NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen [RWBY RP|OOC 3|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best new character so far? (Volume 5)

Leonardo Lionheart
No votes
Sienna Khan
38%
The pilot
23%
Weiss' summoned knight
23%
Vernal (could she be...)
No votes
No. Spoilers. Storm.
8%
"Actually these four episodes have been out for a we-" SHUSH, NO SPOILERS.
8%

Total votes : 13

Lycanth
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycanth » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:22 pm

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Mandisa Netem-ra
Sex: Female
Race: [X] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits:
Biography:
Mandisa grew up in Vacuo. With being a large part of the Great War, the hellish desert taking up most of the kingdom, and a government on the verge of anarchy, Vacuo was not the ideal place to raise a family. Mandisa lived in a mining district where her father was a Dust miner and her mother was an ex-huntress.

Her mother trained at Shade Academy and was injured when fighting a Death Crawler. Their team was ambushed by Ursae during the fight, outnumbering them and ultimately defeating the huntsmen, killing two of them and permanently injuring the remaining two. Mandisa was taught how to fight by her mother, the best she could anyways. With her mother restricted to a wheelchair there was only so much she could do.

Instead of going to school, Mandisa helped her mother around the house and her father in the mines when he needed to. Seeing the other kids going to the Huntsmen schools, Mandisa really wanted to learn. After a lot of prompting and some begging here and there, her mother finally agreed and taught her what she could.

Mandisa became an expert shot with a bow and arrow and became fond of using weapons like spears and staves. One day, when shooting her bow and arrow, she didn't make sure her target area was completely clear and an arrow was heading straight for one of her neighbors. On an impulse, she thrust her hands forward screaming, "No!" and a mostly translucent purple wall formed in front of the neighbor. The arrow hit the wall and fell to the ground. She didn't realize until the next day that what she did was discover her semblance.

From her father being a Dust miner, he was able to get her various types of Dust in small amounts. Mandisa began tinkering with the Dust, having the idea of adding them to her arrows. After much experimentation, and many injuries, she was finally able to balance out the arrows and the Dust amount to create her payloads.

Seeing that Mandisa was really taking this Huntress thing seriously, her mother got in contact with some people she knew back in Shade Academy. She called in a few favors and pulled some strings. For Mandisa's 16th birthday, she was given her new weapon:

When Mandisa was finally 16, her parents pooled enough money together to send her to Beacon Academy in Vale to get formal training as a Huntress.

Personality: Mandisa is calculating and defensive. She assesses a situation before jumping in blindly. She also is an experimenter, she's not afraid to try new things or test ideas. When a new problem arises she gets excited about solving it and will always give it her all. She can be a little stiff sometimes but is learning to relax, slowly but surely. She always has to be doing something, may it be working on equipment or training with her team she can't sit still for extended periods of time.
Appearance:
Reference Image(s): (Optional)

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Hushed Locust
Appearance: A bronze-colored spear that can turn into a recurve bow. She carries a quiver with 24 arrows on her back.
Capabilities: The arrows have various tips: 6 standard razor-sharp arrowheads for typical engagements, 6 larger, heavier arrows with armor piercing arrowheads, 6 arrows that use different types of Dust to makes various elemental attacks, 3 grappling hook arrows, and 3 smoke bomb arrows using different colored Dust: green, red, and purple. The spearhead is razor-sharp and can pierce through light-medium armors.

Semblance: Shielding. Mandisa can create a shield in various different forms: a bubble where nothing can get in or out of, a wall that can vary in size and shape, or a sphere that can absorb the impact of falling from certain heights. She can also use it as an umbrella when it rains or for other similar purposes. Can be used to hold some enemies. She has tried to make more than one shield at a time but has so far proven unsuccessful.

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: As often as possible, I work almost every day and some days I'll be exhausted if I work all day and night so I may be too tired to post sometimes. Regardless, I'll do my best to get posts up as often as I can.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=31843436#p31843436
Did you read the rules? Yes. I'll make sure to let everyone know in the OOC or other means when I cannot post and when I will be able to.

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

The bio is a bit rough due to me editing it while talking to Eskimo and our other friend about our team. I can edit it more later to make it smoother and less garbled I just wanted to get this out there now so it can at least be examined. Let me know if I need to tweak/fix anything!
Bees?

Tired of things not going your way? Sick of wondering if you're screwing up your life?

#BlameVoid
might just be for you!

'Ever since I learned how to #BlameVoid, my life has been so much easier!', says satisfied customer Charlia. 'I don't have to worry that I'm doing something wrong, because if something's messed up, I can just #BlameVoid. #BlameVoid solved all my problems overnight!'

Using this product may result in overinflated ego, lack of responsibility, and a habit of redirecting blame. Ask your doctor if

#BlameVoid
is right for you.

Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.

It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ableu Nostradamus?

Azura. It also sounds like blue. :P

Cue Lucius Aurelius wondering why his teammate's name is female...

In all seriousness, though, I would personally be very happy to have Nostradamus fill Adan's void (particularly if you change his first name, though I'm sure that we can come up with something else for the team's name if need be), especially given that you've been waiting for a while. Sonitusia, Lunas Legion - your thoughts?

(Sorry for my brief absence.)
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Azura. It also sounds like blue. :P

In all seriousness, though, I would personally be very happy to have Nostradamus fill Adan's void (particularly if you change his first name, though I'm sure that we can come up with something else for the team's name if need be), especially given that you've been waiting for a while. Sonitusia, Lunas Legion - your thoughts?

I'm fine with it.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Yes.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Yep, will change it to Albastru. It's Romanian for Blue.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:29 pm

done, edited.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Cue Lucius Aurelius wondering why his teammate's name is female...

I must say, that is really cool-sounding! Good find!
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:

I must say, that is really cool-sounding! Good find!

Yes, thank you to the Google Translate as well.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:26 am

Lycanth wrote:-snip-

Accepted. Welcome to Beacon! Don't worry about introducing her as a newcomer, she's been a student for a while there. You could say she graduated from her shadow person status. :P

Altito Asmoro wrote:done, edited.

Will update in a bit.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 am

I almost forgot to address this. @Eski: who are Tasha and Hall? I'm gonna need you to app them if you're gonna play them, basic RP protocol.

Lycanth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycanth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:42 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Lycanth wrote:-snip-

Accepted. Welcome to Beacon! Don't worry about introducing her as a newcomer, she's been a student for a while there. You could say she graduated from her shadow person status. :P

Altito Asmoro wrote:done, edited.

Will update in a bit.

Well, Eski, a friend of ours who is gonna post an app either today or tomorrow, and I were going to have newcomers and form a team. Mandisa, Hall, and Tasha are all on one team. We're just waitin for our friend to post his app to get it all started.
Bees?

Tired of things not going your way? Sick of wondering if you're screwing up your life?

#BlameVoid
might just be for you!

'Ever since I learned how to #BlameVoid, my life has been so much easier!', says satisfied customer Charlia. 'I don't have to worry that I'm doing something wrong, because if something's messed up, I can just #BlameVoid. #BlameVoid solved all my problems overnight!'

Using this product may result in overinflated ego, lack of responsibility, and a habit of redirecting blame. Ask your doctor if

#BlameVoid
is right for you.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 am

Lycanth wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Accepted. Welcome to Beacon! Don't worry about introducing her as a newcomer, she's been a student for a while there. You could say she graduated from her shadow person status. :P

Will update in a bit.

Well, Eski, a friend of ours who is gonna post an app either today or tomorrow, and I were going to have newcomers and form a team. Mandisa, Hall, and Tasha are all on one team. We're just waitin for our friend to post his app to get it all started.

Alright, but no new characters can be in the IC unless they are apped first. Just so you know. ;)

Lycanth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycanth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:00 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Lycanth wrote:

Alright, but no new characters can be in the IC unless they are apped first. Just so you know. ;)

Gotcha!
Bees?

#BlameVoid
might just be for you!

#BlameVoid
is right for you.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:05 am

But, I did app them. You accepted them both.
Last edited by Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:26 pm

... Hm. This is so tempting! A few questions:

Are single characters acceptable, or are full teams of four expected for apps at present due to the tournament? Or are there any teams missing members? I don't necessarily - or needlessly - want to app for a[n] [older?] student who lost their entire team, as that seems a rare event. Though perhaps not uncommon? Or perhaps a previous transfer from before the tournament? Ideas, ideas...

Regardless, are there any character roles or styles wanted as well?
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:58 am

Sil Arion wrote:... Hm. This is so tempting! A few questions:

Are single characters acceptable, or are full teams of four expected for apps at present due to the tournament? Or are there any teams missing members? I don't necessarily - or needlessly - want to app for a[n] [older?] student who lost their entire team, as that seems a rare event. Though perhaps not uncommon? Or perhaps a previous transfer from before the tournament? Ideas, ideas...

Regardless, are there any character roles or styles wanted as well?

Single characters are acceptable, but you're gonna be waiting a long time before the 1v1 matches come up, so it is recommended your character has a partner or an entire team if you want them in action sooner. ;)

Well for one I'm getting tired of edgy students that have had their parents get violently taken out of the backstory by Grimm, violent thugs, bandits, or stuff like that. As OP I was hoping for more positive people on board, maybe even some quirky characters that can stand out. Maybe even kooky ones with stuff that you wouldn't think would be "also a gun" or something like that. After all, I would love to see those kinds of students fight. But if you have some unique ideas yourself, feel free to share. :)

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:14 am

Stormwrath wrote:Single characters are acceptable, but you're gonna be waiting a long time before the 1v1 matches come up, so it is recommended your character has a partner or an entire team if you want them in action sooner. ;)

Well for one I'm getting tired of edgy students that have had their parents get violently taken out of the backstory by Grimm, violent thugs, bandits, or stuff like that. As OP I was hoping for more positive people on board, maybe even some quirky characters that can stand out. Maybe even kooky ones with stuff that you wouldn't think would be "also a gun" or something like that. After all, I would love to see those kinds of students fight. But if you have some unique ideas yourself, feel free to share. :)

Thank you! I don't believe I've the skill to balance four characters and still develop them well, so a pair it shall be.

Precisely what I'm wary of! Needless edginess is often simply that - no matter how fitting it might seem in a crapsaccharine death world like RWBY! Methinks a rather dynamic duo of sorts might be called for in my apps...

And unique ideas? Oh. Oh yes. Though that'll be later when I've free time tonight. Til then, cheers!

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Cue Lucius Aurelius wondering why his teammate's name is female...

I'm fine with it.

Sonitusia? Given that Clover's team leader, we do need your approval as well.

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
I'm fine with it.

Sonitusia? Given that Clover's team leader, we do need your approval as well.

I haven't seen Sonitusia on in a while, I don't know if they'll be able to respond.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Legatia wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Sonitusia? Given that Clover's team leader, we do need your approval as well.

I haven't seen Sonitusia on in a while, I don't know if they'll be able to respond.

Sonitusia is a Co-Op here. I am sure that he will come.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Ugh. I apologize; got too busy tonight. I'll have my apps up tomorrow. Til then, cheers as always!

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Are we trying to revive this RP? If so, can I get a response from my guy please? Or something.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Apror wrote:Are we trying to revive this RP? If so, can I get a response from my guy please? Or something.

We timeskipped to the tournament arc. He can begin at the fairgrounds or watch the fight going on at the Coliseum if he wants to.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Apror wrote:Are we trying to revive this RP? If so, can I get a response from my guy please? Or something.

We timeskipped to the tournament arc. He can begin at the fairgrounds or watch the fight going on at the Coliseum if he wants to.

Eh, okay.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:19 pm

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Chen Milong
Sex: Male
Race: [X] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits (Omit if human):

Biography: Chen Milong is a former student of Sanctum Academy, the combat school in Mistral for younger students. Though he was exceptional at fighting, his academics left much to be desired, and that is what barred him from graduating to Haven Academy. That didn't much bother the young fighter though, who decided on his own to leave home and become a Huntsman regardless. Suffice to say, it didn't work out how he planned it, and Chen ended up basically living off of the good graces of those who he offered to help, and doing odd jobs to earn money. The young fighter had always dreamed of the intercontinental Vytal Festival, and saved up enough of his earnings to buy a ticket on an airship to Vale, where he could watch the festivities and try, once again, to become a professional Huntsman.

Personality: Chen is hot-headed, passionate, and sure of himself. He hates to lose and loathes to give up, enjoying to fight, spar, and practice in his free time.

Appearance: Chen Milong

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Shashou-Ya
Appearance: Shashou-Ya
Capabilities: Shashou-Ya's scabbard is embedded with four gems, and the guard of the sword with two. Red ruby, green emerald, blue sapphire, and brown topaz on the hilt, black jet and white diamond on the guard. When a gem is lit and the sword drawn (the gem is activated by channeling aura into the weapon) Shashou-Ya will appear with the appropriate element visible as the blade (ruby fire, emerald wood, sapphire water, topaz earth; the other two are locked). The different blades offer minor elemental control of the associated element, with the default metal blade being just that: a sword.

Semblance:

Combat Intuition
Chen's semblance is Precognition, but he only uses it in one way. He can, using his martial arts training and this precognition, see slightly into the future to dodge attacks in combat. It only sees a few seconds, and there isn't a guarantee that Chen can react in time. He also doesn't advertise this mental ability, preferring to let the powers of his sword seem to be his semblance.

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: IC, I can't promise more than once every few days.
RP Example (link or one shot): Do I need to? We go back Storm.
Did you read the rules? I mean... kinda. I apped here before.

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse