NATION

PASSWORD

The Vast and Empty Sky (OOC/Worldbuilding/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:Also, because I can't resist a paradox: Emilia is tuning into a radio broadcast while moving several thousand times faster than the radio waves that carry it. That is some true techno-sorcery.

EDIT: Also, G-Tech, if the creepy woman is some kind of incarnation of Natalya, can Paul see her? Or is she exclusively in Flavian's head?

Yes, she is very much a physical being. Flavian is a bit insane, but only a touch for now.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Backatri
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Backatri » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Rup, what was that lost ship in the radio broadcast your character was listening to? Will that come in play later?
Card Carrying Member of the adhouse|Proud Member of the GIA

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Backatri wrote:Rup, what was that lost ship in the radio broadcast your character was listening to? Will that come in play later?

Shh, nobody is supposed to notice foreshadowing, so when events do come together we can all be suitably impressed at Rup's planning and foresight.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Backatri wrote:Rup, what was that lost ship in the radio broadcast your character was listening to? Will that come in play later?

I see you can notice foreshadowing, comrade, please follow me to gulag.

And yes, the Invictus will come into play later.

Reverend Norv wrote:Also, because I can't resist a paradox: Emilia is tuning into a radio broadcast while moving several thousand times faster than the radio waves that carry it. That is some true techno-sorcery.

It uses the same system Star Trek uses to get messages through space at faster-than-light speeds, which Star Trek calls 'subspace' but I'm pretty sure is really just 'magic'.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 pm

App should hopefully be up tomorrow.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:App should hopefully be up tomorrow.

Hooray!
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Name: 'Officially, Soldier Designate 32-C-9-90-16-7-7-R-24-Z-8-1. As that's a bloody mouthful and impossible to remember, call me Zetone.'

Age: 'Dunno. Depends what system's years you go by. I'd guess somewhere in the 30s, but I honestly dunno. Never saw the point in keeping track. What's so important about age anyways?'

Gender: 'Female, or that's the gender of the few remaining biological parts.'

Species: 'Human. Clone and cyborg. We call ourselves Soldiers though. With a capital S.'

Nationality/Allegiance: 'Myself. Well, myself and knowledge.'

Physical appearance: 'Roped in Zaine, Arty Zaine, we called him, to draw a sketch of me once, just to see what I looked like. Kept it as a reminder of better days. Here you go.'

Identifying Marks: 'Beyond the mass of cyborg implants, there's a massive white 1 painted on my back. Won't come off, and no paint will stick over it. Believe me I've tried. I also have my Soldier Designation on my right arm, in similar white paint.'

Skills: 'Well, I'm a survivor, first and foremost. Any surviving Soldiers are. Fieldcraft, basic mechanics and field maintenance, basic field surgery, I've had to do it all at some point. Not a terrible shot either, but I'm not the best either. Didn't need to be. My main field of expertise on the field, however, was salvage. We were cannon fodder, but we were inventive cannon fodder. I was our squad's salvage expert, who had the enviable job of salvaging enemy war machines for our own use and learning how to work the bastards or modifiying them so we could work them. Given time I can modify and learn to control pretty much anything that's a vehicle. Don't expect me to be any good in it, but I can operate it. Otherwise I was just one of the millions of grunts churned out by the war machine. Otherwise, well, I have picked up what many would call a stupidly large quantity of utterly useless information on myths, legends and history on my travels. Useful for finding where and what I'm heading in search of next.'

Personality: 'Oh no, not self-description. I, uh, kind-of suck at this stuff. Well, I'm curious for sure. Ever since the War ended and the survivors got released into the Galaxy at large, everything's been, well, new and exciting. I want to see it all. Especially the bits no one believes in. Yes, it has gotten me into danger. Yes, I survived, and yes, it did involve a great deal of ruthlessness and pragmatism as required. Yes, I may be slightly prone to massively overestimating the odds of my own survival in such cases and ignoring the value of others, but, well, I really never learned the value of life.'

Weaknesses: 'I've been told repeatedly that I'm a cold-hearted bitch, a sociopath, several words I can't pronounce but were probably various swear words and that I have no regard for life. Myself, or anyone else's. I suppose that's true. When everyone you knew was or is a number, and could die any day with a replacement number showing up in a few days, well, that tends to mean you don't get attached to people. I suppose you could say that I'm really terrible at getting along with people because of that, and I generally rub everyone up the wrong way. I think I'm getting better at it though. Otherwise, there's a reason I was a salvager, and that I survived against the odds; when it comes to it, I'm a coward I'm a great coward. There, I said it. I may have no regard for life, but pain hurts regardless, and running when crap hits the fan has kept me alive more times than not and kept the pain down to boot. I'm still here, after all.'

Likes/dislikes: 'I like pretty much everything. It's all new, it's all exciting, it's all not a grim meat grinder of a battlefield. I have a few gripes with it though. Some of the music can be a bit terrible, the food's expensive in some places, and for some reason space travel has never gone well with the cyborg parts, sets off some of the error receptors every once in a while which are bloody annoying.'

Interests: 'Myths, legends, exploring. There's a whole Galaxy out there, and I'm going to see every last bit of it. The non-empty bits, at least.'

Fears: 'I'm not going back to a war. Any war. I so much as hear mention of 'war' and I'll leave so fast you won't even know I was there in the first place. Well, that and magnets. Don't even get me started on magnets. Whoever invented those needs to have his grave be turned into the sewer for the entire Galaxy.'

Bio: 'I was born a Soldier. Us Soldiers, we're slightly genetically-altered clones of master templates. We're given accelerated growth for several years, then everything bar our brain and head is replaced bionics, and the skull is given a good lot of sub-dermal armour plating and the brain an information jack. They mass produce all the stuff. Never learned who 'they' were. Never really cared. After receiving our implants, we were given our designations and sent off to whichever unit on whichever battlefield we were assigned.'

'For me, my number was 32-C-9-90-16-7-7-R-24-Z-8-1. 32-C-9-90-16-7-7-R-24-Z-8-1, in full, lists all the commands I was subordinate to and my personal designation number, 1. We made up names from our final three numbers to tell people apart between squads; personal, squad and platoon. Being Z-8-1, I chose/was given Zetone. We were shipped off to some miserable boggy hellhole that began with C, and was the only planet beginning with C under 32 Area Command given our designation was C and didn't have any numbers or fancy other numerals after it. Never learned the name. Never saw the point. Anyways, we fought the Enemy.'

'Never learned who they were either. Don't really want to learn, I don't want to know what pointless excuse I watched people I called friends die for. They were always just the poor bastards facing the factory-produced hordes of clone cyborg fodder. They were better equipped, better trained; hence why we salvaged their stuff when possible. Learned off of Xnito. That's X-9-2, by the way. Nice guy. Think he survived too. Taught me how to salvage the enemy's technology, make it usable for us. The Enemy had a wide variety of species, and new ones kept showing up, so it was a constant race to learn how to salvage new stuff. I don't remember how long the war lasted. Days blended together. We fended off attacks, salavaged, counter-attacked, salvaged, were beaten back, salvaged. Cycle repeats.'

'Then someday, someone says that the war's over. Says that we're all dishonourably discharged for failing to win the war. We didn't know what to do next. Some of us settled down in the battlefields, founded new communities, brought in the factories from off-world. Some of us just committed suicide. We had no purpose anymore, so why live?'

'The rest of us, well, the rest of us scattered off into the shiny new Galaxy, and we were lost in all its glory and wonder. That's when I took up story-chasing, myth-busting, treasure-hunting. The most wondrous things in the Galaxy that no one had seen or found. I was bored, and these things, well, they seemed like an Enemy I could beat alone. So I went after them. I criss-crossed systems, borders, chasing vague phantoms. I suppose that was when I first learned what fun and adventure were, and they intoxicated me. So I kept going. And kept going. And here I stand today.'
Reason for Being on Thrawn B7: 'Just another port of call in the Galaxy, and this is my ride to the next one on the chase for myth and legend.'
RP Sample: Lemme find one.
CAPTAIN TO ENTERPRISE (DO NOT REMOVE)

Finished early. I think.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:48 pm

I like it. Accepted.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Post will have to be out tomorrow.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:27 am

Rupudska wrote:Better. Your grammar is a bit iffy, but I stopped caring too much about grammar (as long as it wasn't eye-searingly bad) a while ago. Accepted.

Okaayy, so uh, what can my char and ship do at the moment?
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:47 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Better. Your grammar is a bit iffy, but I stopped caring too much about grammar (as long as it wasn't eye-searingly bad) a while ago. Accepted.

Okaayy, so uh, what can my char and ship do at the moment?

You didn't even wait for my reply, did you? :eyebrow:

Anyway you could have (and probably should have) just posted it so that you had been 'there' the whole time, or at least since Paul showed up at the Ugly Deckling on page 1. Would have been easier, and the Isaac would be less likely to just attack you for seeming to follow them, whether Ser Broden had wanted you to be on the team or not.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 am

Rupudska wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Okaayy, so uh, what can my char and ship do at the moment?

Anyway you could have (and probably should have) just posted it so that you had been 'there' the whole time, or at least since Paul showed up at the Ugly Deckling on page 1. Would have been easier, and the Isaac would be less likely to just attack you for seeming to follow them, whether Ser Broden had wanted you to be on the team or not.

So what happens now :O
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Backatri
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Backatri » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:37 am

Planet Name: Apollonios
Atmosphere: 65% O2, 25% N2, 10% Other
Size and Mass: 6598 km in diameter, 6.25 x 1024 kg
Axial Tilt, Orbital Distance, and Number 15.2 degrees, 147.2 million km, 1st planet
Geography and Climate: Tropical rainforest towards the equator, Boreal Forests at poles, generally warm enough to support tree life at all points on the globe.
Culture and History: Apollonios was a typical planet, being noted by very briefly by passing spacefarers going to more exciting places. Towards the end of the Rheim Imperium it was used to test bioengineered organisms. This left a planet covered in trees, and home to other, less visible, animals of great power, animals who were designed as weapons and knew only destruction of all human life. After the Cyanian Empire was established, the planet was noticed by romantics yearning for the days of Livingstone and Shackleton. These romantics wished to be great explorers, roughing it out in the great unknown, shooting savages and naming landmarks after themselves. They organized expeditions with very high requirements, often made in the style of Stanley and Livingstone's expeditions, so no tech, no rescue beacon, and no laser weapons. None of these explorers were aware of the bioengineered monstrosities on the surface, leading to astronomical death tolls, and a surface covered in pith helmets, naval sextants, and regret for not carrying a distress beacon. Expeditions are still going on, although at smaller rates and with safety in mind.
BIG OL' BALL (DO NO REMOVE)
Last edited by Backatri on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:39 am

Ah, good. All hands to battle-stations and whatnot. A rogue ship trying to intercept our VIP!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:58 am

So, what ship should I stick Zetone on?

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 am

Korhal IVV wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

So what happens now :O

I'm torn. On one hand, I would much rather have it that you simply went along with the ride so we could focus on exploring the Isaac for now and give everyone some down time before the first bit of combat started. On the other hand, a ship late to the meeting and causing a misunderstanding eliminates the need for me to come up with an idea for the first combat situation, and it'll be short enough that combat will be very brief.

Lunas Legion wrote: by Lunas Legion » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 am

So, what ship should I stick Zetone on?

I say have her have gone straight onto the Isaac. If nothing else, she can ride with Emilia, or join Paul on Flavian's ship.
Last edited by Rupudska on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Backatri
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Backatri » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:44 pm

We haven't had a desert world yet!

The wreck of the Sweet Melody as photographed by the rescue team. No crew members were found in or near the wreck, and a note found on the bridge suggests that the crew attempted a hike to a supply cache located 570 km from the crash site. No sign of habitation has been found at the supply cache.

Planet Name: Neno
Atmosphere: 17% O2 76% N2 7% other, not to mention a whole lot of dust hangs in the air
Size and Mass: 7356 km in diameter, 7.24 x 1023 kg
Axial Tilt, Orbital Distance, and Number 26.5 degrees, 93.6 million km, and 1st planet
Geography and Climate: Vast, windswept deserts, little water supporting the smallest amount of plant life, and insufferably hot.
Culture and History: Neno is a desert planet, the only planet in its system. It would generally be ignored as another useless planet of the Void, but it lies on a critical trade route, and many ships in distress have been forces to set down on its inhospitable surface, finding no other option. Due to this, the planet's only moon, Howland, is home to a Cyanian Navy base for the purpose of rescuing downed ships. However, due to communication issues caused by a solar flare heavy sun, many ships are not accounted for and rescue isn't at hand. To combat this, the Cyanian Navy has scattered supply caches across the planet, with distress beacons and a promise to visit these caches often to check for survivors. All the caches in the world however still leave vast expanses where the only touch of life is wrecked ships.

Owing to it's lonely location, Communication ruining solar flares, and inhospitable landscape, Neno was voted by the Sol Mariner's Association as the worst place in the galaxy in 3510.
BIG OL' BALL (DO NO REMOVE)
Last edited by Backatri on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Well, Thrawn B7 is a desert moon.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Imma post responding to Backatri. Korhaal has said he'll edit his post, so I'm going to ignore his post as it is for now until he edits it.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Would the cargo bay thing be able to fit a 32 dfoot tall strike craft?

Jsut waning to make sure that His ship can fit there before i psot with my Korvash, since we haveconfimred taht the Hallways can fit my 8ft tall Korvash.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Would the cargo bay thing be able to fit a 32 dfoot tall strike craft?

Jsut waning to make sure that His ship can fit there before i psot with my Korvash, since we haveconfimred taht the Hallways can fit my 8ft tall Korvash.

Shadowwell give your spellcheck another kick. And yes, the hangar can fit your ship easily. It can fit all of our ships.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Would the cargo bay thing be able to fit a 32 dfoot tall strike craft?

Shadowwell give your spellcheck another kick. And yes, the hangar can fit your ship easily. It can fit all of our ships.

Sorrry about that, it has been spasming since I posted something about an rp that had a MLP Anthro, but anyways, my post may have to wait, got some things i need to do unfortunately, but I shall get something out tomorrow at the latest.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 am

The edit has been done.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Rup, I'll have Zetone arrange herself to travel on the Issac beforehand, with the captain having briefed her the same as everyone else was briefed by the CyInt guy, if that's fine.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Rup, I'll have Zetone arrange herself to travel on the Issac beforehand, with the captain having briefed her the same as everyone else was briefed by the CyInt guy, if that's fine.

Hooray! Someone for Benedict to talk to.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse