NATION

PASSWORD

A Statement from the New Pacific Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:30 pm

As many already know, the Senate of the New Pacific Order issued orders for the nation United Arkadia to cease and desist all activities within the Foreign Affairs department several days ago. Around the same time, Pergamon stepped down as Consul of the Pacific. Both United Arkadia and Pergamon have served, and will continue to serve, the Pacific well. United Arkadia, while no longer involved in the Foreign Affairs Department has not been removed from the Order and will not be. Likewise, Pergamon remains in the Senate and will continue to do so, even if it is in a somewhat diminished capacity. While I have opted not to take the title of Consul, because quite frankly I'm tired, I will be carrying out the duties of the post for the foreseeable future. The reasons for these actions are primarily based upon the unauthorized claims of support for the oppositional movement that was developing within Lazarus last week. The Pacific has no interest in supporting a lost cause or opposing the will of a sitting Delegate, even if we find that nation's personal politics objectionable. That said, we maintain that our foreign affairs and diplomacy are our own and while we have taken steps that may seem to be appeasing to certain parties, it should be clear that we have done so solely based upon our own decision to do so. Any region that feels they can bully the Pacific with threats or alienation will find that we are not docile and will bite back.

Signed,
The Senate of the Pacific
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Pierconium wrote:Any region that feels they can bully the Pacific with threats or alienation will find that we are not docile and will bite back.

At which region(s) is this thinly veiled threat directed? Please don't insult my intelligence by saying it was a general statement.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altheriol
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Altheriol » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pierconium wrote:Any region that feels they can bully the Pacific with threats or alienation will find that we are not docile and will bite back.

At which region(s) is this thinly veiled threat directed? Please don't insult my intelligence by saying it was a general statement.

There's a mirror in the toilets, Cormac.
Unless specifically stated, all posts are in a personal capacity only.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:

It is directed at any region that believes they can dictate to the Pacific who we will align with politically or ideologically. Some nations, whether acting in an official capacity or not, took advantage of the recent turmoil and sought to demand certain actions from the NPO. This is simply an acknowledgement that such actions will not be tolerated. We seek friendly relations with all GCRs and we respect their right to conduct their diplomacy as they see fit. We expect the same courtesy in return.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Pierconium wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:At which region(s) is this thinly veiled threat directed? Please don't insult my intelligence by saying it was a general statement.

It is directed at any region that believes they can dictate to the Pacific who we will align with politically or ideologically. Some nations, whether acting in an official capacity or not, took advantage of the recent turmoil and sought to demand certain actions from the NPO.

Which nations were these and in which regions do they reside? That should give us a pretty clear picture of who you just blatantly threatened.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Pierconium wrote:It is directed at any region that believes they can dictate to the Pacific who we will align with politically or ideologically. Some nations, whether acting in an official capacity or not, took advantage of the recent turmoil and sought to demand certain actions from the NPO.

Which nations were these and in which regions do they reside? That should give us a pretty clear picture of who you just blatantly threatened.

I'm sorry, have I missed something? Since when do I share private political information with you? I didn't 'threaten' anyone. Those that maybe thought they could tell us how to conduct our internal affairs are simply being informed that we will not be dictated to by anyone.
Tyrant (Ret.)

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't believe it was intended to be a threat. This is just my interpretation and I of course do not speak for the NPO, but I think it is intended to mean they will defend themselves against any party attempting to strong-arm them into dictating their foreign policy.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Pierconium
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:15 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:I don't believe it was intended to be a threat. This is just my interpretation and I of course do not speak for the NPO, but I think it is intended to mean they will defend themselves against any party attempting to strong-arm them into dictating their foreign policy.

This is correct.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:I don't believe it was intended to be a threat. This is just my interpretation and I of course do not speak for the NPO, but I think it is intended to mean they will defend themselves against any party attempting to strong-arm them into dictating their foreign policy.

I'd have to agree with the NPOs intention. We in Lazarus, whom TRR is currently attacking with military forces, would hope that all would understand the want of a legal government to defend themselves against outside parties attempting to dictate their freedoms to them.
Last edited by Killer Kitty on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Sygian
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sygian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:22 pm

It is a shame that Pergamon and Ark have not been expelled from the NPO for betraying the Order and acting extremely out of line the last few weeks, possibly even months.

Alas, I am sure you have your reasons Ivan. Best wishes to the NPO.
Sygian Vytherov
Sub-Vizier of Foreign Affairs, Osiris

Co-Founder of News With Booze (RIP)
Vizier of Gameside Affairs, Osiris
Chief Guardian of Osiris
Chief Vizier of Osiris
Author of SC #225
Chief Scribe of Osiris
Council Member/Advisor of The Black Hawks
Regent of Auralia
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tags are fleeting. Sygian is forever.
Chingis wrote:[News With Booze] was good for like the first 5-6 episodes
then Tim started coming on
Pierconium wrote:[Sygian is] somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:22 pm

I won't sit here and threadjack the NPOs thread Evil Wolf. There are already four or five threads to talk about Funk's coup and you should apologize to them.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Pierconium wrote:

This is correct.

Well, in that case, hopefully from now on the NPO will opt not to allow its officials to blatantly interfere in the affairs of other Feeders and Sinkers, and then no other regions or individuals will feel the need to pressure the NPO into doing what it should have done of its own accord.

Killer Kitty
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Killer Kitty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:25 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:I won't sit here and threadjack the NPOs thread Evil Wolf. There are already four or five threads to talk about Funk's coup and you should apologize to them.

They mentioned Lazarus first, not me, old chap. But a vailant effort to deflect from your sins.
Last edited by Killer Kitty on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:15 pm

As much anyone will say about the NPO at one time or another, one must always appreciate their philosophical consistency.
Last edited by Funkadelia on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Foreign Policy Idealists
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Foreign Policy Idealists » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I am disgusted by the actions of the NPO's Senate and their persistent use of the Delegate supremacy argument to justify their cowardice in refusing to adhere to the true ideals of Francoism and stand up for the noble ideals of sovereignty that they nominally stand for. The NPO's recent actions are not an example of principled action and magnanimity in the face of insidious efforts to establish a sort of Pacifican imperialism; rather, they are an example of pusillanimity and cowardice by remaining sheltered in the Pacific despite the noble efforts of those loyal Francoists that strive for the NPO to stand up for what it nominally believes in. By failing to abide by the tenets of their nominal ideology or even idly sit by and allow those true Francoists to take action, the Senate and Emperor have clearly cast their stock with those terrible forces that have no loyalty but to their own personal power. Morality and ideals are crucial if the NPO wishes to be a strong and active force in NationStates Gameplay, and I hope that the NPO may see the light or at the very least allow their citizens to protect the sovereignty of all GCRs.
Last edited by Foreign Policy Idealists on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:I am disgusted by the actions of the NPO's Senate and their persistent use of the Delegate supremacy argument to justify their cowardice in refusing to adhere to the true ideals of Francoism and stand up for the noble ideals of sovereignty that they nominally stand for. The NPO's recent actions are not an example of principled action and magnanimity in the face of insidious efforts to establish a sort of Pacifican imperialism; rather, they are an example of pusillanimity and cowardice by remaining sheltered in the Pacific despite the noble efforts of those loyal Francoists that strive for the NPO to stand up for what it nominally believes in. By failing to abide by the tenets of their nominal ideology or even idly sit by and allow those true Francoists to take action, the Senate and Emperor have clearly cast their stock with those terrible forces that have no loyalty but to their own personal power. Morality and ideals are crucial if the NPO wishes to be a strong and active force in NationStates Gameplay, and I hope that the NPO may see the light or at the very least allow their citizens to protect the sovereignty of all GCRs.

Francoism, ideals.... Cool. I wish the NPO did more with those that needed to be reprimanded. Tge NPO is more than Francoism. Spoken as a former citizen and low level groundpounder.

Francoism should die a death with ancient medical cures.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

BattleshipPacifica
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BattleshipPacifica » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:05 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:
Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:I am disgusted by the actions of the NPO's Senate and their persistent use of the Delegate supremacy argument to justify their cowardice in refusing to adhere to the true ideals of Francoism and stand up for the noble ideals of sovereignty that they nominally stand for. The NPO's recent actions are not an example of principled action and magnanimity in the face of insidious efforts to establish a sort of Pacifican imperialism; rather, they are an example of pusillanimity and cowardice by remaining sheltered in the Pacific despite the noble efforts of those loyal Francoists that strive for the NPO to stand up for what it nominally believes in. By failing to abide by the tenets of their nominal ideology or even idly sit by and allow those true Francoists to take action, the Senate and Emperor have clearly cast their stock with those terrible forces that have no loyalty but to their own personal power. Morality and ideals are crucial if the NPO wishes to be a strong and active force in NationStates Gameplay, and I hope that the NPO may see the light or at the very least allow their citizens to protect the sovereignty of all GCRs.

Francoism, ideals.... Cool. I wish the NPO did more with those that needed to be reprimanded. Tge NPO is more than Francoism. Spoken as a former citizen and low level groundpounder.

If you have no respect for the history and legacy of the NPO, you have no respect for the NPO at all. Sad to hear this from an ex-Pacifican.
Last edited by BattleshipPacifica on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Attack of the smack-talking puppets!
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Saltmoras
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 24, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saltmoras » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Attack of the smack-talking puppets!

Smack talking puppets?!?! Scandalous.

I'm glad the NPO said something about the situation at least. Other regions that just ignore things until they go away are boring.

The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

BattleshipPacifica wrote:

If you have no respect for the history and legacy of the NPO, you have no respect for the NPO at all. Sad to hear this from an ex-Pacifican.

Disagreeing about francoism then saying I have no respect for the NPO is funny. I don't feel the need to justify more of my opinion to you.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

Foreign Policy Idealists
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Foreign Policy Idealists » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Truer words were never spoken.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:

Truer words were never spoken.

I actually think you're both puppets and just talking to yourself.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

BattleshipPacifica
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BattleshipPacifica » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Disagreeing about francoism then saying I have no respect for the NPO is funny. I don't feel the need to justify more of my opinion to you.

You are free to disagree about Francoism, I never said otherwise. However the fact remains that by disavowing Francoism as crucial element of the NPO's legacy that shaped the past and as unforgettable part of its history and culture, you show great disrespect for the Order in general. A culture that to this day continues to shape the future by combining the merits of the old and the new. This is why we remain The New Pacific Order. The revolution is just like the Pacifica itself, always moving forward.
Last edited by BattleshipPacifica on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elegarth
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elegarth » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Ignorant puppets talking to themselves... Ugh...
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Royal Duke of The West Pacific
Patio Emperor of The West Pacific
Former Dragon Delegate of The West Pacific

The Delegarth

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:49 pm

The actions of those in question included, among other questionable military interactions with userites, making a UCR an official protectorate of The Pacific. Now, I'm no expert on the matter, but that doesn't seem very Francoist to me. It also seemed like quite a lot of those actions were driven by none other than personal desire for power. I would say it seems like Pier et al are indeed standing up for morality and their ideals. :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay