NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:AND BEYOND - Comedy, Supers, Space -(OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Ahhhh too much stuff happenneeedddd.....

Uhh.....can someone introduce Hanson and I can post afterwards....?
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Skylus wrote:It is VERY obvious who I based Hasnon off of, but can you guess correctly?

I'll guess Beast from X-men who is also a blue beast... But without a pointy trident...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Nope.

Any other guesses?

The ginger hair should be a dead giveaway- who else can become a blue furred beast and have ginger hair?
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:33 am

Name: Yento Richardson
Codename: Colorswitch
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Normal: Like an average middle-aged guy
Superhero: Similar, but significantly thinner and with a uniform with a rainbow on it, but strangely the green stripe is slightly wider than the rest.
Bio: Grew up relatively normally, discovered his powers when he was 14 and ruined his camp's color war, learned to control his powers at the end of color war, continued normally until 20, became a guy wandering around taking random jobs and occasionally having his powers get out of hand
Powers: The ability to make things change colors
RP sample: Not entirely sure what this means; sorry.

Describe your abilities: I can make things change colors. Often green, as that's my favorite color.
Why did you become a superhero: I can't help that I have powers, and superhero is the best job I've had so far.
What are your goals for the future: Save the world, then get a better job.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?: His powers are essentially useless, and often, so is he.)
How would you describe your talents?: Mostly useless, occasionally surprisingly useful.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?: Is it not obvious?)
What are your strengths?: My powers.
What are your weaknesses?: My power's lameness.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?: Well, his parents gave him a fairly weird name. Oh yeah, and he loves color puns.)
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: Do it. Why not?
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?: They ignore him because why bother reporting on him.)

Also, I have a great line for a villain to use:
"The Infinites? More like the Finites! And you're about to fine-out just how dangerous I can be!
Last edited by Yatzatz on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Skylus wrote:Nope.

Any other guesses?

The ginger hair should be a dead giveaway- who else can become a blue furred beast and have ginger hair?

Babe the Blue Ox?

Think about it: we never see Babe in a human form. Babe could have ginger hair.

I don't know.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Yatzatz wrote:
Powers: The ability to make things change colors
RP sample: Not entirely sure what this means; sorry.

Hi Yatzatz -

Ok, first things first. This character's powers is exactly the same as one who also just entered. So for that reason, I'm going to have to decline this particular character. However, maybe there is another lame power that you can use. Like indestructible hair, perhaps. Not that the rest of the character is safe, but the hair is going to survive.

Second thing - When an app form is asking for an RP sample, it means it wants to see how you have written for other characters in other RPs. Usually, a person will submit a link to that place where you wrote. (This is done by right-clicking the small, tiny white box at the top left of a post. That will take you to a list where you can "copy the link"). Then, under the app form, simply paste the link. After this, select all the link and then click on the "URL" box at the top.

If you do not have any other RPs that you have written for, then you would just have to say that. If that is the case, then normally you would try to write a longer bio for the character to show your writing abilities.

I hope that helps. Please do look at different powers and that will be the best way to go from here. And take a look at the other characters in the cast list to see if you are not copying their lame powers. Sorry for any trouble.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Alright, I'm back.

Do I need to re-app?
And can someone catch me up?
Last edited by The Irish County of the Beare-Mor on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Theres way too much happening./.
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:32 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Alright, I'm back.

Do I need to re-app?

Hey Beare-Mor! Good to see you!

No, you do not have to re-app. I'll bring your old app from Lamest Heroes here. (EDIT - Mikhael is now on the cast page.)

Everyone, allow me to introduce Beare-Mor. He was with us a lot in the former Infinites arc, "The Lamest Heroes". His character is Mikhael, an inventor whose crowning achievement is his Kitten Cannon. And everytime he puts it together, it's always in a different way.

Catch-up - Don't listen to anyone that says too much has happened. We're just getting started.

Plot -
Radioactive uranium and technetium were found in large quantities beneath Orient (fyi, beneath the former Zeke Enterprises bldg of all things :D). Two prominent researchers, Drs. Rose N. Crantz and Gil Denstern, the leading experts in this field, were called to Orient to research this. The heroes went to a lecture by Drs. Crantz and Denstern. But they saw the villains beginning to attempt to steal the radioactive elements. The heroes tried to stop them (no fight). But an alien on a huge ship was coming to Earth. The alien sent a message delivery system (think of the old cans on a string telephone, only bigger and with an energy string and a silvery can). The alien introduced himself as Spasticus the Snarler, and told the whole planet that Earth had been signed up to participate in an alien intergalactic battle, and needed to send champions. Spasticus the Snarler took the radioactive elements (plus some radioactive thorium stolen by Blimp Man, and peanuts by Terry). Long story short - Spasticus has just arrived in his ship, The Squelch (which looks like a rickshaw with one large figure pulling it and another riding in it, but it's the size of Detroit), and is wanting to know who Earth's champions will be. Oh, and one more thing. Whoever loses these intergalactic battles will put their entire planet in slavery to the winner for 1000 years.

So there you go. Feel free to post. Mikhael has been with the heroes the whole time.

-Talc
Last edited by Talchyon on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Alright, I'm back.

Do I need to re-app?

Hey Beare-Mor! Good to see you!

No, you do not have to re-app. I'll bring your old app from Lamest Heroes here. (EDIT - Mikhael is now on the cast page.)

Everyone, allow me to introduce Beare-Mor. He was with us a lot in the former Infinites arc, "The Lamest Heroes". His character is Mikhael, an inventor whose crowning achievement is his Kitten Cannon. And everytime he puts it together, it's always in a different way.

Catch-up - Don't listen to anyone that says too much has happened. We're just getting started.

Plot -
Radioactive uranium and technetium were found in large quantities beneath Orient (fyi, beneath the former Zeke Enterprises bldg of all things :D). Two prominent researchers, Drs. Rose N. Crantz and Gil Denstern, the leading experts in this field, were called to Orient to research this. The heroes went to a lecture by Drs. Crantz and Denstern. But they saw the villains beginning to attempt to steal the radioactive elements. The heroes tried to stop them (no fight). But an alien on a huge ship was coming to Earth. The alien sent a message delivery system (think of the old cans on a string telephone, only bigger and with an energy string and a silvery can). The alien introduced himself as Spasticus the Snarler, and told the whole planet that Earth had been signed up to participate in an alien intergalactic battle, and needed to send champions. Spasticus the Snarler took the radioactive elements (plus some radioactive thorium stolen by Blimp Man, and peanuts by Terry). Long story short - Spasticus has just arrived in his ship, The Squelch (which looks like a rickshaw with one large figure pulling it and another riding in it, but it's the size of Detroit), and is wanting to know who Earth's champions will be. Oh, and one more thing. Whoever loses these intergalactic battles will put their entire planet in slavery to the winner for 1000 years.

So there you go. Feel free to post. Mikhael has been with the heroes the whole time.

-Talc

Cool, I'll post soon as this application finished downloading so this laptop isn't as slow.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:02 pm

So, it's been god no how long since I posted, but I just got one up.

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:10 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:So, it's been god no how long since I posted, but I just got one up.

Is it bad that this is what I imagine Mikhael and his kitten launcher to be like?

https://youtu.be/VXfKqhTRFBs?t=8s
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Inoroth wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:So, it's been god no how long since I posted, but I just got one up.

Is it bad that this is what I imagine Mikhael and his kitten launcher to be like?

https://youtu.be/VXfKqhTRFBs?t=8s

Think you may be a little wrong about that, but humorous clip nonetheless.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 am

Ok, redo of app.
Codename: Furman
Appearance: Like a normal middle-aged guy normally, but as a superhero like a guy with fur colored to look like a superhero uniform
Bio: Grew up normally till 14, discovered his powers, used them to prank people and do tricks at parties, at 22 moved to Orient, took various jobs till 29, discovered and joined the Infinites
Powers: To grow various kinds of fur
RP sample: viewtopic.php?p=31648058#p31648058

Describe your abilities: I can grow fur. It helps if, say, someone left the AC on for too long.
Why did you become a superhero: I didn't have much else to do.
What are your goals for the future: Save the world and get a better job.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?: He can't do much with growing fur.)
How would you describe your talents?: Helpful in the cold and at parties, otherwise useless.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?: He can't do much with growing fur.)
What are your strengths?: Growing fur.
What are your weaknesses?: Not being able to do much with it.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?: He has a fairly strange name. And he likes puns.)
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: Do it. I have no clue why I would be able to, but do it.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?: Why bother reporting on him?)
Hi!
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Yatzatz wrote:Ok, redo of app.
Codename: Furman
Appearance: Like a normal middle-aged guy normally, but as a superhero like a guy with fur colored to look like a superhero uniform
Bio: Grew up normally till 14, discovered his powers, used them to prank people and do tricks at parties, at 22 moved to Orient, took various jobs till 29, discovered and joined the Infinites
Powers: To grow various kinds of fur
RP sample: viewtopic.php?p=31648058#p31648058

Describe your abilities: I can grow fur. It helps if, say, someone left the AC on for too long.
Why did you become a superhero: I didn't have much else to do.
What are your goals for the future: Save the world and get a better job.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?: He can't do much with growing fur.)
How would you describe your talents?: Helpful in the cold and at parties, otherwise useless.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?: He can't do much with growing fur.)
What are your strengths?: Growing fur.
What are your weaknesses?: Not being able to do much with it.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?: He has a fairly strange name. And he likes puns.)
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: Do it. I have no clue why I would be able to, but do it.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?: Why bother reporting on him?)

Accepted! Welcome to the INFINITES!

In a few posts back, I posted a lot about the plot. Go back and reread that if you haven't been keeping up in the plot. That's because, Furman has been with the Infinites the whole time of the RP. (Even if you the player have not been.)

Oh, just so you know also, there's no profanity in this RP because they don't have any in the comics.

Thanks for re-applying. Glad to have you here.

-Talc

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:41 pm

Friends -

I have updated the superhero name pun game list with a few more. I added Malice from Beare-Mor's post, and I also had the Martian Manhunter from D.C. Comics in Glitch's long speech. If I am missing any, just let me know and I'll put it up there, too.

Soooo..... Any Infinites want to play Rock Paper Scissors?

-Talc

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:13 am

Hey, is Spasticus going to respond to Furman's question? Or is he just ignoring everything now?
Hi!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:45 am

Yatzatz wrote:Hey, is Spasticus going to respond to Furman's question? Or is he just ignoring everything now?

I'll have Spasticus' response soon. Seemed like we needed some extra time in case anyone wanted to reconsider being Earth's champions.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:45 am

Skylus wrote:Ahhhh too much stuff happenneeedddd.....

Uhh.....can someone introduce Hanson and I can post afterwards....?

In my post, Doc Bur-Ock nudged Mr. Pig and made some joke about Calculator's speech. So consider him introduced.

-Talc

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Gonna get a post tonight or tomorrow, depends on what time I get home from work.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:33 am

Talchyon wrote:
Yatzatz wrote:Hey, is Spasticus going to respond to Furman's question? Or is he just ignoring everything now?

I'll have Spasticus' response soon. Seemed like we needed some extra time in case anyone wanted to reconsider being Earth's champions.

It doesn't seem that they need time to reconsider, seeing as they're literally leaving it completely up to chance.
Hi!

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Alright, I suppose I'll get a post after work, as I fell asleep earlier and lost track of time.

Woops.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:45 am

TAG

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS AFTER MY THOUSAND YEAR BANISHMENT FROM A COMPUTER?!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:34 am

Whalestron wrote:TAG

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS AFTER MY THOUSAND YEAR BANISHMENT FROM A COMPUTER?!

Hey Whalestron! Good to see you!

So, would you like your old characters back? If so, you don't have to re-app. I'll just bring them over from Lamest Heroes. Or you can come up with new people. Your choice.

-Talc

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:36 am

Ill get a post up once I finish setting up the thread for a rp Im reviving.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse