NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VII

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Neo Balka wrote:"what about the west?" "Fuck everything west of Bismarck."

I cut the line at Fargo, personally.

Seangoli
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Hittanryan wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:fucking unbelieable that we have had so many threads about our POTUS

I mean the man is an epic fuckup. He's so dense that light bends around him. Every day it's something new.

For instance, his tweet yesterday:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... gr%5Etweet

Yet he claimed not long ago that the Russians didn't meddle in the election, and is adamant that it had nothing to do with his win.

The cognitive dissonance is truly breath taking.
Last edited by Seangoli on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:01 pm

They had a news story today on that Carrier Air Conditioning manufacturing plant that earlier this year the Pres. visited. Seems they will be firing 600 Union workers, many if not most who voted for the Pres..

Story - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/carrier-wor ... heir-jobs/
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Seangoli
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Rio Cana wrote:They had a news story today on that Carrier Air Conditioning manufacturing plant that earlier this year the Pres. visited. Seems they will be firing 600 Union workers, many if not most who voted for the Pres..

You mean to tell me he lied his ass off to the people who supported him to get their vote with no intention of actually helping them?

Shocked, appalled I say.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Neo Balka wrote:"what about the west?" "Fuck everything west of Bismarck."

The West is rising. :clap: The highest skyscrapper West of the Mississippi was just opened in LA. Its owned by Korea Air. If you think about it the Asian powerhouses have these modern cities with many skyscrappers which is not really seen in a big way in the US western Pacific States. The city of SF being the closest thing. This could be the start of a big economic boom on this side of the Pacific.

Story from 10 hours ago - http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-w ... story.html
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Rio Cana wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

The West is rising. :clap: The highest skyscrapper West of the Mississippi was just opened in LA. Its owned by Korea Air. If you think about it the Asian powerhouses have these modern cities with many skyscrappers which is not really seen in a big way in the US western Pacific States. The city of SF being the closest thing. This could be the start of a big economic boom on this side of the Pacific.

Story from 10 hours ago - http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-w ... story.html

The West Coast is already in the middle of a yuge economic boom, though, right?
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Seangoli
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:27 pm

Rio Cana wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

Well, you still have to accound for most of North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Utah, and ... *sigh*... Wyoming.
Last edited by Seangoli on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:I mean the man is an epic fuckup. He's so dense that light bends around him. Every day it's something new.

Yet he claimed not long ago that the Russians didn't meddle in the election, and is adamant that it had nothing to do with his win.

Alzheimer's.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

Alzheimer's.

It's just the sheer power of cognative dissonance. His supporters will find some way to explain the complete disconnect between the statements and keep on rolling

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Rio Cana wrote:They had a news story today on that Carrier Air Conditioning manufacturing plant that earlier this year the Pres. visited. Seems they will be firing 600 Union workers, many if not most who voted for the Pres..

You mean to tell me he lied his ass off to the people who supported him to get their vote with no intention of actually helping them?

Shocked, appalled I say.

They'll reflexively blame Hillary to deny they played themselves.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Seangoli
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

Shocked, appalled I say.

They'll reflexively blame Hillary to deny they played themselves.

What they've been saying from what I've seen is that Carrier lied to Trump.

Which isn't true, given that Spicer is upfront that these layoffs were part of the plan, and they stated back when the deal was made that part of it was that lay-offs were going to happen.

So really, Trump lied to them but that doesn't make sense at all to them. So they just flat-out put their blinders up to the fact that Trump lied his ass off.
Last edited by Seangoli on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athrax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Gauthier wrote:They'll reflexively blame Hillary to deny they played themselves.

Which isn't true, given that Spicer is upfront that these layoffs were part of the plan, and they stated back when the deal was made that part of it was that lay-offs were going to happen.

So really, Trump lied to them but that doesn't make sense at all to them.

Even if they stick with that mindset (and I have no particular problem with them being pissed at the company screwing them), how long can they keep going like that before at least thinking that Trump is completely incapable of stopping such closures. I can see this as a "fool me once" situation, but eventually as these kinds of closures keep happening people will have to at least conclude that Trump is overstating his abilities

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Athrax wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

Even if they stick with that mindset (and I have no particular problem with them being pissed at the company screwing them), how long can they keep going like that before at least thinking that Trump is completely incapable of stopping such closures. I can see this as a "fool me once" situation, but eventually as these kinds of closures keep happening people will have to at least conclude that Trump is overstating his abilities

I have to imagine there are people who do realize they've been conned, but instead of admitting to that, they just keep quiet.

Athrax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Athrax wrote:

I have to imagine there are people who do realize they've been conned, but instead of admitting to that, they just keep quiet.

I can't disagree with that, I just wonder how it will affect voting patterns and possibly affect his base's nature

Seangoli
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Athrax wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

Oh, certainly. This is most certainly on the first round of lay-offs that will happen. The fundamental truth of the matter is that regulations and trade agreements are not what is actually causing jobs to go away to any significant degree. A huge part of it is automation, coupled with the staggering manufacturing boom that China and other east Asian companies went through between 2000-present, and there just is less and less of a place for profitability with these sorts of Labor jobs. The cost of living in the US is too damn high.

The only way these sorts of jobs would come back is if we allowed companies to pay a fraction of what they pay now for labor wages. This is the problem: The people working in these jobs want well paying relatively low-skill labor jobs with strong wages and benefits. No level of protectionism is going to give them that in the Modern world, and ultimately this would be a massive drag on the economy to do so. They feel insulted when you tell them this, but it simply doesn't change the reality of the situation. Either we allow sweatshops to exist, which is not what these people want from the jobs, or people need to understand that the world fucking changes. It's like decrying the loss of Blacksmithing or Tanners or Fletchers.

The democrats, to some degree, at least acknowledged this by pushing for funding to train individuals in new areas. The Republicans, in general, don't give a shit. And Trump flat out either doesn't understand this, or straight-up lied through his teeth.
Last edited by Seangoli on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Athrax wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

I can't disagree with that, I just wonder how it will affect voting patterns and possibly affect his base's nature

They'll still vote Republican. Herd mentality.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
I can't speak for Gillibrand because I really don't know anything and haven't asked anyone but most of the reactions I've seen about Booker pretty much boil down to "eww".

While there might be some younger people in the party who are likable you do have admit most of the names that people (especially people who aren't big into politics) like seem to be 60+ with a few exceptions.

To be fair, though, I had no idea who O'Malley, Sanders, and half of the GOP field was coming in. It's likely some newer talent will find their way out of the woods.

Also, the reaction to Booker is mostly due to his recent healthcare shenanigans, but before that, most people agree he gave a really fantastic speech at the DNC and seemed likeable.

I knew who O'Malley was before he ran that's why I supported him in the beginning
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Athrax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Athrax wrote:

Oh, certainly. This is most certainly on the first round of lay-offs that will happen. The fundamental truth of the matter is that regulations and trade agreements are not what is actually causing jobs to go away to any significant degree. A huge part of it is automation, coupled with the staggering manufacturing boom that China and other east Asian companies went through between 2000-present, and there just is less and less of a place for profitability with these sorts of Labor jobs. The cost of living in the US is too damn high.

The only way these sorts of jobs would come back is if we allowed companies to pay a fraction of what they pay now for labor wages. This is the problem: The people working in these jobs want well paying relatively low-skill labor jobs with strong wages and benefits. No level of protectionism is going to give them that in the Modern world, and ultimately this would be a massive drag on the economy to do so. They feel insulted when you tell them this, but it simply doesn't change the reality of the situation. Either we allow sweatshops to exist, which is not what these people want from the jobs, or people need to understand that the world fucking changes. It's like decrying the loss of Blacksmithing or Tanners or Fletchers.

The democrats, to some degree, at least acknowledged this by pushing for funding to train individuals in new areas. The Republicans, in general, don't give a shit. And Trump flat out either doesn't understand this, or straight-up lied through his teeth.

I agree, and while I think the Democrats have the right idea in general, I think a big part of the problem is that we don't yet know what the vision of the 'new economy' will look like. It's hard to set sail for a new future when you don't actually know what will be there. And ultimately I think people prefer the comfortable illusions of the past than the uncertainty the future holds.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
To be fair, though, I had no idea who O'Malley, Sanders, and half of the GOP field was coming in. It's likely some newer talent will find their way out of the woods.

Also, the reaction to Booker is mostly due to his recent healthcare shenanigans, but before that, most people agree he gave a really fantastic speech at the DNC and seemed likeable.

I knew who O'Malley was before he ran that's why I supported him in the beginning

Dammit, this is my anecdote! :P

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:06 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. One part of me doesn't want any government recognition of religion and another part thinks that a dinner for each religion ain't that bad
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Athrax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this. One part of me doesn't want any government recognition of religion and another part thinks that a dinner for each religion ain't that bad

On the other other hand, do you really want to see Trump try to celebrate Ramadan? I feel like this might actually be the best solution for everyone

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Athrax wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I have mixed feelings about this. One part of me doesn't want any government recognition of religion and another part thinks that a dinner for each religion ain't that bad

On the other other hand, do you really want to see Trump try to celebrate Ramadan? I feel like this might actually be the best solution for everyone

I'd love to see him fail
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

Dirty Muslims mindset and a FUCKOBAMA in a single package really.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
I can't speak for Gillibrand because I really don't know anything and haven't asked anyone but most of the reactions I've seen about Booker pretty much boil down to "eww".

While there might be some younger people in the party who are likable you do have admit most of the names that people (especially people who aren't big into politics) like seem to be 60+ with a few exceptions.

I knew almost all of them. :p
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General