NATION

PASSWORD

Peoples Republic of the Commonwealth Community & News Thread

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Peoples Republic of the Commonwealth Community & News Thread

Postby Pillowlandia » Thu May 25, 2017 3:09 pm

The thread is primarily to serve as a central repository for RP links. Further, it is also meant to be used for all of the RP which doesn't quite warrant its own thread alongside items such as news articles.

Notable plots in this thread include:
-The Grand War (1908-19xx)
-Continuity Posts (circa 2060s)
and others and one shots
Last edited by Pillowlandia on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Sudardes
Attaché

Founded: Aug 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:48 pm

24th June, 2067, Shapiron Sudardes, Baxton's Quarters
Baxton awoke in the middle of the night. She got up and looked at the clock beside her bed. 3:02 AM. Her room was built above the fifty seventh floor of the government complex, with the sprawling city below her. The wall her bed faced was one large sheet of four inch thick reinforced glass, capable of withstanding a few hits of 30mm, but offered a crystal clear view of the industry and economy booming around her. Lying in bed, she could study the stars, or see flashes of lightning, or watch the rain smashed into furious, glittering sunbursts in mid-air, against the unseen protection. She sat up and took a few tentative steps towards the transparent wall across her. Tonight the sky was unnaturally clear, devoid of the normal industrial output she was so familiar with, revealing for the first time in many months the sparkling stars in the heavens. "I am going to die," she said aloud--and yawned. People always speak of a black death or a red death, she thought; yours, Elizabeth Baxton, will be a gray death. Why hasn't anyone ever said that this is the ultimate horror? Not screams, pleas or convulsions. Not the indifference of a clean emptiness, disinfected by the fire of some great disaster. But this--a mean, smutty little horror, impotent even to frighten. You can't do it like that, she told herself, smiling coldly; it would be in such bad taste. Without, wasting a moment, she tore herself away from the window, put on her officers uniform, combed her hair, and headed out of her quarters, down the impeccable white corridor, to the cabinet elevator.

24th June, 2067, Shapiron Sudardes, Cabinet Meeting Room
People said that Elizabeth Baxton's greatest deception, among many, was her appearance. She looked like the decadent, over perfected end product of a long line of exquisite breeding--and everybody knew that she came from the gutter. She was tall, too slender for physical beauty, as if all her womanhood had been bred away. It was not necessary for her to stand erect in order to convey an impression of hardness. Like a piece of expensive steel, she bent, slouched and made people conscious, not of her pose, but of the ferocious spring that could snap her straight at any moment. This hint was all she needed; she seldom stood quite straight; she lounged about. Under any clothes she wore, it gave her an air of consummate elegance. She stood in front of a group of men in the executive board room on the eightieth floor of the government complex. It was a glass cage on the roof of the tower, its walls and ceiling made of huge glass sheets. There were dust-blue suede curtains to be pulled across the walls and enclose the room when it was needed; there was nothing to cover the ceiling. In the middle stat an ovular mahogany table, large enough to seat twenty four people, with two seats on either end and eleven on both sides. On the table in front of each seat was a bottle of water, a fountain pen, and a notepad. Four security guards stood in each corner of the room, armed with carbine rifles. Behind Baxton was a holoscreen displaying the Sudardesian seal.

"This better be important," said Smith, Secretary of the Treasury. "I'm fucking telling you I'm sick of getting called into the fucking office at 7AM twice a month to hear about you various contingency plans about invading the Entente and the North West Alliance and begging for the public dime."

Smith was part of a twenty four man cabinet, part of the executive organ of the Sudardesian government. Eleven members of the cabinet were here in front of Baxton today. The standing committee of Sudardes. All of them were graduates from elite private highschools that went on to attend elite private colleges. Most of them went to business school or law school afterwards. Few had even seen what it was like to live in the squalid Sudardesian underworld. None had gone through any kind of formal military training. These men were the eleven most powerful people in politics, and now they were sitting in front of the most powerful person in the country.

"Gentlemen," Baxton began. "I had an epiphany last night. An epiphany that will set our nation on a course for greatness."

"Oh for fucks sake, woman!" Smith exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air. "Do I really need to be here for this?"

Baxton ignored him.

"As human beings, we are constrained by our mortality. Each person born into the world must eventually leave it." She paused and looked around the room lazily. "That is equally true of nations and culture."

There was a hushed whispering among then men in front of her, no doubt asking one another if they had heard the most zealous nationalist in the nation denounce her own country.

"You will realzse, if you look, what a miniscule section of this region can really be regarded as our property. For the land which we occupy is no more than a tiny island. And I must disabuse you of any idea that your own fame, or the fame of any one of us, could ever be great enough to extend beyond these known and settled lands. Hence not only is the extent of mortal fame small in the grand scheme of things, but its duration is but a brief moment in the vast river of time. See beyond the opinions of other nations, for good or for bad, and to be true to our soul and the soul of our nation, strive on! Understand that we are Gods! The rule of reason and freewill over mind and body is like the rule of God himself over the physical universe. Use this eternal force, therefore, for the most splendid deeds it is in our nation to achieve! Sudardes is no longer to us a mere country on the map. Our nation comes within the dear and sacred designation of Our Country… other nations have undertaken to intrude themselves … in a spirit of hostile interference against us, for the avowed object of disrupting our policy and hampering our power, limiting our greatness and checking the fulfillment of our manifest destiny to overspread the continent allotted by us Gods for the free development of our yearly multiplying millions!"

"I've heard enough of this," Smith got up. "You're one crazy bitch, I'm telling you. You're gonna drive this country into the fucking ground." He took large strides towards the elevator while the rest of the standing committee looked on in horror. "You just fucking wait til I tell the public what you're up to!" He turned around and pointed at Baxton. "And you can get the funding you want for your 'manifest destiny' project over my dead body!"

Three loud cracks spilt the air and ushered a deafening silence upon the room. All heads turned to the source of the noise, one of the security guards stood with his sights trained on the Secretary of the Treasury, the barrel of his gun smoking.

"Jesus Christ!" The sound of chairs scraping the marble floor sounded around Baxton. Three large plumes of red began to spread on the Secretary's shirt. He looked in disbelief at Baxton before collapsing where he stood. By now all the standing committee were on their feet, but the four guards reacted quickly, training their sights on the scared cabinet. Baxton smiled. "Gentlemen, I have no time for defeatists in our government. I expect your full cooperation."

The Secretary of Industry tentatively raised his voice. "And what if we choose not to cooperate?" Another gunshot sounded. This time Baxton herself had drawn and fired her weapon at the Secretary. He slumped over and fell into the bullet proof window, a trickle of blood oozing from his forehead.

"You will go to your respective fields and organise them so that they feed the Sudardesian war machine. I want you all to remember what I said about the fragility of human existence. If any of you fail, not only will you be killed but your family and their family shall also be killed. Is that understood?"

The group of men stood in silence, like a group of scared school children.

"Is that understood?"

"Yes." They said.

"Excellent. I will make a statement today to begin the first phase of our manifest destiny."

Declaration from the Department of State of The Imperium of Sudardes

Upon recent Violetist attacks in the capital of The Imperium of Sudardes that took the lives of our Secretary of the Treasury and our Secretary of Industry, it has become an imperative to secure our nations borders and flesh out our enemies wherever they are. Therefore the Sudardesian National Army will be occupying the areas immediately neighboring our wonderful country, areas where it is suspected that these Violet Terrorists are operating from. These areas have been declared as sovereign Sudardesian territories and will be treated as such until further notice.

May we have a moment of silence to those that have lost their lives in this senseless act of violence.

Elizabeth Baxton

Secretary of Defense of The Imperium of Sudardes

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Shapiron, Sudardes, Government Complex Press Room 6:00 PM, 25/06/2067

Scattered applause filled the packed conference room in the state house of Shapiron as Baxton stepped onto the stage. Built to house over a thousand people, the room was overflowing with journalists trying to snag a photograph of the Secretary of Defense delivering her address. She walked up the podium, disdainfully gazing at the two dozen microphones in front of her. She hated the press, with their prying eyes always looking to bite off more than they can chew.

"Citizens of TDC have many questions tonight. Sudardesians are asking: Who attacked our beautiful country? The evidence we have gathered all points to a collection of loosely affiliated terrorist organizations known as the Purple Sect. They are the same murderers indicted for assassinating the late Sudardesian President Joseph Reagan, and responsible for totalitarian attacks across the world. The Purple Sect is to terror what the mafia is to crime. But its goal is not making money; its goal is remaking the world - and imposing its radical beliefs on people everywhere. The terrorists practice a fringe form of Violetist extremism that has been rejected by Violetist scholars and the vast majority of Violetist clerics - a fringe movement that perverts the peaceful teachings of Violetism. The terrorists' directive commands them to kill Zarathustrians and Jews, to kill all Sudardesians, and make no distinction among military and civilians, including women and children. The leadership of the Purple Sect has great influence in Brasilistan and Reginaria and supports the radical totalitarian regime in controlling most of that country. In Brasilistan and Reginaria, we see the Purple Sect's vision for the world.

"Brasilistan and Reginaria's people have been brutalized - many are starving and many have fled. Women are not allowed to attend school. You can be jailed for owning a television. Religion can be practiced only as their leaders dictate. A man can be jailed in Brasilistan and Reginaria if his beard is not long enough. The Imperium of Sudardes respects the people of Brasilistan and Reginaria but we condemn the totalitarian regime. It is not only repressing its own people, it is threatening people everywhere by sponsoring and sheltering and supplying terrorists. By aiding and abetting murder, the totalitarian regime is committing murder. And tonight, The Imperium of Sudardes makes the following demands on the totalitarians: Deliver to The Imperium of Sudardes authorities all the leaders of the Purple Sect who hide in your land. Release all foreign nationals, you have unjustly imprisoned. The regime has a history of reckless threats and actions. It has a deep hatred of America and our friends. And it has aided, trained and harbored terrorists, including operatives of the Purple Sect.

"Our war on terror begins with the Purple Sect, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated. The TDC is asking, why do they hate us? They hate what we see right here in this chamber - self governing, autonomous states. Their leaders are self-appointed. They hate our freedoms - our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other. They want to overthrow existing governments in many countries, such as Nacimera, Kofutan, and Wildersonland. They want to drive us out of vast regions of Elysium. These terrorists kill not merely to end lives, but to disrupt and end a way of life. With every atrocity, they hope that TDC grows fearful, retreating from the world and forsaking our friends. They stand against us, because we stand in their way.

"We are not deceived by their pretenses to piety. We have seen their kind before. They are the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions - by abandoning every value except the will to power - they follow in the path of fascism, and Nazism, and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way, to where it ends: in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies. Citizens of The Imperium of Sudardes are asking: How will we fight and win this war? We will direct every resource at our command - every means of diplomacy, every tool of intelligence, every instrument of law enforcement, every financial influence, and every necessary weapon of war - to the disruption and to the defeat of the global terror network.
This war will not be like the war against Tycker om din mor a decade ago, with a decisive liberation of territory and a swift conclusion. It will not look like the air war above Alaska, where no ground troops were used and not a single Sudardesian was lost in combat.

"The danger is clear: using chemical, biological or, one day, nuclear weapons, obtained with the help of the totalitarians, the terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country, or any other. The The Imperium of Sudardes and other nations did nothing to deserve or invite this threat. But we will do everything to defeat it. Instead of drifting along toward tragedy, we will set a course toward safety. Before the day of horror can come, before it is too late to act, this danger will be removed. The Imperium of Sudardes has the sovereign authority to use force in assuring its own national security. That duty falls to me, as Secretary of Defense, by the oath I have sworn, by the oath I will keep.”

"Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

New Wildersonland, Wildersonland, Oshay Hennessey’s Study 7:30 PM, 25/06/67
Hennessey sat at his desk twiddling his thumbs, eyeing the half bottle of whisky and two drinking glasses laid out on his desk. I must resist, he told himself, when he comes we’ll drink! He was a short, porky man, but ultimately good natured. His jet black hair was greying at the temples and his hairline had been receding ever since his late twenties. At first glance, one may think that this was an 1920s oil baron, with a monopoly moustache plastered on his upper lip while fighting to stop himself from spilling over both sides of the chair. However, the kind smile and red face always made him popular amongst his constituents. He was the Prime Minister of Wildersonland.

The grand oak doors to Hennessey’s study opened gently. Hennessey sat up stood up excitedly and walked around the table to greet the man entering his room.

“My good man I’ve been waiting for so long to see you! How are the kids? Did Jennifer like the flowers I sent you?”

The man chuckled. He was a tall, thin man, with skin stretched tightly across his bones. His face was unwittingly symmetrical, without any identifiable features other than his brilliant blue eyes. “The kids are great, Oshay. And Jennifer loved the flowers.”

“Ah so good to hear! Would you like to share a drink?” Hennessy walked back to his desk and began to pour the decanter of whisky into both glasses. “I’d like to express our condolences to your people, Ambassador Wicken. The thoughts and prayers of Wildersonland lie with Sudardes tonight.”

He took the glasses and brought them to Wicken. “A toast I dare say, a toast to the integrity of the Imperium.”

“Yes, to the Imperium.” Wicken said, emptying the glass. “Have you considered the offer made by Elizabeth?”
“I’ve consulted my cabinet and the Parliament and quite frankly I’m not sure why you didn’t approach our government sooner.” Hennessey returned to his chair behind the desk. “Have a seat, have a seat!”

Wicken sat down facing the Prime Minister.

“After all your country has done for our people after the Great Rupture… If not for you we would all have been ‘cleansed’ at the hands of those genocidal Violetists! We have been struggling along with your help but in no way were we a truly stable nation. How long has it been? Fifteen years now?”

“Sixteen since the start of your civil war. But officially when Vlugoslaria split, it would be fifteen years.” Wicken responded.

“That’s what I meant, the dissolution of our once mighty nation into little sheikdoms controlled by murderous Violetist warlords. Let me tell you, those bastards killed our people and now they’ve killed your people too! Oh how I would like to…”

“As much as I would like to discuss with you the politics of the region, I have to insist that I am on a very tight schedule. In 2 hours I have to fly back to Shapiron assuming that you’ve accepted the offer and if you don’t I have to give a speech at the Convention Center regarding our government's response to the attack this morning.”

“Yes we accept.” Hennessey said. “The parliament voted 267 to 115 in favor of integration.”

“You do know what that entails for you nation, yes?”

“If making sure our citizens are safe, our children can get educated, our people to have developed public services means sporting a Sudardesian banner, I will do it.”

“You are aware that you will retain local autonomy to rule your state as you see fit?”

“And that I will have a SNA garrison and more investment? It’s a trade off that my government is willing to make. We’ll be just like any other Sudardesian super district on a political map.”

“Excellent. We should do dinner sometime. Bring the wife and kids to the party too. I’m not sure that my daughter has met the baby yet.”

Wicken stood up to leave. He extended his hand to the Prime Minister. “You made the right choice, Oshay. Future generations will look at this decision and be glad you made it.”

“I sure hope so, James.” Hennessey said, clasping Wickens hand. “I sure hope. Any news on the Naciremans?”

“They’ll be holding a referendum in the next couple of days.” Wicken called back, walking to the door. “It’s expected to be an overwhelming yes given our relations and support to their country in the past.”

“Well best of luck to you then, James!” Hennessey called. “And when’s a good time for dinner?”

“Friday.”
Last edited by Sudardes on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Flight of the Carriers
Moscou Shipyards delivers fourth Roc-Class to DCRA

Thomas Jackson
25 June, 2067 | Pillowlandia

Moscou- The ever industrious Moscou Shipyards have completed final systems integration of the Block II Roc-Class Airborne Operations Center. Improvements in the block II over the first three ships is a more advanced software for the ship's onboard radar suite. This upgrade will bring all sensors onboard to full useability, where previously they were limited to only partial systems. The multi-trillion dollar contract to deliver the five warships of the Roc-Class to the armed forces of the Democratic Commonwealth Regional Authority is now nearing completion as the fifth and final ship continues construction.

Other improvements include additional launchers along the hull for medium range air-to-air missiles which are designed to intercept incoming hostile missile, planes, and other objects. Alongside these defense, the laser defense system designed to guard against hypervelocity projectiles have been enabled with the latest combat center software.These improvements,which were hailed as a great success in the program timetable are several months behind original schedule though Mosocu has said that the fault is entirely due to the complexities that are brought about when designing software to power a "flying machine of unmatched lethality." And with this update, the Army of the Commonwealth Navy has deemed the entire fleet "more than combat prepared" as the fleet is now large enough to maintain a carrier on deployments at all times.

As the contract draws to an end however, the partnership between Moscou Shipyards and Allen-Brown that helped develop the propulsion systems needed to make the project a reality has begun to chill. The technology,
which both companies possess the rights to is likely to lead to newfound competition between the two companies that traditionally don't serve the same markets. Moscou CEO James Moscou alluded to expanding the corporations already wide holdings "further into aerospace ventures as to provide the best possible maintenance for the Roc-Class". While the multi-decade contract to maintain the massive warships is undoubtedly lucrative the additional services needed will represent a massive capital investment. This is likely to put the pressure on the company to expand, as it's traditional markets have begun to stabilize after a multi-decade growth that saw need to add additional shipyard capacity nearly every other quarter. So even with the continued brisk business, the lessons learned by the Roc program are likely to be utilized in a new project.
How that will affect relations between Allen-Brown and moscou remains to be seen.

Markus002
We need to reign in these big corporations, they continue to profit off the backs of the gentle laborer.
+20°-783

Wolf222
Yeah and we need to get rid of the unintelligent too!
+0°-73

MilFan11082
The things that they conjure up these days! Flying aircraft carriers, never would have thought it possible. It's almost magic.
+284°-3

Treasury Bombed!
Imperium treasury bombed by religious extremists.

James Connor
24 June, 2067 | Sudardes

Shapiron-The Series of bombings across Sudardes reached a new high today. Secretary of Treasury and Industry were both reported dead following the latest attack. While the deaths are tragic, the Secretary of Defense Elizabeth Baxton issued a statement that effectively annexed portions of the neighboring states. The Imperium armed forces have been issued orders to garrison the locales.

This rhetoric is following the continued pressure by the Sudadisian defense department in the continued absence of the President. Now, with two cabinet ministers dead the defence department has seemingly conducted a coup of government. This sudden and rapid move to annex sovereign states is in line with many proposals that have originated from the Secretary of Defence. Many times she has been criticized of being unsuitable for her position due to her lack luster upbringing as street filth. This has led to a small group voicing the possibility that the string of attacks, and certainly the latest attack are truly government orchestrated plots by the defence department to justify the dreams of a poorly educated urchin.

No matter the reasoning, there have been many comments for the Democratic Commonwealth Regional Authority to step in with peacekeeping forces to prevent continued attacks. Alternatively, to contain the flagrantly illegal actions of the Sudardisian Imperium.

Story Update: The national parliament of the Minor Republic of Wildersonland has voted to initiate legal proceedings to be integrated into the Imperium of Sundardes. Further details are limited, however it seems the Imperium is placing undue stress and coercing these states to become one with the Imperium or be forced to. This falls in line with the SoD’s statement of “you’re either with us or against us.”

How will this newly resurgent imperialistic force affect international affairs?

Bob Logan
This is the exact reason the uneducated poor have no place in the executive. They have all the right to voice their concerns and wishes, but at the end of the day only the educated have what it takes to lead nations to success. This is why the Imperium is so weak, they let commoners into the very top, instead of listening and correcting errors.
+12284°-7

Markus002
The poor have more right to lead than the rich! You inherit your wealth, while the worker labors away to provide for his family.
+292°-7823

proletariat2892
[color=#FF0000]This comment has been flagged for offensive and potentially criminal statements[/color]
Exactly! The bourgeoisie will pay for their crimes one day!
+2292°-28823

Market Craters: Nation Missing!
The nation of Blurland has suddenly and abruptly disappeared.

Thomas Bluewell
24 June, 2067 | Special Correspondent

Blurland- This morning the world awoke to a bizarre occurrence. An entire nation's worth of several hundred million people simply vanished. At 12:00am local time there was a sudden and rapid series of financial transactions that effectively cashed out the entire nation, and the citizens seemingly willingly fled to a secret government built city under the sea.

While no other nation has commented yet, the financial markets have been spent into a tailspin across the commonwealth as trillions in assets have suddenly vanished overnight. Pillowlandian banks contacted for this piece all say that while they have lost money they remain solvent and in fact have only tapped the top of their capital cushion in this nightmarish scenario.

In fact, with many buildings and assets left in the nation, many banks have been communicating the sizing of buildings and land in the abandoned nation as a partial restitution for lost funds.

This is an ongoing story.

proletariat2892
This has to be a joke.
+2212°-2

[blocktext]
Markus002
Fact is stranger than fiction
+1029°-1

Admiral Makim Culpor
Siddar City
Minor Republic of Siddar

The actions by the Imperium were crude to say the least. Makim thought as his limo moved past the lines of pilgrims. Under ideal circumstances he would be in the same position, wearing only what he needed to survive and his offering to Lugh. In this case the visit was political and not pious.

The Imperium wished to exert its control over it’s neighbors by force. Of course some would think it was their own choice. Better jobs, investment, protection. All things that would of course come, but it was a deal with the devil. They handed over the keys to the kingdom willingly and without thought.

Here the followers of Lugh were different. Fiercely independent, and fiercely devout. They wouldn’t integrated with a stick over their head, no a much simpler thing would do. They were dependent upon the infrastructure of Pillowland. The jobs, universities, ports. They were after all treated not with the disdain and distaste of filthy foreigners but as brothers. As fellow citizens. Not that foreigners were bad… they were simply… misguided to say the least.

But the Mountain Coalition collectively benefited from their collective symbiotic relation. Pillowlandia offered superior access and lives for the citizens of the small republics, with a collective national ID system and a passport less transit between all. And Pillowlandia recieved men, and funding to further its goals. In fact, they were closer to being one state than different ones. The only real difference was ones prefered flag, they were all Pillowlandian citizens in the end.

And this could be seen in the security of the conference, reflected Makim. He could see the various ethnic groups that made up the Mountain Coalition and the greater Pillowlandian region as a whole. Yet, he also saw the single flag that flew on the flagpole. The single flag patch that adorned their uniforms. It was not the flag of Pillowlandia. No, not even their national flag graced this collective group.

It was the Flag of the Church. The one constant in all of them no matter the era. The Pillowlandian church was mystifying. A terrifying police state apparatus on one hand, the protector and encourager of free and correct thought on the other. It could do no wrong, in the eyes of the Pillowlandians it was the one infallible body. The men who served in it could be fallible from time to time, but they were rare. They were monitored for. At that thought the limo slowed, he had arrived.

Makim exited the vehicle himself, opening the door and stepping out. He had no need for his driver or guard detail to do so for him. He quickly placed his hat squarely on his head and adjusted his cloak for the cold of the mountainous terrain.

“Greetings Prime Minister, I apologize that his Holiness could not attend. Matters of state came up at last minute, that ONI was not aware of the missing nation until the world was has him deeply concerned.”

Prime Minister Mathúin McRae, of Siddar, simply smiled at the approaching admiral and adjusted his own cloak. “He is a busy man, and the matters of state are most pressing. I am glad you had time yourself to come in his Holiness's place. The event slipping past ONI is indeed most concerning. Though, if we missed it we can be certain everyone else did too. I heard that they had extensive uranium deposits that we could... reposses for the Greater Good.” At this he waved forward to the doors of the large complex. “We have been awaiting you to begin. Will you join us for coffee?”

“Certainly Prime Minister.”

DCRA SoD Ailill Mullane
DCRA Army of the Commonwealth Command Sector
Regional Capital

Ailill was not a tall man, in fact that was partly why he had been nicknamed ‘elf’ by his peers well into his youth. What he lacked in height was well on the way to being corrected by his long shock of dark brown hair. His hair was well longer than regulation permitted, but he was on special assignment and thus allowed some leeway. With that, his hair was neatly tucked away in a simple
ponytail hidden by his smartly adjusted cap.

He strode into the chamber with his summer cloak trailing behind him, damp from the tropical rains common to the island which housed the Democratic Commonwealth Regional Authority. In this he was uncommon, for cloaks were not issued to the Army of the Commonwealth, but despite his uniform displaying the insignia of the Regional Army it was decidedly the more fashionable Pillowlandian dress uniform. Cloak and all.

Surrounding him were men wearing the uniform of the regional army, though none of them Pillowlandian. They all were from many diverse nations, some speaking the common tongue here poorly despite their high education. Yet that didn't impede operations, as brisk as they were.

“So, the Imperium has decided to try and force its tentacles further into Elysia? I don't see any good coming from that particular idea. Not with that poor bastard in charge.”

Several faces around the table flickered for a second, disgust almost appearing despite them knowing that the Secretary didn't actually hate lower class people. He just had that…. Pillowlandian attitude to life.

“Indeed, I think it would be a good show of force to deploy DCS Roc to the region and also the first fleet to… promote peace.”

“Yes indeed, dispatch the Roc as soon as she finishes her software updates to Block II and ensure she has a full complement of men and material
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Royal Bananas
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Royal Bananas » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:14 am

26th June, 2067
New Berlin, Government Offices, Presidential Suite

"Prime Minister Gotze"! said Secretary Theresa Fenway. "There was an attack today"! "Well where at"! Said the PM. " "The Museum of Classical Art, a truck full of explosives drove through the doorway and detonated in the main entrance". Said Theresa. "Ok, go and call all police in the area to respond to the situation"! Said PM Gotze. The PM rushes over to the tv set and turns it on to the local news station. "This is David Wallace reporting here today on what seems to be a terrorist attack on the Museum of Classical Art, as you can see here a truck had rammed though the doorway and appears to have expl- OH MY GOD!. Um, a-as you can see th-the front of the building has collasped on to the people below it. I'm sorry but I cant do this any longer, shut the camera off, we need to help them." The screen becomes black and the only thing the PM can see is his reflection

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:08 pm

IC
Neo Gloria, Nacerima, Government Complex, 7:30, 27/06/2067

Tauchert was often described as a conscientious man. Square jawed with blonde hair and blue eyes, he came from a lineage of warriors that had discipline flowing in their blood. Now he looked like a bum, disheveled, with a noticeable stubble growing on his chin. He sat huddled in the corner of his office, taking large swigs of brandy, palming a revolver in his hand. Today was a dark day for the Conservative Party in Nacerima. Their political gambit had backfired spectacularly and now he was about to lose his country to the ferocious appetite of Elizabeth Baxton. Fifteen years he fought with weapon in hand against Violetist terror. Then another fifteen to try and stave off foreign influence. Thirty years of being a Naceriman patriot. Thirty years he had given his life to this country. And now, it was about to sign itself away for nothing but material benefits. He raised the gun to his temple. Perhaps he should just end it all now, and pray that whatever lay beyond was going to be kind enough not to let him see the future of his beloved country.

There was a knock on his door.

“President Tauchert? President Tauchert?” It was his secretary.

“Yes?” He called back in a drunken stupor. “What is it?”

“The Ambassador Cole is here for her seven thirty appointment with you.”

Tauchert rubbed his eye. He struggled to stand up, leaning against his bookshelf. Hastily pocketing the pistol, he threw the empty bottle into the trash can and sat at his desk.

“Yes tell her to come in.” Tauchert shouted.

Ambassador Cole stepped in.

“Good evening, Mr. President.”

“Fuck you I’m not signing anything.”

“That’s not up to you, Mr. President. The referendum passed with flying colors. The people have spoken.”

“Those voters were the young and the gullible. They didn’t know what was good for them.”

“Employment, educational opportunities, a chance to move up the social ladder, aren’t those things you want for your people?”

“Yes but not like this.” He rubbed his forehead. “Tell, me ambassador. If you were in my position, would you sign away your country?”

“What I would do is irrelevant. All that matters is what you do now.”

“Fuck you we were great once. We were kings and shit! Part of a great nation. I never fucking liked our first president. He sold out our sovereignty to you fuckers.”

“Your first President gave your people quality of life, schools, hospitals. He made gave your people life.”

“He made our people into slave! Slaves to your government! He traded our sovereignty for sub par public healthcare.”

“If you don’t sign then Labor will call a vote of no confidence in the Congress and we all know that you’re not too popular even in your own party.”

“If you’re implying that they’ll dissolve the current government then you’re severely mistaken, Ambassador Cole.”

“I beg to differ, your approval rating has been dropping amongst key demographics and your popularity within your party has been dipping too. There are a lot of congressmen thirsty to take your place.”

Tauchert gave an exasperated sigh. “Just answer my question. Would you do it if you were me?”

Cole paused. She thought about the message she received directly from the Standing Committee. “You are to get the go ahead one way or another,” it had said. “Say what you need to.”

“I would do it, if it was for the greater good of my people.” Cole replied. “If it meant that my children will grow up with economic security, go to university, have basic health care, then yes I would do it.”

“Okay then take this.” Tauchert took out a folded piece of paper from his pocket. “Deliver this to Frank Jacobs. He’ll sign the integration paperwork.”

“What is this?” Cole asked, taking the slip of paper.

“My resignation.” Tauchert murmured. “Now go, please.”

“Why not deliver this yourself?”

“I have to be somewhere.” Tauchert leaned back in his chair. He pointed at the door. “Go now, before I change my mind about whoring out my beloved country.”

Cole walked to the door. “Mr. President?” She asked.

“Yes, what now?” Tauchert retorted.

“You’re doing the right thing.”

“Get the fuck out of here.”

Cole left the office. Now the latest piece of land is about to be added to the Sudardesian collection. Just as she was about to board the elevator to the ground floor, she heard a muffled gunshot emanating from the President's office.

“Oh my God.” Cole stopped dead in her tracks. She turned around. By now a herd of staff and security guards had peaked their heads around the corner. One guard moved towards the door, another ran up to Cole.

“Ma’am I’m going to need you to leave now.” He told Cole, herding her towards the elevator.

The other guard kicked down the office door.

“Shit we need a paramedic in here!” He called. “Fuck, is anyone here a doctor?”

Cole peered around the guard still shoving her into the elevator. He hastily hit the ground floor button before stepping out to assist the other guard. However, just as he pulled away, Cole was able to see the President lying on the floor of his office, with a gun in his hand, blood slowly seeping out from under his head.

SIC
Classified Military Base, Punjab, Sudardesian-Brasilstan border, 8:04 PM 27/06/2067

The invasion force was fairly standard. Five hundred thousand men and women, a heavy armor divisions, two light armor divisions, and two airwings with heavy bombers switched out for gunships and additional fighters. It's no state secret that Sudardes had interests in annexing their neighbors Brasilistan and Reginaria, and now they have the causi belli to do so, all while leading a global war on terror and scoring good guy points with the progressives. At this point, the entire operation became an imperative national focus for the executive branch. General of the Armies Patton was leading the invasion force himself in Brasilistan and Reginaria. The desert terrain meant that the armor divisions were in their element. With unrivalled air superiority and legendary armor, driving the terrorists out of Brasilistan and Reginaria was going to be a piece of cake. Guerilla warfare was expected so the SNA was to take no chances. All non Sudardesians in the region will be arrested and then processed at temporary refugee camps. Terrorists were to be killed on the spot. What was a terrorist? That was left up to the soldiers making the call, after all, summarily executing suspects would be buried by the atrocities of the terrorists themselves.

The divisions were to form up into two columns and then attack at two separate points along the Sudardesian border. First, they will drive straight into the heart of Brasilistan, and the other into Reginarai. Then the two columns will reunite and having surrounded the terrorist forces, begin to secure the state at a slow but steady pace. The Secretary of Defense has already green lit the same procedure for the rest of the unwilling in Elysia.

Eastern Bondern
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Bondern » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Embassy of Eastern Bondern

Eastern Bondern has finally been officially recognized as an edafosian nation. We would to announce the newly elected president, Alexander Thorman. We also would like to inform fellow nations of our newly constructed port which is now open to international trade. We have several valuable products such as: Coco, Timber, Iron, and large deposits of coal.
Last edited by Eastern Bondern on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:23 am

Baxton-Gotze Pact

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the Empire of Royal Bananas desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article I. Both High Contracting Parties obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other Powers.

Article II. Should one of the High Contracting Parties become the object of belligerent action by a third Power, the other High Contracting Party shall in no manner lend its support to this third Power.

Article III. The Governments of the two High Contracting Parties shall in the future maintain continual contact with one another for the purpose of consultation in order to exchange information on problems affecting their common interests.

Article IV. The Governments of the two High Contracting Parties shall expect the broad political support of one another in the face of regional political crisis.

Article V. Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

Article VI. The present Treaty is concluded for a period of ten years, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the High Contracting Parties does not advance it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another five years.

Article VII. The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged in New Berlin. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signed,

Elizabeth Baxton, Secretary of Defense of the Imperium of Sudardes

Thomas Gotze, Prime Minister of the Empire of Royal Bananas

29th June 2067

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:03 am

Patton-Jefferson Pact

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the United States of America JB desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article I. Both High Contracting Parties obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other Powers.

Article II. Should one of the High Contracting Parties become the object of belligerent action by a third Power, the other High Contracting Party shall in no manner lend its support to this third Power.

Article III. The Governments of the two High Contracting Parties shall in the future maintain continual contact with one another for the purpose of consultation in order to exchange information on problems affecting their common interests.

Article IV. The Governments of the two High Contracting Parties shall expect the broad political support of one another in the face of regional political crisis.

Article V. Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

Article VI. The present Treaty is concluded for a period of ten years, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the High Contracting Parties does not advance it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another five years.

Article VII. The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged in Lexington. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signed,

Roger Patton, General of the Armies of the Imperium of Sudardes

Kyle Jefferson, President of the United States of America JB

29th June 2067

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:09 am

Maxsim-Anthony Pact

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the Democratic Commonwealth of New Velonia desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article VI: Both High Contracting members shall refrain from signing all but economically binding treaties with the Armed Republic of Pillowlandia both directly or through proxies. This article shall be nullified exclusively upon the confinement of Pillowlandian influence in Ceneasia.

Article VII. The present Treaty is concluded for a period of ten years, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the High Contracting Parties does not advance it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another five years.

Article VIII. The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged in Lexington. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signed,

George Maxsim, Sudardesian Ambassador to New Velonia.

Anthony R. Allen, President of the Democratic Commonwealth of New Velonia.

29th June 2067
Last edited by Sudardes on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 am

Treaty of Shapiron

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and The Government of the Democratice Republic of Kofutan desires the strengthening of mutual good will and extension of Sudardesian safety and security over Kofutan.

Article 1: Both High Contracting Parties obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other Powers.

Article 2: Citizens of the Democratic Republic of Kofutan will automatically gain Sudardesian citizenship and shall receive the privileges of Sudardesian citizenship and be eligible for national Sudardesian welfare, public services, and social security. The Citizens of Kofutan shall retain Kofutani nationality within Sudardes but be regarded as Sudardesian in all future legal documentation regionally. This shall follow the elimination of border controls between the two High Contracting Parties and the signing of this treaty.

Article 3: The Sudardesian Central Government shall invest a sum of money no less than $NS 5 trillion over the next hundred years in the Democratic Republic of Kofutan to improve all aspects of the nation. Most importantly, areas such as education and healthcare shall see Sudardesian investing and building. Infrastructure shall be overhauled under the new plan to unite all Sudardesian Superdistricts with an unitary highway system.

Article 4: Both High Contracting Parties shall remove trade barriers and the Democratic Republic of Kofutan shall be given full access to the Sudardesian single market where the free movement of capital, labor, goods, and freedom to establish and provide services shall not be infringed except under great national peril.

Article 5. The Governments of the two High Contracting Parties shall in the future maintain continual contact with one another for the purpose of consultation in order to exchange information on problems affecting their common interests.

Article 6: The Democratic Republic of Kofutan shall be guaranteed national security from enemies of the state by every branch the Sudardesian National Army provided that they allow the construction of military bases in their territory, with each base housing no less than 5000 men.

Article 7: The Democratic Republic of Kofutan shall henceforth be regarded as a Sudardesian superdistrict given the explicit powers to levy taxes upon the people, trade, business of its territories, and shall be responsible for directing collection of local taxes, of which an amount no lower than 20% is paid directly to the Sudardesian Central Government. The Government of the Democratic Republic of Kofutan also loses its ability to conduct foreign policy without first consulting the Sudardesian Central Government and reaching a mutual agreement. Ultimately decisions made by the government of the Democratic Republic of Kofutan is subject to review by the Sudardesian Central Government and can be repealed by the Sudardesian Central Government if deemed necessary.

Article 8: The Democratic Republic of Kofutan is to limit their armed forces to a number less than 500,000 thousand men, maintain a navy of less than thirty warships, and an air force of no more than five wings of aircraft. Furthermore, the citizens of Kofutan will be eligible for conscription by the Sudardesian National Army for military service in times of great peril.

Article 9: Hence forth the Democratic Republic of Kofutan shall be recognized as part of the Imperium of Sudardes in all relevant legal documentation as a Sudardesian Superdistrict, complete with local government autonomy, whilst maintaining their separation only on maps identifying sovereign states. Citizens of the Democratic Republic of Kofutan shall be regarded as Sudardesian citizens and will be treated as such internationally, but shall maintain Kofutani nationality on a local level.

Article 10. The present Treaty is concluded for a period of a hundred years, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the High Contracting Parties does not advance it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another fifty years.

Signed,

Elizabeth Baxton, Secretary of Defense of the Imperium of Sudardes.

President of Kofutan

29th June 2067

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:08 am

Halmet-Drumpf Pact

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the People's Republic of Crato desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article VI: Both High Contracting members shall refrain from signing all but economically binding treaties with the Armed Nation of Pillowlandia both directly or through proxies. This article shall be nullified exclusively upon the confinement of Pillowlandian influence in Ceneasia.

Article VII. The present Treaty is concluded for a period of ten years, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the High Contracting Parties does not advance it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another five years.

Signed,
Joan Halmet, Sudardesian Ambassador to Crato.

Tondald Drumpf, Misuper Supreme Secretary of Foreign Affairs.

29th June 2067

Gorky-Shahanshah Pact

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the Zoroastrian Shadhoms of Catakastan desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article VI: Both High Contracting members shall refrain from signing all but economically binding treaties with the Armed Nation of Pillowlandia both directly or through proxies. This article shall be nullified exclusively upon the confinement of Pillowlandian influence in Ceneasia.

Article VIII. The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged in Lexington. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signed,

Vladamir Gorky, Sudardesian Ambassador to Catakastan.

Casper I Shahanshah of Catakastan and the Shivan, Prime Minister of Catakastan

29th June 2067

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Russel-Ausbhuen Pact

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the Hibernian Kingdom of Landinium desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article VI: Both High Contracting members shall refrain from signing all but economically binding treaties with the Armed Republic of Pillowlandia both directly or through proxies. This article shall be nullified exclusively upon the confinement of Pillowlandian influence in Ceneasia.

Article VIII. The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged in Dubin. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signed,
Arthur Russel, Vice President of the Imperium of Sudardes.

His Royal Highness King Ausbhuen VI, King of the Irish, Champion of Ulster, Protector of the Landini, Protector the Úi Mhaine, Ruler of an Farraige, Descendant of Lugh, Emperor of Pagalonia
29th June 2067

Patton-Ausbhuen Pact

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the Kingdom of Veluchia desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article VIII. The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged in Nordesaf. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signed,

Roger Patton, General of the Armies of the Imperium of Sudardes

Felix Schröger, President of the Kingdom of Veluchia

29th June 2067
Last edited by Sudardes on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catakastan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Catakastan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

How my Government works (Very Simple)
Catakastan follows a parliamentary democracy with two houses. The Shahanshah's House and The Shivan's House.
The Shahanshah's House
This consists of 50 members chosen by the Shahanshah. These are called Shahs(Shah singular).
Its job is to pass laws , sent by The Shivan's House ,and create laws , to be passed by The Shivan's House.
The speaker is chosen by the Shahanshah.
The Shivan's House
This consists of 50 members (one for every shahdom). These are called Shis (Shi singlular).
These are democratically elected in each Shahdom every 4 years (Unless an election is called by both the Shivan and the Shahanshah).
They make laws ,to send to The Shahanshah's House , and pass laws, from The Shahanshah's house.
The speaker is chosen by the Shahanshah.
The Shahanshah
The Shahanshah is a monarch and is leader of The Shahanshah's house.
He can deny a government and redo an election once in his reign and can call a second if he agrees to abdicate afterwords.
He must agree with the Shivan to call an election.
He choses the speakers of the two houses.
He may not enter the Shivan's house and therefore meets every week in The Shahanshah's Palace to discuss government.
The Shahanshah may not vote and nor can any of the Shahs
The Shivan
The Shivan is the leader of the winning party in an election.
He lives in The Shivan's Palace in the Yazd palace complex ,opposite to The Shahanshah's Palace.
The Shahanshah and Shivan must both sign treaties and laws.
Elections
Elections are held every 4 years unless one is called which skips that one.
The Shahanshah and Shivan must agree whether to call an election.
In the case of an election, each shahdom elects a shi.
The party with the most Shis wins and the leader of the party becomes the Shivan.
The parties can form coalition governments if a majority is not reached (26) if it is split 25-25 the Shahanshah's house votes on the winning party.

That is a basic insight into the politics in my nation. Please notify me of any spelling mistakes and comment what you think of it.

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Treaty of Alexandria
The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the Republic Empire Colony of Artimsia desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Signed,

President of the Republic Empire Colony of Artimsia

30th June 2067

Patton-Macron Pact
The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and the Government of the Democratic People's Republic of United France desires the strengthening of relations of good will and mutual defense.

Article VIII. The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The ratifications shall be exchanged in Paris. The Agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed.

Signed,

Roger Patton, General of the Armies of the Imperium of Sudardes.

Emmanuel Macron, President of The Democratic People's Republic of United France

30th June 2067

Treaty of Galt

The Government of the Imperium of Sudardes and The Government of the Federal Republic of Jean Guy desires the strengthening of mutual good will and extension of Sudardesian safety and security over Jean Guy.

Article 1: Both High Contracting Parties obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other Powers.

Article 2: Citizens of the Federal Republic of Jean Guy will automatically gain Sudardesian citizenship and shall receive the privileges of Sudardesian citizenship and be eligible for national Sudardesian welfare, public services, and social security. The Citizens of Jean Guy shall retain Jean Guyian nationality within Sudardes but be regarded as Sudardesian in all future legal documentation regionally. This shall follow the elimination of border controls between the two High Contracting Parties and the signing of this treaty.

Article 3: The Sudardesian Central Government shall invest a sum of money no less than $NS 5 trillion over the next hundred years in the Federal Republic of Jean Guy to improve all aspects of the nation. Most importantly, areas such as education and healthcare shall see Sudardesian investing and building. Infrastructure shall be overhauled under the new plan to unite all Sudardesian Superdistricts with an unitary highway system.

Article 4: Both High Contracting Parties shall remove trade barriers and the Federal Republic of Jean Guy shall be given full access to the Sudardesian single market where the free movement of capital, labor, goods, and freedom to establish and provide services shall not be infringed except under great national peril.

Article 5. The Governments of the two High Contracting Parties shall in the future maintain continual contact with one another for the purpose of consultation in order to exchange information on problems affecting their common interests.

Article 6: The Federal Republic of Jean Guy shall be guaranteed national security from enemies of the state by every branch the Sudardesian National Army provided that they allow the construction of military bases in their territory, with each base housing no less than 5000 men.

Article 7: The Federal Republic of Jean Guy shall henceforth be regarded as a Sudardesian superdistrict given the explicit powers to levy taxes upon the people, trade, business of its territories, and shall be responsible for directing collection of local taxes, of which an amount no lower than 20% is paid directly to the Sudardesian Central Government. The Government of the Federal Republic of Jean Guy also loses its ability to conduct foreign policy. Ultimately decisions made by the government of the Federal Republic of Jean Guy is subject to review by the Sudardesian Central Government and can be repealed by the Sudardesian Central Government if deemed necessary.

Article 8: The Federal Republic of Jean Guy is to integrate their army entirely with the Sudardesian National Army, which shall maintain garrisons within Jean Guyian cities at all times. Jean Guyian citizens are subject to be drafted in the SNA for mandatory service and are eligible for conscription. In exchange, the Government of the Federal Republic of Jean Guy is granted control over all SNA troops within their nation, although their command may be revoked and returned to the Sudardesian Centrial Government at times dubbed necessary by the Sudardesian Politburo Standing Committee.

Article 9: Hence forth the Federal Republic of Jean Guy shall be recognized as part of the Imperium of Sudardes in all relevant legal documentation as a Sudardesian Superdistrict, complete with local government autonomy, whilst maintaining their separation only on maps identifying sovereign states. Citizens of the Federal Republic of Jean Guy shall be regarded as Sudardesian citizens and will be treated as such internationally, but shall maintain Jean Guyian nationality on a local level.

Article 10. The present Treaty is concluded for a period of a hundred years, with the proviso that, in so far as one of the High Contracting Parties does not advance it one year prior to the expiration of this period, the validity of this Treaty shall automatically be extended for another fifty years.

Signed,

Scipio Elysius, President of the Federal Republic of Jean Guy.

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Ratcheting Tensions
Imperium Ambassador to Pillowlandia declared persona non grata

Markus Reedy

Pillowgrad-Today His Majesty's Office of Ambassadorial Affairs published a decree stating that the entirety of the embassy staff who are citizens of the Imperium have been declared persona non grata with no explanation given. This step was followed moments later by a second decree which declared the Ambassadors from America JB, New Velonia, Kofutan, Crato, Catakastan, Jean Guy, United France, Artimsia and Landinium also declared persona non grata. However, these expulsions were accompanied by a simple notice welcoming back a replacement ambassador who "will not overstep their diplomatic place as these have." (emphasis ours)

Following this, it was leaked that the Pillowlandian embassy staff in Sharperiron had been recalled out of "concerns of security", though in context seem to be connected to this massive diplomatic message. Over all, the move seemed aimed to show the overall mood of the government at recent treaties signed between the Imperium and the aforementioned states. Specifically in reference to the clause in many which block both parties from negotiating any form of non-economic treaty with the Holy Pillowlandian Commonwealth.

Following this move, there have been surfacing rumors that the Pillowlandian delegation to the newly formed Cenaesian League will bring discussion to the table regarding further diplomatic and economic actions in regards to the blatant imperialist moves by the Imperium.

Markus002
Wow, the Johgs are getting petty.
+220°-78

Wolf222
It's a justified response to the crude imperialist dogs.
+82°-12

MilFan11082
Now it's only a matter of time before we go in and crush these dogs in battle.
+24°-32

Mobile Missile
57th Missile Battalion stood up

George Ebenezer
25 June, 2067 | Saratoga

Field Reporter-This morning a covoy of armed trucks passed through the streets towards a golf park which has been closed for several years. The vehicles had pillowlandian markings and at least four of the vehicles were towing missile launchers. This comes on the heels of the formation of the Ceneasian League. The military nature of the alliance is clear here, as the crews are setting up the system here in the greens of the course. The few glimpses we have seen indicated rather powerful long ranged radar being prepared to point in the direction of the Imperium of Sudardes.

After arriving a press statement arrived from the Missile Defense Agency of Pillowlandia, stating that the long defunct 57th Missile Battalion had been stood up to operate a long range high altitude missile defense array to protect against any incoming threats, ranging from strategic bombers and other aircraft to intercontinental ballistic missiles. While not naming any specific threat, the rapid movement to cover the most direct routes from Sudardes and the close range seem to be a mix of detecting and tracking launches quickly while also being capable of tracking aircraft that are flying in Imperium airspace.

The response by the Imperium to the sudden deployment of high level radar and missiles so close remains to be seen.

Markus002
Those scum sure won't take us asserting our rights kindly.
+220°-78

Wolf222
Or needless escalate the situation.
+82°-12

Tom111
Defending the homeland starts with defending Cenaesia.
+2820°-21

Cenaesian League Formed
New Military Alliance dedicated to protection of Cenaesian states and their interests.

Carter Peggy

Whitepoint- The growing tensions worldwide have become quite untenable, both inside the Pillowlandian Commonwealth and beyond. Evidently this sentiment has been shared by many nations of Cenaesia. As a result, there has been secret negotiations which led to the formation of the Cenaesian League. Reports indicate that the Pillowlandians spearheaded the negotiations that resulted in the formation of the alliance.

Based on a common belief of protecting the continent from external threats and aggression alongside pursueing a desire to increase world peace current signatories include:
  • The Holy Pillowlandian Commonwealth
  • The Greater Rhine Nation
  • The New Soviet-Republics
  • Republic of Saratoga
  • Duckzchwhitz
Several other members include the minor states of Coldwater, Sodearmark, and Snakebend. The specifics of the League treaty have yet to be released but the nature of the group is clearly militaristic in nature. Aimed at ensuring the continued projection of power from the nations on the continent and is a clear indicator that the nations collectively wish to exert more influence internationally.

Alongwith the announcement of the Cenaesian League, the Holy Pillowlandian Commonwealth announced a new mutual defense agreement with the Kingdom of Aclary on the following terms:

In understanding of turbulent times and continued international threats to security the Kingdom of Aclary and the Holy Pillowlandian Commonwealth sign this document in understanding of their binding nature to ensure the continued security of both states.

Article I
The kingdom of Aclary and the Holy Pillowlandian commonwealth shall commit to the standardized of communication, ammunition, and all other military or civil standards to allow the capacity for highly interoperable networks and systems to ensure the highest degree of capacity to protect mutual systems and installations from threat, be it digital, biological, radiological or physical. Further, this treaty shall be effective immediately.

Article II
The two parties shall commit to at all times as such this treaty is valid to the consideration of an armed attack upon one party as an armed attack upon the other party and respond in kind. This mutual defense is to ensure the continued protection of the parties from aggressors be it foreign or domestic.

Article III
The two parties shall enter mutual agreements to conduct civil and military research ventures for the betterment of the parties mutually.

Article IV
The Kingdom of Aclary shall receive a subsidized rate upon all major equipment purchases for their armed forces to ensure the continued material integrity of the mutual defense.

Article V
This treaty shall remain valid perpetually unless a signatory party deem it necessary and proper to disengage from the obligations of this agreement. Should this occur, they must notify the other party and it shall cease validity one year following the declaration.

Article VI
The parties of this treaty shall at no time enter into any agreements with the Imperium of Sudardes for their rampant imperialism and their status as obstructionist to world peace.

signed this day 27th of June, 2067
His Majesty's Imperial Representative Marcas Aonghus of Pillowlandia
His Majesty's Representative Haily Macrion of Aclary

This treaty represents a new age in the Pillowlandian Commonwealth, given that largely the government has refrained from formal agreements with other governments. However, recent events in Elysia have seemed to convinced that the era of relative isolation has passed.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Sunken Meaning
Imperial Commonwealth Navy (ICN)
Thomas Jackson

Moscou- The Imperial Commonwealth Navy of Pillowlandia announced this morning, alongside the stream of other large statements, that it intends to add a further 45 capital ships to the fleet over the next five year, compared to its previous goal of 10. While the stated reason was continually increasing demands of the fleet for anti-piracy and other patrols many speculate that it is indeed to continue growth against the Imperium navy, which has recently become a larger factor in military defense planning.

Another factor is the surfacing rumors that the navy will transfer nearly a dozen older capital ships to the Aclary navy as opposed to transferring them to the reserve fleet. The build up would cover the loss of the ships from the fleet and also fuel a build up as the navy also announced plans to stand up at least two new battlegroups. This is in wind of continuing interservice fighting over resources, with the Imperial Pillowlandian Marine Corps seeking additional funding for additional amphibious assault groups. Specifics over what sort of capital ships will be built are unclear, though at least four of them will be fleet carriers given the intent to stand up new battlegroup formations.

This comes after last weeks announcement of next generation SSK and SSN ship competitions slated to be laid down immediately. The navy has previously stated wishes to increase its silent nuclear attack force by nearly half and its DE silent force by twenty-five percent in order to give additional capacity to escort surface formations and for independent patrols.
#ValaranSoFab

Landinium
Attaché

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Landinium » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:06 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drawing room,
the Imperial Palace of the Undying,
Central Dublin,
Landinium

Here he was, the supposed descendant of Lugh, slumped on one of the thrones he had installed in every room in the palace. His greying head, blotchy and wrinkled from the combination of high blood pressure and the onset of old age, was pressing down on the palms of his withered hands. His breathing heavy, his body shaking with uncontrollable rage, King Aushbhuen VI was having one of his insecurity-driven tantrums. The news of the Pillowlandian expulsion of Landini diplomats had not greeted him well, just as the servile courtiers had expected. Of course, those very same courtiers had not been as stupid as to break the news directly to the King, instead, they tracked down his far more reasonable daughter and heir apparent-Princess Aoibha, and asked her to do the deed. Princess Aoibha had been the go-between for the outside world and her depraved father for much of her life. The courtiers had long since realized that Ausbhuen was infatuated with his "little girl" and would attempt to hide any irrational outbursts around her.

This of course, did not stop the King from berating his ministers for this "international embarrassment" in private. The Ministers would, of course, follow the usual process of events whenever incidents like this happened. First, came the rapid and numerous apologies and acceptances of blame, next would be the offer to resign and the King's subsequent rejection, then, only then, would the process of trying to fix the problem would begin. Naturally, the Ministers were not to blame at all, for it was them and their experiences, whom the King overruled in signing the treaty with Sudardes, but alas the truth had long since lost relevance in Ausbhuen's Landinium. Few truly understood the depravity of the man, or the man himself. Of course, foreign diplomats had received their briefings regarding the King's psychopathy and alleged callousness, but few diplomats were ever on the receiving end of said wickedness. The story was radically different with the Landini population. A person who traveled from one end of the land to the next, would have a hard time finding a family who hadn't been graced by the death squads of Ausbhuen's Gardaí Rúnda, the wildly cruel secret police, who weeded out "non-conformers" and "third parties". Peculiarly,
the youth of the nation looked up to the aging Ausbhuen with the adoration which their fathers never received, perhaps a testament to the comprehensive propaganda fed to the youth from birth. The older citizens however, true to their conservative stereotypes, were decidedly more suspicious of Ausbhuen's regime. They of course had seen the revolution, the civil war and Ausbhuen's far more benevolent predecessors.
Despite this suspicion, it was rarely voiced to their family, for fear of being reported by their own.

"He tricked me, the bastard...he tricked me" the King whispered, seemingly to his hands. Suddenly, his head snapped up, and he fixed his demented stare on his MInister of Foreign Affairs, Seac Ó Mhúrchú, who quickly averted his eyes. "I am a King, I am YOUR King, don't you know that?" the King screamed in a characteristically callous voice, "fix this, fix it quick or I'll string you and your wife up on the Palace Gates". Seac grew red, his chubby frame shook slightly, a bulge rose in his throat and his frail voice had suddenly failed him. Minutes passed until Seac could regain the strength to speak: "Your Majesty, I beg leave of Your Grace to take retaliatory action upon the Pillowlandian dogs". The King's voice was now dangerously low, a bad sign: "what...action", "Your Majesty, I humbly suggest we issue a trade embargo, nationalize the scoundrel's assets and provide all Pillowlandian citizens no more than twelve hours to leave the land", the sycophant replied...
Last edited by Landinium on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Catakastan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

The Catak Elections

Postby Catakastan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:50 am

Today,is the day of the Catak election. Millions will be visiting voting booths across the country to cast their vote. We suspect a Lions majority but we shall wait and see. Votes shall start to be counted tonight and shall be finished at approximately 8:00 am BST tomorrow.

Landinium
Attaché

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Landinium » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:31 am

Knock International Airport,
Knock,
Laois,
Landinium

It had been approximately five hours since Shimon and Marguerite Thompson had received a strongly worded letter through the postbox of their small cottage home on the outskirts of Athlone. Marguerite knew instantly that they there was trouble, once she had calmed her hands enough to open the official government document. The geriatric couple of Pillowlandian origin had moved with surprising speed and agility throwing all valuables roughshod into their suitcases. Shimon was silently perplexed, while Marguerite was positively distraught. The prospect of having to leave their home within a few hours because of something they had nothing to do with appeared to be too much for Marguerite, who broke down repeatedly packing her clothes. The Thompsons hated to leave, Landinium was their home for thirty years after all, but the alternative was much worse. They too had seen the brutality of the Gardaí Rúnda and were eager to avoid the attention of the authorities.
They arrived to Knock Airport on the i40 bus westward, with Shimon hastily checking his watch every twenty minutes. Both shuffled nervously into the departure hall, passports in hand and eyes fixed to the floor.

They of course were not alone. Over fourty thousand Pillowlandian nationals were by now making hasty arrangements to leave Landinium by whatever means possible. The letter which provided them twelve hours to leave the nation had not made it explicitly clear what would happen to those nationals who did not, but it didn't take much imagination to presume the penalty. The dramatic overreaction by the Crown was to be expected, given the current monarch.

The Thompsons reached the desk after a long wait. They were greeted by a smiling checkout girl in a flamboyantly red polka dot dress that had been the uniform of Aer Lingus for decades. The woman casually took their details in a flippant, almost cheery manner. This friendly approach was not as a result of some innate skill or love of humanity, no, this was the result of intensive hostess training all the employees had received in their first months at Aer Lingus. The company had invested heavily in presenting their trademark chirpiness to all customers. At last, with the tickets printed, and the money exchanged, the hostess requested the couples passports. Marguerite, hands dripping with nervous sweat, handed over both hers and Shimon's. As if a light had been switched off, the woman's face dropped, her eyes were now suddenly stern, her friendly visage wiped, to be replaced with a look of deep distrust. "Pillowlandian, eh?" she said gruffly, "we at Aer Lingus cannot be of service to any PIlllowlandian nationals, you're going to have to find another way to the border". This was all too much for Marguerite,
who broke down into uncontrollable sobs, at the prospect of being unable to evacuate Landinium in time. She looked back at the hostess, who had already wiped the encounter from her memory and had plastered her face in the usual bright smile.

In airports all across Landinium, the story was the same, Pillowlandian nationals were not to be served under any circumstances. Had any of the nationals gone to the port, they would have been given the same treatment. Now, Pillowlandian nationals packed onto buses and trains to get to either the Duckzchwhitzian or Saratogan border as soon as possible. Those who had not been as lucky would be loaded onto government cattle-carts and driven to the border by stern government officials, on the order of the Crown.

Sudardes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudardes » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:04 pm

17th March, 2043, Neu Tokyo, former city state now Shapiron, Sudardes, Derelict slum

All Baxton could think of was running. Running far and running fast. Running away from the man with alcohol on his breath pursuing her. Running away from life in the slums, stealing food to get by, running away from seeing everyone she ever cared about become consumed by senseless acts violence. She would run and never sell her body the same way her mother did when she was Baxton’s age.

The thick blackened clouds loomed overhead, dragged down by the heavy rain which it held within its delicate frame, contrasting the bright, towering, skyscrapers in the distance. She ran past the cold and starving lying in front of improvised shacks. Some tried to grab for her ankles but she always shook free. Baxton rounded a corner, praying under her breath that the man didn’t see her duck into the alleyway. Maybe he was just too drunk to figure out where she went even if he did, or maybe he’d just lose interest Baxton told herself.

She looked around to see where she was. Any potential escape route or hiding place would be greatly appreciated. Instead she found a dead end, a chain link fence six feet high topped with barbed wiring. Beyond it, a construction site. She was sure to lose him in there. By now, large drops of rain began to drip from the low hanging clouds. Baxton spun her head around, looking for anything to that could help her traverse the fence. But the only thing in the alleyway was a large, waist high, topless dumpster, filled to the brim with discarded bricks and large slabs of concrete. The tiny specs of rain grew to torrents within minutes, as Baxton tried to heave the dumpster towards the fence. But weak and hungry, she wasn’t able to move it more than a few inches before the unforgettable drunken cat calling began again.

“There you are.” The man wiped his stubbly face with his sleeve. He wore clothes that were once high end, but with enough dirt and wear, anything can look like rags. It was an odd collage of improvised patchwork, clinging tight to parts where it should hang loosely, whilst hanging loose from parts where it should cling tight. The large frame of his body didn’t help either. His hair was a disheveled mess, hanging in clumps like a dirty mop stuck on top of an oversized broom handle. He was easily a foot taller than Baxton.

She stumbled backwards into the fence. Flashbacks from just a year before began playing through her head.

“No, please!” She tried to beg but too late. A pair of rough hands found their way around Baxton’s neck, and felt herself being hoisted off the ground. She struggled against the man, kicking and screaming, pounding against his arms and swinging her arms at his face. The raindrops splattered in her face, masking the tears rolling down her cheeks. The man held her in the air with both hands and moved towards the dumpster. Suddenly, Baxton was forcefully thrown onto the pile of rubble. She felt the impact knock the air out of her chest.

“You wait here now, and stop squirming like a fucking fish!” The man let go of her neck.

Struggling to breathe, Baxton heard the unmistakable sound of someone undoing a zipper. She looked up terrified, right into the cold, dead eyes of the man standing over her. Her hands fluttered around, reaching for whatever object was within her grasp. In a single action, the man kicked Baxton’s legs apart and stuck his hand out to tear away the denim that kept him away from his pleasure.
Wham.

The brick slammed into the man’s right temple. He let out a pained yelp and stumbled backwards, tripping over. Baxton forced herself off the dumpster and walked to the man rolling on the floor, clutching his head.

She looked from the bloodied brick in her hand, to the man on the ground, then to the brick again. Baxton hadn't a moment to lose. He could get at any moment and resume his assault. She squat over the man’s chest. A pool of red oozed from his head, getting carried away by the river of water into the storm drain. Baxton raised the brick over her head and slammed it into the man’s skull. She brought it down again and again into the man’s face, first until he stopped moving, and then until all that was left was a bloody pulp where what used to be a man remained.

The brick fell out of Baxtons hands. She wept. She wept not because she had just killed a man at fifteen, or that she had narrowly avoided a drunken rapist. She wept because her faith in the goodness of humanity had been washed away like her tears in the rain. The world was a chaotic place full of meaningless suffering, and there was nothing she could do to change that.

9:25 AM, 29th June, 2067, Shapiron, Sudardes, Cabinet Meeting Room

Brilliant sunlight poured into the glass box where the remaining members of the Sudardesian Politburo Standing Committee sat sweating. The only sound was the awkward fidgeting of all the Standing Committee members, clicking pens, drumming fingers, all waiting for the time to pass until Secretary of Defense Baxton greeted the Committee. All eyes were on the guards posted in each corner of the room, each man wondering if they were going to be shot today. They had gathered to hear Baxton’s verdict in regards to the poor Pillowlandian decision to declare Sudardesian diplomats persona non grata. Within a few days, there were only six members of the committee left. Two were killed in their first meeting with Baxton, and another three were simply disappeared with their families, something Baxton had been quick to pin on Violetists in Brasilistan and Reginaria. She wasn’t kidding about her manifest destiny talk either. Within a week, two minor powers and two major power had integrated themselves as Sudardesian Super Districts, spanning a quarter of Elysia. Of course, this hasn’t even included the invasion of Reginaria and Brasilistan, which would extend the Imperium over half the continent. Luckily, the series of international terror incidents at the hands of extremists allowed the community to turn a blind eye to the imperial conquests of Sudardes, all except for a certain Ceneasian state.

In an alternate world, the Armed Republic and the Imperium could have joined hands and stood side by side to fight off nations like New Velonia and the Confedracy. But in this world, the interests of both parties clashed. Competing spheres of influence and foreign intervention vexed the Sudardesian Central Government. The combined powers of Pillowlandia, The Greater Rhine Nation, and Duckzschwhitz posed a threat even to the intricate alliance Sudardes had formed with a dozen nations. The expansion of the Ceneasian league must be contained.

The elevator doors slid open.

Everyone in the room tensed up. There was no need for Baxton to demand respect whenever she entered a room. She merely commanded it with her very presence. The look of fury in her eyes when she sat down at the head of the mahogany table ushered in a deafening silence. She hunched over the table, rubbing her mouth with her hand, like a parent contemplating how to discipline a misbehaving child.

“Madam Secretary if I may congratulate you on the success of the integration of the minor states…” The Minister of Agriculture tried to speak but Baxton raised a finger.

“If I want to have my ass kissed, Minister,” Baxton clasped her hands together. “I’d go to the office of the President of Jean Guy.”

She looked around the room.

“Now, do any of you gentlemen have any suggestions for what we ought to do in a scenario like this?”

Someone raised a hand tentatively from the far end of the table.

“Yes?”

“Uh, I think I have an idea about what should happen.” Man man wearing a blue tie and sporting a boyish combover said.

“Sorry, I’m not sure I know who you are.” Baxton smiled sheepishly.

“I’m the Secretary of Education, Bob Mansfield.” The man said. “We, uh, don’t work together often.”

“My apologies Mr. Mansfield,” said Baxton. “Now why don’t you share what your idea is with the Committee?”

12:43 PM, 29th June, 2067, Shapiron, Oustide the Pillowlandian Embassy

On most nice days, it would be around this time that some of the employees at the Pillowlandian Embassy chose to go out and get lunch at the deli across the street. But today, they were carrying cardboard boxes to large vans parked outside the walls of the compound. That was where the press conference was to be held.

The large trucks of over two dozen local and international media outlets surrounded the raised podium adorn with the Sudardesian seal. Around them, a sea of onlookers, eager to hear from their government about the recent political debacle over two thousand miles away in Pillowlandia. The public address by Secretary of Defense of the Imperium of Sudardes Elizabeth Baxton was scheduled to begin in two minutes.

The unmistakeable black armored sedans of Sudardesian Government rolled into view of the embassy. A hushed muttering spread through the crowd, anticipating the reaction from the Pillowlandian government in the next few hours. A war between the two countries seemed almost inevitable at this point, and the public was thirsty for blood.

Baxton stepped out of the car dressed in full military officer's attire, with her medals pinned handsomely over her heart, complete with a peaked hat bearing the insignia of the Sudardesian National Marine Corp. Scattered applause sounded as she took to the stage. Was this going to be a declaration of war?

The clapping slowly faded away. The Secretary of Defense looked at the cameras and the crowd of citizens before her. She tapped the microphone protruding from the stand. Two loud taps sounded out of the speakers placed at either side of the stage.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we last met in an hour of shock and suffering. In four short days, our nation has comforted the victims, begun to rebuild Shapiron, rallied a great coalition, captured, arrested and rid the world of hundreds of terrorists. Our nation will continue to be steadfast, and patient and persistent in the pursuit of two great objectives. First, we will shut down terrorist camps, disrupt terrorist plans and bring terrorists to justice wherever they are.

And second, we must prevent the regime of the Armed Republic of Pillowlandia from encroaching upon the interests of a peaceful and stable world.

The political personality of Pillowlandian power as we know it today is the product of ideology and circumstances: ideology inherited by the present Pillowlandian leaders from the genealogy in which they had their political origin, and circumstances of the power which they now have exercised for nearly six decades in Pillowlandia. There can be few tasks of psychological analysis more difficult than to try to trace the interaction of these two forces and the relative role of each in the determination of official Pillowlandian conduct. yet the attempt must be made if that conduct is to be understood and effectively countered.

This brings us to the first of the concepts important to contemporary Pillowlandian outlook. That is the infallibility of the Johgs. The Pillowlandian concept of power, which permits no focal points of organization outside the Johg’s themselves, requires that the state remain the sole repository of truth. For if truth were to be found elsewhere, there would be justification for its expression in organized activity. But it is precisely that which the Armed Republic of Pillowlandia cannot and will not permit.

The principle of infallibility there rests the iron discipline of the Johgs. In fact, the two concepts are mutually self-supporting. Perfect discipline requires recognition of infallibility. Infallibility requires the observance of discipline. And the two go far to determine the behaviorism of the entire Pillowlandiant apparatus of power. But their effect cannot be understood unless a third factor be taken into account: namely, the fact that the leadership is at liberty to put forward for tactical purposes any particular thesis which it finds useful to the cause at any particular moment and to require the faithful and unquestioning acceptance of that thesis by the members of the movement as a whole. This means that truth is not a constant but is actually created, for all intents and purposes, by the Pillowlandian leaders themselves. It may vary from week to week, from month to month. It is nothing absolute and immutable -- nothing which flows from objective reality. It is only the most recent manifestation of the wisdom of those in whom the ultimate wisdom is supposed to reside, because they represent the logic of history. The accumulative effect of these factors is to give to the whole subordinate apparatus of Pillowlandian power an unshakable stubbornness and steadfastness in its orientation. This orientation can be changed at will by the Johg’s but by no other power. Once a given party line has been laid down on a given issue of current policy, the whole Pillowlandian governmental machine, including the mechanism of diplomacy, moves inexorably along the prescribed path, like a persistent toy automobile wound up and headed in a given direction, stopping only when it meets with some unanswerable force.

The individuals who are the components of this machine are unamenable to argument or reason, which comes to them from outside sources. Their whole training has taught them to mistrust and discount the glib persuasiveness of the outside world. Like the dog before the speaker, they hear only the "master's voice." And if they are to be called off from the purposes last dictated to them, it is the master who must call them off. Thus the foreign representative cannot hope that his words will make any impression on them. The most that he can hope is that they will be transmitted to those at the top, who are capable of changing the party line. But even those are not likely to be swayed by any normal logic in the words of the plebeian representative. Since there can be no appeal to common purposes, there can be no appeal to common mental approaches. For this reason, facts speak louder than words to the ears of the Johgs; and words carry the greatest weight when they have the ring of reflecting, or being backed up by, facts of unchallengeable validity.

But we have seen that the Pillowlandian political machine is under no ideological compulsion to accomplish its purposes in a hurry. Like the Church, it is dealing in ideological concepts which are of long-term validity, and it can afford to be patient. It has no right to risk the existing achievements of the years of civil war for the sake of vain baubles of the future. The very teachings of the first Johg’s himself require great caution and flexibility in the pursuit of Pillowlandian purposes. Thus the Armed Republic of Pillowlandia has no compunction about retreating in the face of superior forces. And being under the compulsion of no timetable, it does not get panicky under the necessity for such retreat. Its political action is a fluid stream which moves constantly, wherever it is permitted to move, toward a given goal. Its main concern is to make sure that it has filled every nook and cranny available to it in the basin of world power. But if it finds unassailable barriers in its path, it accepts these philosophically and accommodates itself to them. The main thing is that there should always be pressure, unceasing constant pressure, toward the desired goal. There is no trace of any feeling in Pillowlandian psychology that that goal must be reached at any given time.

It is clear that the Imperium of Sudardes cannot expect in the foreseeable future to enjoy political intimacy with the Pillowlandian regime. It must continue to regard the The Armed Republic as a rival, not a partner, in the political arena. It must continue to expect that Pillowlandian policies will reflect no abstract love of peace and stability, no real faith in the possibility of a permanent happy coexistence of the both worlds, but rather a cautious, persistent pressure toward the disruption and, weakening of all rival influence and rival power. This would of itself warrant the Imperium entering with reasonable confidence upon a policy of firm containment, designed to confront the Pillowlandians with unalterable counter-force at every point where they show signs of encroaching upon the interests of a peaceful and stable world.

Catakastan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Catakastan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 pm

The Exit poll for the Catak Election is in :
30 Lions
12 D-R
5 LPP
2 G-S
1 Catak socialist

Voting shall be counted from now

Leaders of each party
List of Shahdoms / Expected party
Afabala Lions /
Kusamli Lions /
Kayaçören Lions /
Fararoud Lions /
Varalmas D-R /
Al Fallunbar Lions /
Disusuf Lions /
Caisiya Lions /
Tanoreg D-R /
Zirbah C-S /
Qardarran Lions /
Zailiyah LPP /
Sebiveli Lions /
Nurhakent Lions /
Khoravand D-R /
Abyashahr Lions /
Bawr G-S /
Abu Tinuris Lions /
Abu Hummam Lions /
Dahakkah Lions /
Uyabigh LPP /
Lawdarhinah D-R /
Ar-Rahiran Lions /
Rabimsiyah Lions /
Jablemal Lions /
Bulalkan Lions /
Daranshah Lions /
Khorrarveh LPP /
Tel Kadhiruk D-R /
Nousiya Lions /
Banilwan Lions /
Al Olayyil D-R /
Ar Rarma Lions /
Al-Mahasrakh D-R /
Arrabous Lions /
Banisayr Lions
Abarveh D-R /
Falluruk D-R /
Tel Hadiyah Lions /
Mansourm Lions /
El Kanamrah D-R /
Al Baqrah D-R /
Dubadair G-S /
Yazd North LPP /
Yazd South Lions /
Yazd East Lions /
Yazd West LPP /
Yazd Central Lions /
Ctesiphon North D-R /
ctesiphon South Lions /
Last edited by Catakastan on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:12 am, edited 7 times in total.

Catakastan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Catak Election Results

Postby Catakastan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 am

The first few results are in :
Al Fallunbar Votes Lions
Abyashahr Votes Lions
Bawr Votes D-R
Uyabigh Votes LPP
Rabimsiyah Votes Lions

Catakastan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Catakastan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:50 am

More results (edited continously)
Yazd North LPP
Ctesiphon south Lions
Abarveh D-R
Mansourm Lions
Tel Hadiyah Lions
Jablemal Lions
Bulalkan Lions
Daranshah Lions
Disusuf Lions
Caisiya Lions
Tanoreg G-S
Nurhakent Lions
Lawdarhinah D-R
Zirbah C-S
Afabala Lions
Kusamli Lions
Kayaçören Lions
Fararoud Lions
Varalmas D-R
Qardarran Lions
Zailiyah LPP
Sebiveli Lions
Abu Tinuris Lions
Abu Hummam Lions
Dahakkah Lions
Khorrarveh LPP
Tel Kadhiruk D-R
Nousiya Lions
Banilwan Lions
Al Olayyil Lions
Ar Rarma Lions
Al-Mahasrakh Lions
Arrabous Lions
Yazd West LPP
Yazd South D-P
Khoravand D-R
Ar-Rahiran Lions
Banisayr LPP
Falluruk Lions
El Kanamrah D-R
Al Baqrah Lions
Dubadair D-R
Yazd East Lions
Yazd Central C-S
Ctesiphon North D-R
Last edited by Catakastan on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Catakastan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Catak Election Results

Postby Catakastan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:29 am

Total results :
Lions : 31
D-R : 10
LPP : 6
G-S : 1
C-S : 2

The next Shivan is Ender Ruslan
The next speaker is Hassan Mataracı (As Selected by the Shahanshah)
All hail the Shahanshah
Last edited by Catakastan on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catakastan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Catakastan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:00 am

Map of Catakastan
Capital - Yazd

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents