NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 34 - Vodiznad, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:59 am

The venue cheers as Darkmania enters the the stage. However, as people remember last years "scandal" (Darkmania got votes from a nation with a large darkmanian diaspora, aka a puppet) some audible booing from the venue audience is also heard. But luckily, its not brutal as thought and duing the dress rehearsals.

Ädriän Rerdimÿr, the singer, stands on the stage with this outfit and he is using a microphone stand. Säbrïnë "Smokedfilled Spirits" Hërdae, while wearing this dress and her violin, stands on the rightmost end of the stage (or this side). As the dress are too long, she stands on a platform that makes her dress longer. The background is, as always in Darkmania`s entries, turned off in the beginning and only the spotlight lights up the stage. The audience is pitch dark.

Seconds of silence...

Without any warning, Ädrian begins to sing with his powerful voice.

Jeg vill beskytte deg. Mot onde kraft (I will proctect you. Againt evil ghosts)
Jeg er alltid på din side (I I am always on your side)
For deg (For you)

Ädrian`s light fades out. This begins a long violin solo, the main focus of this years darkmanian entry. An emotional violinist solo. The background now wakes up and displays a forest like this. A long Steadicamshot shows that she and Ädrian are alone for now.

After some time, the transition then cuts to a recorded skit, featuring one young man and a young lady. Both are in a foggy forest, with a waterfall in the shot. The pair holds hands, then leave from each other. As the pair walk from each other, A closeup of their hand separating from is t. Teardrops on the faces as they leave each other.

The transition then cuts back to live, but this time, the pair is dancing together. And with their clothes being the same as the recorded “skit”, but this time, they are happy.

The white spotlight begins to light up at Ädriän, who will sing their last lines, while the dancers dance, and Säbrïnë plays the violinfThere is a wide shot, showing the dancers, Säbrïnë and Ädrian on stage at once.

Selv om verden er imot, (Even if the world is against,)
Så vill jeg aldri, gå min vei (So will i never, walk away)

As the music fades out, the venue makes biggest cheers in the edition of the Festival, and some who booed at
the beginning also cheers! As the Darkmania bows down and is thinking, the cheering calms down a bit!

This cuts to Polkopia`s postcard as the venue begins to shut up so Polk can sing their song.
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

13 Polkopia Poscard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:00 am

At the start of the Polkopian postcard, we are situated in an image of a violin and cello player shrouded in a silhouette. Both of them seemed to look in frozen in time, before the cello player began to pluck the strings to the melody of the Polkopian postcard, before the cello player began to play the deeper melody of the song. The violin player then played the vocal line to Ada Filipovic's 'Psychotic.' After a few more seconds of playing, the camera then zoomed out of the moving picture, revealing it to be an illusory effect of a recording session that Ada herself was observing with approval. She then began to sing alongside the two instrumentalists, but we'd only see a few seconds of this before the camera view faded with a white light.

The white light disappeared to make way for an installation of an old, historical Polkopian painting. Ada and the two instrumentalists can be seen carrying a facsimile of that old Polkopian painting in the same recording studio. Shots of them trying to determine where to best place the painting were most prominent, which then transitioned into a montage of all three working together to install that painting. With the complete product at hand, the camera slowly zoomed into that painting until it dominated the entire broadcast frame.

The camera ceased its movements as the only thing that can be seen was the painting, and Ada said “Kota yash istoriya,” with the Polkopian entry information appearing immediately after.

Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:03 am

tune: Zella Day - Hypnotic

Ada Filipović only just turned 24 year old. She was born in the city of Dovgordia, one of Polkopia's larger cities. Growing up, she lived a rather well-off life, with both of her parents being quite well-respected members of theatrical organizations in the city. Growing up with this, Ada was bound to have some sort of affiliation with theater, and it just so happened that she was very much involved in musical theater throughout her high school years. After receiving her high school diploma, she enrolled in a local art school, where she received further education in musical theater. After graduation, she remained with the school, joining the school's professional theater group, where she toured around Polkopia, reenacting famous musicals. Her song, Psycotic, is her first professional single, and it just so happened that it brought her to Izmedu!

The stage, of course, started out completely dark. It wasn't until the music started playing, where the stage began to light up. In the first guitar notes, the pillars on the sides of the stage lit up one by one, in tune with the guitar rift at the beginning, Once one lit up, the next one would light up, until all three were lit, at which point, remained illuminated in a deep, almost blood-red color. The back of the stage lit up in white, while the front of the stage remained dark. Four female background singers, 2 on each side, were seen against the front two light pillars. Though their faces weren't directly visible, one could see the mask that each of them wore. They sang the "aa's" in the opening. It wasn't until she started singing, where Ada became visible. Her face was a pale white, and her hair was dyed black, and was brushed back behind her head, and appeared to be wet. Her outfit wasn't visible, as it was black and matched the floor of the stage. On her face, viewers would be able to see a strange black and blue design painted on her face.

I wanna know all your secrets
And your biggest weakness
As you give me a kiss,
Baby

The background screen showed different feather-like patterns moving around the screen. It looked as if though Ada remained still, but after every line she sang, the camera filmed her from different angles.

Got your picture stuck in my head
Hope I don't get ahead
Making me lose myself now

I can't escape this feeling
Now you've got me feeling
Just like a girl from the movie.

Sweet words you say to me.
Saying we're meant to be.
But honey, you don't even know.

Ada seems to be extending her arms to the side, as she looked up toward the ceiling, gently closing her eyes.

Can't leave me in a room alone
Cause I'm crazy, boy.

At that moment, a bright flash appears on stage. A golden sun is shown in the background, growing larger and larger. Brightness also seems to be erupting from the center of the sun, with the LED lights and floors becoming brighter, the closer they are to the sun. Ada's outfit is revealed. She is wearing something similar to this , bit with a train in the back. The camera starts with an overhead view, slowly spinning in circles, as the LED floor is shown, with it being mostly black, but a white star at the place where Ada stood. As the sings, the camera films her from strange angles, from upside down, to other obscure angles. Wile filming, the camera slightly drifted, giving an ominous feel to the performance. In some instances, she is shown wide-eyed and smiling as she sang.

Born from the flames of hell
Psychotic, they always call me.
And the day that you say farewell
You'll fall into an endless sleep.

I don't want to leave your side.
I just want to make you mine.

You might think that I'm exotic.
No baby, I'm just psychotic.

As the chorus ended, the camera seemed to rapidly spiral, before filming the stage from a normal, frontal point of view. The light pillars matched the guitar rift, once again, with the same colors as before. The background is all black except for the base, where there appears to be a small fire brewing. Though the flames can hardly be seen, the light illuminated by the fire can be seen half-way up the screen. The background singers still sang the "aa's", before Ada sang again.

Red lips and a pale face
Nothing's out of place
I know what you like best, baby.

As soon as you see me
I'll want you do take me
Take me to another world.

I see through your lies so
Don't even try no,
Don't try to play me for a fool.

I'll tug on your heartstrings.
I know how much it stings.
Feeling a blade go in your chest.

The fire, which had been slightly visible before, now seemed to rise up a bit. Soon, the first couple feet of the LED screen seemed to be covered in flames.

Can't leave me in a room alone
Cause I'm crazy, boy

Ada lifted her hands above her head as she sang the chorus again. The fire now engulfed at least half of the background LED screen, as well as most of the light pillars.

The camera zoomed out, only slightly, and the fire seemed to dim and slow down a bit. It was almost as if the entire stage, and everything else, was in slow motion while Ada sang.

She raised her hands again, and the fire seemed to burn brighter than ever. Red and gold lights around the stage only seemed to intensify the lighting, and eventually, the fire reached the top of the LED screen by the end of the chorus. After the first "No baby, I'm just psychotic.", the camera panned away from her and showed the fire and the background singers.

After she sang the last line, the fire began to whither away, and the camera was focused on Ada's face, which took up at least half of the view. Her eyes were shut and she was smiling, mouth closed. The camera zoomed out, and at the second "a-a-a" that was sung by the background singers, she opened her eyes, keeping the same expression that she had.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

14 Estogium Postcard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:04 am

At the start of the Estogian postcard, we are situated to a shot of sound and mixing equipment in a recording studio, with a hand on the foreground about to operate this machinery. The muffled sound of Shyna Kumbes' entry can be heard in the background as then the person behind the sound equipment began to twist and turn some of the knobs on that recording equipment, as well as pushing the equalizer up. This caused the audio of Shyna's entry go become louder on broadcast, and the camera then faded to a view of Shyna singing her song in a recording booth.

Despite there being a monochrome filter, there was a swatch of red color lying next to Shyna. As she sung her entry, with a version emphasizing her vocals more being played during the postcard, she would glance at the swatch of color at a few occasions. At the last note, Shyna turned sideways as the camera then faded to a closer view of the swatch of color, which was a locket. The sounds of Shyna talking to the person managing the equipment can be heard as the camera remained focused on that locket.

Shyna then said “Vhosos et leerario” with the entry information appearing soon after.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 am

Translation: We Will Fight
Tune: Ginta Biku - ”Cet air là” (VR-Video)

RVC, the broadcaster for Estogium in the World Hit Festival, has stated that they will be coming back to the World Hit Festival, in Vodiznad, in the attempt to try and place higher on the scoreboard, as they once did in their World Hit history. Despite joining the World Hit Festival with 12th place, with 14 points, the nation’s second attempt saw them jump up the scoreboard, placing joint fourth place with 16 points. Ellie Morgent’s 7th place saw Estogium withdraw from the World Hit Festival, stating that Ellie was not treated fairly, and they stuck to this belief as Ellie scored the best placing in the nation’s WorldVision Song Contest history, coming 2nd place with 117 points. Estogium returned in World Hit Festival 27, as their neighbouring nation managed to win the contest after waiting around 13 editions. Estogium returned receiving the nation’s second top 5 placing, coming 5th. As the contest stayed in the region, Estogium (who was initially going to withdraw) decided it would stay. Estogium came 4th again, their third top 5 placing, with 19 points - their best World Hit Festival result to date. Liam Andreasson then came on to the scene, giving Estogium another top 10 placing, coming 6th. Everything seemed to be going well for the nation, but they withdrew from the World Hit Festival 30, stating that they would be taking a break from the contest to try and recuperate and come back even stronger. However, this may have been the wrong thing to do, as Estogium saw itself receive it’s worst placing ever, coming 16th with only 4 points. This came as a shock, and many people thought Estogium should withdraw from the contest, like it did after Ellie Morgent scored 9 points only, especially as Nightom came 4th in the World Hit Festival (and then went on to win the WorldVision Song Contest with the same song). Estogium, however, came back to the next contest in Euskirribakondara, and while they did come in the top 10, they placed 8th with 14 points, which is one of their worst results in terms of placing. Coming back to the contest in Normandy and Picardy with a song described as “monotonous”, “repetitive” and “plain boring” saw the nation plummet to 13th place.

RVC were unsure on what to do because in the past four editions they had participated in, they sent four different types of songs. RVC enlisted the help of Shyna Kumbes, who represented Estogium in the 47th WorldVision Song Contest, where Estogium came 9th with 66 points. Shyna was praised for her song for having ethno-afro vibes, and therefore it becoming very successful in Estogium. When the RVC contacted Shyna, she had a song that she thought may work for Estogium, but she wasn’t sure how it would be perceived by the public abroad. Being reminded that the World Hit Festival was full of artists and songs that are experimental, perhaps, her song would fit in quite well. Reluctantly, she agreed to participate in the contest, especially after receiving that push from her family.

Estogium will be, for the first time, entering a song partly sung in the Britonish Language, which the nation has done on four different occasions in the WorldVision Song Contest. The chorus of the song will be sung in Britonish, in it’s form before it is reformed. RVC has stated that the song they will be submitting for the next World Hit Festival will be in English, before looking in to submitting a song entirely in Britonish; as it did in WorldVision 46, in Antahbrantahstan, where the song came 9th place.

READING PHONETICALLY
Here you can learn how to read the Britonish chorus sections properly. We have made sure that the syllables match up to the syllables in the real life song.

Stat-ee-ya-ny, loo-ni-vex-sur-elle
Sigh hoog-my-yes, ra-bat-arks-sey
Na-nigh le-tuhl-nigh nigh-yet kints doo-sher
Na-digh loss-oh, hass-oh ee-doh-at-er

Stat-ee-ya-ny, Sigh hoog-my-yes, ra-bat-arks-sey

Shyna Kumbes - "Rabatarxe"

Shyna Kumbes stepped on the stage during the postcard break. She was ready to return on the international stage, especially to put to bed the recent bad results for Estogium in the World Hit Festival. Shyna Kumbes stood on the stage wearing jeans, which were tight, which stopped in the middle of her thighs. She wore a long flowy dress to cover the top half of her body, but there was a “cloak” type back, meaning that it came behind her legs, which also made her legs hidden away from the back. She stood there, in the middle of the stage smiling, tightly holding on to the microphone hoping that the performance would go swimmingly for her.

The audience cheered for Shyna Kumbes and the music started. Suddenly the audience in Vodiznad were taken from the arena to a jungle, and as the rather long introduction played on and on, Shyna slowly moved forwards, with the LED screens syncopating themselves with Shyna Kumbes, with things in the distance started disappearing, and the LED floor’s path changed.

The forest’s moving forwards,
Now the men's battle-cry is now heard.
Baby, flee to safety with me,
Let us go and escape to be free.

She was looking at the camera as she sang that part of the song, the camera in front of her, moving to the left of her, before another camera to the right as the next verse came, and the texture of the song was being built up. It also seemed as though the LED was developing alongside the song, because the brightness of the LED seemed to decrease, and the artificial lights in the arena increased, with green, blue and yellow featuring a lot.

As she sang about how no one could lift “the spell,” she raised her hands in the air in a cusp, and the camera tilted upwards, only for a hologram of golden twinkles raised from her hands up in to the air and spread out along the top of the ceiling.

We are damned, we’re being punished.
There's no way of lifting the spell,
Either you or I dies tonight.
Our destination now is known.

The camera then tilted back down as she pointed at it, when she sang “You” and pointing at herself when she sang “I.” As she continued to sing the last part of the verse, men wearing military outfits (though not as hardcore, they were made so that dancing could be done in them; they were comfortable enough) started lurking from the back of the stage. Shyna Kumbes dropped to the floor when she sang about how their "destination is now known."

Another camera panned around the front of the stage as all the men run towards her and get on the floor, covering their faces as Shyna slowly raised upwards slowly, menacingly looking at the camera, connecting with the audience at home. Red shone on her as she raised up slowly and the golden twinkles had started to swirl around her.

Statianie llunivexserelle
Cy Jugmies, rabatarxe
Nany letulnie, niet kintzes duscher
Nady loso, haco ydohater

Statianie, cy jugmies, rabatarxe

When Shyna sang, “duscher,” the men got up from the position they were in, and stood strongly, looking forwards at the audience, as though they were suddenly turned in to stone. Shyna Kumbes went to the side of one of them as slowly dropped to the floor, leaning her back on the male. The backing singers could be heard loudly when she repeated the words at the end of the chorus, and at this point Shyna was on the floor and so she went in to a cradle position as the men around her sprung out of their stationary form they were previously in. Along with the dance break, the men jumped and danced around her, using their hips to swirl around, but also seeming to circle around Shyna, who was still in the cradling position.

The song now went to the begin, with lots of the instrumentation suddenly being cut out. The jumpy beat was still present in the song, though, and this was the beat the men who surrounded Shyna used to bop back to the back of the stage. Shyna got up from where she was as she began singing the next verse. The backing LED turned to black and as she sang the words “Time”, “Redemption” , “Dead” and “Past”, they all came up behind her as the golden twinkles. The camera was positioned so that she was in the left or right corner of the television, with the golden twinkles taking up most of the space for the viewers at home to see. There was a single spot light on Shyna Kumbes. The men had seemed to disappear for now.

Time - it's caught up on us,
Redemption is satisfying.
We are dead people walking,
We can't run away from the past.

“We can’t run away from the past,” is quite a significant line in the song, and so, at this point a man’s hand came from the darkness and the man put his arm across her neck, having her in a headlock. What did this symbolise? What did she do? Well, that is something she wanted the audience to think about.

The next verse of the song told more of the story as she turned away from the audience, and therefore the camera. However, a steadicam came on to the stage, and you could see Shyna Kumbes had her hands up against another hand, probably the hand of the other male. As the camera moved forwards towards Shyna, she seemed to be following the movements of the male, even though we could only see his shadow. The steadicam moved around the male, slowly passing him, but you could only still see his neck and shoulders. As the camera passed pass the male, Shyna rapidly glanced at the camera, widening her eyes before looking back at the male.

Our fate is carved in the stone,
It's engraved, and bound through our lives.
We don't know when the line is cut.
Though, my heart bleeds tears for us both.

Shyna quickly moved back around as she sang the last part of the verse. She held on to her heart, and a blue dot appeared on her hand.

Again, the backing vocals came on strong, and the stage started to light up, with all the males appearing behind Shyna Kumbes, but they were all very close to her, even touching on to each other. They seemed to be fighting over Shyna, but they were doing this in slow motion as Shyna sang to the camera.

Statianie llunivexserelle
Cy Jugmies, rabatarxe
Nany letulnie, niet kintzes duscher
Nady loso, haco ydohater

Statianie, cy jugmies, rabatarxe

Shyna smiled as the whole stage suddenly flashed white and then turned back in to the jungle that was present at the start of the song. As the stage flashed white, the camera switched from one that was quite close to one that was in the far back of the arena. At a fast pace, it came towards Shyna, and though the audience at home wouldn’t know this was done, the camera changed to a steadicam, placed in the perfect position to make it look as though it was only one camera doing all of the work. Shyna jumped and pranced around, as the males just stood by her guarding. She then clapped her hands along with the music, and the audience joined in with her.

The song came to an abrupt ending, with her posing and the men dropping to the floor. She giggled before bowing at the audience. “Thank you so much Vodiznad!” she exclaimed.

ENGLISH LYRICS
These are the official English lyrics. Themes and Ideas have been kept, but there may be a few grammatical differences to make the song make sense in the English language.

We stand united
They can play games, we will defend.
We shouldn't let our hope die
I couldn't lose without a fight
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

15 Fromulya Postcard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:09 am

At the start of the Fromulyan postcard, we see a group of Fromulyans playing an instrument called a Gamelan. The melody that they seemed to be playing was unrecognizable for a few moments as the camera cut to various Fromulyans playing it in unison. After a bit, the melody being played on the Gamelan was then the a bit of the instrumental of the Fromulyan entry to the current festival. The camera then panned to an area in which Umi, the Fromulyan entrant, can be seen leading the Gamelan players through her singing the entry. However, only the audio of the Gamelan played.

The camera then panned towards an exit, then 'exited' the building with a flash effect applied to it. Then, there was a fade to an outdoor scene in the country, with a Fromulyan man working on the fields with two bulls pulling a plough. The melody of the song would continue to play through the Gamelan instruments. The image of the working man would then freeze.

Umi can then be heard saying “Inilah ceritaku,” then the entry information appeared on the screen.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:12 am

After a disappointing nul points a couple of editions ago, the Republic of Fromulya is back! Returning in Izmedu after last participating here, the participating broadcaster is once again TVRF (Televisi Republik Fromulya), which is the government-owned television station. They have selected Umi Qomariah, who wrote the song together with her husband Abi Syamsiah.
The song tells the story of Layla, a girl who has gone missing. It is sung from the point of view of Layla's friends or relatives who are eager to see her return. While the song isn't inspired by any real life events, the couple have pledged to donate half of their profit from the song to a Fromulyan organization dedicated to missing children.

For the WHF performance, Umi is wearing a beautiful dress with a hijab. She will be joined on stage with a couple of backing singers, who will stand at the back of the stage. For the entire performance, the background screens will display generic Islamic geometric patterns (like this). As the song begins, Umi enters the stage, reaching the center just in time to start singing.

Kemana dirimu?
Tak ada langkahmu
Kamu menghilang begitu saja
Katakanlah
Kemana kau
Wahai Layla

The performance is meant to be simple; Umi will just stand there and sing, because that's what she was here for, and this is all about the music.

Sekarang berlalu
Beberapa hari
Tapi kau tak kunjung beri kabar
Katakanlah
Kemana kau
Wahai Layla

Pulanglah, pulanglah
Aku mencarimu
Pulanglah, pulanglah
Ku merindukanmu
Katakanlah
Kemana kau
Wahai Layla
Ku menyayangimu

Pulanglah, pulanglah
Aku mencarimu
Pulanglah, pulanglah
Ku merindukanmu
Katakanlah
Kemana kau
Wahai Layla
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah

Oh Layla, oh Layla
Pulanglah, oh Layla
Kita semua menunggu kabar darimu

Oh Layla, oh Layla
Pulanglah, oh Layla
Tanpa kamu, apa yang akan jadi dari kita disini?

Pulanglah, pulanglah
Aku mencarimu
Pulanglah, pulanglah
Ku merindukanmu
Katakanlah
Kemana kau
Wahai Layla
Ku menyayangimu

Pulanglah, pulanglah
Aku mencarimu
Pulanglah, pulanglah
Ku merindukanmu
Katakanlah
Kemana kau
Wahai Layla
Ku menyayangimu

As Umi vocalises, the part in brackets is sung by the backing singers.

(Pulanglah, pulanglah, aku mencarimu)
(Pulanglah, pulanglah, ku merindukanmu)
Katakanlah
Kemana kau
Wahai Layla
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah

The song ends, the crowd cheers. Umi utters a polite "Terima kasih" and then leaves the stage for the entry from the Balkvla Islands.

Where have you gone?
Your steps aren’t there
You just disappeared like that
Please tell where you are
Oh Layla

Now a few days have passed
But you still haven’t given us any news
Oh Layla

Come home, come home
I’ve been looking for you
Come home, come home
I miss you
Oh Layla
I love you

Come home, come home
Come home, come home
I miss you
Oh Layla
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah

Oh Layla, oh Layla
Come home, oh Layla
We’re all waiting for news from you

Oh Layla, oh Layla
Come home, oh Layla
Without you, what will be of us here?

Come home, come home
Come home, come home
I miss you
Oh Layla
I love you

Come home, come home
Come home, come home
I miss you
Oh Layla
I love you

(Come home, come home, I’ve been looking for you)
(Come home, come home, I miss you)
Oh Layla
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah
Layla, Layla, lah

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

16 Balkvla Islands Postcard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:19 am

For the Balkvla Islands postcard, the initial scene was an EDM festival with a large crowd at the outset from the perspective of the DJ that was playing. The sounds of cheering fans was the dominating sound before it softened into bits and pieces of the Balkvla Islands entry playing through the broadcast. The camera angles then focused on the audience members cheering at the 'drop' of the entry, with many waving flags of their country while others danced and raved. The postcard was careful not to reveal who the DJ was physically, but the person behind the DJ table on the stage was none other than the representatives, Vaporwares.

With the instrumental still lingering, the technology filled festival then transitioned into a view of a rain forest in the Balkvla Islands. It was a vast change of scenery, with none of the large crowds or even Vaporwares anywhere to be found. However, the backdrop of the music provided a fitting musical backings to the tranquil rain forest. The camera surveyed the vast vistas of the rain forest before settling on an intimate view of a group of palm leaves at what looks to be ground level of the ofrest.

Al and Allen of Vaporwares can then be heard saying “E'to ha wo!hitoria” with the entry information appearing on the screen soon after.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 am

Tune: The Chainsmokers - Bloodstream

The song begins with singer Allen laying on his back on the stage floor, a single empty syringe discarded next to him. He stares up to the ceiling camera with a dazed look, his Rolling Rock Beer t-shirt and blue jeans wrinkled and slightly stained, with his hair a mess and five o'clock shadow. A single spotlight shined on him as he began to sing while laying on the floor.

I've so far been high three times this week
Spent everything I to chase this high now
I thought I-I-I-I-I-I can keep this up
Now I-I-I-I-I-I don't think it'll stop

He slowly got up to sitting position on the floor, at stage left, was a woman in a blue dragon costume carrying a staff. She began move around, expertly showing off her athletic and combat skills with the staff. Allen just reached out from his spot longingly at the blue dragon.

At the same time, Allen's friend, Al, is quietly standing behind his electric keyboard with the rest of the backing band behind him.

Yeah, I loved how my very first trip went
When I felt like I can do anything I want
And that I-I-I-I-I am super invincible
But I guess I-I-I-I was lying to myself

Allen got up and slowly walked up to the blue female dragon who twirled and fought an invisible opponent with her staff. She him coming and immediately ran off stage left, only to then appear from stage right. Allen resumes his chase after her, slowly making his way to her.

I'm screwed up, I'm dying
I'm always here lying
To people I know
Because I don't need them
But I-I-I-I-I never meant to push them
Oh yeah, I-I-I-I-I, never really meant to push them
But I did so~

Every time Allen went to grab at the female dragon, she would expertly dodge out of his grasp while showing off her apparent martial art skills, this chase repeated all over the stage, Allen appearing increasingly desperate with each failed attempt.

I tried to go and get myself clean
Went through this cold turkey torture
I felt like I was in too much pain
I felt like I-I-I-I was going to end up dying
This cold turkey has got me on the run

As he sings that verse, Allen falls to his knees in desperation, as the female dragon teasing him to continue chasing after her.

I'm shivering, I'm sweating
I'm so badly craving
To relive that high
That made me feel power
Knowing I-I-I-I, could end up dying
Oh yeah, I'm-I-I-I'm willing to end up dying
I am dying~!

He gets up to see the dragon standing with him on center stage, they began to dance with each other, but the dragon still refuses to let him touch her. Eventually, Allen makes one final desperate lunge at her, only to trip and fall into her arms.

I'm dying, I'm fading
I'm disintegrating
Everything I have done
Have lead me to my grave
But I-I-I-I will never regret this
For I-I-I-I finally got what I wanted
It's what I wanted~

He screamed the last line repeatedly as the music began to slow down. The dragon carefully placed Allen down on his back on the floor, stroking his hair. After setting him down, she calmly walked away, leaving her staff with him. Allen looked to the ceiling completely dazed, holding the staff close to his body.

It's really what I wanted

He said once last time with a smile before going limp and the stage went dark.
Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

17 Kalosia Postcard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 am

For the Kalosian postcard, we first see a philharmonic orchestra led with no conductor, playing an orchestra-based rendition of the Kalosian entry on their own accord. The camera maintained this wide view of the orchestra before focusing on a cello player, a viola, and the horn section, in that order. The strokes and pushes of their instruments were tied exactly to the musical movements of the Kalosian entry. The orchestra ceased playing after a few cuts to other players. Then, after a beat, Lidiane walked onto the orchestra stage in her performance outfit, a silvery white dress. She then began to sing along with the orchestra.

From this point, the camera again took a wide view of the orchestra stage. As Lidiane sang her entry, the background behind the orchestra began to gradually change into a painting of an old ship, presenting a golden hind ship battling against mildly rough waters. The change was gradual, with the screen behind them almost folding upon itself for the transition process to happen. Once it was done so, the camera began to fully zoom into that picture until that painting was the only thing that can be seen.

Lidiane can then be heard saying “Kestë es mia storia” with the entry information then appearing on the screen.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:40 am

Translation: A Mountain of Salt
Tune: Feel Me Now — Ariadne
Kalosian pronunciation guide

Lidianë Marino is a 17-year old Kalosian singer. She rose to fame through the show La Vošë di Kalosia, the Kalosian edition of The Voice, in 2016. Although she only came 5th, Lidianë managed to sign a contract with a record company.

Lidianë entered and won the 28th Festival dele Melodie Kalosiane (FMK28) and got the honour of becoming the first act to be sent after the implementation of the 2017 Reformation on the Kalosian Language. Thus, this is the first FMK winner written under the new language rules. The song was promptly submitted by Radiu-Televižju Kalosia (RTVK) as the Kalosian entry to the 34th World Hit Festival.

For the performance, Lidianë is wearing a silvery-white dress. If you look closely you'll see lines, both straight and curved, as well as what appear to be dots scattered across the fabric. These patterns were inspired by the star charts that Kalosian sailors once used to navigate through the seas.
She stood on the lowest part of the stage right in front of the audience, while 3 backing singers stood way back in the highest part of the stage. As the song began, the entire stage floor turned blue, with ripples and wavy patterns - emulating the surface of the sea. The background screens showed a night sky, and if you looked closely you could see a coastal area (including a town and even mountains) at the bottom of the screen.

Dišonu kë li venti, loru pose
Determinarë tudi noši destini
Au, per noš due, unë barkë
Posamu kontrolarë la velë insemë
Le stele gideranu la vië
Gideranu per noš

The coastal area in the background screen faded away. More sea appeared in its place, now with a sailboat, which seemed a bit distant.

Noši kori loru naviganu traversu
L’ošanu d’amurë per trovarë la lužë
Nël laši niu mar asugarë o
Il rimanerebë unë montañë di sal

The upper parts of the stage turned a dirty white colour (imitating the texture of salt), while the rest of the stage remained as-is. This reflected on the song's lyrics, in which if the ocean of love was abandoned, then it would dry up and leave a mountain of salt. The sea in the background disappeared, so now it's just showing a night sky.

Komë gardamu lontanu di la rialta
Nël vaj da mi e nël oľi mi
Le stele gideranu la vië
Gideranu la vië per noš

Nël laši
Nël laši

Nël asugi, niu mar

The background screens displayed a vibrant night sky, with stars and all. The rest of the stage dimmed.

Le luže ul tšelu dakordanu
Noš di nia destinažju
Le stele gideranu la vië
Gideranu per noš

The stars in the background flashed to the beat. When the rest of the music came back on again, everything returned to as before, though the stars remained. Lidianë hummed.

Në asugal, niu mar

The center part of the stage now turned the same dirty white salt texture that the upper parts of the stage became earlier.

The platform between the center part of the stage and the front now turned white too, suggesting that the ocean of love mentioned in the song is drying and leaving a mountain of salt.

Finally the front of the stage, where Lidianë stood, turned white, just as the song ended. The crowd cheered. "Gražia!", Lidianë exclaimed, "thank you!" She then left the stage to allow the delegation from the newcomer Hesskin Empire to set up.

They say that the winds
They can determine all our destinies
I have, for both of us, a boat
We can control the sail together
The stars will guide the way
They will guide for us

Our hearts, they sail through
The oceans of love, to find the light
Don’t leave our sea to dry
Or a mountain of salt will remain

As we look away from reality
Don’t go away from me, don’t forget me
They will guide the way for us

Don’t leave
Don’t leave

Don’t dry, our sea

The lights in the sky remind us
Of our destination
They will guide for us

Don’t dry, our sea

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

18 Hesskin Empire Postcard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:41 am

For the Hesskin postcard, the first frame was a rock concert being held within the Empire, with the lights swirling about at maximum intensity with the camera shot being closest to the lead guitarist. The camera then made various action shots to the other band players, with the images somewhat frenetic as the musical backing was an instrumental of the Hesskin entry. The movements of each band member were matching the very song itself. As the band on stage itself, a strategic zoom out revealed the proceedings to be a concert held by the Hesskin entrants themselves, The Paul Compound. As the camera zoomed out further, there was a bright fade-out effect.

We then are treated to a picture of an old castle, one that is a relic of the past but also represents the Hesskin Empire's present government as an Empire proud of its imperial glory. The members of The Paul Compound can be seen walking the grounds with their performance outfit, and gaze at the castle with a proud look in their eyes. A camera effect was applied in which the image of the castle was reflected upon their eyes, before the camera then cut to a view of the castle itself.

The members of The Paul Compound can be heard saying “Leetet Jehfee” and the entry information appeared on the screen.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:43 am

Tune: Area 11 - Versus

This is the past again
Bringing you back with me, again,
The end, where do we belong
Im fighting it; How do I win?
Finding our homes again
We are together now! Forever!

I will fight now!;Now and Forever!
Open your soul, fight for us!

We gotta fight, just to survive,fighting for right
We’ll fight for our rights, to stop these lies!
We are the same, March Nay, yay, nay
Now be a soldier!

The Fight, The Cure; Righting the wrongs!
The voice in our heads, it hurts us all!
Now it pierces our souls!
Can you tell me what it is we are Fighting for?
Killing for?

We want our nation back
We need our leader back now
He leaves us now, a sacrifice,for us now
Making soldiers, out of us
He used to be here for us
But now, he is gone, across the line

We build, we fight, marching across these divides
The hardest strikes always land when hands are tied
Both the same: the X, the Y
Choose your side

The voice in our heads, it hurts us all!
Now it pierces our souls!
Can you tell me what it is we are Fighting for?
Killing for?

The Fight, The Cure

It adapts, It Evolves, It Destroys, It Survives
Outcome set long before we arrive
Play the game: defect/comply
But choose your side

The virus in our heads infects, manipulates our thoughts
Once more: can we remember who it is we're dying for?
Fighting for?
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

19 Bojikstan Postcard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:45 am

For the Bojikstani postcard, the first image that could be seen is a close up of a front row in a music festival, two women in the foreground enjoying their time while in the background, a stream of fans were waving Bojikstani flags in reflection of the country's movement towards a peaceful future. This show of Bojikistani prosperity was marked with then overhead views of the crowds, many of them waving to an instrumental of the entry. After many fades and cuts of shots to fans, the camera then turned towards the stage itself, revealing Nine Twenty Two playing their entry itself.

A background that was presented while Nine Twenty Two were playing was one of a protest background itself. This was a reflection of the country's still transitioning state, and the camera slowly zoomed into that image of a man in the middle of a street with smoke behind him. This slow zooming in was played to the tune of the entry itself.

The members of Nine Twenty Two can then be heard saying “Esta es mi historia” and the entry information appeared on the screen.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:47 am

Tune: My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade

Most of the people at the 34th WHF hadn't heard of Bojikstan. That was the plain truth, considering the country had been in a period of instability not long ago and hadn't done much internationally, through trade or diplomacy. They hadn't entered things like this, and the turmoil had created isolation. Now, there was only One Bojikstan. Now, they were finally doing something to put their name on the map. Hopefully, the next edition of the competition wouldn't have anyone asking where the hell is Bojikstan? For now, they were only thinking of making a good debut. Nine Twenty Two was the last band that the government wanted representing them, because of the band's eastern rebel overtone, but they didn't have a choice in sending them. The delegation had opened up voting to the country's many music fans to choose the group that would attend the festival, and Nine Twenty Two had crushed the polls to get in by a good margin. It was now time for their army of fans to descend upon Izmedu for the festival itself, with plenty of expectations.

The band was formed by Santi Wink(lead vocals, frontman) and Cody Norgard(bass, keyboard) when the two were forced to take refuge in Strasburg during the burning of Odena near the end of the Bojikstani Civil War, about four years ago. Swaths of the city, which was the last pro-government stronghold, were razed just before western rebels reformed the country's rulership, but their reform left the eastern part of the country dissatisfied and led to the rise of Nine Twenty Two, who named their band after the date of what used to be known as National Day. After a few shows in war torn Odena, Wink and Norgard added Haley Marino(drums, backup vocals) and Michael Perrera(guitar). All of them hail from the east, with Marino and Perrera joining from Selta. Their first release was an EP titled September Twenty Two, but their rise to fame wouldn't come for a few years later... When they released The Red Parade as a single, and won the hearts of their home city.

The performance begins with all of the lights on the stage going out. All of the screens are black, and there's tension as the fans wonder if this is part of the show or if there's been a power outage of some kind. Suddenly, the lights begin to come back on, but not completely. The stage is still dark. There's no noise, until... We hear a single G note, and then some more low notes from a keyboard. The song begins, and the lights come on and the screens light up quickly. All of the screens are displaying a background that looks like realistic thick grey smoke, and the image on the stage floor is of cracked concrete. The band are wearing outfits that look like they're inspired by post-apoc movies, and Santi takes to the lowest level, which has been moved closer to the crowd for the performance.
When I was, a young boy,
The enemy, burned our cities
Our houses and our land.
They said, “Your time,
As rulers, is over.
And as we’re taking over,
We’ll form a red parade.”

The focus shifts to the instrumental and the part that's being played on the guitar by Perrera and on the drums by Marino. Wink stands at the edge of the stage and pumps the crowd up, jumping and showing off his energy. The smoke on the screens turns into outright fire, likely representing the fires that burned for weeks in Odena during the war. Santi paces back and forth around the stage, high-fiving some of the fans before his next section of vocals. They're delivered by both him and Haley, who has a mic attached to her drums.
(When I was, a young boy,)
(The enemy, burned our cities,)
(Our houses and our land.)
(They said, “Your time,)
(As rulers, is over.)
(And as we’re taking over,)
(We’ll form a red parade.”)

Michael and Cody speed the pace of the song up, and Santi speeds his own pace up dramatically and changes styles. He's speaking more like a rapper than a rock singer, but the Bojikstani members of the crowd are ready to go wild because of this. They know the hook is coming, and there's a good response. At the end of the section of the song, Santi waves Michael and Cody down to the lower level.
Everyday, I wonder. Could this have happened differently?
Could we have changed this if we knew how it would turn out?
Would we have fought a little harder, and took this seriously?
We’re broken and we’re reeling, but one thing is still sure,
The east is never down forever, and even after everything…

Suddenly, there's bursts of thick steam from either side of stage, which is enough to mask the screens transitioning to a fluttering image of the Bojikstani flag. At the same time, there's a laser show all over the arena, with the lights being the sky blue and white colors of the country. The beat is distinctly rock, and so is the band, but they've taken a lot from EDM in this part of their performance, mainly because of the popularity of that kind of music in the country.
We’ll fight on.
We’ll fight on.
Even in our toughest times, we’ll keep on fighting on,
We’ll fight on.

And even if it’s dangerous for us, we’ll always keep fighting on.

The light show fades, and the screens and cameras turn their attention to Santi, who is giving his all and carrying the performance through this part of the vocals. When the hook arrives, there's fire shooting from the edges of the stage, from the same spot that the steam came from earlier in the performance. To pump up the crowd, Santi jumps from the stage during the hook, into the area between the stage and the front row. After pacing back and forth and high-fiving fans, he jumps back to the stage to finish the hook.
There’s good reasons why they call this place,
The land of broken dreams,
But we’ll never bend the knee to you, and our pride will never fall,
We’re the silent majority, and soon we’ll rise,
There is no need for fear,

So fight on,
So fight on,
We’re fighting on.

And even though you put us down,
The east is always fighting on,

The lights dim, and the spotlights shift focus to Cody and to Michael, who are the real stars of this part of the song. Santi is the one singing the vocals, but the instrumental in the background is quite tough and hard and is mostly being played by them. At this point, there's no need for drums for the rest of the song, so Haley gets up from the drum set and moves down to the lower level with Santi, to join the singing for the last part.
We’ll fight right through the opposition,
Oh, oh, oh…
Don’t care if you fill up the prisons,
Oh, oh, oh…

And if you ask any one of us,
We do not give a fuck,
Support you? You cannot make me!
Because we! Will not surrender! You want my shield?
Come and take it!
We’ll be here, and we’ll be waiting,
For one day, when we’ll get a,
Second chance, to right the things that,
You did to us when, you started,
This Red Parade, that marches through our land!

The song is taken over by the guitar and the bass, with the lack of drums, and the screens shift to showing an image of a military parade that happened after the end of the Bojikstani Civil War. The video quality is excellent, making it look like the band is performing in front of the incoming parade, which runs through the war torn city of Odena. At the end of the verse, everything goes dark again, like it was at the beginning of the performance.
Support you? You cannot make me!
Because we! Will not surrender! You want my shield?
Come and take it!
We’ll be here, and we’ll be waiting,
For one day, when we’ll get a,
Second chance, to right the things that,
You did to us when, you started,
This Red Parade, that marches through our land!

Some of the spotlights come back on, and they focus completely on Santi, who takes the next part as a solo. He paces around the stage and sings like he's talking to himself in a monologue, before looking out to the crowd as the bridge ends and gesturing for them to jump. He's letting all of his emotions out, and using all of his energy, but the show is over soon... For now, he's going all in on the solo.
I’m not a soldier,
Just a boy, from Odena,
Who was chosen, to lead his people…
I’m not a soldier,
I'm just a boy, from Odena,
But in the end... It’s all the same to me...

The lights come back on with the hook, which is sung by Santi and Haley. There's fire and miniature fireworks across the back of the stage, giving them a more dramatic backdrop. The screens have gone black, putting all of the attention on the artists instead of the effects. Throughout the hook, there's small fireworks popping behind them, and then eventually, the performance ends with one more large bust of fire, with smoke coming from the edges of the stage.
We fight on,
We fight on,
We’re fighting on,
Even in our toughest times,
We will keep on fighting on.

When the smoke clears, the entire band is on the lower level, and Santi is holding up a red and yellow Odenan regional flag. "That one was for you, the people! I hope you know who we are and where we're from, after that!" he says, and before they exit, the band takes a bow in front of one of the largest audiences they've played in front of yet. From the looks of the reaction to their performance back home in Bojikstan, it was more of a success than they expected...

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

20 Manaime Postcard

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 am

For the Reddish postcard, we see a shot of a female Reddish singer looking down holding a microphone stand. The song, an instrumental of the Reddish entry, saw the singer groove to the beat with her clicking her fingers as she had a brief vocal rest. Then, she continued to sing, with the camera occasionally cutting to shots of excited fans that were singing along to the music. The lights around her pulsed red and blue, creating a night-club like atmosphere. At the audience, near the back, Elliha can be seen smiling in approval at the girl's cover of her entry.

At the applause, the camera shot then faded quickly to a view of an old Reddish structure, a castle. Elliha can be seen walking down the stone steps as she gazed at the lands around her, then she turned around the structure and gazed at it with a smile. It was a symbol of her nation's past and its history, but also an indicator that the nation still survives today.

Elliha can be heard saying “Amplomaneten'homelf” and the entry information appeared on the screen.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:51 am

Tune: Spotlight - Sohee

Take a moment to give
But I don't know what would rise
It's a least just a battle going outside
Standing there, looking at soldiers
And I wonder, would they live!
It is just a matter

-She then dances with powerful moves, defeating the Spotlight away.-

I have fallen off my powers
And I'm not afraid at all
Looking at the skies of darkness
They're haunting cuz they wanna trick..
Maybe it's just or just life

Maybe it's a War Light.
-War Light echoes five times as lights glow around the stage, giving Elli fateful moves.-
Maybe just a War Light.
-War Light echoes again, as there is lots of confetti and dancing.-
Oh. Oh. Oh, oh!

Maybe it's really just a War Light.
I'm just rising up
Till it goes back to the memories
I'm not gonna die
If I'm standing up!

I just go on till I rise
Until the age of dawn..
Is it true that you want just a diamond 'pire

If I die, will you come for me?
Is it really easy?
If your sure, I'm stupid..
I don't really really care bout that

Cuz I'm still strong and never fall
I'm giving you one last chance
Till you end up on angry flames
Are we really seeing a War Light?
-echoes 5 times-
Just seeing the War Light
-echos-

Oh. Oh. Oh oh!
Is it really just a War Light
I just really know
That there's nothing else but my family

I showed the world
That I can fly in the skies!

Really really cold on my own, though
I can almost just see all the angels..
Even though I would die, I don't give up
-The wire suddenly lets her fly, as she dances around.-
It's so fine on my own

I see the War Light
-echoes War Light 5 times-
I'm just seeing War Lights
-echoes-
Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh!
All I Just see is just the War Light

Are you growing up?
Just to get a peaceful day and night

Eve' zinski
Dertamineroraiuro...

-Confetti falls on the cannons one last time, as the people shout and scream.-

-The lights suddenly go off and on, as Elle is right on the platform, saying thank you, and the crowd cheers and shouts.-

-Elle says, "Thank you all for having such a good blessing. This has been a wonderful night, and I can't wait to see you all! Bye!", as she walks down the stage.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:09 am

After Manaime's performance with Elliha's “War Light” the camera would turn away from the stage for a few minutes as the stage was being made ready for the two hosts to make their entrance once again. The camera made a point to find a few Reddish flags in the audience, and for 20 seconds, there was a cadre of Reddish flags being waved after Elliha's performance. However, after a minute or two, the crowd cheer intensified as the leitmotif of the contest again played, being the entrance theme for the hosts. The camera view then cut to a close view of the stage itself, the WHF34 podium again re-appearing at the second level of the stage and with Duje and Gabrijel taking their positions.

Duje: I gotta say, thank you to Manaime and Elliha for the stunning performance! What a brilliant way to end the show.

Gabrijel: However, now that we've finished all the entries, what do we do now?

Duje: Easy, I can tell there's a barrage of questions not just coming from my co-hosts but perhaps also viewers at home as well who may have not have watched the festival. World, it's time to vote!!!

Gabrijel: Now, setting aside pretend lack of knowledge, it is indeed time to vote. We are about to open the lines very soon, and it is important voters to listen to this now, because we have voting instructions for you.

Duje: Yes, you viewers at home, now have the power to decide who will be the winner of the 34th World Hit Festival. Now, Gabrijel & I are going to describe how to vote .

Duje started off by describing the voting process in English, making sure to emphasize the fact that the lines are short and that people will be charged even after lines are closed. Gabrijel repeated the same information but in Izmeduan. Participating broadcasters have been notified by the RTI team to make sure that this same information is relayed in the various national languages.

Duje & Gabrijel: Now...

WORLD!!! START! VOTING! NOW!

Duje and Gabrijel both shouted that line in tandem as those words appeared on the screen behind them causing a brief shower of sparks to appear and a ticking time of 15 minutes to appear on the bottom of the screen, now going down from 14:59 and so on...

Gabrijel: Of course, we don't just break for 15 minutes and hope for the best. No, we do have an interval act prepared for you, a three-parter!

Duje: Expressing the three tenets of past, present, and future, this interval act was designed with the theme of the current festival in mind!

Gabrijel: As always, we will let the interval act introduce themselves...

Interval Act: Past, Present, Future
At the moment Gabrijel said that brief introduction to the interval act, the stage went dark as the hosts cleared out of the stage which caused a massive cheer to rupture through the La Cianta Arena in anticipation of the interval act, only to be quieted down after a few seconds as a spotlight shined on a woman on stage, wearing a green dress that suggested an old-style design, and a cloak covering her face. The spotlight shining down on her was a red one, as the camera view then pulled a trick on broadcast, showing the woman 'twice' on screen, a close up of her on the left, and a farther view on the right. Her face was still encased in shadow.

The woman began to reach out towards the audience, before a blinding white light overcame the arena to the point where the camera view had to fade from the stage, and timed to that flashing light was a bang and a sudden division on the screens on the woman. On the left side was an abstract pattern of burning fire, representing to the point where holograms of fire swirled around the woman's left. On her right was 'forming water' on the screen, which then began to jut out onto the screen from a trickly hologram effect, and with the woman's right hand reaching out, she prevented the water from getting any closer to her.

Part 1: Elements of the Past
Marija Jurisic – Vatra i voda
Translation: Fire and Water
Tune: Nina Kraljic - Dej mi boze

The woman with the elements surrounding her on stage would then take off the cloak surrounding her head, revealing it to be a familiar figure to Izmeduans in the audience. It was Marija Jurisic, the Izmeduan representative to the 50th WorldVision Song Contest. As she took off the cloak covering her face, she crossed her arms with both of her chest, a neutral look in her eyes as the elements of fire and water continued to swirl to her right and left, a chaos of elements that only she had control over. At this, the music to the first part of the interval act began to start, the camera fading to the swirling elements as a haunting and intricate set of cello notes played as the soundtrack to the raw elements being simulated by holograms. Then, the music began to slowly move towards its main melody, a set of harp notes causing to Marija to un-cross her arms and 'stop' the elements from moving.

It was at this moment that Marija began to sing to a headset hidden in plain sight right in front of her.

Vatra i voda će alzurseti
Oni budu la dauc životni
Vatra i voda će alzurseti
Oni budu la dauc životni

Marija's intonations of this song were slow, with her vocalizing every note with a contemplative execution as each motion of her hand was tied to a note. For the first two lines of these stanza, she would begin to 'form' the element of fire. She turned to the right and began to mold the chaos of fire into the familiar looking flames of human created fire. She arched forward and molded the holograms into objects that would 'give rise' to the element of fire, rocks, magma, wood. At the end of the second line, the fire disappeared out of sight, the part of the stage going dark.

For the second part of this stanza, Marija would turn to the right, focusing on forming the 'raw' water into the waves that represented the Izmeduan seas. Marija formed pools of water into the virtual seas that were being represented onto the stage as ghostly waves that were flowing out into the audience, 'disappearing' by the lowest level of the stage. As she finished off the stanza, she would gently lead the water towards her, her lapping and beckoning of the water being rhythmically tied to the song.

At the end of this stanza, the camera would fade to a wider view of the stage, an abstract images of waves behind her as the entire stage was bathed in a hologram of the sea, with Marija 'standing' on the water with both hands held out, swirling around her. As the cello played its notes during this instrumental interval, the waves began to swirl around her even further.

Le more daju nam nuestra naga
Nuester življenje preživjeti
Le more daju nam nuestra naga
Nuester življenje preživjeti

At the chaos of the waves, this was the stanza in which Marija calmed the virtual seas around them. Vocally, she performed each note and line with a careful precision, her tone constantly being contemplative and treating these lines with their necessary gravitas due to their sparseness. The phrasing of each line always coincided with a physical movement, allowing her to calm the holographic seas around her to one waters that represents what is most commonly seen in present day Izmedu. A sea that is calm, safe, and peaceful. At the end of the first repetition of the first two lines, Marija looked up as she held out a note, the camera taking on a bird's eye view.

Then, at the last two lines of this stanza, she would sing those lines at a lower register, having already calmed the seas. Marija would then begin to walk forward, the waters in front of her contorting to every moment, and the camera going close enough to make the effects look realistic without revealing the intricate computer effects at play. Then, with a fell swoop of her arms, Marija caused the stage to turn into total darkness with only a spotlight remaining on her.

La vatra stvara la energiju
Da mi koristimo za rođenje
La vatra stvara la energiju
Da mi koristimo za rođenje

The instrumentation enacated a key change at the third stanza of the song, as Marija then began to place both of her hands on top of one another, then separaing them to reveal that a small fire was deveoping inbetween them. The camera dynamically switched between Marija's face and the small flame that was inbetween her hands. The urgency of the song began to develop as Marija's expression was far more solemn. At the end of the second line, Marija then unleashed the fire in her hands throughout the La Cianta by holding her hands out, causing the arena to be lit in yellow light as flames engulfed the screens.

Streaks of fire, similar to a sun's prominence, began to swirl around her as she finished off this stanza. Despite the flames almost seeming uncontrollable, the camera's strategic cuts to a view of her eyes to occasional fades to her moving hands showed that she was more than capable of controlling this fundamental element. She controlled the prominences up to the end of the stanza, before making them freeze at she ceased her vocals.

At the instrumental break between this and the last stanza, Marija began to exert an ever greater control over the two elements she helped give rise to through a 'terraforming' going on beneath her, the hologram prominences suddenly being mixed with wisps of water as 'land' began to manifest beneath her. The camera focused mostly on cinematic shots of bird's eye view, with the lands being made 'in progress' as water and fire mixed together. At the end of the instrumental interlude, the camera returned back to a frontal view of her.

Nuestra čauca će voditi
De jala za treća galerija
Nuestra čauca će voditi
De jala za treća galerija

For this final stanza, Marija continued the confluence of fire and water to create a land mass beneath her on the screens, surrounded by the swirling waves that were on the screen. During this stanza, she sang with the same careful intonation, but her movements were far more intense this time around, arching her arm out to control the universe she was creating on stage. At the end of the stanza, Marija would vocalize wordlessly the very conclusion of the song, hitting otherworldly high notes as the world she was creating was nearing its completion.

The world she built was indeed at its complete state as the song then executed its abrupt end...

Fire and water will rise
They are the origins of life
Fire and water will rise
They are the origins of life

The seas give us our strength
Our lifeblood to survive
The seas give us our strength
Our lifeblood to survive

Fire creates energy
That we harness for birth
Fire creates energy
That we harness for birth

Our maiden will guide
Her people towards paradise
Our maiden will guide
Her people towards people

Before the crowd could cheer, the swirling elements on stage did not disappear, causing the crowd to be unsure as to how to proceed. Marija, with a sudden motion of both of her arms, yanked the elemental energy around her to confluence even more through crossing her arms in an 'X' formation before setting them down. The camera took a wide cinematic view of the stage, bearing witness to a genesis of a new world around her. The way that Marija moved forward almost looked as if she was just gliding across the lands, causing more growth to appear.

Then, a rumbling overcame the stage, and the elements began to freeze and darken. Time had stopped on the eternal growth of the maiden that Marija represented and she was there standing on stage, looking frightened as the world around her looked on the verge of apocalypse. Time had stood still, and all Marija could do was just stand there helplessly as the camera focused on a close view of her...

Part 2: Formation and Destruction of the Present
Marija Tanackovic – Apocalypse
Tune: Two Steps From Hell - Blackout

0:00-0:50
The introduction to the second part of the interval act was an ominous instrumental, a rumbling set of violins and a war horn heralding an impending disaster. The close view of Marija faded into one that surveyed what the 'world' on the stage looked like. The confluences of fire and water began to slowly fade around Marija as the land that she created began to turn black. The maiden's power was weakening, and the tone of the music, from the rising of the war horns to the unsettling brass that was backing the music. As the music increased in its dark intensity, Marija can be seen stepping back, a white power swirling around her at the 40 second mark. She concentrated that power around her, swirling it into a ball of energy...

0:50-1:41
At the 50 second mark, a set of drums were added as Marija unleashed the energy into the sky, falling into the ground in slow motion as the La Cianta was surrounded in a blast of white light, stopping the chaos from earlier from corroding the world she created into pure chaos. At the one minute mark, a row of dancers with beige flags began to go on to the stage, entering at the second level as there were 10 flagbearers on each side (equalling 20 in total). Each of these dancers followed a strict pattern of movement, swirling the flag around and then covering Marija (the maiden) with the fabric of the flags for almost 20 seconds. At the 1 minute and 22 second mark, the swirls of fabric around the maiden were separated as the flagbearers then began to separate into disparate groups, usually of twos, threes, and fours. At this point, the maiden had all but disappeared into darkness, with her figure no longer being able to find as the frenetic choreography of the flags all but dominated the last 18 seconds of the segment. Close camera views showed the exhaust and fear on the flagbearers' faces, the white fabric of their flags being the last remnants of the maiden's power.

1:41-2:52
The stretch of land through hologram that was standing beneath the flagbearers would still continue to grow, but without the apt guidance of the maiden, the holographic lands beneath the flagbearers was growing in flawed, crooked shapes. Virtual mountains began to grow as the flagbearers in this segment began to represent the flawed passage of time to the present moment. Some began to kneel down, draping themselves in the fabric in prayer. A group in the center performed a choreography that evoked mining and building, with modern-looking structures being erected around them and materializing via hologram at the mid-2 minute mark. Another set released the flags onto the floor, letting them be 'absorbed' into the lands as they began to further build their future around them. At the end of this segment, we had a holographic backdrop on the screen and on the stage as to what our present day modern times would look like Heavenly skyscrapers and a sleek looking skyline against a blue sky appeared on the screens...

2:52-3:42
At the final segment, the flagbearers began to fall down one by one. The ones who draped themselves on their flags began to fall down on the floor and almost 'disappear' as flames and disasters began to engulf the modern present that the Maiden's successors built. The blue skies now turned red as the once lush forest green of the holograms, eventually turned into concrete on the third segment, then turned into rubble. The set of builders who kept their flags no longer had any defence, and at the dramatic vocalization of a female vocalist at the 3 minute and 6 second mark, they huddled around each other as they began to kneel down and almost lose themselves into the rubble. At the continuing chaos of the music, only one group remained, and they too began to fall down. The buildings began to 'collapse' as the sounds of shaking were simulated on the screen. It was a true apocalypse on stage up until the last note, with the camera view on a rather wide view at the last few seconds before the stage went abso;utely dark...

The crowd remained absolutely silent at the end of the song, unsure of whether or not to cheer as the configuration of the La Cianta did not go immediately back to normal, nor were the hosts there to be able to introduce the voting... A heavy air still paraded around the arena, with the sounds of air still whoosing through the stage. Eventually, an image of a ruined city, surrounded with forest outgrowth on the sky appeared on the screens. The camera zoomed in on that image, which then morphed into a black mountain...

Part 3: Shape the Future
Mario i Martin - A Way Out
Tune: No Wyld - Let Me Know

WIP
Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC: World Hit Festival 34

Postby Britonisea » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:09 am

I have used the auditorum/arena sound setting on my computer to listen to the tunes, to make it more realistic as a commentator.

Brityunik Vefecosoin Cairkovoin

BVC ONE
The 34th World Hit Festival

Live Coverage of the 34th World Hit Festival in Vodiznad, Izmedu with your host Rigas Jengiz

"Hello and welcome to the World Hit Festival, the 34th edition of the contest, in Izmedu, and more specifically, in Vodiznad. This is the third time that the capital city will be hosting the World Hit Festival, and this is their fourth time hosting as a nation, all in a time period of around 7 editions; good going, Izmedu. We're having a nice look at "The Journey So Far" before getting on to the Opening Song... Well, this edition, a total of 20 will be participating to win the World Hit crown, and a chance to host the unique World Hit Festival. They will tell you this later on in the show, but I might as well just spare you the thought, but twenty nations is the most amount of nations participating in the contest since World Hit Festival 13. There has been a huge surge in the amount of nations who want to participate. I mean, if we look back to the mid-twenties, about ten or so editions ago, we had hit lows of eight nations participating. To see that the World Hit Festival has recovered, it is fantastic, and I can only hope for more nations to join us in the future. Of course, we did début at World Hit Festival 14, one after the contest which had over twenty participants, so this is the first time that Britonisea will be amongst so many nations. In World Hit Festival 19, 19 nations participated, and we came 16th. Now, we certainly hope that we aren't heading for that position again, because that will just infuriate BVC, and I am sure it will infuriate you lot at home. Also, I must say before we listen to the Opening Song, that it has been ten editions since I first came on to the scene and went to the World Hit Festival with "Queen." Didn't end up placing very well, but I think we got our own back. Right, let's get on with it!"

OPENING SONG

"And do you know what I like about this World Hit Festival so far?I like the fact that it's not trying to be the biggest, because bigger doesn't always mean better. I mean, we have the World Hit Festival in Euskirribakondara having an apparent capacity of 222,222 people, and then we have the Polkopians hosting the WorldVision Song Contest with an arena more than twice the amount, maybe even thrice the amount in this arena today. But yes, 25,000 people in this arena, which is around the amount that came to our own World Hit or WorldVisions - it keeps that nice cosy theme. Either way, the song was quite nice, and it was sung in Izmeduan, a language we are seeing quite a lot lately. The hosts had forgotten to add that you cannot vote until the end of the show, where you can go on the app and vote. Unfortunately, there is no telephone or SMS message voting this edition...But why is that unfortunate? At least you don't have to pay any money! The BVC seems to have received a nice influx of cash from tax, yay us! Right, I am going to be quiet and let the hosts finish of what they're saying."

GOLUTA

"So, the theme of the postcards this edition is somehow interlinking the past, present and future with music activity. I think that the Izmeduans had one obvious idea, and one not-so-obvious idea and merged them together to make whatever they have going here. But anyway, we are in the rural parts of Goluta - oh look, a sheep! Oh look at the guy on the right, that's our right. He's quite something isn't he? I know something else he can bl- hmm. Okay, let's move on. This is quite similar to the last couple of editions; they say something in their national language and then the song starts. And well, here it goes. Song Number 1, Goluta!"

"Gajuss Misste has just performed his song and I am not sure why someone would hate it, to be honest. I mean, who doesn't want a happy life? I am not sure why Izmedu put this song at the start, but I do think RTI should consider making up their own running order, if I am going to be honest. This song is quite good actually, it's a good laugh, and I can see this getting quite highly on the Britonish and Estogian scores. It's inoffensive. Anyway, next up is Norjihan. This is a random country that popped out of nowhere, let's see if they have what it takes."

NORJIHAN

"Okay, that's enough of that, it's Song Number Two from Norjihan. Hopefully they can give us something to smile about."

"Well, I am not sure whether they've got the memo or not, but we are in 2017. Nevertheless, I must admit that the chorus is very good, that's something I enjoyed. I found myself bopping to the song throughout, even if I think it is rather outdated. You can have a song that is inspired from previous decades, but is updated, or still has a good flair to it. This song doesn't really have that, it's not screaming "YES" to me. Anyway, I don't want to over-talk or anything, we have to get to the next song, which is Gim!"

GIM

"Why are they called F.A.M? Are they trying to be hip or something? Down with the nitties? I am only joking, if you're Gimian and was offended. Anyway, we are going around Gim, exploring their rather colourful music scene, and it's a scene like no other. Look those lovely buildings in such an idyllic Gimian city. To be honest, I was told to say that - Izmedu and RTI hasn't provided me any information about what city they are in. Anyway, Song Number Three, it's Gim with F.A.M!"

"It's certainly not a bad song is it? I see a lot of people in the audience that are finally waking up. This is the first song of the night with a very strong bass and compared to the other songs, the time signature is faster - we needed something like this. I know this will do very well in Britonisea, and I am sure that either Estogium or Britonisea will be giving some points their way, but I can't help but feel that this is very saccharine, no? I really like it though! Anyway, next up is Togonistan. The first Ultimaversian nation of the night, let's go!"

TOGONISTAN

"Now we are in Togonistan, and these lot are rapping, obviously owing to the nation's rap culture...Quite rampant, I'd assume. Right, I am not really getting where the future, present and past is coming in to this, but let's carry on watching. Right, we are now going to some of sort of school, and there are a lot of little children; you can cross that off of your list. Take a sip of wine! Oh look at that lovely finishing frame. Right...Now we are going to Song Number 4; Togonistan!"

"This is a very, very good song. If we go back to the 26th World Hit Festival, this reminds me of the song I sang. I think that this song is quite close to the heart, and in terms of instrumental, this is very similar to "Disappointment." I think that this is probably going to be one of the better songs of the night, but I am unsure as to how this entry will come among the other entries because there are some very, very good competition...Including the nation who is due to perform next - let's look at their postcard, shall we?"

MERCEDINI

"So, we are watching the SongSearch, which is Mercedini's national final, I believe. Looks like a very expensive stage, aye? It seems as though we are getting a nice gentle glimpse of what the song will sound like, and I have heard the song before - it's certainly something. We are now going all religious and going to a cathedral. You know what, let's just go straight to the song because I am looking forward to how this is being staged."

"Daniel Alishkaerni. Mercedini. Obviously spurred on by the win of Cosneolta last edition, and you can tell that the broadcaster is looking to win. It's not a desperate attempt, at all - it's a genuine attempt. I think that this song will garner a lot of votes this edition, and while this won't be good for other songs who this song will steal votes from...Well, it's the music industry. This song and Daniel oozes sexiness, which is always good to have in a song, I think. That song was really something, and unfortunately for us, Britonisea is next. But, I am going to keep the faith I have in BVC because they have pulled out all the stocks this edition. We have Etela Tomac representing us...!"

BRITONISEA

"Well, this postcard is literally the same as Mercedini's. We are both at a stage. Shake my head. But, as you can see, it seems as though Etela Tomac is trying to see how to work the old computer. Both of the computers are playing our World Hit Festival song, and she looks just a tad frustrated. But don't worry, she'll come over it. I really hope the performance goes well for Etela, but I am sure that wherever she places, she will do very well in the contest. BVC, like RTI would have, provided Etela will all she needed to do well, and after that poor result last edition, Britonisea are looking to do much better."

"It is a nice, sweet ballad. I think it will do well, and I certainly hope that it does do well. We know that Etela came second when she represented Izmedu, and while the luck of Izmedu is no longer with her, on this occasion, I'm sure the entry will do well. I am hoping for a top ten finish, and that would be fantastic for Britonisea to get back in to the game. After taking quite a lengthy break after World Hit Festival 30, we haven't really found our mojo back, have we? Well, well done to Etela Tomac but coming up is Normandy and Picardy."

NORMANDY AND PICARDY

"Yes, this is the country that hosted the World Hit Festival last edition. That edition was quite a weird one in terms of results, wasn't it? I think that was a bit odd, but nevertheless, I thought our country did great in Avranches...Anyway, we are in Normandy and Picardy for this postcard, and some people are...just playing the violin. I am not too sure why that's that interesting, but it's their postcard... Oh look, what a lovely grand building with a bit of French over it. It's song number seven, Normandy and Picardy!"

"Wow, he was giving it a bit of welly during the last chorus, wasn't he? I thought he was about to eat the microphone. I thought that was a bit over the top, but this didn't dampen the rest of the rest of the performance. I am not sure where this is going to place at the end of the competition, but I hope that it will be on the left handside of the scoreboard because it's a nice piece. I mean, it's inoffensive, and a nice bop. His voice is sweet. What I didn't get was whether he felt alive or dead. Like, which one is it mate? Make your mind up! Anyway, next up on the stage is some nation called Todaskakys, let's have a look at their postcard.

TODASKAKYS

"That person is from Todlichebujoku. In fact, let me read you what they posted in their page about the entry...'Todaskakys, short for Tödlichebujoku-Daskoxyan Kavysyan Kystareyu (the latter words meaning "national alliance" and "new government project"), is a joint project from the Tödlichebujoki and Daskoxyani governments to promote the interchange of culture, trade, and knowledge between the two universe-hopping nations. Despite the massive technological gap between the two nations, both governments felt that there was a mutual benefit in this exchange, and the creation of Todaskakys and its involvement in the World Hit Festival was one way in which Daskoxyan could enter into the cultural sphere of Tödlichebujoku, and have its own artists join with Tödlichebujoku's on the international stage.' Before we go to the song, I'd like to say that the picture of space is fake...RTI's budget didn't stretch that far. Song eight, Todaskakys"

"Raise your hand at home who enjoyed the first verse and the chorus, and then it got ruined! Well, I thought that at the end of the chorus, that EDM-esque thing totally put me off the whole song. I didn't like it one bit. After time, my head started to hurt, and there was a thudding sensation at the back of my head, and I'm not sure whether that's normal or not. The lyrics are good, I couldn't even understand what they were singing, and the staging...well it's staging. The ending sounded like I just turned off a vacuum cleaner. Anyway, next up is last edition's winners, Cosneolta."

COSNEOLTA

"For the second time in a row, we are in a country that didn't win the contest the previous edition. What is this? WorldVision? I know that the country is small and all, but they had a lot of support, from Mercedini. Either way, they're here hoping to win again, and give the hosting rights to the nation who comes second. Apparently, Cosneolta's next victim is Normand - from Normandy and Picardy if you didn't get that. And before you ask, no, I don't know who the Picards are. Oh look, we're at a lighthouse... Song number nine, it's Cosneolta!"

"I liked that beginning section, the introduction to the song. I also quite liked the song throughout, actually. Hautes, I think her name is, is okay. I mean, other than the somewhat cliché lyrics, this song has the potential to be on the left handside of the scoreboard. I do think that the staging for this song is quite unimaginative and cheap, but I guess they wanted to go for the cheap option. It is quite a good song, and I am happy that it's here to be honest. Yeah. I don't know what else to say, I'm just babbling. Let's move on to Song Number 10...and the audience is getting rowdy!"

IZMEDU

"Currently, we are in Vodiznad, and we are just looking around at the sights. Representing Izmedu this time around is Josipa, and apparently, she is one of the most talked about Izmeduans, but evidentially not if I've never heard of her. Apparently, her songs inspired Etela Tomac to write her song, and I am so looking forward to watching this performance. Oh look, a big tower. The thing is, did RTI realise that the link of that picture they got on Google Images is still on their postcard? Hashtag embarrassing. It's Song number ten, Izmedu!"

"Well that was her swan song, she is never returning...This is it. Well, that may be a shame for her. The song is okay, but it's not amazing, I'm not going to lie. If I compare this to Etela Tomac's song, I think that we win this tiebreak, don't you think? I mean, I can have my opinions. Don't get me wrong, the song is sweet, and I like listening to the Izmeduan language, but I am not sure whether this was the right direction for Izmedu. Compared to the songs that we had just listened to, it might work. To be honest, it seemed like she was singing just because she had to sing...I mean, she looked passionate and all...but...Well it's song number 11 next. And guess what? There isn't even a break!

TODLICHEBUJOKU

"You are probably thinking, 'I know that face...!' Well you do know that face thanks to One Chance Part 1 and 2. I am not sure how well the One Chances did, but they had more than one chance to win, and on both occasions they didn't. We are currently at some large-ass music festival in Todlichebujoku. I am actually looking forward to receiving tweets about the performance, and do remember to send in those tweets. We are at yet another lighthouse...And with that, ma tarina on to you, and here is Song 11, Todlchebujoku!"

"I think that this song is actually alright. It's quite majestic and mystical, and I love things that are majestic and mystical. I am telling you, I do. And his voice is very nice, I must admit. The girl's voice is a bit meh, to be honest. Erás tappio, tokystare...I don't even know what these words means, but I am going to sing it anyway. I think that this song might not do well, because I am thinking about the wider audience, and I'm not sure who it will attract. Will it even attract the Britonish audience? I don't know...Anyway, it's Darkmania next, and recently they have been receiving a spike in their final placings; suddenly doing well. Would they be able to maintain it?"

DARKMANIA

"I have no idea what's going on here, I am going to be honest with you. So, like you, I am none the wiser. Oh, it looks like we are looking at random people from Dark- oh yep, we are definitely just looking at random people from Darkmania. Okay, this is not that interesting. Oh look at this woman looking in to the camera as though she hates us; that's not a good impression of Darkmanian people, is it? Anyway, let's just get on with it, it's Song Number 12, Darkmania!"

"You know what, this song isn't bad. It's nice to listen to before you put yourself to sleep, you know? What I am trying to say is... in this international competition where ther- it's boring. I am sorry, but it literally put me in another land, and while that might be considered a good thing, for this it isn't. I felt as though I was put in a bed, and the AC in this room doesn't help. My head is literally on the desk right now, I suddenly feel tired and done with life. And come on, what's the point of singing when you're only gonna sing a line or two? Oh please. I am not sure how high Darkmania will place...Next up is Polkopia."

POLKOPIA

"Yeah, Polkopia has won WorldVision a lot of times, and are hoping to do the same in the World Hit Festival, but so far, they've been unsuccessful. I am not sure why, the same pool of nations are participating in the- anyway. Let's have a look at this postcard, should we? We are now looking at a random painting, of some sort, of, I guess, Polkopia in the olden times. It's quite well drawn, isn't it? Anyway, Polkopia is on now, it's Song Number 13."

"Well, that was quite boring, in my opinion. I would be very surprised in Polkopia won World Hit Festival 34, and I am not sure about you at home, but I find this song very monotonous. It's just something about it. Darkmania's song was boring, but it didn't make me yawn. This song makes me yawn. I think I praise Polkopia all the time for their staging and stuff, but focusing on the song, I think this is probably the song I like the least, so far! I can see it appealing elsewhere, though. Even of that, we are now going to Estogium, our neighbours! Song 14, Estogium!"

ESTOGIUM

"We are in a recording studio of some sort, I believe, oh look - there is Shyna Kumbes! Estogium has been represented by Shyna before in the WorldVision Song Contest, 47th edition, I think. 48th is when they came 2nd place, so it must be 47th. I think Shyna Kumbes will be great things to Estogium, and they are in need of good things in the World Hit Festival. We are now looking at a locket, or something, and now we are going in to the arena! Let's listen to Shyna Kumbes performing her song! Good luck, girl!"

"I am loving that bit of Britonish in the song, I can definitely confirm that this song has cheered me up a lot more after Polkopia's song. The afro-sounding instrumental, which was present in her song back in WorldVision, is present here and oh my lord, it totally works here as well. I would be surprised if Estogium isn't breaking in to that top ten, to be honest. You know what I also really liked? I loved the guys dancing, I loved it all! Right, that was really good, but we are now moving on to Song 15, Fromulya..."

FROMULYA

"This nation received last place, with no points, a couple of editions ago, but they are back and ready to rock the house! Umi is here, and these bunch of people are playing an instrument called The Gamelan. I though Gamelan was a genre of music, oh well. Oh it's the song being played by the Gamelan, how cool is that? Not really... well, OH, what animal is that? It's like a bull, cow, rhino or something! It's Song 15, Fromulya!"

"I liked the start of the song, if that's anything? I enjoyed it... And then it kinda got boring after that. I don't think they will be improving from their last place position, but I don't know. I think that the song is quite boring, don't you think? Should we just move on because I don't really have more to say about this song. Next up is Balkvla Islands, let's see what they have in store!"

BALKVLA ISLANDS

"We are now at some sort of EDM Festival that is happening in Balkvla Islands. They have EDM? They surely don't come across like they like that sort of music when the send the Garli- Gaeg- That girl group to WorldVision all the time - well in their defence it was only twice. Hmm, look at the DJ - now you see him, now you don't! Show your face, my brother, there is nothing to hide. Now we are in the rainforest. You know what, this rainforest looks like the rainforest in The Life of Pi! Oh my lord! Anyway, Song Number 16, it's Balkvla Islands!"

"It's called 'Juice Surge' and I just don't get it. The man's voice is so boring, it's almost as if he doesn't want to be on the stage. Like, it's not as if we'd be missing out on anything if you didn't perform, mate. This song is so harmless; it's just a bit of fun, but I think that it's a bit too slow for me. Is this EDM to them? If it is, I am shook for them. Inoffensive song; I think that it won't struggle to not come last, but I think it will struggle to come in the top 5. Next up is Kalosia! Let's see if they can give us something juicy."

KALOSIA

"An orchestra, how classy. Kalosia are the classy ones of the World Hit Festival, you know? I quite enjoy the nation in the World Hit Festival, and of course, this is the place of my win. So I am rooting for Kalosia to do well in this contest, however, I am not too keen about this song, so I would like to listen to this song being performed tonight, and make my final verdict on my thoughts...Anyway, Kalosia is Song Number 17..."

"Okay, I have decided that this is too sweet for me. I am not a fan of saccharine music, and prefer the soul type. I like the language, and I liked the staging; the stars and stuff. But I think the song is very weak, almost flimsy - to describe it in the nicest way possible. I feel as though it's not ready for the World Hit Festival, maybe a national final, but not a World Hit Festival; but Kalosia is in to this type of music, I guess. Let's just move on to the next nation. Kalosia was better than Balkvla Islands, I guess. Next up is Hesskin Empire.

HESSKIN EMPIRE

"Well this is a debuting nation to the contest, Hesskin Empire. To be honest, I am enjoying the next influx of nations that are coming in to the World Hit Festival, I am loving it. This song, well, is very different to the rest of the songs, but I am sure you might like it. We are at some gothic building in the Hesskin Empire; after all it is an Empire. It's quite gothic. Leetet Jehfee, that sounds like Old Britonish lol, anyway, let's head on over to the Arena! It's Song Number 18, it is Hesskin Empire!**

"Listen to those lyrics. Those lyrics have some sort of meaning, borderline political if you ask me. In terms of an entry, the staging was quite boring, nothing go on. I also don't like it when they scream in to the microphone. We can here you, mate, you don't need to screech your voice box down the mic. Come on. But unlike other rock songs, I am listening to this song and I can actually hear the melody, and the melody is quite nice. I absolutely love the chorus, but the rest of the song is just okay. The lack of staging doesn't win me over, unfortunately. Shame, really. Anyway, next up is Bojikstan, a nation I was dying to announce."

BOJIKSTAN

"So, this is where we are at, right now. We are in Bojikstan, at a music festival. Oh my lord, all these postcards are taking place at a music festival. Nine Twenty Two, aka 09:22... or 21:22... Hmm, I actually don't know whether Nine Twenty Two is in AM or PM. Oh my lord, perhaps it's a year! 1922! Oh, I don't even know. They will be performing for Bojikstan, and they are the ones performing on the stage. Oh, I have just received confirmation that Nine Twenty Two is a date. The ninth day of the 22nd month. Oh, I don't get this...it's Bojikstan performing 19th!"

"I love it. I am not sure how it will do against the other rock song literally before this. But, I think that this song is awesome. The best part of the song, for me, is the start of the song, because it's so innocent and beautiful. Actually, I think, a little tear showed up on my face. I love their lyrics too. Why do all these rock songs have good lyrics in them, oh god! Images of the Bojikstan Civil War as well, hmm, provocative staging. This woke me up, didn't it, guys? I really enjoyed this entry, one of the best so far. Right, our final nation is next... it is Manaime."

MANAIME

"Right, performing in last place is Manaime. We are not really doing much in Manaime, to be honest. Just looking around. Interestingly, you don't call someone from Manaime, Manaimian, oh no. You call them Reddish! I don't get it, don't ask me. We are at some sort of castle now, with some nice lawn by the back. Hm, quite pretty. Anyway, it's Song Number 20!"

"Right, thanks for that performance. I preferred Gim, but this was quite nice also. I mean, nothing really happened on the stage, which isn't nice, but I don't really mind. This song, I think, is being performed at the WorldVision Song Contest, so I am interested to see how the song will do in that contest, and in this one. I am totally looking forward to it. Good song, Manaime! Anyway, we are now done!

"The votes are opened! You know what to do if you want to vote! Go online on the BVC website, or you could use the app! Unfortunately there is no call nor text option for this edition, but why is it unfortunate when you get to vote for free? Stop complaining and watch the recap, will you?!"
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:00 pm

At the interval act's completion, Mario and Martin walked out of the stage to an immense crowd cheer, with the pent up energy finally being released after the long interval transpired. The camera faded to shots of the crowd waving their flags, with the producers behind the scenes lingering onto this shot for a few minute as the male duo that played as tonight's hosts needed a bit to prepare for the home stretch of the 34th World Hit Festival. Only a few minutes left before the voting would end, and it wouldn't be long after that until Gabrijel & Duje would have the responsibility of revealing the votes to the world as to who the winner of the World Hit Festival would be. After a minute transpired, the camera cut to an abrupt view of Gabrijel & Duje standing together on the second level of the stage, the podium set up for them.

Duje: We're back!!! That was our other male duo of the night, Mario & Martin, finishing off that interval act with “A Way Out,” and what a way to go for these two! Intense, wasn't it?

Gabrijel: I can't wait for repeat viewings online, Duje, but I can say a lot of the same for the performances tonight.

Duje: Alright, enough waffling around. It won't be long until voting ends, but it wouldn't be fair just to leave you without a recap, would we?

Gabrijel: We're gonna the play the 20 songs once again, in their shortened forms of course, in their last bid to prove to why they should win the 34th World Hit Festival. Alright, take it away!

The emblem of the 34th World Hit Festival appeared on the screen before making way for a 15 second recap of Goluta's song. Each recap would highlight a significant part of a song, either a glory note, a compelling part of the stage performance, or an impactful lyric that was delivered well on stage. The recap would last for almost 4 minutes, then the emblem appeared once again, revealing a smiling Gabrijel & Duje.

Duje: You know it's coming. Audience, it's almost time.

Gabrijel: 60 seconds left!

As per Izmeduan procedure, a big '60' appeared on the screen behind the hosts. Producers were indeed internally wondering how this bit was still in, but the hosts were definitely willing to play ball with the script created from past Izmeduan hostings. The clock ticked down dramatically, a 'bang' after each tick that resonated with holograms of light and dust seeping onto the stage.

Duje: Who do you like the most? Who do you want to see win the contest?

Gabrijel: If you wanna see them win, vote now! Not much time, it's almost 10.

Duje: Time to lead the countdown, are you ready, Gabrijel?

Gabrijel: As I'll ever be.

The two hosts then led the crowd through a countdown of the last 10 seconds, the numbers on the screen altered with dramatic effects. The larger number of people gave a far different atmosphere to the proceedings in this, with the shouts of 25,000 odd people to the numbers ticking down in the screen causing the hosts to almost step back. Whatever they felt, they didn't show it. As the clock struck 0, they shouted...

WORLD!!! STOP! VOTING! NOW!!!

Confetti streamed through the stage at the close of the voting. The Izmeduan producers looked at each other with a smile, with their responsibility now parsing through the results to determine who was the winner. As soon as they saw who the winner was and what the results looked like, they grinned, and one of them spoke to the hosts through ear piece after 2 minutes transpired. The results were ready to be presented.

Gabrijel: Holy... Calm down! Wow! I now know why Izmeduan TV personalities jump at the chance to host this thing. This is amazing!!!

Duje: Alright Gabrijel! Before you become one with the crowd, I just got a message from producers backstage... Gabrijel, it's time, we're ready to roll the voting out.

Gabrijel: Incredible! Alright, do you wanna do the honors with a certain general-director to certify the results?

Duje: Of course, Izmedu can't host these things without consulting her. Alright, time to phone in. Dora Vidakovic, you there?

A camera feed was then activated in the producer's room, showing the General-Director of RTI and as well as the person chosen to singularly represent the overseeing arm of the World Hit Festival, Dora Vidakovic, wearing headphones displaying the current contest logo and the original logo of the World Hit Festival. She looked far more amiable and camera friendly than past Izmeduan hosted contests, and looked at the two men with a smile.

Dora: Hyperactive much, you two? Well, I can confirm to you that there is indeed a valid result and certified result at hand. We indeed have a winner. Now, it is up to you to find out who that winner is. Gabrijel and Duje, I leave it up to you to start our quest to find the winner. Take it away!

The camera cut back to the main stage, with Gabrijel and Duje looking slightly overwhelmed.

Gabrijel: Alright Duje, you ready?

Duje: No turning back now, let's start the voting!

With a dramatic lighting effect and a brief wide view of the stage, it was time for the voting to start. Of course, not without some explanations.

Gabrijel: For most of you, this voting procedure will feel familiar. The basic way we present the votes is thus. Your nations, either through televote or international jury, have ranked a top 5. The favorite of that bunch will have gotten 5 points, the second getting 4th, all the way down to the fifth favorite getting 1. That means, nations that came 6th through 20th in your nation's rankings receive no votes.

Duje: Every nation has ranked a top 5, and with the 5 to 1 voting system, each nation has 15 points in total to give. Thus, we have 300 points to present to you tonight.

Gabrijel: We don't just present them all at once straight through. In the olden days, we used to! But, we present these votes in two phases. If you watched the Vodiznad-hosted World Hit Festivals in 29 and 30, this will be familiar to you!

Duje: Phase 1 of the voting will start by focusing on the lower votes, the 1 through 4! We will go through each nation and we'll reveal the votes from there, no spokesperson needed. This phase will go by pretty fast and it is where 66% of the vote, or 200 out of the 300 votes, will be revealed. However, don't be alarmed by the large points values. You got Phase 2 around the corner. Gabrijel, your turn!

Gabrijel: Phase 2 of the voting will focus on what Phase 1 didn't cover, the maximum and coveted 5 points. Statistically, this is 33% of the vote, the last 100. It may be smaller than Phase 1, but as past Phase 2 results have shown, things can and will change dramatically at the flip of one set of 5 points. These can create some hefty changes, so don't get complacent.

Duje: Phew! A lot of info, but you'll see it in action very soon, now, the scoreboard!

The crowd cheered at the advent of the scoreboard appearing, it was well and truly time for the voting to begin. It was at this point that Gabrijel stepped back. Only one host at a time would be presiding over each phase.

Duje: Alright folks, it's time for Phase 1.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Duje: Alright producers, can I get Estogium's Phase I votes on the screen?

This caused the crowd in the La Cianta to go wild, especially the Izmeduan contingent. One vote in and two of their own were on the board, but there were also cheers to be had for these first set of points to be revealed. However, it was only 10 out of 200 points just for this phase alone.

Duje: Whoa! Ok, calm down. Quite the set of votes, but we're not anywhere near revealing the winner yet! Alright, Togonistan's Phase I vote is next.

4 points: Britonisea
3 points: Izmedu
2 points: Gim
1 point: Todlichebujoku

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Duje: Alright, can we get Togonistan's Phase I vote on the screen?

With Togonistan's Phase I votes now displayed, there was no obvious landslides in the two votes that were presented. There was definitely a wide array of votes on display. Would there soon be a runaway?

Duje: Now this is getting interesting! We still have plenty of votes left to go over. Up next is Todlichebujoku.

4 points: Todaskakys
3 points: Goluta
2 points: Mercedini
1 point: Manaime

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Duje: Alright, can we have Todlichebujoku's Phase I vote on the screen?

The 4 points to the host was giving an immense amount of hope to the Izmeduan contingent, with the home audience and the delegation feeling hopeful at the initial phase of the Todlichebujoki vote. However, some were keenly aware that this could well be a part of RTI's tricks. It was still quite close at the scoreboard.

Duje: Don't get excited yet! We're not even a quarter of the way through this phase yet. Up next is Polkopia.

4 points: Izmedu
3 points: Normandy and Picardy
2 points: Gim
1 point: Todaskakys

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Duje: Alright, can we have Polkopia's Phase I vote on the screen?

The larger number of nations were causing many to wonder how the nature of the vote would go. At the early stages, it's already looking like it'd be a close fought one. There was a tie at the top and half of the available nations received at least one point. The Gimian delegation had reason to be hopeful at these, though Izmedu, Normandy and Picardy, and Todaskakys weren't far behind.

Duje: I can feel the tension already! Alright, we got Cosneolta up in store for you next.

4 points: Gim
3 points: Normandy and Picardy
2 points: Kalosia
1 point: Izmedu

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Duje: Phew! Quarter of the way through but we are definitely not close to being over. Can we have Cosneolta's Phase 1 vote on the screen?

The Cosneoltan vote saw more nations get on the scoreboard, with Gim taking a slight one point lead in the proceedings. With so many of the vote still yet to be revealed, speculation was kept at a minimum amongst the crowd. However, with the amount of points still on offer, many had reason to hope still.

Duje: Still got 15 nations left before this phase is complete. Alright, Darkmania's next!

4 points: Estogium
3 points: Togonistan
2 points: Manaime
1 point: Gim
Last edited by Izmedu on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates