NATION

PASSWORD

The Republic of Gilead Q&A and Embassy Department

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Republic of Gilead Q&A and Embassy Department

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:33 am

Hello.
Here you can ask me questions about The Republic of Gilead, and I will answer them. Please do not ask a question that is in the FAQ, but you may ask for clarification on a point in it. Insulting or stupid questions might not be answered.
-Merle Warren, Foreign Affairs

Visit Greater Gilead

EMBASSY DEPARTMENT:
The Republic of Gilead opens its doors to any nation who wishes to establish an embassy with our nation. All nations who wish to establish an embassy must fill out the applications below and wait for approval. Nations that are approved will be given an embassy within the capital city of Cambridge. Embassies will not be subject to Gileadean Law, and the staff within said Embassy will be permitted to partake in any religious or cultural customs, without interference from Gileadean Law, within the confines of said embassy only. We also ask that any criminal attempting to gain asylum in said embassy be handed over to the Eyes immediately.

To apply for an embassy, please fill out this form:
Code: Select all
National Information
Full Name of Nation:
Government Type:
Short Name of Nation:
Capital:
Demonym:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Minister of Foreign Affairs or Equivalent:
Main National Ideology:
Economic System:

Ambassadorial Information
Ambassador's Name:
Does Your ambassador need any types of medication:
Does your ambassador have any health conditions that we should be aware of:

Staff and Equipment Information
Number of Diplomatic Staff:
Number of Security Staff:
Number of Service Staff:
Will you be hiring locally?
Number and Type of Weapons:
Number and Type of Vehicles:
What Government Departments/Organizations will have an office in the embassy? (i.e. Trade Department, FBI, CIA):
Please declare any drugs, alcohol, animals or plants you are bringing into the country:

Miscellaneous
Do you have any special requests?:
Would you like to establish trade with us?:
Would you like us to establish embassies with your nation?:
Is there any other information we should know?

Fill out and submit below!
Commander Brent
Last edited by Greater Gilead on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Before jumping to conclusions, look at my FAQ fact book. FAQ here:FAQ Ask Questions Here
Proudly violating WA resolutions since May 25, 2017! Visit The Republic of Gilead!
( -_- ) My nation does support my political views...deal with it.
"Under His Eye" is a blessing. It's asking God to keep them under His eye.
Deropia wrote:Jason can't help but laugh as the scotch bottle, followed soon after by the pie, fly through the air of the chamber. "Ah, this place may be a mad-house...but its the best damn posting I've ever had...".

The Bible Baptist Republic wrote:Ambassador Conklin reads the proposal, blinks twice, and mutters "There ain't enough whiskey to deal with this crap."

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 am

Hello
We have been receiving questions asking what certain Gileadean terms mean. We have published a glossary. Glossary of Gileadean Terms
Also, you can go ahead and ask questions, Commander Warren does not bite.
- Commander Phelps

(OOC: This glossary is compiled from a number of different glossaries off the internet, I did not write it. Also, if you are offended, or angry, about anything in this glossary, I do NOT apologize. This is canon, and it happens in my nation. If you wish to discuss any of these points, please do civilly. I am aware number 16 will make some people angry, but it is canon, and it happens in my nation.)
Last edited by Greater Gilead on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Before jumping to conclusions, look at my FAQ fact book. FAQ here:FAQ Ask Questions Here
Proudly violating WA resolutions since May 25, 2017! Visit The Republic of Gilead!
Deropia wrote:Jason can't help but laugh as the scotch bottle, followed soon after by the pie, fly through the air of the chamber. "Ah, this place may be a mad-house...but its the best damn posting I've ever had...".

The Bible Baptist Republic wrote:Ambassador Conklin reads the proposal, blinks twice, and mutters "There ain't enough whiskey to deal with this crap."

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:21 am

Do you believe in people who are able to use gods for their own means.

-anon
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Margonda
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Margonda » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:25 am

What your national ideology ?

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 am

Margonda wrote:What your national ideology ?

Fundamental Christianity

Higher Japan wrote:Do you believe in people who are able to use gods for their own means.

-anon

No, seeing as gods is not capitalized, so I take it you are talking about false gods. - Merle Warren

Infernia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Infernia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 am

What dœs Warren believe is the biggest threat to national/international stability?
Last edited by Infernia on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
The United Principalities of Infernia
Overview | The President | Embassy Programme | I’m A Proud Bisexual

"We Are What We Are"

Advocatus Diaboli: Entire Nation Rejoices In The Commencement Of Pride Month  Man Who Lost Arm By Plunging It Into Lava Complacently Refuses To Describe What Lava Feels Like  The Weather: Bright

Qashistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Qashistan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:26 am

Does your nation idolize fertility as a religion?

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Infernia wrote:What dœs Warren believe is the biggest threat to national/international stability?

Wicked, corrupt nations, most certainly.
Qashistan wrote:Does your nation idolize fertility as a religion?

No, it is, however, an important factor in our Gileadean lifestyle.
- Merle Warren

Teienshi
Secretary

Founded: May 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Teienshi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:50 pm

How are LGBT people and ethnic minorities dealt with?
We do not use NS Stats, policies, or otherwise. Plesse only judge us by what is in our factbooks.

A maritime city-state and former British colony located in the Sea of Japan. Notable features include a unique Anglo-Japanese culture, a powerhouse economy driven by banking, tourism and trade, strict laws concerning cleanliness and car ownership, and Swiss-style direct democracy.

Same person as The-Chinese-Federation, though keep in mind they take place in separate continuities.

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Teienshi wrote:How are LGBT people and ethnic minorities dealt with?

For LGBT, if they are fertile women, they are "redeemed", the meaning of which you can see the glossary for, all others are hanged. Ethnic minorities? The color of the skin is not important, its what's inside that counts. (OOC: Hulu series is canon, not book, that's why we are not racist.)
- Merle Warren

Havenburghe
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburghe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Why dont you rp in my region?
And
What is your placement on the political scale?

Proud Citizen of Institute of Cellulose
I do not use NS stats. And this nation does not represent my RL views.
We live scars,
White Knuckles,
And no regrets.

Broken bones and bodies
We refuse to quit

With Graveyard Shifts
We never miss

Hard work, perseverance, dedication
Things we will never forget

Fearless and Peerless
Unstoppable, Undefeated, Unbroken

Victory never takes a Vacation
We take action, and pride in the Unspoken

Havenburghe.

#SheWarnedUs

Kannadrickenium
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannadrickenium » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 pm

In the Republic of Gilead are films, songs, and books featuring Anna Kendrick still allowed?

Qashistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Qashistan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:29 pm

How does the government of Gilead function?

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Kannadrickenium wrote:In the Republic of Gilead are films, songs, and books featuring Anna Kendrick still allowed?

No.
Havenburghe wrote:Why dont you rp in my region?
And
What is your placement on the political scale?

(Ooc: I am in a good region.) I'm not entirely sure what scale you mean. If right vs left, ultra right.
Qashistan wrote:How does the government of Gilead function?

It is a Board of Commanders of the Faithful, basically a board of dictators.

Under His Eye
- Merle Warren
Last edited by Greater Gilead on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:36 pm

"How would your nation react to ghosts, vampires and other supposedly 'unholy' creatures found in my nation? Keep in mind that many of them follow Christianity."
- President Wyatt Wizzard II
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

UIJ
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Libertarian Police State

Postby UIJ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm

How do you view monster energy drinks?
I heard from some crazy lady it's a way for Satan to get into your mind. And you guys are pretty craaazzzzy.
I am tired of summies :alas:
Pro: you reading my lore and getting kinda sad, maybe a lil glum, then seeing the Hooshers and getting a lil happy, ☣️☢️☣️

Anti: anyone under the age of 20, summies, generic boring nations, super tryhard edgelord nations, NSG, NSGers (all of them)

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:"How would your nation react to ghosts, vampires and other supposedly 'unholy' creatures found in my nation? Keep in mind that many of them follow Christianity."

We do not believe in such old wives fables. (1 Timothy 4:7)
UIJ wrote:How do you view monster energy drinks?
I heard from some crazy lady it's a way for Satan to get into your mind. And you guys are pretty craaazzzzy.

They are banned, not for that reason, but that they are actually usually bad for you, and also consumer drugs of any kind are banned. (OOC: Thanks for being so nice as to say I'm crazy. It's nice compared to the s*** I've been getting for number 16 in the Glossary.)
Under His Eye
- Merle Warren

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Greater Gilead wrote:
Arctica-Aleutia wrote:"How would your nation react to ghosts, vampires and other supposedly 'unholy' creatures found in my nation? Keep in mind that many of them follow Christianity."

"I am aware that such things don't exist in your country, I was asking how the average citizen would react if they visited Arctica-Aleutia and saw them."
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:
Greater Gilead wrote:We do not believe in such old wives fables. (1 Timothy 4:7)

"I am aware that such things don't exist in your country, I was asking how the average citizen would react if they visited Arctica-Aleutia and saw them."

OOC: ok, a fourth wall breach would be required for that, because Gilead is set in the real world.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Would you believe it if we said that we had the ability to fully annihilate you.

-anon
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Greater Gilead wrote:
Arctica-Aleutia wrote:"I am aware that such things don't exist in your country, I was asking how the average citizen would react if they visited Arctica-Aleutia and saw them."

OOC: ok, a fourth wall breach would be required for that, because Gilead is set in the real world.

OOC: That's why my nation has portal technology that allows it to reach different universes. It lets me interact with more nations and makes a bit more sense than me saying it's 'magic' or giving no explanation at all.
You can ignore the question if you really want to, I guess I was just curious how your leader would react to such things. Sorry.
Last edited by Arctica-Aleutia on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
~Pray for John McCain~

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Higher Japan wrote:Would you believe it if we said that we had the ability to fully annihilate you.

-anon

You probably do. But, trying to destroy even Gilead unprovoked would get a lot of other nations against you.
Under His Eye
Merle Warren

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Would you consider Belantica the opposite of Gilead?

-anon
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Belantica wrote:Would you consider Belantica the opposite of Gilead?

-anon

Yes, it appears so.

UIJ
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Libertarian Police State

Postby UIJ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Greater Gilead wrote:

UIJ wrote:How do you view monster energy drinks?

They are banned, not for that reason, but that they are actually usually bad for you, and also consumer drugs of any kind are banned. (OOC: Thanks for being so nice as to say I'm crazy. It's nice compared to the s*** I've been getting for number 16 in the Glossary.)
Under His Eye
- Merle Warren

(Well I'm not calling you crazy, but okay.)
I am tired of summies :alas:
Pro: you reading my lore and getting kinda sad, maybe a lil glum, then seeing the Hooshers and getting a lil happy, ☣️☢️☣️

Anti: anyone under the age of 20, summies, generic boring nations, super tryhard edgelord nations, NSG, NSGers (all of them)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information