NATION

PASSWORD

Horizon Academy: OOC | Always Open!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Horizon Academy: OOC | Always Open!

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Welcome one and all to Horizon Academy, a project between I (New Neros) and The Republic of Atria! We invite you to join our pet project in the works, where we intend to combine a slightly different academy-type setting within the frame of superpowered beings, both non-human and human alike. We are always open for applications, new ideas, additional lore, settings, and overall worldbuilding! You can always find a place in Horizon Academy, whether you're a student looking to grow strong, a teacher wanting to make others strong, a villain out to unravel the Academy from inside and out, or even a random person who has never even heard of Horizon Academy!

There is no limits as to what you can do in the roleplay, as long as it's well-written and agreed upon, our story will accommodate you! Why don't you join us for a discussion? Either drop a line on the OOC or pop into our Discord!

"We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction, that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon."

The World Until Now

The big bang did many things when bringing the universe into existence. It also created life. The first life was born of the strange energies from the event. Primordial ooze and exotic energies taking shape to form sapient creatures. Creatures of unspeakable power. Treating the restrictive laws of physics as mere suggestions. And for a time these creatures were happy. Alone, but happy. As time went on, they found their bodies weakened by the ravages of time and entropy. Even with the power they wielded they could not escape the eventuality of death. Many realized this and came to an agreement. Their deaths would be the end of life. And so they searched the universe for life coming across a tiny galaxy teeming with organic life. However it did not have intelligence, simply operating on instinct.

But there was the potential for life to grow. So the creatures gave their lives on these potential worlds, scattering shards of their body among the most intelligent of the lifeforms on the respective worlds. Their deaths were not in vain. Life did evolve and grow. Civilizations took hold and thus sentient and sapient life was born. Generations passed and the civilization began their attempts at leaving their terrestrial homes to venture into the stars. The shards of the long dead creatures felt the desire to expand beyond their home and as such, activated. Granting a not insignificant portion of the population the tiniest fraction of power that the first creatures had. Their abilities that allowed them to circumvent traditional physics or understand the laws in such a way that technology could carry them through the stars.

And so it was. The two dominant species of the Milky Way: Humanity and the Draquni carved out their homes among the violent galaxy. At first thinking they were alone, but one day that all changed when two fleets from the respective sides met each other. Understandably, both sides were simultaneously excited, wary, fearful, and many other conflicting emotions. First contact and even second, third and fourth, got off to a rocky start as translation errors and misunderstandings ensued. However with the kinks hammered out, there was a relatively functional peace. Both sides wanted to try and bolster good relations with the other and after many ideas were discussed and debated, an agreement was reached. Their young enhanced adults would attend a school unlike any other prior: Horizon Academy.

Both sides had superpowered protectors. And both sides were quite strict on their training. So why not have a group of promising aspiring trainees from both sides train side by side? On paper it was a good idea. In practice... It was a great idea. At first the students were wary of their alien counterparts, but once they found out the many things they had in common: Alcohol, beating the snot out of eachother, looking for sex, alcohol, getting into trouble with the teachers, competitive everything especially combat and did I mention alcohol? It didn't take long for the students to stop caring about race and instead caring about being the best protectors they could be.

However, the school quickly became a target for those seeking to injure and cripple the newly formed protectors, by targeting the school. However among the criminal underworld it was quickly discovered that attacking a school filled with superpowered young adults just looking for any reason to start a fight was not the brightest idea. After more than a few attacks on the school being repelled by bloodthirsty students the underworld decided that attacking the school was just asking to get people slaughtered, attacks slowed to maybe once a year by people bold enough to take the quickest route to becoming feared. Even if it is by far the most dangerous. Of course there was loss of life, more than a few students have lost their lives in these attacks, which Horizon immortalized in stone to further add to the fuel to the fire of the students.

You will be joining the 23rd class of Horizon. Two years of hardcore combat and power training await you. Make friends, train, fight, and become the best the galaxy has to offer!
Breaking these rules will result in myself or a Co-OP yelling at you to knock it off. We don't ban you outright unless you really decide to piss us and everyone off repeatedly. That said, the only rules I actually care about are the ones that keep up the quality in the IC thread.

• Standard NS rules. No Godmodding, Metagaming, being a jackass ect.
  • Keep it PG13
  • Three line minimum per post, a paragraph should suffice. Some exceptions for conversation, but try to condense them into one post on Google Docs or through telegrams.
  • The OOC is for debate, but not arguing.
  • The School Administration is not unbeatable but you shouldn't beat them on your own.
  • Fun is optional, Excellent writing is mandatory.
  • No Mary/Gary Sues/Stus! Everyone makes mistakes, even Neros.
  • OC's only! You can't be Zeus or Thor, or Superman or Spiderman! Be creative! Taking inspiration from them however, is fine.
  • Delete everything in parenthesis in your app! Or I will break your spine!
There is one small difference you’ll find in the app. Instead of a backstory, there will be a tab called Entrance Exam. Rather than you spilling the character’s life story right at the start, you’re going to write a fight scene between your character and a combat robot designed to test what you can and can’t do. You’re free to decide what powers the robot is using, and how you win. Remember, there’s more to winning a fight than brute force. Use it to try to demonstrate what your character knows and what they want to learn.

Character Application:
Code: Select all
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Race:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b] (Pics, or a detailed description is acceptable)

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Entrance Exam:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Optional![/u][/b]

[b][u]Likes:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Dislikes:[/u][/b]

[url=http://tvtropes.org/]Tropes:[/url]

Group Application:
[b][u]Group name:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Group Members: [/u][/b]

[b][u]What the Group does:[/u][/b]

Species Application:
[b][u]Race name:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Race standard/average appearance:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Homeworld name: [/u][/b]

[b][u]Lore:[/u][/b]
  • The Annihilators: The superpowered equivalent to scorched earth. Started by the Draquni a little over a decade ago and started accepting humans about four years ago. Whenever collateral damage and civilian lives are not an issue, these are typically the responders. They handle the big nasty threats with the toughest and most powerful members in the galaxy. Be you AI manufacturing an army of killbots or a malicious hivemind looking to expand, there is no such thing as "too big" a threat to these guys.
  • The Elite: Began as one of the first private hero groups, the Elite have grown to encompass much of human controlled space under their protective wing. Started with the ideas of freedom from tyranny and villainy, the Elite is a lumbering organization of diversified heroes and heroines whose flexibility in responding to threats is unmatched among the organizations. Many will end here, working for the common man on some unknown planetary chapter far from the real action.
  • The Shadows: By far the most enigmatic of the triumvirate of super groups, with neither side knowing who is responsible for starting it. Unlike the other two, they never show up to watch for potential recruits. Operating on a "we'll call you" recruitment plan, you'll know if they're interested in adding you to their ranks. Specializing in dealing with crime that would be difficult to punch to death, these people find corruption in just about every political position and major corporation in the galaxy and do their best to snuff it out.
  • The Government: Or rather, governments. A coalition founded by both species for the purpose of doing things not related to combat. Not everyone is cut out for the lifestyle the involves risking your life on a near day to day basis. These people excel in finding jobs for those not interested in the lifestyle that involves constant violence. Terrakinetics building homes, telepaths working as living lie detectors. That kind of stuff. While it’s not as glamorous, the pay is great, consistent, and the threat of getting yourself killed before your 30s is much, much lower.
  • The Draquni: Point of reference, Male Point of reference, Female | The other major race native to the Milky Way. Strong, noble, and powerful, these people are known for their tenacity. Matched only by the pure insanity put up by the humans. While friendly, they are nothing short of warriors. Violence usually is the answer in their minds. This has caused issues with inbreeding in the past, but has since been outlawed. Unfortunately, while space faring, they are mired by old traditions that have restricted their population growth. Courtship dictates that the person wanting to marry the son or daughter must physically fight one or both of parents to ensure the strength of the family. Which has only gotten worse since the addition of superpowers to the mix. Understandably more and more people are beginning to stop following the tradition just to make sure that their population is sustainable, but it still has a considerable if shrinking following.
  • Horizon: Horizon Academy itself is located on a tropical planet near the borders of both the Humans and the Draquni. The school has a number of healers and trainers all of whom are considered to be among if not the best in their fields from both races. To ensure maximum combat efficiency, the school not only has the best teachers in the galaxy, but an army’s worth of training robots designed to be able to mimic a myriad amount of powers. The school is a bit different than many other schools. While it has an infirmary and cafeteria, it has very few class rooms, but an absolutely huge gym. Weights crafted to given even the strongest of supers a good workout, treadmills built for speedsters, combat rings built to withstand blows from supers, combat sims for the closest thing to realistic scenarios. And best of all: A fully stocked bar featuring enough alcohol to get several cities piss drunk. What would be a college level school without copious amounts of alcohol?
We will identify students within Horizon Academy with an underline with their name while teachers will be in italics. Non-Horizon characters will be normal, including villains, until a better system can be used to identify them as such.

Non-Player Characters:
  • ayy

Player Characters:
Last edited by New Neros on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Tag
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Tag. This seems quite interesting.
A question: In terms of multiple powers, do you have a specific rule on them(e.g. Correlation; one main one and a few weak ones)

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Charmera wrote:Tag

Welcome my familiar faced friend!

Khasinkonia wrote:Tag. This seems quite interesting.
A question: In terms of multiple powers, do you have a specific rule on them(e.g. Correlation; one main one and a few weak ones)

As long as it's well-written, I am down for anything power-wise. Just be sensible with the choices, I suppose. Welcome! I'll be making edits and answering questions as I go.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 pm

New Neros wrote:

As long as it's well-written, I am down for anything power-wise. Just be sensible with the choices, I suppose. Welcome! I'll be making edits and answering questions as I go.

Ah, sounds good. I was think chiefly mimicry based shapeshifting + time travel(no limit forwards, only a few minutes backwards)
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 pm

New Neros wrote:

Eyo neros!
Will there be any other races besides the main two?
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Tag.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
New Neros wrote:Welcome my familiar faced friend!

Ah, sounds good. I was think chiefly mimicry based shapeshifting + time travel(no limit forwards, only a few minutes backwards)

Sounds interesting, time is usually an off-limits power in roleplays like this, but I figure, a decent writer like yourself should be able to handle it. I figure there ought to be room for growth, wherein your character may have trouble controlling just how far s/he can go back, leading to it's under-use until it's fully understood through the course of the roleplay. Also, za warudo

Charmera wrote:
New Neros wrote:Welcome my familiar faced friend!

Eyo neros!

\What is happening!

Atria and I are a bit divided on it, but I think the galaxy is large enough to host a decent amount of races, yet, we don't want to encumber the lore too much. I would say yes, though. A species application will be in the works.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:30 pm

New Neros wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Ah, sounds good. I was think chiefly mimicry based shapeshifting + time travel(no limit forwards, only a few minutes backwards)

Sounds interesting, time is usually an off-limits power in roleplays like this, but I figure, a decent writer like yourself should be able to handle it. I figure there ought to be room for growth, wherein your character may have trouble controlling just how far s/he can go back, leading to it's under-use until it's fully understood through the course of the roleplay. Also, za warudo

Charmera wrote:Eyo neros!

\What is happening!

Atria and I are a bit divided on it, but I think the galaxy is large enough to host a decent amount of races, yet, we don't want to encumber the lore too much. I would say yes, though. A species application will be in the works.

Not much. Just been traveling a lot.

Awesome. I may reprise the xyrixma with a few additions, or perhaps some sort of uber religious race of some sort.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Charmera wrote:
New Neros wrote:

\What is happening!

Not much. Just been traveling a lot.

Awesome. I may reprise the xyrixma with a few additions, or perhaps some sort of uber religious race of some sort.

Most excellent, I always enjoyed the Xyrixma and their universal shenanigans, haha. I'd be happy to bring them aboard. I'll be tidying up the OP in due time, but is there anything else you'd like to ask?

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:46 pm

New Neros wrote:
Charmera wrote:Not much. Just been traveling a lot.

Most excellent, I always enjoyed the Xyrixma and their universal shenanigans, haha. I'd be happy to bring them aboard. I'll be tidying up the OP in due time, but is there anything else you'd like to ask?

Yeah they'll probably not be universal this time. :P

Nah. That was my main question. Looks really good.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:55 pm

New Neros wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Ah, sounds good. I was think chiefly mimicry based shapeshifting + time travel(no limit forwards, only a few minutes backwards)

Charmera wrote:Eyo neros!

\What is happening!

Sounds cool. The time travel aspect of it will more or less be nil at the beginning, for reasons I'll explain as part of bio tidbits. The shapeshifting will be the real jewel of them for most of the RP. I know time travel is usually off limits, so I thought it'd be a good idea to nerf it right off the bat, as to prevent any sort of temptation on my part to use it to be op. I say them for reasons that shall also be explained ICly. Further, I've got a species that might be interesting, particularly as they'd be primarily aquatic. If you're okay with it, I can post an app for them, mostly copied from another RP I'm in.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
New Neros wrote:

\What is happening!

Sounds cool. The time travel aspect of it will more or less be nil at the beginning, for reasons I'll explain as part of bio tidbits. The shapeshifting will be the real jewel of them for most of the RP. I know time travel is usually off limits, so I thought it'd be a good idea to nerf it right off the bat, as to prevent any sort of temptation on my part to use it to be op. I say them for reasons that shall also be explained ICly. Further, I've got a species that might be interesting, particularly as they'd be primarily aquatic. If you're okay with it, I can post an app for them, mostly copied from another RP I'm in.

Was discussing it with Neros. We were going to allow it, but with the caveats that 1: The past can't be changed. 2: The future can.

Note: I also had a character with time powers planned, but it was more slowing time relative to him for a few moments.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:04 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Sounds cool. The time travel aspect of it will more or less be nil at the beginning, for reasons I'll explain as part of bio tidbits. The shapeshifting will be the real jewel of them for most of the RP. I know time travel is usually off limits, so I thought it'd be a good idea to nerf it right off the bat, as to prevent any sort of temptation on my part to use it to be op. I say them for reasons that shall also be explained ICly. Further, I've got a species that might be interesting, particularly as they'd be primarily aquatic. If you're okay with it, I can post an app for them, mostly copied from another RP I'm in.

Was discussing it with Neros. We were going to allow it, but with the caveats that 1: The past can't be changed. 2: The future can.

Note: I also had a character with time powers planned, but it was more slowing time relative to him for a few moments.

That's what I thought the rules would be, so I made it so they can only go a few minutes into the past anyway. I didn't expect time travel to be any good for much else other than backstory and getting out of a few sticky situations here and there, more or less in the same way as teleporting. I was thinking they'd just be rendered in a spectral state when travelling back in time until they reached the point in time where they travelled back.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

That's what I thought the rules would be, so I made it so they can only go a few minutes into the past anyway. I didn't expect time travel to be any good for much else other than backstory and getting out of a few sticky situations here and there, more or less in the same way as teleporting. I was thinking they'd just be rendered in a spectral state when travelling back in time until they reached the point in time where they travelled back.

Sounds good.

Time buddies!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:That's what I thought the rules would be, so I made it so they can only go a few minutes into the past anyway. I didn't expect time travel to be any good for much else other than backstory and getting out of a few sticky situations here and there, more or less in the same way as teleporting. I was thinking they'd just be rendered in a spectral state when travelling back in time until they reached the point in time where they travelled back.

Sounds good.

Time buddies!

Speaking of buddies, I was thinking that this power could be sort of shared with others by holding hands, and that anything that they're holding can travel through time with them, though it'd take more energy. Is that alright as well?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:15 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Sounds good.

Time buddies!

Speaking of buddies, I was thinking that this power could be sort of shared with others by holding hands, and that anything that they're holding can travel through time with them, though it'd take more energy. Is that alright as well?

Sounds good to me. That was actually going to be a weakness to my guy's time powers. Anyone he's touching has is stuck with him in the time dilatation with him. Where he's far more defenseless than if not.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Speaking of buddies, I was thinking that this power could be sort of shared with others by holding hands, and that anything that they're holding can travel through time with them, though it'd take more energy. Is that alright as well?

Sounds good to me. That was actually going to be a weakness to my guy's time powers. Anyone he's touching has is stuck with him in the time dilatation with him. Where he's far more defenseless than if not.

Sounds good. Time Buddies ftw!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:14 pm

Would either relative immutability or a slow but thorough healing factor be ok for abilities?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Tourma
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Roses are red, filthy are rags, this looks amazing, I'll give it a tag.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Would either relative immutability or a slow but thorough healing factor be ok for abilities?

Definitely, implausible regeneration and being completely immobile or unable to be affected by other powers could make for an interesting power in and of itself.

Tourma wrote:Roses are red, filthy are rags, this looks amazing, I'll give it a tag.

You would give slim shady a run for his money, my friend.

I will be working on an application soon, to give an idea of what we're all about.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:42 pm

If you do want more species, I have a handful that could be adapted. It will depend upon how human you want them.

The below lore is the lore for the species, but can be adapted for this rp.

Thangar: The Thangar are a race of beings reminiscent of fantasy Dwarves. They are short of stature and possessing of great strength. Centuries ago they spanned across much of the Universe under the Old Monarchy. However the Thangar Empire fell due to conflict between the Merchant corporations and the Old Monarchy. Much of Thangar culture and technology was lost due to this schism, and ruins of their compounds and cities are notable spots for treasure hunters to explore, they are very dangerous however. Despite all that was lost, the Thangar still remain the most technologically advanced race, still existing in the frontier Galaxy.

The Thangar are ruled by the High King, though the Merchant Guilds still hold some power. Their technology appears to be rather advanced, and it is, it is rather similar to what humanity has used for centuries. Thangar are generally gifted craftsman and Merchants, though no less accomplished warriors. If a Thangarian is unable to cut it as a merchant or craftsman they often become mercanaries, rather accomplished ones. While most other races have psionic potential, the Thangar are nearly bereft of this. There has only ever been one Thangar Psionic, but not much is known about him.

Draug’n: The Draug’n were a mysterious race of reptilian beings that not much is known about. They were rather advanced by all accounts. Their ruins are much rarer than those of the Thangar, but are much more profitable and equally dangerous. Your Draquni cover this, so i wont go into more detail for the Draug'n.

Nah’ni: The Nah’ni are an insectoid species that are rather varied in appearance. Contrary to the thoughts of many, they are not a hivemind, they are just extremely intuitive. They see and hear things that not even the sensors of the Thangar can detect, most of the time. They have a matriarchal culture, with their rulers almost always being Queens, or some variation thereof. Some Nah’ni are rather humanoid, with insect features, but as a whole, they resemble bipedal insects, of all types. They possess potent pheromones which along with their senses are key in communication with outside species.
The potency of these pheromones is one of the reasons why only Nah’ni nobility, Viziers and Drones are seen outside their Hive worlds. Viziers, are certain Nah’ni that have come to master their senses and some even have Psionic potential. They are often negotiators and ambassadors to other races. The Drones are the most commonly seen and while not mindless, they are simple and heavily built, no strangers to physical work are they. The strangest and most mysterious of the commonly seen Nah’ni, are the Nobility. Little is known about them, but they are rather charismatic and are nearly human in shape. Most of the Nobility, that are commonly seen are female.

Anima: The Anima, are a collective species of animalistic humanoids that are divided into two main types, the Mammalian and the Reptilian, though legends tell that other types may have once existed. Despite their differences, the types of Anima, each have similarities. The most common types of Mammalian Anima are the Feli, and the Cani, taking influence from felines and Canines respectively. All Anima, are humanoid in appearance, with animal features, though there are differences. Some look nearly human, with slight differences, in the Feli this can be seen with slitted eyes, or possibly fur instead of body hair.

Korvash: Large goatlike humanoids, that are extremely strong and skilled in combat, since an event long ago they roam the galaxy in large self sufficient independant fleets.

Aside from that, I was going to post an app, but will wait for your example first.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm always interested in a good super hero thread. Tell me, what kind of power and tech levels should I be thinking about? For instance, would serums that grant humans temporary super powers through genetic alteration or techno-organic lifeforms that enhanced the abilities of the wearer at the expense of feeding of their life-force be allowed?
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Shadowwell wrote:If you do want more species, I have a handful that could be adapted. It will depend upon how human you want them.

The below lore is the lore for the species, but can be adapted for this rp.

Thangar: The Thangar are a race of beings reminiscent of fantasy Dwarves. They are short of stature and possessing of great strength. Centuries ago they spanned across much of the Universe under the Old Monarchy. However the Thangar Empire fell due to conflict between the Merchant corporations and the Old Monarchy. Much of Thangar culture and technology was lost due to this schism, and ruins of their compounds and cities are notable spots for treasure hunters to explore, they are very dangerous however. Despite all that was lost, the Thangar still remain the most technologically advanced race, still existing in the frontier Galaxy.

The Thangar are ruled by the High King, though the Merchant Guilds still hold some power. Their technology appears to be rather advanced, and it is, it is rather similar to what humanity has used for centuries. Thangar are generally gifted craftsman and Merchants, though no less accomplished warriors. If a Thangarian is unable to cut it as a merchant or craftsman they often become mercanaries, rather accomplished ones. While most other races have psionic potential, the Thangar are nearly bereft of this. There has only ever been one Thangar Psionic, but not much is known about him.

Draug’n: The Draug’n were a mysterious race of reptilian beings that not much is known about. They were rather advanced by all accounts. Their ruins are much rarer than those of the Thangar, but are much more profitable and equally dangerous. Your Draquni cover this, so i wont go into more detail for the Draug'n.

Nah’ni: The Nah’ni are an insectoid species that are rather varied in appearance. Contrary to the thoughts of many, they are not a hivemind, they are just extremely intuitive. They see and hear things that not even the sensors of the Thangar can detect, most of the time. They have a matriarchal culture, with their rulers almost always being Queens, or some variation thereof. Some Nah’ni are rather humanoid, with insect features, but as a whole, they resemble bipedal insects, of all types. They possess potent pheromones which along with their senses are key in communication with outside species.
The potency of these pheromones is one of the reasons why only Nah’ni nobility, Viziers and Drones are seen outside their Hive worlds. Viziers, are certain Nah’ni that have come to master their senses and some even have Psionic potential. They are often negotiators and ambassadors to other races. The Drones are the most commonly seen and while not mindless, they are simple and heavily built, no strangers to physical work are they. The strangest and most mysterious of the commonly seen Nah’ni, are the Nobility. Little is known about them, but they are rather charismatic and are nearly human in shape. Most of the Nobility, that are commonly seen are female.

Anima: The Anima, are a collective species of animalistic humanoids that are divided into two main types, the Mammalian and the Reptilian, though legends tell that other types may have once existed. Despite their differences, the types of Anima, each have similarities. The most common types of Mammalian Anima are the Feli, and the Cani, taking influence from felines and Canines respectively. All Anima, are humanoid in appearance, with animal features, though there are differences. Some look nearly human, with slight differences, in the Feli this can be seen with slitted eyes, or possibly fur instead of body hair.

Korvash: Large goatlike humanoids, that are extremely strong and skilled in combat, since an event long ago they roam the galaxy in large self sufficient independant fleets.

Aside from that, I was going to post an app, but will wait for your example first.

I like the ideas you bring to the table. I'll be constructing an application for species soon, that way you can fill out your lore to your hearts content.

If you're motivated enough, you can go ahead and put up and application. My own probably won't be up until tomorrow, sadly, due to sleep and work conditions.

Doughertania wrote:I'm always interested in a good super hero thread. Tell me, what kind of power and tech levels should I be thinking about? For instance, would serums that grant humans temporary super powers through genetic alteration or techno-organic lifeforms that enhanced the abilities of the wearer at the expense of feeding of their life-force be allowed?

Most excellent! The power and technology level should be fairly post modern, as I imagine the roleplay taking place in the 22nd Century or thereabout, I can draw up a rough timeline soon as well. Both of those things would definitely be allowed, no doubt. High-energy super serums and Blue Beetle suits are always great to write about, in my experience.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:13 pm

I will wait to put the app up, it was gonna be bare-bones anyways, until you get teh species app up.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse