NATION

PASSWORD

Iron Alliance International Summit [Open] [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Ambassador-Scribe Ranthcisis rolled his eyes at Turnabout's little stunt. "Real leaders speak directly to their adversaries. Mongrel. It's apparent that you are not one. Now, please regale us further on your nasty divorce." The Ambassador-Scribe finished with utmost sarcasm. Artulo then turned to the being known as Whithammer: "Quiet beast." He said with a scowl.
The Ambassador-Scribe addressed O-1, whom had at least some semblance of civilized nature, or so Artulo thought. "See, the Iron Alliance and all of its member-states exist because Her Radiant and Objective Majesty allowed such a thing. Now it simply must end because She demands it. It is only the Will of the Gods. All the uncivilized wretches existing on this Earth need to be civilized. They need to be cultured. They need to abide by the laws of the Gods. It's simple, really. We Guadalupadorians can show you, and all your subjects the correct way to speak, as well as to live. We don't initially come to harm. We, of course offer a peaceful option. But as many former cultures and peoples have found out, the Gods do not take heed of heresy and uncivilized practices." Artulo clasped his hands together and offered: "Now, who would like to be civilized?"
He looked back at Turnabout and their Slave/Priest. "By the Gods, the propaganda writes itself. There's no need for us to prove why this alliance needs to be disbanded beyond just showing the entire world how such heretics live."
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Palenquan Union
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Palenquan Union » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Palace of the Great Instigator
Palenqua
Palenquan Union

"You have summoned me, Great Instigator?" spoke the standing figure. Across the dimly lit room sat another man, clad in a rather ridiculous costume, consisting of a chasuble worn over a full suit. If this was one thousand years ago, that man would be wearing feathers on his head and probably be half-naked as well. "Indeed, mister Sorghum-Iron." replied that man in a deeper-pitched voice. "And for what purpose, for the Moon's almighty rump sits high in the sky as she looks down at us mortals, who are indeed supposed to be asleep, recuperating from a day of hard labor?" Giving a more easily understandable translation of these verbose words, Sorghum-Iron rubbed his eyes and yawned as he dropped his last word from his tongue. The sitting man simply let out a villainous laugh that sounded quite unfitting with the environment. "You may have many nights to sleep through, but times to enlighten and open your mind, you will only encounter a few times in your whole life."

"You have stated your disbelief in the existence of the kisiin before, yes?" said the Great-Instigator after a pause. Sorghum-Iron replied, "Well, back when we were in the Naval Infantry corps, you stated that soldiers should voice their real reasons as to why they may object or disagree and not fear dislodgement from their positions or becoming disfavoured, so in accordance to your teachings, as I have always obeyed and followed your directives in the unit, I shall confess honestly, truthfully my reasons." He paused to rub off sweat on his neck and face with his hand. Strange, this room had air conditioning, yet it felt like it was beginning to grill.

"I believe that the existence of these so-called devils is ludicrous. Our strategic astronomers have not observed any trace of a civilization amongst the stars yet, let alone one that would wish to wipe us out. As for that dimension-traversing project, I simply reject it based on scientific evidence, but I shall not spit out an essay on that matter. Their existence can not be proven. Secondly, the very premise for their supposed evil is also quite laughable, no offense, it is illogical and absurd to believe they would be behaving in such a way for such petty reasons." Sorghum-Iron felt that his throat had become rather dry after that paragraph. He didn't drink much water lately, only when his lips had suffered from a drought did he reach for the glass. Not that he spoke much recently besides utterances during the boring, repetitive bureaucratic work he was put through.

"Note taken." the Great Instigator uttered. Sorghum-Iron swept across the front of his nose and the area under it with his hand, collecting many millilitres of sweat. Of course, he wouldn't be released just like this. But he was unsure as to what would actually happen next. A long lecture by the Great Instigator? Unlikely, those never convinced anyone, plus he wasn't going to listen. A myriad of possibilities emerged but each was no more ridiculous in their probability than the other. The man grew nervous. He worked closely with the Great Instigator before he came to lead the Union for years in both the military and the clergy, yet he could still not work out the fine details and attributes of this man.

Somewhere in his head, the brain was hijacked and instructed the vocalization of some words he normally would not say, especially in front of an all-powerful leader. "Perhaps you find my explanation lacking? I can elaborate more." In retrospect, it was not the most cleverest sentence he produced in his entire life.

The Great Instigator devilishly chuckled again and then spoke with his voice. "No, my friend, my apologies, I was the one who was supposed to be elaborating..." The man turned to Sorghum-Iron, revealing his countenance on which was inscribed a seemingly malignant grin, and raised his right hand slowly. Sorghum-Iron felt like falling asleep despite his brain telling itself attention should be paid to the words of anyone, he could not control as a fog coalesced on his sight while his other senses began to blur. The noise of the air conditioner transformed slowly into Wagner's the Ride of the Valkyries, while his feet no longer felt the solid floor. The Great Instigator snapped with his fingers, and with that, Sorghum-Iron fell to another world.

Summit venue

Sorghum-Iron felt as if he phased into the conference room. His brain became confused, and even more so when faced with an onslaught of memories he never had streaming into his head like migrants into Europe. He first began to remember walking into the conference, yet he had never taken the steps. Then he remembered that this was a summit for the so-called 'Iron Alliance'. His senses were still cloudy, that was until he involuntarily sat down on a chair, positioned before the desk at which several other figures his distorted vision could not make out the details of were also seated. As his bottom was fully rested on the uncomfortable surface of the chair, his senses cleared, yet his mind remained confused. His ears were now flooded by thousands of words in languages he did not know, even though his repertoire of languages as a diplomat encompassed even the difficult tongues of the Urals and the Bantu bushes. But just as inexplicably as his arrival, Sorghum-Iron began making sense of the conversations that proceeded more like battles. He still heard the cacophony of sounds, some of which he himself could not replicate, but his mind managed to translate the words into their meanings.

Once he made sense of what was being spoken, he washed his brain with a feeling of utter disgust. Reviles, insults, attacks. Some eloquent, others as if they emerged from the lips of kindergarteners. Sorghum-Iron was a diplomat. And what the fuck was this? He personally was not exactly a major detractor of Zaporozhian letters, yet this scene induced nausea and roused repugnance. His eyes cleared, finally, and he got to witness the beings that were literally spraying these atrocities of language at each other. Then, as soon as the sight of just a few 'leaders' and 'ambassadors' he presumed was caught, he averted his sight, raising his head to the ceiling behind and over these individuals. Confusion remained in his head as the attendants of this 'conference' exchanged verbal volleys of vitriol. He subconsciously ran his hand around his clothes, to notice a notebook inside a pocket of his Mao suit. He took it out. Strange, it was larger than what that pocket could have ever allowed, with its A4 pages. He searched another pocket to find a pen. Immediately, notes were jotted down, as such an exotic experience had to be recorded. As he noticed his suddenly tripled attentiveness that assisted greatly as he wrote down observations in Hangul, Sorghum-Iron would also feel a growing tension in the jibes and feared that, despite what conferences were supposed to be, things would become violent soon.
Palenquan Union - Luub Palenkwa
The '80s with alien-induced social panic.

Supreme Authority
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Authority » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Guadalupador wrote:Ambassador-Scribe Ranthcisis rolled his eyes at Turnabout's little stunt. "Real leaders speak directly to their adversaries. Mongrel. It's apparent that you are not one. Now, please regale us further on your nasty divorce." The Ambassador-Scribe finished with utmost sarcasm. Artulo then turned to the being known as Whithammer: "Quiet beast." He said with a scowl.
The Ambassador-Scribe addressed O-1, whom had at least some semblance of civilized nature, or so Artulo thought. "See, the Iron Alliance and all of its member-states exist because Her Radiant and Objective Majesty allowed such a thing. Now it simply must end because She demands it. It is only the Will of the Gods. All the uncivilized wretches existing on this Earth need to be civilized. They need to be cultured. They need to abide by the laws of the Gods. It's simple, really. We Guadalupadorians can show you, and all your subjects the correct way to speak, as well as to live. We don't initially come to harm. We, of course offer a peaceful option. But as many former cultures and peoples have found out, the Gods do not take heed of heresy and uncivilized practices." Artulo clasped his hands together and offered: "Now, who would like to be civilized?"
He looked back at Turnabout and their Slave/Priest. "By the Gods, the propaganda writes itself. There's no need for us to prove why this alliance needs to be disbanded beyond just showing the entire world how such heretics live."
O-1 was well and truly angry. He snapped, "Ambassador-Scribe. I have, of my own free will, given you an opportunity for discourse and dialogue with our alliance. But I will not permit threats against myself or my other guests. For the safety of all present at this meeting, including yourself, I am evicting you immediately. Have a nice day." He then nodded to the Bookkeeper beside him, who activated the token's return function as previously described.
However, the tokens were really designed to be used by consenting individuals, who would hold the token to their chest with both hands as requested and clearly instructed. As the Ambassador-Scribe had no warning of the immediate return teleport, this was not so. The Ambassador-Scribe's body and legs disappeared with a blue crackle of energy, safely returned to Guadalupador. The same could be not said for most of his arms; unfortunately too far from his center of mass. These were left behind, and fell to the ground with a wet splat. Still fuming, O-1 ordered the nearest servant to clean up the mess.

Awitha wrote:"Well I don't know really our last emperor chose to join, his name was Emperor N'eviar, he is currently In suspended animation on a fortress world" Whithammer said "I most likely think he joined as a way to help other Nations achieve victory and other nations to assist him, oh and it's WhitHammer" Whithammer finished talking.

@Soyouso
"Well that's interesting, I'm lord of the Tundra region but it is split between me and that Assimovian dreadnought named Vitronian, I don't know much about him but I rather he also come with me but I didn't get the time to as when I picked up that gem, I instantly got sent to this place, I never really believed magic, unless that was some weird teleportation device like the usual teleporters that we use to transport soldiers" Whithammer spoke
O-1's iron discipline soon took hold, and he forced himself to calm down and regain his diplomatic composure. "Whithammer, I am glad that you find our transportation tokens impressive. Although the details are still highly classified, these tokens have been made possible by the alliance between ourselves and Kyoki Chudoku. The Iron Alliance facilitates scientific as well as military collaboration; imagine the technological and magical possibilities that membership may offer its members in the future."

Olimpiada wrote:

The Supreme Authority
Iron Alliance International Summit

"Last I checked, the only nations your weak 'alliance' protected were various forms of fascist and monarchist city-states." Avenius chose to ignore the order to leave, instead favoring to make his time here interesting. If he was to be sent on a shit job, the least he could do was have fun with it. "The only sort of freedom your people know is possessed exclusively by autocrats, their favorite whores, and those who suck up to them enough to be given the tiniest modicum of what those in first world countries enjoy. The simple fact of the matter is that your ideologies are inherently disrespectful to humanity, and an insult to its associated divinity." He maintained a vaguely smug deadpan the entire time, while also trying to spot a clock somewhere in his peripheral vision. If he could stick around for an hour or two, he could at least say he made his best effort towards diplomacy before inevitably being forced out. Maybe afterward he could go sight seeing. At least in this particular shithole, Alexios couldn't check to see whether or not he was getting into trouble.
O-1's brief respite had unfortunately come to an end. He spoke directly to Avenius. "Have you come to learn about the Iron Alliance, for peaceful discourse and discussion? Or have you come simply to level insults? Make up your mind. And if you are simply here for insults, please leave us on your own. By the same means as you arrived, I would hate to see injury befall another dignitary this day."
Last edited by Supreme Authority on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Iron Alliance | The Anti Democracy League | RP: Fall of the Supreme Authority

This nation does not represent my personal views.

Universal Union of Panhumanity
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Universal Union of Panhumanity » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Facility Epsilon-12b

Ambassador Octavian had served within the diplomatic corps for nearly three decades now, and yet he had never been assigned a mission such as this. As a senior official with ties to the Main Intelligence Directorate, he was of course aware of the existence of other realities, and that the Union had been interacting with them for some time now, and had spent many hours analysing the data taken from such interaction, but he had never actually visited a foreign universe before.

He knew of the so-called 'Iron Alliance' he had been tasked with meeting, but details were few and far between, with much of the information being above even his clearance level. This was not to be unexpected of course, the MID did like its secrets, and was often reluctant to share with those who were even remotely suspect in their eyes. Still, he would have preferred to have a bit more intel than what he had been provided with.

Octavian eyed the small token dubiously. He had been told that it would serve as a means of transportation to the location of this meeting. He couldn't see how such a small innocuous looking object was capable of such a feat, but knew better than to ask after subjects that were likely once again unknowable for him. He had however been instructed on how to use the device, and now proceeded to do so, the pair of Spetsnaz guards assigned to him following suit.

Supreme Authority Bunker

The Ambassador was somewhat surprised to find himself instantaneously transported to what looked like some sort of cell. Although initially suspecting that he had been betrayed, he rapidly dismissed the notion, he had read enough about this nation to know that they took their security very seriously, a hypothesis which was swiftly confirmed when the cell door was opened and he was allowed into the meeting room.

He swiftly took in the other figures within the chamber, noting the various ambassadors. Some he could identify as being from member-states of the alliance, whilst others were unknown to him. He decided to hang back until the meeting proper began, there was little point interacting with this lot until they got down to business, although he would take care not to be rude to his hosts. Diplomacy was always such a delicate affair, after all.

A 6 Civilisation (or 1.7, depending on your point of view), according to this index.

The Daily Worker: Ministry of Production orders construction of 2000 autonomous shipyards | Flight of the Revolution, depicting the establishment of the Universal Union, set to be released next week | 32nd Strike Fleet established.

-The Eurasian Empire-
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Eurasian Empire- » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Universal Union of Panhumanity wrote:Facility Epsilon-12b

Ambassador Octavian had served within the diplomatic corps for nearly three decades now, and yet he had never been assigned a mission such as this. As a senior official with ties to the Main Intelligence Directorate, he was of course aware of the existence of other realities, and that the Union had been interacting with them for some time now, and had spent many hours analysing the data taken from such interaction, but he had never actually visited a foreign universe before.

He knew of the so-called 'Iron Alliance' he had been tasked with meeting, but details were few and far between, with much of the information being above even his clearance level. This was not to be unexpected of course, the MID did like its secrets, and was often reluctant to share with those who were even remotely suspect in their eyes. Still, he would have preferred to have a bit more intel than what he had been provided with.

Octavian eyed the small token dubiously. He had been told that it would serve as a means of transportation to the location of this meeting. He couldn't see how such a small innocuous looking object was capable of such a feat, but knew better than to ask after subjects that were likely once again unknowable for him. He had however been instructed on how to use the device, and now proceeded to do so, the pair of Spetsnaz guards assigned to him following suit.

Supreme Authority Bunker

The Ambassador was somewhat surprised to find himself instantaneously transported to what looked like some sort of cell. Although initially suspecting that he had been betrayed, he rapidly dismissed the notion, he had read enough about this nation to know that they took their security very seriously, a hypothesis which was swiftly confirmed when the cell door was opened and he was allowed into the meeting room.

He swiftly took in the other figures within the chamber, noting the various ambassadors. Some he could identify as being from member-states of the alliance, whilst others were unknown to him. He decided to hang back until the meeting proper began, there was little point interacting with this lot until they got down to business, although he would take care not to be rude to his hosts. Diplomacy was always such a delicate affair, after all.

Octavian would see small boy seeming looking the age of twelve years old, skipping over to him, wearing a a circus uniform? This would be strange to see, but this was the demon and leader of the Iron Alliance, with a cherry smile on his face, looking up at Octavian, as the child was only 5'0 ft tall."You missed the show, good sir, you could say we run the capitalists out of town.I've been wanting to start relations with your mysterious country for some time but I have zero clue on how two very different countries can do business, if one is all nationalized by the state, so that is what I wanted to ask you." Victor wasn't the best at diplomatic affairs as he was scarying the living hell out of people during his favorite holiday, Halloween and Christmas, very fun, although he was fast learner to figure things out to have beneficial relationship with other people and nations.
(NO LONGER IN USAGE)

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Aozora, for her part, had mostly observed the incoming delegations, deciding not to interact just yet. She didn't want to waste her time with those who had only come to complain, after all, and she was trying to avoid accidentally slicing people in half out of annoyance. If she could endure the constant annoyances of freedom, she could endure a few idiots here and there who would likely be evicted rapidly.

She as disappointed when the "Scribe-Ambassador" had been evicted, for two reasons. Firstly, it was unfortunate that it had been necessary at all. It surely wasn't difficult to understand the concept of being respectful to the people who's country you'd just entered, and of not attending a meeting purely to complain about its participants. His dialogue about "the Will of the Gods" made her wonder whether she should roll her eyes or conjure her scythe and eviscerate them. However, before she could make up her mind, they had been evicted. The second aspect of her disappointment, then, was how the annoyance had been only partially dismembered.

She then turned to face the Olimpiadan delegation. Oh great, another one...

"If you're here to try convince us to change our ideology, you're wasting your time." she said bluntly. "The Iron Alliance is dedicated to protecting its members from the aggression of those who would dare to attack us. To enhance cooperation between nations, to increase our security and knowledge. To venture to our summit only to complain about us will prove about as effective as trying to break a wall of iron with a blade of grass."

It seemed not even this summit was safe from the annoyances of freedom-loving idiots. An unfortunate occurrence, but perhaps an unavoidable one in these times. Of course, one day, there won't be any of these people left to annoy me. One day....
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Immaterial

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

"Apocalipsis"

Postby Victoriala II » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:50 pm

HCU DireCon
Upemiqqun

The sleek, grayish room is illuminated by the slightly-tinted midday sun, with a cool air ventilated from the walls, as is most of the building's crevices. It's been established since the first sketches of the institution's building to be lit by the outside, essentially open to the view of nature and the cool northern wind. Psychological and natural consideration, the commissioners ordered, such is the way it was handled.

A simple wooden table is the room's centerpiece. 22 seats encircle it, flanked by transparent screens and imprinted in its center the four arrows. Seated are people of various appearances, all in stern stature, half of them a black uniform of office, the other half wearing more unorthodox and vibrant variations.

"Alright then, we agree to keep the NIP as intended. Anything else?" A young woman's voice from the former half kept firm. Chairman of the Council.

"Nonintervention aside, a specific diplomatic communion is being held outside the intended system.
We are expecting a confluence with necessary polities shall be underway." A (slightly older) man's voice replied from the same half. The Director of Exterior Matters.

"This better not be one of those reactionary orgies the Konties and Crscans rabble about. What's it all about?" A larger man in blue (obviously from the latter half) spoke out. A representative of the United Commonwealth of Solaria.

"An 'antidemocratic' summit, perhaps. Iron Alliance. As DirExMa I suggest keen observation of the development is made. Along with coordination. Further details must be handled by the appropriate directors and representatives. An amendment is expected from the rest, Sister Superior."

"I think we could enter under the assumption that our commitment to their inanity is towards classical systems and ochlocracy." The Chairman nodded. The whole council was silent. After a moment, the Chairman stood from her seat. "Esteemed Brother, I suggest you be our primary anchor for this event."

The young man nodded.

"Well then, anything else?"

IAIS

This is absurd. Sordid, even.

Everyone in this room are a collection of irrational despots and bureaucrats. They're all in it for the power, not the general good. Oh, the esteemed Leon S. be damned wholeheartedly, he would lash out in rage at these reactionary dogs en masse. Perhaps it's why I'm here, without the whole violence thing. I have no need for rage here. Our institutions are built in reason. Our reason.

I could only hope that they see and follow ours. This whole convocation is a damned open book. I look around and see that the fellows from Guadalupador (rather, a variation from it), Palenqua and Olimpiada are present. I cringe and sigh simultaneously, straightened my posture and put my hands behind my back. I walk to the one least absurd.¹ An introduction should be underway.

I remember my true reason being here. I'm here to be a horseman.

¹A. Gregoras. Oli do your thing.
Last edited by Victoriala II on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Universal Union of Panhumanity » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:53 pm

-The Eurasian Empire- wrote:Octavian would see small boy seeming looking the age of twelve years old, skipping over to him, wearing a a circus uniform? This would be strange to see, but this was the demon and leader of the Iron Alliance, with a cherry smile on his face, looking up at Octavian, as the child was only 5'0 ft tall."You missed the show, good sir, you could say we run the capitalists out of town.I've been wanting to start relations with your mysterious country for some time but I have zero clue on how two very different countries can do business, if one is all nationalized by the state, so that is what I wanted to ask you." Victor wasn't the best at diplomatic affairs as he was scarying the living hell out of people during his favorite holiday, Halloween and Christmas, very fun, although he was fast learner to figure things out to have beneficial relationship with other people and nations.

As the strangely garbed entity approached him via a most curious method of locomotion, Octavian searched his databank, looking for details on the being that he now recognised to be none other than the current head of the Iron Alliance and Emperor of Eurasia, Victor Vonstein. According to the information he had access to, the Emperor had only recently taken the throne after his predecessor had fallen ill, and in that time had undertaken a sweeping set of reforms that had drastically altered many aspects of Eurasian society. According to the file, it was believed that he would be more open to friendly relation with the Union than his predecessor. Curiously, two key details had been redacted: his age and species.

As the Emperor began to speak, he noted that he spoke via sound waves, in english no less. Actually, that appeared to be the standard form of communication at the summit, and he would have to utilise it if he wished to do likewise. It had been some time since he had used such methods, but of course the vocaliser was still fully functional, a member of the diplomatic corps could not afford to let such a tool fall into disrepair.

"It is good to meet you, Emperor." He began, choosing a faint English accent for the occasion. It was fortunate that he had decided to blend in with the more biological attendees, having selected natural pigmentations for his skin, eyes and hair. "We have also been interested in establishing formal relations between our two nations since your coronation, and hope that we will be able to reach a mutual understanding of one another."

A 6 Civilisation (or 1.7, depending on your point of view), according to this index.

The Daily Worker: Ministry of Production orders construction of 2000 autonomous shipyards | Flight of the Revolution, depicting the establishment of the Universal Union, set to be released next week | 32nd Strike Fleet established.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:06 pm

The Supreme Authority

For the first time in awhile, Avenius did pause. The Scribe-Ambassador losing his arms in a bright blue flare was rather an unusual sight. One part of his brain screamed to leave with his arms intact, the other part said to do the job, get paid, and possibly get free upgrades from it. A mental coin flip said the latter, and he straightened his suit. If he was to risk death, he would do so well dressed. "I'm not here for insults though I assure you, I'm quite good at those. What I'm here for is a bit of education. A single man can't change your minds, though a single army might if this goes south. The lot of you need to learn about the inevitable failures of your systems, and the simple lack of dignity associated with them. Speaking of a lack of dignity, I seem to be having a much more peaceful discourse than you are, as I have yet to de-limb anyone who mildly irked me." He paused, wondering if he had pushed the man over the edge. He probably wouldn't die. Probably. It was worth the risk. Leaving voluntarily with nothing to show for it was sure to get him fired, and losing his career meant a life on Clockwork, toiling in the great forges of the smog filled machine world for an incredibly low wage. He supposed that dropping his drug habit probably would have left him with significantly more money in the bank to work with as a backup, but one couldn't un-snort synth cocaine, nor could they un-insult a psychopath.

Separately from the increasingly upset dictator, a man approached in a black zongshan suit. Suddenly, immediate removal did seem not unpleasant. Communists and their ilk tended to favor maoist garb, and collectivist groups were more often than not opposed to the freedom that mankind's divinity guaranteed it. After all, the opportunity to succeed and fail on one's own merit was far holier than to be doomed from birth to starve to death. Regardless, Avenius looked over, nodded, and kept his arms at his sides, trying to make the best of a possible future disembowelment.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

-The Eurasian Empire-
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Eurasian Empire- » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:27 pm

Universal Union of Panhumanity wrote:
-The Eurasian Empire- wrote:Octavian would see small boy seeming looking the age of twelve years old, skipping over to him, wearing a a circus uniform? This would be strange to see, but this was the demon and leader of the Iron Alliance, with a cherry smile on his face, looking up at Octavian, as the child was only 5'0 ft tall."You missed the show, good sir, you could say we run the capitalists out of town.I've been wanting to start relations with your mysterious country for some time but I have zero clue on how two very different countries can do business, if one is all nationalized by the state, so that is what I wanted to ask you." Victor wasn't the best at diplomatic affairs as he was scarying the living hell out of people during his favorite holiday, Halloween and Christmas, very fun, although he was fast learner to figure things out to have beneficial relationship with other people and nations.

As the strangely garbed entity approached him via a most curious method of locomotion, Octavian searched his databank, looking for details on the being that he now recognised to be none other than the current head of the Iron Alliance and Emperor of Eurasia, Victor Vonstein. According to the information he had access to, the Emperor had only recently taken the throne after his predecessor had fallen ill, and in that time had undertaken a sweeping set of reforms that had drastically altered many aspects of Eurasian society. According to the file, it was believed that he would be more open to friendly relation with the Union than his predecessor. Curiously, two key details had been redacted: his age and species.

As the Emperor began to speak, he noted that he spoke via sound waves, in english no less. Actually, that appeared to be the standard form of communication at the summit, and he would have to utilise it if he wished to do likewise. It had been some time since he had used such methods, but of course the vocaliser was still fully functional, a member of the diplomatic corps could not afford to let such a tool fall into disrepair.

"It is good to meet you, Emperor." He began, choosing a faint English accent for the occasion. It was fortunate that he had decided to blend in with the more biological attendees, having selected natural pigmentations for his skin, eyes and hair. "We have also been interested in establishing formal relations between our two nations since your coronation, and hope that we will be able to reach a mutual understanding of one another."

"Lovely to heard that from a Soviet.As usually it is me attempting to say something like that with people having a troublesome time believing me cause of me being monarchist, of course, which I will never understand why gents will judge only on ideology and not the person? It doesn't make sense.But yes, the Federation is clearly interested in developing relations with your utopian society.Which would finding some ground on interdimensional trading with we being from alternate realities on the same planet.So I was thinkin trade, the Federation doesn't produce much of specialty besides what is needed for healthy citizen to have a balanced and enjoyable diet given where they are located in the districts to fit their cultures, though that is done mostly by local restaurants created by the commoners to make profit and use it for the collective good of society in their communities watched by the Government to deree greeediness as citizens are biological cyborgs with the same functions and operating as organic though with greater lifespan with cybernetics to replace dying organs such as lungs or the liver and improve them with digitally painted prosthetics to last forever, thanks to science.We could sell your country some as we are already being made a mechanized species with our life signatures showing as non-living beings as consequences of evolving humanity blended with hardware and gears for being labeled as Cyborgians.We might be become the matrix on a universal scale by err, 2100? I'll be 3,100 yrs old, since I was born in 1,000 BC, but I'm not sure on my age anymore, the birthdays are dull now." Victor would realize his was going off topic."And we could do a scientific cooperation thingy together with our best scientists.Oh, having you mastered reviving the dead?" He'd asked before continuing his sentence.
Last edited by -The Eurasian Empire- on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(NO LONGER IN USAGE)

Soyouso
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soyouso » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Turnabout was not one to take insults lying down, and the frivilous baiting from the Scribe-Ambassador was waning what patience they had. Had the man not been evicted from the meeting, a can of whoop ass would have been unleashed. Selx carressed his master's leg to ease their aggravation. When home, there would be a session of executing people like this captured in Soyouso for their own amusement. Perhaps this behavior was why the dictator was so cruel to traitors in paticular.

"People like that...they can't even debate, they go for middle school insults yet expect us to take them seriously and not do the same back. They don't even bother to ask us why we hold our methods of rule. They just can't get it through their thick skulls that someone who disagrees with them can be competent. Depressing, to be honest."

Palenquan Union
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Palenquan Union » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:56 am

As conversations continued, Sorghum-Iron also failed to stop filling the lines of his notebook with Hangul characters. To increase efficiency, he even gave up drawing the circles that indicated an ejective consonant was present in a syllable. He might have just penned out an entire novel. And somehow, the ink in his pen did not fall by one millimeter. This was all very strange indeed. In fact, Sorghum-Iron thought he'd witness some four dimensional geometry in the next ten minutes. His notes were disorganized, for several lines they ran in prose with minimal punctuation, where the man frantically described his surroundings, the happenings around him and how his thoughts commentated on them. Then they ran in bullet points, usually notes about the other persons present. Sweat was raining down from his head, yet his Mao suit had failed to become wet.

The Dorian delegate was made to disappear, and what a mess was made. Sorghum-Iron refused to keep his eyes on that particular incident. He in fact could not stare at any other individual in this room for longer than five seconds. He wanted to preserve his sanity. But when some of these figures spoke even averting one's sight could do little to maintain the purity of the mind.

Sorghum-Iron could only describe his feelings as confused, extremely confused. What seemed to be members of the alliance as well as their detractors emanated contradictory attributes. The members of the alliance appeared to be obnoxious, but maybe Sorghum-Iron was prejudiced based on appearance, since after all many of them differed greatly in view compared to Palenquan citizens and most other humans of Palenqua's world, yet they were countering the vitriol of their supposed opponents with seemingly organized words, sometimes if barely so, that retained a dose of politeness, if hostility was heavily mixed with it. Meanwhile, the enemies of this Alliance just really looked and sounded like they were picking fights. In Sorghum-Iron's mind, he'd have dismembered an attendee as disrespectful as the Dorian scribe too. But something in his mind told him to not view the Alliance members in a positive light. He couldn't think of why yet. But his sweating hand continued to inscribe character after character on the notebook.

Soyouso
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Soyouso » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:24 am

Palenquan Union wrote:As conversations continued, Sorghum-Iron also failed to stop filling the lines of his notebook with Hangul characters. To increase efficiency, he even gave up drawing the circles that indicated an ejective consonant was present in a syllable. He might have just penned out an entire novel. And somehow, the ink in his pen did not fall by one millimeter. This was all very strange indeed. In fact, Sorghum-Iron thought he'd witness some four dimensional geometry in the next ten minutes. His notes were disorganized, for several lines they ran in prose with minimal punctuation, where the man frantically described his surroundings, the happenings around him and how his thoughts commentated on them. Then they ran in bullet points, usually notes about the other persons present. Sweat was raining down from his head, yet his Mao suit had failed to become wet.

The Dorian delegate was made to disappear, and what a mess was made. Sorghum-Iron refused to keep his eyes on that particular incident. He in fact could not stare at any other individual in this room for longer than five seconds. He wanted to preserve his sanity. But when some of these figures spoke even averting one's sight could do little to maintain the purity of the mind.

Sorghum-Iron could only describe his feelings as confused, extremely confused. What seemed to be members of the alliance as well as their detractors emanated contradictory attributes. The members of the alliance appeared to be obnoxious, but maybe Sorghum-Iron was prejudiced based on appearance, since after all many of them differed greatly in view compared to Palenquan citizens and most other humans of Palenqua's world, yet they were countering the vitriol of their supposed opponents with seemingly organized words, sometimes if barely so, that retained a dose of politeness, if hostility was heavily mixed with it. Meanwhile, the enemies of this Alliance just really looked and sounded like they were picking fights. In Sorghum-Iron's mind, he'd have dismembered an attendee as disrespectful as the Dorian scribe too. But something in his mind told him to not view the Alliance members in a positive light. He couldn't think of why yet. But his sweating hand continued to inscribe character after character on the notebook.

Priestess Restwindle could feel the discomfort from that side of the room. Another one in need of comforting, she thought. Moving over to Sorghum-Iron, she teared a bit of the sleeve of her robe, and dabbed at the sweat on his head, handing it to him. She also went over to one of the servants and got a glass of water for him to drink, handing that to him. She sat down beside him on the floor, pointing her gaze at the dictator of Soyouso. Restwindle was not paying attention to what he was writing. She would not even recognize that language anyhow, and wasn't interested in finding out what his purpose was.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:59 am

Olimpiada wrote:Separately from the increasingly upset dictator, a man approached in a black zongshan suit. Suddenly, immediate removal did seem not unpleasant. Communists and their ilk tended to favor maoist garb, and collectivist groups were more often than not opposed to the freedom that mankind's divinity guaranteed it. After all, the opportunity to succeed and fail on one's own merit was far holier than to be doomed from birth to starve to death. Regardless, Avenius looked over, nodded, and kept his arms at his sides, trying to make the best of a possible future disembowelment.

HCU

Our Liberty is Secondary to the Unity and Continuous Progress of our Civilization. - E. Carriere.

The old quote washes ashore through my mind as I get closer to him. The fateful lamb, the heart offering. I see him nod with reservation. A hidden reaction. A hint of pride. The man would not stomach me, that's for sure. I look at my watch as I draw closer to him. Light projects and shows me a message from Upemiqqun. A notice of caution. I nod both to the man and watch. A careful speech must be in order. I intend to get home in normalcy.

The pride I sense runs around my head. Pride.

Oh, how the fourth sin fascinates me.

I hear word from some Futurists and Social Resperitors in the Continental Assembly on the erroneous weltanschauungs of the reactionary faiths. It reeks nihil, dread, submissiveness. Some of the intellectuals spew Humanism as the logical alternative. The glory of our own humanity, our being—bah! These fanatics and their chauvinism. It's as if you truly grasp history like Excalibur to your Arthur. Surely beats the syncophant cries of the priests petulantly shrieking the same thing. The only thing worse than speaking the lack of destiny while acting we do is thinking man has destiny.

I fix my pin as I draw closer. What do you think? my mind asks the fateful one. Even if I ask with my mouth, he'd definitely choose either of the two. I lay back my stance as I stand beside him.

"I shouldn't be surprised to see the likes of you here, but I am." My words become loose and I look at my watch. I have enough time to waste. "Proud men in the sea of debauchery, that is."

Supreme Authority
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Authority » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:08 pm

@Universal Union of Panhumanity
Finally, someone willing to speak like a mature adult. "Hello Octavian, welcome to the Summit. I am O-1, head of the Overseer Council of the Supreme Authority. We believe that you would have much to offer the growing Alliance, and I hope that you may find membership to your liking. As my good friend Victor says, we are interested in trade and/or scientific cooperation as well."

@Olimpiada
O-1 noticed Avenius' shock at the Scribe-Ambassador's dismemberment. Though such an action would be memorable indeed, it was also important that O-1 not portray himself as a psychopath. And he did not personally consider himself a psychopath; instead he believed that "morals" and "ethics" were antiquated relics of obsolete philosophy that only compromised the foundations of political and national power. After taking a few moments to think, O-1 replied, "Avenius. I am more than willing to discuss matters of state in peace. Ranthcisis was only evicted because he leveled threats at my guests here today, a course of action that I have made quite clear will not be tolerated. Provided you seek peaceful discourse, you have no need for fear in this bunker. So you seem to have concerns with the systems of government of Iron Alliance members. Please, name them."
The Iron Alliance | The Anti Democracy League | RP: Fall of the Supreme Authority

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Universal Union of Panhumanity » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:06 am

-The Eurasian Empire- wrote:"Lovely to heard that from a Soviet.As usually it is me attempting to say something like that with people having a troublesome time believing me cause of me being monarchist, of course, which I will never understand why gents will judge only on ideology and not the person? It doesn't make sense.But yes, the Federation is clearly interested in developing relations with your utopian society.Which would finding some ground on interdimensional trading with we being from alternate realities on the same planet.So I was thinkin trade, the Federation doesn't produce much of specialty besides what is needed for healthy citizen to have a balanced and enjoyable diet given where they are located in the districts to fit their cultures, though that is done mostly by local restaurants created by the commoners to make profit and use it for the collective good of society in their communities watched by the Government to deree greeediness as citizens are biological cyborgs with the same functions and operating as organic though with greater lifespan with cybernetics to replace dying organs such as lungs or the liver and improve them with digitally painted prosthetics to last forever, thanks to science.We could sell your country some as we are already being made a mechanized species with our life signatures showing as non-living beings as consequences of evolving humanity blended with hardware and gears for being labeled as Cyborgians.We might be become the matrix on a universal scale by err, 2100? I'll be 3,100 yrs old, since I was born in 1,000 BC, but I'm not sure on my age anymore, the birthdays are dull now." Victor would realize his was going off topic."And we could do a scientific cooperation thingy together with our best scientists.Oh, having you mastered reviving the dead?" He'd asked before continuing his sentence.

Three thousand? Surely such a feat was impossible, how could an entity have gained immortality in such a primitive era? Unless... Well, there was little point speculating, the information had clearly been removed from the file for this very reason. It would most certainly be erased from his memory once he returned to the Union, and then any time spent puzzling over this detail would have simply been wasted. Much better to maintain a more useful path for this conversation.

"I am afraid that there is little that we require in terms of material resources. The entirety of our populace has already been upgraded to mechanosynthetic status, so I hope you will forgive me when I see we have no need of what you offer. Still, we are willing to provide material support to the empire in exchange for non-material support on your part. Scientific cooperation is also a possibility, although there are limitations on the level of technology that we are currently willing to offer."

Supreme Authority wrote:@Universal Union of Panhumanity
Finally, someone willing to speak like a mature adult. "Hello Octavian, welcome to the Summit. I am O-1, head of the Overseer Council of the Supreme Authority. We believe that you would have much to offer the growing Alliance, and I hope that you may find membership to your liking. As my good friend Victor says, we are interested in trade and/or scientific cooperation as well."

Turning to O-1, the Ambassador smiled, recognising his host. "It is good to meet you, O-1. The Universal Union has been observing the Iron Alliance for some time, and has reached a similar conclusion. After all, we share a common enemy, and if the Iron Alliance was to fall, it would not be long before they targeted the Union. Better to stand together than apart. However, the prospect of membership in the Alliance is still uncertain, as while the majority of our enemies should be condemned to oblivion without second thought, a few are considered to be fellow socialist comrades. Although evidently estranged and somewhat misguided, the Union is still reluctant to act against them openly."

"Still, as I was saying to the Emperor, we are willing to offer scientific and economic support to the alliance, with certain limitations of course. These are mostly things such as superluminal travel, monopole technology, and metric engineering, and we are willing to provide diamond age-level technologies, which we believe shall greatly enhance the Alliance's military capabilities in the event of open warfare with groups such as the UNASAA. Still, it is quite possible that the Union shall officially join the Iron Alliance at a later date."

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

Victoriala II wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Separately from the increasingly upset dictator, a man approached in a black zongshan suit. Suddenly, immediate removal did seem not unpleasant. Communists and their ilk tended to favor maoist garb, and collectivist groups were more often than not opposed to the freedom that mankind's divinity guaranteed it. After all, the opportunity to succeed and fail on one's own merit was far holier than to be doomed from birth to starve to death. Regardless, Avenius looked over, nodded, and kept his arms at his sides, trying to make the best of a possible future disembowelment.

HCU

Our Liberty is Secondary to the Unity and Continuous Progress of our Civilization. - E. Carriere.

The old quote washes ashore through my mind as I get closer to him. The fateful lamb, the heart offering. I see him nod with reservation. A hidden reaction. A hint of pride. The man would not stomach me, that's for sure. I look at my watch as I draw closer to him. Light projects and shows me a message from Upemiqqun. A notice of caution. I nod both to the man and watch. A careful speech must be in order. I intend to get home in normalcy.

I hear word from some Futurists and Social Resperitors in the Continental Assembly on the erroneous weltanschauungs of the reactionary faiths. It reeks nihil, dread, submissiveness. Some of the intellectuals spew Humanism as the logical alternative. The glory of our own humanity, our being—bah! These fanatics and their chauvinism. It's as if you truly grasp history like Excalibur to your Arthur. Surely beats the syncophant cries of the priests petulantly shrieking the same thing. The only thing worse than speaking the lack of destiny while acting we do is thinking man has destiny.

I fix my pin as I draw closer. What do you think? my mind asks the fateful one. Even if I ask with my mouth, he'd definitely choose either of the two. I lay back my stance as I stand beside him.

"I shouldn't be surprised to see the likes of you here, but I am." My words become loose and I look at my watch. I have enough time to waste. "Proud men in the sea of debauchery, that is."

The Supreme Authority

"Well that's pleasant to see. Someone else with similar thoughts regarding these... social primitives." Surprisingly enough, the communist wasn't making a fool of himself. Yet. "I'm Avenius Gregoras." He extended a hand. "And you would be?"

The individual showed a sense of thought which many present lacked. They were unconcerned with the intricacies of diplomacy, instead choosing to behave like angry children for the most part. They were creatures of anger and passion, while the one who approached him did so with a cool and restrained attitude. Then again, not having the social ability of a grumpy twelve year old did mean that he lacked any meaningful authority in the area, which did disappoint Avenius. Getting someone on his side with actual power in the area was a good thing, albeit unlikely.

Supreme Authority wrote:@Universal Union of Panhumanity

@Olimpiada
O-1 noticed Avenius' shock at the Scribe-Ambassador's dismemberment. Though such an action would be memorable indeed, it was also important that O-1 not portray himself as a psychopath. And he did not personally consider himself a psychopath; instead he believed that "morals" and "ethics" were antiquated relics of obsolete philosophy that only compromised the foundations of political and national power. After taking a few moments to think, O-1 replied, "Avenius. I am more than willing to discuss matters of state in peace. Ranthcisis was only evicted because he leveled threats at my guests here today, a course of action that I have made quite clear will not be tolerated. Provided you seek peaceful discourse, you have no need for fear in this bunker. So you seem to have concerns with the systems of government of Iron Alliance members. Please, name them."

At least he was making efforts to not appear like a psychopath. Avenius believed the term for that was a high functioning sociopath. Not an uncommon thing for dictators. He let himself relax a little, still keeping his arms close to his sides. So far it was looking like his report to Alexios would consist of a request to glass this forsaken place with all haste. It would most certainly be for the better. “My concerns, and for that matter, those of all the Federated Worlds are quite simple. Authoritarian regimes such as yours inevitably collapse under their own weight, leaving nothing but suffering in their wake, and ultimately leaving the world worse for the experience. As such, it has been agreed upon in our nation that the best course of action for the Iron Alliance would be to disband, thus speeding this process of this collapse and alleviating the further pain of other humans under your twisted governments.”

He left out the part where Olimpiada had every intention to make this happen by force if necessary. Although he was certain that it was what he was supposed to say, he was also certain that losing his arms would hurt like hell, even if he could get them replaced. And so, for the first time in that meeting, he bit his tongue, actively choosing his life before his career. He hated it.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Awitha
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 13, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Awitha » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Lord Whithammer watched the events unfold before him, on one side he was laughing and on the other side he was wondering what the heck just happened.
his face was mostly expressionless.
"Well that was uhh something" he thought to himself, he was mostly holding back laughter as he watched the diplomat just disappear and his arms drop down upon the floor, it was almost like something out of a cartoon.
He took glances at each of the new attendants before going off in a search for food.
Hello my delicious friends! We are a FT nation, Galactic conquerors, and absolute monarchy.
Awithan news: An Awithan Indagator has found and captured a traitorous rebel leader by the name of Dendo. The Indagator returned with the rebel leader and was rewarded by Empress Farsom for it's bravery. | Be wary of xeno spies. | This concludes this weeks news.

Supreme Authority
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Authority » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Universal Union of Panhumanity wrote:Turning to O-1, the Ambassador smiled, recognising his host. "It is good to meet you, O-1. The Universal Union has been observing the Iron Alliance for some time, and has reached a similar conclusion. After all, we share a common enemy, and if the Iron Alliance was to fall, it would not be long before they targeted the Union. Better to stand together than apart. However, the prospect of membership in the Alliance is still uncertain, as while the majority of our enemies should be condemned to oblivion without second thought, a few are considered to be fellow socialist comrades. Although evidently estranged and somewhat misguided, the Union is still reluctant to act against them openly."

"Still, as I was saying to the Emperor, we are willing to offer scientific and economic support to the alliance, with certain limitations of course. These are mostly things such as superluminal travel, monopole technology, and metric engineering, and we are willing to provide diamond age-level technologies, which we believe shall greatly enhance the Alliance's military capabilities in the event of open warfare with groups such as the UNASAA. Still, it is quite possible that the Union shall officially join the Iron Alliance at a later date."

"We sincerely appreciate your offer of technology, and I promise that it shall be put to effective use. A stronger and more secure Iron Alliance brings great benefit to us all. In addition, I respect your reluctance to openly act against the UNSAA. Contrary to many false reports about myself, I am truly not a warmonger. I would much prefer to bring about governmental and societal reform through diplomacy and logic rather than conflict. Though preparation for war is essential for survival in our harsh and uncaring multiverse, it is important to recognize that armed conflict depletes both human and material resources from society."

Olimpiada wrote:At least he was making efforts to not appear like a psychopath. Avenius believed the term for that was a high functioning sociopath. Not an uncommon thing for dictators. He let himself relax a little, still keeping his arms close to his sides. So far it was looking like his report to Alexios would consist of a request to glass this forsaken place with all haste. It would most certainly be for the better. “My concerns, and for that matter, those of all the Federated Worlds are quite simple. Authoritarian regimes such as yours inevitably collapse under their own weight, leaving nothing but suffering in their wake, and ultimately leaving the world worse for the experience. As such, it has been agreed upon in our nation that the best course of action for the Iron Alliance would be to disband, thus speeding this process of this collapse and alleviating the further pain of other humans under your twisted governments.”

He left out the part where Olimpiada had every intention to make this happen by force if necessary. Although he was certain that it was what he was supposed to say, he was also certain that losing his arms would hurt like hell, even if he could get them replaced. And so, for the first time in that meeting, he bit his tongue, actively choosing his life before his career. He hated it.

"The most effective authoritarian regimes, such as the Supreme Authority, manage their weight via delegation as well as centralization. As the head of the Overseer Council, I have essentially unlimited and absolute authority over each and every aspect of the Supreme Authority. However, I quite often wield this authority by selecting and managing effective and competent subordinates, without the external biases and pressures of d*m*cr*cy. Though my subordinates are bound by my orders, they are charged with many of the particulars of said orders' execution, often including management of subordinates of their own.
All of my subordinates form a web that reaches each and every subject of the Supreme Authority. All unified in will and purpose, for the greater good of the nation. In contrast, fr**d*m by its very nature permits subjects to pursue their own purposes, according to their selfish and limited perspectives. D*m*cr*tic and fr** nations will inevitably tear themselves apart. Dictatorships such as the Supreme Authority recognize the value of oppression - the true antidote to the poison of fr**d*m, the means by which the purpose and will of all subjects is sublimated for the good of the whole.
In sum, the Iron Alliance rejects your demand to disband. We are the vanguard of the only true way forward for humanity, a future built upon absolute authority for the good of all. And I give you a notice; aggression on your behalf will be met with our full fury."
Last edited by Supreme Authority on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palenquan Union
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Palenquan Union » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 am

Sorghum-Iron barely survived the brief encounter with the Soyousian priestess. He was a diplomat, so sure, he could understand all that as the culture in these places. Objectively speaking, it was not as bad as that time where a priest of some backwater hiding in the jungle that just discovered the principles of modern statehood flooded everyone's meals with his supposedly divine saliva at lunch, nor was it as nearly as ridiculous at that time when he was forced to play a game of airsoft that lasted ten unstopping hours where even getting the packaged sandwiches risked one getting shot at with hundreds of plastic pellets. This was merely an usual moment for a culture that would be presumably favoring aggressiveness in its interpersonal interactions. Sorghum-Iron could understand that. Something else was messing around with his mind, however, leeching off rapidly his sanity as he put his eyes on that piece of cloth. He was unsure, and panic started to grow like a rapidly maturing plant in his mind. Mainly concerning why he was here and what was actually going on.

The K'antzil man finally began to slow down with the construction of the wall of text on his notebook, and started paying finer attention to the conversations. One particular person was able to speak without inducing subliminal pain in Sorghum-Iron's head, and not one present at the conference to mock the alliance that was holding it. Recalling words he either did not hear or did not pay attention to, he recognized said person as a delegate from some 'universal union'. What had happened in this mad world to demand that such terms exist? That man's attire reminded him of the last time ambassadors of the Democratic People's Republic of Chosong visited Palenqua, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions yet, after all he wore a tunic suit as well. Then the words. 'Socialist comrades'. Dirty reds, as I thought. He continued listening, not bearing any real interest in their intentions of being involved with the alliance, but merely to figure out things.

Terms like 'superluminal travel' and the explicit implications that they were mastered by the 'Union' person made Sorghum-Iron sure that he was in some weird sci-fi setting which might have explained the nausea he experienced with the words and appearance of the other people around. Apparently, the Iron Alliance, or at least a good part of it, was less advanced than this guy's nation of origin. He was unsure to what extent since he didn't have a clue what 'monopole technology' was either, but was at least relieved if this was all real and he had made a mistake, not every single one of these people could show up near the [Palenquan] Union's planet and turn its surface into plate glass. There was a talk of an alliance that this 'Union' and this Iron Alliance had as a shared foe, but Sorghum-Iron didn't think much on that.

The maturity with which the Universal Union's ambassador spoke (as in, like the regular adult human Sorghum-Iron was accustomed to) and the demonstration of a degree of reluctance to fully become comrades with the Iron Alliance convinced Sorghum-Iron these people were entirely of a different kind compared to the ones that had argued with the Dorian scribe and the Olimpiadan delegate.

A while later, some 'head of the Overseer Council', that sounded familiar, thought Sorghum-Iron, spoke on the totalitarian system of their state that was apparently criticized by the Olimpiadan. Someone who doesn't try to justify oppression but wholesale glorifies it, the thing itself. Huh. The nations at this conference were getting stranger and stranger as Sorghum-Iron overheard more keys into the deep dark masses of lore behind them. But yes, the idea of a 'perfect tyranny', an optimally functioning machine of oppression. They might exist, but never as entities of a truly human society. The desire for freedom can never be stripped from a human being without said human being still maintaining the qualities required to be human. And the dehumanized machine discards all the other qualities that makes the human states able to attain their position. Sooner or later, they will fall regardless of their systems' 'perfection'. Yet they trumpet their ways as the only road for humanity! What universe is this? Sorghum-Iron realized how ironic that question was being asked and felt nauseous again.

So it seems, many of these Iron Alliance nations are authoritarian states, at minimum. Some universe with space boats and all that. Maybe he'll get to meet the gods today. Yet the real nature of this all remains to be discovered.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 am

Olimpiada wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:
HCU

The individual showed a sense of thought which many present lacked. They were unconcerned with the intricacies of diplomacy, instead choosing to behave like angry children for the most part. They were creatures of anger and passion, while the one who approached him did so with a cool and restrained attitude. Then again, not having the social ability of a grumpy twelve year old did mean that he lacked any meaningful authority in the area, which did disappoint Avenius. Getting someone on his side with actual power in the area was a good thing, albeit unlikely.

HCU

"Schelman, Eyling. Hallegian Directive Council." I chose to not specify my role. I smiled, lightened myself and reached for his hand, a moderate grasp. The man knows better people when he sees one. These chauvinists have high esteem and a good reason for it, I'll give them that. I weighed my options for the hour. I shouldn't let this good window of lightened shoulders be wasted on something unworthwhile.

We released ourselves from the gesture of trust.

Is it fine to smoke here?

A slight glance towards another person. Tribal attire. Funny face. The same arrogant look. He seems upset. At everyone. I probably noticed him look at me. Condescendingly, I'd say. Definitely my attire. I should've had something to stand out from these polehard, rhetorical Marxians. There's another, young woman. Seems ornate. Religious or royal, I'm leaning on the former. She seems fragile. Her unease slightly amused me. Should've stayed in the temple.

I snickered and returned to Avenius. "Don't be mistaken, we just happened to prefer wearing these. Suits take too much effort. Pretty old-fashioned too, but that's subjective." I jest, my eyes scanning towards his fashion. A bit too old fashioned, perhaps. "I read a bit about your people. Quite forward looking, I'd presume from it." I look around again. It's a shitshow. "Would you agree to that thought?"

Soyouso
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Soyouso » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:50 am

@Olimpiada
"Our way of life my be twisted to you, but it is sacred for us. Do not lump us in with idiots from the past who had no clue how to handle a country. We are doing what we know is best for our people, and we are in power because we do have the merit needed to handle that sacred responsibility. If we were as incompetent as you say because of our system, we would be gone from internal collapse. Clearly we must be doing something right even though we did not spew lies and slogans that won't be followed through with to our people to win a silly over-glorified class president election." Ah. It looks like the dictator's engines are warmed up. They're ready to defend their ideology.

"I'll have you know, authoritarianism - even totalitarianism, is not the evil machine people love to make it out to be. To use ourselves as an example, Soyousian fascism is not the evil ideology you think it is. It is our noble way of life, and of protecting it. Even before my ancestor King Basil Turnabout declared Soyouso would ascend by evolving from authoritarian monarchy to fascist dictatorship, we always held dear the ability to protect our people from those who want to destroy their dreams, their prosperity, their very lives. Our nationalism, where this nation comes first in everything we do, is for the best interest of it's people." They opened a journal, the one they've been updating for months.

"I'm penning my own manifesto, and have written the best wording for Soyousian fascism here. We are nationalist not by race, but by our culture and our desire to keep our nation prosperous. All classes have a purpose in our society, and instead of fighting or becoming one class, they collaborate for the common good, with each individual using what they are best at for an occupation that suits them. Every person, no matter how poor, of either sex, sexual orientation, race, age or whateverthefuck else, are in some way important to society. My people quite enjoy knowing this fact, that they are part of something bent on the common good. Their common good. You should see the joy and passion in their eyes during speeches and ceremonies. Do they sound like they're suffering to you?"

"I know what you're going to say. What if the corporations exploit workers? What if the aristocrats and fat cats hog cash without giving excess to the bank? What if the government officials and law enforcement are corrupt? Well, honey, that's where I come in." Turnabout points their gloved hand at themself. "My job is not sitting on a throne and looking beautiful, though I'm rather splendid at both. My job is to oversee all that goes on in Soyouso, to make sure that all law-abiding people have access to the means to improve their life, that the homeless have shelter, that the corporations obey safety regulation but have enough freedom to blossom, that people have the...-dare I say it, I'm gonna say it, cover your ears Overseer! - freedom, yes, fucking freedom to safely raise their families and live happily under a government that obsessively puts their needs first. Notice I said needs, not wants. Living under such a government, in my philosophy, is true freedom. My people don't want the faulty system of democracy, they want benevolent dictatorship, which I've given them. And if you want to say I forced them to say they love it, and oh, how you will, look at the smiles of the Soyousian people, observe their lives for yourself, see how their living conditions are well off. Then come and try to call me an abusive dictator." It was clear Turnabout meant what they said. The spark in their green eyes, it was clear they had true devotion to this cause.

"I know what you're going to say. 'Bu-bu-but the Libertarian Cooking!' Yeah, I know. So I got a little carried away in my method of execution of those who want to destroy everything past leaders and I have done for precious Soyouso. They were all treasoners, they would've been beheaded anyway. Those who dare try to destroy our beautiful way of life deserve their death. If they wanted to live in a democratic country, they should have left and went to one by immigration. I don't give a shit if they want democracy if they're not in my domain anymore harassing me while I'm trying to work. But when they disturb and hurt my people, that's when I SNAP and shit gets ugly. I won't contain my hatred for those who actively try to bring their 'I wanna do wuteva I want mom' immaturity to our country. We have ascended that and will never devolve into it. Death penalty is good for a stable society and entertainment." Turnabout was well known to have really bad anger issues caused by post traumatic stress disorder. That happens when you're a warlord.

"Now, you must be wondering. What if a future leader DOES abuse his or her or their power? Well," They flip to the back of the journal. They read. (I have to extend this to a second post)
Last edited by Soyouso on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soyouso
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Soyouso » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:06 am

Turnabout read their writing. "In the event that a leader of Soyouso should be incompetent, betray the doctrine of Soyousian fascism, or put their own selfish needs first, you must all collaborate and fucking kill the motherfucker. Don't go for an overdramatic torture or monologue. Just shoot them and begin the process of choosing the most passionate follower of this doctrine with the most military ability to be the new dictator. For I shall have passed on by the time this is even possible, my spirit will be with you in showing them to you." They shut the book. "I have done all things in my power to improve the life of my people. I will never see it as evil, because that is a blatant lie. Now, members of the alliance have different ideological ways of doing this, None of us will bend to your will just because you have a different opinion on how to do it. We will not disband, and we will not change our regimes." Turnabout finally finished. High Sacrificial Priest Selx clapped. This was why he so admired his leader so much.

Royal KaNgwane
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Royal KaNgwane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:18 am

Summit Venue

King Ngwane IV and his two bodyguards were in the room of the Royal Palace in KaNyamasane. In the blink of an eye, the odd contraption they held in their hand made them appear in the summit venue. King Ngawene VI was weirded out about how it worked, but the matter at hand was observing and participating in the summit. As they appeared, the King bowed to the rest of the delegates.

"Good evening, everyone. I am King Ngawane of the Kingdom of KaNgwane, it is an honor to be participating in this event." He said, before taking a seat. His two bodyguards, paratroopers from the KMF's Royal Parachutist Force, stood behind his chair, ready in case of any attempt on his life.

The King smiled at the rest of the delegates as he pulled out a notebook to note down any important details that he thought would be important.
Kingdom of KaNgwane

KaNgwane - A peaceful monarchy that is a nominally independent Bantustan of South Africa bordering Swaziland.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

>tfw to intelligent

Postby Victoriala II » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 am

Soyouso wrote:lmoo

HCU

That's the lengthiest pile of shit I've heard in a good while. The man's keeping me from having a good conversation with an esteemed antithesis.

"I've heard worse. This one's plain mediocre, at best. If I were a fascist shithog I'd rethink what I'll have to say. I'd suggest going away and revising it." I lean on his shoulder, leading him out. I gesture towards the rest of the room, the ocean of Leviathan. If Leviathan deprived himself of any nuance, that is.

"Say, why not go talk to the people near your wavelength? I'm sure they'd love to hear your erudite thoughts."
Last edited by Victoriala II on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates