NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Wrektopia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wrektopia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrektopia » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm

[GARISH TEXT AND LINKSPAM REMOVED BY MOD // PRESERVED IN LOCKER]
Last edited by Kyrusia on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removing garish text and linkspam to "ear rape" exceptionally loud YouTube videos of noise.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Wrektopia: *** Warning for garish text and spamming. ***
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Liberated Free Nations
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Free Nations » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:19 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Liberated Free Nations wrote:Why... are RAIDERS the only ones who ever get condemned?

It would be a lot more fair to condemn nations for RP or even NS stat reasons than for it to be a rare and exclusive reward for raiderism, like only regions like the Black Hawks can ever get. How many of you voters, yourselves, ever get to be Commended or Condemned?

They're not. A quick look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=392800

will show that nations and regions have been C&C for a number of reasons, not just for raiding.

Thanks for the link. While I did see a much more balanced result for condemnations, the same unfortunately can't be said of commends, where OOC gameplay takes huge precedence over having a good character.

Another reason I voted to condemn, though, is because there's hundreds of thousands of nations here. Even with more than one C&C in a month going on, WA activity is still like a drop in the ocean among such numbers. Surely, you would like a realistic chance at having one of your own nations commended/condemned by a more active Security Council membership someday?
Last edited by Liberated Free Nations on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Full Name: The (Former) Democratic Republic of Liberated Free Nations

The reactionary foreign oppressors ruling the nations of our Union, criminally implementing a policy of decadent consumerism across the land with an iron fist, are on the retreat before the legitimate government of the working class fighting to rebuild the only Marxist state on earth, which was WRONGLY classified as a Psychotic Dictatorship. We will return to power inevitably.

Wrektopia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrektopia » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:47 am

Minus the hideous trashy text and link garbage:

"Thank you!"

Curly Eayler arrives on a parade float made of seven junked cars and covered in old chicken bones and flies. A garland of rusty cans drapes the sides of the float. All of its wheels are just bare rims. It appears to be powered by steam rising from a burning pile of tires in the back.

"This is great. So great. I am so proud." He throws some chicken bones at the ambassadors. "So proud. We actually just finished having a parade to celebrate our victory here. Or what's about to be our victory. We've basically won. That's why I'm on the float. I'd be on the float anyway. This thing is great. We really kind of threw it together but it works. I want to spend a lot of time on this thing." He steps off the float. Apparently he didn't mean what he said about spending time on it.

"Again, I really want to emphasize just how proud I am. Of all of you. For standing in union with me, with Wrektopia, and against this lame, weak sauce over in Adytus all pissed about our trash and stuff. You did the right thing." He throws some more chicken bones. "I was skeptical when I joined this place. I was like, 'what's all that about making the world a better place and stuff? Are they going to be dicks about the trash thing?' But no, turns out you guys were awesome about it, and again, I really appreciate it."

Curly raised his voice. "Let it be known that the World Assembly, or 7 or 8 thousand members of it or something, hereby supports trash. You are my brothers and sisters in trash. The North Pacific especially is way, way big on trash. I'll take this as a cue to keep on keepin on with the trash thing, and all that and such. Again, thanks." He drinks from a flask. "This is great. I'll send you all some trash, as thanks. Peace. Curly out. Bye." He climbs on the float and slowly rolls away. "Bye. See you. Peace. Bye. Bye. Goodbye." He throws some chicken bones.

"Bye."
Last edited by Wrektopia on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 am

"Condemn Wrektopia" was defeated 9,872 votes to 4,030.
Jamie Williamson, Assistant to the Delegate-Ambassador: "Actually... more like 10,000 supporters of trash you've got there, Curly."
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Previous

Return to WA Archives