NATION

PASSWORD

Horizon Academy: OOC | Always Open!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:25 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:What is the opinion on Power 'nullification'?

I ask, as there is a character, i might try to pull in, I havent been able to use him much in rps, aside from a couple academy rps and my own, but here goes.

The power is Superpower acquisition and evolution. It is basically a combination of Rogue's and Darwin's powers from Marvel comics, closest comparison i can think of.

The possessor of the power can 'acquire' the powers of others, nullify the victims power for a time and gaining it, If the power is suitable he can gain it or a facsimile of it permanently. However, it is not so cut and dry as it seems, for example, he must acquire other powers relate to a higher tier power, physically speaking, if he wanted superstrength he would have to both acquire peak human strength and then do the same for all the other physical aspects before acquiring the higher tier of any physical related power. He must strengthen his body and certain aspects, before he can acquire powers such as heat manipulation or electricity manipulation or such.

This is a surprisingly delicate process and the evolution of his body to maintain the Superpower gain take time, around 3 days if the power gain is not too drastic, if it is, then it will take longer and the recovery time will be longer still. With each acquisition his body and appearance change, to the form most optimal for the acquired traits. His ability does not work on artificial superpowers, such as those used by machinery and robots adn such, nor does it work on the traits of other species that can be considered superhuman, but are in fact simply biological quirks.

Thoughts? I have tried to clarify it and nerf it as best i can, without the ability being too useless.

Additionally, the Discord invite in the p has expired, at least for me.

Try this one: https://discord.gg/5A4M7Jb Also, Neros, use that one since it won't expire.

The nullification part of it seems redundant if it takes several days for the powers to take effect. But beyond that, it looks good.

It takes several days, for his body to evolve to keep the powers, but, when he takes the powers initially, during that timeframe is when the powers of the other person are nullified. As explained there are powers that he can take, but not keep, because his body has not or cannot evolve or be evolved to the point that that would be possible. So the nullification only takes effect when he initially 'acquires/steals' someones power, not during the evolution period afterwards, which only happens, when is to lose the power he acquired, and that is only if it is suitable.

New Neros wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:What is the opinion on Power 'nullification'?

I ask, as there is a character, i might try to pull in, I havent been able to use him much in rps, aside from a couple academy rps and my own, but here goes.

The power is Superpower acquisition and evolution. It is basically a combination of Rogue's and Darwin's powers from Marvel comics, closest comparison i can think of.

The possessor of the power can 'acquire' the powers of others, nullify the victims power for a time and gaining it, If the power is suitable he can gain it or a facsimile of it permanently. However, it is not so cut and dry as it seems, for example, he must acquire other powers relate to a higher tier power, physically speaking, if he wanted superstrength he would have to both acquire peak human strength and then do the same for all the other physical aspects before acquiring the higher tier of any physical related power. He must strengthen his body and certain aspects, before he can acquire powers such as heat manipulation or electricity manipulation or such.

This is a surprisingly delicate process and the evolution of his body to maintain the Superpower gain take time, around 3 days if the power gain is not too drastic, if it is, then it will take longer and the recovery time will be longer still. With each acquisition his body and appearance change, to the form most optimal for the acquired traits. His ability does not work on artificial superpowers, such as those used by machinery and robots adn such, nor does it work on the traits of other species that can be considered superhuman, but are in fact simply biological quirks.

Thoughts? I have tried to clarify it and nerf it as best i can, without the ability being too useless.

Additionally, the Discord invite in the Op has expired, at least for me.

Shall fix the discord. The idea seems good and balanced, I don't see much of a problem with it. One thing I'd include is that he'd slowly forget or unlearn powers as he uses them less, meaning he'd have to carefully select which traits to keep well trained and which to lose.

That was something i meant to add, that keeping and even using the powers once his body evolves to keep them, would require training and such.

Additionally, it might just be me, but it was expired/invalid. Here is my Discord handle and number, Shadowwell#5035.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Bahasia
Secretary

Founded: Jul 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bahasia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:38 am

Name: Aurelia Meyer.

Age: Her current form is 12 years old, but if her previous form was still alive today, it’d be 20.

Race: Aurelia used to be human, but at the moment, she's possessing the body of an endangered species of jellyfish-like humanoid. She used to have shapeshifting abilities, but lost them after being killed and eaten by the aforementioned jellyfish humanoid.

Appearance: With a soft, semi-transparent, and gelatinous form with a faint blue luminescence, Aurelia was the epitome of delicacy—and in both ways at that. An umbrella-like bell thinly veiled her pseudopod, being surpisingly firm and supple for something that resembled silk so much. A few particles—some bubbles, eyes, and semi-digested meat, nothing out of place—floated around in her body. Two pairs of white, glassy eyes were fixed in her “head,” their black pupils darting to and fro. When she crawled around on her slippery pseudopod, her tentacles—three on each side, slick with mucus and occasionally a deadly neurotoxin—would trail behind her. Like her tentacles, Aurelia’s entire body was covered with a thin layer of mucus. And of course, the occasional deadly neurotoxin. If only looks could kill.

Powers: Aurelia can possess bodies when she is killed. Although that is her only power, she is highly intelligent, and has acquired many useful abilities from the body she is possessing. She can use her prehensile tentacles to manipulate objects, can temporarily undergo anaerobic respiration when hungry, and can secrete neurotoxins from any part of her body at will. The effects depend on how angry or frightened she is, but typically result in seizures or paralysis. She does not need air to survive, and can live in water with temperatures between 40 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Entrance Exam: “In mere moments, all traces of fear and rational thought were washed away and replaced by a strange, slightly chilling sensation of joy and excitement that was all too familiar to her. It was the same sort of excitement that It felt when her life was ended, as well as the lives of many others. She knew it very intimately. Yet she was too blood-addled to care.

Aurelia waited patiently as the once-motionless robot whirred to life, lunging at her like the wounded wolf did in the pine forest that she’s never been in. She could almost smell the pointy pine needles scattered on the ground, the earthy scent of moss and soil, and the blood that slowly trickled onto the grass.

Of course, the robot was nothing like a wolf, much less a wounded one. Robots were repetitive. Predictable, even. A flurry of tiny knives flew out of its arms, scraping a few of her tentacles. Ducking to the ground, she slithered under the robot, hissing in pain at the loss of her limbs. Of course they'll grow back. They always do.

Her four remaining tentacles wrapped around its neck and squeezed with all their might. Its head popped off, and what remained of its neck was just a mass of wires and metal.

From behind the glass screen, the proctors raised their hands.

She sighed and dropped the wiggling headfruit of her labor.

Aurelia passed with flying colors."

Likes: Her interests include molding sculptures, learning about marine biology, collecting trinkets, and watching movies with friends and family. Eating was a pleasure for her, and after realizing that her new form could only digest meat, fish, and candy, she became extremely distressed.

Dislikes: She strongly dislikes getting stared at, accidentally getting things stuck in her torso, and swimming in warm saltwater.
Last edited by Bahasia on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:44 pm

I like it, Bah, I'll accept it. Be prepared for a character list soon, as most applications have looked fairly decent.

Spindle, Atria and I discussed your character at length and we decided to accept him based on what we can see of your writing ability. Just keep in mind that this is a college-level academy and that lovecraftian abominations aren't the norm. We trust that you can handle the character well and make it interesting.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Finally got around to finishing off the powers list.

Name: Maya Valeris

Race: Human

Appearance: Here. Has the 12 astrological symbols for the Zodiac sign on her neck, the Roman Numerals for each of the Major Arcana in two lines of 11 numerals on her back and the 4 Minor Arcana symbols on her elbows and knees. Whichever are currently active glow faintly, and her eyes glow briefly whenever she switches Zodiac or Arcana.

Powers: Maya's powers are derived from the Tarot and Zodiac of Earth's mysticism, with each of the Major Arcana, Minor Arcana and Zodiac Signs granting one or a small set of powers. Minor Arcana can be switched once every 24 hours, while Major Arcana can be switched once every week. Overrides do not count as a power change. If a Major or Minor Arcana change is not used, it is saved for later use. Zodiac Signs change when their period changes. Some powers do overlap, and if a multiple sets have the same power, that power becomes twice or thrice as strong, depending on if a second or all 3 of the Minor/Major Arcana and Zodiac sign have the power. The active Minor/Major Arcana and Zodiac sign also dictate her personality.

Capricorn: Grants the ability to the ability to evolve to optimally survive and fight in the current environment.
Aquarius: Grants ability to create water from nothing.
Pisces: Grants ability to breathe underwater, manipulate water and command any non-sentient aquatic species.
Aries: Grants enhanced physical strength.
Taurus: Grants enhanced physical endurance and enhanced stamina.
Gemini: Grants ability to create an exact clone, powers included (bar this one). She calls her clone Itza.
Cancer: Grants a nigh-unbreakable grip with her hands and supernatural fistfighting abilities.
Leo: Grants ability to assume a berserker state, during which natural reflexes, strength, stamina and endurance are massively enhanced in exchange for temporary loss of sanity.
Virgo: Grants the ability to regenerate from most injuries and heal the injuries of others via physical contact.
Libra: Grants enhanced dexterity and intelligence.
Scorpio: Grants ability to spit an extremely lethal acidic poison.
Sagittarius: Grants enhanced vision, the ability to track any prey (provided any trail is left) and supernatural marksmanship abilities.

0- Fool: Grants a supernatural sixth sense.
I- Magician: Grants ability to teleport herself and up to two others.
II- Priestess: Grants ability to heal others with physical contact, but not oneself.
III- Empress: Grants ability to sense living things nearby.
IV- Emperor (can only be used while fighting in a group): Grants ability to use mind control on anyone without powers and with a superior authority.
V- Hierophant: Grants supernatural charisma.
VI- Lovers (can only be used while fighting in a pair): Grants telepathy with the other member of the pair.
VII- Chariot (activates by itself while on/in a vehicle or while mounted): Grants mastery over whatever weapon is currently being wielded and absolute telekinetic control of the vehicle or mount.
VIII- Justice: Can manipulate the physical strength of others.
IX- Hermit (can only be used while fighting alone): Grants the ability to see through all illusions and immunity to the effects of other reality or perception-warping powers.
X- Wheel of Fortune (can only be activated by luck): Can give accurate % answers on any question that can be answered that way.
XI- Strength: Grants complete immunity to mental attacks and influences.
XII- Hanged Man: Grants ability to generate an unbreakable shield for a single second nearby.
XIII- Death: Grants the ability to manipulate bones.
XIV- Temperance: Grants healing powers and the ability to manipulate any liquid.
XV- Devil: Grants ability to sense emotional weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
XVI- Tower (activates by itself on verge of disaster, overriding existing Major Arcana): Grants the ability to know how to kill anything.
XVII- Star (can only be used at night): Grants ability to induce a state of calm in others.
XVIII- Moon (can only be used at night): Grants ability to manipulate dreams.
XIX- Sun (can only be used during the day): Grants ability to generate light.
XX- Judgement: Grants ability to bind targets.
XXI- World: Grants ability to transfer life energy between targets.

Cups: Grants extreme empathy.
Swords: Grants supernatural swordsmanship skills and the physical ability to use them.
Pentacles: Grants ability to use healing powers.
Wands: Grants ability to teleport herself and up to two others.

Entrance Exam:

Maya gave the room, or, well, perhaps arena would be a better term, only the barest of glances. Roughly 50 meters by 50 meters. Square. Good. She had room to maneuver. She gave the room's other occupant, a deactivated robot, the barest of glances before a cocky grin formed on her face as she drew her sword from where it hung on her back. To pretty much anyone else, it would have been wildly impractical; a zhanmadao, which was longer than she was tall.

To her, it was the best weapon she could wield in any fight. The robot activated. She gave one last check over what she had active. Leo, obviously. She couldn't change that, but it was fine for this situation. Major Arcana had been more difficult, but she'd opted for VIII-Justice for the extra strength. Minor Arcana was obviously Swords. She stretched her neck. It'd been a while since she'd fought anyone properly. Hopefully it'd be a challenge.

"Begin." An artificial voice announced.

The robot activated.

Maya roared, activating Leo's power. A haze filled her vision, and she charged. 50 meters was quite a distance, easily enough for the robot to identify it's opponent, the screaming ball of sword-wielding fury rapidly closing in on its position. It charged in response. They met in the middle of the arena. Maya leapt, aiming to bring her zhanmadao down in a single decisive blow on the top of the robot.

The robot's power activated, and Maya was slammed to the floor. She released Leo's power, sanity and rationality returning. Huh. Gravity control. Well, at least it'd be a good challenge. She swapped out VIII- Justice for I- Magician, the VIII on her back darkening, the I lighting up. That was her daily change used. She had others saved, but this shouldn't take more than one, and a bit of strategy.

The robot had turned, and re-acquired her position. She vanished, blinking out of existence, before re-appearing on the shoulders. Where she'd aimed to be earlier. She raised her sword. She activated Leo, the extra strength flooding back into her muscles. The sword descended, breaking through the robot's shell, slamming down through metal and wiring before she leapt back, withdrawing her sword from the wound she left.

The robot collapsed. Evidently she'd severed something vital somewhere, or it was programmed to go down after a while. She hmphed, sheathing her sword over her back. Perhaps she'd been expecting too much, but, well, there was only so much a robot could ever do.

Optional!

Likes: Depends on the combination of Zodiac Sign, Major Arcana and Minor Arcana currently being used.

Dislikes: Depends on the combination of Zodiac Sign, Major Arcana and Minor Arcana currently being used.

Tropes:

Name: Iona Valeris

Appearance: Here.

Powers: Iona can transmute inanimate matter into antimatter and vice versa. She can manipulate her created antimatter to form weapons, stabilise it so it doesn't cause an annihilation reaction immediately and destabilise any antimatter she has transmuted at will so that it does cause an annihilation reaction. Iona can also manipulate the power of uncontrolled annihilation reactions, containing the energy released to a particular area and direction with a field that absorbs the energy from the reaction, transferring it back to Iona for use in transmuting more matter into antimatter. Even with the transfer of energy from her annihilation reactions, Iona is limited to being able to transmute 1kg of matter into antimatter and vice versa every two hours, and she can only render a maximum of 25kg of antimatter stable at any given time. 25kg of antimatter is nothing to be sniffed at, however, as if set off all at once it holds a total yield of 1075 megatons of TNT concentrated into a 10 foot wide sphere.

These fields can only absorb the energy produced by an annihilation reaction, and Iona can only create two of them at any given time; one which is locked in place as a cylinder around herself, the second which can take any shape or form as long as it can fit in a sphere with a 5-foot diameter centered on the antimatter causing the reaction. Different shapes allow for more precise and devastating direction of energy at the cost of affecting a smaller, more precise area.

Entrance Exam: Iona ran over her weapons one last time as she entered the room. Three spears, one in each hand, a third tucked under her arm. Six knives in her belt, another four in a bandoleer, two more in her boots. Twelve knives in total. All stabilised antimatter. She dropped the spears from her hands onto the floor, and let the third spear fall from where it was tucked under her arm.

Her knives would be enough. If she had to use a spear Maya would never let her live it down.

"Begin." An artificial voice spoke.

She opened with her knives, drawing two from her belt and in one smooth motion throwing them at the robot. Her power was all about the alpha strike; hit first, hit hard enough so they can't get back up. The knives struck the robot at it rose to its full height, the only sound the brief howl of vacuum as matter within the knives' fields was annihilated, the roar of the explosion contained by her fields. The robot was still active, although now sporting two clean holes through its head. She could see the light coming through the other side.

Evidently she hadn't hit anything vital enough to cause it to shut down. Two more knives flew out, two more holes. The robot moved forwards. Still active.

Eight knives left.

She threw another two, aiming for an arm.

They struck home at the joint and the arm went limp, but the robot still advanced. Likely not in range to use its power.

Six knives left.

The next two slammed into a leg before detonating. The leg wobbled, before collapsing, power gone. The robot continued to claw forwards, closing ever so slowly.

Four knives left.

The next two went straight into it's 'eyes' or what looked to be eyes. It kept advancing, blindly crawling towards where she was.

Two knives left. After this she'd be down to her spears.

The robot finally slumped, deactivated.

Hurrah. Victory. She reclaimed her spears and left the room. She'd need to reform the knives she'd expended.

Optional!

Likes: Her sister, depending on the combination of Arcana and Zodiac signs. Action movies. Decent fast food. Technology and building things. Itza, for the month that she's around each year. A good strategy or plan. Sleep and being lazy.

Dislikes: Her sister, depending on the combination of Arcana and Zodiac signs. Those who think they're better than her. Recklessness and/or general incompetence. Being disturbed while being lazy or sleeping.

Tropes:
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:39 pm

If the entrance exam is optional, then I may be done for now.
Character Application:
Name: Pierce (as she named herself), or Alpha.

Race: A Nameless, Deceased People.

Appearance:

Powers:
  • Telepathy: As a natural trait of her species,
    she is capable of sending meaning and words directly into the minds of others. The only issue is that she cannot receive from those other than telepaths.
  • Invisibility: An ability gifted to her by the shards while adrift, she gained the ability to bend electromagnetic wavelengths around her body. It acts as a reactive ability when she is threatened, but has the potential to be controlled. While invisible, she still gives off infrared wavelengths and displays a level of distortion as the visible spectrum is bent around her, making it look like a heat mirage.
  • Light Manipulation: Along with her newfound tendency to vanish when startled, she found herself capable of manipulating light in various other ways. She could create invisible barriers so packed with photons that almost anything in contact with them dissolves into a plasma, or create platforms that she could walk on with the assistance of the Alpha. Focusing, bending, and redirecting these various frequencies is all within the realm of reality for her. The only issue is that she cannot create light from nothing, weakening this ability in dark, cold areas.
  • Alien Prosthesis: After a severe accident to test the limits of her physical capabilities, she unfortunately lost her right arm. In response to this, a replacement was quickly grafted onto the remains.
  • Cybernetic Enhancements: There are limits to biology, and her race understood that with their proficiency in gene manipulation. Conductors were grafted to her bones, artificial muscles were put in place,
    and her neural network was given a series of shortcuts to make her just that much faster.
  • The Alpha: Similar to nanomachines, a metallic substance exists throughout her body, and is one of the most important enhancements that have ever been made to her body. It is capable of enhancing the neural network that is her brain, becoming a part of it, expanding her mental capabilities. Alongside this, it can create necessary bypasses if any important arteries are ruptured, temporarily replace damaged tissue in her organs, seal bleeding wounds, (But it in no way heals her. Without proper medical attention, death is unavoidable) and create a number of constructs on or separate from her body.

Entrance Exam:

She walked into the room, feeling her heart skip a beat as the door behind her closed. The arena was rather plain, made mostly of concrete stained and scorched from examinee's before her. On the opposing side stood an idle machine, waiting for a simple voice command to begin its onslaught against the potential student.

Reluctantly, she took a stance that felt natural, with her robotic arm primed to strike when need be. There she waited, taking multiple deep breaths to steady herself.

Then the voice came, thundering throughout the room. It was cold, mechanical as it declared one word, "Begin."

Across the room, the machine hummed to life and began to move. It approached her, its cold "eyes" locked on her, analyzing her, identifying her powers and predicting her moves. Then it lunged, planting a metallic fist into her abdomen.

She stumbled back, coughing, for just a moment. She lost her breath, but if she faltered now it would mean a quick victory for the machine and she wasn't one to give up. In an instant, the prosthetic that replaced her arm was planted against the side of the machine, launching it into one of the concrete walls.

But, despite the scent of burning silicon and a deep dent in the side of the machine, it got to its feet and limped toward her. It was twitching, internal fans attempting to cool the hardware compensating for the damages.

She, too, had been analyzing the machine, and there is only so much that redundancy can do. So, she let it approach her in its futile attempt to defeat her, only to deliver another devastating blow to its head and leave it to short-circuit.

Optional!

Likes: Humanity, Self-Improvement, Sweet foods, knowledge, and adrenaline.

Dislikes: Small Cats, Death, the guilt that sits on her chest, electromagnetic fields, and being manipulated.

Tropes:
Last edited by Sky-TheLandOfNekos on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Lanternton
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanternton » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Lanternton wrote:Name: Alfred

Appearance: Alfred, or Alfie as he goes by, is a young man of below-average stature who is not particularly muscled nor particularly pretty. While he is clearly fit, he is by no means one of the "human weapons" that are consistently inducted by the Horizon Academy. His hair is a light brown, bordering on a coppery color in a rather disobedient mop of curls that persistently falls over his peculiar golden eyes. His skin is almost luminescent, as if he'd never been exposed to sunlight prior to arriving at the Academy. Typically dressed in simple garb, consisting of a jacket, boots, and a set of brown pants, his facade is remarkably deceptive. His nose is almost perpetually bandaged and set, as it is often the first thing that gets punched and hurt in his numerous fights. On his back is a massive tattoo of unknown origin depicting what almost appears to be a tree made of wings.

Powers: Alfie is not a particularly special character--he is not strong, nor fast. Nor is he magically talented or blessed with an incredible mind or weapons of incalculable power. He has been given a single blessing: the strength to endure. Alfie's body is something of a miracle--it can take an inordinate amount of punishment that would kill lesser folk. As the beating persists, his golden eyes begin to glow brighter and brighter until the energy that has been "input" into his body is "output" an identical amount of joules. This energy seems to decay at a rather rapid rate, and at a "full charge" it takes approximately a minute and a half for his body to wind down and return to a stand-by state. It is worth noting that this does not negate the damage that the "input" deals to him, though it's affects are negated by his rather legendary constitution and durability.

Entrance Exam: Before him stood a rather standard looking combat drone. It's build and make suggested use in some kind of martial arts dojo, as it held a traditional wooden staff, and oddly it had a black belt tied around its waist. Alfie began his warm-up stretches as the robot followed it's ceremonial programming and did a pre-match bow. As Alfred's last knuckle of his last finger popped, a voice blared over an unseen intercom. "Exam begins."

Immediately the bot adopted a traditional kung-fu style pose as Alfred quickly raised his own fists into a kickboxing stance. For a brief moment, the entirety of the examination room was still. The serenity was shortly broken as the robot began a series of strikes that didn't quite match any sort of standard kung-fu. The stance had been a ploy, thought Alfie as the first blow of the flurry struck his guard. The robot was strong, as expected of an examiner of Horizon. The boy's eyes steadily grew in brightness as each strike with the wooden pole slammed into his guard. The synthetic shifted it's attacks lower, swatting at his abdomen rather than his face. Each blow left a rather nasty bruise beneath his shirt--he'd discarded his red jacket shortly prior to the fight beginning. Normally cheerful eyes had hardened into a glowing golden steel. Alfred dropped to one knee, ducking just beneath the robot's newest hail of blows. At this point, the bot's movements had become too fast for the eye to see, becoming a blur of titanium allow and oaken wood. Now, Alfie, who'd weathered the assault, went on the offensive. His eyes glowed like miniature suns, but they already began to dim.

In one fluid movement, his leg shot out from beneath him in a swipe. The wiry limb crashed into a metal shin, and the robot began to topple. If surprise could manifest in an automaton's circuitry, there could be no other emotion. As confusion and calculations ran at lightspeed through the robots positronic brain, a fist smashed down into its steely face, shattering its visual receptors and cracking the faceplate of alloy, rated to withstand any normal fighter. As the bot slammed into the ground, Alfred wasted no time, his eyes visibly dimmed after his previous assault. He wrapped the robot into a facelock with little difficulty, and with a wave of inhuman strength lifted it into the air above him. The robot finished processing this information. It was upside down in a front face-lock. It knew what happened next. A suplex.

With a mighty crash, both boy and bot slammed into the metallic flooring. Alfred stood quickly, faster than the struggling, blinded automaton. He rose and with a mighty kick to the robot's temple, took the upper half of the cranial plate off. The fight was over, as the examiner sparked, limp on the floor with only half of a cranium. With his charge depleted, Alfie gave himself a moment to breath before actually examining his wounds. As he had expected, his sides were rather battered, as was his back. A steady stream of red blood flowed down from his forehead where the bot had swatted him with the staff during one of the flurries he'd endured. His knuckles also bled, and his own shin was rather bruised from where he tripped the bot up. None of it mattered though, as the intercom blared again.

"Exam over, pass. Welcome to Horizon Academy, Alfred..?"

He looked up at the one of the few cameras dotted around the room, and smiled as he collected his jacket.

"Just Alfred."

Optional!

Likes: Alfred likes sweets, meats, the sky and smooth jazz.

Dislikes: Alfie doesn't really like enclosed spaces. Or snakes. Or any kind of reptile, really--something about the way of slither around, he thinks.

Tropes: Catch and Return, Attack Reflector

It has been done.
Formerly known as Shyluz, so add ~7000 posts.
Shylant Green, the best cracker for the starving RPer!
*Ingredients cannot be disclosed at this time.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:If the entrance exam is optional, then I may be done for now.
Character Application:

Appearance:
(Image)

Powers:
    she is capable of sending meaning and words directly into the minds of others. The only issue is that she cannot receive from those other than telepaths.
  • Invisibility: An ability gifted to her by the shards while adrift, she gained the ability to bend electromagnetic wavelengths around her body. It acts as a reactive ability when she is threatened, but has the potential to be controlled. While invisible, she still gives off infrared wavelengths and displays a level of distortion as the visible spectrum is bent around her, making it look like a heat mirage.
  • Light Manipulation: Along with her newfound tendency to vanish when startled, she found herself capable of manipulating light in various other ways. She could create invisible barriers so packed with photons that almost anything in contact with them dissolves into a plasma, or create platforms that she could walk on with the assistance of the Alpha. Focusing, bending, and redirecting these various frequencies is all within the realm of reality for her. The only issue is that she cannot create light from nothing, weakening this ability in dark, cold areas.
  • Alien Prosthesis: After a severe accident to test the limits of her physical capabilities, she unfortunately lost her right arm. In response to this, a replacement was quickly grafted onto the remains.
  • Cybernetic Enhancements: There are limits to biology, and her race understood that with their proficiency in gene manipulation. Conductors were grafted to her bones, artificial muscles were put in place,
    and her neural network was given a series of shortcuts to make her just that much faster.
  • The Alpha: Similar to nanomachines, a metallic substance exists throughout her body, and is one of the most important enhancements that have ever been made to her body. It is capable of enhancing the neural network that is her brain, becoming a part of it, expanding her mental capabilities. Alongside this, it can create necessary bypasses if any important arteries are ruptured, temporarily replace damaged tissue in her organs, seal bleeding wounds, (But it in no way heals her. Without proper medical attention, death is unavoidable) and create a number of constructs on or separate from her body.

Entrance Exam:

Optional!

Dislikes: Small Cats, Death, the guilt that sits on her chest, electromagnetic fields, and being manipulated.

Tropes:

The Entrance Exam is not optional.

Lanternton wrote:
Lanternton wrote:Name: Alfred

Appearance: Alfred, or Alfie as he goes by, is a young man of below-average stature who is not particularly muscled nor particularly pretty. While he is clearly fit, he is by no means one of the "human weapons" that are consistently inducted by the Horizon Academy. His hair is a light brown, bordering on a coppery color in a rather disobedient mop of curls that persistently falls over his peculiar golden eyes. His skin is almost luminescent, as if he'd never been exposed to sunlight prior to arriving at the Academy. Typically dressed in simple garb, consisting of a jacket, boots, and a set of brown pants, his facade is remarkably deceptive. His nose is almost perpetually bandaged and set, as it is often the first thing that gets punched and hurt in his numerous fights. On his back is a massive tattoo of unknown origin depicting what almost appears to be a tree made of wings.

Powers: Alfie is not a particularly special character--he is not strong, nor fast. Nor is he magically talented or blessed with an incredible mind or weapons of incalculable power. He has been given a single blessing: the strength to endure. Alfie's body is something of a miracle--it can take an inordinate amount of punishment that would kill lesser folk. As the beating persists, his golden eyes begin to glow brighter and brighter until the energy that has been "input" into his body is "output" an identical amount of joules. This energy seems to decay at a rather rapid rate, and at a "full charge" it takes approximately a minute and a half for his body to wind down and return to a stand-by state. It is worth noting that this does not negate the damage that the "input" deals to him, though it's affects are negated by his rather legendary constitution and durability.

Entrance Exam: Before him stood a rather standard looking combat drone. It's build and make suggested use in some kind of martial arts dojo, as it held a traditional wooden staff, and oddly it had a black belt tied around its waist. Alfie began his warm-up stretches as the robot followed it's ceremonial programming and did a pre-match bow. As Alfred's last knuckle of his last finger popped, a voice blared over an unseen intercom. "Exam begins."

Immediately the bot adopted a traditional kung-fu style pose as Alfred quickly raised his own fists into a kickboxing stance. For a brief moment, the entirety of the examination room was still. The serenity was shortly broken as the robot began a series of strikes that didn't quite match any sort of standard kung-fu. The stance had been a ploy, thought Alfie as the first blow of the flurry struck his guard. The robot was strong, as expected of an examiner of Horizon. The boy's eyes steadily grew in brightness as each strike with the wooden pole slammed into his guard. The synthetic shifted it's attacks lower, swatting at his abdomen rather than his face. Each blow left a rather nasty bruise beneath his shirt--he'd discarded his red jacket shortly prior to the fight beginning. Normally cheerful eyes had hardened into a glowing golden steel. Alfred dropped to one knee, ducking just beneath the robot's newest hail of blows. At this point, the bot's movements had become too fast for the eye to see, becoming a blur of titanium allow and oaken wood. Now, Alfie, who'd weathered the assault, went on the offensive. His eyes glowed like miniature suns, but they already began to dim.

In one fluid movement, his leg shot out from beneath him in a swipe. The wiry limb crashed into a metal shin, and the robot began to topple. If surprise could manifest in an automaton's circuitry, there could be no other emotion. As confusion and calculations ran at lightspeed through the robots positronic brain, a fist smashed down into its steely face, shattering its visual receptors and cracking the faceplate of alloy, rated to withstand any normal fighter. As the bot slammed into the ground, Alfred wasted no time, his eyes visibly dimmed after his previous assault. He wrapped the robot into a facelock with little difficulty, and with a wave of inhuman strength lifted it into the air above him. The robot finished processing this information. It was upside down in a front face-lock. It knew what happened next. A suplex.

With a mighty crash, both boy and bot slammed into the metallic flooring. Alfred stood quickly, faster than the struggling, blinded automaton. He rose and with a mighty kick to the robot's temple, took the upper half of the cranial plate off. The fight was over, as the examiner sparked, limp on the floor with only half of a cranium. With his charge depleted, Alfie gave himself a moment to breath before actually examining his wounds. As he had expected, his sides were rather battered, as was his back. A steady stream of red blood flowed down from his forehead where the bot had swatted him with the staff during one of the flurries he'd endured. His knuckles also bled, and his own shin was rather bruised from where he tripped the bot up. None of it mattered though, as the intercom blared again.

"Exam over, pass. Welcome to Horizon Academy, Alfred..?"

He looked up at the one of the few cameras dotted around the room, and smiled as he collected his jacket.

"Just Alfred."

Optional!

Likes: Alfred likes sweets, meats, the sky and smooth jazz.

Dislikes: Alfie doesn't really like enclosed spaces. Or snakes. Or any kind of reptile, really--something about the way of slither around, he thinks.

Tropes: Catch and Return, Attack Reflector

It has been done.

Looks good amigo. Accepted!

Lanternton
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanternton » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Neat-o. Now to examine other apps. :)
Formerly known as Shyluz, so add ~7000 posts.
Shylant Green, the best cracker for the starving RPer!
*Ingredients cannot be disclosed at this time.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Lanternton wrote:Neat-o. Now to examine other apps. :)

One minor thing. What's Alfred's last name.

Please do not say "Unknown" or anything similar.

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Lanternton wrote:Neat-o. Now to examine other apps. :)

One minor thing. What's Alfred's last name.

Please do not say "Unknown" or anything similar.

It's Doe. At the end of the series, we learn he's actually a giant sentient linguini monster.
Last edited by Doughertania on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

WHYYYY II
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY II » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:04 pm

Name: Jack Fischer

Appearance: Image Green eyes, less angry-looking. Around 6'2", very thin. Waifish appearance.

Powers:
Mist Manipulation: Jack can create and manipulate mist, fog, and steam. He can also determine the temperature of the clouds he creates, ranging from so cold it quickly freezes to boiling hot. This ability could potentially be trained and honed to full water/ice manipulation.
Mist Form: Jack can turn into a thin, hard-to-see cloud of mist, making him immune to most attacks. He can move in this state and reform to a human at will, but being dispersed could force him back into human form, or severely injure him if he is dispersed too much.

Entrance Exam: Jack slowly walked into the large testing room. He stayed near the door as the heavy metal gate slid shut behind him. Jack warily looked around the room. The square testing chamber was very open, with plain white walls made with panels of a smooth, plastic-like substance. The room was somewhat dim, with only a few lights overhead. The area was immaculate, not a scuff, stain, or speck of dirt to be seen on the polished concrete floor. The room was barren and empty, with the exception of a large, humanoid metal figure standing in the precise center of the floor. Standing at about 7 feet tall, the silvery, almost skeletal-looking robot loomed in menacing silence. Motors, springs, and cables coiled around bones of steel, and coppery pipes connected a large tank inside its chest to several nozzles on its hands and arms. It didn't appear to be on, except for the low, eerie hum coming from deep within it.

Jack tensed up. With a start, the robot's head raised, revealing two glowing red eyes. The robot seemed to flex its joints as if stretching, and slowly began turning around the room. The training robot's searing vision locked onto Jack. He quickly evaporated into mist, his flesh and clothes fading into a thin cloud, but it was too late. The robot raised its right arm, and the nozzles on its hand flared to life. With a hellish roar, a jet of fire rushed towards Jack. Jack attempted to fly upwards, and rode the updraft of hot air until he was safely out of the way. Confused by his vanishing, the automaton lowered its arm and began walking about the room, searching intently for the man. Jack condensed his body back into human form behind the robot, and as he did so, he created thick clouds of mist around him, protecting him from being spotted as the machine whirled around. Though it couldn't see Jack, it could hear his footsteps. It raised an arm, and Jack barely had time to fling himself to the ground before tongues of fire lashed out over him. He could feel the heat scorching his back, and looked up in fear as his protective cloud of fog was blown away by the fire. Jack evaporated again and fled to a corner of the room to make a plan.

Okay, so I have to defeat this guy... That's the test, right? Jack couldn't afford to lose. A plan began to form in his head. He condensed right behind the robot, and as the machine turned around, Jack raised his hands and doused it in ice-cold mist. The cloud was such a low temperature the water began to freeze directly to the robot's body, forming a thick sheet of ice. The android's movements slowed and it could no longer move its arms. Jack kept up the attack, building a thicker and thicker layer of ice over the machine. Motors squealing in protest, the robot freed one of its arms, aimed it at Jack, and fired.

I'm dead. Jack dove out of the way, trying to evaporate at the same time, but flames scorched his left hand. He quickly flew off in pain. He materialized on the robot's other side, where its free arm couldn't aim at him. The machine quickly realized where Jack had moved to, and started using its free arm to break the ice off of itself. Jack ran up to the robot's back, reached past its armor plates, and started grabbing whatever wires he could and began yanking them out. The robot began writhing in protest, but eventually its arm slackened and fell to its side as Jack pulled out a thick, central cable and threw it to the floor. The robot's humming stopped, and the red light in its eyes died out. Jack took a step back, nervously eyeing the robot and panting heavily. That's it, right? I can't take any more of this. He had stretched his powers much further than he ever had, and he was exhausted. The door slid open again, and light poured out from the corridor. Several silhouetted figures awaited him. "Jack Fischer, please come with us," one of them said.
He followed.

Optional!

Dislikes: Open spaces, being the center of attention, loneliness

Tropes: No.
Last edited by WHYYYY II on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Also I finished the app.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:If the entrance exam is optional, then I may be done for now.
Character Application:

Appearance:
(Image)

Powers:

Entrance Exam:

Optional!

Tropes:

Lanternton wrote:
It has been done.

I am confused by the structure of this App.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.

Theme Song

Doughertania
Negotiator

Postby Doughertania » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:

I am confused by the structure of this App.

What're you confused by?

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Doughertania wrote:
Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:I am confused by the structure of this App.

What're you confused by?

Optional!
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

I greet you, human.

Theme Song

Doughertania
Negotiator

Postby Doughertania » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Doughertania wrote:What're you confused by?

Optional!

Everything below Optional is just that, optional. So that would be the Likes, Dislikes, and Tv Tropes. Everything above it is mandatory.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:50 pm

Doughertania wrote:
Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:Optional!

Everything below Optional is just that, optional. So that would be the Likes, Dislikes, and Tv Tropes. Everything above it is mandatory.

Thank you for that clarification.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

I greet you, human.

Theme Song

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:42 pm

A race I plan to make when the APP comes out:
Male Reference
Female Reference 1
Female Reference 2

The Kaldari are an ancient race, one of the oldest star-faring species in the milky way galaxy. Their long lifespans have also contributed to their species longevity, capping out at about 1000. The Kaldari were once one of the most prevalent and powerful races in the galaxy, however a few generations ago their empire became severely diminished. Still a considerable force to be reconed with, they've since been eclipsed by the two newcomers: The Humans and the Draquini.

The Kaldari have blue skin, horns and a small forked tail, looking comparable to demons from earth mythology. They also have the unique benefit of teeth which can transform from human looking teeth to sharp carnivorous teeth.

The Kaldari reached the heights of power that they did because of Three things: Their near unparalleled star fleet, their skill in the game of politics and their ability in convincing other races to assimilate to their way of life. Kaldari dreadnoughts and fighter aces are as well known as Kaldari ambassadors and diplomats. A lot of Kaldari are as ambitious as they are well spoken, and it does help that many species find them naturally charming. Their one weakness is their tendancy to play the game too well. While few would accuse a Kaldari of being a liar (One of the few things that will cause a Kaldari to loose his or her cool is attacks on their credibility) there is rarely a time when they are not suspected of having more than one motive.

Kaldari are ruled by a constitutional Monarchy with a parliament. The Kaldari may be an aging tiger, but they still have bite left in them.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Did that, I guess.

Character Application:
Name: Pierce (as she named herself, beyond an identification symbol see on her face), or Alpha.

Race: Va'al

Appearance:

Powers:
  • Transmission: She is capable of transmitting sounds and images as electromagnetic waves, which can interfere with audio systems and displays.
  • Light Manipulation: Along with her newfound tendency to vanish when startled, she found herself capable of manipulating light in various other ways. She could create invisible barriers so packed with photons that almost anything in contact with them dissolves into a plasma, or create platforms that she could walk on with the assistance of the Alpha. Focusing, bending, seeing, and redirecting these various frequencies is all within the realm of reality for her. The only issue is that she cannot create light from nothing, weakening this ability in dark, cold areas.

Entrance Exam:

She walked into the room, feeling her heart skip a beat as the door behind her closed. The arena was rather plain, made mostly of concrete stained and scorched from examinee's before her. On the opposing side stood an idle machine, waiting for a simple voice command to begin its onslaught against the potential student.

Reluctantly, she took a stance that felt natural, with her robotic arm primed to strike when need be. There she waited, taking multiple deep breaths to steady herself.

Then the voice came, thundering throughout the room. It was cold, mechanical as it declared one word, "Begin."

Across the room, the machine hummed to life and began to move. It approached her, its cold "eyes" locked on her, analyzing her, identifying her powers and predicting her moves. Then it lunged, planting a metallic fist into her abdomen.

She stumbled back, coughing, for just a moment. She lost her breath, but if she faltered now it would mean a quick victory for the machine and she wasn't one to give up. In an instant, the prosthetic that replaced her arm was planted against the side of the machine, launching it into one of the concrete walls.

But, despite the scent of burning silicon and a deep dent in the side of the machine, it got to its feet and limped toward her. It was twitching, internal fans attempting to cool the hardware compensating for the damages.

She, too, had been analyzing the machine, and there is only so much that redundancy can do. So, she let it approach her in its futile attempt to defeat her, only to deliver another devastating blow to its head and leave it to short-circuit.

Optional!

Dislikes: Small Cats, Death, electromagnetic fields, etc.

Tropes:
Last edited by Sky-TheLandOfNekos on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

I greet you, human.

Theme Song

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:48 pm

I humbly apologise to Atria for doing this anyway.

Name: “I've never been called anything other than SO-163, which stands for Sapient Organism 163. I'm enrolled under Polyvrachia, which seems like a nice enough name, though I'm not much of a qualified judge. I've taken Professor’s surname, so my full name is now Polyvrachia ‘Octavia’ Kurosawa, Octavia being my self-given nickname.”

Age: “I was told Professor’s records said I was 18 years of age.”

Race: “Human? At least that's the basis for my genome.”

Gender: “Female, so I'm now told. Professor merely referred to me as an ‘it’.”

Appearance:
Image“Believe it or not, this is my natural hair colour. Haven't the slightest clue what genes Professor played around with to make it work, but I guess it's less surprising once you've seen the rest of me.”
Image“I have lots of tops, as you can see. At least I can buy in bulk so it matches. Matching eight tops with one bottom would be a nightmare otherwise.”

Powers: “Obviously, I'm never at a shortage of extra hands to lend, but there are actual powers mixed in. Professor wanted me to be like a centipede, so I have poison fangs, can crawl up onto the ceiling, and have ocelli on my cheeks, which I suppose also don't count as powers for these purposes. I can, however, shoot spider silk from my first and second sets of hands, can see perfectly in the dark, and have Oxykinesis. Professor told me none were planned, but tried to teach me to use the abilities regardless, though I don't think there was much success other than with seeing in the dark.”

Entrance Exam: I entered the room to see nothing but a deactivated android. I consolidated myself, and awaited its activation with a nervous anticipation. Nothing in my life had yet come easy, but I always had the necessities. Hopefully, this challenge would be no different. The machine activated, and was soon running.

It then seemed to multiply, forming a circle in the arena. Luckily, with the sheer number of arms I had at my disposal, I was able to grab three of them with five of my arms, and slip them. As it would appear, the ones I'd chosen to attack first were clones which poofed into nonexistence upon being touched. Unfortunately, there still existed three, two of which produced knives.

Not knowing what to do, I rose so that my first four torsos were up in the air, leaving my most vital organs out of their reach. The two armed androids rushed towards me, and I then fired silk from my first four hands. This was enough to trip the two up, causing them to poof into nonexistence as well.

With no clones remaining, I could remain certain that I had the right one in sights. Unfortunately, that right one also happened to have produced a full-length sword while I was distracted with the others. It charged for my side, and I subconsciously sprayed acid when I turned to face it, corroding one of its leg joints. It fell forward, unfortunately grazing my left arm on my fourth torso, creating a scratch all the way down.

With the android more or less incapable of walking, I curled my own body around it, and pried the sword from its grip using no less than four of my hands. With the sword in hand, I used as a lever to pop its head off, putting the full weight of three of my torsos behind it. The head seemingly launched off, and I was provided entrance into Horizon Academy with a complementary patchwork of bandages for my wound. With any luck, I shall not be the only one here with an odd appearance, though I suppose I wouldn't be terribly unpleasantly surprised to find the contrary.

Optional!

Likes: “Well, I haven't been given much time to figure that out quite yet. I suppose I enjoy instrumental music from Earth, and the escargot Professor gave me on holidays was rather delicious. My favourite foods are usually soups, especially Ines with lots of meat. Helping people is nice too, especially when they thank you after.”

Dislikes: “Well, being stared at is inevitable but becomes a bit unpleasant after a while. Other than that, I don't care much for bright sunlight, since it makes my eyes hurt. Other than that, I guess I dislike uncomfortable clothes, which is sometimes unfortunate, since many don't fit quite right.”
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:I humbly apologise to Atria for doing this anyway.

Name: “I've never been called anything other than SO-163, which stands for Sapient Organism 163. I'm enrolled under Polyvrachia, which seems like a nice enough name, though I'm not much of a qualified judge. I've taken Professor’s surname, so my full name is now Polyvrachia Kurosawa.”

Appearance:
(Image)“Believe it or not, this is my natural hair colour. Haven't the slightest clue what genes Professor played around with to make it work, but I guess it's less surprising once you've seen the rest of me.”
(Image)“I have lots of tops, as you can see. At least I can buy in bulk so it matches. Matching eight tops with one bottom would be a nightmare otherwise.”

Powers: “Obviously, I'm never at a shortage of extra hands to lend, but there are actual powers mixed in. Professor wanted me to be like a centipede, so I have poison fangs, can crawl up onto the ceiling, and have ocelli on my cheeks, which I suppose also don't count as powers for these purposes. I can, however, shoot spider silk from my first and second sets of hands, can see perfectly in the dark, and have Oxykinesis. Professor told me none were planned, but tried to teach me to use the abilities regardless, though I don't think there was much success other than with seeing in the dark.”

Entrance Exam: I entered the room to see nothing but a deactivated android. I consolidated myself, and awaited its activation with a nervous anticipation. Nothing in my life had yet come easy, but I always had the necessities. Hopefully, this challenge would be no different. The machine activated, and was soon running.

It then seemed to multiply, forming a circle in the arena. Luckily, with the sheer number of arms I had at my disposal, I was able to grab three of them with five of my arms, and slip them. As it would appear, the ones I'd chosen to attack first were clones which poofed into nonexistence upon being touched. Unfortunately, there still existed three, two of which produced knives.

Not knowing what to do, I rose so that my first four torsos were up in the air, leaving my most vital organs out of their reach. The two armed androids rushed towards me, and I then fired silk from my first four hands. This was enough to trip the two up, causing them to poof into nonexistence as well.

With no clones remaining, I could remain certain that I had the right one in sights. Unfortunately, that right one also happened to have produced a full-length sword while I was distracted with the others. It charged for my side, and I subconsciously sprayed acid when I turned to face it, corroding one of its leg joints. It fell forward, unfortunately grazing my left arm on my fourth torso, creating a scratch all the way down.

With the android more or less incapable of walking, I curled my own body around it, and pried the sword from its grip using no less than four of my hands. With the sword in hand, I used as a lever to pop its head off, putting the full weight of three of my torsos behind it. The head seemingly launched off, and I was provided entrance into Horizon Academy with a complementary patchwork of bandages for my wound. With any luck, I shall not be the only one here with an odd appearance, though I suppose I wouldn't be terribly unpleasantly surprised to find the contrary.

Optional!

Likes: “Well, I haven't been given much time to figure that out quite yet. I suppose I enjoy instrumental music from Earth, and the escargot Professor gave me on holidays was rather delicious. My favourite foods are usually soups, especially Ines with lots of meat. Helping people is nice too, especially when they thank you after.”

Dislikes: “Well, being stared at is inevitable but becomes a bit unpleasant after a while. Other than that, I don't care much for bright sunlight, since it makes my eyes hurt. Other than that, I guess I dislike uncomfortable clothes, which is sometimes unfortunate, since many don't fit quite right.”

That's one way to do a human centipede.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

I greet you, human.

Theme Song

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:I humbly apologise to Atria for doing this anyway.

Name: “I've never been called anything other than SO-163, which stands for Sapient Organism 163. I'm enrolled under Polyvrachia, which seems like a nice enough name, though I'm not much of a qualified judge. I've taken Professor’s surname, so my full name is now Polyvrachia Kurosawa.”

Appearance:
(Image)“Believe it or not, this is my natural hair colour. Haven't the slightest clue what genes Professor played around with to make it work, but I guess it's less surprising once you've seen the rest of me.”
(Image)“I have lots of tops, as you can see. At least I can buy in bulk so it matches. Matching eight tops with one bottom would be a nightmare otherwise.”

Optional!

That's one way to do a human centipede.

Professor Kurosawa wanted a centipede person, but then watched the Dutch horror movie, and decided it'd be best to start from scratch.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:That's one way to do a human centipede.

Professor Kurosawa wanted a centipede person, but then watched the Dutch horror movie, and decided it'd be best to start from scratch.

Horrific. I like the concept.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

I greet you, human.

Theme Song

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Professor Kurosawa wanted a centipede person, but then watched the Dutch horror movie, and decided it'd be best to start from scratch.

Horrific. I like the concept.

Excellent. Perhaps Polyvrachia and Pierce will develop a beautiful friendship as a pair of unique beings.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:Horrific. I like the concept.

Excellent. Perhaps Polyvrachia and Pierce will develop a beautiful friendship as a pair of unique beings.

Pierce, the last of her kind. Polyvrachia, the human centipede.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

I greet you, human.

Theme Song

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse