NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Rite of Conquest (Concluded) [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Gotta get knighted by a knight or septon though, thats one of the things to becoming a knight

Of becoming a Westerosi Knight. Also, if she were to somehow obtain her brother's backing or somehow acquired one of her sibling's dragons... saying no to knighting her becomes much harder for a septon or a knight.

Don't know how Val will feel about hijacking a dragon, but we'll see

Also, may want to edit the bit in her bio about being the fourth child since it seems Val's oc, Aenar is a bit older than thou
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Reserve the Triarch (not yet for Life :p ) Horonno please and Volantis/New Valyria.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

South Mauristan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Mauristan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:35 pm

reserve Mern Gardener and house Gardener. Thanks
Last edited by South Mauristan on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 am

Tag
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:02 am

App:
Name: King Torrhen Stark
House: Stark
Titles: King in the North
House Seat: Winterfell
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: (Eg. Bolton's to Starks, Starks to Targaryens) House Stark of the North
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality:Torrhen Stark is a man of principle, patience, caution and intelligence. He's also known for holding honor and his duty to the north and his family above everything
Skills:
Expert Swordsmen
Expert Commander
Poor Administrator
Fair Diplomat
Weaponry (If any): Ice
Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.):45,000 men
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Born in Winterfell Torrhen was raised to the next King of the North, He was molded to be a man who feared and obeyed the gods and held Duty, Honor and Loyalty above all.

Yet his father broke all the values and ideals he had thought the young boy. He had a bastard with another women and even worse brought the boy home. Torrhen was far too young to understand it then but as he grew he began to learn what his father had done. The bastard Brandon was looked at differently but most except Torrhen who saw him simply as his younger brother.

During his twenties his father's wrongs came back to bite the young heir. House Manderly had given King Robb a wife but he'd wronged her and now they asked that his heir marry a Manderly girl, A girl he'd met in the past only twice. His father agreed to which Torrhen hated but after his father's death he began to fall for his wife. Unfortunately she died after giving birth to their second daughter Dacey, A death he still mourns nearly 10 years later.

RP Example: Game of Thrones
Notes: House Stark, Robert Stark(23, Son), Brandon Snow(37, Brother), Eddard Stark(22, Son), Jon Stark(21,Son), Arthur Stark (22) Bran Stark(20, Son), Alicent Stark(19, Daughter), Dacey Stark (10, Daughter)

Name: Arthur Stark
Titles:
House Seat: Winterfell
House Sigil: Above
Allegiance paid to: King Stark

Personality: Arthur is an Intelligence man who unlike some of his brothers prefers to talk rather then jump to battle, It helps that many see him as being charming which is likely the main reason he does so. He's also known to be honorable to a fault which one day might lead to his downfall
Skills: He's a great diplomat, a decent swordsmen and a good archer
Weaponry (If any): Castle Forged Steel, Bow and a small dagger
Military Strength: None
Biography: (At least two well written paragraphs please): Arthur and his brother Eddard were born twins to which they nearly look alike. During their youth the only difference which was very clear was that Arthur was far smaller then the rest of the Stark pack.

He was shorter and slimmer which was one of the key reasons he began to like books and education as that was the only thing he could beat the rest in. As he grew he learned that using his fists wouldn't get him far so he gained a silver tongue.

Now thankfully he's grew to a decent size while he's still not the largest or strongest stark, He's the smartest and thanks to his father wishing for him to learn how to defend himself he's quick on his feet and in combat. Torrhen has on various instances used his son to solve diplomatic issues between Lords as well as asking him for advice at times.
RP Example:
Notes: He's got a dog which he takes with him wherever he goes.
Last edited by Eraus on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:24 am

Tagged. Question, however - if I'm a canon House, for example - House Redfort of the Redfort, do I need to be the canonical character for that House at the time as well? It's probably a silly question, but I just wanted to know for sure.
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Tagged. Question, however - if I'm a canon House, for example - House Redfort of the Redfort, do I need to be the canonical character for that House at the time as well? It's probably a silly question, but I just wanted to know for sure.

If there is one that we know then yes. However you may add non canon characters so as long that they don't replace any canon characters.

Aelex wrote:Reserve the Triarch (not yet for Life :p ) Horonno please and Volantis/New Valyria.

Just be aware that Volantis has already been defeated by Aegon, The Stormlands, and Tyrosh. So the Elephants are now in control.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:38 am

Reserve House Mooton of Maidenpool please

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004

Postby Blackledge » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 am

Eraus wrote:Notes: House Stark, Robert Stark(23, Son), Brandon Snow(37, Brother), Eddard Stark(22, Son), Jon Stark(21,Son), Arthur Stark (22) Bran Stark(20, Son), Alicent Stark(19, Daughter)

I think Torrhen had younger children too. After the conquest a daughter of his wed Ronnel Arryn, who was only a boy during the conquest.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 am

Into fisherman on God's Eye please? Or random custom house between the Green and Blue Forks?
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Just be aware that Volantis has already been defeated by Aegon, The Stormlands, and Tyrosh. So the Elephants are now in control.

Oh damn, that's true that this happened, I had forgotten. The old lore had Horonno still being a Triarch and New Valyria still being around by the time Aegon went into his westerosi fuck feast but this was retconned. What a shame. :/
Well, Volantis is still at quite the peak of it's might nonetheless and the memories of its victories are still vivid so a resurgence of the Tigers wouldn't be that surprising. Could I get to play as one of the Triarch nonetheless?
Last edited by Aelex on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:21 am

Unfinished apps.

Name: King Harren the Black
House: House Hoare
Titles: King of the Isles and Rivers
House Seat: Fairmarket (Harrenhal will be completed soon, at which time it will become Harren's new seat.)
House Sigil: Image
Allegiance paid to: House Hoare
Appearance (Picture appreciated): Image
Personality: Harren has spent the last forty years of his life bankrupting his realm in the name a vain monument to himself. To describe him as merely "narcissistic" would be too kind. Beyond his arrogance, he is cruel, overly-ambitious, gluttonous, and crude in his manner of speaking. He generally acts as though his family and his kingdom are extensions of himself.
Skills: An unquestionable knack for architecture, an unbreakable will, an elderly but nonetheless fearsome fighter.
Weaponry (If any): Several iron axes and swords.
Military Strength: (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.)
Biography: (At least two well written paragraphs please):
RP Example:
Notes:

• Harren's sons, who are mentioned but not described in canon:

• Prince Harmund Hoare (25-year-old eldest son and heir, groomed to be a soldier)
    • Prince Qhorwyn Hoare (22-year-old second-eldest son, skilled duelist)
    • Prince Harwyn Hoare (15-year-old third-eldest son but fourth in line to inherit due to being the child of a saltwife, frail, timid, and kept around by Harren essentially to stroke his ego, will receive a custom character app)
    • Prince Othgar Hoare (13-year-old fourth-eldest son but third in line to inherit, clever with words and is being groomed to be Harren's chief diplomat)
    • Harlan and Halleck Hoare (twins, eight years old, also children of a saltwife)
  • Lord Commander Qhored Hoare (younger brother of King Harren, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, cares little-to-nothing about southern politics)

Name: Prince Harwyn Hoare
House: Hoare
Titles: Prince of the Isles and Rivers
House Seat: Fairmarket
House Sigil: Image
Allegiance paid to: King Harren the Black
Appearance: Inherited his Riverman looks from his Saltwife mother.
Personality: Timid and jumpy, would rather keep to himself
Skills: (eg. Robert Baratheon would be a great warrior, Jon Arryn a great administrator, Varys a great spymaster)
Weaponry (If any):
Military Strength: N/A
RP Example:
Notes:
Last edited by Utceforp on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:29 am

Am I accepted?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Aelex wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Just be aware that Volantis has already been defeated by Aegon, The Stormlands, and Tyrosh. So the Elephants are now in control.

Oh damn, that's true that this happened, I had forgotten. The old lore had Horonno still being a Triarch and New Valyria still being around by the time Aegon went into his westerosi fuck feast but this was retconned. What a shame. :/
Well, Volantis is still at quite the peak of it's might nonetheless and the memories of its victories are still vivid so a resurgence of the Tigers wouldn't be that surprising. Could I get to play as one of the Triarch nonetheless?

Of course, but be aware that you will not be interacting with most of the players should I decide that Aegon will go West. However, perhaps someone will come to Volantis in hopes of an alliance to stop Aegon.

Dentali wrote:Am I accepted?

I have some errands to run, afterwards I will go through apps and point out any criticism or accepting any apps that are okay.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:41 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Aelex wrote:Oh damn, that's true that this happened, I had forgotten. The old lore had Horonno still being a Triarch and New Valyria still being around by the time Aegon went into his westerosi fuck feast but this was retconned. What a shame. :/

Of course, but be aware that you will not be interacting with most of the players should I decide that Aegon will go West. However, perhaps someone will come to Volantis in hopes of an alliance to stop Aegon.

Dentali wrote:Am I accepted?

I have some errands to run, afterwards I will go through apps and point out any criticism or accepting any apps that are okay.

Yea I think we should restrict it to westeros
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004

Postby Blackledge » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 pm

I'll give this one a shot.

Name: Sharra Arryn
House: Arryn
Titles: Queen Regent ; called the 'Flower of the Mountain' for her famed beauty across Westeros
House Seat: the Eyrie in summer, the Gates of the Moon in winter
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: The Seven

Personality: To serve as Queen Regent Sharra has relied on her intelligence, shrewdness, and capacity to negotiate. She prefers a stable peace to war, in part out of concern for her children. Even in the face of danger she keeps to her wits, remaining calm and remembering her courtesies.
Skills: Administrator and diplomat.
Weaponry (If any): She has been known to carry a dirk.
Military Strength: 45,000 men, 150 ships
Biography: Born to a cadet branch of the royal family in Gulltown, young Sharra never saw herself becoming queen someday. She assumed she would marry a noble from another house, or perhaps a rich merchant from the Free Cities. That changed when she met the King of Mountain and Vale, Denys Arryn. At first sight the king took an interest in her, and her modest family would entertain him on many occasions. As years passed it seemed he invented reasons to visit Gulltown, always calling on Sharra. Finally, she confronted him on the matter and discussed marriage openly. Where some men may have been taken aback by a woman's directness, Denys instead smiled and made his intentions clear. Within a moon they were wed, and Sharra traveled with him back to the Gates of the Moon.

In the next few years she bore him two sons, Ronnel and Jonos. At the same time she took in interest in the running of the kingdom, and so Denys, who delighted in her intelligence, included her in his councils. Raised in a merchant family she already had a head for numbers, and expertly managed both household and the kingdom's finances. What looked to be a long and happy marriage was cut short when Denys took an injury in a joust. Instead of healing it turned foul, and just as quickly the king had passed. Mourning her husband, Sharra took up the reigns as Queen Regent of Mountain and Vale in their son's name. For seven years she has ruled as such, holding firm in the face of marriage proposals and threats from the ironmen in the riverlands. With the Mountains of the Moon guarding the Vale's western borders, she has continued the Arryn tradition of looking to the east for trade and relations. Now a dragonlord to the south has her attention, and she holds her swords close as she watches to see the intentions of these Targaryens.
RP Example: 1, 2, 3, 4
Notes: Her children, including young King Ronnel and Prince Jonos

Name: Osric Arryn
House: Arryn
Titles: Ser, Keeper of the Gates of the Moon
House Seat: Gates of the Moon
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: Arryns of the Eyrie
Appearance:

Personality: Earnest at home, but suspicious of foreigners. Fiercely loyal to his elder brother's legacy.
Skills: Warrior, trained as heavy cavalry in the knightly tradition but with naval experience
Weaponry (If any): Sword, shield, dagger and lance
Biography: Where his brother Denys was raised to be king, Osric was raised to be a warrior. He served as page for the lord of Redfort, squired for the lord of Runestone, and married the eldest daughter of the lord of Heart's Home. With these have come connections and loyalties built over a lifetime. In the past Osric served in expeditions to the Three Sisters, Paps and Pebble, which gained him experience as a captain in naval engagements. Upon returning home his brother honoured him with the position of Keeper of the Gates of the Moon, shortly before King Denys' death.

In the time since then, Osric has served as the Queen Regent's warlord. Keeping the mountain clans in check, providing support to the Bloody Gate when needed, coordinating patrols of the kingdom's island possessions, and building and maintaining the Arryn fleet that is so necessary to Narrow Sea trade. His own children have spent time with Queen Sharra's sons, learning to know their king and prince. With the riverlands chafing under the yoke of House Hoare, Osric has recommended invasion to seize the lands east of the Green Fork. As yet his good-sister has not decided on the matter.
Notes: His own family, including his son Hubert Arryn.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Utceforp wrote:Unfinished apps.

Name: King Harren the Black
House: House Hoare
Titles: King of the Isles and Rivers
House Seat: Fairmarket (Harrenhal will be completed soon, at which time it will become Harren's new seat.)
House Sigil: (Image)
Allegiance paid to: House Hoare
Appearance (Picture appreciated): (Image)
Personality: Harren has spent the last forty years of his life bankrupting his realm in the name a vain monument to himself. To describe him as merely "narcissistic" would be too kind. Beyond his arrogance, he is cruel, overly-ambitious, gluttonous, and crude in his manner of speaking. He generally acts as though his family and his kingdom are extensions of himself.
Skills: An unquestionable knack for architecture, an unbreakable will, an elderly but nonetheless fearsome fighter.
Weaponry (If any): Several iron axes and swords.
Military Strength: (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.)
RP Example:
Notes:

• Harren's sons, who are mentioned but not described in canon:

• Prince Harmund Hoare (25-year-old eldest son and heir, groomed to be a soldier)
    • Prince Qhorwyn Hoare (22-year-old second-eldest son, skilled duelist)
    • Prince Harwyn Hoare (15-year-old third-eldest son but fourth in line to inherit due to being the child of a saltwife, frail, timid, and kept around by Harren essentially to stroke his ego, will receive a custom character app)
    • Prince Othgar Hoare (13-year-old fourth-eldest son but third in line to inherit, clever with words and is being groomed to be Harren's chief diplomat)
    • Harlan and Halleck Hoare (twins, eight years old, also children of a saltwife)
  • Lord Commander Qhored Hoare (younger brother of King Harren, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, cares little-to-nothing about southern politics)

Name: Prince Harwyn Hoare
House: Hoare
Titles: Prince of the Isles and Rivers
House Seat: Fairmarket
House Sigil: (Image)
Allegiance paid to: King Harren the Black
Appearance: Inherited his Riverman looks from his Saltwife mother.
Personality: Timid and jumpy, would rather keep to himself
Skills: (eg. Robert Baratheon would be a great warrior, Jon Arryn a great administrator, Varys a great spymaster)
Weaponry (If any):
Military Strength: N/A
RP Example:
Notes:

Given the shear scale of Harrenhal, and its completion being briefly before Aegons campaign, Harren could probably occupy it now
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Nation Name: Nuxipal
Number Of RP's You've Created: 5+ (mostly GoT or Mass Effect Themed)
Number Of RP's You've CO-OP'd: 4 or 5, lost count. Was the Co-OP to the original version of this
How Long Have You Been On Here?: On and off since roughly 2010.
RP Sample:(Mandatory) GoT Themed RPs Only
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:45 pm

So not much is known about lord Mooton before his brother john took over madienpool after his death, so i may need to invent a character for Lord Mooton

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Rygondria wrote:So not much is known about lord Mooton before his brother john took over madienpool after his death, so i may need to invent a character for Lord Mooton

If information is lacking you may write him as you see fit. I would recommend writing an app for Jon as well.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:08 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Rygondria wrote:So not much is known about lord Mooton before his brother john took over madienpool after his death, so i may need to invent a character for Lord Mooton

If information is lacking you may write him as you see fit. I would recommend writing an app for Jon as well.

That is the pla, though things might change from Lord Mooton's fate in the lore.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:Of course, but be aware that you will not be interacting with most of the players should I decide that Aegon will go West. However, perhaps someone will come to Volantis in hopes of an alliance to stop Aegon.

Fair enough. Can I reserve Dorne instead?

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:37 pm

House Name: Highfalls
House Sigil: House Highfalls
House Words: "Our Roots Run Deep"
Allegiance Paid to: House Arryn
House Seat:Stonebark Tower
Approx Number of military at command: ~900 (250 men-at-arms, 20 knights/sworn shields ~540 from levies and a 90-man garrison)
History of the House:
The Highfalls are descended from the First Men, having a history stretching several thousand years before the Andal Invasion. During that time, the Highfalls became a major power in the river valleys in the central vale, though only dominated one. They reigned from their fortress at the mouth of the southernmost river valley’s river, that fortress being Stonebark Tower, a fortified position which has changed little in the following millennia, and the many waterfalls of this area is where the name Highfall originates.

However, this was undoubtedly the zenith of House Highfall, as in the Andal Invasion the house, despite efforts to work with the Andals, was utterly crushed in a series of wars, culminating in the Battle of the Seven Stars. This ultimately resulted in the ceding of territory and holdings and, in time, conversion to the Faith of the Seven, though a godswood and its accompanying Weirdwood remained in a secluded grotto in Stonebark Tower as a place for the family to escape from court, for a time. They were forcibly subjugated by the Arryns as well, but would maintain control of their native valley, by the Arryns’ grace.

Under Andal rule, the Highfalls were passively defiant, avoiding intermarriage for a time, among other things, but never rose up in arms. Starting with Richard Highfalls II, the first Highfall to convert to the Faith of the Seven, however, the Highfalls ended such practices and devoted themselves to their liege-lords fully. Now, the Hghfalls are not much closer the First Men than most Andals, though they maintain a certain pride in their origins and the longevity of their house.

The Highfalls recently suffered a serious setback, a bout illness struck and took many members of the family, leaving the future of the house uncertain.

Name: Lord Karl Highfalls
House: Highfalls
Titles: Lord of Stonebark Tower, Ser
House Seat: Stonebark Tower
House Sigil:House Highfalls
Allegiance paid to: (Eg. Bolton's to Starks, Starks to Targaryens) House Arryn
Appearance: Karl Highfalls

Personality: Karl was a highly energetic and excitable child, always eager and happy to do something, anything. As such, he took up many hobbies, beyond the expected training of page and squire, such as falconry and navigating, as well as swimming following an incident where he nearly drowned. While he did mellow somewhat with age, aprtially due to simply aging but largely due to the tragic events surrounding his coming of age, he has maintained that same optimistic and energetic persona. He is generally a kind person, gentle and empathetic. Honor is something he has taken to be highly important, though he often struggles to define it, at lest with any certainty that satisfies him. Loyalty, something easier for him to understand, is a trait he also values and seeks to embody. While he is no zealot, he does view the Faith of the Seven and the Church itself as a force of good, though not an infallible nor incorruptible one.

Skills: Karl is a skilled warrior, having gone through the process of becoming a knight, and has a decent tactical mind. However, he was the 4th son of his father Jon, and so had not been seen as a likely heir. As such, it was not until relatively late in his life he received an education in all the ways of ruling the Highfalls' fief. While he has picked up diplomacy and certain aspects of administration with great speed, he still has much to learn, and is inexperienced regardless.
Weaponry: Karl is skilled in many martial arts, and is capable of fighting with many weapons, including swords, axes, maces, polearms and bows, as well as with his own his own hands. He does prefer the sword though, specifically a bastard sword.

Military Strength: ~900 (250 men-at-arms, 20 knights/sworn shields ~540 from levies and a 90-man garrison)
Biography:: Karl Highfalls was born in 25 BC, and would have a happy childhood. His energetic and even wild nature was tempered with discipline and training as a page and squire, as well as his avid pursuit of hobbies to keep him occupied. He'd often travel through the family domain, eager to see and meet the small folk under his family's rule, as well as enjoying being out in the world. It was exciting.

As he grew older, Karl made great progress in his journey to knighthood, as well as becoming well-liked among the small-folk. Karl also became more introspective, especially on the concept of honor, and he could be found in the godswood for hours talking to himself on the subject. He would question many, from the simple farmers to visiting lords about this subject, but never did he find a truly satisfactory answer, so his search would continue.

When he was 14 years old, a bout of illness hit Stonebark Tower. Most recovered, in time, but most of his family died, including two brothers, Jon and Fredrick, leaving him the heir to Stonebark Tower. While he did havea third elder brother, his eldest brother in fact, Willam Highfalls had taken the black of his own volition several years earlier.Karl himself was spared the illness, having been away with his master Ser Barth at the time. Upon his return, his life changed substantially.

Over the course of the next few years, his father had him educated extensively, and it was a stressful time for Karl as he struggled to learn how to rule the family lands, a task he had never been expected to do. He proved up to the task, but he missed his more carefree childhood greatly. Due to this, his relationship with his father became strained, and when his father died, he became deeply regretful over failing to reconcile before the end. That was when he was 20, two years after he was knighted, something he enjoyed deeply. For several months he was overcome with melancholy, though he carried out his duties and continued learning how to rule, now doing so while ruling, he was very much a different person.

He would overcome his sorrow, though he never forgave himself for failing to reconcile with his father he did move past it, and has continued to flower into a skilled leader and competent ruler. Though he still relies heavily on his advisers, he is growing in confidence and experience, and at long last has fully put his father's death behind him.
RP Example:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=378314&start=50
Notes:

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:46 pm

>Highfalls
>House Seat is surrounded by waterfalls
>Name is literally a reference to waterfalls
>House Sigil is a tree

Anyway, errands are done. I'll start work on apps.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:49 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:>Highfalls
>House Seat is surrounded by waterfalls
>Name is literally a reference to waterfalls
>House Sigil is a tree

Anyway, errands are done. I'll start work on apps.

I think the grey tree is reference to how the keep is called stone bark, and the blue behind it is a waterfall

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse