NATION

PASSWORD

RaiderVision 2017!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

RaiderVision 2017!

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:50 pm

RAIDERVISION EVENT HANDBOOK 2017
Inspired by FRAVision ~ Materials adapted with permission from Wop

TABLE OF CONTENTS

• I. What is RaiderVision?
  • II. How do I join? What songs can I submit?
  • III. How does judging work? When does it start?
  • IV. When is the awards ceremony? What are the prizes?

I. What is RaiderVision?

RaiderVision is an OOC song contest, largely based on the recently-ended FRAVision Song Contest, which is in turn based on the real life Eurovision Song Contest. As FRAVision put it –

“What isn't FRAVision? FRAVision is the answer to everything, the greatest way to win over the subject(s) of your affection, and the only verifiable way to actually "win" the game of NationStates.”

...While none of that is 100% true per se, RaiderVision is a cultural event unlike any other on NS. This event features regions and players from across the game coming together to participate in a fun and competitive, song contest. FRAVision ran for four years, and The Black Hawks are excited to be carrying on its spirit of inter-regional, game-wide community into a new era.

Simply put, RaiderVision is a contest where players represent their regions and submit their songs. Player(s) can submit songs on behalf of their region and, if they win, the player will receive an individual prize and their region will have the honor of being the host of next year’s event! In the name of simplicity of organization, the event will remain on the already-known RaiderCon forums, but the winning region will be given powers on our forum to run the next contest as host. We intend for this to minimize past drama concerning whether the winning region is active enough to set up a new forum and organize this, as well as whether than can be trusted as admin.

This event's hosts are the winners from 2016, Albion, and administrators are the members of The Black Hawks’ Council of Hawks. As its name implies, the event is being run as an event under the RaiderCon umbrella, but like the con, it is in spirit and in practice an event for everyone, from every alignment, and we really do hope that you'll enjoy it. Whether you submit a song or just want to tune in and listen, there's no avoiding the fact that there is much fun to be had during these awesome weeks!

As always, the RaiderCon Forums can be found HERE.. If you've attended a RaiderCon event in the past, you should already be masked to see RaiderVision 2017!

II. How do I join? What songs can I submit?

Information to Know:

1. Submissions are open from June 16th until June 30th. Anyone may submit a song.
  2. One song per contestant. There is no limit on how many songs can be submitted on a single region's behalf, but regions should remember that having votes in their favor split between several entries can hurt their odds of winning during the judging period. For this reason, we will continue to offer players the option to flag their entries as "non-competing."
  3. You can submit any sort of song you like. It can be a cover of a real song (e.g. you can sing something by Lil’ Dicky, Death Cab for Cutie, or The Killers), you can write an original work, or it can be related to your nation. Writing lyrics related to NS is another fun option. It's your choice, and long as it involves your own work in some way!
  4. The song can be hosted in whatever way we can see it. Youtube or a reliable online mp3 host is recommended. If you're not sure how to do this, feel free to contact me for assistance.
  5. You can sing, but you don't have to sing. Simply playing an instrument, or even pursuing some outrageous avant-garde collection of humming machines, is a valid entry. Once again, you get complete control over what you submit. Don't be afraid to take advantage of that fact!

How to Submit

Contestants post the following form in the Submissions Forum to enter themselves into the contest.

Topic Title: (Name of individual, group or region)'s Entry

Name of Candidate:
Name of Entry:
Inspiration/Description of Entry:
Entry: (link to video, song or posting of lyrics)
Why should you win?

Do you want this song to be flagged as non-competing (e.g. will not be judged as a regional entry) Choosing this is only advisable if your region has already submitted a song.

III. How does judging work?

Judging occurs from July 1st – July 6th

Once the submission phase is over, all voting attendees will be able vote on their preferred songs. Voting attendees will rate their top 5 songs in order of preference (awarding their favorite 12 points, then 10 points, 8 points and so forth). This will be done by posting their votes in a designated thread. Anyone who submits an entry may vote. Any region participating may also send an official representative to vote on behalf of their region. Voting for oneself is not against the rules, but is traditionally discouraged. There will also be a public poll for this year’s awarding of The Crowd Favorite!

IV. When is the awards ceremony? What are the prizes?

On July 7th, the Awards Ceremony will commence. The following awards are given:

1. First Place Entry - Whole Note Award (Gold)
2. Second Place Entry - Half Note Award (Silver)
3. Third Place Entry - Quarter Note Award (Bronze)
4. Crowd Favorite – The Moves Like Jakker Award

The first place contestant's region is also given the privilege of hosting the RaiderVision Song Contest next year, using the infrastructure and Con forums maintained by The Black Hawks.

Happy Composing! You may post here or contact the hosts with any further questions about the Contest.

Yours truly,

Albion
Last edited by High Lord Seven Deaths on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:53 pm

Albion won this?! Oh god I completely forgot that horrible song

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Consular wrote:Albion won this?! Oh god I completely forgot that horrible song

Well, you were in it... ;)

Lamb Stone
Secretary

Founded: Jun 21, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamb Stone » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:05 pm

You may get to see, what some would call masterful, submissions from LWU this year. :p
Last edited by Lamb Stone on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:06 pm

High Lord Seven Deaths wrote:

Well, you were in it... ;)

Not our finest work tbh

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Excited as always! I've got a couple different entry ideas I'm going to explore, and I hear Europeia is already tossing ideas around. :D
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Lamb Stone wrote:You may get to see, what some would call masterful, submissions from LWU this year. :p

Can't wait! Bring it on!

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Consular wrote:
High Lord Seven Deaths wrote:Well, you were in it... ;)

Not our finest work tbh

Heresy!

Elysium Station II
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Elysium Station II » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Can't wait, got some spicy spicy work in progress as we speak
I'm an epicenter of juice.
lamb

aka green

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Elysium Station II wrote:Can't wait, got some spicy spicy work in progress as we speak

Oooh, spicy! Looking forward to it!

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 am

Oh shoot one week until the submission period is open. Make sure to check out the instructions and participate!
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Isalucia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Isalucia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:36 pm

This is going to be quite fun. I look forward to seeing who all will submit some entries.
James M. Arche

Previously known as: Leo, Leopold Arche, Fox, Leo Drakan, Leopold Mountbatten

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Tomorrow is the day, Nationstates! Submissions open tomorrow and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Good luck and I'll see you at the competition!

Alabaster Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alabaster Isles » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:48 pm

*will never forget*
Olivia D. Calidan
Queen of Albion

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:10 am

A great pair of entries up there already! I heard we have 3+ more on the way too. Hoping we get more suprise submissions, as well as plenty of regional reps showing up, before the submission period is over!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:10 am

Alabaster Isles wrote:

*will never forget*

That song was awesome! And I made up for it this year!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:45 pm

The Black Hawks have submitted our entry!

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Hey there NationStates! Seven Deaths here to let you know that entries are due by the 30th. That leaves you only three days to submit your entry for your regions! Also, every region can send a single rep to vote on behalf of their region, so whether you submitted something or not, be sure to send a regional rep to sign up in the Introductions forum saying they're a regional rep! Let's take a look at our submissions so far!

First, on behalf of Rocklands is Manaime singing a stunning rendition of Hallelujah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE76Kz8x3Tc

Next we have an entry from Caelapes of The Red Fleet! A mashup of Smashmouth to the tune of Layla(Piano Exit) by Derek and the Dominos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dozrdpp2EQc

Crushing Our Enemies had a fantastic parody of Witch Doctor called Grey Warden's Boogie! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDNsUFu5kT0

Ever-Wandering Souls and others from The Black Hawk worked together on a parody of I'll Make a Man Out of You called, "I'll Make a Raider of You" and it's simply stunning. MOVE ON GO! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsMIZrM ... e=youtu.be

Albion and Seven Deaths returned with a parody of Turn the Page called "Feel My Rage", a song about the King returning to Albion and kicking a bunch of invaders out. https://soundcloud.com/josh-hoffman-20/feel-my-rage

Finally, Khron posted this non-competing entry song called Hear the Raiders Come, a parody of On the Sacred Side by the Black Eyes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-lJBi4 ... e=youtu.be

Remember, you have only three days to enter a submission here! Hope to see you all there with your regional rep!
Last edited by High Lord Seven Deaths on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:19 am

I've only listened to COE's because my ego demanded it. His singing voice is very pleasant.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

High Lord Seven Deaths
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby High Lord Seven Deaths » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:10 pm

His voice is splendid! In fact, they're all soo good.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay