NATION

PASSWORD

Raiding Hall of Fame: Nominations for 2022 Class OPEN!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:25 am

Thank you to everyone for their efforts with contributing nominations. The open nomination period is now closed. Check back in at the end of RaiderCon in early July to see the inductees.

In the meantime, if anyone still wants to provide additional information of any nominee, they may reach out to a judge. Judges will be beginning the reviewal process asap.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Regarding Gest

Postby Jakker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:06 pm

The inductees for this year's class to the Raiding Hall of Fame will be announced later this week. Before that, I wanted to provide an update regarding Gest's induction as it had been brought up previously. This year's judges had a conversation about it. When determining how to approach the situation, first we needed to figure out what to focus on. A player having nations DEATed or who was DOS should not be a deciding factor as not all players who have been deleted are the same. Especially in the earlier years, this was the outcome of many raiders. As far as predator usage, this should also not be a deciding factor of excluding/removing a player. With that said, both are factors to consider within a raiding player's full NS career.

Therefore, the potential decision in removing Gest from the Raiding Hall of Fame would be based on whether the rationale for his induction has been negated or overshadowed by actions that have hindered raiding. Some judges did convey the opinion that he should be removed based on that logic. There were a lot of points shared to consider. As I said before, removal/not to remove is a permanent decision in my eyes and therefore, I want to approach it with utmost care. From here, I will be continuing to chat with other players including current Hall of Famers to gain additional perspective. A final decision will be made at some point in the future.
One Stop Rules Shop

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Additional perspective regarding the fact that Gest should be excluded is unnecessary at this point. Of course, you're free to drag this on for as long as you like. I have a feeling he won't be excluded, since TBH has been overly forgiving when it comes to the seedier elements of raiderdom.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzer Vier » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Ridersyl wrote:I have a feeling he won't be excluded, since TBH has been overly forgiving when it comes to the seedier elements of raiderdom.

Oh boy, I can't wait to see how those ebil hawks will try to dictate the decisions of, I dunno, the four judges in the panel who aren't TBH. :roll:
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Additional perspective regarding the fact that Gest should be excluded is unnecessary at this point. Of course, you're free to drag this on for as long as you like. I have a feeling he won't be excluded, since TBH has been overly forgiving when it comes to the seedier elements of raiderdom.

This decision has nothing to do with TBH. While the Hall of Fame was set up by me, it has never been something that TBH has overseen. It is larger than any one organization and has involved the insight of several raiding players (and defenders for judges even).

Secondly, I'm not too sure where your opinion that TBH has been overly forgiven is based on.
One Stop Rules Shop

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:28 pm

I for one would be happy if Gest remains in the Hall and would respect the decision that the committee came to after much thoughtful deliberation.

EDIT: reading comprehension fail
Last edited by Revall on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Panzer Vier wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait to see how those ebil hawks will try to dictate the decisions of, I dunno, the four judges in the panel who aren't TBH. :roll:

Jakker himself said he'd be talking to other players and former hall of famers.

It's not in our hands as judges anymore. We discussed this issue quite extensively and I'm not sure any of us could suddenly provide additional insight.

Revall wrote:I for one am happy Gest remains in the Hall and respect the decision that the committee came to after much thoughtful deliberation.

I would suggest you read Jakker's post again - he hasn't reached a decision. I couldn't tell you where he plans to go but celebration from either side would premature at this time.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Panzer Vier wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait to see how those ebil hawks will try to dictate the decisions of, I dunno, the four judges in the panel who aren't TBH. :roll:

As one of the judges has clarified to you, it is now out of the hands of the judges and in the hands of Jakker and the inductees he speaks to. I dared to mention TBH because Jakker is a respectable figurehead of the organization and is involved in the ultimate decision here. At no point did I say, or even imply, that the Hawks are "ebil".

In other words, that's some weak and uninformed bullshit you posted, Panzer Vier.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Ridersyl wrote:

As one of the judges has clarified to you, it is now out of the hands of the judges and in the hands of Jakker and the inductees he speaks to. I dared to mention TBH because Jakker is a respectable figurehead of the organization and is involved in the ultimate decision here. At no point did I say, or even imply, that the Hawks are "ebil".

In other words, that's some weak and uninformed bullshit you posted, Panzer Vier.

But you did go out of your way to say, "I have a feeling he won't be excluded, since TBH has been overly forgiving when it comes to the seedier elements of raiderdom." Which again, I'm confused where you got this impression from.
One Stop Rules Shop

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Shizensky wrote:

Jakker himself said he'd be talking to other players and former hall of famers.

It's not in our hands as judges anymore. We discussed this issue quite extensively and I'm not sure any of us could suddenly provide additional insight.

Revall wrote:I for one am happy Gest remains in the Hall and respect the decision that the committee came to after much thoughtful deliberation.

I would suggest you read Jakker's post again - he hasn't reached a decision. I couldn't tell you where he plans to go but celebration from either side would premature at this time.

Wait, what? So the judges aren't actually deciding? Jakker is?

In which case this actually is entirely controlled by what TBH wants to do?

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Jakker wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:

But you did go out of your way to say, "I have a feeling he won't be excluded, since TBH has been overly forgiving when it comes to the seedier elements of raiderdom." Which again, I'm confused where you got this impression from.

I don't see how I went out of my way to say that, or how my expressed opinion justified PV's post.

I got that impression from TBH member statements to me personally regarding two cases where TBH was forgiving of widely unpopular players.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:24 am

Consular wrote:
Shizensky wrote:Jakker himself said he'd be talking to other players and former hall of famers.

Wait, what? So the judges aren't actually deciding? Jakker is?

In which case this actually is entirely controlled by what TBH wants to do?

While it's flattering to think that I = TBH, this is not the case :P Secondly, I am facilitating the decision, but not making it all on my own. As I said, the judges made their opinions heard and that will be taken into account. Same with other players I will speak to. I'm still working through how the formal process will look, but I've handled every aspect of the HoF with professionalism and integrity. You can trust that this will be done in the same manner.

Ridersyl wrote:
Jakker wrote:

I don't see how I went out of my way to say that

I will repeat that TBH has never played any formal role in the Raiding Hall of Fame.
Last edited by Jakker on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:59 am

I would think it enough that the judges vote to remove them. Why do you alone make the decision? And why is this such a complicated issue?

Plagentine
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Plagentine » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:05 am

Yeah, really, we should not trust the biased and dogmatic Jakker to make objective decisions. We all know how he always subverts the opinions of others to further his own goals. I say coup him before he starts rolling out the tanks!

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:34 am

Consular wrote:I would think it enough that the judges vote to remove them. Why do you alone make the decision? And why is this such a complicated issue?

Because not just the decision, but the rationale behind the decision impacts future inductees. There is a lot to consider as evident by the many questions and topics brought up by this year's judges. Questions like "Lets say we had an inductee than switched sides, destroyed their region, and systematically undid everything that got them nominated to begin with. Would we still want them in our hall of fame?" Furthermore, there were still questions of how to best approach the process of making the decision as well. I alone am not the one making the decision whether or not to remove. I simply decided to seek additional perspective.
One Stop Rules Shop

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 am

As one of the judges for the 2015 Raider Hall of Fame class that includes Gest, I'm appalled that Gest is still in the Raider Hall of Fame. This should already have been decided in favor of his removal, and I completely understand the frustration of those who have been patiently waiting while this can continues to be kicked down the road. Again, as one of the judges for Gest's class, I'm in favor of his removal, and I urge Jakker to get on with it.

It isn't just that he used Predator; he is Predator. He is the face of cheating and the buck stops with him. He must be removed.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:30 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:As one of the judges for the 2015 Raider Hall of Fame class that includes Gest, I'm appalled that Gest is still in the Raider Hall of Fame. This should already have been decided in favor of his removal, and I completely understand the frustration of those who have been patiently waiting while this can continues to be kicked down the road. Again, as one of the judges for Gest's class, I'm in favor of his removal, and I urge Jakker to get on with it.

It isn't just that he used Predator; he is Predator. He is the face of cheating and the buck stops with him. He must be removed.

I think I was on the same panel and I too am in favor of his removal. I'd argue for a removal in a similar style to how TITO revoked Guy's Knighthood (In his place at the Hall of Heroes, there is an image of his statue being torn down (completely undeserved, by the way)). There should be a Gest in his spot of the raider HoF with a detailed explanation of why he was removed.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:38 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:As one of the judges for the 2015 Raider Hall of Fame class that includes Gest, I'm appalled that Gest is still in the Raider Hall of Fame. This should already have been decided in favor of his removal, and I completely understand the frustration of those who have been patiently waiting while this can continues to be kicked down the road. Again, as one of the judges for Gest's class, I'm in favor of his removal, and I urge Jakker to get on with it.

It's not something I am trying to push aside by any means. Perhaps I am putting too much weight into it, but I am just trying to ensure that everything is fleshed out. In the near future, I will have far more ability to prioritize this and ensure that an objective decision is made confidently with detailed rationale.
Last edited by Jakker on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:53 am

Jakker wrote:It's not something I am trying to push aside by any means. Perhaps I am putting too much weight into it, but I am just trying to ensure that everything is fleshed out. In the near future, I will have far more ability to prioritize this and ensure that an objective decision is made confidently with detailed rationale.

I didn't mean to sound accusatory. I know you're just trying to make sure it's done fairly and correctly, and I appreciate that, but it is taking a bit too long and I get people's frustration. It frustrates me too, even though I understand your perspective. Perhaps a decent way to go about this would be to convene a panel of all past judges who are still available (including this year's group) to decide the matter?

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:48 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Jakker wrote:It's not something I am trying to push aside by any means. Perhaps I am putting too much weight into it, but I am just trying to ensure that everything is fleshed out. In the near future, I will have far more ability to prioritize this and ensure that an objective decision is made confidently with detailed rationale.

I didn't mean to sound accusatory. I know you're just trying to make sure it's done fairly and correctly, and I appreciate that, but it is taking a bit too long and I get people's frustration. It frustrates me too, even though I understand your perspective. Perhaps a decent way to go about this would be to convene a panel of all past judges who are still available (including this year's group) to decide the matter?

Yeah something to that effect was brought up when discussing the matter with this year's judges. Seems like a solid approach.
One Stop Rules Shop

Von Clausewitz
Civilian

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Von Clausewitz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Another beauty pageant held by the savants....arguing over who gets to wear the tiara.

My look at how strong raiding has become.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:19 am

Von Clausewitz wrote:Another beauty pageant held by the savants....arguing over who gets to wear the tiara.

My look at how strong raiding has become.

Damn straight son, I'm absolutely fucking gorgeous.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:46 pm

:bow:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

McManniaa