NATION

PASSWORD

2017 - UCPN Annual Summit (North Pacfic Only)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should College Be Tution Free?

Yes! of course, we need to let students learn, no matter how rich or poor
76%
No! you know how much taxes that is?!
12%
What? who needs college anyways?
No votes
No, but there shoudn't be any student debt
12%

Total votes : 17

Friently
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Friently » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Oh yes, what the name of the treaty actually means hehe, "Movebo Deus Modus et Solve Fasciculos" was Latin translated from english

It means "ban of godmoding and reset-button-ing" or "disallowing of godmoding and undo-ing" if you want the 100% exact translation given that button, ban, undo and reset have no representation in latin
✠ "It May not be the friendly way, but it sure is the Friently way" ✠
-Bryan von Friently VII, Emperor of the Grand Friently Empire

Head RP Moderator of the TNP RMB Roleplay Community

I do not use any ns stats, issue results mean nothing.

Friently represents several but not all of my political opinions

Ka Na
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ka Na » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Friently wrote:
(Treaty of Movebo Deus Modus will suffice, or Treaty of MoDeMoSaFa in even shorter, or Treaty of MoDeMO in obscenely short, for the simpel minded people)

*Law maker: Bryan von friently VII, Emperor of the Grand Friently Empire

Treaty of Movebo Deus Modus et Solve Fasciculos

This treaty will disallow godmoding and reset buttoning in official RMB RP as well as canonizing events not specified as being non-canon.

Recognises the threat of malicious godmoding and reset button-ing on the fun and seriousness of RP
Defines godmoding as:
An unwanted way to gain supreme abilities far beyond the capabilities of a nation, attacking others with godlike abilities where the oponent can do nothing against, ignore defences and oponent armies. All in an attempt to troll, win, feel good, be a toughguy, or just to be a dick.

Defines reset buttoning as:
a way to reset past events in an attempt te undo the mistake one made or to undo the victory of an oponent or one self.

Makes all RP that has not been defined as non-canon canon in that the effects are lasting and will be recorded throughout history.

The laws on this matter will contain several rules to make RP-ing more serious and less horrific.
1. Army size:
Armies will only be allowed to be X% size of the population, relative to how their nation works, Severely militarised nations can get 10% of the populations, miliary focused nations but not entirely 5%,peacefull focused nations with a regular army 1-5% peacefull nations with only a defensive army <0.5%
2. Exceptions to the godmoding law:
Some godmoding should be allowed, I.E. cases where people do not want to be involved in war but get attacked, can godmode in a defensive way (impenetrable shields for instance), the second they go offensive, set one step forward they lose their protection and do get involved
3. Realism:
you will have to split your forces and cannot send 1 millio tanks ,you simply cannot have that much tanks, no matter if you have 5 million soldiers to man them, and if you would do that that means you do not have ANY other forces.
4. Tally:
A nation should but is not forced to make a tally of the forces that will be used for this war. Every time an action is taken, both sides lose a certain amount of vehicles or troops, depending on the action taken (not forced because that will take along god**** time)
5. Violators
Violators of this treaty will have their godmode posts been declared null and void, meaning that any post containing malicious godmoding is not recognized and does not exist, only non-godmode posts will be accepted.
6. Judgement:
The severity and judgement on whether something is godmoding will be delegated to several people to be added in the final version of the treaty.

This all to ensure good RP, as less malicious godmoding as possible and the reduction of godmode based spam and a base for peace.
(Image)

My thoughts:

1) I don't like the whole canon part we're if it's unspecified it becomes canon.
2) The readt sounds great but I'm still on edge weather it can be well infoced.
3) The name seams way to complicated.

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Panama Coalition » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:47 pm

I believe that every nation must decide whether it is canon or not what happens to itself. In any case for that is forbidding the godmoding. Because as the NS nations grow rapidly they can replenish the lost troops in a short time. In real life you can train an army of thousands in 6 months and replenish hundreds of tanks in less than 3 months, whether purchased, donated or manufactured or removed from reserves.

Friently
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Friently » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Panama Coalition wrote:I believe that every nation must decide whether it is canon or not what happens to itself. In any case for that is forbidding the godmoding. Because as the NS nations grow rapidly they can replenish the lost troops in a short time. In real life you can train an army of thousands in 6 months and replenish hundreds of tanks in less than 3 months, whether purchased, donated or manufactured or removed from reserves.
Ka Na wrote:
Friently wrote:
(Treaty of Movebo Deus Modus will suffice, or Treaty of MoDeMoSaFa in even shorter, or Treaty of MoDeMO in obscenely short, for the simpel minded people)

*Law maker: Bryan von friently VII, Emperor of the Grand Friently Empire

Treaty of Movebo Deus Modus et Solve Fasciculos

This treaty will disallow godmoding and reset buttoning in official RMB RP as well as canonizing events not specified as being non-canon.

Recognises the threat of malicious godmoding and reset button-ing on the fun and seriousness of RP
Defines godmoding as:
An unwanted way to gain supreme abilities far beyond the capabilities of a nation, attacking others with godlike abilities where the oponent can do nothing against, ignore defences and oponent armies. All in an attempt to troll, win, feel good, be a toughguy, or just to be a dick.

Defines reset buttoning as:
a way to reset past events in an attempt te undo the mistake one made or to undo the victory of an oponent or one self.

Makes all RP that has not been defined as non-canon canon in that the effects are lasting and will be recorded throughout history.

The laws on this matter will contain several rules to make RP-ing more serious and less horrific.
1. Army size:
Armies will only be allowed to be X% size of the population, relative to how their nation works, Severely militarised nations can get 10% of the populations, miliary focused nations but not entirely 5%,peacefull focused nations with a regular army 1-5% peacefull nations with only a defensive army <0.5%
2. Exceptions to the godmoding law:
Some godmoding should be allowed, I.E. cases where people do not want to be involved in war but get attacked, can godmode in a defensive way (impenetrable shields for instance), the second they go offensive, set one step forward they lose their protection and do get involved
3. Realism:
you will have to split your forces and cannot send 1 millio tanks ,you simply cannot have that much tanks, no matter if you have 5 million soldiers to man them, and if you would do that that means you do not have ANY other forces.
4. Tally:
A nation should but is not forced to make a tally of the forces that will be used for this war. Every time an action is taken, both sides lose a certain amount of vehicles or troops, depending on the action taken (not forced because that will take along god**** time)
5. Violators
Violators of this treaty will have their godmode posts been declared null and void, meaning that any post containing malicious godmoding is not recognized and does not exist, only non-godmode posts will be accepted.
6. Judgement:
The severity and judgement on whether something is godmoding will be delegated to several people to be added in the final version of the treaty.

This all to ensure good RP, as less malicious godmoding as possible and the reduction of godmode based spam and a base for peace.
(Image)

My thoughts:

1) I don't like the whole canon part we're if it's unspecified it becomes canon.

The problem with nations deciding for themselves if it is canon or not is that everyone can just say "oh this is not canon it doesn't matter, oh its not canon it doesn't matter" which means that nothing matters as they can get out unharmed either way, if its canon it forces people to seriously think twice before just attacking people, it also advances "storylines" if its canon because if nothing is canon then nothing will happen, all of this, the entire discussion, happened because we accepted the occupation of Akhara as being canon, without that everything would have been reset and nothing would have changed.

It can be enforced if we all remember the treaty and just keep reminding people of it. Enforce it by completely ignoring their posts, telling them that before they will be answered they should abide by the rules. Something like that.

The name got waaaay longer at some point, this is the shortest i could get it without it losing its meaning, i think "The treaty of Deus Modus" is acceptable enough when referred to, but this is the full title.

Ka Na
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ka Na » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Friently wrote:
Panama Coalition wrote:I believe that every nation must decide whether it is canon or not what happens to itself. In any case for that is forbidding the godmoding. Because as the NS nations grow rapidly they can replenish the lost troops in a short time. In real life you can train an army of thousands in 6 months and replenish hundreds of tanks in less than 3 months, whether purchased, donated or manufactured or removed from reserves.
Ka Na wrote:
My thoughts:

The problem with nations deciding for themselves if it is canon or not is that everyone can just say "oh this is not canon it doesn't matter, oh its not canon it doesn't matter" which means that nothing matters as they can get out unharmed either way, if its canon it forces people to seriously think twice before just attacking people, it also advances "storylines" if its canon because if nothing is canon then nothing will happen, all of this, the entire discussion, happened because we accepted the occupation of Akhara as being canon, without that everything would have been reset and nothing would have changed.

It can be enforced if we all remember the treaty and just keep reminding people of it. Enforce it by completely ignoring their posts, telling them that before they will be answered they should abide by the rules. Something like that.

The name got waaaay longer at some point, this is the shortest i could get it without it losing its meaning, i think "The treaty of Deus Modus" is acceptable enough when referred to, but this is the full title.

Okay, I guess it does make seance to make theam canon but I can see times were you don't want it to be becuse you didn't mean to get in a war, ext.

I guess the title chold be way longer so I won't complain there.

Alright, you convinced me there's almost nothing bad with this and I'll try to support it.
Old Nation From 2017-2018. Flags Waves are underrated and don't deserve the hate.
*cough* Anyways, I most sporadically get on for the card game and forum 7.

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Postby Panama Coalition » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Friently wrote:
Ka Na wrote:
My thoughts:

Then how would the fee be? Another serious option before an RP say that what results from that is going to be canon and the one that enters would be obligatory to put it like canon.

Orangesteam
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Orangesteam » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Is this over?

Friently
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Friently » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Panama Coalition wrote:
Friently wrote:

Then how would the fee be? Another serious option before an RP say that what results from that is going to be canon and the one that enters would be obligatory to put it like canon.

Fee? And the problem with saying things in front is only going to push people to godmode becasue be honest, if i were to attack you and say "when i win i will enslave your people, feed you to my dogs and plough yer wife before i give er to me men to have fun with, i will plunder yer lands and turn it into nothingness" what would you think of that? "F*ck that" is what i bet, so it would negatively impact RP, so it is quite the conundrum what to do.

Friently
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Friently » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Orangesteam wrote:Is this over?

Not yet, it will be over when this treaty is either denied are signed, until now everyone has been positive about it but most are offline so im waiting for feedback for the final concept.

Paxiosolange
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Paxiosolange » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Imperial Chancellor Kendrick walks to the podium

Greetings members of the UCPN and other organizations, It is my pleasure. I am aware that many of you may not be familiar with the space treaty, but it is essential that we understand its position in keeping space free of domination and inhuman military systems. The treaty reserves the majority of the solar system to scientific discovery for a better cosmic future. Thank you.
Gospel Power wrote:Ohhh, having lovers without marriage is abomination in my opinion, but all your other laws are true, Gospel power approves

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Postby Panama Coalition » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Paxiosolange wrote:Imperial Chancellor Kendrick walks to the podium

Greetings members of the UCPN and other organizations, It is my pleasure. I am aware that many of you may not be familiar with the space treaty, but it is essential that we understand its position in keeping space free of domination and inhuman military systems. The treaty reserves the majority of the solar system to scientific discovery for a better cosmic future. Thank you.

I agree.

Panama Coalition
Attaché

Postby Panama Coalition » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Please give us a resume of the things approved.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information