NATION

PASSWORD

Greater Díenstad News Feed

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

EsToVnIa
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Women Shengyin| Our Voice
6th Month, 8th Day, 4th Year of the Sheng Era
9:45 PM, Friday

Imperial Chancery breaks silence on Potthan Crisis

Xiayang, Most Heavenly State — After two weeks of silence, Her Most Glorious Majesty, Arizayaa, issued a formal declaration condemning the recent crisis in Potthani region of Kavash. The crisis, which has born witness to atrocities undertaken by the Potthani regime against the Kavashi people, has entered its thirds week this week with Potthani State Media reporting that almost "all residents are dead or missing." This statement from the Potthani state media apparatus comes after publications by the Italian newspaper Tharsius Herald reported that the Italian Tribune of Foreign Affairs delivered a testimony condemning the Potthani regime and its handling of the Kavash Crisis. Similarly, the Mokan government based out of Antietam issued an ultimatum against the present Potthani regime, whether this is on their own accord or dictated to them by their masters in Mokastana has yet to be revealed by the Imperial Ministry for Barbarian Affairs.

In a statement released by the Imperial Chancery earlier this morning, Right Chancellor Tao Xiuying declared that "the benevolence of the Most Heavenly State has progressed for too long towards the Potthani state" and that it is time for "action to be taken against the illegal regime of Potthan and for its government to answer for its blatant breach of human rights and crimes against humanity."

"A formal declaration has been conceived and issued for review by Her Most Glorious Majesty," his eminence stated during an interview with Women Shengyin. "There is an understated sense of urgency in the matter. I have within myself the utmost faith and trust in Her Most Glorious Majesty to make the correct decision in this delicate matter."

In preparation for a truly auspicious endeavour against one of many Sunless Realms, Her Most Glorious Majesty's Armed Forces have begun a partial mobilisation in anticipation for Her Most Glorious Majesty signing off on the punitive measures declaration. In addition, a representative of Her Most Glorious Majesty's Empire has been dispatched to a summit convened by the Republic of Vectors for the explicit purpose of organising an international coalition.

Her Most Glorious Majesty is expected to have made a decision on the matter in three days time. █

Giant Squid shrine officially consecrated

Segen, Most Heavenly State— A shrine dedicated to a giant squid that washed up in 2016 was consecrated yesterday by clergy of the Orshool School.

Originally, the squid was to be eaten for the upcoming Moon Festival that weekend, however, a priestess of the Orshool School stopped the villagers and declared the giant squid to be an acolyte of the sea goddess, Dalai. The giant squid, which measured 11.7 metres and weighed some 268 kilogrammes, washed up in the fishing village of Segen following a deadly thunderstorm that left an elderly man dead. The squid became a local attraction as the village soon found itself an unofficial pilgrimage sight for many worshippers of Dalai.

The veneration of the Giant Squid was conducted by Priestess Nergüi Chanai, senior priestess for the local Orshool sect. "The bounties of the sea are truly a sign of the affection of Our Lady of the Sea. This humble appreciation for her domain is but one of the many thanks we can give to the Blessed Lady." Chanai wrote in the veneration declaration.

The reaction from the hamlet was largely positive. "It is a humongous honour," Segen Mayor Lian Jun said."This just goes to show how blessed and bountiful our oceans are." █
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

Eolmann
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eolmann » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:45 am

The Blue Nightlife Show
The Mannian people's source for government regulated international incident discussions and debates.

Scene: Center stage, two cushioned seats and a three-seater sofa arranged in a semi-circle formation opening towards the screen. A coffee table with non-alcoholic drinks and several sheafs of paper adorn its mahogany surface as a small compact laptop faces the host of the Nightlife show: a clean shaven man barely into his forties, his hair combed into a slick sweep over to one side, Hlynur Ernusson's show tonight has the rapt attention of many Mannian citizens glued to their seats. Seated across from him on the studio's sofa are two other speakers. Below them, their names flashes, along with their credentials: Benjamin Ketilsson, a well known author, historian and professor for Eolmann's prestigious academy and Lara Sverrisdottir, renown civil rights activist and owner of several shelters for abuse victims. Benjamin is clearly well within his sixties, a coarse beard that lines with his warm smile, his salt-and-pepper hair left in a haphazard mess that betrays his aura of professionalism. Meanwhile Lara is the youngest speaker, somewhere between her early to mid thirties with a radiating smile and a small dimple. Her auburn hair is tied into a neat bun and her make up is light, more to accentuate her features than to cake her face.

The camera focuses on the host as he greets his guests, shaking hands and laughing at a private joke.

Hlynur: "Thank you so much for coming over, I know it isn't easy to fit the show into your schedule."

Benjamin: "No, the pleasure is all mine Mister-"

H: "Please, just call me Hlynur, this isn't a formal party. And you Lara, I heard your organization has opened yet another shelter center? Isn't it the one down by Boulder Avenue?"

Lara quickly sets down her glass of water to answer Hylnur. The host apologetically gestures her to slow down.

H: "Woah there, easy Lara-" *chuckles* "We haven't even gotten to the interesting part of our talk yet!"

Lara: "Right-" *coughs* "Sorry, I think it must be the nerves." *laughs.* "But yes, the Shoulder-for-You organization has indeed opened yet another shelter center at Boulder Avenue, and as always I must implore to anyone who is out there a-and if you've suffered any form of domestic abuse at the hands of your spouse, wife or husband, please do not hesitate to come over or call us. Our professionals will do everything within their power to help you. "

H: "Very noble goal, very noble indeed! You have certainly been busy these few days, and so has the international community as we bring to you-"

Hlynur taps a few keys on his laptop: behind him, the wall display changes from the azure blue background to several still slides of Kavash's war torn streets. Both Benjamin and Lara twist their bodies to see the screen, their faces mixed with expressions of seriousness and shock.

H: "These are all pictures of Pottham's latest military act against its own citizens in the city of Kavash, calling everyone within that city to be 'Non-Potthani' due to political and religious difference. Namely, labeling every citizen within Kavash to be communists and believers of the Islamic faith. As we all know from various news sources, media centers and newspapers that the Potthani government has decided to resolve this difference by sending in the 5th Division to, in simpler terms, weed out any political and religious dissidents. What's your take on this incident?"

B: "Well first of all, I think it's horrible. I mean just by looking at these pictures you can clearly see that the Potthani clearly mean business. That's the work of, what? 500 000 trained soldiers firing upon innocent civilians?"

H: "What about them being communists? Surely given our nation's history-"

B: "Let me clarify something to you about our nation's history. As we have all learned from our history classes, the White Revolution was the result of the Rauður Party's citizen abuse- and I mean, abuse: no minimum wage, frequent executions, draconian laws. These were horrible infractions of the basic human necessities and one day, specifically after the Day of Gallows the people decided enough was enough. We went to war with the communists not because of the message of their ideology but in their methods of execution: the Rauður was in power for only fifteen years but cost the nation nearly one-third- one-third! - of its population simply for minor law infractions. These weren't sane people in control, these were power-hungry maniacs. A-and I think you'll see that our nation has not been at war nor has it declared war with every single communist nation in the world: it's stupid, it's suicidal and frankly irrational."

L: "Let me just interject here if you will. Any nation that sees the genocide of a certain part of their population as 'normal', that justifies killing their own people simply by labeling everyone within the city as communists or islamists without solid statistical proof? Should not be considered to have a rational political party in power. These are symptoms of the same party that killed off thirty seven college undergraduates simply for attending a political rally. It cannot and should not be accepted by anyone within the international community."

B: "Quite right: Eolmann's history has had its fair share of dictators, revolutions and communist parties that have severely affected the nation and brought about the necessary changes that resulted in our government today. We of all people have the greatest, most intimate knowledge of the effects of killing your own citizens simply because you have the gun. If you also take a look back in some of our country's records, you'll find that none of our revolutions were due to religious differences: that's right, nearly six revolutions and two civil wars, yet none of them caused simply because one religious party didn't agree with the teachings of the other! It's preposterous!"

H: "That's true, you're quite right. According to the Nation-wide Census, nearly 14% of Eolmann's population proclaim themselves to be islamic, 12% Buddhist and 10% atheists: these aren't even including the other various religions in the state. In fact, we don't have a national religion don't we?"

B: "Indeed. I think the question here lies in how the government should approach this situation."

L: "I think we should go to war with them."

H: "Just- just like that?"

L: "Absolutely. This kind of civil rights infraction shouldn't be tolerated especially not by the Mannian government with their no-tolerance international policy-"

H: "Hold on here, that policy only applies to any act by members of the international community against our sovereign nation and their subjects. As far the policy goes, we have yet to report any Mannian expatriate negatively affected by this incident. Surely that itself shouldn't be considered proper justification for war!"

L: "But how far before other nations see our hesitation as a sign of acceptance of a blatant misconduct and abuse of power? Our standing in the international community is weak at best; we've delegate barely 5% of our gross national budget to international aid and our current international stance is neutral, or another way to say uncommitted: we have the moral high ground as far as I'm concerned, and that should be our justification for war."

H: "You seem very vested in our nation going to war, but what about the cost of declaring war?"

L: "What about the cost of not going to war?"

B: "War isn't a simple mathematical equation with which we can objectively compare the pros and cons to. Yes our military is more than capable of deploying to Potthan, yes we may have the moral high ground; what about military support, and our own national interest? We as a nation cannot go to war without unity with our people: our economy will suffer according to the teachings of Hayek-"

L: "But that just sounds like you're pandering to the corporations! If our nation was lead by corporates we'd be going to war with our neighbours just for competitive prices!"

B: "Oh come on that's just a non sequitur fallacy. I'm sure there's plenty of arguments on the state of our nation's corporations but we're talking about how we should deal with this incident, and I have to say that Eolmann should simply observe the proceedings until we have proper justifiable cassus belli before sending our young men and women to a blood bath."

L: "So you're saying we shouldn't do anything about this blatant abuse of civil rights?"

B: "I'm not saying we should simply stay idle, there's plenty to do and other alternatives beyond military actions: trade embargoes, coalitions, strengthening our international standing through alliances and making proposals to the international courts. Have you considered what's going to happen if we plunge into war? I'll tell you: wives, girlfriends and families will start to grieve, our economy will shift into a war time economy that only serves to feed the mouths of the corporations and we'll be labeled as impulsive and reckless by our neighbours who, by the way, earlier this week? Sha Mobutia just lost one of their citizens during the Kavash bombing. Their response? Nothing yet as we known so far. So how can we instigate a war when someone with an even more valid reason to go to war has stayed their hand? It makes us look the aggressors in this scenario, certainly wouldn't help the cause."

H: "It's interesting here- just a moment before you continue of course. Usually we think that the older community would push for war and the younger generation to seek a more peaceful option here."

B: "We don't want to- no let me rephrase that: War should be our last option because the older generation has seen how bad a country at war can be first hand. I was six when the divide happened, my father was drafted into the loyalist and died about a week later to bombing. See- the younger generation are lucky. They weren't here when the Protectorate Square was a loyalist pillbox that clogged up the streets full of bodies; they're infatuated with all these militarization of our society, filled with propaganda from their conscription that they can't think beyond the rifle. This nation's future generation needs to learn a little bit of patience, I think."

L: "I think it's the opposite really."

H: "Oh? Go on Lara, let's hear your perspective."

L: "While I do agree that the militarization of our society is a problem, I feel like it does help the youth by teaching them, you know, relevant skills. It's also a little bit of a necessity-"

B: "To arm our children and teach them the hundred-and-one ways to kill a man?"

L: "That's a huge leap, no: the Youth Guard doesn't teach a child how to kill, it teaches them wildlife techniques, how to tie a bandage, general knowledge which helps them become a better member of the community. Conscription might be tasteless but when you have a huge nation that tolerates slavery further inland don't you think our nation should prepare its citizens in the eventuality of war?"

B: "Why should everything come to war? What is with this- I don't understand. I've been studying history for nearly thirty years now and you would think that all our lessons would at least impart on our students the evils war has committed. "

L: "It's also taught us of the necessity of war sometimes, especially when the people are being stepped upon. Here's a lesson for you as well: Had the White Revolution not happened, other countries would have intervened eventually and brought in their own soldiers to die for us. Our nation was built upon the foundations of aggression against dictators, from the earliest colonial days where the East-Indie Company exploited our women and workers to the White Revolution where every man, woman and child sacrifice themselves for the protection of the basic amenities any human should be privy to."

H: "Things are a little heated up here people, let's try to keep this civil. So: Professor Benjamin, you are advocating for a much more peaceful approach to the situation and Miss Lara, you're saying we should go to war instead?"

B: "That's about it yes; there are other methods to this approach, sending missiles and men to Potthani just seems like a giant leap in our international policy."

L: "Nothing giant about it, we could even make it a joint intervention with Sha Mobutia. In that case we'll be helping an long standing ally who is also a vital player in this region's safety from Ralkovia, because if it is one thing we can all agree on is that while we detest communist governments, slavers are just about as equal to pigs."

H: "Very strong words from Miss Lara! Very strong indeed. What do you think viewers? Let's hear your thoughts in your tweets, simply type #KavashResolution and send it away! For now I'd like to thank both of our guests here, Professor Benjamin and Miss Lara. It was great having you in here and giving us your perspectives."

B: "Pleasure is ours, Hlynur."

L: "Anytime, Hlynur. Lovely catching up with you."

END SCENE

Last edited by Eolmann on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:01 pm

The Golden Throne Signs Agreement
to Sell Surplus Military Equipment to Potthan

Equipment rolling into Potthan, around the city of Bokan.

In a stunning change in policy, the Golden Throne and Potthan have agreed to a military modernization program that will see billions of ríokmarks of equipment sold to the Potthani military.

The Potthani army will receive thousands of Nakíl 1A1GUs, some newly constructed, but most surplus equipment which has up to now either been held in reserve or mothballed. In addition to Nakíls tanks, they will also be armed with Macabean surface-to-air missiles, including man-portable systems and vehicle-based systems designed to engage threats in a variety of environments and conditions. These include SPAA-1 close-range anti-air vehicles and the Praetorian surface-to-air missile system, which will include all members of the family except the anti-satellite variants. No less, the Potthanis will also receive new anti-tank missiles and disposable rockets, as well as lightweight fixed artillery systems. The modernization program intends to help the Potthanis defend themselves on an equal basis to their opponents.

Part of the deal looks towards the long-term. Roughly 2,000–2,500 Macabean advisors will be deployed to Agadesh, where they will train the first Potthani tank crews, as well as on how to use the various other pieces of equipment being delivered.
The Golden Throne, in this way, hopes to cultivate a long-term relationship with the Potthani military and government.

In the same vein, a Potthani delegation of naval officers and crew members will travel to the Beda Fromm kríerstatón. There, they will be trained on the Type A diesel attack submarine, an advance piece of equipment that uses fuel-cell-based air-independent propulsion to stay under water for up to two weeks at a time. This will give the Potthani navy the capability to defend its shoreline against foreign aggressors, without giving it the projection power of a nuclear submarine.
There is room for growth over time in the two country's relationship here as well, with hopes that Potthan will continue to send officers and enlisted personnel to schools in the Golden Throne.

The decision comes at the same time as an ambiguously related decision for two Tarn-based private military contractors to deploy to southern Potthan. Tarn Defense Solutions and Freikorps Germania have both been contracted by an unknown party, although the rumor mill has been active. Some suspect that the Golden Throne is looking to influence the direction of Potthani politics without overly committing itself, but there is also strong evidence that both companies are working with the Ralkovian government. There is word of a Potthani and Ralkovian joint-defense agreement, that will see parts of Potthan ceded to the latter. If it is true that the Ralkovians have taken an active hand in defending the government of Jericho III,
that also implies an alignment of policy between the Golden Throne and the far-western slaver government.

A very awkward situation, given their mutual opposition in the context of the ongoing Gothic War.

The hypocrisy in the Empire's policy is already readily apparent. Indeed, the Potthani government has always been open about its slave trade. Despite a history of neither regulating against it or supporting the slave trade through its southern Theohuanacu ports, the Golden Throne's current war against the Scandinvans has been sold to the public in large part thanks to an anti-slavery message that makes up the Imperial Bureacracy's moral justification.

That is not to say that the Golden Throne's aid has come without concessions. In fact, contract prices have been deflated in an effort to provide Potthan new equipment without bankrupting its government. In return, Macabean investment in the country will receive increasingly preferential treatment. In the past, this has taken the shape of the expansion of Macabean financial institutions and manufacturers, especially producers who do not have the capital to pay for automation and instead look for relatively cheap labor. There is an element of long-term development, and part of this may play its role in transforming the Potthani slave trade.

However, if that is the case, it's not one that has been explicitly made by the Imperial Bureaucracy. In fact, His Imperial Majesty Fedor I and his advisors have remained mostly silent on the matter, at least in public.

In the provinces, the news has been taken with reservation. The provincial Senatorial Government has declared a special session to discuss the direction of the empire's foreign policy and its impact on provincial wellbeing. That this is a veiled threat to the emperor is clear. What will become of it, is not. But it is a clear sign that there are some doubts on whether the emperor's decision to align himself with Potthan, which many see as a pariah state, is best for the empire. There is already a wariness with growing overseas commitments, which have recently spread to Kashubia and Holy Panooly, and the idea that Fedor is acting without constraints. One of the fears is that it will lead the Golden Throne down a road of fiscal irresponsibility, something which has already tarnished the empire's financial status in the past. The other is that provincial regulares, as the core of the imperial military, will continue to be deployed, and die or be wounded.

Apart from domestic repercussions, the decision will also clearly impact the Golden Throne's standing with a coalition of regional governments that have begun to amass against Potthan. The ongoing conflict around Kavash, which has seen episodes of extreme cruelty and genocide perpetrated by the Potthani military under direct command of Emperor Jericho III, has earned the government widespread condemnation. Already Greater Themis, Castille de Italia, and the Republic of Vectors. This is a landscape that the Golden Throne must navigate with care, less it cause the sort of deterioration in relations that can threaten the safety of its naval logistics corridor to Gholgoth.

In an effort to bridge the ambition of growing its commercial and political influence in western Greater Díenstad and its solidarity with those are gathering in an effort to stem the violence in Potthan, the Imperial Bureacracy has announced that it will attend the Potthan Summit in Victory, the Vectorian capital.

What is achieved through this summit is still in question. The Castillians seem intent on intervening in the war regardless of the possibility of a peaceful resolution, something which the Imperial Bureacracy has condemned as blatant aggression without a purpose — the Castillian government has not shown a willingness to fight for that purpose in alternative ways, by means that could avoid further death and destruction in an already tumultuous situation. That being said, it seems as if the Golden Throne has extended itself as a possible mediator between the parties involved, hoping to pressure Emperor Jericho III into changing domestic policy in the direction of the further liberalization of human rights.

Given the volatility of the present environment, one questions the empire's willingness to involve itself in the quagmire, but most also place hope in the possibility of a peaceful resolution.
Last edited by The Macabees on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Potthan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Potthan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:07 pm

IMPERIAL NEWS NETWORK

Potthani Legion Victorious in Cleansing Kavash

After a long and hard fought battle with Communist rebels in Kavash, they have surrendered their arms and the Communist leader "Kanjaan Nunsham" has been arrested and is awaiting trail in Agadesh. The Legion still reports rogue Communist activity in Arujaan, however they estimate this problem will be dealt with soon. However, with the Communists down we have also had a very common enemy spring up. Thought to be have been defeated after the Potthani Civil War (1998-2004) the Democratic Armed Resistance has been reported active by the Senate of Justice.

Reconstruction of Kavash has begun and a new police force is being hired. There is no telling how long it will be until Kavash returns to normal, however one can only hope it's soon. In the meantime, Emperor Jericho has stated he is very pleasant with how shortly this situation is defused, and will hope the same will occur when dealing with the DAR in Arujaan.

This article was approved by the Senate of Media and Information
Baka Noime za Potthan (Grand Empire of Potthan)
Population: 33,974,700
Capital: Agadesh
Economy: Firearms, uranium, oil, slavery, pearls, gold.
Language: Potthani
Leader: Emperor Jericho III
Government type: Fascist Monarchy
Economy type: State corporations
Religion: Pagan; Potthani Mythology
Major political parties: Imperial Potthani Senate, Potthani Supremacy Party, Potthani Fascist Alliance, Senate of the Emperor
National Anthem: Habu Tze Nagat Zvebe (With him I'm safe)

-Itailia-
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby -Itailia- » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Consul Callus Condemns Golden Throne Arms Sale
Consul condemns the Empire for "selling dangerous weapons to vile peoples who already threaten the safety of those nearby"
Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus (@Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus)(TH)
Midyear 13, 3E7 2:00 PM | Ebonaervon, Itailia

The Consul getting emotional while covering the horrors in Kavash AP photo

Ebonaervon, Itailia(Herald) — Consul Gaius Callus called for an extraordinary session of the Senate today, a unique power beholden to the Consul's which stipulates that they may call for a near-mandatory emergency session of the Senate to discuss urgent issues needing attention from the Empire, a power he invoked yesterday morning when he announced it to the press during a press release and conference from his office at Palazzo Haranae, the Consul's work place and residence inside the capital. The power hasn't been invoked in nearly a decade, since the beginning of the War of Sundering, and the implications of that was not lost on the Senators, as almost every member of the five hundred and twelve body was present this morning for the session.

The Consul began the session by addressing the Senators on what he has called the "tragedy and horrors occurring in Kavash and Potthani at large", and for the majority of the first half of his hour plus long speech, calling for the tragedies to end and for the international community to band together to ensure that the people of Potthani experience liberty and safety away from the oppression of a tyrannical government; however, the second half of his speech was surprisingly directed towards the Golden Throne, a powerful Central Powers that calls Dienstad home and has been a target for better relations within the Imperial Foreign Affairs Office; probably on insistence of the Legion, seeing as how they're equipped with a fair number of products from that nation.

In unusually strong language, the Consul called on TGT " to end all assistance and cooperation with these cowards, for I am shocked that such an honorful Empire such as yours would even consider arming such a vile, and dangerous people, or even ultimately end up assisting them in inflicting monstrous horrors on both their own people, and potentially those outside of their lands."

At the end of his address, the Consul announced an Amanitte delegation would be dispatched to the international conference being held on the Potthani Crisis, being hosted by the Republic of Vectors, the Consul has stated he hopes that the delegation can help be apart of a multinational response that can bring a swift end to the tragedy already occurring.

Gnaeus Tanicus Vopiscus contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • All About the Conference on Potthani [ 349818 ]
  • Tuktar votes to join the Morrdh Commonwealth [ 81276 ]
  • Witnesses report inexplicable gunfire and breach charges at a port in Jesheoda, wake up to find a local industry leader's assets gone overnight [ 67521 ]
  • Potthani: Whose on what side, and what they believe in [ 514328 ]
MORE FROM TH
  • SEC opens fourth ground factory for the manufacture of Vipers [ 17643 ]
  • Tribunal for Military Oversight clears second Expansion for the Imperial forces [ 454321 ]
  • Elections: Campaigning across Provinces set to begin in 4 months [ 2398583 ]
    Comments [ 813451 ]
    © Tharsius Herald Ltd 2014

813,451 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 am

Statesboro Herald

International News

Relief Aid and Evacuation

Recently, all of Greater Deinstad attention has been focused on the ongoing slaughter and genocide in the Grand Empire of Potthan, the Timocratic Republic has decided to do something about it. In a surprise move, the Republic has sent relief supplies and aid to Potthan. The current plan, released by the Republic in an official press conference, is to follow the invasion force in and sent up camps for the refugees. And plans are in place with Mokastana to evacuate those who wish to leave, from the country back to the Republic and eventually to Mokastana if they should choose to do so. The current plans calls for collaborating with the invasion force for smoother operations.

Not so surprising is the fact that the Republic will be escorting its aid and guarding its camps. The convoy of ships is being escorted by Task Force 1 of the first fleet sans most of its capital ship save a single Enterprise class supercarrier. But it is also being shadowed by Task Force 2 of the same fleet which has been beefed up for this mission. However, it will not enter Potthani waters but remain outside on standby. Only Task Force 1 will enter the Potthani waters and remain to safegaurd the relief supplies. Also present are 2 regiments of the 8th Marine Assault Division, aka "The Knights" who will be guarding the camps. Both of those regiments are at full strength and even reinforced, according to some sources. Accompany them will be 3 heavy construction battalions to build the camps. All units have been given strict orders to not engage unless engaged first, but the Marines are definitely excited and spoiling for a fight.

Two camps are currently planned with contingency to build up to 3 more. One of which will be on the coast or near a port to facilitate evacuation and one further in land to act as a collection point. The Republic emphasizes that it is not here to fight a war for once, but to help the people who are placed in such grave danger.

Continued on Page I-3
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Barjaanistan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Barjaanistan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:59 am

BARJAANI CHRONICLE
Reporting for Brajaanistan since 1987

As we all know, a vote to allow refugees from Potthan was approved last week. As many of the older generation know personally the horrors of Potthan, it gave peace knowing Barjaanistan is making the world a better place. However, Potthani sympathizers in East Barjaanistan disagreed immensely. A group calling themselves the "Potthani Terror Brigade" took up arms against a refugee camp, which housed many women and children.

Screenshot from video uploaded by PTB

With this thorn in our side President Nafaan has asked help from any willing nation. "We must put an end to the violence, especially the one between us and Potthan. Even after our liberation in 1988 we have been constantly under fire both figuratively and literally from Potthani officials." said President Nafaan during his speech at St. Juja University. In the hours after the attack, many threats have been made towards Mosques, Refugee camps, and libraries none of which have been acted upon yet. In the meantime security by police patrols and such has been boosted to prevent said attacks from happening.

How long will it take to finally see peace in Barjaanistan? Weeks, months, years? Dr. John Gamayne states, "Peace will not be possible without the international community at our side.". Which, in a sense is true. We may have oil, cattle, and opium but we lack one essential thing: Peacekeepers. Real equipped trained armies that know what they are doing.

General Yusef Al'Nayem asks the international community for war support in the meantime. Will his request be answered? Only time will tell.

-Itailia-
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby -Itailia- » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Legions to Deploy to Barjaanistan on Peacekeeping Endeavor
Consul announces that approximately 5 legions will deploy to the nation to help with it's security issues
Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus (@Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus)(TH)
Midyear 14, 3E7 12:00 PM | Ebonaervon, Itailia

C-10 Minotaur's lining up to prepare to carry over the Task Force to Al'Fassaq Airways, Barjaanistan AP photo

Ebonaervon, Itailia(Herald) — Just a single day after an unusual Senatorial address from the Consul on the horrors abroad in Potthani, and the disapproval concerning the massive arms sales and military agreements recently announced by the Golden Throne between themselves and the Potthani government, the Consul has announced that after a meeting today with Caesar Lorenzo Da Vinci, the Caesar has given him the blessing and Imperial Seal to form and deploy what is being called Task Force Custos, a cross-branch force which will be formed from a nucleus of five legions, what's being described as a "heavy" Imperial Air Force contingency, and two carrier groups which will be assisting the TFC with establishing control over the land-locked country that is bordered by the current crisis-ridden Potthan.

The Barjaanistan government and nation was formed in 1988 when they split from Potthan itself in a bloody civil war that neither country has officially resolved yet, and the decades in between have left bad blood on both sides, which has resulted in hundreds of thousands dead, both military and civilian, and high levels of terror and tension left in death's wake in Barjaanistan. The government has effectively maintained control in the southern and western parts of the country, but the northern and eastern halves are becoming more lawless by the week, as the government loses control as security forces are killed, replaced or paid off, and groups such as the Potthani Terror Group install themselves.

The Consul stated that he reached out to the President Nafaan of Barjaanistan and General Yusef Al'Nayem shortly after receiving word of the internationally published Barjanni Chronicle's report covering the disarray of internal affairs, and how the Barjaanistani security forces were struggling to maintain or re-establishing order in many parts of the country, and said that it was only the Empire's "sorrowful, yet more then necessary duty to render aid to our neighbors, especially when times of desperate need or chaos on their doorstep are upon them." He reached out to the Barjaanistani government and people out of a desire for brotherly kinship and affection, and was reportedly met with happiness and joy from the Barjaanistani government, who are reportedly relieved to finally receive some form of aid in their long, tiresome struggle.

The five legions are reportedly members of the contingency that were deployed three years ago the colony of Rhaldeasia when it rose up in rebellion as a consequence of the War of Sundering; the legions restored order to the colony after a year and a half of active operations, and were turned into solely a garrison force last year as life there returned to normalcy. Their one of the most recently combat-tested and experienced legions, and are commanded by Legate Kaeso Sidiusal Asclenan, who has been a member of Legio LXXII Sophene since he was commissioned into the Legion more then three decades ago, and has been a member of campaigns from the Dystopian Wars, the Sundering, and the Colonial Insurrections. The IAF contingency is reportedly to include a number of fighter squadrons, possibly a full wing, but the Consul has stated that they will not arrive until the Legion completes the construction of a primary forward operating base, which will be located near the Barjaanistani capital of Naham for ease of logistics and command operations. The deal also mentioned the inclusion of a Supply Support Agreement, which mentions that the Legion will be providing the Barjaanistani Army and it's security forces with training on their current equipment, as well as newer gear to help augment their forces and improve their combat capabilities. Not many specifics were given, but mentions of a large amount of armor to be supplied to the Barjaanistani Army, which has relatively no armor units in it's possession, was mentioned on the full paper verison of the report, which was released to the public at the end of the Consul's press release.

Civilians in the southern provinces, specifically near AFB Durisianua, have stated a sudden large uptick in air activity; the base has a normal garrison of an entire airlift and logistics group and an attached fighter squadron, but has said the mammoth C-10's that remain the backbone of large airlift capabilites have suddenly been lifting off of the runways and returning at unusually high rates; they also reported streets in nearby cities and towns were full of military trucks and transports, all heading to the base and loaded to the brim with legionnaires. The Consul did not give an expected arrival date, but calculations based on travel and weather conditions expects the first legions to arrive within twenty four hours.

Gnaeus Tanicus Vopiscus contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • All About the Conference on Potthani [ 349818 ]
  • Tuktar votes to join the Morrdh Commonwealth [ 81276 ]
  • Info: Task Force Custodes, the deal between Barjaanistan and the Senate, what it means to you [ 67521 ]
  • Potthani: Whose on what side, and what they believe in [ 514328 ]
MORE FROM TH
  • SEC opens fourth ground factory for the manufacture of Vipers [ 17643 ]
  • Tribunal for Military Oversight clears second Expansion for the Imperial forces [ 454321 ]
  • Elections: Campaigning across Provinces set to begin in 4 months [ 2398583 ]
    Comments [ 813451 ]
    © Tharsius Herald Ltd 2014

813,451 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

Mokastana
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:28 am

MNN: SPECIAL REPORT!!!
News so short your can't help but read the full story...

TOP STORY:

Federal Government steps in on Tatom Crisis

Mokastana City
People's Republic of the Islands and Tierra Nueva
People's Unified Federation

With the Mejican government shut down for second week in a row, the Federal Government has finally stepped in. Inviting leadership from both the Republic of Mejico and the elected government of Tatom, the Acting President of the Federation, Rutilio Gomez, hopes to reach an agreement to prevent further issues in the Mejican Republic.

To emphasis the point, Federal Parliament has Federalized, but not mobilized, the Mejican Fourth Army, currently under command by Generalissimo Minor Anthony Durkin. Fourth Army will now be used to maintain peace and security in the Tatom claimed areas and answer only to Federal Authority until this crisis is resolved. Given how low Mejican President Pablo Diego’s approval rating has sank due to this crisis, there is now talk of impeachment of Diego to allow the vote to proceed without Presidential Override. Despite the setbacks, most of the Federation expects Tatom to be an Independent Nation, but still a member of the Federation, before the end of the Month. Elected President Alejandro Tennent of Tatom has submitted the application for his government, and has stated he will work to convert Tatom into a “proper Federal nation”.

Expect more on this story soon.

Independence for Istegium? Demonstrators take to the streets in support of Independence movement

Canin Point
Colony of Istegium

Last December, a petition for independence was put before the Colonial government of Istegium in Canin Point. Although the Colonial Government remained hesitant on actually organizing the vote, the recent Crisis in Tatom has prompted a mass protest calling for the vote to happen.

As of this morning, Colonial Governor Tracy Dumont announced that the vote will be happening next month with a date of July XX. If the vote for independence passes, Istegiumites will need to decide how they will want to govern themselves and what direction they will take the small nation.

Many who are in favor of Independence claim that their nation never truly willingly joined the PUF and they should forge their own destiny. While opponents fear Coltarin expansion if they lose Federal protection. Others wish the join the Istegium Free Zone since it was established as a free area under the original Istegium Agreement. Whatever happens, this next month will decide the long term fate of Istegium.

Elections season in the PUF!
Will there be major shifts in the Federal government?

Mokastana City

While everyone is focused on the soon to be announced candidates for this year's President of the Federation election, there are many more seats, both in the Executive and Legislative branches this year, up for election. This particular year is unique in that is the 24th year after the founding the of the Federation, and therefore many offices with four and six year terms are ending simultaneously. Even in Wellovia, Prime Minister Frank Noble is up for reelection in his home district, his third five year term(second as PM) ending this year.

Below we have listened the seats/offices up for election this year:

EXECUTIVE BRANCH:
*President of the Federation(Six Year Term)
*President of the People’s Republic of the Islands and Tierra Nueva(Four Year Term)
*President of Mejico(Four Year Term)
*President of the Republic of El Sur del Gran Mokastana(Six Year Term)
*Prime Minister of the Parliamentary Republic of Wellovia(Five year term)

LEGISLATIVE BRANCH :
*100 Seats in Federal Parliament
*52 Seats in The Federal Senate

Next week we will run a more in depth story explaining the candidates and details on the elections underway.
Last edited by Mokastana on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
Trust the Mokans to be armed even when among their allies
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

Moka you are a land of pimps, prostitutes, drug lords, and corruption.
We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:48 pm

RALKOVIAN NEWS NETWORK

Ralkovian-Tsukumo Contract For $3 Trillion Signed
Ralkovia-Tsukumo Nifon Zaibatsu sign deal for automated manufacturing tech for Ralkovian industry
By: Zera Rand

Deputy Minister of Trade Eric Traf and Ward Minister of Trade Rif Trakin sign deal with Tsukumo envoysRNN photo

Negotiations have closed yesterday and a contract deal has been signed between the Ralkovian Trade Ministry and Nifonese Tsukumo Conglomerate after a three day meeting was held in Zoraka. The much anticipated deal will see the Ralkovian Trade Ministry purchasing some $3 trillion dollars in commercial robotics over the next five years from Tsukumo Conglomerate, one of the 'big four' conglomerates that dominate Nifon economic scene. The deal is part of the Emperor's 5 Year Economic Plan, that will see over $25 trillion dollars in updating production facilities in key industries in Ralkovia.

The $25 trillion dollar investment has been seen by many throughout Ralkovia as a supreme gift to the Ralkovian people by the Emperor, with money coming out of the Emperor's Personal Fund. However, many Official Imperial Supporters have stated that the Emperor's involvement should not be taken as a gift, but as a sign of Imperial displeasure at the lack of progress in many Ralkovian industries attempts at modernization.

"It should be rather obvious that the Emperor wouldn't involve himself in something so low as modernization, if he believed that the people were on the right path. Given that he is spending his own personal money, this should be taken as a sign of not only his care of the Ralkovian People, but as definitive proof of his mercy and modesty. The Ralkovian People should be grateful, but they should also remember that their Emperor is sacrificing his own comfort for them, and they should be ashamed," Lord Chaeam Zoraf, Imperial Courtsman, a facet of the Imperial Court stated, leaving the Trade Ministry earlier today.

Other prominent figures of the Imperial Court have been far more demure about how this investment should be seen, and the Voice of the Emperor Thim Radmull has stated that the Emperor has no interest in answering any questions about how Ralkovians should feel about his investment other than it is merely in appreciation of the Ralkovian People.

MORE ABOUT
  • Potthan Conference: What it means to you
  • Lord Farar, leader of Fulstrom, dead at age 57
  • Potthan cedes Northern Coast to Ralkovian Empire
  • Imperial Forces Take Sadao
  • How to report your neighbor for subversive behavior and avoid them knowing

However, within the Trade Ministry today feelings are quite well known as being on high for both industries across Ralkovia and the Tsukumo Conglomerate, which saw an 11% increase in share price at the announcement of the deal. Ralkovian Automobile, Aircraft, and Appliance Industries will see the largest benefits with an expected $800 billion being spent to help raise production to meet demand. Other major industries expected to benefit from increased automation will be refinery and electronics industries, which will see some $300 billion spent in productivity increases.

Tsukumo CEO Kurosawa Shigemasa and his two sons, Kurosawa Shigeyori and Kurosawa Shigenobu were believed to have been meeting with the Imperial Council during the signing, with the focus of the meeting likely concluding with the planned release of 1.2 million Ralkovian Slaves in key industries receiving automation updates. An action that Imperial Analyst Sasha Kuranvi and many others see as a gift of friendship and good-faith.

"In other parts of the World, slavery is seen as being evil or wrong, because other nations believe sentience is enough to be granted basic rights. Hence why they allow horses, parrots, birds, and dolphins join in meetings with people. The Tsukumo corporation has dealings with many of these countries, and it would likely be seen as good for PR at home and abroad if they 'rescued' slaves out of the deal," stated Sasha Kuranvi appearing on RNN news network earlier today.

The family later attended the celebrations after the event, along with other Tsukumo delegates, at the Central Spire in Raskovia, enjoying a party where a mix of Ralkovian and Nifon foods were served, including Mochi and Ralkovian Rice and Grape Wine.

"Tsukumo Zaibatsu hopes to be a global force for good, solving problems which the governments can't; and I firmly believe in power of free market to solve those problems," CEO Kurosawa Shigemasa said during Press Conference earlier this morning.

The CEO of the mega-conglomerate also had spared some nice words of Ralkovia.

"I have to say the Ralkovians were quite different than I expected them to be; Traf-san was polite and very honorable. I hope that our deals would continue in the future, and...will pave a way for...Ralkovia."

Science
  • Earth-like Planet discovered just 20 light-years away
  • Welcome to the Jungle: how the Orbus Colony is revolutionizing how we grow crops
  • The Emperor's Eye completes first orbit around Neptune
  • Scientists all agree; you shouldn't feed your slaves more than 3 times a day

EDITORIALS&OPINIONS
  • Mokastana: The Most Dangerous Nation in GD?
  • UWO: ALLY OR ENEMY?
  • Potthan's Northern Coastline: Terror Fort or New Vacation Hotspot
  • The Scandinvan Empire and the TGT: Whose Victory Would Help Ralkovia More?
  • The Emperor shouldn't have to help Ralkovians; an explanation on why our Emperor should be more selfish

Last edited by Ralkovian Grand Island on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

Barjaanistan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Barjaanistan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Barjaani Chronicle
Reporting for Barjaanistan since 1987

Picture: Potthani Terror Brigade militants

The northwestern-most city of Jaykalav is officially under a rogue state after police and military forces have been driven from the city by PTB militants that were "heavily armed and had an array of armored vehicles and anti-tank personnel" as reported by Sgt. Jahaam Nagaydah, a survivor of the attack. It is unclear when Barjaani Military can capture the city back, but many estimates claim this is the first of many attacks so a proper defense of nearby cities "are a priority of the military as of currently" as stated by Colonel Mohammad Al'Gizara.

An official death toll hasn't been estimated, but it is estimated nearly 13,000 died in the attack, roughly 3,500 of which were civilians including women and children. Military experts fear this number will climb as Jaykalav had a fairly large Muslim population and had a gay community housed there as well.

Many tributes are already starting to make their way, and public outcries by many officials and social figures have been given.

AHSCA
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Yes I'm a weeb, what more do you want?

AHSCA News Agency
-United Island Office of Public Information and Culture-

Hurricane Coverage 20XX

"Good evening those listening through satellite radio and watching on broadcast satellite at home and around the world, I am Theodora Scott reporting. We continue our coverage of the storm approaching the AHSCA isles at this time, UNIMO has been tracking the storm for the last week and has issued hurricane alerts for the islands. Winds are expected to be sustained at 80 knots and is expected to hold at moderate storm stage but caution is urged for those close to the coast to seek shelter inland as high storm surge is expected. Let's go out to field reporter Alice Erena she's been enduring much of this storm to bring us live coverage outside as it happens. Alice can you hear me?"

"AAH! Yes, Theo! I'm live from the Embassy Isle where it has been on complete lock down all visiting embassy staff are safe and secure inside as well as any foreign diplomatic personal on visit and the UNIDF is right now, as we speak getting ready to mobilize once the storm is over to begin the recovery efforts. I've been allowed to stand outside just to show how furious of a storm this is shaping to be right now, it's getting to the point I can hardly even stand. The rain is pounding it's flying in sideways right now, the winds out of the west as this storm treks closer and closer. I've also spoken to some of the meteorologists tracking it is expected to directly hit Aurora within the next few hours and trek entirely through the islands so this is a wide impacting storm on a direct west-to-east-track. Though this storm is on the lower end of storms we've had before everyone is still urging people to be mindful of it and prepare. A little context just a few meters from where I am there was a makeshift shed and it's gone now just taken by the wind so it's safe to say most structures won't stand against this wind unless they've been braced and prepared for. Back to you in the studio."

"Thank you Alice, stay safe out there. Now Duchess Villa has issued a mandatory curfew until recovery is complete to allow the ease of UNIDF and UNIPD to work and all Governors have followed suit to prepare their islands. As for my co-anchor Momoe Tomoe she is currently visiting her family here on Aurora Island taking her vacation just before the storm was tracked to hit our islands and we wish her safety and hope she'll be back with us soon. We'll be keeping tabs on this storm as more develops in the meantime in other happenings on the islands."

IICP Rally Change

"The Inter Island Communist Party planned rally on Animalpolis has been changed in wake of the coming storm. Planned for tomorrow the rally has been postponed until further notice. Party head Aoi Miyamori (pictured) has encouraged her party members and those wishing to attend to commit to the need of service of the islands and their family and neighbors. The party is hoping to make a big push for significant Congressional gains in the next election, even hoping to beat out the standing minority party of the National Liberal Party and overtaking the also favored National Lesbian Party. Miyamori is also putting off a trip to nearby Carnelian Island until the rally can be held."

Holy Festival Opening Up?

"The Festival of the Holy Mother may be getting more international tourism, the annual celebration that marks the end of the harvest season before the onset of the monsoons is celebrated every year and has remained an island tradition for the better part of two centuries now. The tradition has also largely been limited to natives of the islands but in a greater effort to show the beauty of AHSCA culture, Duchess Villa and Officer of Public Information and Culture, Shizuka Gozen have hoped to make a tourist friendly area on Aurora during the festival. There are natives who stand strongly opposed to it and many village leaders have stated they will not allow any foreigner to intrude on their sacred rituals. This year, High Priestess Angphi Kodo is organizing the event and we reached out to see what the stance of the Church is on this matter. In accordance with her orthdox wishes she allowed herself to be photographed but refused to be put on camera but was willing to provide us this statements."

The festival being restricted to native islanders, immigrated or natural born has primarily been a cultural one more so than anything based in scripture or divine revelation. The the traditions and customs are understood (usually) to believers and followers of the faith and can still fall in line with the commandment of Cause no suffering and wage no evil to one who has not caused suffering or evil unto you.. The Church supports the Cultural Office's efforts to educate more on our faith and ways of life but also stands by those who abide by the most sacred of traditions and wish to keep it among the faithful."

Duchess Villa has also stated that an open to the public festival will be a non binding resolution in Congress and villages will be allowed to restrict as they see fit but the open air Aurora Square will remain open to all who visit from far off lands."

UNIMO: Expect Rougher Seas This Season

"And our final story before the break if you are planning on traveling this coming season the Meteorology Office warns that travel conditions will be much tougher this season compared to last. An active El Niño pattern in the Southern GD Seas has meant more active and potent weather fronts will be likely across the sub-regional area. Ships likely to be affected are those moving between AHSCA, outlying islands, Southern Motokata and its outlying Islands, outside the region states such as Carnelian Island. Passenger ships, fishing vessels and small trade vessels are advised to be mindful of these conditions when preparing and planning travel on the ocean. Naval patrols from the UNIDF have said they will continue extra patrols and rescue any distressed craft."

"We will now take a half-hour-break but will return as needed for continuing hurricane coverage. From the Cultural and Media office, I am Theodora Scott, reporting."

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:02 pm

It has just bee reported that messages have been sent out to all nations with foreign delegations and diplomatic teams in the Republic of Vectors, with a notice of turbulent times. This message makes the nations aware that the Republic may not be as safe as normal, so recalling their citizens and staff may be wise.
We are not sure if any nations have heeded this warning and temporarily withdrew, but we are sure that soon the answer will be made public.

Reporting from Victory, Rov, this is your online correspondence only here on United Newsline, James Mattersi.
The Supernation of the Republic of Vectors. factbook for more details.

Top 0.1% for world's largest defense force (164th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's largest arms manufacturing sector (312th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's safest (315th in the world)

Embassy Program

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:45 am

Nanhilj Hussein
@YoLadiesImSingle
Awful lot of explosions in Bokan right now. #Bokan
RETWEETSFAVORITES
11:21 am - 18 Jun 17

Senator Jacques Perier
@SenJacquesPerier
Premier Adams is throttling government expenditures and waste with social reform while his military campaign in Potthan is failing. Sad!
RETWEETSFAVORITES
61k150k
9:57 am - 18 Jun 17

CBC World Service
@CBCWorldService
Preliminary reports from naval commanders say that Bokan initial missile attack a success, air operations to commence shortly. #PotthanCrisis
RETWEETSFAVORITES
23k96k
9:23 am - 18 Jun 17

James Laughlin
@LateNightWithLaughlin
I often get confused about who we're at war with. We're at war with Bothan but didn't a lot of Bothans die to bring us vital information?
RETWEETSFAVORITES
43k68k

7:32 am - 18 Jun 17
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:20 pm

With federal elections coming in on the horizon, today we have the first look at the candidates, one of which will be representing the Republic of Vectors for the next term. The list, disclosed this morning from Government Place in Victory, hosts the names of the candidates who made it past the vetting process and are eligible for election.

Anthony Diseer
Anthony Diseer is a fifty year old man who was born into the Diseer bloodline, making him heir of one of the largest corporation in the Republic. Anthony claims that he is concentrated on the fundamental values the country was built on, respect, integrity and discipline. For the past while Anthony has been the forefront of the care group Anthony’s Angels, which provides assistance to the poor in over fifty cities. Anthony suggests decreasing spending on the military and increasing business investment to lower prices for the common people. Furthermore, he wants to eliminate environmental laws and increase foreign aid spending. Pro: Business, Economy, Aid - Con: military, Environment

Silica Dannick
Silica Dannick is a forty nine year old man who has been a long time party member and has achieved great prominence in the current government. Silica has overseen several successful projects over the recent years, and has introduced several popular laws and regulations such as the Homeless Care Act and the Perishable Goods Act. Silica suggests increasing the military’s power projection throughout Greater Dienstad, and developing closer relations with our neighbors. Silica suggests expanding the militia program and cutting religion’s budget. Pro: Military, Trade - Con: Religion, Environment,

Bojvi Sublina
Bojvi Soblima is a thirty eight year old man, and the youngest running for Presidency. Joining the Vectorian Armed Forces at seventeen, Bojvi rose in ranks to becoming a Captain by twenty nine through extraordinary talent and leadership. Bojvi has degrees in political science, international relations, and logistics all accomplished while serving in the military. Eight years ago Bojvi took to politics, where he came out from being the underdog to one of President Justus’s current advisors. Bojvi has the Presidents nomination, which carries significant sway by party members. Bojvi is set on maintaining the military’s strength while reformatting its ageing doctrine. This candidate looks to attract new economic growth to send Vectors into a new age of prosperity through reducing resource imports from foreign countries and increasing domestic production. Pro: Military, self-dependence, Traditional values, Economy - Con: Large government, High taxes

Reporting from Victory, Rov, this is your online correspondence only here on United Newsline, James Mattersi.

Official Release from the Republic of Vectors Government Communications Section

In light of recent high level phone call between the Republic of Vectors and the The Recon Empire, the Republic of Vectors extends an invitation to the Deputy Ambassador to Vectors, Sandra Kalistone from the Recon Empire to attend the Potthan conference as a concerned nation. The Recon Empire, longtime friends of the Republic of Vectors, will serve as a competent advisory team to the Recon Empire and equally the Republic of Vectors as to these sensitive issues. While it remains unknown the extent to which Vectors, and even the international community, will partake in actions for/against Potthan.

Sir Wallace McGowall, Ambassador to Vectors and Colonel-General Shannon L. Brooks Commanding General of RRAF Republic of Vectors, are among a highly respected assortment of individuals that have the honor of meeting directly with the Republic of Vectors President and similar high ranking personnel in the coveted, and highly restricted Mount Olive. The Reconian representatives are the first foreigners in the history of Mount Olive to be allowed access to the site, claimed Mount Olive commander ‘Darius W.’ The subject of the meeting shall be focused on the unfolding events regarding Potthan and its associates, the Grand Ralkovian Empire, The People's Unified Federation of Mokastana and The Empire of Sawashima among others. Directly speaking face to face with the Recon Empire representatives will hopefully serve a better and more fulfilling purpose than a telephone call.

The 32nd Carrier Battle Fleet, and the 1st Coast Guard ‘Defenders’ Fleet will be accompanying the Recon Empires 8th Pacific Fleet to conduct a ‘high risk’ navy exercise to ensure operational readiness. While refining the combat abilities, the exercise also serves the purpose of a warning against potential foes that the Republic is not to be reckoned with. The 32nd is relocating from its defensive position west of Vectors to the North-North-West coast while the 1st Defenders assets in that area prepare to receive the Reconians. The 8th Pacific Fleet has been based at the Republic of Vectors and serves as a power projection force of the Recon Empire within Greater Dienstead.
Last edited by Republic of Vectors on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Supernation of the Republic of Vectors. factbook for more details.

Top 0.1% for world's largest defense force (164th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's largest arms manufacturing sector (312th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's safest (315th in the world)

Embassy Program

Potthan
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Potthan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:11 pm

IMPERIAL NEWS NETWORK
Telling you the facts since 1903

Imperial Senate meets to discuss placement of Prime Minister

Senate discussion room

The Imperial Senate has been called for a hearing of a new law that places a Prime Minister elected by majority vote to represent Potthan. This is part of the new campaign by the political party known as The Agadeshi Pact. The emperor has yet to make official statements, however he's expressed great joy in seeing a new style of government approach in Potthan. However this bill is fought with great effort by The Golden Path Elders. As for the Senators, it's very diversified in opinions so it will be interesting to say the least when a press conference is held and yours truly gets a word in with the politicians.

If a Prime Minister does get placed, who will it be? Simple answer is: You decide! The Agadeshi Pact wishes to bring a foreign style of government called "Democracy" into the Empire. Funny name, however it brings great power to even the little people. The common people. Many of the opposition claim this grants too much freedom to those who are not smart or unqualified in politics, which is a reasonable enough analysis of the situation. But if a government is supposed to exist for it's people, it makes sense to have it's people inside of it. You share your thoughts using #PotthaniVote now!

This article was approved by the Senate of Media and Information

More Articles You'll Love:
Hot Mess: Are Potthani shows too raunchy?
LOL: Is texting really hurting teen learning?
Got your back: $15 Million given to police programs.

2,303 Comments
Major political parties: Imperial Potthani Senate, Potthani Supremacy Party, Potthani Fascist Alliance, Senate of the Emperor

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Pictured: Senator Jacques Perier, the Senator-at-Large of the Castillian Republic to the Grand Castillian Senate, announces that he intends to run against incumbent Premier Henry J. Adams for the Premiership in next year's election. (Photo courtesy, Associated Media)

Perier Announces Bid for Premiership
Perier's announcement signifies that opposition to the Adams Premiership may present challenges to the Premier, whose approval ratings are dropping
Julianna de la Fuerte (@JFuerteCBS)
June 19th, 2017 1:31 PM | Antietam, Castillian SU

ANTIETAM, Castille de Italia — Senator Jacques Perier, one of the Grand Castillian Senate's most prolific and remarkably extreme senators, has announced that he intends to run for the nomination to the Premiership against incumbent Premier Henry J. Adams, sparking what will be a heated race to secure the nomination for the Premiership from the Social Party, of which Adams and Perier are both members of.

Perier made the announcement today in front of cameras and a large crowd in the Antietam Olympic Stade de Nationale, where he promised to be a 'voice of those who have not been heard by the current administration.'

Perier is widely known for heading the unofficial nationalist faction in the Social Party, which opposite to the loyalist faction of the Premier, has essentially split the party into two. Critics have coined Perier's group of firebrand conservatives in the party as the 'unofficial Opposition' to the Premier, as the Official Opposition belongs to the Labour Party. Civil rights groups have called some of Perier's rhetoric 'hate speech' as his speeches in the Senate, most notably his filibuster of the Budgetary Allowance for the Premier's Government for Fiscal Year 2018 last month, which almost led to a government shutdown, Perier noted that 'coloreds', referring to Panoolies, 'are not entitled to receive the rights of citizens if they are not citizens.' While many conservatives applauded his filibuster, which Perier ended once he received confirmation that a critical part of the spending bill which entitled Panoolie refugees healthcare and free housing was removed, Senators from the loyalist side, Labour, and the Closian National Party widely detested his statement.

In his campaign announcement for the Premiership, Perier said that 'no longer will hardworking Castillians, Closians, Clasdonians, and Viridians have to suffer to the intake of refugees from other nations, who take away jobs from our workers, if I am elected Premier, I will ensure that we get tough on immigration, that we ensure that our people come first.'

He was also not hesitant to criticize Premier Adams on his policies. 'We have a Premier who releases his doctrine saying he will not pursue war, then sends a naval fleet all the way across Dienstad, and fails to effectively tame a third-world country through his mighty Punitive Expedition. I mean the man is doing everything he can to destabilize our Union. He wants to give Panoolie, Kashubian, Potthani, and Castellan refugees citizenship just like that. Mind you that these countries are some of the most terror-ridden countries out there. The people coming in from San Castello especially, I mean I speak to Union Immigration agents and from what they say that these people are criminals, vagabonds, rapists, and well I assume that there's a few good ones but for the most part these people don't care about our values, they care about spreading like a disease.'

'If I'm elected Premier, which honestly at this point from what my people tell me I probably will be, I'll make sure that we get these people out,' said Perier at his announcement. 'I can promise you that I can do better than Adams and his compadres. I mean the cronyism in Mountbatten Manor right now is unreal. The Premier doesn't care about you, he cares only for himself and his friends.'

The total announcement speech lasted about 53 minutes, making it holding the new record for the longest campaign announcement speech in history. Perier in the speech also stated that rolling back a lot of the social reform that offers entitlements to incoming refugees, under the Adams Hospitality Program, will be a major part of his platform. Other priorities on Perier's agenda would be extending the Castillian Central Worker's Adminstration, by improving infrastructure and creating hundreds of public works projects. He praised the current Director of Public Works, Holly Northrup and even mentioned that if elected, he would offer her to keep the position.

'Mrs. Northrup is doing a fantastic job, and honestly is the only competent member of the Adams Administration,' he said. 'The people he appointed to represent the Union at home and abroad, they're all complete jokes. They are opportunists and they are robbing the Castillian people. It's sad!'

Perier even went as far to criticize Emperor Fedor of the Golden Throne, who he said 'supports and condones terrorism by providing material support to oppressive regimes and terror groups.' Perier referenced the fact that the Golden Throne had provided military logistics and assets to the Potthani government shortly before the Castillian Sixth Expeditionary Fleet arrived began operations against Jericho's regency.

Mountbatten Manor remained relatively quite until later in the afternoon, when Mountbatten Manor Press Secretary Gilles Peterson denounced Perier's campaign and his speech as an example of 'Vaughn apologism at its finest.' He even quoted the Premier directly, who told Peterson that he took Perier's speech as a 'personal attack on [his] reputation and that [he] is offended by Perier's remarks.'

Currently, Premier Adams' popularity is slipping. His approval ratings have dropped ten points from 62% to 52%, an all time low.

Senior Reporter Julianna de la Fuerte contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • BREAKING: Fmr Chancellor Vaughn: 'The Ordenites Are Coming' [ 349818 ]
  • Perier 2018: How it impacts the Grand Castillian Senate [ 81276 ]
  • Lead detective perjures himself in Montana trial, invokes Rite of Silence [ 67521 ]
  • Mokan Federales capture Tatomese drug compound, finds Potthanese sex slaves [ 514328 ]

© CBC 2017
Last edited by Castille de Italia on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 am

ORDENCHE - RUNDFUNK - GESELLSCHAFT

ORDENITE BROADCASTING CORPORATION

REICHS-MINISTRY OF PROPAGANDA AND ENLIGHTENMENT

First Castillian divisions swear loyalty to the Reichsfuhrer during Wehrmacht inauguration.
General Hans Diel: "With these brave men, we will lead the liberation of, Our Viridia."

Reichersdorf, Germania- The first Castillian born divisions under the Deutsche Wehrmacht were officially inaugurated in Reichersdorf, at least two divisions have been created since the in-take of Castillian nationals looking to escape likely exploitation and persecution under the Castillian Social Union. Now, some and soon to be more have taken up arms under the Deutsche Wehrmacht in preparation for the eventual liberation of their homeland, Viridia. As part of the inauguration the Castillian men under the Wehrmacht swore their undying loyalty and allegiance to the Reichsfuhrer Oswald Grossmann, In attendance of course, Field Marshall Enrich Matzky of the 72nd Armeegruppe of the Deutsche Wehrmacht in which the Castillian divisions will be attached to in the order of battle. Also in attendance was General Hans Diel who no later then when arriving in the Greater Fourth Reich, took up his duty as a proud National socialist and warrior, re-enlisted under the Deutsche Wehrmacht and was promptly allowed to keep his current rank of General and will be personally overseeing Castillian forces within the Deutsche Wehrmacht. Field Marshall Preston Cameron was also present for the historic event in both Castillian and Ordenite history, one that would be remembered as to the solidarity present between Castillian and Ordenite volk-communities. General Hans Diel after the official swearing in of the new Castillian divisions, presented a speech on the future of Castillians in the Greater Germanic Realm, and the duty of these Castillian soldiers within the Deutsche Wehrmacht.

"My Castillian soldiers, patriots, fellow National socialists..." General Hans Diel made this speech in front of all 25,000 Castillian men who make up the newly formed 2nd and 3rd Castillian Panzergreinadier Divisions.

"The duty of the Castillian now is ever more crucial for the survival of our race and nation. Even though Viridia is under occupation, by forces led by those in Mokastana. We in the Greater Germanic Realm, have taken a sworn oath under the Deutsche Wehrmacht, this step will lead us soon to the liberation of our nation as a whole and the re-building of the National Socialist state." It has been also confirmed that a expansion of the Castillian branch of the Waffen SS will also occur with the forming of a new division to follow the first one who saw much of the horrors during the war in Kysetia.

"... With these brave men we will lead the liberation of, Our Viridia."

Imbrinium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Imbrinium » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:40 pm

A special news report from Imbrinium broadcasting company IBC.

Today has been a busy day in the news around the crown and region today, topping today’s stories is a anti-terror raids in East Mordent and the RIN deploying Regional Patrol Fleets to the blood sea to make sure shipping and trade routes are left open after Timocratic Republic decided to put in new regulations around the blood sea, and finally the crown has spoken out about the actions in and around Potthan.

But first anti-terror raids took place last night and early this morning all over East Mordent, these raids were conducted by anti-terror police of East Mordent and the Imbrinium national police joint terror task force members including local military and IAF units. The raids ended with 48 arrests and 5 injured and 3 killed with only 4 law enforcement personnel being injured. These raids were part of a larger plan to crack down on anti-monarchy and anti-Imbriniumian groups in the country.

The Royal Imbrinium Navy is deploying three regional patrol groups in the area of the blood sea and Timocratic Republic to monitor their naval operation in the area due to new regulatory restrictions on shipping moving in that area. The RPGs will be making sure that shipping not going into the blood sea isn’t stopped and that the Timocratic Navy isn’t boarding and searching shipping not entering their waters.

Finally, the crown and foreign affairs office has issued a statement today concerning the crisis in Potthan. The Crown has stated that the actions of the government inside the area aren’t being condoned but it is stating that it’s a free and sovereign country and its will on its people shouldn’t be any other nations business and that countries should back down and back away. The reason there are other nations in the region who offend murder and torture their own people and other from other nations. Potthan has the right to do as it sees fit inside its borders and other nations should respect that and butt out. those who chose to belong to the international community, and civil rights of Potthan are just that Potthan’s not those of any other nation in the region, with the only exception is slavery.

The crown has order along with Philotas Islands navies to send six fleets to the area to keep the peace and act as a rapid reaction force.
Last edited by Imbrinium on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
"Deus vult" is Latin for "God wills it" and it was the cry of the people at the declaration of the First Crusade by Pope Urban II at the Council of Clermont in 1095.
#MAGA, WWG1WGA , Q

Morrdh
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 16, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Morrdh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Commonwealth: "We Seek Peaceful Co-operation, Not Conflict"

TUKTAR:- Whilst the Tuktar Referendum result may not have been to everyone's liking, the Commonwealth has stated that it wishes to pursue peaceful co-operations with Tuktar's neighbours.

Tensions run high as relations with Kashubia and Zvezda remain cool, Morridane Forces Tuktar has reported continued skirmishes with militia groups from both nations despite a plea from the Commonwealth for the groups to be clamped down on by their respective governments. Both the Tuktar and Morridane governments are keen to open up more border crossings and wish to open up diplomatic dialogue with Tuktar's neighbours in hopes of brokering an agreement. Amongst the offers is dual Commonwealth-Kashubia and Commonwealth-Zvezdan passports for Tuktar citizens, remain a neutral player in the ongoing Kashubian-Zvezdan conflict, restrict itself to non-war material goods with both nations and allow a second referendum if the citizens of Tuktar want one.

Though on a cautionary note, the Commonwealth has stated that if either nation takes action against Tuktar the Commonwealth would be forced to throw its support behind the other nation. It is hoped that both Kashubia and Zvezda will take heed as either could potentially end up fighting two enemies. Additionally the Commonwealth has stated that a squadron from the Royal Morridane Navy will be detached from Mordent Station to create a new Tuktar based fleet whilst other military units from New Garrack will be deployed to Tuktar on two years long tours alongside their Morridane counterparts.
Irish/Celtic Themed Nation - Factbook

In your Uplink, hijacking your guard band.

Potthan
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Potthan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 pm

IMPERIAL NEWS NETWORK

Legion Deployed in Arujaan as Civil Tension Arises

It seems as if the domestic terror group "Democratic Potthan" is back at it even after their defeat in the Potthani Civil War (1999-2004). After condemning the totally justified use of police action in Kavash they have carried on the assassination of Duke Naganh Kahnai. It seems as if a trend of petty uprisings has come forth in recent events, however the Legion Officials assure Democratic Potthan and similar groups will be silenced soon. Civilians are being evacuated to Hamaan and passive police investigations are taking place.

Yanhi Kanav, a popular Potthani pop singer has stated at her concert in Agadesh "The last thing our beautiful Potthan needs is division. So many forces be at bay with guns already.". In statements by Legion officers, they want to "make this situation as peaceful and not try to have another Kavash on our hands.". However Legionaries are only trained in one thing: the art of war, to which they do well. Talks of a special task force to help fight off insurgencies and other domestic tension are being made in Agadesh.

Mokastana
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:40 pm

MNN: SPECIAL REPORT!!!
News so short your can't help but read the full story...

TOP STORY:

The United States of Tatom officially begins separation from Mejico, Deal made in Mokastana City

Mokastana City

With tensions rising in Mejico, and a loss of political prestige by the Liberal Party, on the even of an election, President Pablo Diego of the Republic of Mejico formally agreed to the deal made by Acting President of the Federation Rutilio Gomez. As of next year January President Alejandro Tennent of Tatom will be given a seat on the Federal Heads of State Council, and the Nation of Tatom has been granted the ability to elect 25 Senators to run in this years election, effectively making it the largest group of Senators being elected simultaneously in Federal History. Tatom will retain control of the Rosewell Spaceport, and handle imports and exports in their respective ports. They agreed to work on a treaty where Tatom helps maintain the Federal Rail line that connects El Sur to Mejico, and now leads into the Tatom city of Rosewell.

Cheers could be heard in the traditional, and now official, Capital City of Santa Franco. The Federal Flag will soon be modified to include an eighth star for the new member of their Federation.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
Trust the Mokans to be armed even when among their allies
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

Moka you are a land of pimps, prostitutes, drug lords, and corruption.
We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Lakán's Ex-Girlfriend Authorized To Enter "Royalty Crucible"
Kara H. Valdestamon
Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth

BENEVOLENCIA, R.D., R.P.C. - Elizabeth Cristal, the ex-girlfriend of the incumbent Lakán, has been authorized by the Royal Family to enter the Royalty Crucible, a 4 year-long period of training and examination to determine the fittest person to be the spouse of the incumbent monarch - in this case, to become the wife of the incumbent Lakán. Elizabeth and His Majesty have made headlines last year for breaking up due to orders from the Royal Family, whose head is still former Lakán Alexander I despite having stepped down due to old age (monarchs in the Royal Commonwealth are required to step down by the age of 60, which is the universal retirement age for all Palmyrians).

In a Setsuzoku post, the Lakán apparently represented the opinion of the Royal Family regarding the issue:
It is decided; my ex-girlfriend is going to enter the Royalty Crucible to determine if she is going to be my wife or not. I can say this from nearly 10 years of dating her from her mid teen to her mid-20s: her wits match that of mine.

I still love her as my girlfriend, and because of that it was quite saddening for me to break up with her. Pretty much any woman in the Royal Commonwealth has an equal opportunity to become my right-hand woman in statecraft, and Elizabeth Cristal is one of them.

The feminist group "Kakampi ni Juana" (Joanna's Ally) proclaims the decision as "reflective of progressive ideals taking root in a largely conservative nation", but "criticizes the Crucible's physical education training because of borrowing much fro, the Military Basic Combat Training", stating that "while it is imperative that the future Lakambini deserves to be trained for self-defense, seeing that the nature of her future work puts her life at risk, military training is just too much".

The Royalty Crucible tests the fitness of various candidates for Royal Spouse in the fields of statecraft, home economics, and combat.
The four-year training period integrates home economics, military officer training, BS Political Science, and BS Economics into one course;
the Royalty Crucible has gained infamy in the past as a physically and mentally challenging course; however, many consider her prospects in the mental aspect to be shining, having graduated with flying colors from the Palmyrian Science High School system which has also gained infamy because of the difficulty of its science-centered course.

MORE IN International
  • The United States of Tatom officially begins separation from Mejico, Deal made in Mokastana City [ 1119 ]
  • Ralkovian-Tsukumo Contract For $3 Trillion Signed [ 1137 ]
  • Military action in Potthan raises tensions in the region [ 1172 ]

Comments [ 225,113,456 ]
    © The Ayala Worldwide Inquirer 1825
Last edited by Palmyrion on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Statesboro Herald

International News

Forming Far East Freindships

Recently in the far off People's Unified Federation of Mokastana, it is election time but it is having an effect here at home as well. Due to many ties between our great nation and Mokastana people are taking an interest including the big businesses.

Three major corporations here have come together to form a 'Political Support Group' in Mokastana. O'Malley Heavy Industires, Eastwood and Wayne Arms Company, and O'Conner Natural Industries have come together and formed the "Friends From the West" Political Support Group or FFW PSG. All three corporations have contributed a total of 750 million Timocrtic Republic Dollars (TRD) to the FFW.

The FFW is supporting The People’s Party(ARP) and New Conservative Party(COP). A spokesman from the FFW said at a press conference "These parties are closest in our own ideals and goals and wish to support our fellow man in whatever legal manner we can." The FFW plans to support all of the candidates from each party as they each persue there own elections, though some think that is is merely an attempt to get more pro Timocratic Republic candidates in offices.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

United World Order
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:31 pm

F R E E • D Ì E N S T A D I • P R E S S

Two billion dollar contract deal for PMC deployment to the Krasnovan Republic approved.
Friekorps Germania to deploy up to 15,000 for internal security and training of the Krasnovan Army.
Joesf Lazric (@Josef_Lazricc_FDP)
July 6th, 20XX 1:09 PM | Ol'hovka, Capital of the Krasnovan Republic.

Ol'hovka, Krasnova - In a historic deal involving the Krasnovan Republic and a PMC known as 'Freikorps Germania' which is said to be mostly made up of Ordenite veterans, they are known to be of a professional status and are rumored among many in the free world to be covertly pushing a pro-Reich agenda in the war zones and unstable countries it gets deployed to. A contract deal with the Ordenite PMC has been officially calculated to be worth 2 billion dollars, and officially from the Krasnovan government and Friekorps Germania, fifteen thousand of it's contractors will be deploying to the Krasnovan Republic for internal security and training of the Krasnovan Army. This comes with the Krasnovan president, Viktor Kendrov addressing the Ivanovka crisis in which the city has for the past two years been a hot spot for crime and anarchism. He would go on to label those who partook in the riots and general mayhem as "terrorists" and that all the power within the Krasnovan government and Military will be used to bring "law and order" back to Ivanovka. In recent times, the conflicted region containing the Krasnovan Republic, the Pezlevko-Rubino Satrapy and the Unified Eastern Soviet States or simply Zvezda. Now with the Morridane takeover of the now conflicted city of Tuktar, It is looking like more is brewing than what is known to the general public and to local nation-states.

F R E E • D Ì E N S T A D I • P R E S S

Historic: Reichsfuhrer Grossmann extends a olive branch with the People's Unified Federation.
Mokastana: The general public is in shock as news comes of a possible ploy for normal relations by the Ordenite Fourth Reich.
Fred Hoffman (@Fred_Hoffman_FDP)
July 7th, 20XX 4:06 PM | Mokastana City, People's Republic of the Islands and Tierra Nueva.

Mokastana City, Mokastana - In a unannounced fashion and a certain turn of events in the strained relations between the Fourth Reich and the People's Unified Federation generally being over influence in certain areas of Greater Dienstad. It has been confirmed that a diplomatic deal has been proposed and drafted for the beginning of a return of relations between the two historically belligerent powers, that has seen millions of innocent people suffering and or killed. The move coming from the Fourth Reich has made this a very pressing and possibly the most pressing matter of diplomacy seen in Greater Dienstad in years. The proposed deal involves the recognition of the Peoples Unified Federation and all it's affiliated entities by the Fourth Reich, also asking for the same in return. Furthermore It has been said that the Reichsfuhrer has requested at the behest of the Mokan government that it "carefully and wisely" chooses a reasonable plan for negotiations between the Reich and the Peoples Unified Federation on known hot-spots between the two local powers. This proposal was done in-front of a joint session of the Ordenite government and the Party in which was addressed to a audience of over 100,000 and was praised for being a display of "Ordenite values and honor" that it would propose such a deal with it's literal enemy in the region. Other details of the proposed diplomatic deal are also about the establishment of permanent embassies in both nations, as before their have been no official ways of communication between the two, a moderator and bridge for communication between the two has largely been the Golden Throne. It has also asked of the enforcing of the current treaty that had been propsed and agreed upon between all belligerents during the 2nd Kysetian war, once again addressing the current dilemma involving the Commenwealth out-right annexing the city of Tuktar under what has been called a "hostile takeover" and a "bluff" by foreign commentators about the Tuktar referendum and it's outcome, with critics claiming that the Morridanes played dirty and were looking for any way to keep some foreign territory abroad, likely to help it's exhausted economy after a brutal war.
Last edited by United World Order on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents