NATION

PASSWORD

Lazarene Government - The State Of The Union

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
User avatar
Lazarene Government
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jul 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Lazarene Government - The State Of The Union

Postby Lazarene Government » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Image


Citizens and observers,

After two years of stability and security in our great region of Lazarus, the sovereignty of our people has once again come under threat. The democracy of Lazarus has been undermined by a cabal of traitors who seek only to further their own interests and benefit themselves.

Make no mistake: there has been a coup d’etat in Lazarus. Our sitting Delegate, who we put our trust in to serve and protect us as leader, has betrayed that trust. He, and his cronies, have committed a full force butchering of the Mandate that serves as the basis for our law.

In this dire time, a voice of legitimacy, stability, and reason is required. We, the citizenry of Lazarus, have taken it upon ourselves to form a proper government, upholding the principles of the Celestial Mandate. This government-in-exile rejects the illegal purge committed by Funkadelia, Evil Wolf, and Lamb Stone. We proclaim ourselves, undoubtedly and unequivocally, to be the one, true government of the Celestial Union of Lazarus.

First, we would like to dispel myths regarding the situation. The most important thing to know is that the members of this government, most of us involved in underground resistance efforts prior to this coup, have never been involved in the planning of any kind of illegal overthrowal of the government.

We offer several logs from our chat to support this. There was not, is not, and will never be, any plot to coup Lazarus, whatsoever. The only coup plot came on the part of Delegate Funkadelia and his treasonous supporters. Some initial counter-evidence can be found here, and we are happy to provide any context needed on request.

We also reject the complete lie that alleges Amerion was attempting to rally people to unendorse the Delegate prior to the coup. As he has provided in his own screenshots, he was actually attempting to bring his own endorsements down, fearing violation of the endorsement cap, which Lamb has so flagrantly violated without punishment.

Before the events of today, Funkadelia committed several illegal actions in breach of the Mandate. His illegal administering of confirmation elections regarding the Prelate of the Judiciary makes the sitting of Killer Kitty on the court invalid. His bypassing of the Celestial Being’s authority in order to hold a show trial for Amerion is also illegal. The Sovereign also does not have the authority to dismiss Archbishops, but this did not stop him from getting rid of Ark when he found him to be a thorn in his side.

We note further, that only yesterday, the government of The South Pacific most graciously offered its services in mediating a negotiation between the government and resistance elements. We had hoped that this tension could reach a conclusion that was best for all of us, a peaceful resolution in the interests of the Lazarene people. In the 24-hour span where Funkadelia claimed to be ‘considering’ attending such talks, which we eagerly wanted to do, he instead immediately performed his coup and dropped the illusion of democracy.

It is the obvious conclusion, therefore, that the Delegate has completely and unreservedly destroyed the trust placed in him by the people. He has forfeited his rights to the Delegacy of Lazarus by committing treason against the region. He, and his cronies Killer Kitty and Lamb, illegally occupy the positions they hold gameside, as they continue to lie and twist the truth to muster support for their coup.

In the hours since this coup, the regime has banned several people from the Lazarene Discord server, which we now reject as illegitimate in the hands of traitors. They have banned several nations and suppressed many posts on the regional message board that spread the truth. It seems that we are now well and truly at war.

In the face of these challenges, we issue a request to all foreign allies of Lazarus to come and back the legitimate government of the region. We welcome all extra-regional support, both raider and defender, and emphatically denounce all allegations that we are a defender-only movement that seeks any kind of defender supremacy in Lazarus.
This is not a lost cause. We emphasize this wholeheartedly, because there is yet hope. But it relies on the support of every nation possible. We call upon all defenders and raiders alike who value sovereignty, we call upon treaty allies who wish to uphold their commitment to our regions’ mutual security and prosperity. We call upon every individual and organization who wishes to fight for a better future for Lazarus, to come and support us.

In our plea, we evoke the words of the great Charles de Gaulle: “But has the last word been said? Must hope disappear? Is defeat final? No!” And in closing, we say to you: Whatever happens, the flame of the Lazarene resistance must not be extinguished and will not be extinguished.

Ils ne passeront pas.

In the meantime, this will be the thread for all affairs concerning Lazarus, under the authority of its legitimate government. We welcome visitors to our Discord server, which can be found here: https://discord.gg/BftVjm4

And our new forum, given the takeover of the old one by regime elements: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Lazarus_NS/index/

Issued on behalf of Defender of the Realm Doperland, Celestial Being Aumelodia, and the collective legitimate government of Lazarus in exile.
Last edited by Lazarene Government on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2453
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:49 pm

So Funkadelia has been removed from office according to legal procedure then?
Cormac Skollvaldr
Liberty, Democracy, Solidarity - Thalassia

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Rolandarmstrong
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolandarmstrong » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:49 pm

the Illuminati Alliance is in support.
--Rolandarmstrong
King of Machina, the Defence Realm of The Illuminati Alliance
Legislator and Fabtastic Future MoRA, the South Pacific

User avatar
Rolandarmstrong
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolandarmstrong » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:So Funkadelia has been removed from office according to legal procedure then?

Sort of. Yes, but he is still on-site delegate.
--Rolandarmstrong
King of Machina, the Defence Realm of The Illuminati Alliance
Legislator and Fabtastic Future MoRA, the South Pacific

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2453
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Rolandarmstrong wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:So Funkadelia has been removed from office according to legal procedure then?

Sort of. Yes, but he is still on-site delegate.

What does "sort of" mean? Can someone from this "government-in-exile" please explain the legal procedure for removing the Sovereign from office and answer with a "yes" or a "no" whether that procedure was followed? It isn't a hard question, and yet it has been repeatedly evaded.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Liberty, Democracy, Solidarity - Thalassia

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Rolandarmstrong
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolandarmstrong » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Rolandarmstrong wrote:Sort of. Yes, but he is still on-site delegate.

What does "sort of" mean? Can someone from this "government-in-exile" please explain the legal procedure for removing the Sovereign from office and answer with a "yes" or a "no" whether that procedure was followed? It isn't a hard question, and yet is has been repeatedly evaded.

Yeah ask someone else. I do not know the inter-workings of Lazarus.
--Rolandarmstrong
King of Machina, the Defence Realm of The Illuminati Alliance
Legislator and Fabtastic Future MoRA, the South Pacific

User avatar
Lazarene Government
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jul 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazarene Government » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Rolandarmstrong wrote:Sort of. Yes, but he is still on-site delegate.

What does "sort of" mean? Can someone from this "government-in-exile" please explain the legal procedure for removing the Sovereign from office and answer with a "yes" or a "no" whether that procedure was followed? It isn't a hard question, and yet is has been repeatedly evaded.

We do not regard him as the legitimate Sovereign, given his flagrant violation of the Mandate and betrayal of the region. However, a formal recall vote may soon be organized as soon as the setting up of the infrastructure of our government is complete.

User avatar
Rolandarmstrong
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolandarmstrong » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Lazarene Government wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:What does "sort of" mean? Can someone from this "government-in-exile" please explain the legal procedure for removing the Sovereign from office and answer with a "yes" or a "no" whether that procedure was followed? It isn't a hard question, and yet is has been repeatedly evaded.

We do not regard him as the legitimate Sovereign, given his flagrant violation of the Mandate and betrayal of the region. However, a formal recall vote may soon be organized as soon as the setting up of the infrastructure of our government is complete.

OK.
--Rolandarmstrong
King of Machina, the Defence Realm of The Illuminati Alliance
Legislator and Fabtastic Future MoRA, the South Pacific

User avatar
Escade
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1019
Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Rolandarmstrong wrote:Sort of. Yes, but he is still on-site delegate.

What does "sort of" mean? Can someone from this "government-in-exile" please explain the legal procedure for removing the Sovereign from office and answer with a "yes" or a "no" whether that procedure was followed? It isn't a hard question, and yet it has been repeatedly evaded.


From this discussion here:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Ikania wrote:So you concede at this point that the word of the law is entirely irrelevant and unnecessary to your perspective?

Does that surprise you? I place the best interests of Feeder and Sinker communities ahead of observation of the law on my list of priorities, and that's hardly news. What is important is that what needs to be done for Lazarus is done, and done decisively, not what the law says about it.

Laws exist to serve Feeder and Sinker communities. Feeder and Sinker communities do not exist to serve laws.


Confusing to follow exactly what your thoughts are on the issue of laws.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2453
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Lazarene Government wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:What does "sort of" mean? Can someone from this "government-in-exile" please explain the legal procedure for removing the Sovereign from office and answer with a "yes" or a "no" whether that procedure was followed? It isn't a hard question, and yet is has been repeatedly evaded.

We do not regard him as the legitimate Sovereign, given his flagrant violation of the Mandate and betrayal of the region. However, a formal recall vote may soon be organized as soon as the setting up of the infrastructure of our government is complete.

So, in other words, no, the legal procedure for removing Funkadelia from office has not been observed. That means he is still the legal Sovereign of Lazarus and this "government-in-exile" has no legal legitimacy whatsoever, and is not legally a "government-in-exile" at all. Thanks for clearing that up!

Escade wrote:From this discussion here:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Does that surprise you? I place the best interests of Feeder and Sinker communities ahead of observation of the law on my list of priorities, and that's hardly news. What is important is that what needs to be done for Lazarus is done, and done decisively, not what the law says about it.

Laws exist to serve Feeder and Sinker communities. Feeder and Sinker communities do not exist to serve laws.


Confusing to follow exactly what your thoughts are on the issue of laws.

My thoughts are that Feeder and Sinker communities don't exist to serve their laws, but that those who go on and on about the rule of law are hypocrites if they immediately dispense with the law for their convenience. This really isn't about what I think about the law, it's about what this shambolic "government-in-exile" thinks. On the one hand, its problem with Funkadelia is that it claims Funkadelia has broken the law. On the other hand, it has declared itself a "government-in-exile" in contravention of the law. What? It's incoherent and absurd. You can't be for the rule of law and also breaking the law.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Liberty, Democracy, Solidarity - Thalassia

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Escade
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1019
Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:05 pm

I miss when this whole Lazarus situation would be something that Miniluv reported on. Bring back Miniluv! Bringer of truth and justice the to the world! Or do we have to wait for the pendulum to swing back for that? How long do these ICs last? Some of them need time stamps so the rest of us can adjust.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2453
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Escade wrote:I miss when this whole Lazarus situation would be something that Miniluv reported on. Bring back Miniluv! Bringer of truth and justice the to the world! Or do we have to wait for the pendulum to swing back for that? How long do these ICs last? Some of them need time stamps so the rest of us can adjust.

If the South Pacific and the sham "government-in-exile" would prefer to engage in off-topic personal attacks rather than engaging with actual arguments, I can't say I blame you, because your arguments are incoherent and don't stand up against the slightest scrutiny.

Be that as it may, I have no interest in engaging with your petty personal distractions, and you're just making yourselves look bad to other regions who are looking at all of this and aren't sure what to make of it. That is perhaps not a wise strategy since you're going to need huge military numbers, and won't get them if people don't like your faction because of its pettiness. So please, by all means, continue. But I'm not interested.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Liberty, Democracy, Solidarity - Thalassia

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Jueia
Attaché
 
Posts: 90
Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jueia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Ah, so these are the people who tried to overthrow the Current Delegate.
Last edited by Jueia on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The (Eastern) Empire of Jueia

User avatar
Farlandiay
Secretary
 
Posts: 31
Founded: Feb 28, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Farlandiay » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:23 pm

The USSD Supports the Resistance Government

More information will be disclosed soon
Farlandiay
Pontifex Maximus
Ravana


Former Positions/Other Titles
Ezaro Revera, Arch Imperator of Exodus, Member of the USSD Politburo, Public Defender of the LCN,

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2453
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Farlandiay wrote:The USSD Supports the Resistance Government

More information will be disclosed soon

Interesting! And will the "government-in-exile" accept the support of USSD? Inquiring minds want to know.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Liberty, Democracy, Solidarity - Thalassia

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Metal Mekhet
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Jan 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Metal Mekhet » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Farlandiay wrote:The USSD Supports the Resistance Government

More information will be disclosed soon


Is Vetelo supporting it because of Misley's comment?
A TRUE NATIVE SON OF LAZARUS

User avatar
Escade
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1019
Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Escade wrote:I miss when this whole Lazarus situation would be something that Miniluv reported on. Bring back Miniluv! Bringer of truth and justice the to the world! Or do we have to wait for the pendulum to swing back for that? How long do these ICs last? Some of them need time stamps so the rest of us can adjust.

If the South Pacific and the sham "government-in-exile" would prefer to engage in off-topic personal attacks rather than engaging with actual arguments, I can't say I blame you, because your arguments are incoherent and don't stand up against the slightest scrutiny.

Be that as it may, I have no interest in engaging with your petty personal distractions, and you're just making yourselves look bad to other regions who are looking at all of this and aren't sure what to make of it. That is perhaps not a wise strategy since you're going to need huge military numbers, and won't get them if people don't like your faction because of its pettiness. So please, by all means, continue. But I'm not interested.


I mean all of these Lazarus threads seem to be devolve\center into your posts or become about you. So at the end of the day which means they've been off-topic and off-brand for a while now. :roll:

Image


I also amn't sure, beyond the personal attacks in which you are like super petty, whether you are offering military tips to the resistance or not. Clarify? Although, I have to say you would look so much better railing against the dark oppressive forces of darkness - gives your fire a Joan of Arc feel instead of whatever this is which tbh is kind of meh.

User avatar
Lazarene Government
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jul 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazarene Government » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Farlandiay wrote:The USSD Supports the Resistance Government

More information will be disclosed soon

Interesting! And will the "government-in-exile" accept the support of USSD? Inquiring minds want to know.

No.

User avatar
Pentaga Giudici
Diplomat
 
Posts: 698
Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pentaga Giudici » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Just because you did less wrong, doesn't mean you weren't planning to do the same stuff he did.
Pentagonal Armaments
Sometimes you just need something to protect yourself with.


People talking without speaking. People hearing without listening.

I'm surprised too, maybe it's a sign things are looking up.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2453
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Lazarene Government wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Interesting! And will the "government-in-exile" accept the support of USSD? Inquiring minds want to know.

No.

Good answer. The opposite answer would probably have ended this before it began. :P
Cormac Skollvaldr
Liberty, Democracy, Solidarity - Thalassia

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Lazarene Government
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jul 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazarene Government » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Lazarene Government wrote:No.

Good answer. The opposite answer would probably have ended this before it began. :P

Death is a preferable alternative to the USSD.

User avatar
The Sygian
Envoy
 
Posts: 254
Founded: Jul 20, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Sygian » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Escade wrote:I mean all of these Lazarus threads seem to be devolve\center into your posts or become about you. So at the end of the day which means they've been off-topic and off-brand for a while now. :roll:

I also amn't sure, beyond the personal attacks in which you are like super petty, whether you are offering military tips to the resistance or not. Clarify? Although, I have to say you would look so much better railing against the dark oppressive forces of darkness - gives your fire a Joan of Arc feel instead of whatever this is which tbh is kind of meh.

1. Cormac is a man with strong opinions on most situations. There's nothing wrong with that, as this is a very political game. None of his posts have been off topic, and in fact, they've been adding more brush to the flame and spicing things up a bit, and sparking more conversation, thus making things a hell of a lot more interesting. If you think his posts are off-topic, report it in moderation as a threadjack but as far as I am concerned, he has been a key element in these discussions offering very explicit opinions and material to each of his posts.

I also don't know what your deal is with thinking that every post Cormac makes is a "personal attack," because... they're not?
Former Councilman of The Black Hawks
Former Chief Vizier and Guardian of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Pierconium wrote:you are somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

User avatar
Escade
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1019
Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:47 pm

The Sygian wrote:
Escade wrote:I mean all of these Lazarus threads seem to be devolve\center into your posts or become about you. So at the end of the day which means they've been off-topic and off-brand for a while now. :roll:

I also amn't sure, beyond the personal attacks in which you are like super petty, whether you are offering military tips to the resistance or not. Clarify? Although, I have to say you would look so much better railing against the dark oppressive forces of darkness - gives your fire a Joan of Arc feel instead of whatever this is which tbh is kind of meh.

1. Cormac is a man with strong opinions on most situations. There's nothing wrong with that, as this is a very political game. None of his posts have been off topic, and in fact, they've been adding more brush to the flame and spicing things up a bit, and sparking more conversation, thus making things a hell of a lot more interesting. If you think his posts are off-topic, report it in moderation as a threadjack but as far as I am concerned, he has been a key element in these discussions offering very explicit opinions and material to each of his posts.

I also don't know what your deal is with thinking that every post Cormac makes is a "personal attack," because... they're not?


Oh Sygian, hai there.

I totally agree with "Cormac is a man with strong opinions on most situations. " I really don't think anyone would contradict that statement. I expressed a preference for a different iteration.

On the second point, I don't know what you're referring to because every was not mentioned in the post. So confused.

How are you and where do you stand in this Lazerene version of Game of Thrones? I'm personally still lamenting Margery Tyrell's abrupt departure from the scene but at least there's hope.

P.S. Always willing to take military\strategy advice from those who know better etc. <3

(also not in the post reporting business unless they are actually egregious, come on everyone we're all IC here and civilized for the most part)
Last edited by Escade on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
The Sygian
Envoy
 
Posts: 254
Founded: Jul 20, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Sygian » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Escade wrote:On the second point, I don't know what you're referring to because every was not mentioned in the post. So confused.

You are constantly accusing Cormac of personal attacks whether it be in TSP, the NSGP discord server, or the gameplay forums. "Every post" is clearly an exaggeration, but my point still stands. None of his posts have been "personal attacks" so there's no need to falsely accuse him as doing such a thing. On the contrary, and with much irony, it is you doing the "personal attacks."

Escade wrote:How are you and where do you stand in this Lazerene version of Game of Thrones?

I think I've made my stance pretty clear that I support Funkadelia as he remains the sitting in-game delegate that was rightfully elected by WA endorsement count, thus making him the de facto delegate of Lazarus. If Lazarus does not like him being the delegate, they can withdraw their endorsements. In the meantime, Funkadelia can search for external support to assist in raising his endorsement count.
Former Councilman of The Black Hawks
Former Chief Vizier and Guardian of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Pierconium wrote:you are somewhere between Cormac's large and small intestine

User avatar
Roavin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1046
Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roavin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:06 pm

The Sygian wrote:I think I've made my stance pretty clear that I support Funkadelia as he remains the sitting in-game delegate that was rightfully elected by WA endorsement count, thus making him the de facto delegate of Lazarus. If Lazarus does not like him being the delegate, they can withdraw their endorsements. In the meantime, Funkadelia can search for external support to assist in raising his endorsement count.


You say it so candidly too :P
RoavinThe New Glen of the South Pacific

"Not to mention TSP are some democracy wankers
and democracy wanking is peak defender
" — Tim

NS Coders Discord | I am a LOLcat | Former First Warden of TGW

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Viridi Locus

Advertisement

Remove ads