NATION

PASSWORD

"Overkill" luck or small pool of issues?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

"Overkill" luck or small pool of issues?

Postby Bedetopia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:02 pm

I've probably said it many times by now, but my favorite issue is #455 "Police On Overkill Mode?", which I routinely abuse as you can see on this graph. However, what's not shown is that I tend to get the issue again quite soon after I reset my law enforcement (and yes, I just got it again). If I used it the day it pops up there would probably be more spikes, but I wait until I have 10k in the budget.

First question: Is the issue's requirement "have a law enforcement budget of over 1000 currency" or similar? It's too easy to accumulate since I get a lot of issues that add chunks of 200 to the stat.

Second question: I know that my issue pool is heavily reduced because my nation is extreme. Is it just luck or is the pool so small (less than 300?) that getting the issue again quickly is a likely occurence?

At this rate nobody will ever take my incoming #1 badge for Public Healthcare...
Last edited by Bedetopia on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:23 pm

This may be the smallest valid issue pool nation I've ever seen.

More than two-thirds of issues aren't applicable to you, which does indeed mean each one that you do qualify for has a higher chance of coming up. Nations are less likely to get an issue that they had recently, so with a small pool, this means that after it's been a little while since you had one, it becomes quite probable of being selected again.

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:55 pm

[violet] wrote:This may be the smallest valid issue pool nation I've ever seen.

More than two-thirds of issues aren't applicable to you, which does indeed mean each one that you do qualify for has a higher chance of coming up. Nations are less likely to get an issue that they had recently, so with a small pool, this means that after it's been a little while since you had one, it becomes quite probable of being selected again.

Oh wow. I totally broke the game. :rofl:

I didn't expect less than 225 issues to be applicable, but it's actually a good thing for my badge hunt. Thanks for checking.

Return to Technical