NATION

PASSWORD

Antifa Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Antifa Discussion Thread

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:08 pm

You're probably wondering why this thread exists. Well, the reason why is that while we have threads dedicated to the alt-right, there is no thread that is fully dedicated to this anarchist leftist terrorist group. Antifa is a loosely coordinated group of far-left activists and protesters who have banded together "against the establishment and authority", which in their case, is the perceived threat from capitalists and the alt-right. They have assaulted and maimed people, and have gotten close to killing in the past. This group must be stopped soon.

I've created this thread for you to dump your thoughts. Let's begin!
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Dear lord son, what have you done?

In all seriousness, I don't condone a lot of what ANTIFA does. I consider their "loose or broad" goals to be admirable, that is, standing against racism and authoritarianism of all stripes, but when they delve into far-left, bizarre bullshit, well, I get a little less sympathetic. But the criticisms of the Antifa being worse than the alt right or the criticisms that "teh alt left is also evil" are kind of out there.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Major-Tom wrote:Dear lord son, what have you done?

In all seriousness, I don't condone a lot of what ANTIFA does. I consider their "loose or broad" goals to be admirable, that is, standing against racism and authoritarianism of all stripes, but when they delve into far-left, bizarre bullshit, well, I get a little less sympathetic. But the criticisms of the Antifa being worse than the alt right or the criticisms that "teh alt left is also evil" are kind of out there.

I look at it like a spectrum- I'm at the middle. The crackpots are at either end.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:

I look at it like a spectrum- I'm at the middle. The crackpots are at either end.

Right.. it's as crazy to want to fight against bigotry and racism as it is to promote it. It's all just a point of view. I don't condone violence on either side but the aims of each are not equally good.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Veleth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Veleth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Well, you could almost say that ANTIFA is like a leftist terrorist group. I mean, if you look at their official Twitter page, you can see their almost Nazi-like rhetoric, except in reverse. Besides, it doesn't look like they actively refrain from using violence to achieve their political goals. In my opinion, it is like the KKK, but in reverse.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Veleth wrote:

Well, you could almost say that ANTIFA is like a leftist terrorist group. I mean, if you look at their official Twitter page, you can see their almost Nazi-like rhetoric, except in reverse. Besides, it doesn't look like they actively refrain from using violence to achieve their political goals. In my opinion, it is like the KKK, but in reverse.

They are already classified as a terrorist group in my state of birth, New Jersey.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Veleth wrote:

They are already classified as a terrorist group in my state of birth, New Jersey.

I'm so sorry.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:I look at it like a spectrum- I'm at the middle. The crackpots are at either end.

Right.. it's as crazy to want to fight against bigotry and racism as it is to promote it. It's all just a point of view. I don't condone violence on either side but the aims of each are not equally good.

Indeed.
I simply disagree with these black blocs/antifas/whatevers that a white-sheeted cone-hatted Dunce-ass racist shitbag walking around whining about muh heritarge and blacks committing more crimes and killing over 9000 innocent white wimmin coppers who dindu nuffin is the same as old Dunceass McDunce leading a lynch mob and therefore we can beat him up when he whines. That's just fucked-up. But they're not committed to a liberal society, they want one where the patent fact that we are not Dovahkiins is ignored.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Veleth wrote:

I thought you were British.
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

American antifa is pretty stupid right now. Other antifas, such as British antifa in the 80s and Greek antifa now were/are very effective.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:They are already classified as a terrorist group in my state of birth, New Jersey.

I'm so sorry.

Really? I'd be thankful if they were classified as a terrorist group here in Washington.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:29 pm

In Britain, the Battle of Cable Street put the BUF on the decline. In the 70s and 80s antifascism forced skinheads underground. In France antifa and jewish groups made nazis afraid to spread their hate and violence by going into nazi bars and beating the shit out of people. Now you've got people pissing themselves because Chelsea Manning said we should curbstomp white supremacists, and chuds literally running away and taking off their clothes when confronted with counter protesters.

Make these fuckers afraid to organize. Drive them back under their rocks. It fucking works, that's proven, there's nothing pointing to the idea that "it just emboldens them and drives people to their cause" because 1: they're cowards, and 2: people hate nazis and have no sympathy for them. Fuck your horseshoe theory. One side is preaching genocide and the other side is fighting that. There are clear lines, and if you condemn antifa, you might as well be a collaborator.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:30 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:They are already classified as a terrorist group in my state of birth, New Jersey.

I thought you were British.

u wot m8?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:I thought you were British.

u wot m8?

Well, your sig does say "Red Tory" but it also has an Americanism (shouldathunkit) in there underneath...
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:32 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:u wot m8?

Well, your sig does say "Red Tory" but it also has an Americanism (shouldathunkit) in there underneath...

In Canada, Tory is a term. I have dual Canadian/US Citizenship.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Veleth wrote:

Can you show me evidence on this, all I can see is that Alex Jones claimed they were and this is repeated on a host of right-wing sites but I can't even find it on their NJHD site.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Bombadil wrote:

Can you show me evidence on this, all I can see is that Alex Jones claimed they were and this is repeated on a host of right-wing sites but I can't even find it on their NJHD site.

https://www.njhomelandsecurity.gov/anal ... ?rq=antifa

Did you use fucking Bing to search up my claim?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Redsection
Minister

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsection » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Antifa and the likes are all terrorists in my eyes , they are not some special freedom fighting " peoples " group , as for the Alt right and skinheads. They are misguided and incompetent fools who claim fascism and other ideologies they lack any concept of.
[*]National Syndicalist
[*]Soon to join the American Blackshirt Party
[*]Majority European, Native American ancestry, latino heritage
[*]Anti: Globalism , Communism , Nazism, Satanism
[*]Pro: Fascism, Guns Rights, Militias

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:36 pm

I agree with most of this, but I think Antifa shoulders a lot of the blame for the escalation in violence in the past few years. They attack peaceful demonstrations, and that's created an atmosphere where you need people willing to fight them if you're going to going to engage in any demonstration they might target, which seems to be anything that deviates from their extremist platform. It creates a situation where violence in inevitable, which of course just attracts people who are in it for the violence.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Veleth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Veleth » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Veleth wrote:

Good. Hope they get classified as a terrorist group everywhere, because they are causing more harm than happiness.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:38 pm

MERIZoC wrote:In Britain, the Battle of Cable Street put the BUF on the decline. In the 70s and 80s antifascism forced skinheads underground. In France antifa and jewish groups made nazis afraid to spread their hate and violence by going into nazi bars and beating the shit out of people. Now you've got people pissing themselves because Chelsea Manning said we should curbstomp white supremacists, and chuds literally running away and taking off their clothes when confronted with counter protesters.

Make these fuckers afraid to organize. Drive them back under their rocks. It fucking works, that's proven, there's nothing pointing to the idea that "it just emboldens them and drives people to their cause" because 1: they're cowards, and 2: people hate nazis and have no sympathy for them. Fuck your horseshoe theory. One side is preaching genocide and the other side is fighting that. There are clear lines, and if you condemn antifa, you might as well be a collaborator.

Nice cognitive dissonance there. Surely the way to combat organized fascistic violence is to replace it with unorganized fascistic violence. Genius.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Veleth wrote:

Good. Hope they get classified as a terrorist group everywhere, because they are causing more harm than happiness.

And that's saying something. N.J is often described as one of the more liberal states.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Vaquas wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:In Britain, the Battle of Cable Street put the BUF on the decline. In the 70s and 80s antifascism forced skinheads underground. In France antifa and jewish groups made nazis afraid to spread their hate and violence by going into nazi bars and beating the shit out of people. Now you've got people pissing themselves because Chelsea Manning said we should curbstomp white supremacists, and chuds literally running away and taking off their clothes when confronted with counter protesters.

Nice cognitive dissonance there. Surely the way to combat organized fascistic violence is to replace it with unorganized fascistic violence. Genius.

The way to combat fascists is just like how you combat any other enemy that seeks your destruction.

Dorran
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorran » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

This, mostly.

While I am also anti-fascist (and I do enjoy seeing a Nazi get socked in the face), responding in the way ANTIFA does makes it very easy for people to say, "well, the left is also full of violent nutjobs so really who is the right side?" I mean, getting angry and passionate is great for rhetoric, but it has to be kept to speeches and debate. The instant you start responding to violence with violence is when the public discounts what you have to say. They start dismissing your positions because of how you choose to respond to your opponents, and then the more level-headed people who are arguing the same points but don't run around destroying property get lumped together with those who do. Really, at best the whole movement is counterproductive to what their aims are.

While a fascist may deserve to be punched in the face, doing so ultimately hurts your validity in the public eye.
Economic: -1.13
Social: -3.54
Visualization

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

The way to combat fascists is just like how you combat any other enemy that seeks your destruction.

Well well, give us the combat strategy!
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General