NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 40- IC Thread (Finals G6 Posted)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tenburg
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenburg » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Tenburg Drops Crucial Game vs Ethane, but Wins Next Two

With less than ten games left, at a point in the WBC preliminary round where absolutely every game counts, Tenburg drops yet another loss to No.3 Ethane. However, they won both the next two games against the Land of Land and South Yerfilag; the latter helps assure their position in second place in the group, now only being contested by Hicana.

The game against Ethane was defined by a starting pitcher which suffocated the Tennish offense for six innings until he was relieved, at which point the reliever was scored on twice in the 6th and 8th innings. It wasn't enough, however, as Ethane had scored 4 runs prior to make the final score 4-2

The next two games saw fire from right fielder Jack Lynch on the defensive side of the ball, as he twice went up the outer wall to rob a sure home run in each game. Offensively, Michael Maguire hit the deciding two-run homer in the bottom of the first against the Land of Land, and against South Yerfilag, Dermot Canavan soloed in the top of the first, followed by left fielder Shane Brannigan in the top of the sixth, as Tenburg took a 2-1 win.

At the moment, the race for the second qualifying spot has gotten much less complex, as Tenburg remains tied in wins only with Hicana, who, despite some trouble, have remained resilient, and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top between the two, or if the two can rally to catch and dethrone Ethane, making two surprise entrants to the playoffs.
I offer only slanderous mockeries!

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 pm

"And with that we look set for another nailbiter between the Rockets and Zebras. Sounds like it's time to fill the break between innings with some more e-mail! Greetings to Annelise from Southport, who wants to know how exactly Zwangzug and the Zebras returned to the political scene, and was it attributed to any supernatural phenomena. Well, Annelise, I'm sorry to disappoint you--or maybe it's not a disappointment--but the grayness faded, and then there we were. Now, the strange changes that came upon the various cities in the meantime, you'll hear all kinds of explanations for those, but I don't know anything more than the hypothesized median voter about that. (By the way, Nathan from Arlington, please stop e-mailing me about my political compass scores and how they compare to the hypothesized median voter. I can only answer so much in any broadcast, and unless this goes fourteen innings--which given the way the Zebras bullpen has been imploding might be an achievement--I don't really wish to discuss how my tendencies to prefer law and order contrast with the rest of my party.) So as I was saying, the missing months may have given me an excuse to delay my departure from office, but beyond that, perfectly ordinary. It's not the done thing to dwell on one's return, I suppose, as it can't be accomplished without acknowledging the cessation and passage of time and no use putting new generations in the spotlight. As for the Zebras, there was not much funding, and baseball was mostly an amateurish proposition, until one very confused "national team" was cobbled together to play an exhibition match with the almost-as-perplexed Stvoto Latoli national football team. Finally, some funding was thrown together last tournament, bolstered no doubt by the Hall of Fame and their nostalgia trips, so here we are.

Anyway, much of our culture had ossified, so we were still the same patient pitch-takers and finesse-throwing team we always were, or at least I am reliably informed. I see that your heritage appears to have been, while still as autocratic as ever, subject to Taeshite influences. Not only do many neutral fans compare your "one-dimensional and self-obsessed slugger" to the renowned Socki Lewis of old, a recent e-mail I received from the less historically curious Bea of South Tier says "lol mr cm dude when are you gimg to apprecaitesa malyharis???! turly aproachang tocrweaking levels of exanelicncw. hpoefaely wilnot need to rsetrt to nordiac levels of protestgng but u never know1!!!! ps i love snow. :D" I almost prefer the sizbermetrics...

...Karum-Ito winds and delivers, and Carey aboard with a leadoff double here in the tenth."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby West Phoencia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 pm

The West Phoenician Confederates were introduced into the World Baseball Classic #36 edition. Baseball was one of the first international sports that West Phoenicia participated in, in its pursuit in reaching the wider international community after years of civil wars involving various siblings vying for control of the West Phoenician throne.

Unranked they were placed in group 4 where they went up against teams such as;
Abanhfleft who were ranked 16th, South Yerfilag who were ranked 9th, San Llera who were ranked 24th and Nova Anglicana who were ranked 5th. They were also places with fellow unranked team Western Cuba. With so many powerhouses in the groupings one was not seeing too much progression in their debut entry the odds were against them.

Halfway through the initial 30 games West Phoenicia was in last position with only 2 wins under there belt.However officals had made an error and it should have actually been 3 wins. While it was not enough to put them in front, a win was a win and it should have been counted.
By the end of the initial rounds West Phoenicia sat on 12 wins. Which left them in 4th place for their grouping which was better than last and better results than media outlets predicted considering the bulk of their grouping was ranked teams.

Fast forward to World Baseball Classic #40 and at the end of the 20 games. The Confederates sit on 13 wins. Management has Mary Zomdonia to thank for improving the standard of the team in such a short time.

Mary Zomdonia has been given an extra incentive of $2 million dollar pay increase if she can lead the Confederate to a finals win.
Last edited by West Phoencia on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mount Pleasant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Pleasant » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Interview with a random Pleasantrian baseball fan, part 4
Matchday Nineteen; versus Tainese, Stallion Stadium

Alright, my boss told me to rest up after that night at Helena Street, damn Brittani shouldn't have offered me the Vodka and Sprite. Lets see if today's interviewee is any good...Hi, what's your name?

Sanne Patrickson.

Alright then. Now, before I ask, I sure hope you answer right on this...are you a baseball fan?

Oh definitely! In fact, I'm an adjudicator on the Mount Pleasant Baseball Association's Statistics Department.

Phew. Just when I thought I had no hope left in baseball fanatics in Mount Pleasant...

Oh, not to worry there. Attendances have been rising year by year, with an increase in 3.47% in average attendances each year, with the Onraet Riot posting the largest increase, up to an average attendance of 30,282 last season compared to 26,957 last year.

So you're basically saying baseball is getting more popular.

Yes.

Alllright, Sanne. Speaking of the city of Onraet Riot, how would you rate Shun Van Altena's first substitue outing on the mound today in the WBC?

Well, one could consider Van Altena as a surprise inclusion, given he posted the highest ERA count of all pitchers in this Mount Pleasant Fire roster, but today's performance proved his doubters wrong. 68.3% strike rate is particularly impressive from a pitcher of his calibre, and to be better than Fabio Dirks, the pitcher with the second fastest fastball on the team at 100.5 mph, in your first outing is a sign of things to come.

So you're saying Shun Van Altena outperformed himself in his first national appearance?

Indeed.

Well, at this point, Mount Pleasant Fire are a game down on the there leaders in Group 6, statistically the tightest group in this WBC, outperforming heavy favourites Gregoryisgodistan, with a third of their games left to go. Despite their disappointing run differential of -6, a good way behind Darmen and Maklohi Vai at +10 and +21 respectively, what would be the percentage chance that Mount Pleasant would need to obtain to progress to the round of 16?

Anything can happen.

Really? Just that? No odds? How low ranking teams in the WBC have had statistical improbabilities? No R-value for any hypothesis theory shit?

We'll have to wait and see.

Well, some help you are, statistician.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:21 am

SCHILTZBERG DOMINATING GROUP BUT STRUGGLING AGAINST UNRANKED TEAMS

As expected, Schiltzberg has been on fire to begin the season in WBC 40, going 17-4 through the first 21 games. The surprising thing is that three of the four losses Schiltzberg has taken this season have been against unranked teams. Group four features a slew of experienced teams, all of which Schiltzberg has dominated. Twenty-second ranked Free Republics has been shut down by Schiltzberg, as the four-time champs have put them down in every matchup so far. Seventy-eighth place rank Cheongji has also been swept by Schiltzberg in the season series this far. The only other ranked team in the division besides Schiltzberg is fourteenth place Drawkland, and though Schiltzberg did drop one game to Drawkland, they have won every other game against the team.

The struggles come with the unranked teams though. On the very first match day, Schiltzberg lost a game to New Danican in a game that was that team's WBC debut, a true embarrassment for the four-time champions. One can't help but remember Schiltzberg's own debut, in which they defeated the defending champions at the time, Patistan, in an 8-6 victory back in WBC 33, which Schiltzberg went on to win. Schiltzberg played in New Danican once again on match day 11, and surprisingly, they experienced the same result, losing to the team in its inaugural season once again. Now, rather than redeeming itself, Schiltzberg had just embarrassed itself even more, losing to the team again, seeming unable to win in that team's home stadium. Despite these struggles, Schiltzberg excelled across the board, and New Danican seemed to be their only struggling point, with the exception of the one slip up against Drawkland in match day 12. Then to make things worse, Schiltzberg blew a game to the other unranked team, Ovskovyk, blowing a one-run lead in the ninth and losing the game on match day 19. Who would have thought that Schiltzberg of all teams would have its biggest struggles against these unranked teams? Schiltzberg seems to have an interesting relationship with unranked teams, as they are the only team to ever win the tournament as an unranked team, and they also were the only team able to eliminate The Great Pond, which was also an unranked team. Those were both positive things, but the struggles here are a bit troubling. Maybe their karma against unranked teams is starting to even out? Regardless, it is still a bit fussy to start getting worked up over losses like this when Schiltzberg is currently tied for the best record in the WBC with Super-Llamaland and Newmanistan and currently holds an enormous six-game lead over its division, which is so enormous that it will be hard for anyone to overtake them with just nine games left. Here are the line scores for Schiltzberg's four losses so far:

MD 1
Schiltzberg 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 0 4
New Danican 0 2 1 1 0 1 0 0 X 5

MD 11
Schiltzberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
New Danican 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 X 2

MD 12
Drawkland 0 1 0 0 1 0 4 0 1 7
Schiltzberg 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2

MD 19
Ovskovyk 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 5
Schiltzberg 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 4

What adds another level of frustration to these losses is the pure nature of them. With the exception of the loss to Drawkland, which is easily the most excusable loss for the Schiltzbergers, all of these losses have been by a single run. This combined with the fact that these are teams that Schiltzberg should win makes it understandable that Schiltzberg's players would be frustrated. The key is that they do not let these losses get to their heads, because that is when it would become a real problem.

Things are looking up for the Schiltzbergers though, as this stretch of bad luck against unranked teams this season seems impossible to keep up for much longer. In its most recent game, Schiltzberg was able to beat New Danican in its home stadium for the first time all year, and it was by a healthy 11-3 lead where Schiltzberg apparently overcame its futility in that ballpark, scoring six runs in one inning at a certain point. Statistics this season show that Schiltzberg is still the best there is, as they are tied in the lead for the most wins with Super-Llamaland and Newmanistan at 17; they also lead in runs for at 123, one run ahead of second place Newmanistan, which has 122, and they also have the lowest amount of runs against at just 51, five runs lower than second place Super-Llamaland, which has 56, and this gives Schiltzberg a phenomenal +72 run differential, which leads all of the WBC by eight points, trailed by Newmanistan, which has a +64. It seems crazy to already be talking about E numbers with nearly a third of the preliminary round left, but Schiltzberg's magic number is three right now, and they should easily clinch a playoff spot, and they will be one of the first ones to do so if not the very first. To say the least, Schiltzberg has done well this season. Many predicted that WBC 40 would be the fall of Schiltzberg from being a dominant threat, but they were wrong, and Schiltzberg just hopes to continue to prove that as the season progresses.

This Is Your New Schiltzbierg Times Sports News!
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:13 am

How Not to Make a TV Series, Part Three

"Well, he's finally gone and done it," Ivan Mariano said to Matt Cave as the former got off his phone to talk to the latter. "Germain's finally signed off on letting his name be included in the show."

"Well, that's a great relief, that is," Cave said in reply. "Not that we absolutely needed his name to go ahead with this series but it's just reassuring knowing that a great guy and producer such as Germain Orfan has allowed his name to be included in our project. I just feel that it will lend it that extra credibility factor. Anyway, let's all go on with shooting this pilot."

Ivan Mariano and Matthew Cave had just very recently started up their own production company, which they decided to name Juan Cueva Productions as a play on their names and they were now on their way to filming the first ever scene in their new series. They didn't even have a title ready for their series; all they knew was that they wanted this pilot made so they could pitch it to the big networks or perhaps one of those online streaming sites. They paid top dollar for new series as quickly as their creators could churn them out. For this pilot episode they would be shooting the scene in which the president of the United Nations of Humanity would be briefed by his galactic intelligence chief on the situation in the planet of Gaard. They already had the actors who would play the parts, Tim Anders for the intelligence chief and Paul Harkness as the President of Humanity, ready and waiting for their cue.

"All right, guys, I've got good news for you," Mariano told the film crew. "Germain Orfan's just signed off on letting us use his name on the production so our pilot is now sure to get a definite big boost. Paul, Tim, you've both got your lines, so now let's get this show on the road! Take one!"

It took them over fifteen takes before both Mariano and Cave were finally satisfied with the results of the taping sessions. Mariano and Cave sat with the rest of the crew to watch the finished product.

"Chief, how goes Operation Proteus?" Harkness' character, the President of the United Nations of Humanity, asked Anders' character, the head of the Galactic Intelligence Agency.

"It is going as well as we have been expecting, Mr. President," Anders' character replied. "That is to say that Operation Proteus is still operational."

"Why do you say that, Chief? What do you mean by that?"

"As you know, Mr. President, anti-human hysteria has gripped the northern continent of Odegaard over in Gaard and has already resulted in the deaths of over 300 Gaardians suspected of having pro-human sentiments. Many more Gaardians with pro-human and pro-Federation sentiments or those suspected of having sympathies with humanity and the Gaard Federation have fled to the hills in the hope of finding a way off of Gaard or even just wanting to live just one day more. It is hard for our operatives to work in these tense and dangerous conditions, Mr. President, but they are managing to do their jobs nonetheless. The hysteria is mostly confined to the Odegaard Commune's territory, as well as those under the control of the Odegaard Oligarchy and the United States of Odegaard. Our operatives have told the Gaardians to flee to the territory of the Vestergaard Republic, which we believe to be the weakest and least supported of all the factions on Gaard. The GIA is already coordinating with the Human Armed Forces in preparation for launching an operation to recover all these Federation sympathizers and take them off-world to become part of the Federation's forces. The other component of Operation Proteus, the operation we have code-named Operation Soda Water, appears to be proceeding very smoothly. We already have a large majority of the government of the Vestergaard Republic made open to the possibility of negotiating peace and surrender terms with the Federation, and a deal with the Odegaarder Oligarchy might be forthcoming. The destabilization process against the rebel factions on Gaard is proceeding smoothly and swimmingly, Mr. President. Soon there will be so much confusion and chaos going on in Gaard that the Ingeln will have to think twice about the factions they choose to support. While they are distracted, the Gaard Federation will move in and remove all these rebel factions and secure their rightful rule over Gaard once again. We will help them remove all traces of Ingeln influence in the people. And should the Ingeln Empire attempt something to stop us then we will have no choice but to unleash our new long-range weapons on their key planets. If they wish to send us all to hell then we will make sure that we will bring the Ingeln with us into hell."

"God, that performance was so creepy, I'm still feeling chills down my spine," Mariano said. "Magnificent work, Mr. Anders."

"All in a day's work, as always," Tim Anders replied, shaking the hands of the production.

"And you, Paul, you make a very good silent commander in chief," Cave said to Paul Harkness.

"Hey, it's my stock in trade," Harkness said with a smile and a laugh.

"Now that that's settled, time to get our other actors and actresses to finish this thing off," Mariano announced.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:35 am

"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 am

THE ROCKET REPORT

TOP TEN: POWER RANKINGS

by Brianne Henry,

As we move forward in World Baseball Classic, just nine games remain, and the urgency of task at hand gets greater by the game. Some teams, such as the Rockets, may be safe to qualify, but there is still the matter of finishing first in the group. In this top 10 list, I am going to focus on who I feel are the top 10 teams right now. These nations seem to be the most poised to have further success beyond the group stage. The list is not sorted by win loss record and does not represent where teams would be seeded. It represents how I feel they are playing now, and their current form.

1) Schiltzberg (17-4, +72 RD)

What I really like about Schiltzberg’s campaign so far is something that I touched upon in my last article. They are simply beating the better teams in the group. I know there are some who will think their recent 5-4 loss to Ovskovyk is a concern, but you know, it’s tough to beat people six times in six games, even lowly teams. The Schiltzburgers have taken care of business against Free Republics and Drawkland, and while they have not been perfect against the Elite Eleven, they win when it counts. They’re playing like a four-time champion, essentially.

2) Newmanistan (17-4, +64 RD)

You can’t help but let your imagination travel a little bit and think about two “Drive For Five’s” crashing together on the same Cassadagan road in the final based on how each nation is playing right now. If qualifying were to end right now, these would indeed be the top two seeds. As fans, we can think big, but fortunately the players seem to be laser focused. It’s very impressive now that the Rockets are 5-0 against the USAR. Even though the Bison got three against Courtney Duvall, she still got the win again, thanks to the offense.

3) Super-Llamaland (17-4, +58 RD)

The three big boys with most championships are flashing around their skill sets right now, and all look to impress the ladies in Cassadaigua. The Tigers are on the cusp of that fourth championship, and they have put aside the competition in the group pretty easily. It would be a great story for them to get that fourth by beating Newmanistan in the semifinals, and then Schiltzberg in the final. And doing that in a nation that has also won three adds some extra flavor that would make the possible fourth well worth the wait!

4) Ethane (15-6, +30 RD)

There are a couple others with a little better record, but I want to give the shot out to these guys, because the Red Kites have really stepped up in the last few games. There may have been some concern about a championship hangover for a little while, but they are on a good looking streak right now, putting aside the group’s top challengers. Surely, they are passing their exams right now.

5) Nova Anglicana (17-4, +35)

I was reading a book about a hockey team in some other made up world that was known as the Capitals. They would always have an outstanding regular season, but never could win that title. So much so, that people just started to say “ho hum, another good Capitals season but we all know they can’t win the championship.” That’s how I feel about the Lions. They’re good, but we’ve seen it before.

6) Union of Socialist Alpine Republics (13-8, +5 RD)

These guys are soldering on, and I think that is being lost in the shadows. Against Courtney Duvall, they are 0-5, and that’s a problem. But take note, they are 13-3 against everyone else, and if they get in, which they should, they may sneak up on people who fall asleep on their second place finish, barring a Rockets collapse. Watch the game tapes of our wins against them all you want, but only Courtney Duvall can execute so brilliantly.

7) Frenline Delpha (14-7, +24 RD)

The Anacondas have been a little better in recent qualifying efforts, but as qualifying has gone on, they have asserted themselves just fine in the group. West Saintland is playing them tough, but Frenline Delpha is in better form right now. Once the playoffs begin, they are as big of a threat as the top teams.

8) West Phoenica (14-7, +21 RD)

The Confederates are in a tough group with both -Anthor- and Scootalove City making things very difficult for them. However, they have persevered, and remember that even though they want far in the last Classic, they saved their best for last, in the playoffs. I like a team that rises to the occasion, and they show signs of that in qualifying games as they win the games that matter most.

9) Tenburg (13-8, +28 RD)

An impressive first time nation has impressed me, and a lot more with their effort. With promising rookies on an individual playing level, you will see their true talent at times in the way they dazzle, though sometimes they will also show that they still have a way to go. That’s what I see with Tenburg as a team. There’s a lot there, and trust me, you do not want to play these guys in the first round! They have to get there first though, but I do like their form.

10) Cassadaigua (14-7, +21 RD)

Having a solid second place season in their group, which is good for the fans to know they will have a chance to root for the home team at home. I’m not sure if their record is more of a product of being in a pretty weak group.

And that’s my top 10, based on form, and not necessarily record. You’ll note that I didn’t include anyone from Group 6. Just want to say that I didn’t forget that group, there is just no way to predict how it will all unfold right now, and using the criteria for the power rankings, there is no team there that you can say, “they’re on a roll right now!”
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Tenburg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tenburg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Jack found the most irritating part of the WBC to be the same as the most irritating part of literally any sport: getting crowded against one's locker by the press.

There had to be about eight people surrounding him, and while he wasn't the only one in the locker room experiencing this right now, he might well have been the only one about to pull his helmet from his locker and beat the lot of them with it.

"So how many more of those up-the-wall robberies do you think you have in you?"

Admittedly, he chuckled at this question from the Tennish beat reporter, which got the rest of the group chuckling too. "Well, honestly, I didn't know I had any in me to begin with, but, y'know, when you're this deep in, every game counts, every pitch and out counts... I was just doing my part."

"So," a Cassadaigan reporter asked, "You're nine games out from the end, you have Hicana biting at your heels... what do you think your odds are of hanging one and making the playoffs?"

What a dumb question.

"Well, it's hard to say. Shi--stuff happens that ye can't predict, y'know? Hicana is a good team, tough team, always give us a good game... If they make a run and we don't, that's just as likely as us hanging on."

Please gods let it end.

Another Tennish reporter spoke up. "Let's say you make the playoffs. You'd be playing a lot of past champions and really tough teams--what makes you think you can go anywhere beyond the round of 16, assuming that you make it?"

For fuck's sake.

"Do you watch a lot of baseball?"

The other reporters looked at the one who asked the question, some of the internationals smirking a bit. "Well, I... yea, of course."

Bullshit, buddy.

"Well then, wouldn't you know that playoff baseball is a whole different animal than regular season?"

"I--I suppose..."

"There ye go. I'd like to think I'm not a dumb guy... don't ask me dumb questions, please."
Last edited by Tenburg on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 pm

TDDROH Sports chat

Gains and losses

Equestrian States      1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1
Scootalove City 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3 4

Scootalove City 1 1 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 5
West Phoencia 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 4

Bongo Johnson 2 0 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 7
Scootalove City 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2

Group 1 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 West Phoencia 21 14 7 94 73 +21 42
2 -Anthor- 21 13 8 115 91 +24 39
3 Scootalove City 21 12 9 84 91 −7 36
4 Bongo Johnson 21 11 10 77 71 +6 33
5 Somersville 21 8 13 84 94 −10 24
6 Equestrian States 21 5 16 68 102 −34 15

This latest set of games saw two big wins against Equestrian States and West Phoencia with another clean 4 innings thanks to Amalthea Beagle in the last innings with there game with West Phoencia. Of course, Paul Mins helped in the two innings before that.

However, -Anthor- keeps up pace and is actively defending the second place spot.

But still, the two wins we have picked up here are not to be overlooked, if this keeps up, -Anthor- will slip up and we will have the second spot again.

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:56 pm

2036 Batter-Up! Baseball League of Darmen: Weeks 19 & 20

Hallie Eagles 2–1 Brady City Braves
Hallie Eagles 4–5 Brady City Braves
Hallie Eagles 9–0 Brady City Braves
Hallie Eagles 2–1 Brady City Braves

Darmen City White Sox 4–3 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Darmen City White Sox 0–9 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Darmen City White Sox 2–4 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Darmen City White Sox 6–8 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks

Jim Falls Sturgeons 1–9 Eau Claire Barons
Jim Falls Sturgeons 2–6 Eau Claire Barons
Jim Falls Sturgeons 2–5 Eau Claire Barons
Jim Falls Sturgeons 1–13 Eau Claire Barons

Liverpool Mustangs 1–5 Tilden Islanders
Liverpool Mustangs 3–7 Tilden Islanders
Liverpool Mustangs 0–5 Tilden Islanders
Liverpool Mustangs 0–4 Tilden Islanders

Scott City Blue Jays 8–6 Stanley Loggers
Scott City Blue Jays 7–3 Stanley Loggers
Scott City Blue Jays 8–3 Stanley Loggers
Scott City Blue Jays 5–3 Stanley Loggers

Bloomer Woodticks 3–5 Royal BC
Bloomer Woodticks 1–6 Royal BC
Bloomer Woodticks 5–6 Royal BC
Bloomer Woodticks 0–2 Royal BC

Cadott Red Sox 2–6 Augusta Athletics
Cadott Red Sox 2–6 Augusta Athletics
Cadott Red Sox 5–1 Augusta Athletics
Cadott Red Sox 5–3 Augusta Athletics

Tim City Athletics 0–8 Menomonie Eagles
Tim City Athletics 5–6 Menomonie Eagles
Tim City Athletics 4–5 Menomonie Eagles
Tim City Athletics 2–1 Menomonie Eagles
Brady City Braves 10–6 Tilden Islanders
Brady City Braves 0–2 Tilden Islanders
Brady City Braves 0–4 Tilden Islanders
Brady City Braves 1–5 Tilden Islanders

Eau Claire Barons 10–0 Liverpool Mustangs
Eau Claire Barons 19–0 Liverpool Mustangs
Eau Claire Barons 8–5 Liverpool Mustangs
Eau Claire Barons 14–1 Liverpool Mustangs

Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 2–3 Jim Falls Sturgeons
Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 4–0 Jim Falls Sturgeons
Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 11–2 Jim Falls Sturgeons
Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 5–2 Jim Falls Sturgeons

Hallie Eagles 4–2 Darmen City White Sox
Hallie Eagles 4–1 Darmen City White Sox
Hallie Eagles 5–4 Darmen City White Sox
Hallie Eagles 8–3 Darmen City White Sox

Stanley Loggers 3–4 Menomonie Eagles
Stanley Loggers 2–4 Menomonie Eagles
Stanley Loggers 6–7 Menomonie Eagles
Stanley Loggers 0–1 Menomonie Eagles

Augusta Athletics 5–3 Tim City Athletics
Augusta Athletics 4–5 Tim City Athletics
Augusta Athletics 7–5 Tim City Athletics
Augusta Athletics 6–3 Tim City Athletics

Royal BC 5–1 Cadott Red Sox
Royal BC 2–0 Cadott Red Sox
Royal BC 5–0 Cadott Red Sox
Royal BC 3–0 Cadott Red Sox

Scott City Blue Jays 7–1 Bloomer Woodticks
Scott City Blue Jays 21–1 Bloomer Woodticks
Scott City Blue Jays 6–1 Bloomer Woodticks
Scott City Blue Jays 5–2 Bloomer Woodticks
Darmen City White Sox 3–1 Brady City Braves
Darmen City White Sox 4–5 Brady City Braves
Darmen City White Sox 6–0 Brady City Braves
Darmen City White Sox 0–8 Brady City Braves

Jim Falls Sturgeons 0–8 Hallie Eagles
Jim Falls Sturgeons 3–7 Hallie Eagles
Jim Falls Sturgeons 2–7 Hallie Eagles
Jim Falls Sturgeons 7–6 Hallie Eagles

Liverpool Mustangs 4–0 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Liverpool Mustangs 3–7 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Liverpool Mustangs 1–4 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Liverpool Mustangs 1–8 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks

Tilden Islanders 0–3 Eau Claire Barons
Tilden Islanders 4–10 Eau Claire Barons
Tilden Islanders 1–7 Eau Claire Barons
Tilden Islanders 2–10 Eau Claire Barons

Bloomer Woodticks 5–2 Stanley Loggers
Bloomer Woodticks 5–4 Stanley Loggers
Bloomer Woodticks 5–6 Stanley Loggers
Bloomer Woodticks 5–2 Stanley Loggers

Cadott Red Sox 0–9 Scott City Blue Jays
Cadott Red Sox 2–8 Scott City Blue Jays
Cadott Red Sox 4–8 Scott City Blue Jays
Cadott Red Sox 0–7 Scott City Blue Jays

Tim City Athletics 3–4 Royal BC
Tim City Athletics 5–6 Royal BC
Tim City Athletics 4–10 Royal BC
Tim City Athletics 6–10 Royal BC

Menomonie Eagles 2–8 Augusta Athletics
Menomonie Eagles 3–4 Augusta Athletics
Menomonie Eagles 3–6 Augusta Athletics
Menomonie Eagles 2–4 Augusta Athletics
Northern League            Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD    Win %
1 Eau Claire Barons 118 112 6 936 183 +753 0.949
2 Tilden Islanders 118 79 39 542 341 +201 0.669
3 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 118 68 50 493 427 +66 0.576
4 Hallie Eagles 118 52 66 429 539 −110 0.441
5 Brady City Braves 118 51 67 366 531 −165 0.432
6 Darmen City White Sox 118 37 81 327 580 −253 0.314
7 Liverpool Mustangs 118 34 84 350 640 −290 0.288
8 Jim Falls Sturgeons 118 32 86 362 606 −244 0.271

Southern League Pld W L RF RA RD Win %
1 Scott City Blue Jays 118 111 7 826 201 +625 0.941
2 Royal BC 118 91 27 561 345 +216 0.771
3 Augusta Athletics 118 74 44 556 393 +163 0.627
4 Menomonie Eagles 118 71 47 503 443 +60 0.602
5 Tim City Athletics 118 42 76 409 518 −109 0.356
6 Stanley Loggers 118 32 86 294 569 −275 0.271
7 Bloomer Woodticks 118 32 86 295 612 −317 0.271
8 Cadott Red Sox 118 26 92 300 621 −321 0.220

Eau Claire Barons confirmed as Northern League Champions!
Scott City clubs continue battle over Southern League crown

With a four game sweep of their closest rivals in both the standings and geographical proximity, the Eau Claire Barons have clinched the Northern League pennant and eliminated the Tilden Islanders from postseason contention. Over the course of the four game series, the Barons' bats continued to produce at an extraordinary level, as Tilden was outscored by 30 runs to 7. Barons' Manager Maddox Lesauvage was elated with his players performance, commenting after the series that "all departments of the team were working perfectly in sync". The Barons can now rest their players over the remaining 28 games of the season, giving the bench plenty of experience for not only the BU!BL League Championship Series but also the 2037 season as well.

Meanwhile in the Southern League, Royal BC has the odds stacked against them in their quest to claim the Southern League Championship ahead of their cross town rivals, the Blue Jays. 20 games behind first place, the Royals will play what will hopefully be an all important series against the Blue Jays from September 8th through 11th, just two weeks prior to the conclusion of the regular season.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Hicanans in Exile
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hicanans in Exile » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Alea iacta est - Part V

Alex Cameron was optimistic. They'd slipped a little since the six-game winning streak, but they were still 8-2 in their last ten games. Due to Hansel Ordoñez's departure and the total absence of HBA authority, he'd managed to consolidate control over the Phoenixes. In fact, after some intense negotiations with Jose Velasquez and Jorge Villareña, Alex Cameron was essentially Manager of the Phoenixes, GM of the Phoenixes, and Vice President of the HBA. All he'd had to do was come out in support of Arturo Salvatore's government during his press conferences. If it would get him total control of Hicaña's baseball team - and a chance to make it one of the best in the world - it seemed a small price to pay.

They had to keep up the pace against Elgenstad and Land of Land, the two worst teams in the group. Two wins would maintain their status as the undisputed second seeds of Group 8 with just nine games to play. They'd managed to get a game ahead of Tenburg and South Yerfilag, but it was only a one-game advantage. Every game was crucial. He needed the best out of his players to even make the playoffs again.

It was then quite the shock when nine of them didn't show up. Jens Marroquín, Christopher Meija, Jason Garcia, Yannick Alonso, Guillermo Sanchez, Emanuel Rincon, Chad Díaz, Martín Zúñiga. And most disturbingly, the night's starting pitcher, James Alvarado. There literally weren't enough players to cover all the positions unless the backup catcher and a reliever played outfield. And with three hours until the game started, the odds of replacements arriving was staggeringly low. He knew the players were starting to turn against him, but he didn't think it'd be this quick.

Maybe it was finally time to follow Ordoñez's suggestion and look into Arturo Salvatore. He couldn't afford to ignore it any longer.
THE SOCIETY OF HICAÑANS ABROAD • La Sociedad de Hicaños en el Exterior
Leader: ??? • Capital: An Office In Nikcoro • Population: ~3500

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Matchday 22:
Group 1
Scootalove City 0 0 0 2 4 0 1 0 0 7
Somersville 1 0 0 1 2 0 0 2 0 6

Equestrian States 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2
West Phoencia 0 0 1 0 4 1 1 2 X 9

Bongo Johnson 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 3
-Anthor- 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 4

1 West Phoencia 22 15 7 103 75 +28 45
2 -Anthor- 22 14 8 119 94 +25 42
3 Scootalove City 22 13 9 91 97 −6 39
4 Bongo Johnson 22 11 11 80 75 +5 33
5 Somersville 22 8 14 90 101 −11 24
6 Equestrian States 22 5 17 70 111 −41 15

Group 2
Mampris 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
United States of Devonta 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 X 3

Cassadaigua 0 2 0 0 1 0 3 8 1 15
Fauxia 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 4

Vermont Of America 5 0 0 1 2 0 2 0 1 11
Nova Anglicana 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Group 2 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 22 17 5 114 88 +26 51
2 Cassadaigua 22 15 7 125 93 +32 45
3 Vermont Of America 22 11 11 121 91 +30 33
4 United States of Devonta 22 10 12 86 88 −2 30
5 Mampris 22 7 15 82 107 −25 21
6 Fauxia 22 6 16 71 132 −61 18

Group 3
Nagore 0 1 3 0 0 2 0 0 0 6
Ko-oren 0 0 5 2 0 0 1 1 X 9

Frenline Delpha 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 3
Siroy 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 X 4

The Lone Star Union 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
West Saintland 5 2 0 4 1 0 0 0 X 12

Group 3 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 West Saintland 22 14 8 101 73 +28 42
2 Frenline Delpha 22 14 8 99 76 +23 42
3 Ko-oren 22 10 12 97 111 −14 30
4 Siroy 22 10 12 80 98 −18 30
5 Nagore 22 9 13 100 108 −8 27
6 The Lone Star Union 22 9 13 92 103 −11 27

Group 4
Cheongji 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2
Free Republics 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 3

New Danican 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ovskovyk 3 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 X 6

Drawkland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2
Schiltzberg 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3

Group 4 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Schiltzberg 22 18 4 126 53 +73 54
2 Ovskovyk 22 12 10 106 103 +3 36
3 Free Republics 22 11 11 82 101 −19 33
4 Drawkland 22 10 12 92 91 +1 30
5 New Danican 22 9 13 90 105 −15 27
6 Cheongji 22 6 16 68 111 −43 18

Group 5
Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Gim 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 X 3

Zwangzug 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 0 0 5
Sandberg 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

Newmanistan 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
Karamiko 0 0 0 2 0 5 0 0 X 7

Group 5 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Newmanistan 22 17 5 124 65 +59 51
2 Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 22 13 9 86 84 +2 39
3 Zwangzug 22 11 11 90 81 +9 33
4 Karamiko 22 11 11 88 93 −5 33
5 Sandberg 22 9 13 101 104 −3 27
6 Gim 22 5 17 62 124 −62 15

Group 6
Maklohi Vai 0 1 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 5
Novostela 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 1 4

Gregoryisgodistan 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Tainese 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 X 4

Darmen 1 0 0 2 5 0 0 2 0 10
Mount Pleasant 1 1 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 5

Group 6 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Tainese 22 14 8 92 86 +6 42
2 Maklohi Vai 22 13 9 96 73 +23 39
3 Darmen 22 13 9 101 83 +18 39
4 Mount Pleasant 22 12 10 87 96 −9 36
5 Gregoryisgodistan 22 8 14 84 98 −14 24
6 Novostela 22 6 16 79 103 −24 18

Group 7
Lisander 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 4
Super-Llamaland 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Abanhfleft 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2
Hothnia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 4
Empire of Cats 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 6 X 8

Group 7 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Super-Llamaland 22 17 5 116 60 +56 51
2 Abanhfleft 22 12 10 90 82 +8 36
3 Empire of Cats 22 11 11 93 90 +3 33
4 Lisander 22 10 12 64 82 −18 30
5 Cosumar 22 9 13 80 115 −35 27
6 Hothnia 22 7 15 86 100 −14 21

Group 8
The land of Land 0 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 0 6
South Yerfilag 4 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 X 8

Elgenstad 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 3
Tenburg 0 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 X 6

Hicanans In Exile 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Ethane 2 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 X 6

Group 8 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Ethane 22 16 6 107 72 +35 48
2 Tenburg 22 14 8 95 64 +31 42
3 Hicanans In Exile 22 13 9 87 73 +14 39
4 South Yerfilag 22 12 10 103 118 −15 36
5 The land of Land 22 6 16 82 113 −31 18
6 Elgenstad 22 5 17 68 102 −34 15

Matchday 23:
Group 1
-Anthor- 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 4 2 8
Scootalove City 0 0 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 7

West Phoencia 3 0 2 2 3 0 0 2 0 12
Bongo Johnson 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 5

Somersville 1 2 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 5
Equestrian States 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2

1 West Phoencia 23 16 7 115 80 +35 48
2 -Anthor- 23 15 8 127 101 +26 45
3 Scootalove City 23 13 10 98 105 −7 39
4 Bongo Johnson 23 11 12 85 87 −2 33
5 Somersville 23 9 14 95 103 −8 27
6 Equestrian States 23 5 18 72 116 −44 15

Group 2
Nova Anglicana 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3 5
Mampris 0 2 2 1 0 1 0 0 X 6

Fauxia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Vermont Of America 2 0 4 0 3 1 0 0 X 10

United States of Devonta 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 3
Cassadaigua 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 3 5

1 Nova Anglicana 23 17 6 119 94 +25 51
2 Cassadaigua 23 16 7 130 96 +34 48
3 Vermont Of America 23 12 11 131 92 +39 36
4 United States of Devonta 23 10 13 89 93 −4 30
5 Mampris 23 8 15 88 112 −24 24
6 Fauxia 23 6 17 72 142 −70 18

Group 3
West Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Nagore 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 2

Siroy 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 3
The Lone Star Union 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 4 X 6

Ko-oren 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2
Frenline Delpha 0 0 2 0 1 0 2 1 X 6

1 Frenline Delpha 23 15 8 105 78 +27 45
2 West Saintland 23 14 9 101 75 +26 42
3 Nagore 23 10 13 102 108 −6 30
4 The Lone Star Union 23 10 13 98 106 −8 30
5 Ko-oren 23 10 13 99 117 −18 30
6 Siroy 23 10 13 83 104 −21 30

Group 4
Schiltzberg 0 1 1 2 0 1 2 0 0 7
Cheongji 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 3

Ovskovyk 0 0 1 0 0 1 4 0 1 0 0 7
Drawkland 0 0 3 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 8

Free Republics 2 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 5
New Danican 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 4

1 Schiltzberg 23 19 4 133 56 +77 57
2 Ovskovyk 23 12 11 113 111 +2 36
3 Free Republics 23 12 11 87 105 −18 36
4 Drawkland 23 11 12 100 98 +2 33
5 New Danican 23 9 14 94 110 −16 27
6 Cheongji 23 6 17 71 118 −47 18

Group 5
Karamiko 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2
Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 2 1 2 0 0 0 3 2 X 10

Sandberg 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Newmanistan 1 0 0 1 0 0 6 0 X 8

Gim 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 4
Zwangzug 1 0 1 0 0 3 0 3 X 8

1 Newmanistan 23 18 5 132 66 +66 54
2 Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 23 14 9 96 86 +10 42
3 Zwangzug 23 12 11 98 85 +13 36
4 Karamiko 23 11 12 90 103 −13 33
5 Sandberg 23 9 14 102 112 −10 27
6 Gim 23 5 18 66 132 −66 15

Group 6
Mount Pleasant 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 3
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2

Tainese 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 4
Darmen 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 X 6

Novostela 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 3
Gregoryisgodistan 1 0 0 0 2 5 0 1 X 9

1 Darmen 23 14 9 107 87 +20 42
2 Tainese 23 14 9 96 92 +4 42
3 Maklohi Vai 23 13 10 98 76 +22 39
4 Mount Pleasant 23 13 10 90 98 −8 39
5 Gregoryisgodistan 23 9 14 93 101 −8 27
6 Novostela 23 6 17 82 112 −30 18

Group 7
Empire of Cats 4 0 2 1 0 2 1 1 0 11
Lisander 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Hothnia 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 5
Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 3

Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2
Abanhfleft 1 1 0 1 0 2 1 0 X 6

1 Super-Llamaland 23 17 6 118 66 +52 51
2 Abanhfleft 23 13 10 96 84 +12 39
3 Empire of Cats 23 12 11 104 92 +12 36
4 Lisander 23 10 13 66 93 −27 30
5 Cosumar 23 9 14 83 120 −37 27
6 Hothnia 23 8 15 91 103 −12 24

Group 8
Ethane 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 5
The land of Land 1 0 2 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 6

Tenburg 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Hicanans In Exile 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 X 2

South Yerfilag 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Elgenstad 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2

1 Ethane 23 16 7 112 78 +34 48
2 Tenburg 23 14 9 96 66 +30 42
3 Hicanans In Exile 23 14 9 89 74 +15 42
4 South Yerfilag 23 13 10 107 120 −13 39
5 The land of Land 23 7 16 88 118 −30 21
6 Elgenstad 23 5 18 70 106 −36 15

Matchday 24:
Group 1
Scootalove City 0 0 1 5 2 1 0 0 0 9
Equestrian States 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Bongo Johnson 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
Somersville 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

-Anthor- 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
West Phoencia 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3 X 5

1 West Phoencia 24 17 7 120 82 +38 51
2 -Anthor- 24 15 9 129 106 +23 45
3 Scootalove City 24 14 10 107 106 +1 42
4 Bongo Johnson 24 12 12 88 88 0 36
5 Somersville 24 9 15 96 106 −10 27
6 Equestrian States 24 5 19 73 125 −52 15

Group 2
Mampris 0 0 1 0 0 0 5 3 3 12
Cassadaigua 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 2 5

Vermont Of America 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
United States of Devonta 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 X 2

Nova Anglicana 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Fauxia 1 0 0 2 0 2 2 0 X 7

1 Nova Anglicana 24 17 7 120 101 +19 51
2 Cassadaigua 24 16 8 135 108 +27 48
3 Vermont Of America 24 12 12 131 94 +37 36
4 United States of Devonta 24 11 13 91 93 −2 33
5 Mampris 24 9 15 100 117 −17 27
6 Fauxia 24 7 17 79 143 −64 21

Group 3
Nagore 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2
Frenline Delpha 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 2 X 5

The Lone Star Union 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Ko-oren 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

West Saintland 0 0 0 1 1 6 4 0 2 14
Siroy 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 Frenline Delpha 24 16 8 110 80 +30 48
2 West Saintland 24 15 9 115 76 +39 45
3 The Lone Star Union 24 11 13 100 106 −6 33
4 Nagore 24 10 14 104 113 −9 30
5 Ko-oren 24 10 14 99 119 −20 30
6 Siroy 24 10 14 84 118 −34 30

Group 4
Cheongji 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
New Danican 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 2 X 4

Drawkland 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 2
Free Republics 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 4

Schiltzberg 0 4 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 7
Ovskovyk 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3

1 Schiltzberg 24 20 4 140 59 +81 60 Q
2 Free Republics 24 13 11 91 107 −16 39
3 Ovskovyk 24 12 12 116 118 −2 36
4 Drawkland 24 11 13 102 102 0 33
5 New Danican 24 10 14 98 110 −12 30
6 Cheongji 24 6 18 71 122 −51 18

Group 5
Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Zwangzug 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 X 2

Newmanistan 1 0 0 0 1 0 3 1 1 7
Gim 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 4

Karamiko 1 1 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 6
Sandberg 0 1 0 0 0 3 0 6 X 10

1 Newmanistan 24 19 5 139 70 +69 57
2 Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 24 14 10 97 88 +9 42
3 Zwangzug 24 13 11 100 86 +14 39
4 Karamiko 24 11 13 96 113 −17 33
5 Sandberg 24 10 14 112 118 −6 30
6 Gim 24 5 19 70 139 −69 15

Group 6
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 3
Gregoryisgodistan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2

Darmen 0 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 4
Novostela 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 X 5

Mount Pleasant 0 7 2 0 0 1 0 7 0 17
Tainese 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 0 4

1 Maklohi Vai 24 14 10 101 78 +23 42
2 Darmen 24 14 10 111 92 +19 42
3 Mount Pleasant 24 14 10 107 102 +5 42
4 Tainese 24 14 10 100 109 −9 42
5 Gregoryisgodistan 24 9 15 95 104 −9 27
6 Novostela 24 7 17 87 116 −29 21

Group 7
Lisander 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 1 4 1 0 X 6

Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 2 3 0 0 5
Super-Llamaland 0 0 1 0 6 0 0 0 X 7

Empire of Cats 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Hothnia 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 X 2

1 Super-Llamaland 24 18 6 125 71 +54 54
2 Abanhfleft 24 14 10 102 86 +16 42
3 Empire of Cats 24 12 12 105 94 +11 36
4 Lisander 24 10 14 68 99 −31 30
5 Hothnia 24 9 15 93 104 −11 27
6 Cosumar 24 9 15 88 127 −39 27

Group 8
The land of Land 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 3
Elgenstad 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 X 4

Hicanans In Exile 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 4 2 9
South Yerfilag 5 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7

Ethane 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 3
Tenburg 1 4 0 0 0 0 1 1 X 7

1 Ethane 24 16 8 115 85 +30 48
2 Tenburg 24 15 9 103 69 +34 45
3 Hicanans In Exile 24 15 9 98 81 +17 45
4 South Yerfilag 24 13 11 114 129 −15 39
5 The land of Land 24 7 17 91 122 −31 21
6 Elgenstad 24 6 18 74 109 −35 18
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Tainese
Lobbyist

Founded: May 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tainese » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:00 pm

0 0 1 0 2 0 0 2 1 6 Tainese
2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 Mount Pleasant

4 2 0 0 2 1 2 0 0 11 Tainese
0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 4 Novostela

0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 Maklohi Vai
0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 Tainese

Many Tainese reports focused on pitching. It was the pitching that carried the Tainese to the top of their Group. The Tainese clawed their way to the top of a Group that includes the seventh and thirteenth highest ranked teams in the tournament.

The coach made sure to mention that there was "still a long time left in the season." He added that "The Sharks cannot take anything for granted."

The toughest game in this stretch would have been against Maklohi Vai. MKV is one of the top 15 teams in the competition. The Tainese are still unranked and are hoping to make a playoff run to build a ranking quickly.

It is a tall order.

One player has stepped up on offense in this late season stretch. Ukiyo Nies is the team's first baseman.

Nies has been on a hot streak. He leads the team in batting percentage, hitting .294 and slugging .450. The most recent game against Novostela helped his percentage as he scored a 2-run home run, an RBI double and a single.

This first baseman is a natural lefty and has learned how to switch hit, batting from the left or right. He favors the left though. He also throws with his left, giving a slight advantage at catching attempts to throw out a stolen base on first, compared to a righty. He can also backhand balls hit along the foul line easier than a right hander. Nies is a classic left-handed first baseman.

He is the team's power hitter. Some say it may be from his lineage. Nies comes from the ancient feudal clan of African explorers who landed on the Tai Isles in the 1470s. They took over the peaceful nation and ruled in a secretive fashion. Four percent of the Tainese people carry the blood of these feudal lords. That's 960,000 people out of 24 million.

They are often found in business, medicine or working with art and theatre. They also do well in the pro leagues. Nies, several pitchers, the center fielder and the catcher carry this bloodline.

Several players can hit homeruns. Nies hits the long balls. Nies drives home runs deep into the stands, sometimes hitting signs or screens between levels.

He's not the team's fastest runner, but he's quick enough to grab a double.

While much of the Tainese sports world talked about the pitching, Ukiyo Nies earned a spot in nightly sports conversations.

The Tainese were surprised their team had done this well so far. There were still nine games left until the end of the group stage. But this was a good spot for an unranked team to be. Now they had to close things out. Over the three game stretch leading through Match Day 21, the Gold Sharks moved from fourth place to first in their Group.

Only the most bold Tainese who were basically propagandists would have predicted the Gold Sharks would have ever ranked first in a Group.

"Now we have to clamp down and earn a spot in the post season", said the First Baseman.

By the end of Match Day 24 however, the Tainese had fallen to the bottom of a four way tie for first. They would need to have a better stretch in these last 6 games than these other teams, as each had an identical record.

Again, it was a tall order. The Tainese looked to fill it.

1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 Gregoryisgodistan
0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 X 4 Tainese

0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 4 Tainese
4 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 X 6 Darmen

0 7 2 0 0 1 0 7 0 17 Mount Pleasant
0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 0 4 Tainese

The pitching collapse against Mount Pleasant threw the Tainese into worry. Many wondered how the Gold Sharks would handle the next three game stretch. Was the late season getting to them? They lost their lead. But they didn't fall away from the tie for the top record. The fact that this unranked team has stuck with the pack for this long draws attention.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Violence in Grande Mountain, MEN want Queen to take WBC away from city

It has often been said that Queen Cassie II’s biggest concern about returning the nation to international play was that it would get MEN (Male Equality Now) all riled up again after their protests to bring equal rights for men began to subside. When the nation actively participated in these competitions, Cassadagan men saw how the rosters of most other teams were mainly men and got them to wonder why they were being oppressed. They are not being oppressed, of course, they have plenty of good opportunities out there, too, but they want to be equal, and maybe even superior. Obviously, that cannot be allowed to happen. Once Cassadaigua won the International Basketball Championships crown to complete their five-sport sweep which has still never been duplicated, the nation gradually pulled away from the spotlight, citing that they had nothing more to accomplish. With that, eventually MEN was contained as well. They were never stopped, but they were under control.

The fear in returning is that there would be an uprising, and today we saw that happen in Grande Mountain, when a men’s rights protest turned violent. In Grande Mountain, the name of Seth Johnson, the college student who was raped and ridiculed by four Cassadagan female athletes which led to him committing suicide, became their adopted hero. But in the long run, Seth got his justice, it just took a while. Meghan Kinson received the death penalty. Ashley Stokes was killed by Kinson because Meghan was afraid she was going to turn them in. The other two eventually passed away in jail over the years. Still, the name Seth Johnson is a symbol of oppression. Therefore when a group of drunk sorority girls walked by the protest and made a series of derogatory comments about Johnson, and claiming that the protestors should kill themselves as well, things got pretty ugly.

A fight broke out between the girls and a few protestors, which led to more people getting involved on both sides. Eventually, someone pulled out a gun, and the shots rang out. A total of 8 men were hit by the bullets, six of which were killed while two more are in serious condition. Not too long after, three cars belonging to protestors were set ablaze. Police are still searching for the shooter as well as the drunk sorority girls that instigated the event. However, MEN President, Patrick I. Gavin in an interview in Concord Heights as he was not at the event, states that, “There is no excuse for them getting away. The police were there in plenty of time. This is a travesty that they have no arrests. I wonder how serious they are going to look for them. Grande Mountain is a disgusting city and nothing that happens there surprises me.”

In addition, Gavin said, “We implore the Queen that unless arrests are made immediately, that the city of Grande Mountain, the ugly scar of our nation, is stripped of its rights to host World Baseball Classic games.”

Queen Cassie has not yet responded.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:33 pm

NewsWars

I want to visit Grande Mountain
By: Anastasio Loggia

Recently, the heroic members of Male Equality Now (MEN), an organization that seeks equal rights for men in Cassadaigua, a nation whose men are even more oppressed than ours are, held a peaceful protest in the city of Grande Mountain where a college man named Seth Johnson was once raped by some big name Cassadagan athletes. While Meghan Kinson was eventually brought to justice, thanks to the efforts of MEN, NOM and the traditionalist vlogger "Sister" Maria Polus, Cassadagan society remains almost fanatically sexist and this sexism became worse during their absence from the international sports scene.

In the FFR, men's rights groups focus on issues like male disposability and the spending gap because we have already achieved equal rights for men in other areas. Men already have the right in virtually all Republics to choose not to support a child who is biologically theirs and we already have Federation-level legislation protecting due process in sex crime cases. We already have legislation protecting men from being fired for looking at or flirting with a female co-worker. We already have legislation protecting men who tell jokes in the workplace as well. We even have laws prohibiting any Republic from passing so-called "equal pay" laws that pay women more money for less work. Thanks to the Universal School Vouchers Act, it is also easy for boys to escape sexist school environments but even if it wasn't we have laws against drugging kids as well. Unfortunately, men in most other countries, including Cassadaigua, do not have even these basic rights that every decent society should provide.

The recent protest in Grande Mountain that I mentioned earlier was peaceful until a few sexist cows decided to show up and start telling the members of MEN to commit suicide. Soon, some evil bitches murdered 6 men and put 2 more in the hospital in serious condition. In an act reminiscent of the "anti-fascist" terrorism carried out by the Progressive loons in our nation in recent months, they also lit three automobiles on fire! These atrocities make plain the need for Cassadagan society to reform itself and begin recognizing that men are people too. I urge the Cassadagan authorities to arrest the shooter ASAP and to ensure that she gets the death penalty, as she deserves.

In light of all of this, I have decided to visit the city of Grande Mountain at the earliest possible opportunity. In fact, I want to hold a speech at Grande Mountain University or whatever they call the local college and I expect them to pay all of the security costs to ensure my safety and the safety of every men, woman and child in attendance. I intend to speak at length about the evils of feminism and traditionalism and why everybody should be a men's rights activist. In the event that they refuse to let me speak at Grande Mountain, I will be traveling to the upcoming World Baseball Classic along with several hundred NOM activists and we will be outside of the various stadiums picketing in support of equality for Cassadagan men and the human rights organization MEN. The National Organization for Men does not tolerate sexism in the FFR and we will no longer tolerate sexism abroad either!

By the way, I want to thank Walter Snyder and NewsWars for publishing this article, which was refused publication in News Magazine, where I used to be a contributor, because that magazine has now gone full-blown SJW in an attempt to pander to the criminal element of society for some retarded reason.

Anastasio Loggia is the President of the National Organization for Men. A lifelong advocate of equality for men, Anastasio has long been a staunch critic of the way men are treated in Republican society.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Tenburg
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tenburg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Tenburg Steps up BIG vs. Ethane, Closing In on No.1 Spot Despite Dropping Game to Hicana

The Metros made a big stride in both closing in on the top spot in their Group, as well as defending the second spot, in overcoming Ethane with a 7-3 win. This puts them only one game back from the top spot, and while Hicana has matched them step for step, it seems more likely that the two of them will both surpass Ethane, before Hicana knocks Tenburg from the second spot, barring a catastrophic breakdown on the part of the Metros. Every game becomes more crucial as time winds down however, and the determined, riotous Mets will be expected to keep this pace going if they wish to make the coveted WBC playoffs, and in the process become the first Tennish national team to ever do so.

The next game sees them being hosted by The Land of Land. Liam Mahone will start on the mound.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:17 pm

"...I have an e-mail here from Kathryn in Nuel who wishes for me to pass along her congratulations and best wishes to her cousin James, married this past weekend, and his husband Aaron. All the best to the both of you! And Kathryn adds 'maybe James will stop going on about how attractive he found unremarkable Tigers northpaw Tyler McOwski from back in the day.' I'd wish you luck, Kathryn, but family in-jokes never really die.

Kathryn also asks if, other than Lek Yee, I've been able to pry any political opinions out of the contemporary Zebras. Speaking for the players, anyway, not even I dare ask Dunburk to fill out one of beyond60.zz's precisely-calibrated opinion polls. Well, Kathryn, I have to say it hasn't exactly been at the top of my agenda, most of the players are more interested in praising their teammates or opponents with increasingly false modesty or giving me glibly meaningless soundbytes when I try to pin them down for any semblance of a group prediction, so politics has had to take a back seat to sports for the time being. The benchwarmers, not just Yee, are a bit more talkative though. Perhaps they think that getting their personalities known a bit more will result in some increased playing time? Hard to say.

It won't come as an incredible surprise that both Clark Diazona and Hubert Belquist, of Bassabook and Nuel respectively, lean towards the Progressive Traditionalists. What I did find curious is that Belquist used to consider himself an Isolationist! 'If we don't have a budget to engage with the rest of the world, why hang around and pretend like we do,' was the point he made, and I suppose there's a case to be made for commitment. But with the previous Classic opening up an opportunity for Zwangzug to compete as part of the international community, he drifted a little more towards the southeastern consensus and away from leaving economic policy to whatever coalition had formed to do other things.

Imogene Nuren-Vons seems to mostly go for the Mental Asylum Party. 'Mostly I think the local level is where we can have the biggest influence, though,' she says. 'Mayors, independents, that kind of thing. I'm all for devolution so each district can support health in their own way.'

As for Fiona Subel-Burvin, she felt on prickly terms with me. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say a newfound Pragmatic Radical, though whether that's in reaction to local Zwischen politics or even, shall we say, a backlash against more recent statewide revelations was unclear. Or maybe she's just cynical enough to have disengaged entirely? That would be a shame.

She certainly can block the plate though, as seen filling in for Marc Fleuggemann against Gim! Tremendous if daring performance, Dunburk will have to be thinking about how and where to deploy her..."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Tainese
Lobbyist

Founded: May 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tainese » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Mala Kyou is known nationally as 'The Glorious Queen' of the Tainese Islands. She is known for ruling the tropical Asian Tainese Nation with an iron fist. Her authoritarian style is mostly benevolent. Her country is very traditional and her government does care for its people. The economy and pay scale is pretty good. There is always something to do. The Tainese have taken care of the environment and even began the move towards green energy.

Still, they kept their hands off their industries. Regulations were limited mainly to the environment. There were a lot of 'gray areas' where companies could turn a profit. There was also some privatization of some social services.

Queen Kyou knew she would have to give certain rights to both the far left and far right, while not alienating the centrists. It was a tightrope and protests have been increasing.

When The Glorious Queen's international broadcast of the World Baseball Classic talked of another populace protesting another Queen, she was outraged. She didn't have all the facts. That wouldn't stop her from making an international statement.

She went right to her press room and told the manager to turn the cameras on.

Kyou moved into spin mode, blaming the protestors. "There was such violence near Grande Mountain, in Cassadaigua. The protestors got out of control and somebody got shot. This is why we have strict controls on our protests here in the Tainese Islands."

There have been several major protests in the Tainese Islands recently, many of which are ignored.

The sexes were treated fairly equally in the Tai Islands, but there are a few peculiarities. Only women could inherit the role she currently held as Head of State and Government. The official reasoning was that men lacked the sensibility and mental fitness to run a nation. This is the same reason the nation's most elite tier one military force is all female.

Queen Kyou even mentioned them in her statement. "We should send the Ninety Sixth Longbow to that mountain and help secure those violent protestors." Instead of mentioning the brutality against the protestors, she twisted the event for her own statement.

The '96° သရ်တ်' was that all female unit, which makes the statement even less politically correct.

Of course it was all spin and most internationals would be able to see that. But the Tainese would accept it. It was easier than asking questions. Besides, things weren't that bad for that Tainese. It was definitely insensitive though, and out of touch. It was really as simple as one ruler offering diplomatic support of another during a political hiccup. A 'pat on the back' to take away the said hiccup.

Besides, Queen Kyou could use the airtime to promote herself and legitimize her rule internationally.

Most Gold Sharks would not comment on the Queen's statement, refusing in an almost panicked and definitely embarrassed tone, one by one. "No comment, no comment."

Closer Jou Sadamune walked away from the cameras when he was asked. The cameramen followed. Sadamune took off in a sprint. He didn't want to be seen on camera being associated with the event. He made it worse as he disappeared around a corner.

The team's First Baseman Ukiyo Nies is the only one who talked to the reporters. "I think I can speak for the Tainese people and say we all believe in equality for all."

He took his nation on his back and differentiated the views of the people from "The Mad Queen", as Mala Kyou was called behind closed doors. Some say the only reason Nies could speak out is because he was from an elite group of Blackinese. That group responded by telling critics to stop stirring up trouble.

"The Queen has the right to speak", said Blackinese pundit Yuk Sung-Hiyama. "She isn't pushing for any official action, just speaking."

His critics quickly accused him of being in the Queen's pocket.
Last edited by Tainese on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

West Phoencia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby West Phoencia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:19 am

Deadly shooting in Cassadaigua may cause West Phoenicia's boycott.

The West Phoenician Baseball Association has called on the nation of Cassadaigua to deal with a rise in violence that has occurred at a protest for male equality which left 6 dead and property destruction and has left West Phoenicia concerned for the welfare of their baseball team.

With the West Phoenician Confederates primed to progress in their grouping after another 3 matches that saw them dominate there is grave concern for the players welfare if they were to travel to Cassadaigua.

It has called for an increase in security and arrests from the violent parties before West Phoenicia will travel and endanger the lives of their players who are all male and seen as inferior. West Phoenician males will not be treated as second class. Confederate coach Mary Zomdonia an avid feminist and member of the West Phoenician Womens Assembly has denounced the nation as living in the past and an embarrassment to foreign females.

With the goal being to win the finals the violence that has erupted has serious concerns, with West Phoenicia choosing to boycott if the problems are not settled in the short time before the finals. No one should play a sport of goodwill with threats of being shot or mauled by rabid protesters.

We may be winning but not at the cost of life or dignity.
Last edited by West Phoencia on Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mount Pleasant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Pleasant » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:08 am

Interview with a random Pleasantrian baseball fan, part 5
Matchday Twenty Four; versus Tainese, Tai Hut

Well, this is the one game where my boss pays for my overseas travel fare, and my goodness me was this game worth it. And with me, I have a fellow traveling fan to actually interview! What's your name, if I may ask?

Steeevvveuruuugghhhh.......

I presume Steven?

You're damn right, you sexy thaang.

Okay, so I had to presume you've had a few drinks?

Welll, ya see... I had...my HOMBRES FOR LIFE THAT..I LOVE VEEEeeeeery much...they staid--saidded--said to me that if...the mount pleaSANT TEAM score more than tenn runs that game...I...I take however many shouuuuurrggghh....shots that they scorrreee...

Just your lucky day for them to score seventeen?

yeah, yeah...yeSHCREW YOU SHOUHEE SATO! Yooouuu you had sixxx....seven...six...six point five RBIs man! Youuu made be..me....MOI AND MYSELF....take sevvven shots in the seven....secondth inning....WHYYYYY????

There there, I'll get you a cab to your hotel soon. What do you think of Tainese's pitching meltdown today?

They pitch liiiiike ME. AND IIIIIIIII'm perfectly alRIGHT! My HOMBRE HERE can say that for me, right comPADRE??

I only asked you for an interview five minutes ago...

Ohhhhhhhh....ahhh. Are yo-youuuu look like...a GIRRRL. Do you want anything's...that I haveeee???

Not quite. Though I bet, with Mount Pleasant in a four way tie for first in Group 6, you'd be rooting for the Mount Pleasant Fire to bid for the knockout stages?

Listen here, I'll fiiind....A WAY...tooooooo four way tie YOU into a beddddd...*collapses*

About time...

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 am

WBC 40, TRULY A COLOSSAL FOLLOW-UP

In what was meant to be the follow-up to the Colossal Champions Cup, which was WBC 40, it is questionable whether or not this is actually more so a colossal champions cup itself. While the official Colossal Champions Cup, which was held in Frenline Delpha for WBC 39, featured the comeback of a lot of old teams, such as Cassadaigua, Zwangzug, and Darmen, as well as Newmanistan who returned in WBC 38, it actually did not see very many of these teams go very far, because three of them were unranked, and only one of them made it to the final four, allowing (ironically) for a first-time champion to win the Colossal Champions Cup, no hate intended toward Ethane. This time around though, all of last year's champions have returned, plus defending champions Ethane, so that makes this season the one with the most former champions playing in it at nine former champions. The thing that makes it even better is that for the most part, these champions are doing well, as one has already clinched, five of them are currently leading their respective divisions, seven of them are in a position to advance, and all of them but Gregoryisgodistan still have a legitimate shot at winning their respective group and advancing to the playoffs. If the season ended today, seven former champions would advance into the round of sixteen, which would be truly extraordinary, bringing to mind the question of which Classic is truly the Colossal Champions Cup, WBC 39 or WBC 40...

The first champion we will discuss is the host, three-time champions Cassadaigua. The host team has a great history of success and truly had a high expectation for success this season, but with this just being the second season size the team's return and at only the 23rd place rank, it seemed questionable about whether or not the Cassadaigan team would be able to advance to the playoffs this season. They have done extraordinarily well though. They have stayed competitive in their group, which features number two ranked Nova Anglicana, and they have put up a 16-8 record through match day 24, putting them in a position to advance into the playoffs at second place in the division, and they hold a comfortable four-game lead over third place Vermont of America with only six games left. They have stayed surprisingly close with Nova Anglicana, who was expected to run away with this group, just one game behind them for first place. A first place finish would put Cassadaigua in one of the better seeds going into the playoffs and would give them a better chance to advance deeper into the tournament. With a magic number at 3, it seems likely that Cassadaigua will advance to the playoffs. Last season, they were knocked out in the quarterfinals, but could this season be the one where they return to the final four?

While this year's hosts are experiencing unexpected success, last year's hosts, Frenline Delpha, continue to dominate the competition as expected. They have put up a similar record at 16-8, but lacking a serious threat in the group that is at the level of Nova Anglicana, this is good enough for first place. The Anacondas hold only a one game lead one first place, one game ahead of West Saintland, but they hold a comfortable five-game lead over third place The Lone Star Union, which puts them close to clinching a playoff spot with just six games left. Finishing as the champions just two seasons ago, they fell short last season, but they have great motivation do so well this season and start a dynasty of their own for the coming seasons. With their magic number down to just two, their odds of advancing to the playoffs are pretty good at this point. Expect Frenline Delpha to improve on their performance from last season this time around.

Group four features the almighty Schiltzberg, which has dominated throughout this Classic thus far. At a 20-4 record, they hold a seven game lead on their division, which is enough to clinch them the number one place in their division, let alone a spot in the playoffs. Schiltzberg has put up the best numbers across the board this WBC, leading the league in record, runs for, runs against, and runs differential, making them the favorite at this point to win this Classic. It is worthy of note though that Schiltzberg also led in all of these categories at this time last season, and they still did not win the tournament, having to settle for third place. As the first team to clinch a playoff spot, there is no doubt that the Schiltzbergers are the best team out there right now. They will make it their goal to defend their first place rank, to maintain their dynasty, and to bring the championship back home to Schiltzberg in what would be a record-breaking fifth championship for the team. There are still a lot of rounds left to be played, but if the title was awarded to the team that did best in the preliminary round, it would go to Schiltzberg at this point.

When Newmanistan chose to enter competition in WBC 38, most people expected a simply symbolic return. Nobody expected the team to return to the level of play that they had been at so many years before. Now, three seasons into their return, they are not quite at that level yet, but they are close to it. With a 19-5 record, they are in a position to win the second place seed into the tournament, just one game behind first place overall. They are also in second place for runs for and third place for runs against, putting them at the second best team so far this season. With a five-game lead on their division and a six-game lead on third place Zwangzug, their magic number is at one, and their advancement to the playoffs is all but clinched. Last year, Newmanistan put up a solid preliminary round, but then they exited in the round of sixteen, which ended a streak that went back all the way to their beginnings as a team for never being eliminated before the quarterfinals. After this disappointing, Newmanistan hopes to make up for it by going deep in this tournament. It seems like a fifth title could be a possibility for this team after all.

Also in that same group is two-time champion Zwangzug. Compared to a lot of the other former champions, Zwangzug's results have been a bit more modest, putting up a 13-11 record and holding a third place spot in the group. This is not bad though, considering that they are in the second year of their return and do have a winning record at least. They are only one game behind second place Union of Socialist Alpine Republics, and with six games left, there is still plenty of time for Zwangzug to come back and make a playoff spot. Last year, Zwangzug did not do very well, so it is an improvement on last year to simply be a contender in their group. With a ways to go in this season, Zwangzug still has a chance at the playoffs, and they can't be counted out yet.

A lot of eyes have been on group six this season, which still maintains a four-way tie for first twenty-four games into the season. One of the teams that is a part of that four-way tie for first is one-time champion Darmen. Along with over half of their division, Darmen holds a 14-10 record, which puts them tied for first. With the four-way tie, the upcoming games will be crucial in determining Darmen's fate. It is too early to tell whether or not they will advance at this point because it is simply too close to call, but Darmen definitely has a legitimate chance if they stay on their game and play hard for the next six games. Last year, they had a disappointing preliminary round exit, and they do not want to fall into this fate again. Fortunately, they have improved as a team to still be a contender this late in the season, and hopefully they will be able to secure a playoff berth.

Also in group six is fellow one-time champion Gregoryisgodistan. Unfortunately for them, with a 9-15 record, they are not a part of the four-way tie for first. This is surprising, because Gregoryisgodistan has been making the playoffs every season for a long time, and this time it seems like they will definitely not be making it. It has been known for several seasons now that the Bat Slaves have been on a decline, but probably nobody predicted for them to do this poorly in this season. It is ironic that with all of these champions making new returns and starting as unranked, one of the teams that is on its current run as a champion would be the least successful in this colossal follow-up. That just goes to show how the returning champions have outdone themselves and surpassed a lot of the "current champions" on a lot of different levels.

The great Super-Llamaland team holds an 18-6 record, which puts them in a position for the third place seed going into the tournament. The Super-Llamaland team has been good every year, but for the past couple of seasons, they have continually fallen short, and they have not made the final four since their second place finish in WBC 37. The three-time champions have been fighting for their fourth title for some time now, and they are still a really good team, but they just haven't had the luck to finish it off and get their fourth title. With a six-game lead over third place Empire of Cats, they are just one game away from clinching yet another playoff berth. This time around, they hope to finish the job and join the club as the third team in history to become four-time champions.

Last but not least is Ethane, the defending champions. They are a part of a tight group with four teams that are within three games of the first place spot in the group. Luckily, Ethane is currently in first, holding a one-game lead on the division with a 16-8 record. If Ethane wants to advance though, and they certainly do, they must not let up here. They are in a group with a lot of qualified teams that have the potential to knock them out of that playoff spot. Chances are, Ethane will advance, but their magic number is still up at six with as many games left, so it could be tricky. Should they advance, Ethane will no doubt fight to defend their title and try to establish a dynasty for themselves. Only time will tell if they will be able to do it.

This Is Your New Schiltzbierg Times Sports News!
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:27 am

Match Report: Woodward & Clarke Has Solid Outing, Flynn and Offense Continues to Struggle
Solid starts from the #3 and #1 pitcher help the Thunderheads get a streak of two wins, but bullpen issues and cold bats persist
SHARE THIS:
Clifton Pierce (@CliffsPier)(TH)
Uriel 50, 601AE 1:00 PM | Vaumort, Anthor

Vaumort, Anthor(Herald) — With just six games left in the group stages, the Thunderheads have been performing on a much more successful level, but need to keep playing hard if they want to win a playoff spot for the first time in their WBC history. Our last three games series featured match ups against Bongo Johnson, Scootalove City and West Phoenicia, and would prove a very critical series as the first two teams are apart of the gang of middleweights chasing us for our second place seat, and West Phoenicia is who were are chasing to try and win the group, but at this rate it appears that individual goal may just be out of reach.

The first game against Bongo Johnson, Sean Woodward takes to the mound looking to avenge some more sluggish starts in this Classic, and ends up having a very solid outing, eventually turning out a solid eight innings pitched before he was relieved by the closer Logan Grange, allowing only 4 hits, and three of those in that inning, and a solid 9 punchouts and 2 walks. He also had some run support thanks to a combination of strung along hits in the fifth, when Bradley Green slapped a line drive down the third base foul line and managed to pull it into second on his third double of the Classic, and then he was immediately followed by Tony Russell who hit it deep into the gap, driving Green home and putting himself on third thanks to the classic Tony Russell leaping dive that managed to beat out the throw from the outfield to the third baseman. Following Russell was Albert Hough who managed to repeat his team mates efforts by also hitting for a double, driving Russell in to give the Thunderheads a solid 2-0 lead; unfortunately, Hough would get thrown out trying to steal third for the third out, ending the very nice inning for Anthor. Woodward would get replaced in the 8th after loading the bases on 2 outs, and Grange would come in and slam the door shut on that inning by striking out the next batter, however the 9th nearly resulted in him earning himself a blown save when he gave up a single hit and then a deep bomb to center field in the next at-bat; Sean McPherson had to rescue him in the bottom of the 9th when he himself went deep with Greer on second to edge Anthor over just enough to win the game.

The second game, definitely was not the outing that Nathan Flynn was looking for, especially after performing so well in recent starts; he gets pulled in the 5th after giving up 6 earned runs, 11 hits, while only collecting 5 punchouts, 3 walks, and 98 pitches thrown. Elliot Dougherty comes in for him, and with a scoreline of 6-2 not in their favor, he's just looking to help staunch the bleeding and praying that the bats can come alive before it's all too late; he manages to go for three innings pitched and nine K's, before Matthew Chalmers comes on to close the door in the 9th; he manages to give up three hits and a run before doing so, but was thankfully supported by a grand slam from McPherson in the 8th and then base clearing two run scoring triple from center fielder Daniel Aitken in the 9th, to help the Thunderheads earn a back to back win, and secure their spot in 2nd place.

The third game, Noah Clarke looking to reap some good buzz after very shaky starts here in the 40th World Baseball Classic, he really starts to look like himself two seasons ago again, turning in a performance of seven innings pitched (for a total of 118 pitches), eleven strikeouts, and only 2 earned runs, the game tied when Frazer Donaldson takes over for him on the mound. However, the bullpen severely dropped the ball again, as Donaldson ends up giving up 4 earned runs, including a three run home run in the 8th, and the Anthoran bats were completely chilled, only getting three more hits and not a single run as they drop the game to the group leader 5-2.

Cliff Pierce contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • Ducks qualify for first WCOH QF; how fare can they go? [ 567891 ]
  • Pemberton announces coalition of 65 other MPs and introduces a comprehensive industry climate reforms [ 345671 ]
  • Qasdeni bid to revive AOHC [ 846183 ]
MORE FROM TH
  • Arnhelm announces plans to add 1,000 more stores by the end of Q3 2018 [ 54136 ]
  • Q2 RITS construction causes major delays around city connections and highways; Detours and more inside [ 1987451 ]
  • Health Minister Cox states that a top-down restructure of Internal Citizen's Care System is required "immediately" [ 2387972 ]
    Comments [ 456312 ]
    © Tharsius Herald Ltd 2014

456312 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:48 am

2036 Batter-Up! Baseball League of Darmen: Weeks 21 & 22

Brady City Braves 0–8 Eau Claire Barons
Brady City Braves 3–17 Eau Claire Barons
Brady City Braves 2–5 Eau Claire Barons
Brady City Braves 1–10 Eau Claire Barons

Tilden Islanders 6–3 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Tilden Islanders 3–2 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Tilden Islanders 6–1 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Tilden Islanders 7–2 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks

Liverpool Mustangs 6–5 Hallie Eagles
Liverpool Mustangs 4–5 Hallie Eagles
Liverpool Mustangs 1–3 Hallie Eagles
Liverpool Mustangs 7–6 Hallie Eagles

Jim Falls Sturgeons 3–0 Darmen City White Sox
Jim Falls Sturgeons 1–10 Darmen City White Sox
Jim Falls Sturgeons 8–7 Darmen City White Sox
Jim Falls Sturgeons 1–0 Darmen City White Sox

Stanley Loggers 4–5 Augusta Athletics
Stanley Loggers 2–6 Augusta Athletics
Stanley Loggers 3–5 Augusta Athletics
Stanley Loggers 2–4 Augusta Athletics

Menomonie Eagles 0–1 Royal BC
Menomonie Eagles 8–9 Royal BC
Menomonie Eagles 4–6 Royal BC
Menomonie Eagles 3–6 Royal BC

Tim City Athletics 0–4 Scott City Blue Jays
Tim City Athletics 0–6 Scott City Blue Jays
Tim City Athletics 0–8 Scott City Blue Jays
Tim City Athletics 0–10 Scott City Blue Jays

Cadott Red Sox 10–2 Bloomer Woodticks
Cadott Red Sox 6–3 Bloomer Woodticks
Cadott Red Sox 0–3 Bloomer Woodticks
Cadott Red Sox 6–5 Bloomer Woodticks
Jim Falls Sturgeons 5–8 Brady City Braves
Jim Falls Sturgeons 6–10 Brady City Braves
Jim Falls Sturgeons 7–5 Brady City Braves
Jim Falls Sturgeons 4–0 Brady City Braves

Darmen City White Sox 4–6 Liverpool Mustangs
Darmen City White Sox 3–2 Liverpool Mustangs
Darmen City White Sox 6–3 Liverpool Mustangs
Darmen City White Sox 1–6 Liverpool Mustangs

Hallie Eagles 1–6 Tilden Islanders
Hallie Eagles 3–1 Tilden Islanders
Hallie Eagles 1–5 Tilden Islanders
Hallie Eagles 8–4 Tilden Islanders

Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 0–8 Eau Claire Barons
Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 0–5 Eau Claire Barons
Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 3–7 Eau Claire Barons
Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 0–10 Eau Claire Barons

Cadott Red Sox 2–4 Stanley Loggers
Cadott Red Sox 4–0 Stanley Loggers
Cadott Red Sox 1–10 Stanley Loggers
Cadott Red Sox 1–9 Stanley Loggers

Bloomer Woodticks 2–3 Tim City Athletics
Bloomer Woodticks 4–6 Tim City Athletics
Bloomer Woodticks 5–2 Tim City Athletics
Bloomer Woodticks 2–6 Tim City Athletics

Scott City Blue Jays 5–3 Menomonie Eagles
Scott City Blue Jays 3–1 Menomonie Eagles
Scott City Blue Jays 8–3 Menomonie Eagles
Scott City Blue Jays 3–9 Menomonie Eagles

Royal BC 3–2 Augusta Athletics
Royal BC 3–2 Augusta Athletics
Royal BC 3–5 Augusta Athletics
Royal BC 6–3 Augusta Athletics
Brady City Braves 3–0 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Brady City Braves 5–0 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Brady City Braves 0–3 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks
Brady City Braves 5–0 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks

Eau Claire Barons 4–1 Hallie Eagles
Eau Claire Barons 19–0 Hallie Eagles
Eau Claire Barons 1–4 Hallie Eagles
Eau Claire Barons 7–1 Hallie Eagles

Tilden Islanders 8–3 Darmen City White Sox
Tilden Islanders 3–2 Darmen City White Sox
Tilden Islanders 5–1 Darmen City White Sox
Tilden Islanders 4–0 Darmen City White Sox

Liverpool Mustangs 2–5 Jim Falls Sturgeons
Liverpool Mustangs 2–3 Jim Falls Sturgeons
Liverpool Mustangs 3–5 Jim Falls Sturgeons
Liverpool Mustangs 6–0 Jim Falls Sturgeons

Stanley Loggers 0–7 Royal BC
Stanley Loggers 0–20 Royal BC
Stanley Loggers 0–7 Royal BC
Stanley Loggers 3–6 Royal BC

Augusta Athletics 2–9 Scott City Blue Jays
Augusta Athletics 1–9 Scott City Blue Jays
Augusta Athletics 1–7 Scott City Blue Jays
Augusta Athletics 1–8 Scott City Blue Jays

Menomonie Eagles 1–4 Bloomer Woodticks
Menomonie Eagles 4–8 Bloomer Woodticks
Menomonie Eagles 6–5 Bloomer Woodticks
Menomonie Eagles 10–1 Bloomer Woodticks

Tim City Athletics 6–4 Cadott Red Sox
Tim City Athletics 5–4 Cadott Red Sox
Tim City Athletics 6–1 Cadott Red Sox
Tim City Athletics 5–2 Cadott Red Sox
Northern League            Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD    Win %
1 Eau Claire Barons 130 123 7 1037 198 +839 0.946
2 Tilden Islanders 130 89 41 600 368 +232 0.685
3 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks 130 69 61 507 492 +15 0.531
4 Hallie Eagles 130 57 73 467 604 −137 0.438
5 Brady City Braves 130 56 74 408 596 −188 0.431
6 Jim Falls Sturgeons 130 40 90 410 659 −249 0.308
7 Darmen City White Sox 130 40 90 364 630 −266 0.308
8 Liverpool Mustangs 130 39 91 398 686 −288 0.300

Southern League Pld W L RF RA RD Win %
1 Scott City Blue Jays 130 122 8 906 222 +684 0.938
2 Royal BC 130 102 28 638 375 +263 0.785
3 Augusta Athletics 130 79 51 593 452 +141 0.608
4 Menomonie Eagles 130 74 56 555 502 +53 0.569
5 Tim City Athletics 130 49 81 448 570 −122 0.377
6 Bloomer Woodticks 130 36 94 339 672 −333 0.277
7 Stanley Loggers 130 35 95 331 637 −306 0.269
8 Cadott Red Sox 130 30 100 341 679 −338 0.231
Blue Jays claim Southern League Title
Barons vs. Blue Jays for League Championship

Despite their 11-1 record over the past twelve games, the Royal BC has been eliminated from contention for the Southern League pennant. Their rivals in the standings, the Scott City Blue Jays, were able to match their 11-1 record in the standings, and in doing so have clinched the title of Southern League champions with two and a half weeks remaining in the schedule.

The Blue Jays will now face the Eau Claire Barons for the Batter-Up! Baseball League of Darmen Championship Series. The seven game series will see the Blue Jays have home field advantage, although many suspect the series may end after only the first four matchups. The Barons took the regular season series 4-2, claiming three of their four victories at home. However, their complete dominance of their opponents on both offense and defense makes them the favorites heading into the Series.

Foreign Affairs Secretary urges Cassadaigua to improve Men's rights

Following an unfortunate outbreak of violence between the sexes in the Cassadiaguan city of Grande Mountain, Darmeni Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Joshua Rademacher urged Queen Cassie the IInd and other Cassadagan government officials to continue to improve the rights of men in that nation.

"We implore our southern Rushmori neighbors in Cassadaigua to continue in their efforts to bring about equality between males and females in that nation. It is true that progress on the issue has been made, but the government of Cassadaigua must not become complacent with the status quo."

The statement comes following a violent protest between MEN, or Male Equality Now) and a group of reportedly drunk sorority girls. The violence resulted in six deaths and two injuries, plus the destruction of several cars. It is reported however that law enforcement authorities in the area are not taking the situation as seriously as one would expect for a well developed and modern nation.

Rademacher has stated that a trip to Cassadaigua to meet with government officials there and possibly even the Queen herself may occur, and could happen alongside a possible trip there by the Darmeni National Baseball team for the knockout rounds. The Foreign Affairs Secretary is well known to be an exponent of Pan-Rushmorism and may also use the trip to encourage the nation to join the Common Rushmori Community, despite Darmen's own lack of membership.

The National Baseball Team, led by Manager Sawyer Pratt, currently sits in second place in Group Six of qualifying, a position that would see them advance to the knockout stages. However, four other teams have an identical record (14 wins and 10 loses), and the remaining six games of qualifying will prove extremely important. Neither Mr. Pratt, nor BU!BL Commissioner Frank Richardson could be reached for comment on either the situation in Cassadaigua or the possibility of being accompanied on their potential visit to the nation by members of the Executive Cabinet.

Meanwhile, when asked by a member of the press if Rademacher felt like a hypocrite for calling out Cassadaigua on men's rights when Darmen's record on women's rights could also be questioned, Rademacher refused to respond. When asked to confirm or deny reports that Darmen's delegation to the Summer Olympics in Kelssek and Vekaiyu was heavily made up of a large amount of men with only a handful of female athletes, Rademacher answered by referring the journalists to Secretary of State for Culture and Sports, Jost MacKenna.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:57 am

TDDROH Sports chat

Is this the part where you make a headline?

Scootalove City        0 0 0 2 4 0 1 0 0  7
Somersville 1 0 0 1 2 0 0 2 0 6

-Anthor- 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 4 2 8
Scootalove City 0 0 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 7

Scootalove City 0 0 1 5 2 1 0 0 0 9
Equestrian States 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

1 West Phoencia 24 17 7 120 82 +38 51
2 -Anthor- 24 15 9 129 106 +23 45
3 Scootalove City 24 14 10 107 106 +1 42
4 Bongo Johnson 24 12 12 88 88 0 36
5 Somersville 24 9 15 96 106 −10 27
6 Equestrian States 24 5 19 73 125 −52 15

Hey, first time writing an article I guess. The guy who normally comes in and writes this took a vacation today, so I'm just trying to take over for him today.

So, we won twice again and the time we lost was a really close game. That two run homer by John Kirby looked good, I must admit.

But hey, the clean last two innings by Paul Mins in that Somersville was rather good pitching i'd say, and the fourth inning in the Equestrian States game was just beautiful.

So yeah, not much else to say other than keep up the good work Scootalove City.

This is Jane Jackson, reporting for TDDROH Sports chat.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports