NATION

PASSWORD

State Visits to Noronica (IC | TWI ONLY | CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

State Visits to Noronica (IC | TWI ONLY | CLOSED)

Postby Noronica » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Noronnican State Visits

The Federal Overlordship of Noronica has been on the international stage for hundreds of years. It has seen countless delegations from foreign nations, from hostile to allies, Noronica has hosted them. Now the 21st Century and with The Western Isles ever-changing, Noronica seeks relations now more than ever.

The Overlord Palace

Rules

• Please keep this respectful, this is a diplomatic RP, so no fighting.
  • Please only post if you are in TWI and have gotten permission to post here.
  • Try not to quote everything, we want to have a flow of conversation.
  • Please read the itinerary below so you know what's coming and what you might want to do.
  • As this is time-constrained, please do not post after your state visit ends unless we have another one.

Information & Itinerary

• All official state visits shall convene in the Overlord Palace.
  • The Overlord (King) of Noronica is Tytus I and is referred to as 'Your Majesty', (or 'His Majesty' when spoken about in third-person).
  • The visiting head of state is greeted upon arrival by the Overlord, the Prime Minister, and the Overlord's ambassador (or other head of mission) accredited to the host country.
  • A 21-gun salute is fired and the two national anthems are played by a military band. The guest country's anthem is played first.
  • A review of a Noronnican guard of honour.
  • Procession led back to the Palace through rear entrance.
  • The visiting head of state is formally introduced to senior officials of Noronica and the Overlord is introduced to the delegation accompanying the visiting head of state.
  • An exchange of gifts between the two heads of state.
  • A state dinner, (white tie), is hosted by the Overlord, the visiting head of state is the guest of honour and will receive a speech and toast. The Head of State then proposes a toast to the Overlord.
  • A visit to the Federal Assembly. The visiting head of state is invited to deliver a formal address to the assembled members of the Assembly.

Please note that you can only post here if you have been given permission to do so.
Last edited by Noronica on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:55 pm

The Confederative Republic of San Jimenez State Visit
Sunday - 25th June 2017

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 am

Nolon City, Greater Nolon, Noronica

The Overlord Palace was in overdrive, the entire building and grounds seemed to be swarmed with a mass of vibrant colours, all belonging to the various servants, officials and guards, all rushing from one place to the next. State visits were always held in with high esteem in Noronica, ever since the first official state visit during the time of the Empire. Such an event had to be taken with utmost importance, which is why the entire palace was mobilised and preparing for the event.

Prime Minister Joshua McIntosh loved being inside the depth of the palace. Each and every nook and cranny held some semblance to the grandeur of Noronica's past. Standing in the Overlord's Throne Room, he glanced at the structure, noticing the grand white pillars draped in golden decorations, the chandeliers hanging perfectly still above the room, the vast windows overlooking the rest of the estate, the almost entirely reflective polished oak floor, and most importantly, the throne which stood proudly above the floor, decorated with gold and red, displaying the Royal Noronnican Coat of Arms. He sauntered up to the throne, smirking as he did so. Many accused him of being Noronica's next Overlord, trying to rekindle the aged flames of the empire. To be quite perfectly honest, he would never want to be Overlord, he had much more power in his current position. He found himself standing directly in front of the throne the two standing in mutual understanding, the Throne and the Prime Minister.

"They say one never truly understands the position of a monarch until they stand in front of the throne itself." Joshua was broken from his thoughts by the sudden voice, immediately recognising it. His lips curved in a small smile as he turned, hearing the loud thuds of shoes on the wooden floor. Before him walked Tytus I, the Overlord of the Overlordship of Noronica and Protectorates, the only man in the whole of the Western Isles that truly scared Joshua McIntosh. The man oozed power even when walking, commanding attention around him. Maybe it was due to his military days, maybe it was his height and glare, but something within the Overlord deeply unsettled Joshua. The man stopped and gave a small bow, enough to be respectful, but not enough to resemble honouring.

"It appears we are in the wrong positions Mr. McIntosh, that is unless you've declared yourself Overlord?" The question was a joke undoubtedly, but taking there was a faint air of threatening. Joshua smiled, his arms open in a friendly gesture,
"Of course not Your Majesty, I was just admiring the handiwork of it. Such a fine piece of furniture, it almost takes away the rest of decoration of the room." Joshua's voice dripped with formality and flattery. The two clasped hands in a friendly manner and turned towards the entrance of the throne room. Tytus kept his regality about him, but the two were comfortable in each other's company, walking through hallways and corridors.

Finally arriving at the grand palace doors, Tytus turned towards Joshua, "Are the media at the entrance yet?" he asked as he straightened his suit. Joshua glanced over at him,
"Yes Your Majesty, they arrived a few minutes ago. According to the plan, we will be waiting outside for the Jimeneans to arrive. Once they arrive, we-"
"Greet them and pose for the media, believe me, Mr. McIntosh, I've done this many times." With that, Tytus put on a friendly smile, losing his cold appearance and nodded to the guards who promptly opened the doors. Tytus stepped out first, waving to the media before standing by the red carpet laid out for the Jimeneans. Joshua, who had been observing the Overlord, smirked and followed, checking his watch to see that the Jimeneans were scheduled to arrive soon.

San Jimenez
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:58 am

After shortly arriving in Noronica, President Canone was met with fanfare along with his advisors headed for the palace. He was wearing a dark suit with the Jimenean colors of the national sash. On the way there, President Canone was able to see the beauty of Noronica and the wonderful architecture. "Beautiful country, Noronica, tender people the Noronnicans" the president said. He smiled and his eyes were large as he looked out the window.

He arrived at the Palace where the Overlord was patiently waiting. He exited the car where he was met with local media. He waved at the crowd and smiled. He welcomed the fanfare and media attention and considered this the most welcoming meeting he had ever attended.

He walked onto the luxurious red carpet that had been laid out for them and headed to greet the Overlord. As he came upon Overlord Tytus he said "It's a great pleasure to be here with you today, your majesty" as he smiled and nodded. He stook his hand out for a proper handshake.
......... ☨ The Republic of San Jimenez ☨ .........
...| Overview | Archive | Telegram |...
Proud to be a nation of The Western Isles.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Tytus smiled widely, the shaking of one's hand in politics was a highly scrutinised event in media terms. If you looked odd, instead of 'Diplomatic Ties Between Noronica and San Jimenez' being the headline, it would be 'Overlord Shakes Hands Like A Weirdo'. He outstretched his hand and met the other smiling at President Canone before turning to look at the camera. Both men stood smiling and Tytus admitted that it would look very good in photo. Letting go of the President's hand, he spoke, "Mr President, I am honoured to meet your acquaintance. Today shall mark the strengthening of ties between our two nations, and I am proud to be a witness to it." He turned towards the President's fiance, Mary Floyd, "It is an honour to meet yours as well, I am glad to greet you both here to the palace."

Turning to Joshua McIntosh and the Ambassador from San Jimenez to Noronica, he gestured towards them, "Mr President, this is my Prime Minister Joshua McIntosh," Joshua shook hands with President Canone, "and this is your ambassador to Noronica,
Javier Daniels," the ambassador greeted the President in Spanish. Once the two had made their proper greetings to the President, Tytus noticed that the royal carriage had appeared as the President's car was driven away back to the Palace's holding area,
"Gentlemen and Madam, I would like to invite you to join me in the carriage where we shall be taken to the Palace Gardens where the gun-salute shall be taking place."

The driver of the carriage stepped from his perch above the carriage, his red and gold clothes signifying his service to the Royal Family. He patted the horses to ensure they stood still and then he turned to open the doors for the Overlord and his guests. Tytus stepped inside and noticed his wife, Princess Remona Alexander sat in the carriage awaiting the group. He greeted her and sat down in the soft purple seat, waiting for the rest of the group to enter the carriage.
Last edited by Noronica on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:14 pm

The president nodded and looked to the crowd as he spoke. "Thank you your majesty, it's a pleasure to be here!". He smiled as the Overlord greeted his fiancé. After meeting with the Jimenean ambassador to Noronica, the Overlord invited Canone and his wife into the carriage. He held Mary's hand as he walked her to the carriage. "This place is wonderful" Mary said smiling to Canone as they walked to the carriage. They entered the carriage and greeted the princess. They then awaited to arrive at the Palace Gardens. Mary then spoke directly to the princess saying "Princess, do you have any children?"
Last edited by San Jimenez on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Remona gave a measured smile, the question was rather forward, but she knew the speaker didn't intend harm, so she answered, "Yes, Tytus and I have two children, Trystane and Mellisa. Both are adults in their late twenties now, so we see them less frequently. Trystane is the oldest so, therefore, the heir to the throne and Mellisa is currently serving in the Armed Forces." She was proud of the latter fact as she herself had seen war. Yes, it was hardly natural for a woman in the Royal Family to fight in wars as with most nations with monarchies, yet times were changing and Noronnican women had been in the armed forces for decades, why not the Royals? Her experience of war was not planned as the Civil War was hardly something to prepare for, yet she fought well and her husband was proud of that fact. The two were a tight-knit team, and she certainly did not wish to be a trophy wife so the two lived side-by-side. She leaned forward and smiled kindly, "Can we hope for any children for you and your husband?"

Tytus smiled as his wife spoke of their children, he turned to President Canone, "We should be arriving soon, we are just travelling around the palace. How are your first impressions of Noronica?"
Last edited by Noronica on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Mary listened to the princess talk about her children and was rather happy to hear their accomplishments. "Your daughter sounds like a brave young woman. I admire her for her choices to serve in the Armed Forces. I believe we need more young woman like her in this world." As the princess asked her about having children Mary blushed and smiled as she answered. "I'm inclined to think we will. I think he would be a good father" she looked at Canone and smiled.

Canone held his fiancée hand as he spoke and smiled. "I must say, Noronica is one of the most beautiful countries here in The Western Isles. Magnificent."

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Remona smiled at the young couple, full of love and joy. Tutus and her were not young by any stretch of the imagination, but they still loved other and knew they were in it for the long haul. The two before her seemed content and happy with themselves, while in Noronnican politics, one had to ensure they were always glancing behind their backs. In that way, Remona envied them but admired their unity. She replied with pleasure as she was glad to receive the compliment from Mary, "Well I am pleased with your sentiment. Princess Mellisa would have been glad to hear that. I hope you consider children, I believe you would make an excellent couple." In truth, Remona knew nothing of the two and was giving a bit of a lie for the sake of flattery, but she could see only smiles and joyousness oozing from the couple, so she felt her comment was not out of place.

Tytus beamed proudly, "Well Mr President, I am honoured to hear such a compliment about my country. However you must look beyond the facade, it seems the sun knew of your arrival. If you were not here, it would be raining." A chuckle emitted from Tytus, he was genuinely glad to hear the compliment. Turning to look outside the window, he noticed that the carriage was beginning to slow. "Mr President, it will soon be time for the salute. As sovereign, I will stand next to you as the anthems and gun salute occur. Your people might have informed you of proceedings, but I thought I might just tell you to make sure." With that, the carriage ground to a halt and the driver got down from his seat to the door. The door swung open and Tytus beckoned the group within the carriage to join him in the gardens where the household guard stood proudly.

The procession walked solemnly towards the back entrance to the palace which faced the gardens. Tytus and the President walked towards their respective podiums while Joshua, the ambassador, Remona and Mary stood behind the two. As they stood ready, the household guard officers bellowed orders to those stationed at the artillery pieces. The cannons gave a 21-gun salute while the group, the guards and the other guests remained in silence with only the light breeze of the wind and the gentle rumble of cannon fire.

Once the salute was over, a voice emitted from speakers around the guest areas, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr President and Royal Highnesses, the national anthem of the Confederative Republic Of San Jimenez." The marching band began almost immediately, playing 'Glory To San Jimenez' while the President and Overlord stood watching. Tytus smiled inquisitively, it was not a tune he'd heard before. It was quite a fast-paced tune, with a very upbeat and joyous feel to it. There were no words to it as this was a marching band, but the tune was enough to swell one with joy. The anthem ended and Tytus smiled knowing what was next.

The voice piped up again, "The national anthem of the Federal Overlordship of Noronica." The marching band began slow, introducing the song before launching into the anthem in a full-blown attempt, swelling Tytus' heart with pride. The song, 'Royal Noronica' was a song with great fervour, without words, it was less powerful, but still one that could send one into a feeling of great patriotism. Once the tune had ended, he turned towards President Canone, "Would you join me in inspecting the Household Guard?"

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Mary smiled. "Thank you, I do believe we will"

As they exited the carriage, Canone smiled when hearing the announcement of San Jimenez and the playing of the national anthem. He was proud to hear his nation's anthem being played beyond the Jimenean border. As the anthem came to a finish and the Noronnican anthem began to play, Canone felt a presence of royalty coming from the tune and a feeling of the power of Noronica.

As the Overlord invited Canone he nodded and responded "Yes let us go."

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Tytus smiled, "Very good." As the two began walking towards the troops, the rest of the small group followed. Tytus gestured towards the guards, "The uniform they wear has been around for centuries. This is their ceremonial outfit of course, but they still carry their rifle." He walked towards one of the soldiers, "Private, this is the President of San Jimenez."

The soldier piped up inmediately, his back straightening and his chest puffing out in pride, "Your Majesty and Mr President, it is an utter privilege to meet you both." He saluted the two officials and stepped backwards into his original place.

The procession was met by Major General Jonathan Hall, Head of the Royal Nolon Guard. He bowed his head, "Your Majesty, Mr President, I present to you the Noronnican Household Guard. It is an honour." He led the group through the lines of soldiers, stopping and speaking to a few like before.

Once the military inspection came to an end, Tytus turned to President Canone, "Would you like to give a short speech to the media before we go back inside the palace?"

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:15 pm

President Canone admired the uniforms of the soldiers. "Fine looking attire." He said. When introduced to one of the soldiers, he was astounded by the amount of discipline he carried. He nodded at the soldier and continued walking with the Overlord.

When asked to address the media, Canone said "Why yes, I believe it will be an appropriate chance for me to speak directly to the Noronnican people".

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:33 pm

"Very good Mr President. If you would follow me." The procession returned to the prodiums and the two main members returned to their respective place. Tytus could hear the media's cameras growing more impatient, so he leaned forward to speak into the microphone, "San Jimenez has played a key role in Noronnican history. Our two nations have forged countless years of prosperity, and, with the 21st Century, we wish to expand on our ties, creating a strong relationship that shall last for years to come. I now invite President Canone to give a short speech to the assembled members of the media before we retire to the palace."

Standing upwards again, he turned to President Canone and nodded.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:49 pm

After the Overlord had introduced Canone to the media, Canone straightened up and walked towards the crowd of the media awaiting his statement. The president nodded back at the Overlord and said "Thank you" as he looked at the cameras. He then spoke with a smile. "Citizens of the Noronnican nation, I commend you for the hard work you do to keep this country the great nation it currently is. Never have I seen a foreign nation look more beautiful than this. I am President Lucas Canone from The Confederative Republic of San Jimenez. San Jimenez has witnessed Noronnican prosperity through the years and I am sure it will continue to see prosperity for many years to come. Jimeneans will work alongside their Noronnican brothers and sisters to ensure of it! We are hoping to form an unbreakable relationship between our two nations so that through difficult times we may all know that our free nations can rely on each other no matter the circumstance." He smiled and nodded at the cameras as he stepped back at the finishing of his short speech.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Tytus smiled, this man was a good statesman by the way his speech was crafted. The Noronnican people could get rather proud, so this speech would touch on the hearts of many of the population. He had a way with words and Tytus liked formidable speakers. Giving one last final wave to the cameras, he turned towards the doors of the palace, leading the group alongside the President inside the palace while the marching band entered into a tune sending the group off.

As the doors closed, Tytus turned to the assembled group, "I would like to take this time for a few hours break. The state banquet shall be occurring afterwards, but we will all want to go and freshen up. Mr President, it has been a great honour to meet with you and I hope you have enjoyed your state visit thus far. My wife and I shall retire to our personal chambers, we have arranged for your own chambers. Harry here will guide you." He beckoned a butler who smiled at the Jimeneans. He spoke with a regal air displaying his years of service to the palace which seemed to make anyone speak like royalty,
"Sir and Madame, if you would like to join me?"

Tytus turned to Remona and Joshua, "Prime Minister, you must have matters to attend to, my wife and I shall go and prepare, I look forward to seeing you at the banquet."

Joshua smirked, "I thank you Your Royal Highnesses for your hospitality, I shall return for the banquet as soon as I can."

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 am

Upon hearing this, Canone and Mary followed Harry to their guest chambers and waited there until called upon by the Overlord.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Tytus gazed into the mirror, observing the man in front of him. What he saw was a proud monarch, his dinner suit decorated with royal regalia and finery fit only for that of royalty. He saw a decorated war veteran with medals to show his involvement in a war against an evil so great it threatened to consume Noronica. What he saw was a man fiercely protecting his legacy, even if it meant extreme measures. Inside, he was a cold and cynical man. His medals were only for show, the war he fought was a brutal one, and no side was without casualty, nor was any side righteous. His fingers tightened around the seat next to him until his knuckles shone white with pain, his hand shaking as his mind reeled in remembrance. How many died in Sinare? Thousands, thousands slaughtered only because of their allegiance, young men who knew only peace in their old lives - killed for their uniform. Tytus could not look to anyone else but him to blame, they were his orders alone, he ordered the annihilation of the forces in Port Sinare. Yes, the Noronnican history books absolved him, but he could still. No. No weakness. One should not question themselves in this manner, he served his country, not the dead.

Sighing, he turned to his wife Remona who watched his turmoil, a sad look on her face, "Tytus, we never talk about what happened. You are my husband as I am your wife, we need to trust each other. So tell me-"
Tytus' face grew cold and fierce,
"No. I have made it clear that we never bring that up. Never. Do I make myself clear?" His voice turned to that of a darker tone, one filled with malice. Remona scowled,
"Remember that we are a team, we do not dominate each other. I can say what I damn well please Tytus."
At the knocking of the door, the two's faces lifted into comfortable smiles, practised ones that they showed at every state visit. Tytus looked at Remona, his hand squeezing hers gently as a sign of reconciliation. They needed unity not division.

The two arrived at the palace's Dining Hall, their presence made known to the assembled guests by a young man announcing them,
"Assembled guests, His Majesty, the Overlord and his wife, the Princess of Gwynon." The hall exploded into excited chatter as actors, officials, and the rest of the royal family noted the presence of the monarch. Dinner would be fast approaching, but there was a drink's reception beforehand. Tytus turned to an aide,
"Please let the President and his fiancé know it is time for the State Dinner."

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:38 pm

After Harry had led them to their room, Canone gave him a tip smiling and said: "Thank you, for your kind hospitality". Upon entering their room, the couple relaxed and prepared for the State Dinner. President Canone had put on a black suit with a white bow tie around his neck and the national sash over his chest. Mary had changed into a light pink and white antebellum dress, antebellum dresses were quite common in Jimenean culture, with white evening gloves reaching to her elbows. As they waited, Mary had managed to pray part of a rosary that she had brought from San Jimenez. As she prayed the rosary, Canone had put his hand on her shoulder and smiled as he joined her. A moment later, a knock on the door grasped Canone's attention as he opened it. A Noronnican stood outside the door informing him that they were invited to come down when they were ready. He informed Mary and escorted her as they walked to meet Overlord Tytus.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:07 pm

When announcer turned to see the approaching figures of the President and his fiancé, his chest puffed out and his finger fiddling with his dinner jacket. He found his job to be important despite the lack of depth. To attain gravitas, one should be announced as it adds power to your entrance. Clearing his throat, he spoke loudly, "Assembled guests, His Excellency, President Canone of San Jimenez and his fiancé Mary Floyd."

Overlord Tytus turned sharply on his heals to the announcement and a smile graced his lips, "Good Evening Mr. President. Might I say how good it is to see you dressed in your finery. Mary, it is good to see you as well, I didn't get a chance to ask, is this your first time in Noronica?"
Last edited by Noronica on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:07 pm

As they arrived, a man announced their arrival grandly. President Canone nodded and smiled appearing pleased and ecstatic. Canone and Mary walked over to Overlord Tytus with great enthusiasm. "Good evening to you Overlord. Thank you, it is quite typical among politicians back at home." Mary spoke to the Overlord as well. "It's great to see you also, this actually is my first time in a foreign nation so it is a grand experience to be here today."

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Tytus smirked, "Ah the traditions in politics, Noronica has a fair share of its own I can assure you of that. Do you know, some members of each house in the Federal Assembly tap their chamber's door twice as is a tradition from hundreds of years ago dating back to when the advisory around Table Council each tapped the table twice to show their allegiance to their kingdom. A rather odd tradition, but one I find quite amusing." He chuckled and turned to Mary, "Well I do hope this isn't much of a culture shock, Noronica is rather colder and wetter than what I hear of San Jimenez and the people can be rather eccentric here." Smiling good-naturedly, he turned towards a passing waiter, "Three glasses of champagne please," he turned towards the two, "unless you would require a different beverage?"
Last edited by Noronica on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:17 pm

"That is rather interesting and unique. I know San Jimenez is commonly criticized for its traditions and is usually classified as backward, but I believe traditions are what define a nation's culture and keep the nation connected to its history." Canone turned to Mary as the Overlord spoke to her. "Noronica is much different than back home but is a beautiful nation with a wonderful culture."

As the overlord requested champagne, Canone was quite pleased with the Overlord's hospitality. "Oh no sir, the champagne is quite all right!"

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:35 pm

The Overlord smiled at Canone and Mary, passing them glasses of champagne. He felt a little elation in his chest due to the constant praise of his dear country. One should not be overcome by flattery, Tytus berated himself, a little annoyed at his lack of control. Was it the champagne, or his age? He smirked to himself and turned towards the Dining Hall doors which were beginning to open.

"Esteemed guests, may I request your presence in the Dining Hall?" the same announcer from before bellowed into the room. Tytus gazed around to see other guests dash off to their seats, most likely in a futile attempt to grab a good seat before being subjected to a seat in the corner. Tytus was glad that he would be sitting next to Canone and Princess Remona, he wouldn't be able to stand some haughty Noronnican aristocrat with aspirations the size of the moon, trying to grab his attention at every opportunity.

He gestured towards Canone and Mary to follow him, placing their half-empty glasses onto a servant's tray. Princess Remona caught up to them, a large smile on her face as she glanced around the room. The four then entered the Dining Hall at the behest of the announcer who signalled to the band who announced their arrival with a short trumpet tune. Everyone in the room stood up in respect, their eyes glued to the Royal Couple and the San Jimenean couple. Tytus enjoyed this part as he could see the types of people in the room, those who looked at him with concern, excitement, or jealousy. Looking to the head of the table, he could see that Joshua was watching the procession with a measured smile, something which concerned Tytus. Tytus never really liked the man, he was too manipulative and aspirational for Tytus' taste.

Once at their seat, the four sat, allowing for the rest of the room to take their seats as well. Tytus then allowed the room to mingle for a few moments, each chattering excitedly about different topics, most notably the feast they were attending. Once the room has become suitably relaxed, Tytus rose from his seat in a slow manner, the announcer quickly following with,
"His Majesty, Overlord Tytus I."
With that, Tytus began to speak,
"It is with great pleasure that I welcome President Lucas Canone and his fiancé Mary Floyd, both of whom are important figures in Noronica's relations with San Jimenez. I am proud to host the talks between our two nations, united in peace and prosperity here at the dining table. Citizens of Noronica, citizens of San Jimenez, I now turn to President Canone."

Tytus sat as he listened to the President's short speech. He was convinced, Canone was a very good statesman and must be highly popular in his nation if he could reproduce speeches like this in a heartbeat. Turning to Mary, he could see that she was enjoying herself as she nodded along with her fiancé's speech. Once finished, the President sat and the dinner commenced, the Dining Hall once again filled with sound.

Afternoon

Tytus watched the retreating car with a small smile, his gaze following the back of the President's car. It had been an interesting visit, with President Canone and his fiancé being shown around the city and the Federal Assembly. The President had certainly been receptive and very willing to join in, providing grand speeches, especially in the Federal Assembly. Once the car was out of sight and the media had gotten tired, his smile fell and his face relaxed into a neutral look, his tiredness beginning to seep in. He needed a rest before he would be hosting another foreign country, namely the Union of Covonant. Turning towards the steps to the Palace, he grasped hold of Remona's hand and stepped inside.

Joshua, meanwhile, was still watching the space where the car had disappeared - his face pensive. The last few days had been very productive, with the San Jimeneans willing to deepen relations with Noronica, something which he had hoped would happen. Noronica was surrounded by nations, nations which needed to be allies of Noronica's. It would not do to be a lone wolf amongst enemies. Turning towards the state car, he climbed inside, allowing for the low rumble of the car to relax him as it drove back to the State Palace.

END OF STATE VISIT

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 am

The People's Democratic Republic of Velah State Visit
Saturday - 15th July 2017
Done after date due to OOC constraints.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:10 am

Nolon City, Greater Nolon, Noronica

Joshua stood with a smile on his face as he waited for the Chairman of Velah, Lev Verdiyev, to arrive in the State Palace's meeting room. He saw that the press were already here, taking pictures of him as they all waited.

It had been an interesting couple of days, the State Visit had gone well so far, and there had only been minimal protests in the streets. Communism was an interesting topic in Noronica as it tended to be a little-thought-about subject. Noronnicans were mostly accepting of differing views due to Noronica's history with multiple influences from a multitude of foreign nations. Therefore, only a few could be bothered to stand outside the Palace gates, shouting half-heartedly at the air. No one save from a few small news outlets paid any mind.

The Chairman had been an interesting character, proving to be intelligent and accepting of the pomp and ceremony. Joshua had feared the man might be averse to the grand affair, yet was pleasantly surprised to find that the man made little comment. His speeches were good, and he was able to get a good applause from the Federal Assembly, yet Noronica was wary of the man and his country, so it was very interesting to see. Joshua cared little about the man's values, he only cared to see what Velah and Noronica could do together, as he was having to be careful with not angering his allies who seemed to be rather quiet at the controversial meeting.

Hearing activity outside and the increasing flashes of cameras, Joshua straightened his back and fastened a larger smile on his face, watching as the doors opened to reveal the Chairman and his delegates.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents