NATION

PASSWORD

Mellow-Brook Academy OOC: A Metahuman Academy Rp (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

How long should the Hiatus last?

2 weeks, (to give time for resolution of rl thgns)
29%
a month
No votes
As long as need be
71%

Total votes : 7

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Mellow-Brook Academy OOC: A Metahuman Academy Rp (Open)

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Mellow-Brook Academy Interest and Worldbuilding Thread
Worldbuilding-OOC-IC
Mellow-Brook Academy was founded in the early 1900s in the Northern Midwest. It was founded in the state of Wyoming, One of the least populous yet most expansive states in the Union. Its relative isolation from all civilization but the nearby town of Beaver Bay serves its purposes well. For decades it has served to educate all kinds of students, from privileged youths whose parents are too soft to send them to boot camp to teens who have had to settle for a less than ideal educational institution. Others still range from delinquents to the children of drifters and wanderers or even the occasional worth runaway.

This is not the true purpose of the academy however. The true, secret purpose is to house and secretly train those of rather unusual talents. They are Metahumans, those with abilities beyond those of normal humans. Unfortunately, humanity shuns what it does not understand, and the vast majority of them are in hiding. The Founder and the Subsequent headmasters of Mellow-Brook have secretly gathered these Metahumans to train and keep them safe. Unfortunately many Metahumans have troubled pasts and more than a few have entered the Academy bearing the title of Delinquent or Troublemaker or some similar judgmental title. For many years Mellow-Brook has peacefully operated, until recently that is.

During an in-town party held by Seniors of Mellow-Brook, tragedy struck. The party itself lasted until the early morning. When the bleary eyed youths awoke with massive hangovers, they were shocked, finding the body of a dead party-goer. It appeared to be and was ruled as an overdose, the strange thing was the Student, Sebastien Morrow had been famously known for his lack of partaking of such things at parties. He was also one of the few Academy students who attended the local church religiously. In the months since the youths death, federal agents have shown up on occasion and a new school year has started.

OP=Myself
Co-OPs=None, yet

Rules
1. Keep it Pg-13 and follow the rules of this thread and NS in general. (No Godmodding, Metagaming, etc)
2. The Ops word is law and the Co-Ops are his enforcers. Three strikes and you are out, some leeway may be given.
3. No Overpowered Characters. Most of the Students that do have powers will not have great control over them and they won’t be all that effective, most likely. Metahumans and their powers are secret, those outside the academy know little if anything about them, the exceptions being the wealthy and the poor as well as select members of the Government and their agents and the criminal equivalent of the former.
4. Character limit of 3 characters, this includes any teachers you may have. Rule may be stretched and does not apply to the OP or their Co-OP’s.
5. Don’t be a dick in the OOC, meaning no arguments; you can take any arguments to TG. Your character can act how they want within reason. Do not post OOC stuff in the Ic and no One Liners.
6. Do not alter the App in any way unless instructed otherwise, doing so will count as a strike and evidence that you have not read the rules. You can link to the powers/skills if need be, but give a description as well. You can remove the things in Parenthesis.
7. Most of your characters will be teenagers, with some exceptions. I expect them to act their age.
8. If you will be gone, tell me or one of my Co-Ops. After 2 days of inactivity you will be TG’ed/Contacted after 5 the character will either be removed or given to another rper, possibly.
9. None of these rules are set in stone and may be changed/revised/added on to.
9.5 Have fun

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=200][b][color=#800000]Mellow-Brook Academy[/color][/b][/size]
[b][size=150]Student App[/size][/b]
[img]Picture%20Goes%20here[/img][/align]
[b]Name[/b]: (Obvious, include any nick names or monikers)
[b]Age[/b]: (between 13-18, exceptions may be allowed.)
[b]Appearance[/b]: (Description, Include details not not easily tellable in the pic, such as weight, height any other features that cant be seen or that are additions.)
[b]Biography[/b]: (Atleast 2 paragraphs, or more. Exceptions amy be allowed, but taht will be determined by the Op and the Co-OP's. Please do not make your character all gritty and dark and hateful, exceptions may be allowed.)
[b]Abilities/Skills[/b] (Abilities mean Metahuman powers such as Elemental Manipulation, Skills refers to mundane abilities such as good at sports, etc. I would prefer if the powers are connected in some way, though if the powers form a set/theme an exception may be allowed.)
(Use this bulleted list within the box to list your powers. Yes, you may have more than 3 powers/abilities, just add more bullets using two brackets and a star. Descriptions accompanying your powers would be great as well!)
[box][list]
[*][b]POWER GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of power goes here]
[*][b]POWER GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of power goes here][/list][/box]

[b]Weaknesses[/b] (List the limits of their abilities here, if they have any, if not put any character flaws they might have, or put both if applicable.)
[box][list]
[*][b]Weakness GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of weakness goes here]
[*][b]Weakness GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of weakness goes here][/list][/box]
[b]Rp Sample[/b]: (Please include at least three recent examples, If i know you, only one is needed)

[b][u]Optional[/u][/b] (These are entirely optional and are for immersion and enjoyment and are not mandatory.)
[b]Likes/Dislikes[/b]:
[b]Fears[/b]:
[b]Theme[/b]:
[b]Voice actor[/b]:
[b]D&d Alignment[/b]:
[b]Tropes[/b]:

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=200][b][color=#800000]Mellow-Brook Academy[/color][/b][/size]
[b][size=150]Non-Student App[/size][/b]
[img]Picture%20Goes%20here[/img][/align]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]: (between 18+, keep the age reasonable, but exceptions may be allowed.)
[b]Appearance[/b]: (Description, Include details not not easily tellable in the pic, such as weight, height any other features that cant be seen or that are additions.)
[b]Occupation[/b]: (put teacher and what class if a Teacher, if not list what their profession is)
[b]Biography[/b]: (Atleast 2 paragraphs, or more. Exceptions amy be allowed, but taht will be determined by the Op and the Co-OP's. Please do not make your character all gritty and dark and hateful, exceptions may be allowed.)
[b]Abilities/Skills[/b] (Abilities mean Metahuman powers such as Elemental Manipulation, Skills refers to mundane abilities such as good at sports, etc. I would prefer if the powers are connected in some way, though if the powers form a set/theme an exception may be allowed.)
(Use this bulleted list within the box to list your powers. Yes, you may have more than 3 powers/abilities, just add more bullets using two brackets and a star. Descriptions accompanying your powers would be great as well!)
[box][list]
[*][b]POWER GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of power goes here][/list][/box]

[b]Weaknesses[/b] (List the limits of their abilities here, if they have any, if not put any character flaws they might have, or put both if applicable.)
[box][list]
[*][b]Weakness GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of weakness goes here][/list][/box]
[b]Rp Sample[/b]: (Please include at least three recent examples, If i know you, only one is needed)

[b][u]Optional[/u][/b] (These are entirely optional and are for immersion and enjoyment and are not mandatory.)
[b]Likes/Dislikes[/b]:
[b]Fears[/b]:
[b]Theme[/b]:
[b]Voice actor[/b]:
[b]D&d Alignment[/b]:
[b]Tropes[/b]:

Hello and welcome to the OOC for Mellow-Brook Academy. I recently got permission to make an rp similar to Owl Creek Academy, brought to us by UKP and Britanania. It is a Metahuman Academy style rp, much like the Children fo the Red King and x-men Series. You can have a normal or superpowered cahracter, but to start, powers adn those that have them are for the most part secret and hidden. The rp will focus around both Human and not entirely human students, focusing on the troublemakers and those that involve themselves in the school. In the Spoilers above you will be able to find what i have so far. The info about the world and the like will be placed below.

I have some links that may help with powers adn character creation.Backstory Generator, Another One,Bits from these generators could help as well. Some give general ideas others do the same while describing the appearance and personality. More importantly i think, Here is the link to the Superpower wiki page for a resource concerning powers.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Character List

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Character List

when they are posted the characters will be readded.

Theo Chambers-Unknown-MelloMelloMelloMelloMello-Me
Nathaniel Blackwell-Meta-I see everything-Me-NPC
Stephen "King" Kingsley-I am the King-Me
Meira Kleinschmidt-Meta-Unnatural Flame Seeking Death-Charli
Morgan Carnet-Meta-Uncanny Smile Thinking of Nothing-Charlia
Rowan Silva-Meta- The Selfish Eternal Sinner-Charlia
Gwen/Lora-Meta/Meta-Often of two minds about things-Faal Lot Himdah
Ziph Mirage-Meta-the Trickster walks among us-Faal Lot Himdah
Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI-Meta-Built Like A Mountain-Faal Lot Himdah
Alex Promethea-Meta-He's on fire-Free Empire of the Low isles
Con Promethea-Meta-He's Smokin'-Free Empire of the Low isles
Melody Jordan-Meta-She has a song in her heart-Castle Crashers
Felix Reynard-Meta-What does the Fox say-Castle Crashers
Sailor White-Meta-Well he can make his own friends-Assorted Saharan Outposts
Bailey White-Normie-"Oh i stabbed you, Let me fix that"-Assorted Saharan Outposts
Adelaide Sunday-Meta-shes very temperaturemental-Assorted Saharan Outposts
Rocky Stein-Meta-Rocky Smash-Terranihil
Cole Hodge-Meta-Earth Bender HOOOOOOOOOOO-Bycrest
Thomas Lockhart-Normie-Uh hes a smart guy?-Bycrest
Edward Hurt-Meta-He is addicted to the Human Condition-World Anarchic Union
Rosalyn Williams-meta-Wind style Shinobi I can Fly-World Anarchic Union
Jackie Centanni-Meta-Four Eyes takes on a New Meaning-Khasinkonia
Jeremy Rivers-meta-Mirror Mirror on the wall-Doughhertania
Julia Staverinde-Meta-Always lost i a Book-Caj
There are and will be many NPCs in the rp, some will be teachers others will take up other roles in the town.

Rodger Blackmoore: Principle and Headmaster of the Academy. He is rarely seen and the Vice Principle handles most of the Academy's affairs.
Frederick "Freddy" Rogers: The Vice Principle of Mellow-Brook Academy. He is a tall stern looking man, whose is known for his no nonsense attitude and reaction to miscreants and rule breakers.

Conan the Librarian: A tall muscular man, whose heavily muscular build makes him sem very unlike a librarian,
which he is. He holds books and knowledge in reverence and is nearly obsessive about it. His real name is unknown,
only what the students have called him is used as his name.

Catherine Greene: A fairly recently hired custodian at Mellow-Brook Academy. She is known to take her job very seriously and can be extremely intemidating at times. There is this air of mystery around her when people look closely at her.

Mina Hasegawa: She is the Student Council President for Mellow-Brook Academy, as well as the Queen of the Court. She is 17 and has been the Queen for some time, even before she ascended to the position of Student Council President, those who know of her position, know little else. She is Short, standing at an even 5 feet tall, though may be even shorter. She is charismatic and often speaks with a commanding formality, a quirk of her youth. She is a Meta, but it is not known what her abilities are, she is rather skilled with the sword and is an accomplished dancer and martial artist.

Ryuunosuke Hayabusa: A mysterious new student of japanese descent. Not much is known about him, but he appeared late last year and is now a student.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 22 times in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

World Info

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:54 pm

(I am not going too in depth)
In this universe, Metahuman powers are genetic and to some extent can warp the laws of physics. They are to a point inherent, but that does not mean that a Meta has to have parents who are Metas, the Gene could have skipped a generation ro the like, or have been dormant in certain genders of the family or something similar. Not all Metas are the same, some are vastly more powerful than others, while many are weak and some have even exhibited near comical powers. Some Metas are capable of things that seem magical, while others are bound tightly by the laws that govern this world.

Most of your characters will be weak, to be unable to fully exhibit their powers. For example, a Fire manipulator would most likely be able to harness and amplify existing flame, but not be able to create any from scratch without considerable cost. As a Meta grows stronger, gaining more insight and control over their power, which might not always happen, their abilities will grow as will. A Fireball from an inexperienced fire manipulator can scorch stone, a powerful experienced one could turn a metal building into a pile of molten Slag and Ashes.

Mellow-Brook Academy, has stood for a century perhaps more, its history is shrouded in mystery. The Founder of Mellow-Brook as well as their descendants have owned and operated the Academy for as long as it has existed. The academy, while boasting high end facilities, does not possess all modern amenities some are used to. While some students travel to Mellow-Brook for class they are in the vast minority. Most students stay in the on campus dorms, using in single or double rooms. Each dorm contains a small rec area and an attached kitchenette, as the Cafeteria only serves food on Mon-Fri.

Despite the near victorian look of the Academy, its insides are more advacned than the Academy's appearance suggests.
There is a building that serves as a gymnasium of sorts, but most announcements and events are held outside or in town.
Most of the building of the Academy are interconnected to one another. The main entrance to the Academy building opens up into a foyer illuminated by to sets of bay windows. Above the main foyer sits the Principals study and office. Beyond the Main Building and its entrance lays the Academy Library and the Classrooms and Clubrooms. Beyond that lies the building that contains the Cafeteria which is connected to the Student Dorms.

The Academy has several clubs that students can participate in. Some of them take place in school others take place after school and on the weekends.

Drama (includes Theater and other similar ventures)
Chess
Computer
Student Council
Newspaper
Glee
Film/Media Studies
Band
Robotics Club
Yearbook club/Photography
the AfterSchool Club for Gifted Youngsters (mandatory for those with powers, though not every powered student will be here, some are well hidden.

The Academy has much the same classes that normal schools do. Classes may be added as teachers are apped for.

Beaver bay is a small town boasting a population of less than a few hundred people, though it does get the occasional transient. The town overlooks a nearby lake where it gets part of its name from. Past the lake there lies an expanse of trees, home to much wildlife. The people of Beaver Bay are rather superstition and they attribute any Metahuman related phenomena as being caused by ghosts goblins or other such spooks. The circumstances and events that happen at the Academy, give the Townspeople and its resident law enforcers, the Sheriff’s department, near continual strife.

Once the town was much larger and had some industry, but time and the conflicts over the years has caused much of the town to be abandoned. Many of the buildings have been razed or repurposed, but others still stand, abandoned. Since the death of Sebastien, however newcomers have entered the town, both federal agents and genuine new residents. They have started occupying the once abandoned buildings and despite the problems caused to the locals, they have brought much revenue to the town.

There exist a few factions present in the town of Beaver Bay. The info bits will be changed if anyone comes up with something better.

The Feds: Federal Agents present in Beaver Bay, mostly investigating the death of Sebastien Morrow, as well as other peculiarities of the town.

The Mafia: In recent Decades the Mafia has established a subtle presence in the town, they are there for multiple reasons, but they remain mostly hidden.

The Locals: The powers of the town, including thoe that work in City hall and the Sheriffs department. Thy harbor a dislike for those of the Academy and outsiders, but welcome the revenue if not some fo the attention they bring.

The Academy: Includes the Students and Staff of Mellow-Brook Academy, most of them jsut want to complete their purposes fro being their and then leave, but this is not so for others.

The Court: The true face of the student council of Mellow-Brook academy. They hold much power over the students of the Academy, but in a subtle way. They also hold influence over some things in town, though theya re one fo he smaller and mroe mysterious faction.

Places of Interest:

In and Around Mellow-Brook Academy, there are more than a few places that would interest Students. The ones on the Campus, are open to the Students, mostly, but the ones of Campus hold much interest.

The Old Mill: Former Saw mill that was abandoned when Beaver Bay lost most of its once thriving industry. Now it is used as a gathering point by the towns undesirable youth elements and the Academy’s delinquents on occasion. The heavy machinery has been sold off in years past and the outside has been patched up. The inside resembles a clubhouse of sorts.

The Library: The Town Library, center of knowledge. It is one of the largest buildings in Beaver Bay, next to City Hall. It holds books, but what else lurks within its walls, what mysteries lurk within the walls and pages within?

Square Saloon: (Name Pending) Local bar, that has been a part of the town since it was founded. Serves draft root beer and old west delicacies and the like during the weekends. It is a traditional bar and has poker nights held each week.

Country Store: Locally owned grocery store, rumors have it that up until recently they had been having money troubles do to the reopening of the Midnight Diner and the Gas Station. Not only do they sell produce and other items, but there is a deli as well. They have lunch specials as well every day, but there is usually a set pattern to the specials per week and month.

Midnight Diner: The Midnight Diner is the newly reopened diner in Beaver Bay. When the population of Beaver Bay started to drop, the Midnight Diner was forced to close. However, with the influx of new people coming to Beaver Bay, the Midnight Diner has been reopened by the Bishop family that has owned it since its establishment. It is currently run by Warren Bishop who can be found behind the counter.

Heroes united comic shop: This quaint comic book store owned by Charles "Sharky" De verona is the only like it in the city, of course you may ask what is so special about a comic book shop in a Midwestern town. Well it has the largest collection of comic book memorabilia in a 100 mile radius and sells both modern issues and vintage classic, even some Manga if you ask, but do not expect Sharky to be very happy about it. The shop caters to both hardcore fans and welcomes any one from the academy. But there are rumors that the shop has a more sinister secret about it, it is rumored that the shop is actually a front for a mafia money Laundering racket operated by the Mafia, but sharky veraciously denies these allegations, even though he is seen driving around the town in a Italian sports car, something you would not suspect a owner of a comic shop owner to rent let alone own.

The Emerald Theater: A small but realtively modern cinema recently opened is the first movie theater in the town and owned by what the town knows as the the Rossi brothers, how they think are investors from out of state but infact it is rumored that it is actually Charles "Sharky" De verona that runs the theater, which he denies since why would a comic shop owner be able to afford a theater. It is a two theater building with a small concession stand with actually decent tasting food and the movies are divided between classics on theater one and new relases on theater two, they switch out the movies weekly so there is always something new playing in the theater. Rumor has it that the theater is used for less than legal activites but no solid proof has emerged to prove this to be true.

The Phoenix Bar - With the recent growth of Beaver Bay, the old bar/saloon could no longer serve the preferences of all the town's inhabitants. As such, a previous student at Mellow-Brook Academy saw the problem and decided that he'd start his own bar to give the other not-80 year old portion of the population someplace to go on a Friday night. Constantine Promethea, a Turkish national but culturally Greek immigrant, owns and operates the bar, serving old classics along side new cocktails in order to bring in the most amount of patrons. The Phoenix also has a small menu of pub grub, which includes things as simple as peanuts and chips to a burger and fries. Live music plays Friday through Sunday nights, with the owner himself occasionally getting up to play a bit of guitar. Monday through Thursday nights, though it operates as more of a sports bar, with television showing everything from football to American rugby. Constantine lives in the apartment above the bar, which resides in the area that could be called the downtown, along with his younger brother when the Academy is not in session.

Old Station--An abandoned gas station on the outskirts of the town. It's been there for as long as anyone can remember. Years ago, a local woman, the only person there at the time, was horrifically assaulted and mutilated beyond recognition by a group of men who had supposedly stopped to fill their tank. Her body was only discovered the next day, and from then on, each night, it was said that people could still hear the gruesome scene being reenacted, over and over again. A few months later, the station was closed down after people could no longer take the agonized screams. It's a popular dare for teens to go to the station and try to locate the woman's ghost. Those who accept the dare usually leave in a panic after hearing the beginning of the nightly ritual, and those who investigate further are never the same. None of them have ever said a word about what they saw on that fateful night.

Mysterium - Gideon Kerfufenfetter was a conman who was running out of luck. Having to change his name and home more times then he could count, Mr. Kerfufenfetter needed one last scheme to keep him off the streets. He found his answer in Beaver Bay. While visiting the town on his way through the countryside, he picked up on the town's love for supernatural. From the reports of haunted houses and strange powers, it seemed like the inhabitants couldn't get enough of the weird and occult.

And so, the Mysterium was born. The amusement park had all the hallmarks of a typical fair: wooden coasters, a mirror maze, totally not rigged games, deep-fried everything, even a giant ferris wheel that commanded the center of the park. But it's biggest draw were it's live events. There was a psychic medium who could communicate with the spirits of your ancestors, a magician who performed acts even the biggest skeptics had trouble explaining, and a freak show with everything from a lizard-man to conjoined triplets. These supernatural attractions were brought to life thanks to Mr. Kerfufenfetter side venture, housing and protecting metahumans in exchange for profiting off their abilities. It wasn't exactly idyllic for those gifted, as they had to live in the rickety amusement park, but it beat being experimented on by government goons.

Nowadays, the Mysterium is mostly just an amusement park, after half the fair was fenced off after the disappearance of a young girl in the mirror maze. However, those who venture past the fences claim to see movement in the shacks that once housed the freak shows and magical attractions. Those brave enough to enter the mirror maze report seeing disturbing visions, including that of a young girl reaching out for them. Despite these reports, or maybe because of them, it's become a local right of passage to spend a night in the abandoned part of the Mysterium.

The Undertown: Once the Academy had a massive system of interconnected boiler rooms beneath the Academy to heat the place. As time went on and technology advanced the Boiler rooms were taken out and removed. These rooms for a time remained vacant and delapitated. Eventually they were re-purposed by students and others of the Academy. Some of the rooms are used by the Court for secret meetings, others are repurposed by the more enterprising of the Meta students and are secretive.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm here. Will move apps over if you want?

Edit: Apps moved.

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Alexandros 'Alex' Promethea
Appearance: Alex has a small scar at the corner of his eye, some sort of line that implies a long ago healed blade wound. On his right side, over the ribs, Alex has a black Byzantine Eagle tattooed with some saying written in a strange Latin/Greek hybrid language framed under it along with what seems to be a tally system with 20 marks. He weighs 180 lbs and is 6'o ft tall. Typically, he wears a some sort of shirt with Greek written on it, band fan shirts and other sorts of advertising, with scarves and coats from Fall to Spring, due to him being used to a Mediterranean climate.
Biography: Metahumans in the ancient world were referred to simply as magicians, monsters, witches, or Satanists. To ancient man, there was simply no other explanation for beings so different from the people they were supposedly from. People who could control the elements, bend space to teleport, grow limbs back like lizards, turn into lizards, and any many of other things were considered unnatural and, as history shows, anything that is considered unnatural to the human race must be and will be eradicated. At least, that's how it was in the ancient world. But soon, metahumans learned to hide in plain sight, families with similar powers started to form, and when humans discovered their existence... empires were formed with their powers. The Byzantine Empire existed for at least one thousand years, with only twenty-two families claiming the throne in that incredibly long time. This is due to their own family of magicians, discovered and forced into contract by Emperor Justinian, who go by the name of Promethea. This family of redheaded Greeks all have the ability to control fire and many different aspects of fire, with powers being unique but similar throughout the clan. When the empire started to fall, after the first Sacking, the Promethea family recognized that their contract binding themselves to the royal head of Byzantium had been destroyed and so disappeared from history, not that they were well known in the first place. Soon, they were simply just another large Greek family living in the Turkish capital of Istanbul. But with a bit of a secret... They had been working for Greek independence since the fall, acting as a secret arsonist group within the Ottoman empire. Eventually, though, they realized that they were doing nothing by aggressively burning their own home city, and so settled for the Long Burn, the plan to secretly infiltrate the government to the highest positions possible and incite secret chaos and corruption. They were instrumental in organizing Greek rebellions and the Balkan League War, which saw the expansion of Greece and the eventual fall of the Ottoman Empire. They still to this day are secretly agitating for the return of Constantinople to the Greek nation state.

Alexandros Promethea was born to the current Patriarch of the Promethea family, the head and organizer of all family business. As such, he is expected to take up the title and responsibility of such a position, meaning that his education and upbringing are extremely important. Sadly, Alex also knows this and doesn't particularly care for his family's traditions, powers, goals, and indeed what they want for him and from him. As such, he is a laid-back, slightly but politely rebellious young man that doesn't let much get to him. This also means that he doesn't do his school work and spends more time socializing than anything else. He's been kicked out of several private schools as well as public schools and so his parents and the rest of the family have decided to send him to a boarding school specialized in... interesting people like the kind in their family. That's how Alex and his older cousin Constantine, who was a former student at the school and who suggested it, ended up in Beaver Bay as the truly the only two European immigrants, if not just immigrants, in the entire town.
Powers and Skills: Alex is skilled in Greco-Roman Wrestling, Western Boxing, and a form of Turkish knife fighting. He knows how to speak English, Greek, Latin, and Turkish. Of course, despite having been kicked out of many schools, he also rather gifted when it comes to arithmetic and other scholarly pursuits. Along with that, he's pretty skilled at making shapes out of smoke when he, well, smokes. Alex is also learning guitar from his cousin Constantine

• Fire Generation: Alex can spawn fire from his body, though at the point of the story's beginning he only has enough energy to form about a handful of fire and sustain it for ten minutes without needing to eat a meal.
  • Fire Manipulation: Along with generated fire, Alex can manipulate natural fire into interesting forms and possibly weapons once he masters the technique.
  • Self-Purification: Just a fancy term for being able to quickly burn a pathogen out of his system,
    or cauterize a wound almost instantly. Eventually, he may be able to cure any sort of cancer that forms in his lungs, just like his father.

Weaknesses
  • Hostis Aqua: When he encounters water, whether through rain, showers, baths, oceans, or even washing his hands, Alex loses his powers. He does not regain their use until he is completely dry again.
  • Hydrophobia: Due to his weakness to water, Alex is also afraid of water. While he can brave showers and washing his hands, he is afraid of any body of water larger than a pond or pool. Things like seas, oceans, lakes, and rivers cause extreme anxiety in Alex.
  • Aggressive: Much like the element he controls, Alex contains a destructive tendency when it comes to competition, insults, and fights.
  • Compromised Immune System: Because he's used to being able to simply purge his immune system, any disease that's too strange or new to him will infect him pretty fast. And the Common Cold still afflicts him... and rather often, strangely.

RP Sample: I think I know you? Or you know me? Who truly knows another in this cruel, cruel world...

Optional
Likes/Dislikes: Likes - Smoking, good food, Mediterranean attitudes, good books (Strangely), cute things. Dislikes - Loud people, very excitable people, people that take things too seriously, ugly things, and water.
Fears: Water.
Theme: Loser by Beck
Voice actor: Passing on this one.
D&D Alignment: Ew, no.
Tropes: I'll leave that to Charli. She's obsessed with those things...

Mellow-Brook Academy
Non-Student App

Name: Constantine 'Con' Promethea
Appearance: Similarly to Alexandros, Constantine has a tattoo of a black Byzantine Eagle with a saying in the same Greek/Latin hybrid language and a tally system beneath that goes up to fifty marks. He typically wears a black dress shirt and black dress pants, to suit his position as general bartender and cook at the Phoenix. At casual events, he's much like his younger cousin in such a way that he wears scarves and coats during the Fall to Spring times, but in the hotter times, he wears button-up shirts of varying designs and undershirts of solid color.
Biography: Constantine Promethea is the son of the Patriarch's younger brother, who found love far earlier than his brother and certainly proved that love with the birth of his son before they were married. So, technically, Con is a bastard, but legitimized because his parents soon married after birth. From a young age, he showed a proficiency for language, learning his native Greek and the forced upon Turkish quite easily, even learning French in his free time to impress the people at his school. Soon, it was decided that he would go into the... slightly secretive side of the business, which included training with the Turkish special forces and several intelligence agencies with the express purpose of preparing Con to infiltrate businesses and other rival metahuman families. While he was being trained by the CIA, through a connection, he was sent to Mellow-Brook and soon fell in love with the town. While there, he finished studying English and began his foray into the two Chinese languages.

That decision was fortuitous, for soon after he was done being trained, he was sent on his first mission to infiltrate a rival metahuman family in northern China. They were considered a threat to the Promethea's business interests in the area and Con was supposed to ingratiate himself with them, learn their weaknesses, and then lead a strike force to take them down. What ended up happening was that Con found someone there that he started to have feelings for, came clean to the higher ups in both families, and helped structure a truce between the two. For this... failure in the eyes of Alex's father, he was forcibly retired from the spy service and instead placed on another important mission: Protecting Alex while he was in boarding school. Con has not seen his Chinese sweetheart in two years, but he claims they stay in touch.
Powers and Skills: Con is skilled at Greco-Roman Wrestling, Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, and Western boxing. Also, he's a pretty accomplished bartender and when it comes to cooking, he could easily open a restaurant of his own and maybe earn a few Michelin stars. Other than that, he's a pretty savvy spy as well, but has retired from that line of the family business. He can speak Turkish, Greek, English, Latin, French, Mandarin, and Cantonese. Due to this impressive amount of languages, he's earned a reputation as a bit of a hyper polyglot. He's also pretty gifted at playing the acoustic guitar.

• Flame Intensity Manipulation: Con can influence an already existing flame's intensity, causing a simple match to suddenly turn into a flame that would scorch meat on contact. He can do this rather simply and easily, but cannot generate his own flame.
  • Smoke Generation: In order to explain his smoking addiction, like a lot of his family has, Con is able to generate smoke from an open flame, effectively able to create a natural disaster amount of smoke from a single cigarette.
  • Smoke Manipulation: Constantine can manipulate smoke like Alex can manipulate fire, able to twist it into shapes and move it to his will. He once killed someone but generating a massive amount of smoke and forcing it all around their head, causing the man to die of asphyxiation.

Weaknesses
  • Hostis Aqua: Like the entirety of his clan, Con loses his abilities when he wet, and regains them once he is entirely dry again.
  • A Carefree French Attitude: He flirts... with literally everyone. Even Alex... Not all the time! Just... you know, sometimes with Alex and most of the time with his patrons. Unless they look like they'll hurt him if he does.
  • Sympathy for Criminal Elements: As long as someone has a good sob story, he'll help them no matter what.

RP Sample: Do I have to do this again?

Optional
Likes/Dislikes: Likes - Cooking, eating, and smelling good food, learning languages, French culture, Chinese culture, and history. Dislikes - Ignorant people, people that just shovel food in their mouths, people that hate people, and Turks. As in the culture and the ethnicity, not the nationality. He may be a bit racist... Maybe... Probably not... *Whistles.*
Fears: Failing his job.
Theme: Counting Cars by Snow Patrol
Voice actor: Gonna skip this again!
D&D Alignment: Ew. Like, seriously, ew.
Tropes: Again, Charli's thing. I'd like not to step on her turf.
Last edited by Free Empire of the Low Isles on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:I'm here. Will move apps over if you want?

yes, give me a bit to move the info here and stuff.

EDIT: since this is up now, you guys want to be Co-OPs- Faal and Charlia?
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

Sure
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Sorry for double post, but here are the apps

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI, aka "The Mountain"
Appearance: Aengus is a big guy. He stands taller than normal people at 7'4" taller than most people (might have to do with his abilities), and weighs about 280 pounds. His body is covered in scars from times he's wrestled with Grizzlies.
Biography: To know why Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI got to where he is, then one must first know about his family history. Well, at least the part associate with the Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain name. Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain I was born in a small village in the Highlands of Scotland to a simple shepherd in 1850. Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain I was a normal human, but he married a meta woman named Marta MacAmbrais in 1869. His wife gave birth to Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain II, who was a meta like his mother, in 1871. A few things happened back in the village, and in order to protect his wife and child, Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain I headed west. They arrived in Nova Scotia in 1878. The search for a life though would take them further west. Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain I found a job, and worked on the Canada Pacific Railway till the very end in 1885. The family would settle in British Columbia after that.

After that, the MacBhriain family would be present for many major events in Canadian history, and each one bearing the name Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain after the first would be meta human. Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain II would be present when the Canadians stormed Vimy Ridge in the First World War, but would not return home. Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain III would fight in the Second World War, were he would punch through walls in the city of Ortona, be one of the first to step onto Juno beach, and die while doing his duty in the liberation of the Netherlands.

Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain IV would survive the Korean War, and move the MacBhriain family further north and deeper into the Rockies before creating a woodcarving business, MacBhriain's Woodworking. Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain V would be born in a time of peace and would take up his father's business and make it well known throughout the great white north, and some northern states.

Now we get to Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI. Compared to the rest of the Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriains in his family tree, Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI is rather boring. Except for the fact he's quite large. He grew up a nice simple life of home schooling, wood working, hunting, and bear wrestling. Everything though would change when he turned 14. When Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI was 14, he got into some slight trouble after an incident during a near by towns festival involving underage drinking, a prosthetic leg, Aengus' powers, bagpipes, a kilt and a rouge Grizzly. It caused quite the ruckus and brought the Canadian government to his family home.

You see, since the first time since his great-grandfather, Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain III, kinda punched a hole in a Panzer back in the Second World War, the Canadian government had been keeping a close eye on the MacBhriain family. And this incident, though no body was hurt, except the bear which was likely traumatized for life, caused them to act. They were not going to throw him in prison or kill him though, instead they gave him a stern talking to and a warning that if he was ever seen using powers again in public, they would have to take him away for his own safety. The government agents even pointed him and his family to another meta who could teach Aengus to control and use his powers properly. But after a few weeks with said meta, the meta directed Aengus and his family to a different place that could better teach him to uses his powers, it was in fact the place were said nameless meta learned to control theirs.

So that is how Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI ended up at Mellow-Brook Academy.
Abilities/Skills
  • The Mountain Stands Firm: Aengus does not surrender, does not knell or anything of the sort. He possesses an unbreakable will and resolve when he's reaching for a goal.
  • Strength of 100 Men: Aengus literally has the strength of a hundred men. He is capable of lifting and throwing things that can weigh up to eight tons, not without a sweat though. As such he often has to pull his punches and attacks to keep from killing his opponents.
  • Can take a Hit: Due to Aengus' strength, he can take a hit. As such it is fairly hard to down him using brute force.
  • Meta-Gigantism: Aengus has a form of Gigantism, that has none of the negative issues associated with regular gigantism.

Weaknesses
  • Slow in body and mind: For all of Aengus' power, he does lack in two areas. First, due to his size, Aengus is slow moving in a fight making dodging him fairly easy, and getting away from him easier. Second, Aengus is slow in mind. To put it plainly, he's not smart. He can be easily tricked, manipulated or outsmarted.
  • Doesn't like Hitting Girls: It is as it sounds. Aengus does not like hitting girls, so if he ends up fighting one he will end up holding back a lot
  • Too Scottish: Aengus is very Scottish, perhaps too much for his own good (minus red hair). He has a quick temper, always ready to fight with any one or thing. He also has a knack for looking angry most of the time, and for giving people unpleasant nicknames.

Rp Sample:

Optional
Likes/Dislikes:
Likes - Sports, the Highland Games, Haggis, the bagpipes, cute things, Bear Wrestling, a good brawl, excessive screaming, Wood carving, whiskey
Dislikes - Being judged based on his size or appearance, tests, most school subjects, being told to be quiet, small buttons on phones
Fears: Not being able to protect those close to him
Theme: Here
Voice actor: Kieron Elliot
D&d Alignment: Neutral Good
Tropes: The Gentle Giant, duh

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Ziph Mirage, though his alias is more well known, Loki.
Appearance: Well, due to his ability to shapeshift, he can change his appearance at any time, or even his clothes at anytime. What is seen in the image is his normal form. He normally has brown eyes. He is, in his normal form, only five feet tall, and weighs about 115 pounds. The Loki form he takes, or creates as an illusion can be described as a 6 foot general looking white guy, in a black cloak with a hood and wearing a Zanni Mask
Biography:
Ziph Mirage's past is known to very few. And your probably expecting it to be something super dark... well it's not. It's actually quite boring, as he only did the same thing over and over again. Ziph was born in It Doesn't Matter and his entire life has been on the road. From the moment he was born he was destined to mess with the world. When he entered elementary school he learned of his ability to convince others to do as he wanted, and started to abuse it. At a very young age he was corrupted by his power and only found entertainment in chaos.

He would eventually have to flee from that school with his parents after the sudden death of another student. Every school he went to from that moment on would become his playground. Other powers would develop and he'd be able to control even more people, and drag the schools into even more chaos. Each time he changed schools, he'd have his name changed.

This path would eventually lead him to a place that would become the ultimate test of his powers. Mellow-Brook Academy. Now, to be honest, when Ziph first arrived at the academy two years ago he didn't know other Metahumans attended the academy. But he learned quickly, and discovered that this academy would not go down as easily as other schools. So, before doing anything, he went quiet, acting in the shadows, and preparing for the right opportunity. Of course, there have been occasional incidents, but those have all been under his alias of Loki.
Abilities/Skills
  • Trickster: Ziph's overall ability is that of a Trickster, a being that exists to cause chaos and such. As such, he has a handful of the powers associated with being a Trickster
  • Combat Perception: Ziph is capable of understanding how his opponents think and fights in combat, allowing for him to avoid getting hit most of the time.
  • Enhanced Athleticism: Ziph is surprisingly athletic, in fact, more athletic than normal athletes. He has better agility, better sense of balance, better dexterity, greater endurance, better flexibility, can jump higher, has faster reflexes, and greater stamina.
  • Strong Will: Ziph has a very strong will, making it nearly impossible to over power his mind.
  • Charmspeaking: Ziph's voice is his most powerful tool. He can easily persuade normal people and those of weak will. He can make them almost anything, killing being the most obvious exception.
  • Chessmaster: Ziph is a chessmaster in more ways then one. His mind for tactics goes beyond the board when he wants to reach a goal.
  • Shapeshifter: Ziph can change his own appearance to what ever he desires, be it animal or human. If it is the shape of another person there is a flaw in it. He lacks the memories of the person, unless of course he got to know them. But he also can lack certain mannerisms, so one with a sharp enough eye could tell him apart from the real person.
  • Intuitive Aptitude: With any object, all Ziph has to do to learn how it works is touch it. With any subject, he just learns quicker than most.
  • Illusion Manipulation: Ziph's second greatest tool, he can create many different types of illusions. They can be of people, they can be of places, or even of pain. With illusions of other people, it usually only takes one touch for someone to tell if the person is an illusion or real.
  • Cloth Control: Not only can Ziph transform his overall form, but he can alter his clothing at will

Weaknesses
  • Made of Glass: Ziph lacks any combat oriented powers, and lacks any real resistance to attacks, meaning that pretty much everyone can beat him/her in combat with only a few hits.
  • Arrogant: Ziph is very arrogant, to the point were he believes that his plans will always work, talks to himself a lot, and you can probably guess how he acts when he loses.
  • Underestimates: Ziph is known to underestimate those he goes up against, which often leads to his plans failing.

Rp Sample: Really?

Optional
Likes/Dislikes: Ziph is a simple man, he likes chaos in all it's forms as it is beautiful to him, he likes to see systems and organizations fall apart from the inside, he likes turning friends on each other. So he basically likes general anarchy and chaos. He also enjoys a good game of chess, the theatre and classical music. What he doesn't like are rules, those who enforce said rules, heroes, and losing to inferior people (most people in his eyes).
Fears: Nothing, yet.
Theme: Here
Voice actor: Vic Mignogna as Mard Geer (Fairy Tail)
D&d Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Tropes: The Trickster

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Lora / Gwen
Appearance: Lora/Gwen stands at about 5'6" and weighs on the low side at about 120 pounds. She generally wears khakis, and short sleeved shirts under the sweater seen in the image, and also carries a pair of sunglasses around.
Biography: Lora and Gwen's story begins not that long ago, north of the boarder in the Canadian province of Alberta. More specifically in the hamlet of Waterton. Their story starts at birth. You see, originally Lora was Lora and Gwen was Gwen, two different people, twins at birth. But due to multiple factors, neither of them would know their mother, as she died while giving birth to the twins, who would both survive. Survive for a few years that is. After their mother's death, and once they were old enough, their father moved them all to the town of Cardston.

In Cardston the twins would live a happy life. But that would not last. When they were both five there was a car accident, which lead to one of the twins dying. The accident also lead to their father lossing his sight. The daughter that survived did not survive unscathed though, who ever she was, she lost some of her memories due to head trauma. Many factors came together, which lead to their father being completely devestated. He knew he was responsible for the death of one of his daughters, and could not determine which one it was that he lost as he could not see his surviving daughter, and his surviving daughter didn't know her name. It was at that moment that he had to make a decision, so he started referring to her as Lora.

A few years later, when "Lora" was eight, she started to act strangely. Strange dreams filled her sleep, and a strange voice filled her mind during the day. These stange events eventually lead to what appeared to be a new personality forming. It took the name Gwen, after the sister that Lora had lost. It was at this point that her powers started to develop. Their father was at first unaware of this, but one day he found his sight had returned. At first he thought it was a miricle, but then he looked to his daughter, and then he realized what happened. You see, his father was a meta, so he knew it was a possibility that his daughter would be one. This prompted him to move both her and him again.

They moved back to Waterton for about a year. That year was fine, except for the fact that Gwen was slowly becoming more dominant, and their powers started to grow at an alarming rate. Eventually their father noticed that his daughter(s) were getting weaker in a way. He thought about why that could happen, and came to a frightening conclusion. Their powers were killing them. He figured that they had maybe another year unless something was done. Determined not to lose another daughter, their father did something.

During the next year he searched for a way to save his daughter, and discovered a way. He had discovered that a certain drug that could theoretically keep his daughter's power at a level that wouldn't kill her. So, he developed it, and it worked. But their was this one nasty side-effect. It gave Gwen more control, which at the time didn't seem to bad. She would eventually go on her first rampage, which forced her father to search for a way to subdue her. So he went back to the drug he created to keep Lora's power from killing her. After a few weeks, from the original, he developed two more drugs, one which theoretically could subdue Gwen, and the other would theoretically keep their power's from killing them.

The drugs were administered and they worked perfectly. Releaved, their father continued to raise Lora/Gwen till she was 14. One thing lead to another, and their father was on his death bed. It looked like he would no longer be able to care for her, however, he had a plan. He arranged for his daughter to be taken to the south, to a certain school that his father had attended, the Mellow-Brook Academy. So, his daughter was taken to the academy when her father finally did pass. The formula for the drugs needed to keep his daughter alive, and the one required to keep Gwen in check was also sent with her.
Abilities/Skills
SHARED:
  • Twin Souls: Lora and Gwen are two individual souls that inhabit the same body.
  • Divided Mind: Due to the two souls in one body, they share the same mind, creating what seems like split personalities.

LORA:
  • Light Manipulation: Lora's primary power, which all given sub powers originate from.
  • Light Generation: Lora can generate small amounts of light through her body which she can use for various purposes.
  • Shadow Absorption: Lora can not control this, nor can she deactivate it. When Lora enters a room, said room gets slightly brighter as shadows are partially absorbed by her. However, this brightening is not enough to be noticed unless someone was paying very close attention to the light level.
  • Light Illusion: Lora can manipulate light that she does not create to create illusions such as altering appearance slightly or even creating holographic projections.
  • Light Attacks: Using the light that Lora generates, Lora can manipulate said light into multiple forms that could be used in an attack be it a beam, pulse or even blade.
  • Photokinetic Constructs: Speaking about blades, Lora can also use the light she generates to form objects, this however requires concentration directly proportional to the complexity of the object she seeks to create.
  • Photokinetic Combat: Lora can also infuse her own physical attacks with the light she generates.
  • Photokinetic Invisibility: With enough concentration Lora is capable of bending light around her, causing her to turn invisible. This isn't a perfect invisibility though, as it does shimmer and only makes her invisible to the naked eye.
  • Light Healing: Lora is capable of healing others with the light she generates, this however requires her to come in contact with the wound.
  • Photokinetic Regeneration: When in bright enough light (usually a good sunny day would be fine or very bright room) Lora is able to regenerate and heal her own wounds.

GWEN:
  • Darkness Manipulation: Gwen's primary power, which all given sub powers originate from.
  • Shadow Generation: Gwen can generate small amounts of shadows through her body which she can use for various purposes.
  • Light Absorption: Gwen can not control this, nor can she deactivate it. When Gwen enters a room, said room gets slightly darker as the light is partially absorbed by her. However, this brightening is not enough to be noticed unless someone was paying very close attention to the light level.
  • Absolute Darkness: This Gwen can control. Gwen is capable of dragging a fair sized area around her into a zone of complete darkness, making it very hard and nearly impossible for others to see her. She can only maintain this for a short time however.
  • Darkness Adaptation: To put it simply, Gwen can see in the dark no matter how dark.
  • Darkness Attacks: Using the shadows that Gwen generates, Gwen can manipulate said shadows into multiple forms that could be used in an attack.
  • Umbrakinetic Constructs: Gwen can form her shadows into many different objects, her favourite being chains. Like Lora, the more complex, the longer it takes.
  • Umbrakinetic Combat: Gwen can also infuse her own physical attacks with the shadows she generates.
  • Shadow Stealth: Gwen is able to dissolve into existing shadows and move between them. When in shadows she can not interact directly with others, but she can still be heard, and use her powers. If the shadow that she is in is dissipated she is forced out and often ends up unconscious.
  • Shadow Mimicry: Gwen is capable of turning her body into shadows for a limited amount of time as a means of escape. In this form she is unable to be hit physically, nor can she hit anyone.

Weaknesses
SHARED:
  • On Meds for Survival: Lora and Gwen are both on very specific medication to keep her powers from killing them. It is in pill form and must be taken three times a day.
  • Light and Dark: Lora can only use light based abilities, and Gwen can only use darkness/shadow based abilities

LORA:
  • Loses Control: In times of great enough fear or trauma, Lora loses the ability to maintain control and Gwen takes over.
  • Blanks in Memory: When Gwen takes control, Lora will not remember what Gwen does, leading to awkward situations and a lot of misunderstandings
  • Easily Frightened: Lora is easily frightened as well as easily threatened, leading to plenty of oppurtunities for her to lose control.

GWEN:
  • Nighty Nighty Drugs: When Gwen is in control, the only way to force her to give control back to Lora is with a specific drug that must be administered into her blood stream. This drug is held by certain members of the staff. Upon administration, it knocks both her and Lora out for a few minutes.
  • Photophobic: Gwen suffers from photophobia, which may sound like a serious fear but is in fact just extreme discomfort and pain in her eyes when exposed to light.
  • Does what she wanrs: Gwen cares little for anyone, and as such does what she wants when she wants.

Rp Sample: Why do you need this?

Optional
Likes/Dislikes:
Lora Likes: Cute things, a good garden salad, being friends with people, helping as much as she can, being outside, Gwen
Lora Dislikes: Fights, being scared, the dark, rain, bad people, meat
Gwen Likes: Weapons of any kind, messing with people, the dark, meat especially a nice steak, her chains, fights, Lora
Gwen Dislikes: Being outside, childish people, salads, cute things, rules.
Fears:Lora is slightly Nyctophobic (afraid of the dark), and also afraid of Gwen hurting people while Gwen is slightly Heliophobic (afraid of sunlight)
Theme: Lora and Gwen (Charlia recommended it, and I agree it works)
Voice actor: Grey DeLisle
D&d Alignment: Lora would be more Lawful Good, while Gwen would be Chaotic Neutral
Tropes: No thanks.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Added all posted characters so far, will add the others some time tomorrow.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App
(Image)

Name: Sailor White
Appearance: His height is 5 feet and 8 inches, and he has an average build, but he's not very muscular or strong.
Biography: Sailor hasn't come from a long line of metahumans. His father is a second generation mutant, and he himself is a third generation mutant, as well as, technically, a third generation immigrant from the island of Bermuda. His father had never had a good control of his powers, which involved emotion manipulation, but that didn't stop him from gaining the affection of a nurse when he and his family had moved to the state of Wyoming due to economic reasons. He got her without the use of his special powers, and he was head over heels in love with the girl.

Though, he wasn't alone growing up in his house. Instead, he had an older sibling! They...never got along very well, but Sailor always tried to have fun with his sibling while growing up. He was always a bit rowdy compared to his brother, who was more well kept and well mannered. Respectable, if you will. His sibling was very respectable, and Sailor respected his sibling, but he just...didn't show it very often.

Anyways, Sailor's powers showed at a very young age, during elementary school. Third grade, to be exact. He didn't exactly know that it was probably best to keep his powers hidden or to not use them, as they would probably either damage or freak people out if they saw him moving papers with his mind. Thankfully, not many people have seen this and he went through school being mostly unnoticed for his powers.

Though, his powers became even more relevant to his parents when he was at home, as he would use them all the time. His father had no idea how his son had gotten those powers, considering it wasn't even similar to his own powers, but he still tried his best to attempt to teach his son how to control his powers. Suffice to say, it...didn't go well.

Eventually, after some failed attempts from his father, his father contacted those at Mellow-Brook Academy to ask them to teach his son how to control himself. They welcomed him to the Academy and he's been there ever since.
Abilities/Skills An amazing drawer, and he has pretty amazing handwriting. Calligraphy isn't a problem for him. Oh, also, paper manipulation! Also note that these powers may be added upon as he learns how to control himself
  • Paper manipulation: No, you didn't hear me wrong when I said paper manipulation. Sailor's big power is the ability to manipulate paper and bend it to his will, which involves a lot of folding and flying papers around. The ability to manipulate paper gives him a lot of other abilities, though he's not good at most of them. He's really good at making paper fly around, though. This doesn't happen with specifically paper, but also paper like substances, such as Papyrus and parchment.
  • Paper construction: Not just origami. If Sailor tries hard enough, he can actually make things out of paper, such as golems, and use those to fight for him, though he would have to control them still, which takes a lot out of him.
  • Paper Property Manipulator: Sailor can temporarily change the durability and the sharpness of paper, as well as other properties, to turn them into actual usable weapons, or he can make armor if he surrounds himself in it. The longer he keeps the property change, the more energy it takes.

Weaknesses
  • Water is the enemy: Water and paper don't really mix well, which is why he can't go up against anyone using water. If he even tries, all his paper would get gross and soft.
  • Fire is also the enemy: Fire and paper don't mix either, which is why he can't go up against a fire user. You don't need me to tell you why that's bad.
  • Lots of things are the enemy: You know how delicate paper is, right? Exactly. A lot of things could end up destroying his main weapon of choice if he doesn't do anything about it. Scissors and blades will cut through his paper if he doesn't change the durability.

Rp Sample: Maybe not? I know you, after all.

Optional (These are entirely optional and are for immersion and enjoyment and are not mandatory.)
Likes/Dislikes:
Fears:
Theme:
Voice actor:
D&d Alignment:
Tropes:

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App
(Image)

Name: Bailey Jessie White, though his brother calls him BJ
Appearance: his appearance really makes it difficult for those to tell if he's a guy or a girl, and his voice doesn't help much at all, also sounding rather androgynous. He doesn't mind what you call him. He's dealt with the confusion for so long he won't even bother correcting you.
Biography: Bailey is the older one out of the two White siblings, and unfortunately missed the metahuman gene when being conceived. He didn't seem to notice, or care in the early stages of his life. When his little brother came along, Bailey was rather excited at first. He'd get a baby brother to play with and someone who's going to look up to him. What more could a kid want, really? He was absolutely ecstatic once seeing the little guy come home, and he wouldn't be away from the guy for very long.

Though, when his brother's powers started showing, things slowly began to change. Their parents's attention was drawn toward Sailor and not him! He argued and whined, asking why he wasn't as special as his brother. They said it wasn't that he wasn't special, it was just that Sailor was a different kind of special. He just got the powers! Not like Bailey could control whether or not he had powers. This would cause a dislike towards his brother that'd slowly start to grow.

In an effort to prove himself to his parents, Bailey took up fencing, and was able to massively improve his skills in a very short amount of time. His parents were proud of him, but it seemed like Sailor always hold a little bit more of the spotlight than Bailey. He had to admit...he was jealous. Terribly so, and Sailor calling him BJ didn't help either.

Eventually Sailor was admitted into the academy. To Bailey's surprise, as well as the surprise of his parents, he was also invited to be at the academy. He wasn't sure why, but it was probably something to do with him being Sailor's brother. Probably not that he was actually good or anything. Though, his parents asked him to make sure that Sailor was in check, and he's going to keep that promise.
Abilities/Skills
  • Excellent swordsman: Who doesn't like a good round of fencing? Bailey is a master at fencing and knows how to handle a sword.
  • Doctor in the making: Bailey is aspiring to be a doctor, and because of this, he's read up on a lot of medicine and disease stuff. He'll probably know how to patch you up.

Weaknesses
  • Envious: Despite having a good upbringing, Bailey can get easily envious of other people depending on what they have and if it's something he wants
  • Tepid temper: Bailey has a bit of a temper to him. It takes a lot to make him really mad, but when he is he may do something he'll regret.
  • Arrogant: He can be just the slightest bit arrogant and cocky with himself, especially if he is on a winning streak.

Rp Sample: again...no?

Optional (These are entirely optional and are for immersion and enjoyment and are not mandatory.)
Likes/Dislikes:
Fears:
Theme:
Voice actor:
D&d Alignment:
Tropes:

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App
(Image)

Name: Adelaide Monday
Appearance: Okay, imagine she's wearing some actual pants and not just...whatever she has on the picture. Some grey sweatpants sound good to me. Anyways, she's about 5'4 and weighs about 115 pounds.
Biography: There's really not much to say about Adelaide, to be perfectly honest. She had a fairly modest and normal life. Her mother was a police officer, and her father a mailman. They were never rich, but they most certainly weren't poor, and Adelaide never skipped a meal. Her schoolwork was...at the very least acceptable, but she wasn't always an A student, unfortunately.
Throughout her life Adelaide's powers never really showed that much. Usually this was because her emotions rarely ever got to an extreme point to cause anything around her to burn or freeze. No one knew that she was a metahuman, but eventually her powers would be shown, however. They were discovered when she almost burnt her house down due to being too cheerful, and that caused a huge pile of papers to catch fire.
Obviously worried about their daughter, Adelaide's parents decided to send her to Mellow Brook Academy, where she'd learn how to keep her powers in check. Well, keeping her powers in check, at least for now, means keeping her emotions in check. To do this, Adelaide has taken a bit of...outside help. Just to regulate her emotions, of course. It's not incredibly healthy for her body, but it allows her to get happier or sadder whenever she wants, which in her mind is really good, if it leads to controlling herself and her powers more.
Abilities/Skills Her abilities revolve around the temperature that is currently around her, though it is usually minor and you won't believe she's actually doing anything to make it hotter or colder. Her skills, though, are numbers and calculating. It isn't a super power, but she's practically a human calculator. Complicated calculations can be easily done in her head.
  • Heat manipulation: This, along with her other powers, revolve around her emotions. When she's feeling positive or passionate emotions such as happiness, pride, accomplishment or otherwise, the air around her gets warmer. On the best days she can make paper catch on fire. It's usually a gradual change, however. You won't notice right away unless you're literally touching her or hovering your hand near her while she's incredibly ecstatic.
  • Cold manipulation: Opposite of heat manipulation, this appears when she's experiencing negative emotions such as fear, disgust, sadness, jealousy, the air around her gets colder. At the worst, she can get water to freeze, or go below the freezing point of water. Once again, this is usually optional.
  • POWER GOES HERE: [Description of power goes here]

Weaknesses
  • Difficult to use: Obviously she cannot summon it at will. She's gotta be sad or happy for her powers to activate, and these emotions can be difficult to bring about.
  • Weak powers: Even then, the temperature changes are only going to make you generally uncomfortable until she learns how to make things hotter.
  • Synthetic emotions: Her need to have varying emotions to activate her powers causes her to use some...outside simulation to activate some emotion. She could get addicted if she isn't careful.

Rp Sample: I mean...you know me? Do I only need one? If not I'll supply more.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=413191

Optional
Likes/Dislikes:
Fears:
Theme:
Voice actor:
D&d Alignment:
Tropes:
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Melody 'Mel' Jordan
Appearance: Melody stands at 5'5", and weighs 113 lbs. She doesn't dress as extravagantly as it shows in the picture. She has nearly no impurities on her body besides a small, freckle-like mole beneath her collarbone. It must be observed that she carries an aura of calmness and serenity wherever she goes. She seems to have a habit of fidgeting when nervous.
Biography: Melody was originally born into a rich family, raised as an only child under the roof of her two parents. The money was inherited from their grandparents, and due to this, Melody was gifted with an easy lifestyle from the beginning. She was allotted any school she wished to go to for her grade level, any tutor, and any toys she wanted. However, the girl always seemed to be gifted with her academics. She also quickly grew a deep love for the playing of the violin...and as she grew older, she began to gain a desire to become a musical major. Her parents were incredibly displeased with this, pushing her to instead go on to be an engineer or a doctor...when they saw she still continued to drift towards her musical talents, they went to extreme measures and destroyed her violin beyond repair. They then instructed her that were she to buy a new one, they would disown her.

So, as it were, Melody abandoned her dream of becoming a musical master. She obeyed her parents wishes and continued in her academics, rarely devoting herself to much else. As such, her academics became continuously refined, and it was around the age of 11 that she finally discovered her ability to control water. She hid it from her parents, terrified that they might cruelly judge her for such a thing, but nonetheless was overjoyed by such a thing. She continued on in learning how to control her abilities before she caught wind of Mellow-Brook Academy. Interested, she explained to her parents that she wanted to start going to the school, and they happily agreed after seeing how the prospect excited her. Instead of moving to Beaver Bay with her, though, they instead sent her off to rent out her own apartment, alongside a large amount of money for amenities and food to live comfortably while going to school. Finally separated from her parents, Melody decided it was finally time to start living comfortably and free as she wished.
Abilities/Skills: Being an overall smart cookie, Melody never ceases to excel within her academic courses. As such, many students ask her for help with their own work, her reputation exceeding most other aspects of herself. She's also a somewhat decent singer. While being a pretty individual and getting hit on by guys would sound nice, Melody has grown old of the act; she has a knack for being able to politely turn guys down without hurting too many feelings.

• Hydrokinesis: The ability to both control existing and create any form of water. She can control most any amounts, but she cannot create more than a condensed lake amount of water.
  • Very Limited Hemokinesis: The ability to, with extreme concentration, control the blood of another animal or individual. It isn't very fluid, and can really only be used in either the most relaxed or most intense situations. It can also only be used against one person or animal at a time.
  • Limited Atmokinesis: The ability to control some forms of the weather. She can create things such as rainstorms, hurricanes, and blizzards, but she's limited from weather that doesn't involve the main usage of water (tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, etc.)

Weaknesses
  • Extreme Emotion Instability: When Melody experiences extreme emotional stress, her powers become more unstable and she has less control over them. As of such, her powers can either grow unusually strong, or fail completely in such situations.
  • Weakness to Fire: When around a substantial amount of fire, due to the ability of such a thing to wick away moisture, Melody's powers will be weakened slowly over time. The larger the fire, the quicker her weakness grows. Quite obviously, being around a live fire for too long can be dangerous.
  • A Potentially Fatal Weakness to Extremely Dry Environments: As stated above, the wicking away of a large amount of moisture is dangerous for Melody. Being away from water for too long with no way to replenish is basically a death sentence for the girl. She will dehydrate much faster than others in such situations.

Rp Sample: Argh, fine! :p Imperial War Academy

Optional
Likes/Dislikes: Nah.
Fears: Waterless environments, fire, and...heights.
Theme: Err...
Voice actor: I'm not good at these xD
Tropes: I don't really know any...
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

Just got done rewatching the first few episodes of Death Note so if I were to be rational I'd say that I'm in no fit state to make that decision, since, I mean, Light Yagami and all. But heck yeah. Don't forget to include my official song of power. :p

And here we go. I'll make any necessary edits tomorrow--today I've been pretty mentally drained, so I'll probably need to. But right now, it's about time for me to sleep, and boy do I need it.

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Meira Kleinschmidt
Appearance: Approximately 5'8". I don't exactly have a good grasp on what the average weight for various heights/ages/et cetera is, and looking it up isn't helping. You don't even need to know her exact weight anyway. :eyebrow: Seriously, when is that information going to be useful? Anyway, she's got burn scars under her clothes, a decent amount of them. Only under her clothes, though, none in sight.
Biography:
If you came in here expecting me to not give you a bio, I might as well oblige. :p

Abilities/Skills
  • Typhoid Meira: Capable of manipulating infectious diseases. Power ranges from inflicting and worsening to decreasing and curing altogether. Non-infectious diseases such as cancer, immune system disorders, and other such things are not within her purview.
  • Asymptomatic: Meira can enshroud herself within a bubble of darkness so thick that, even if one were to take a flashlight within and turn it on, one would see nothing.

Weaknesses
  • Contagion: Meira can never come into contact with another person. If her skin ever touches someone else's, they're immediately infected with one of the many diseases she can control. This ranges from something as innocuous as the common cold to something as terrible as ebola. Do. Not. Touch.
  • Complete Darkness: The aforementioned bubble of darkness is so thick that not even Meira herself can see out of it. If you see a dark orb crashing into a wall, it's Meira.
  • Immortal Madness: Meira wants to feel pain. Not because she's a masochist, mind you. I don't think that counts as a character flaw. (Really bizarre and inexplicable from my POV? Yes. But not a character flaw.) No, the only gratification Meira gets out of her own suffering is the knowledge that she is suffering. And she likes it that way. Any sort of pain is fine with her, but the type she prefers most is the feeling of flames licking at her flesh.

There's a reason she has so many scars.

Rp Sample: Once upon a time, there was a girl known as Charlia who was asked to give an RP sample to someone who already knew her. Now, Charlia had no soul, either because she was a redhead or because someone else she happened to know stole hers, both of which are completely plausible and totally scientific hypotheses. So when Charlia was asked to give said RP sample, she got very cross, and decided to hunt down the person demanding the sample and... well, if I continue, the mods will get me. Here's your RP sample, you can keep your life, for now.

Optional
Likes/Dislikes: No.
Fears: No.
Theme: A lovely arrangement of 'Illusionary Night ~ Ghostly Eyes', and Scrambling for Resources. And, if you want something with lyrics, here. AND WHAT, ANOTHER ONE?! Yes. And this is the translation.
Voice actor: Caity Lotz, as Sara Lance. The snark, it is glorious. All hail the snark.
D&d Alignment: Boring.
Tropes: Eh, I really don't feel like it right now. They're there, though. They're there.

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Morgan Carnet
Appearance: About 5'8". That's all you're getting.
Biography: Does it ever get hard, keeping track of your own thoughts? Imagine having to keep track of everyone else's, too. For as long as he can remember, Morgan Carnet has seen and heard everything, from the waves of light refracting off objects to people's thoughts echoing inside his mind. And it drove him a little over the edge.

That's not to say he suddenly went insane. He simply... changed. Became slightly more unbalanced as time went on. With so many thoughts crowding into his mind, is it really any wonder? After a while, he stopped being able to tell the difference between his own thoughts and the thoughts of other people. He couldn't think about anything without wondering if it was really him thinking. So... he stopped.

He started living on spur-of-the-moment ideas, impulse one of the only things that drove him. He didn't know what else to do. In the end, music became one of the only things he had left, and a pair of headphones one of the only things that could block out the noise. You'll rarely see him without said headphones--without them, he's left unstable and wondering what his own mind is producing once again.
Abilities/Skills
  • Lunatic Ability: Able to see and manipulate waves, that is, capable of altering the way others perceive the world. With light waves, he can alter what is seen. He might hide himself this way, or create a fantastic illusion. With sound waves, he can block out worldly noise and make other people hear what he wishes. With brainwaves, he can induce madness; but to block out otherworldly noise, that is, the thoughts of other people, he would have to block their thoughts, so he suffers in silence.

Weaknesses
  • Recollection 'Pandemonium': Due to his abilities, his mind is constantly being assaulted by other people's thoughts. This has left him unable to determine which thoughts are his own.
  • Free Spirit: Since he doesn't know what is his own mind and what is that of another, he can't trust his own thoughts. Thus, he prefers to let himself be controlled by his subconscious, acting on impulse rather than true thought. This can and has gotten him into trouble.

Rp Sample: No.

Optional
Fears: Uh-uh.
Theme: Night Falls ~ Evening Star, an arrangement of Captain Murasa, and Apparitions Stalk the Night
Voice actor: Screw it. Vic Mignona. I can't stop hearing him in my head and it's all Merlin's fault. (Okay, also I kind of think it would work, but still.)
D&d Alignment: No.
Tropes: It took me long enough to get the rest of this done, for some bizarre reason I can't comprehend. Why would I make it take longer?

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Rowan Silva
Appearance: 5'6". We're done here. (But don't worry, she never wears that hat thing. I don't even know what that's supposed to be... it's weird.)
Biography: Rowan was never the nicest of people. In fact, she was a little terror from the moment she was born, and only got worse when she realized that she had things she could do even more with. She's the sort of person who knows what she wants from the world and won't stop until she gets it, and everyone else can go die in a hole for all she cares. After all, it's a dog-eat-dog world. Rowan plans to be a wolf.

She's only been at the Academy for a couple of years, but in that time, she's been having fun. The mysterious 'Loki' is who she considers her partner in crime, and the closest thing to a friend the spiteful, selfish girl has. Her own abilities pale in comparison, she's quite sure of that, but they're useful enough, and her skills with gadgetry are definitely a plus. But don't make the mistake of thinking she's loyal to the boy. Whatever it takes to get ahead, right?

It's a dog-eat-dog world, after all. And if she thinks he's holding her back, well, she'll bite.
Abilities/Skills
  • Lunar Clock: The manipulation of eternity and the instantaneous. Eternity is namely immutability, and it can be said that eternity rejects all change. Things that possess eternity indefinitely don't change, and also cannot be interfered with by things outside of it. Rowan, in being able to manipulate the instantaneous, is able to collect the needed "instants" and make time seemingly go faster. As the instantaneous is the smallest unit of time, time is able to accumulate countless instants. To see time as continuous is due to the inability to recognize the instant. Since her ability can be said to be the ability to manipulate in the manner of "complete stop = eternity" and "extreme speed-up = instant", it can be summarized as an ability to manipulate time, in a way. Still, it's limited.

Weaknesses
  • Broken Clock: Due to her youth, Rowan has little finesse when it comes to her powers, especially the time-related one. She can't quite figure it out, although she's still trying. Thus, she prefers to simply use brute force, or one of her many projects.
  • Time is Short: Again, Rowan's still working on the whole 'powers' thing. At the moment, she can't speed up more than a minute on the average, five minutes at best. And that leaves her exhausted for a good while.

Rp Sample: No.

Optional
Fears: No.
Theme: The Witches' Ball, Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial, and a wonderful arrangement of Satori Maiden ~ Third Eye
Voice actor: Claire Boynton.
D&d Alignment: No.
Tropes: No.
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:
Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App
(Image)

Name: Sailor White
Appearance: His height is 5 feet and 8 inches, and he has an average build, but he's not very muscular or strong.
Biography: Sailor hasn't come from a long line of metahumans. His father is a second generation mutant, and he himself is a third generation mutant, as well as, technically, a third generation immigrant from the island of Bermuda. His father had never had a good control of his powers, which involved emotion manipulation, but that didn't stop him from gaining the affection of a nurse when he and his family had moved to the state of Wyoming due to economic reasons. He got her without the use of his special powers, and he was head over heels in love with the girl.

Though, he wasn't alone growing up in his house. Instead, he had an older sibling! They...never got along very well, but Sailor always tried to have fun with his sibling while growing up. He was always a bit rowdy compared to his brother, who was more well kept and well mannered. Respectable, if you will. His sibling was very respectable, and Sailor respected his sibling, but he just...didn't show it very often.

Anyways, Sailor's powers showed at a very young age, during elementary school. Third grade, to be exact. He didn't exactly know that it was probably best to keep his powers hidden or to not use them, as they would probably either damage or freak people out if they saw him moving papers with his mind. Thankfully, not many people have seen this and he went through school being mostly unnoticed for his powers.

Though, his powers became even more relevant to his parents when he was at home, as he would use them all the time. His father had no idea how his son had gotten those powers, considering it wasn't even similar to his own powers, but he still tried his best to attempt to teach his son how to control his powers. Suffice to say, it...didn't go well.

Eventually, after some failed attempts from his father, his father contacted those at Mellow-Brook Academy to ask them to teach his son how to control himself. They welcomed him to the Academy and he's been there ever since.
Abilities/Skills An amazing drawer, and he has pretty amazing handwriting. Calligraphy isn't a problem for him. Oh, also, paper manipulation! Also note that these powers may be added upon as he learns how to control himself
  • Paper manipulation: No, you didn't hear me wrong when I said paper manipulation. Sailor's big power is the ability to manipulate paper and bend it to his will, which involves a lot of folding and flying papers around. The ability to manipulate paper gives him a lot of other abilities, though he's not good at most of them. He's really good at making paper fly around, though. This doesn't happen with specifically paper, but also paper like substances, such as Papyrus and parchment.
  • Paper construction: Not just origami. If Sailor tries hard enough, he can actually make things out of paper, such as golems, and use those to fight for him, though he would have to control them still, which takes a lot out of him.
  • Paper Property Manipulator: Sailor can temporarily change the durability and the sharpness of paper, as well as other properties, to turn them into actual usable weapons, or he can make armor if he surrounds himself in it. The longer he keeps the property change, the more energy it takes.

Weaknesses
  • Water is the enemy: Water and paper don't really mix well, which is why he can't go up against anyone using water. If he even tries, all his paper would get gross and soft.
  • Fire is also the enemy: Fire and paper don't mix either, which is why he can't go up against a fire user. You don't need me to tell you why that's bad.
  • Lots of things are the enemy: You know how delicate paper is, right? Exactly. A lot of things could end up destroying his main weapon of choice if he doesn't do anything about it. Scissors and blades will cut through his paper if he doesn't change the durability.

Rp Sample: Maybe not? I know you, after all.

Likes/Dislikes:
Fears:
Theme:
Voice actor:
D&d Alignment:
Tropes:
I can't look at this without thinking 'pretty guardian in a sailor suit, Sailor White!'

This wouldn't be so bad, except I hate Sailor Moon.
Castle Crashers wrote:
Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App
(Image)

Name: Melody 'Mel' Jordan
Appearance: Melody stands at 5'5", and weighs 113 lbs. She doesn't dress as extravagantly as it shows in the picture. She has nearly no impurities on her body besides a small, freckle-like mole beneath her collarbone. It must be observed that she carries an aura of calmness and serenity wherever she goes. She seems to have a habit of fidgeting when nervous.
Biography: Melody was originally born into a rich family, raised as an only child under the roof of her two parents. The money was inherited from their grandparents, and due to this, Melody was gifted with an easy lifestyle from the beginning. She was allotted any school she wished to go to for her grade level, any tutor, and any toys she wanted. However, the girl always seemed to be gifted with her academics. She also quickly grew a deep love for the playing of the violin...and as she grew older, she began to gain a desire to become a musical major. Her parents were incredibly displeased with this, pushing her to instead go on to be an engineer or a doctor...when they saw she still continued to drift towards her musical talents, they went to extreme measures and destroyed her violin beyond repair. They then instructed her that were she to buy a new one, they would disown her.

So, as it were, Melody abandoned her dream of becoming a musical master. She obeyed her parents wishes and continued in her academics, rarely devoting herself to much else. As such, her academics became continuously refined, and it was around the age of 11 that she finally discovered her ability to control water. She hid it from her parents, terrified that they might cruelly judge her for such a thing, but nonetheless was overjoyed by such a thing. She continued on in learning how to control her abilities before she caught wind of Mellow-Brook Academy. Interested, she explained to her parents that she wanted to start going to the school, and they happily agreed after seeing how the prospect excited her. Instead of moving to Beaver Bay with her, though, they instead sent her off to rent out her own apartment, alongside a large amount of money for amenities and food to live comfortably while going to school. Finally separated from her parents, Melody decided it was finally time to start living comfortably and free as she wished.
Abilities/Skills: Being an overall smart cookie, Melody never ceases to excel within her academic courses. As such, many students ask her for help with their own work, her reputation exceeding most other aspects of herself. She's also a somewhat decent singer. While being a pretty individual and getting hit on by guys would sound nice, Melody has grown old of the act; she has a knack for being able to politely turn guys down without hurting too many feelings.

• Hydrokinesis: The ability to both control existing and create any form of water. She can control most any amounts, but she cannot create more than a condensed lake amount of water.
  • Very Limited Hemokinesis: The ability to, with extreme concentration, control the blood of another animal or individual. It isn't very fluid, and can really only be used in either the most relaxed or most intense situations. It can also only be used against one person or animal at a time.
  • Limited Atmokinesis: The ability to control some forms of the weather. She can create things such as rainstorms, hurricanes, and blizzards, but she's limited from weather that doesn't involve the main usage of water (tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, etc.)

Weaknesses
  • Extreme Emotion Instability: When Melody experiences extreme emotional stress, her powers become more unstable and she has less control over them. As of such, her powers can either grow unusually strong, or fail completely in such situations.
  • Weakness to Fire: When around a substantial amount of fire, due to the ability of such a thing to wick away moisture, Melody's powers will be weakened slowly over time. The larger the fire, the quicker her weakness grows. Quite obviously, being around a live fire for too long can be dangerous.
  • A Potentially Fatal Weakness to Extremely Dry Environments: As stated above, the wicking away of a large amount of moisture is dangerous for Melody. Being away from water for too long with no way to replenish is basically a death sentence for the girl. She will dehydrate much faster than others in such situations.

Rp Sample: Argh, fine! :p Imperial War Academy

Optional
Likes/Dislikes: Nah.
Fears: Waterless environments, fire, and...heights.
Theme: Err...
Voice actor: I'm not good at these xD
Tropes: I don't really know any...
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut this makes me feel better. Seiga!

...oh look, one of my Seiga wallpapers just came up. :p

...good night.
Last edited by Charlia on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Charlia, will add your peeps later. Good night everyone, i dont know when i will be able to do the changes adn such.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 am

Okay I might get an application up this weekend

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 am

My app will be finished at some point.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:35 pm

I am back, will add Charlias apps later. Anyone have any questions?

On another note, for the IC, the way it will start is with the Students arriving, the orientation speech, thena period of exploration, and the IC day will end with the dinner in the cafeteria then going to our dorms, which will have been assigned when the class schedule was recieved.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I am back, will add Charlias apps later. Anyone have any questions?

On another note, for the IC, the way it will start is with the Students arriving, the orientation speech, thena period of exploration, and the IC day will end with the dinner in the cafeteria then going to our dorms, which will have been assigned when the class schedule was recieved.

How will word of the meta club spread to the metas?
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Bycrest wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I am back, will add Charlias apps later. Anyone have any questions?

How will word of the meta club spread to the metas?

They will each have it, not counting the few if any that are actively hiding their abilities and came to Mellow-Broook out of curiousity from eharing about it, like Theo, for example, though he is complicated for plot reasons.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 pm

So... are dorms single person or what?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So... are dorms single person or what?

Irs in the about the academy bit, single or double rooms.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:58 pm

So that means... anyone want a roommate?
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:So that means... anyone want a roommate?

I got paper man and fencing boy with no powers.
Which one you want?
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:08 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:So that means... anyone want a roommate?

I got paper man and fencing boy with no powers.
Which one you want?

Well, paper man don't like fire man, sooooo...

Totally paper man?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:I got paper man and fencing boy with no powers.
Which one you want?

Well, paper man don't like fire man, sooooo...

Totally paper man?

Yes, totally paper man.

...it'd be funny if Bailey was originally assigned to a girl's room just because he kinda looks like one.
Doubt they'd make that mistake, though.
Just call me Sahara

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Anyone feels like rooming with any of my characters, let me know.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Who wants to room with a girl who may change anytime she gets scared and may try to kill you? Who wants to room with an overly Scottish giant with a low IQ? And who wants to room with a seemingly innocent boy who will be secretly plotting how to use you as you sleep?

Any takers?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse