NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 33 - Avranches, Normandy and Picardy

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

11. Merecendi

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:45 pm

11. Merecendi
"LORD OH LORD OH LORD OH LORD" - isweariamacomputer.exe

Tune: Knife Party - 404
Language(s): English
Lyrics: isweariamacomputer.exe
Music: isweariamacomputer.exe

Thankfully nothing was provided...that is probably a good thing too.

The stage screens show the default desktop background for Windows XP. A typewriter is typing on a human on the central projecting platform. A friendly CGI digital face pops up on a window on the desktop
Kids, don't take shooters
They will fuck up your eyeballs like hooters.

The stage begins flashing rhythmically
These shooters

The stage begins pulsing with incredibly trippy digital images and patterns to the music, toning down when it gets soft and intensifying with the buildups
LORD OH LORD OH LORD OH LORD

Slightly pixelated multicolored dragon maws and tentacle monsters like 32-bit Rorschach blotches spiral out of the screen like a oddly digitized Lovecraftian kaleidoscope with a garishly vibrant hippie color scheme. At points they look stunningly realistic somehow (inspiration for art direction, but with more floral and neon colors)
[massive music buildup]

The ambient lighting goes out, leaving an array of spotlights randomly strobing straight down into the dark arena, in front of the kaleidoscopic hallucinatory stage

As the music fades, the stage and lights fade into darkness. A single spotlight turns on to illuminate the typewriter, which has written a 36 page long background story for itself upon its human. Unfortunately the typewriter began hopping off the stage with its story, never to be seen again, its incredibly verbose and long-winded history never to be revealed to the salivating masses of WHF.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

12. Goluta (Postcard)

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:46 pm

This is where Goluta's postcard will go

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

12. Goluta

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:48 pm

12. Goluta
"Spread My Wings" - ALMANAC ft. Rillit School Children's Choir

Tune: Hey, Doreen - Lucius
Lyrics: Bemjaj Kattjov, Will Korzuf, Dorjaj Kaprinn, Saraj Bossvall, Tiltjaj Goruss
Music: Bemjaj Kattjov, Will Korzuf, Dorjaj Kaprinn, Saraj Bossvall, Tiltjaj Goruss

ALMANAC is a Golutian indie band, notable for being all-female, with the exception of pianist Will Korzuf. The band consists of:
Bemjaj Kattjov - Vocals
Will Korzuf - Piano
Dorjaj Kaprinn - Bass Guitar
Saraj Bossvall - Guitar
Tiltjaj Goruss - Drums

Additionally, for this performance, ALMANAC have asked for the help of a bunch of children, 20 in total, of the Rillit School Children's Choir. These children, all of age 9-13, are students of the Rillit Elementary School, in Ammado, and was also the primary school that Bemjaj and Saraj attended.

As the music starts, the stage lights up, revealing Bemjaj lying on a silver sheet that's placed on a cloud, wearing a white dress reminiscent of a toga, somewhat simile to the typical wear of the Golutian colonisers (the Lonish). She's supporting herself on her elbow, hips and legs. Before she begins to sing, she sits up on her cloud, her feet and lower legs dangling a few centimeters above the ground still. The sails LED screens display a blue sky with a few white woolly clouds, while the floor is displaying a sky-high view of Goluta.
Feeling the wind
It's taking me down

If I fall I am doomed
If I fall I can't go anywhere but be banned to the surface

My lonely voyage
Is stopped in its tracks so
I've gotta get up
I've gotta get up
I'm watching the clouds, and hoping for this storm to end

Oh oh oh yeahea
Oh ohoho yeaheahea
Oh ohoh yeah can I beat the freaking gravity-y?

Please don't ask
I'm going too fast
To see, to see the bigger things
Please don't say
I know I can't stay
To see,Navigate to the nearest haven to save yourself
The bigger things

Beat the freaking gravity-y

Feel rain on my skin
The times sure do fly by
Ah Ah Oh Oh Oh Ah Ah Oh
Haven't seen such a storm
In all of my flights, but luck'ly I found a place to hide

The snowflakes they fall
But soon they melt
Ah Ah Oh Oh Oh Ah Ah Oh
Searching for you
I'm looking in crowds but people they move too fast for me

Oh oh oh yeahea
Oh ohoho yeaheahea
Oh ohoh yeah can I beat the freaking gravity-y?

Please don't ask
I'm going too fast
Oh I hope
That a one fine day will come
I'll see,
Navigate to the nearest haven to save yourself
The bigger things
I don't know
If I can face this storm
And to try
Navigate to the nearest
Beat the freaking gravity

I think I can fly, I know I can fly, I can fly, spread my wi-ings

Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh ohoh
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
Oooh woooh oooh oooh
Oh oh oh ohoh
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
She can spread her wings
Oh oh oh oh
Oooh woooh oooh oooh
Ah Ah Oh Oh Oh Ah Ah Oh
Oh oh oh ohoh
Oh oh oh oh
Ah Ah Oh Oh Oh Ah Ah Oh
Oh oh oh oh
She can spread her wings
Oh oh oh oh
Oooh woooh oooh ooooh
Ah Ah Oh Oh Oh Ah Ah Oh
Oh oh oh ohoh
Oh oh oh oh
Ah Ah Oh Oh Oh Ah Ah Oh
Oh oh oh oh

Please don't ask
I'm going too fast
Oh I hope
That a one fine day will come
I'll see
Ah Ah Oh Oh Oh Ah Ah Oh
I don't know
If I can face this storm
And I'll try,
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

13. Darkmania (Postcard)

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Postcard spot number 13 is reserved for Darkmania

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

13. Darkmania

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:57 pm

13. Darkmania
"Byttedyr" - Clare Isis Lonfem

Tune: Kerli – Spirit Animal
Title Translation: Preyanimal
Language(s): Norwegian (Bokmål form)
Lyrics and Music: Joanatan Höster, Area 52 Remix Group, Clare Isis Longfem, Däniel Yrdempër

Nothing to see here *whistles and walks away*

The entry takes a few extra seconds as there are some technical problems.

*BANG*

The entry starts with a bang with Clare spinning with 4 topless male dancer. All of them in a spinging platform

Hvorfor er du imot meg? (Why are you against me?)
Fordi jeg er sterk og uavhenig? (Is it because I am strong and indipendent?)
Gå vekk, din drittsekk (Go away, you dochebag)
Gutter som deg skal ikke skade meg (Boys like you shall not damage me)
Jeg er ikke en fitte, jeg er sterk. (I am not a pussy, I am strong)
La vennene dine blir ulver og skade meg (Let your friends become wolves and damage me)
Ulver jager deg, så stikk av (Wolves chase you, so escape now)
Vet du at jeg er fri fra deg? (Do you know i am free from you?)

Both Clair and the dancers jump out of the spinning platform and begin to sing the bridge. There are flames popping up for every step they take in the dance, with is a lot of steps.

Kjære gutt, du har havnet på feil sted (Dear boy, you came to the wrong place)
Er ikke redd for blod (Not afraid for blood)
Jeg har makt og er sterk (I have power and I am strong)
Jeg jager seg som byttedyr (I chase you like preyanimal)

Flames intensifies.

Kjære gutt, du har havnet på feil sted (Dear boy, you hav come to the wrong place)

The songs raw power blows the audience away.

As the next lines was a breach of Darkmanian rules, they simply repied the verse one again.

Hvorfor er du imot meg? (Why are you against me?)
Fordi jeg er sterk og uavhenig? (Is it because I am strong and indipendent?)
Gå vekk, din drittsekk (Go away, you dochebag)
Gutter som deg skal ikke skade meg (Boys like you shall not damage me)
Jeg er ikke en fitte, jeg er sterk. (I am not a pussy, I am strong)
La vennene dine blir ulver og skade meg (Let your friends become wolves and damage me)
Ulver jager deg, så stikk av (Wolves chase you, so escape now)

The cameranow takes a shot from a Figetspinner Slavie thrown away.

The boys slides across the stage and beligns to bang their drums.

Some of the drumser goes like "Fuck this" and beings to dance on the wter. There is a shot of one dancer rolling around in yellow water.

The boys lift her and place here in a glasscage with 3 walls. When she is inside, she turns around and faces the audience.

Clare punches one of the glass wall she is surrounded and it shatters.

This ends the song with a big aplause from the audience. The persions on the stage all thanks all and are saying "Thank you" in many diffrent lanugeses, inluding Norwegian, Darkmanian, Neumen and English.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

14. Izmedu (Postcard)

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Postcard number 14, Izmedu

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

14. Izmedu

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:10 pm

14. Izmedu
"Dignitet" - Gordan Glavas

Tune: Ermal Meta - Vietato Morire
Title Translation: Dignity
Language(s): Izmeduan
Lyrics: Gordan Glavas
Music: Gordan Glavas

“I am 57 years old now, my time has come. Even so, I cannot stand the sight of those suffering, especially those younger than I am. In the eyes of the world, I've had my chances to succeed. However, that does not mean I stand silent.” - Gordan Glavas

“Gordan, are you ok?”

The words of Izmedu's World Hit Festival head of delegation seemed to bypass Gordan Glavas as he was off staring into the distance at the Stade D'Avranches Diron, looking so nondescript that one could almost mistake him as just a delegation member and not the actual delegation artist. His thoughts were heavy at the moment. It wasn't the performance that was beginning to get the veteran artist to keel over, but everything that had led up to it... Despite being selected by RTI an edition in advance, the wait to perform in the 33rd World Hit Festival was marked with a road of never-ending tragedy that he bore witness to. In a way, he drew parallels to Zoran Saldo. Gordan not only bore witness to tragedy befalling the country, but tragedies in his own life... One that made the song resonate further than just a chance entry that once was in contention to represent a contest. It'd become a message for him... With this bearing down his mind, Gordan looked at the head of delegation and laid a shoulder on him.

“I will be...” Gordan said softly, nodding before looking intensely at the wall.

Gordan was one of the biggest names in the Izmeduan music industry in its modern era, in which he was hailed as the last bastion for an old, more organic style of pop with a focus on cultural expression and language preservation, with a career spanning over four decades with him starting off as a teen singer when he was just 14 years old. He sang exclusively in Izmeduan for all of his career, representing himself as a man proud of who he was and where he came from (the distrct of Stari-Pozemia and in larger terms, the Izmeduan historical region of Istocni). However, this cost him commercial success, with no label daring to take him as a regular contracted artist, but it didn't diminish his profile at the slightest. His lack of a pop label to support him caused Gordan to spend much of his career releasing independently and doing intimate gigs even as his star grew larger. This translated into huge respect from Gordan's colleagues, many of whom knew Gordan as a hard-working performer who would always play his local club in Kaspari decades after he was first introduced as 'the 14 year old boy down the street.'

However, for Gordan, performing only made part of his artistry. What perhaps inspired Gordan more than any other was the notion of fatherhood, of which his own life history was marked with two critical father figure disappearing from his life. He vividly remembered that moment when he decided to take a music career as the only way to support his family. Gordan's biological father, a coal worker in Izmedu's short-lived in coal industry, died in a tragic mine accident in its eastern districts when Gordan was at the tender age of 12. This was the spark that caused his introductory music in Gordan's adolescence to be tinged with pain that people would expect from someone much older. While going through his career, he had also developed a strong father figure relationship with an older singer, whom he would eventually surpass in terms of fame and success. His name was Ernest Sedlar, a singer who had gone through similar circumstances as Gordan. Ernest mentored Gordan through the first three decades of his career. He had taught Gordan how to manage the media, how to secure gigs, and was the person responsible for orchestrating Gordan's successful albums era when the young singer was in his 20s and 30s. In fact, Gordan ascribes much of his career to that one man. But like his biological father, tragically passed when Gordan turned 51, following a long battle with throat cancer.

Left with no one to turn to, Gordan himself became a father just a few years before Ernest died. Marrying at 36, he and his wife conceived their first born son, Vedran Glavas at the 10 year mark of their marriage together. Despite Ernest Sedlar's death hanging over the shadows of Vedran's young life, Gordan felt fulfilled being the one driving the father and son relationship. It was during this time that his music began to take a turn towards the concerns of parenthood (and where the first drafts of Gordan's eventual entry to Izmepisma and WHF33, “Dignitet,” began to appear). While he was busy performing and supporting family, Gordan dedicated as much time as humanly possible to develop a relationship with Vedran. While he had a loving relationship, what Gordan could not stop was the bullying that his son endured.

Vedran was outcasted during his elementary school age, bearing the brunt of being bullied and tormented at the ages of 7 and 10. Gordan began to vividly remember each incident that was brought up to him after each night of performing... It was juvenile at first, wedgies, practical jokes, all so childish. It all developed into actual epithets against him, with many slinging homophobic remarks against Vedran, with some even wishing that he died, all culminating into a bullying incident that led to Vedran's hospitalization and eventual death... Events that Gordan refused to recount in full and share to the public, and even in Avranches as he reflected upon it, his chest was overwhelmed with the amount that he had just thought about, and the almost unlikely amount of tragedy that he had to bear.

No amount of songwriting could ever bring back the three people that he lost, but Gordan had to find a way to immortalize what fatherhood had thought him... Everyday, he regret that he didn't do enough, and he confessed his emotional toils everyday in his songs. This tonal shift reflected in the way he couducted his concerts and recorded his extended plays. This was around the time that “Dignitet” truly began to take shape, as he began to inculcate an interest in anti-bullying activism in the wake of his son's long but unexpected death. He long thought about how so many people were treated without proper respect, picked on as weak targets by the cruel without any meaning for their welfare. Gordan realized, despite all of his respect and stature in music, he too was once a target like he son, but he survived the toils of it. Now, he had carved out a role as someone who had lost a father and a son... He felt a duty to prevent anyone else from feeling the same. He used the only tools he knew how to use effectively, his voice and his songwriting.

“Dignitet” became a simultaneous statement on his feelings of that subject, as well as a way to reclaim fatherhood, and as a way to salve the pain of losing not only his son, but also his two father figures. Many years in the making and an Izmepisma later, Gordan stood ready in the Stade D'Avranches Diron, his moment on the stage was there.

Papa... Ernest... Vedran... Give me strength...

-The Izmeduan language is a somewhat hybridized version of the Croatian language and the extinct Dalmatian language, speakers of any South Slavic language should be able to follow the song without translations to a certain extent. Izmeduan also uses a slightly different spelling format as it follows the 'Ikavian' dialect and form of the Common Slavic jat reflex. Words such as 'Svijet' in standard Croatian are 'Svit' in Izmeduan.
-In this current version of Izmeduan (not shared by our JWHF entries), the Izmeduan language has more elements borrowed from the Dalamatian language, and thus there are more romantic influences resonating within the language than before.
-Izmeduan borrows its entire alphabet from Croatian, including all of its diacritics.
-Č is pronounced with a hard 'ch,' like the word Church
-ć is pronounced with a soft 'ch,' like the word Child
-š is pronounced with an 'sh' sound, like the word Sheep
-ž is pronounced with a hard z-like 's' sound on a second syllable, like the 's' in the word Measure
-A translation is provided at the end of the entry

Stage lights billowed down to the center of the stage in the Stade D'Avranches Diron, heralding a huge crowd cheer for the Izmeduan entry just moments before it was due to start. Gordan was not on the stage at all, but was instead hidden in one of the side stages. He would be wearing this outfit for the performance. On the main stage were three teenage boys, strategically positioned like a schoolyard scene. As the lights died down, the crowd cheer began to subside. Two electronic guitar notes heralded the beginning of the entry, with two lights shining down on the stage briefly before getting into orchestra dominated beginning.

The introduction was played to a solemn orchestral melody, the hums of the background singers coinciding with the appearance of dark, stormy clouds on the LED screens behind the three teenage boys. Three dimly spotlights began to shine on them. The scene set-up during this intro was the youngest of the teenage boys trying to walk away, but during the introduction, he was cajoled and grabbed by the shoulders by the older two. It was a wordless bullying scene being played on the stage, with them threatening to punch the younger boy, and the camera catching his abject fear as one of them was about to punch him. The other older boy stopped, not out of compassion, but of devising some far worse for the poor boy they were about to bully...

Ah djeca abandonu el stari svit
Znam la pol vrlo dobro, Znam poli me sjajan
Ste preziro čitavo vrime izvan
Cic mariti za tebe ili tvoja jamna
Život ostavlja ti straga nemarno
Čak alič el sunce alzurse kod sčor
Ona demuni utjere te
A jesu kukavice tko su slab

For the initial part of the first verse, Gordan's face was ghostly imposed on the screen as the bully scene continued on, with the two older boys taking it to a far higher level than necessary. Gordan sang with his eyes closed and head bowed, his expression solemn as his face framed the scene on stage. Both of the boys held up the youngest one, hoisting him on their shoulders collectively as he appeared to try and resist. The camera angles, constantly close to these three, focused on the cruel joviality of the bullies and the utter misery of the victim. Gordan opened his eyes at the moment he sang 'alic el sunce,' with the screen image of the dark clouds beginning to turn slightly brighter, and his ghostly face had an expression of determination and fire. At that line, the bullies released the younger boy from their grasp, with him on the floor on his knees. Despite his pain, as Gordan sang the last two lines, the camera had a shot of the younger boy on the foreground, with the background of the two boys laughing in blurred focus. The lights dimmed on the bullies as Gordan sang the last two lines.

Oni kažu samo obmana i mržnja
Oni žele pasti kod faina beščašće
Ako ih pustiš pobjede izvan otpor
Neće biti ne ufanje ili šansa

At the second part of the long first verse, Gordan's face disappeared from the view as crowd cheers could be heard with Gordan's physucal entrance on the stage, where he could be seen walking from Catwalk 1 towards the main stage. The camera faded to a frontal view of him that moved backwards as he walked towards to where the young boy was at. The instrumentation, while still at its rumbling history, began to take on a tinge of slight hope. By the third line, Gordan reached the boy in pain with the camera paring back its movement and focusing on the burgeoning scene. He kneeled down, a fatherly look clear in Gordan's eyes as he caressed the boy's cheek. The boy appeared in resistant to Gordan's caring, but at the fourth line, Gordan held his attention with the same persistent fatherly look, to which the boy appeared to begin to place a little bit of trust in him as he allowed Gordan to touch his shoulder.

Slušaj me adias, boriš sa častom
Držaj tvoj cup jakom i budeš fuart djeca
La svit i tvoji demuni neće pokazati
Milost ili ljubaznost prema tabi uopće

Gordan sang these words with pure conviction, with the camera turning sideways now in front of the audiences, to catch a better view of him. At this, the boy began to take Gordan's words seriously, with him looking beginning to trust Gordan as the figure he desperately needed at the moment. At the end of the verse, Gordan stood up from his kneeling, offering a hand for the young boy to take. The camera briefly closed up on their hands at this moment, with the boy taking it and going up just in time for the chorus...

Nikad ne dopustiš tvoji neprijatelji
Ardaju tvoj cre pošto ti si bolje od budale
Imaš nešto kod im nedostajes i nemamu
Ti si čovjek fuart, poštovanje, i dika

The camera zoomed out further at the advent of the song's chorus, with Gordan helping the boy up as he belted out the lyrics, his eyes directing the energy towards the young boy as he nodded at what Gordan was singing. At the second line, Gordan turned towards the audiences as his eyes were closed, with one hand holding always holding the boy's hand as he sang. Behind them, streaks of sunlight began to pierce through the dark clouds, heralding that there perhaps might be hope, which coincided with the song's more hopeful instrumentation and appearance of a stronger orchestral backing. At the fourth and final line, Gordan turned towards the boy, with both hands at both shoulders, and sang these lines directly at him.

Znam mi riči izgledaju fuals
Maja langa i mi izgled su
Sličan tebi i bio sam debol
Ne demenum la pol yel poniženje

After the chorus, the clouds on the LED screen darkened immediately as it turned into a scene of Gordan and the young boy derelict on the stage, walking against the darkness. Despite Gordan's earlier words of motivation from the chorus, the boy again turned resistant from Gordan's attempt at comfort and solace. At the halfway mark of this first part of the second verse, the camera closed up on Gordan and the young boy ceasing to walk, with Gordan making a motion towards his face and kneeling down again. He made non-verbal cues that he too was bullied just like the young boy. The two bullies could be seen walking back towards the stage from the second catwalk, and Gordan immediately stood up, protecting the young boy.

Oni kažu samo obmana i mržnja
Oni žele pasti kod faina beščašće
Ne adaraš abas nakad na
Bio sam. Adias, mi zadatak je braniti.

At the second half of the second verse, Gordan used his entire body as a shield to repel away the older bullies away from the young boy, singing these lines directly at them even if these words were directed towards the boy he was protecting. The camera zoomed in on each scenic moment, primarily tethered to Gordan as he looked at the bullies with a clear message, 'stay away from this boy.' They advanced closer towards Gordan, but his steadfastness and intense tone as he sang began to make the bullies falter. At the second line, those two older bullies simply stood there, incredulous as their expressions made it clear that they thought something was wrong with Gordan. Then, one of them made a motion to punch Gordan, to which he grabbed the hand of the assaulting teenage boy and stared at him intensely at the end of the second verse. In the half-second interval between that and the chorus, the teenage boys ran from the stage.

Imaš nešto kod im nedostajes i nemamu

At this chorus, the instrumentation peaked to a more hopeful crescendo, the orchestral background going higher and higher. This even reflected on the background screens, with more streaks of sunlight piercing the dark clouds and the Stade D'Avranches Diron being bathed in a white light for this entire chorus. The camera re-focused itself to a mid-range center view of the stage, as Gordan passionately sang the chorus as he marched, with the young boy next to him following suit, holding his hand. Gordan held one hand to his chest, laying every emotion not only from the current moment, but of moments past as he sang this song... He thought about his papa, who would whisper these same words to him, to Ernest... who'd encourage him by saying he was strong, and to his own son... By the fourth line, the boy had let go of his hand, feeding off the confidence and energy that Gordan was giving him, and was marching on his own after the chorus.

Ai Mari, advianti prije nas placar
Pomozi mi braniti ovaj mladić, trebam tvoj fuart i tvoje učenje
Da nisam denj medcuriti, željem mu siguran, jer zasluži tvoj blagodat
Mari, on ima dignitet. Baš kao nama, ne može ukrasti, ne može ukrasti

The screen images disappeared, the Stade D'Avranches Diron went dark, as the camera focused on a close up of Gordan with a sideways view of his face. Despite being the pillar of strength, he himself fell down to one knee, an exhaustion is his face as the time around him 'stopped.' The boy seemed to be locked into place with a smile, but what he didn't notice was that the boy had grown concerned for the old singer as he was on the floor, eyes closed as he sang the bridge. Gordan held one fist to his head as he sang to the invocation of his privately held Catholic fate, singing to Mary Magdalene... Catechized in Izmeduan culture as Mari. His face looked as if he was on the verge of breakdown as he pleaded to Mary to not only keep the boy safe, but he also thought to his biological son, Vedran, at that moment... At the moment he sang the song's title at the final line of the bridge, Gordan looked up, the spotlight catching his impassioned place as he sang his plea of dignity.

Moj sin, hoćeš alzurseti kod el sčor proslosti

The camera zoomed away slightly from Gordan as it was seen that the young boy whom he had supported was now returning the favor. There was a hand held out for Gordan during the second silence between the bridge and the final chorus, the Gordan took it gently, allowing the boy to 'help' him out as the drums made the quick transition to the chorus, which he sang with the same fervor and passion as earlier. The movements between them both looked far more father and son, both of them marching together, hands held with strength instead of weakness, standing confidently as the dark clouds paved way for a clear day behind them. White lights streaked into a hopeful yellow in the Stade D'Avranches Diron as the camera made brief surveys into the crowd, showing various flags being waved around during the powerful chorus. In here, the lines between the performance and what inspired the song truly blurred, and Gordan was singing with an emotionality so intense that the last two lines resonated through the Stade D'Avranches Diron from an intensity that he didn't even knew he had.

Mari, on ima dignitet
Moj sin, ne može ukrasti
Mari, on ima dignitet
Moj sin, ne može ukrasti
Moj sin, ne može ukrasti

For the song's closing, the camera was focused on Gordan as the boy continued to march towards the audience's direction as he fell behind deliberately. Gordan looked again at the ceiling at each mention of Mary, as he kept reminding the boy on stage of the one thing he fundamentally he had... Dignity. His vocals again were filled with a fervor, to the point where any attempt at controlling his emotions would be futile. The song's orcehstral melody peaked and swirled, with all of the lights at the Stade D'Avranches Diron as well shining down on both of them. Gordan looked at the boy with a mixture of both sadness and immense pride, his pleas turning into reminders of strength.

Ne može ukrasti

Gordan nearly whisper sang this final line as the Stade D'Avranches Diron went dark at the song's conclusory lyric. The crowd cheer was immense as the lights cutting out did not catch Gordan's near collapse from the overwhelming sense of emotions he was beginning to feel. In fact, he wasn't even sure if he could hear the crowd, all he knew was that the performance was over, and that every aspect of his mind and body that he had used was spent.

It's over... It's over... he thought in his head as the stage lights went to normal.

Before he left, Gordan wanted to do one more thing. He reached forward for the boy who performed as the young bullied child, and the singer hugged him intensely, causing another round of cheers. The hug had to be quick, and both of them had to leave the stage quickly.

"Hvala!" Gordan shouted to the crowd.

It didn't matter now how the rest of the night went for Gordan.

I did it... Vedran, Ernest, Papa... I know you'll never be with me but... I hope... you were watching and that you're all... proud...

Oh young child left behind by this old world
I know the pain too well, I know it hurts immensely
You've been looked down your whole life without
Anyone to care for you or your soul
Life leaves you behind so carelessly
Even at the sun's rise from darkness
Those demons may chase you
But they are cowards who are weak

They spew nothing but deceit and hatred
They want you to fall with pure dishonor
If you let them win without resistance
There will be no hope or chance

Listen to me, fight with honor
Hold your head high and be strong young one
The world and your demons will not show
Mercy or kindness towards you

Never let your enemies
Burn you down because you are better than those fools
You have something that they miss and do not have.
You are a man of strength, respect, and pride.

I know my words appear like lies
The way I speak and the way I look are
Similarly, I too was weak
I could not forget the pain or the humiliation

They spew nothing but deceit and hatred
They want you to fall with pure dishonor
Don't you ever get burned...
Like I was... My job is to protect you now.

Never let your enemies
You have something that they miss and do not have.

Ave Maria, arrive before us please...
Help me protect this young boy, I need your strength and your guidance
If I'm not worthy of being saved, I want him safe, because he deserves your blessing
Maria, he has dignity. Just like ours, it cannot be taken, it cannot be taken

Never let your enemies
My son, you will rise above the darkness of the past

Maria, he has dignity
My son, it cannot be taken
Maria, he has dignity
It cannot be taken...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

15. Kwadai (Postcard)

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Kwadai, Kwadai, Kwadai... it'll be number 15 for you

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:14 pm

15. Kwadai
Real - Nayla Farooqi

Tune: Severina - Mrtav Bez Mene
Lyrics: Nayla Farooqi, Vladimir Kovać
Music: Adam Khalaf, Nayla Farooqi, Vladimir Kovać

Hello...Is there anyone here?

After the Kwadaian postcard faded away the screen began to zoom in on the stage which was currently devoid of any features until the melody began. The stage appeared as a wall of mirrors with Nayla standing on the central pedestal dressed in a black body hugging outfit paired with a long flowing cape. Her dark brown hair was hanging straight and loose down over the sides of her face with one side over her shoulder, the other on front. Her makeup was dark and smoky and enhanced her eyes. For home viewers the screen would shake like a tremor as the mirrors flipped some showing her face, others the face of an unidentifiable male.

You, you're the ghost who haunts my dreams
Silent and taunting me
How do I keep you out
When all you want is in
Now nothing I do will be
Enough to hold on to
How I lived before
Your iron grip came on me
All the times I refused your love are now crashing in on me
Time can't be turned I must break free

As the chorus ensues the flipping mirrors all shatter and the main screen becomes a waterfall of shattered glass highlighted with a scarlet reflection. Here it's shown that there is four drummers playing large drums surrounded by women dancing with swaying movements dressed in what are a reimagined version of traditional Kwadaian belly dancing attire, all in scarlet and gold. The screen now appears to be pulling the shards in to a 3D vortex before stopping and flying them all forward again and melting away to black.

You cut my heart right open
Exposed its darkest secrets
No figure of imagination
Go hide in her safer arms

Are you frightened of what you discovered?
Realised it's not what you thought?
I'm never going to be a saint

Now Nayla strides back to the main stage camera following, but half way she is met by the female dancers who left her onto their shoulders and carry her the rest of way, wind effects billowing her hair and cape where we see Arabic calligraphy emerge in the fabric. The image turns blurry as the main screen rapidly shows words and the faces again, while deliberately hard to see, concentration would allow the words, pain, anger, fury, revenge to be picked out, both in English and Arabic.

My hands are no longer clean or pure
Tainted from your remains
And they will not go back
To how they were
If I still hold on to you
Yet that's harder than it seems
But I need to tell myself
That's enough
All the times I let you win, no
Were mistakes
You're no longer a part of me

The words then covered the entire screen before like the mirrors before them, shattering and exploding into a whirlpool shape. Red drops gathering in the screen slid down and continued along the floor as if it there were streams of cerise liquid running beneath them.

No figure of imagination

Over the next few seconds she walks in circles her hands tracing over the edge of her face and covering her eyes while the dancer's hands slide up her side before running through her hair. (Think Artsvik) The screen is considerably smoother and appears as fabric gently blowing in the wind.

Can't you see now, just why you can't be with me?
I'm no saint I'm danger
But it's too late for you now

Finally the stage edges erupted into a furious wall of flames with the screen depicting a pane of shattered glass with each peace falling out as the song drew closer to an end.

No figure of imagination

Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

16. Normandy and Picardy (Postcard)

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:15 pm

And last but not least, the hosts...

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:17 pm

16. Normandy and Picardy
"Sky Is Falling" - Sophie

Tune: Billie - Love Kills Slowly
Lyrics: Sophie Deleuvre, Michel Asurette
Music: Sophie Deleuvre, Michel Asurette, Pierre Roux

For the first time in a long, long time Normandy and Picardy were back in the Top 5, the Top 3, the Top 2, and so naturally that was a huge cause for celebration for the nation that had waited so long for this. NNN were ecstatic as that night in Harrikes progressed. But the pain was too much to bear at the end of the night; the four nation tiebreak that left just Normandy and Picardy and the host, Euskirribakondara, and the fact that they missed out on their first win since WHF24 despite being so so close caused many a tear amongst the unbelievable buzz across Normandy and Picardy. They were determined not to let that feeling go to waste, so when Euskal1 approached NNN to host the 33rd WHF it was a no brainer. The decision shocked the WHF community who had expected Euskirribakondara to host again, and was also met with some consternation, especially from certain broadcasters, given NNN's atrocious hosting of the 24th World Hit Festival. Whilst at first this made the Normand broadcaster nearly give up the rights to host the contest, with the letter very nearly sent to the overseer, in the end it spurred the broadcaster on, meaning a hell of a lot of money ended up being plunged into the contest; NNN were determined to make a success of the contest. This also meant that the WHF department had a lot more money at their disposal in order to help them find an act.

They scoured the nation for an act to compete in the home contest, via both an open submission process, a consultation with industry representatives who as always were ready to recommed acts to try and capitalise on the publicity, and a general process of scouting. All of this happened under the backdrop of prepraring to host the contest, with stage design taking up a huge amount of time which detracted from the overall search for an act. Still, the musical crusade contined, and as the theme of the contest was released an act was chosen; Sophie Deleuvre (who goes by the stage name Sophie), a 24 year old musician from Avranches itself; it seemed fitting for the broadcaster that a contest held in Avranches should feature at least one act from Avranches, and Sophie's style of music certainly fits the whole 'Avranchais' feel of the contest.
Some sources suggest that the release of the stage design was held back until they could be sure that it fitted with the creative direction of the song, and whilst it is certainly true that all of the stage pretty much is utilised in Sophie's performance, the broadcaster have specifically denied this rumour.

So who is Sophie? As aforementioned she is a 24 year old singer-songwriter from Avranches, who rose to fame in Normandy and Picardy following her appearance on Normand talent show 'L'Etoile' (The Star) in which she finished 2nd. Following that, she began working on an album with her long time collaborator and now fiancé Michel Asurette, with whom she has already wrote 'Sky Is Falling'. Her album, 'Les Plages de Bitume', rose to number one on the album chart rapidly, and was lauded by critics for its tackling of modern issues and modern feel. This can definitely be said of 'Sky Is Falling' too, which fits comfortably into her résumé. A song about the state of global politics and the mass denial of problems by politicians who are self-centered, thus allowing us to sleepwalk back to the dark corners of human history in a new guise, the songs lyrics do not shy away from controversy. Whilst the song itself won't win over everyone, NNN are hedging their bets on the stage show, and have thrown everything they can at it; hopefully it does not come out as a mess but instead as a triumph.

Will Normandy and Picardy finally win once more, at home as well? Or will they return to the bottom of the scoreboard? Let's find out...

The opening shot is of the floor of the stage, which shows an image like this which rotates, the black and white sections swapping every couple of seconds. The camera zooms in towards the floor, whilst the water pit around the stage is illuminated ever so slightly with white lights as well, with the water moving about. As the camera gets closer and closer to the floor some of white sections become red briefly for a moment, and an eye appears in the centre of the pattern which briefly blinks before the camera suddenly cuts to the back of the stage amongst the background screens, with Sophie leaning against one of the background screens, the only one in the camera shot, which is pitch black. The stadium is now plunged into complete darkness except two hidden lights which shine of Sophie, who stands in front of the screen in a white jumpsuit. As she begins singing, a series of white silhouettes move upwards from her travelling across the background screen which she stands in front of, creating a pattern of black and white. She stands facing forwards, not changing to look at the camera as it slowly moves around her, holding the microphone with her arm out in front of her, perpendicular to her body.

Standing all alone
In the face of the flood
Is it any wonder that there is no good?

As the verse went on, Sophie began to walk forward from her screen and move forwards, step by step and edging slowly forwards. As she moved forward and the camera zoomed out, the rest of the background screens showed a number of images of refugees, soldiers and general destruction, a bit cliche maybe but it certainly got the message across. The LED floor showed a generally black sky, with embers floating across, and as Sophie stepped on the ground flashes of light came from her feet. She reaches out to the camera which pans around her as she walks, and appears to be vulnerable without appearing scared; you get the impression she is walking through an apocalyptic wasteland.

Standing on the stage
Reaching out of the cage
Hoping that there is no problem yet to come

Sophie continues stepping forwards as she reaches the centre of the stage, with the lights becoming more intense and growing more red with time, including the water pit being lit, something that is shown by the camera pans arounds the stage, starting at a distance to show the 4 backing singers that have walked onto the stage, all of them in black suits, their facial expressions seemingly having decided to part ways from their faces. Emotionless, they march towards Sophie meeting her in the centre of the stage.

Tell me all your stories
Tell me of your glories
Let me see the words spouting from your lips
Tell me everything you know and that you don't know
Let me tell you just to let go
Watch the grave scene now begin

Sophie lies down on the floor, with one of the backing singers placing one foot on her body and the rest forming a sort of shield around her. The camera approaches this scene from above and tilts backwards as it gets closer, showing the floor around her which now shows a plant, already week and greyed, trying to grow but being blocked by Sophie and their arrangement. New deep red lights at the back of the stage begin to flash on and off, adding to the tension that is slowly building on the stage.

Finger on the button
Finger on your dead pulse
Counting down the seconds 'til we see the end
Know that you can try your best to run for it
Perhaps you could make a killing of it
As we draw the final sin

As the chorus begins, the LED floor changes once more to show a red 'river' of blood slowly pour across the cracked earth from which the flower had just wilted and died in at Sophie's feet. As the river rapidly approaches her, and the background changes rapidly to show dead trees and a red sky full of clouds. Red drops, representative of the rain mentioned in the lyrics, travel down the main background screen in the back, appearing to land on the LED floors, as the backing dancers bend down and pick Sophie from the floor and march across to the edge of the stage, a step at a time in an almost stop motionlike manner whilst red footprints appeared where they were before trickling into the main river which seemed to overflow into the water pit, the water lit intensely in red. The backing singers carry Sophie, who is shown singing whilst staring up at the ceiling by glancing camera shots from above, and at the end of the chorus they leave her in the waterpit before appearing to disappear.

I will watch the rain start to pour
The sky is falling, the sky is falling
I will sail the rivers of blood

The colour scheme returns more to the black and white scheme, with the background screens again showing images of the world as it is right now. She is kneeled down in the water pit, looking up as the camera as it moves around her. The lights have returned to how they were at the beginning at the song, with two lights shining on Sophie and changing between more and less intense, reflecting on the water but generally leaving the rest of the stadium dark. From this darkness come two hooded figure who are slightly illuminated as smoke billows into the water pit from the main stage area. They slowly approach, doing the usual interpretative dancing guff.

Here we go again
For the first time since when?
Forgot the past? Don't worry
Everything checks out

Holding on for a friend
As your will starts to bend
Staring out into space, doing nothing that you can

The lights intensify once more with the hooded figures becoming clearly visible. One tries to grab Sophie from behind but she stands up and pushes him backwards into the water, with a burst of water erupting him as he goes to the right side of her. The other dancer then tries to come around from the left and grab Sophie's head but she dodges him, and tries then to move towards the left staircase, with the two dancers scrambling and following her, writhing in the water and trying to grab at her.

Pulling on the trigger
Trying not to snigger
Hoping that everyone sees through the same lens
As you hold your head down in the concrete
Preaching the new word on the street
To a man who doesn't care to be dead

As she returns to the main stage the LED floor, now covered in a thin layer of smoke that is leaching into the water pit where the cloaked figures carry on dancing, interacting with one another and seeming to reach for the stage, Sophie is surrounded by a 'cage' of spotlights around her (think Undo for those of you who follow Eurovision), and her feet can be seen to be illuminated by white lights which are slowly spreading across the floor, followed by black and creating a pattern of black and white circles. The background shows white silhouettes of the backing singers, who can't be seen, moving across the dark background, being cut up as they move from screen to screen.

Take it from your mother
Learn it from your father
The nuclear family rolls into town again
As we walk along the trapeze of our conciousness
Expectant crowds are watching us
Leaving nothing left to be unsaid

The stadium explodes into life in the second chorus, as the water pit suddenly erupts in a spray of water, illuminated by deep red lights. The background screens continue to show the same sort of images as before but they become more and more graphic as the stadium becomes soaked in red, and the LED floor shows people seemingly reaching out from beneath, being pushed back as the backing singers/dancers - there are now many more of them too - walk across the stage, some going down the left and some going down the right and beginning to march along the catwalks as pyrotechnics also briefly burst. The camera generally focuses on the images and the chaos on the stage as Sophie herself disappears.

The stadium is breifly plunged into darkness again as Sophie's face is shown on the LED floor, her mouth right at the centre of it, seemingly singing to cover her own absence. However, her mouth soon warps into a fiery pit, almost hell like, and the fire spreads across all of the LED screens and climbs up the background. The camera lifts up when this happens to show Sophie coming down from the ceiling of the stadium, being slowly dropped down into the pit of fire as a core group of the backing dancers who remained on the stage, the original backing singers, dance around the centre of the pit of fire. The camera shoots all over the place and in all directions as pyro and water continue to go mad, and then from above Sophie, using some lovely technical wizadry to remove the rope as she descends (naturally the rope was quite visible in the stadium) as she moves down.

Sophie reaches the floor, and the camera turns briefly away for a second to show the scene on the catwalk where all the backing dancers, who until this point had been, well, dancing to the rhythm of the song in an almost cult-like fashion (if you get what I mean, that sort of ritualistic dancing), seem to fall like dominoes as the fire underneath them fizzles out. The lights begin to decrease in intensity again and the fire retreats as the camera returns to show Sophie standing on the stage, the central group of backing dancers on the floor in a circle around her. The camera passes Sophie as she is plunged into darkness, focusing on an image of one of the triangular background screens of a mother cradling her child. This evntually goes out as the song ends.

The home crowd erupt into furious applause as the song ends, shouting Sophie's name which seems to overwhelm her so that she burst into tears of joy as she shouted 'Merci Avranches!' and walked of the stage, the cameras remaining on her for ever so slightly longer than the rest of the acts. She was quite exhausted and ready to relax, but naturally she felt a huge weight of expectation following Normandy and Picardy's narrow defeat last contest. Could she deliver..?

And that was it, all the acts had competed. Now, it was time for the multiverse to vote away for their favourite...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

The Host Is Back...Back Again...

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:01 pm

After a brief transition, and not that sort either, Andre Millian returned to the stage to deliver an important message...

Hello again folks! You want more? That's it, I'm afraid, all 16 songs that you can now pay money to vote for! I know, exciting. Anyway, how do you go about doing this? Well, there's this app we have that works for literally no one, or you can use the actual phone utility of your phone, and ring the numbers that are appearing on your screen as provided by your broadcaster. If you can't see any numbers, not our fault...

Anyway, we have to put on some sort of entertainment for you whilst you vote apparently, so here it is. Every contest, the broadcaster hosting has to have a little 'injection' of cash from their sponsors, sort of like a sugar daddy. Now, this year one of our official sponsors is Masturba-Tea, who provide the best quality liquids and drinks the world over. And so, we invited them to send something to fill this boring bit of the show none of you watch anyway. Think of this as making up for the lack of Monaero.

Magnus Richard, he once won a wrestling medal and so counts as a celebrity nowadays. Here he is with 'How I Like My Masturba-tea'...

(As Andre returns backstage, he considers shooting himself because he can't believe what he just had to do... No, I'll be like an Izmeduan and cry externally and internally but relish the pain)
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Interval Act...fml

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Interval Act
"How I Like My Masturba-Tea" - Magnus Richard

Tune: Alsaka Thunderfuck - Your Makeup Is Terrible

As the music begins, the lights in the stadium begin pulsating in a menagerie of different colours, a bright, eye-destroying mixture of greens, pinks and all the colours of the rainbow mixed in; those whose eyes were destroyed were probably the lucky ones too. As Magnus began his singing, he descended from the ceiling on top of a rather phallic looking object (supposedly his 'Space Horse') covered in mirrors like a disco ball, and he himself sat on it, wearing his signature angel wings. He served some real sass to the camera which panned around him as he descended onto the stage.

Greetings Multiverse, I am Magnus Richard, the queen of y'all bitches from the planet Monaero, who are you?

Bow before me and my Masturba-Tea sponsors
Drink up the delicious goodness, you know you don't want to miss out on
Masturba-Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea

The 'Space Horse' lands on the stage, generating a fresh burst of rainbow colours to travel across the LED floor and up the background screens, which also had the Masturba-Tea logo emblazoned on them. As Magnus gives an ooh sound, he jumps off the 'Space Horse' and staggers about for a bit, nearly falling over but being helped back up by one of the amazingly god-like backing dancers who until this point were just doing your usual sort of dance routine and posing a bit; you know, the usual. Magnus walks up towards the camerman on the stage who walks backward, until Magnus reachers the front of the stage; there was lots of sassy fingerpointing, body gestures and a general feeling of sass all the way.

Oooh
That felt so good
You know I can't get enough of this wonder juice
Now there's something I've got to sing
Because of this shitty contract I signed with green ink
So I said it shouldn't count
Is that okay with you WHF?

The lits dim slightly and focus on Magnus as he sings the bridge. In the second line she points at one of the backing dancers lounging about and posing on the ground, and so he begins 'pumping' the 'Masturba-Tea' generator on the stage, along with three other men all in a circle around the 'generator'. As the bridge comes to a conclusion, a series of spotlights and strobe lights begin flashing on and off, increasing in speed and intensity up until the very start of the chorus.

Get into it
You, pump it up
Ok
Don't hold back
Drink it all
Lick it up
Every last drop
Don't waste none
Just get it
In your mooooouth

The generator emits white confetti as the chorus begins, in time with a large flash of lights before the spotlights, no longer flashing, rapidly move around the stage and the chorus and the strobe lighting begins to reach dangerous levels.

You know you want Masturba-Tea
It's good 'til the last drop
The perfect climax to your day
An explosion of flavour
You know you need a Masturba-Tea

Masturba-Tea, Masturba-Tea, Masturba-Tea
It's good 'til the last drop, the last drop, the last drop
The perfect climax to your day, to your day, to your day
An explosion of flavour

Well I heard that we're tonight's sponsors
So don't mind this blatant advertising
Is that right?
Then drink this bloody juice right up
Shove it in your gob, with this new ergonomic bottle design
Made to fit perfectly in your mouth to enhance the whole experience
You want the whole experience motherf**ker

Well I'm not the kind of bitch to go on about something
But this Masturba-Tea is really good
My boyfriend has been on it for a month
And it has made him so less needy on me
So I can enjoy myself with Masturba-Tea tooooooooooooo

Get into it
You, specifically
Get into it
Get it down your bloody throat
Don't hold back
Drink it all
Lick it up
Every last drop
Don't waste none
Just get it
In your mooooouth

It's good 'til the last drop
The perfect climax to your day
An explosion of flavour

An explosion of flavour

Oh my gosh
This is the really good stuff right at the bottom, the best stuff
Stick your tounge deep in there
Get all of it out of there just for you, a gift
From me and Masturba-Tea corp to you especially

Get into it
Inside of you
Get into it
That's better
Don't hold back
Drink it all
Lick it up
Every last drop
Don't waste none
Just get it
In your mooooouth

It's good 'til the last drop (crying sounds)
The perfect climax to your day (whyy?)
An explosion of flavour

An explosion of flavour
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:53 am, edited 8 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

The Host III; The Hostening

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:25 am

After whatever the hell that was, Andre Millian returns to the stage, after having just contemplated walking out, suicide, and both. He straightened up his suit and took his space behind a podium with a wave like shape in front of him. Behind him, a scoreboard could be seen.

Welcome back to reality and sanity, this is still the 33rd World Hit Festival from Avranches, Normandy and Picardy. I am so so sorry for what you just witnessed, even more so if you liked it. Anyway, the lines close are now CLOSED. That's it, everyone has voted, and it is now time for us to do everyone's absolute favourite part of the show, the voting.

This contest, we will use a variation on the voting system used by Izmedu in WHF31. First, we we will go to every nation to reveal who recieved whose 5 points. After that, the amount of points for each nation from 4 to 1 is added together and given to each nation, in the order they voted.
If that makes no sense, say after Phase I, Nation X has 10 points. They got 8 points from other nations, and so those points are added on. Got it?
Also, we will reveal who gave who the points, so you know who to thank and who to have a grudge against.

I am now being told I no longer have to stall for time as we have a result. So, it is time to start going through the votes!

The crowd cheers, although the anticipation of boredom amongst them is very clear. However, WHF's voting was often gripping to the end, so who knows...

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Mercedini's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:25 am

Vote 1/16 - Mercedini

Andre: Hello Zolorni, I hope we can get 5 points from you this evening

Karjohan: Hello, Avranches. This is Zoloroni calling and merci for a fantastic show! It was an honour to respresent Mercedini in Harrikes and now Anja has certainly done us proud tonight! We have seen some tremendous performances tonight, so a big congratulations to all of the performers. I would give you all five points if I could... here are our points:

Cosneolta
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Ethane's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:26 am

Vote 2/16 - Ethane

Andre: Unfortunately the spokesperson is a Wotsit and thus cannot speak. We presume.

Darkmania
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Goluta's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:37 am

Vote 3/16 - Goluta

Andre: Unfortunately, we have been unable to contact the Golutian delegation, so we have created a set of results that do not affect the final result. I can reveal their 5 points go to...

Kalosia
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Britonisea's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 am

Vote 4/16 - Britonisea

Andre: Good Evening to Evangeline Hope in Doportedas, Britonisea. May we please have your 5 points?

Evangeline: "Oh my lord, let me just take the time to thank Normandy and Picardy for the brilliant show - honestly! But anyway, let's speak about my new clothing. I got these new big loop earrings and I just love them! They are encrusted with gold, and I am pretty sure that it is really gold - I mean, that is what the dodgy market vendor told me when I bought it for a fiver. Anyway, I am also wearing my new sun hat, honey, I love it. It is currently sunny in Britonisea and I don't want to catch on to them UV Light rays, honey

Andre: Can we please have your...

Evangeline: Have you seen my nails? Literally, I painted them yesterday for you, I painted them a lovely clear white! This is to match my clothing, honey! Anyway, it's about time we revealed our 5 points innit? Our five points go to Mere- ah, I got you there, didn't I? Heh heh, I am a top notch joker, ain't I? No, really and truly, our top points are going to...

Kwadai
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Skanden's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:57 am

Vote 5/16 - Skanden

Andre: Now next we turn to Skanden, good evening Your Majesty

King Leo: Good evening world, this is Skanden calling. The Skandish people have used their voices well and here are the results.

DarkmaniaImage
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Normandy and Picardy's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Vote 6/16 - Normandy and Picardy

Andre: And now it's our turn to give our 5 points. Who did Normandy and Picardy like the most? Let's ask Suzy Monase, our last entrant.
Suzy, where are you and who got our 5 points?

Suzy: Hello Andre, I am here in Avranches! (she walks on stage and pats Andre on the back to huge cheers from the audience). You've been a wonderful host, and this has been a wonderful contest with wonderful songs, but only one song could get 5 points from Normandy and Picardy. That song is...

Ethane
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Izmedu's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Vote 7/16 - Izmedu

Andre: So we turn next to a country which we have certainly taken inspiration from for tonight's proceedings. Dobra Vecer Izmedu, may we have your 5 points?

Helena: Dobra vecer Avranches! What can I say, it's been a wonderful show. I know how all of you contestants are feeling right now, I was in your position a few editions ago. Anyway, I know you want our 5 points, so here it is...

Normandy and Picardy
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Darkmania's 5 Points

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Vote 8/16 - Darkmania

Andre: Right, so let's move onto Darkmania. We don't know who this person is, so we'll call the 'Spokesperson', so Good Evening Darkmania

Darkmania's Spokesperson: Hello multiverse. This is Örkendrëm calling. First of this show has been one of the best I have ever seen in my entire life. And I am glad I can finally kick this off my bucket list. We normally give the top mark to the host. This time we will be sending it instead of a nation that has impressed both the jury and our audience. In fact, they both got top marks in both votes. They have even got a voting record here in Darkmania. 67,3% of all of out televoters went to this nation

Mercedini
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 am

Vote 9/16 - Merecendi

Andre: Now for Merecendi. This will hopefully be brief, but brace yourselves anyway

Wartortle: Ayyy it's me. we have votes. yo wassup.

Togonistan

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am

Vote 10/16 - Kalosia

Andre: Now, next up is a songstress who will enchant WorldVision with her amazing voice and musical skills, but she has decided to pop in to say hi: how considerate. Good evening Kalosia!

Giada: Good evening Avranches! How are you? I'd like to thank everyone for a wonderful show, you have all been amazing.. Now here are the results of the Kalosian vote"

Izmedu
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:00 am

Vote 11/16 - Hiklarmaniga

Andre: Now, we have a special guest next. Hello Karölina from Hiklarmaniga

Karölina Hello. TITS of Hiklarmangia is calling. Its been a fantactic show here in Norma… Nurma….. Narma…. Narma and Pica… Puka ….. In Avranches. I'm Karölina Füks and I am the official “spokesperson” of the World Hit Festival. Here are the results from the Hiklarmangian votes.

Darkmania

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates