NATION

PASSWORD

The Gulf War (OOC/Planning Thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altpeak
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Altpeak » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:59 am

Quick question: What technological level is the world at during the time span of this rp? Because I've been limiting myself to 90s technology but I'm noticing people deploying F-22s and other modern equipment.
Proud Member of the Economic Union of Communist States!

Inzunza
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Inzunza » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Altpeak wrote:Quick question: What technological level is the world at during the time span of this rp? Because I've been limiting myself to 90s technology but I'm noticing people deploying F-22s and other modern equipment.

My submarine is from the 60's. :D

Speaking of, I won't proceed with the sub until other blockade members voice in (particularly Astoria) on the matter.
Esta máquina mata fascistas

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm kinda just Russia without Siberia but with Finland, the Caucasus, Ukraine, Belarus, and the Baltics. And everyone around me kind of likes me? Just enough to allow military movement. Wouldn't hurt if I decided to puppet Gilan?
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Panama Coalition » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:09 pm

yes. It would be good to clarify in which year the conflict develops. I understood that it is at the present time. If it is before 2005 I dont have problem in edit my post.
Last edited by Panama Coalition on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astoria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Altpeak wrote:Quick question: What technological level is the world at during the time span of this rp? Because I've been limiting myself to 90s technology but I'm noticing people deploying F-22s and other modern equipment.

Tech level is present day, though the GIlani Army entered the conflict with late Soviet-era weapons.

Vymar wrote:
Astoria wrote:Finally got a chance to post the opening of the peace summit and some updates on the Gulf, including a bit of how Gilan is reacting to all this.

If you don't mind, there is a question that has been bugging me for a bit. How big is The Gilanian army, minus me and its other supporters, exactly?

The Gilani Army is approximately 500,000 strong in total, with about 100,000 occupying Gilan and another 100,000 in Gilan itself and close enough to move to reinforce.

I'll try and have an IC post up tomorrow.
The United States of Astoria

Altpeak
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Altpeak » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 am

Astoria wrote:

Tech level is present day, though the GIlani Army entered the conflict with late Soviet-era weapons.

Ok then. I've updated the equipment that I'm giving Gilan so Scuds are now Iskander missiles, Merkava IIIs are now Merkava IVs, MiG-29s are now MiG-35s and SU-27s are now T-50s.
Proud Member of the Economic Union of Communist States!

Inzunza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inzunza » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Astoria wrote:I'll try and have an IC post up tomorrow.

If you want to play as sort of a GM and roll some dice for the success of my submarine, that'd be great. I mean, the sonar shouldn't be an issue but I could always get unlucky and the sonar could for some reason be more detailed than the irl equivalents. The only goal of the submarine atm is to get to the other side of the blockade and nothing else. If a one is rolled, it'd be fine for the submarine to be attacked or even the launch ship. I'm open for anything, but I have something prepared for the sub making it.
Last edited by Inzunza on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Inzunza wrote:
Astoria wrote:I'll try and have an IC post up tomorrow.

If you want to play as sort of a GM and roll some dice for the success of my submarine, that'd be great. I mean, the sonar shouldn't be an issue but I could always get unlucky and the sonar could for some reason be more detailed than the irl equivalents. The only goal of the submarine atm is to get to the other side of the blockade and nothing else. If a one is rolled, it'd be fine for the submarine to be attacked or even the launch ship. I'm open for anything, but I have something prepared for the sub making it.

It's your submarine, so I'll let you decide whether it gets detected by either my ship or Panama's, but there's now also some Marines being sent to have a "chat" with that fishing vessel.

IC post is up, an update on the summit and some new activity by the JJI. I'll let people respond, but the next steps I'll be taking is some cruise missile/air strikes against JJI in Gilan, which will escalate the conflict.

Inzunza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inzunza » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 am

Astoria wrote:It's your submarine, so I'll let you decide whether it gets detected by either my ship or Panama's, but there's now also some Marines being sent to have a "chat" with that fishing vessel.

I'm a traditionalist, so I still did a 1-20 RNG and got 14, so I guess partial success? I'll see what I could do to make it a partial success. As for the fishing ship, that'll be fun.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Will be bombing Gilan without end, as well as sending in some... Missionaries I guess?
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:15 pm

I'll be sending 500,000 men, but if they get bogged down, throw more men.

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Postby Panama Coalition » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 am

I will post this week.

Inzunza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inzunza » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 am

I'm still waiting on someone to confront the Inzunzan submarine.

Astoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Astoria » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Inzunza wrote:I'm still waiting on someone to confront the Inzunzan submarine.

I was working on the assumption that it had successfully slipped through the blockade and was making for port. My plan was, once the fishing boat fight had been concluded, to announce that as a violation of the blockade and then start launching airstrikes

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Postby Panama Coalition » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm

:shock:
Last edited by Panama Coalition on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Postby Panama Coalition » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Inzunza wrote:I'm still waiting on someone to confront the Inzunzan submarine.

Who is going to face the submarine?

I have a diesel submarine in course of interception, following it in the distance.

Inzunza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inzunza » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:19 am

Panama Coalition wrote:Who is going to face the submarine?

I have a diesel submarine in course of interception, following it in the distance.

It's surfaced and can't submerge headed to a Gilani dock. Just going to watch it go? ;)

Inzunza
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inzunza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:27 am

Double Post: I'm not so active right now because I'm stuck in a thing right now in the real world and it's hard to find time. Like really hard. Not going to get into it but I'm hoping to be more available soon.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents