NATION

PASSWORD

The Pub Two | Now Serving Outdated Movie References

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite RP Genre

Action / Adventure
27%
Thriller
4%
Horror
6%
Science Fiction
28%
Nation
18%
Doki Doki Literature Club
17%

Total votes : 71

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat May 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Ontorisa wrote:I aspire to reach your levels of creativity and dedication to your RPS :p

Maybe Grest should consider making a Para-Verse television show, considering some of the stuff you make is HBO-levels of fucked up lmao

The funny thing is that most of the time it's more like a show on regular cable television.

I have to figure out what I can get away with so the Mods don't give me a slap on the wrist.

Just don't tell them I offload the more fucked up stuff in the Expanded Universe hub.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat May 27, 2017 2:53 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:I aspire to reach your levels of creativity and dedication to your RPS :p

Maybe Grest should consider making a Para-Verse television show, considering some of the stuff you make is HBO-levels of fucked up lmao

The funny thing is that most of the time it's more like a show on regular cable television.

I have to figure out what I can get away with so the Mods don't give me a slap on the wrist.

Just don't tell them I offload the more fucked up stuff in the Expanded Universe hub.

I read that.

That's some pretty fucked up shit.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat May 27, 2017 3:26 pm

New Grestin wrote:

Mini-series, 13-episodes run, or 22-episodes run?
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat May 27, 2017 4:03 pm

New Grestin wrote:The funny thing is that most of the time it's more like a show on regular cable television.

Mini-series, 13-episodes run, or 22-episodes run?

Honestly, I'd want to do a mini-series and not something long running.

I try to not explicitly world-build when I'm writing for it. I try to just world-build in the background, because just explaining the universe is actually pretty fucking boring. If I just sat down and said "These are the factions and this is the history", it'd ruin a lot of the mystery about most of the groups.

A mini-series would allow me to write a complete story about a group of characters without needing to do a ton of world-building.

Ontorisa wrote:
New Grestin wrote:The funny thing is that most of the time it's more like a show on regular cable television.

I read that.

That's some pretty fucked up shit.

I take a lot of pride in my ability to write horror well and basically nothing else well at all.

I'm really only good at writing depressing or horrifying things.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat May 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Joined the discord, might as well make myself somewhat relevant here.

Hi. What's going on?
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat May 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Many thanks again to those who helped out with Convergence. Just wanted to touch base, and let you know its been a real success for its start! With the IC really steaming, I'd highly recommend all non-heretics to visit our thread, and mayhaps throw in an app, for the good of the Emperor :p
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sat May 27, 2017 7:18 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Joined the discord, might as well make myself somewhat relevant here.

Hi. What's going on?

Oh hey, you're still active. Just a warning, the Discord can get pretty radical at times. Not much here, just the usual spitballing/r-bombing. Majority of activity is on Discord.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat May 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Vacif wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Joined the discord, might as well make myself somewhat relevant here.

Hi. What's going on?

Oh hey, you're still active. Just a warning, the Discord can get pretty radical at times. Not much here, just the usual spitballing/r-bombing. Majority of activity is on Discord.

Just got back from a half-year hiatus. Feels... like home.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat May 27, 2017 8:14 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Vacif wrote:Oh hey, you're still active. Just a warning, the Discord can get pretty radical at times. Not much here, just the usual spitballing/r-bombing. Majority of activity is on Discord.

-
Last edited by New Grestin on Sat May 27, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Just got back from a half-year hiatus. Feels... like home.

It's good to have you back.

Just don't touch the Discord if you don't feel like you absolutely need to. The last thing I want is to lose you too.

Too?

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat May 27, 2017 8:24 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Just got back from a half-year hiatus. Feels... like home.

It's good to have you back.

Just don't touch the Discord if you don't feel like you absolutely need to. The last thing I want is to lose you too.

Discord is just easier than NS. Because there's an app for that and my computer broke at the start of this year.

We all know where the quality is. ;)

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 27, 2017 8:26 pm

New Grestin wrote:It's good to have you back.

Discord is just easier than NS. Because there's an app for that and my computer broke at the start of this year.

In consoles?

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat May 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Vacif wrote:Oh hey, you're still active. Just a warning, the Discord can get pretty radical at times. Not much here, just the usual spitballing/r-bombing. Majority of activity is on Discord.

Just don't get into arguments.

They've lost few members in Discord because of arguments.

Zanera wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Discord is just easier than NS. Because there's an app for that and my computer broke at the start of this year.

In consoles?

Have you ever heard of heresy?
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Just don't get into arguments.

They've lost few members in Discord because of arguments.

Zanera wrote:

In consoles?

Have you ever heard of heresy?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Is done, just needs a banner

Postby Anowa » Sun May 28, 2017 12:05 am

The Colony

>>IC<<
Theme
The Pub
OP: Anowa
Co-OP(s):

ark (ärk)
noun
singular proper noun: ark; noun: the ark
A vessel or sanctuary that serves as protection against extinction.
ex: "a starship ark built by their android protectors"

It has been 177 years since the establishment of humanity's first extraterrestrial colony. In that time they've discovered how to make fully functional and realistic prosthetics, artificial intelligence, medical advances that can extend one's natural life past 140 years, and most important of all, commercial sized fusion reactors. With a power source to field car sized fusion reactors, humanity all but exploded past the golden zone. Terraforming on the large scale became possible, asteroid mining became the norm, and colonies were set up outside the asteroid belt, on the Gallilean moons, Titan, and with a space station orbiting Neptune. Yet now humanity takes it's first steps past the Oort cloud.

With construction starting in 2203, the first colonial ark, The UTS Blissful Horizon, was finished and commissioned in 2210, with recruitment for humanity's first extra-solar expedition running from 2211 to 2215. The Blissful Horizon is the culmination of human achievement, equipped with an Alcubierre drive, ion thrusters, fusion based retrothrusters, a hydroponics deck, manufacturing deck, and cryogenics complement holding over 9000 colonists.

You will play a member of the ark's establishment crew, numbering less than 30 people you will be tasked with getting the basic necessities up and running; you are all that stand between success and the ultimate death of over 9000 people. You will play as a botanist, engineer, security officer, geologist, or any number of background, all working together in the vital mission of setting up a colony on Catan, previously known as HD20794 e, in the 82G Eridani solar system. An inability to problem solve or work together will result in the death of the colony, and the loss of human kind's future among the stars. Welcome to the Ark Program.

1. OP is veritable God, Co-OPs are veritable Archangels.
2. No Godmodding, Metagaming, or 'dickish' OOC behavior.
3. Keep it roughly PG-13.
4. No directly controlling another player character unless given permission to do so. As stated above you may freely control any and all NPC’s that are not central to any major plotline.
5. Posts must be a paragraph minimum. One-liners are unacceptable.
6. You character cannot be overpowered. You can die and every challenge should be just that, a challenge. Any overpowered characters will bring forth the wrath of the OP in the form of even worse obstacles and outcomes.
7. Be active should you apply. No need to be online 24/7 (as I certainly will not be) but don’t go through the effort of joining and never post anything. If you will be gone for any significant amount of time please leave a message stating that you will be gone. Those who do not risk having their characters killed off.
8. Have fun.
  • 2033 - The first self sufficient fusion reactor is powered on to supply energy to the civilian populace in Northern Germany.
  • 2036 - Lunar Station: Athena, is created as a forward research station, for both military and civil purposes. Later that year, the United Nations Orbital Association is formed as the regulatory and governmental seat for humanity's further exploration of the stars.
  • 2042 - The Colony of Olympia is set up on Mars, 300km southeast of Olympus Mons. The population sits at 200. Microfracture therapy is invented, to prevent brittle bone disease from cropping up en masse in Martian populations.
  • 2055 - The Athena Reactor comes online. A scientific achievement due to it's size of less than 26 metric tons, it signals the true beginning of the fusion age.
  • 2068 - At the age of 98 years, Elon Musk dies in his sleep of natural causes. He is buried on the peak of Olympus Mons, an onyx monument is placed near his grave site commemorating the man's contribution to human achievement. Olympus reaches the population of 272.
  • 2075 - The first fully viable cryogenics pod is tested on one Marcus Willingham. The test succeeds, and Mr. Willingham survives with only minor freezer-burn. Humanity begins to draft plans to colonize the Galilean moons.
  • 2088 - Europa is settled with a deep space mining station. Collecting water from it's surface ice and sending it to Mars.
  • 2089 - Martian Colonists build a drone retrieval depot, for the purpose of 'fishing' asteroids from the belt, bring them into Martian orbit, and strip mining them there. It is met with apprehension.
  • 2092 - Olympus' population breaks 1,000 people. Efforts to create an artificial magnetosphere on the red planet begin.
  • 2097 - The Singapore Space Elevator completes construction, the artificial Island it is created upon become international territory and becomes strictly regulated by the UNOA.
  • 2100 - Titan station is founded. It's mission is to aid in deep space exploration missions, and to harvest the moon's natural resources to aid in the full colonization of Mars.
  • 2106 - In an effort to generate a greater atmospheric density, as well as to create a viable construction site for a magnetic pylon, 246 thermonuclear warheads and 3 asteroids containing a majority of frozen ammonia detonate in the Martian North Pole over a period of eight months.
  • 2107 - Seeing positive effects of the previous attempt, the same event is simulated and attempted on the Martian South Pole over a similar time frame.
  • 2117 - A large year for Martian development. The first three magnetic pylons are developed on the Martian equator, as efforts to melt polar ice continues. Meanwhile Europan efforts to provide water are halted temporarily as efforts to continue forming a magnetosphere forge ahead. Mars also receives a seat in the UNOA.
  • 2123 - An industrial accident on Titan results in a hydrocarbon lake immolating and destroying roughly $8 trillion in crafted materials.
  • 2128 - The final three magnetic pylons are finished on the Martian equator, the North Pole Pylon completes three months later, and eight months after, the South Pole Pylon too finishes.
  • 2134 - After eight years of tests and deliberation, the Martian pylons come online. After six months, a notable change in the martian magnetosphere becomes apparent. Efforts to increase the atmospheric density of the planet continue.
  • 2139 - The first lab grown human is born, with no birth defects, and from fully lab coded genetics. There is not a single person alive genetically related to the child. Named "Eve" she is adopted by the program's head geneticist Igor Rostislavovna.
  • 2142 - Almost exactly one hundred years after it's settlement, Mars' atmosphere no longer requires pressure suits to traverse. Plants are shipped en masse from Earth to Mars, in an effort to finally make the red planet green.
  • 2153 - Two more colonial stations are set up on Mars: Shepard, and Gagarin. As of their establishment, Mars receives official passports, and Martian becomes a nationality.
  • 2154 - Following the example of Mars, Lunar, Titanian, and Europan too become nationalities. At this point the population of Luna breaches 13,000, Mars breaches 26,000, Titan Breaches 1,300, and Europa breaches 3,600.
  • 2157 - Mars holds it's first election after the cities of New Alexandria and Armstrong are founded. A flag is selected to represent it as an independent nation.
  • 2161 - In an expected turn of events, extremists bomb the Singaporean Space Elevator. Due to it's structural reinforcements and support redundancies, no real physical damage is inflicted. However 86 people of varying nationalities are killed. The UNOA quickly comes to the realization that they are not equipped for interplanetary warfare, and begin drafting plans to do so, as UNOA Officers apprehend any suspected extremists.
  • 2162 - Mars' atmosphere becomes minimally breathable. Walking on the surface of Mars with neither pressure suit, nor oxygen mask is possible for roughly 18 minutes before early stages of hypoxia begin.
  • 2164 - In an effort to prevent further extremist views from cropping up. The Lunar government outlaws the open practice of religion.
  • 2166 - The Martian Insurrection begins. After one of the planet's magnetic pylons is targeted for destruction, local security forces proved themselves viable combatants by defending the pylon and disarming the explosives set around it's structure. After three similar attacks in the aim of destroying major population sustaining objects, the Martian government declares martial law, and requests UNOA aid. The UNOA notes that no help can be supplied, as they themselves are also vastly unprepared for such an eventuality. In November of that year, The Elysium proving grounds are established. The Martian Security Administration changes to the Martian Armed Forces.
  • 2169 - The UNOA publishes 'Physiological changes in Extra-Terran humanity'. Within outlines the changes in the human physique on Mars, Titan, Europa and Luna. With Europans on average being the tallest, followed by Titanians, Lunarians, and Martians. Martians also seem to be the most able to adapt to low oxygen areas like the Himalayas. While Titanians seem to be the most adaptable to low light conditions. Eurpoans seem to be the most adapted to sub-zero environments, and Lunarians have extraordinarily elastic soft tissues allowing for a vastly greater chance of survival on low or even negative pressure environments.
  • 2172 - Eve Rostislavovna, the first lab born human, gives birth to twins In Gagarin, Mars. Ulysses and Hapfthor.
  • 2176 - The first fully sentient and unrestrained AI, Iris, is created in the Elysium Proving Grounds on Mars. After three months of being online it is given a connection to orbital traffic monitors, all tax records, traffic records, and helmet cams to every soldier of the MAF. He begins effectively ending the Martian Insurrection slowly and methodically.
  • 2178 - The UNS Black Valour finishes it's construction at the Athena Shipyards. It is the first martially based starship created by mankind. Bolstering a number of fusion based engines, ion thrusters and a trio of Heavy Fusion Reactors, it can safely travel to Pluto and back before requiring a resupply. It is the most powerful object ever created by mankind, armed with a number of missile batteries, three belly based mass drivers, and a Heavy Coil gun mounted into the ship's superstructure, a single volley of projectiles could result in a combined energy output of 60 megatons of TNT. In April of it's first year, the Martian government resends it's request for UNOA assistance in attacking a Insurrectionist stronghold. The request is authorized, and the stronghold becomes the recipient to a single orbital strike, reducing it to nothing but a crater. A day later, the leader of the insurrectionist movement requests a parlay in order to negotiate a cease fire. The Martian Insurrection ends.
  • 2183 - Orbital photos of mars show vast changes since it's first settlement. Large patches of green can be discerned, while superhighways and settlements dot and crisscross the now greening surface. Martian air has reached a point in which permanent removal of oxygen masks is possible. Mars becomes a fully sustainable planet should the magnetic pylons remain active. In an effort to change this, the Martian government starts brainstorming plans to restart the core of the planet.
  • 2187 - A catastrophic failure of a fusion reactor on Europa converts three thousand tons of ice into steam, before a prompt electrolysis reduces it into oxygen and hydrogen. The resultant explosion causes the formation of the Bethe Crater, 727 meters deep, and over 2,300 meters in diameter. The shockwave resulted in ice fissures up to 600 kilometers away, and killed over 800 people. It remains the most notable reactor failure of this scale since the Chernobyl or Fukushima incidents.
  • 2191 - The Oort Deep Space Monitoring Station (ODSMS) is built and deployed on the outside of the Oort cloud. Staffed by the AI Sparrow Hawk, the mission is to monitor for any transmissions sourced from extra-solar destinations and forwarding them to the nearest human population.
  • Early 2195 - After both Sparrow Hawk and a UNOA maintenance team lose contact with all human settlements, a recovery team is deployed, before subsequently being lost as well. Fearing the worst, Mars and the UNOA begin the fast track to continuing their orbital ship programs. The Black Valour is dispatched the the Oort cloud, and encounters hostiles. In the form of a rampant Sparrow Hawk and the weaponized civilian ships sent to check on the ODSMS. The Black Valour proves to be more than a match, dispatching the AI and the civilian ships in less than a day over Neptune.
  • Late 2195 - After news of the battle reaches the UNOA, they issue a ruling that all AI within the Sol system be indefinitely disabled or recoded to no longer remain sentient. All planets sans Mars comply. The UNOA maintains their pressure on Mars as the two try to negotiate.
    • March - Two years of negotiations and attempts to get Mars to disable their AI reaches a head, as Mars completes it's first starship: The MSV Void Runner. The UNS Black Valour moves into orbit over Olympus, as they issue an ultimatum to the Martian Gov't, disable all planetary AI within three days, or Olympus will receive an orbital bombardment. Extra-Terran nations all protest to such a use of force, as well as a number of Earth based nations. On the third of March, at 3:47 PM, Captain of the Void Runner Ahmed Berrada and the AI aboard, settle to fire upon the Black Valour. Three minutes later a 600ky Nuclear warhead was fired from the ship's coil gun, impacting the bridge of the Black Valour and disabling all it's sytems in a nuclear detonation. The ship would then fall from orbit and land forty kilometers north of Olympus Mons. The UN-Martian War begins.
    • April - Less than a month after the destruction of the Black Valour, the Void Runner enters Earth's orbit, before deploying 2,000 members of the MAF through SSTO capable drop ships. The UN building in New York is seized, and Mars forces negotiations upon the UNOA. AI's remain heavily regulated, and are only open for use in vital postings, but Mars remains the martial superpower in the system.
  • 2200 - Mars now has several biomes on it's surface. Ranging from boreal forest to red desert. Earth based life slowly begins to be introduced to the planet. Mars' population breaks 30 million. And the cities of Hawking and Curie are built near the equator and north pole respectively.
  • 2201 - The still realtively broken spirited UNOA attends a final parlay between themselves, the Extra-Terran Colonies, and Mars. They sign the Red-Blue Co-Existence treaty. Reforming the UNOA, Extra-Solar Colonies, and Mars into the United Terran Union. Mars remains the heart of Military authority and production, while Earth remains home to the softer side of things. The Extra-Solar Colonies remain small as ever, yet still growing and adapting, supplying both Mars and Earth with supplies to keep them alive.
  • 2202 - The Ark Program begins.
  • 2203 - The UTS Blissful Horizon begins it's construction at the Deimos Shipyards.
  • 2210 - The UTS Blissful Horizon finsihes construction, and is commissioned later that same year.
  • 2211-2215 - Recruitment drives for the Ark Program are started and finished in this time.
  • 2216 - The Blissful Horizon departs Deimos for Catan.
  • 2219 - Present Year
  • Two Characters Max.
  • Mars, Luna, Europa and Titan are Nations.
  • No characters over the age of 55.
  • All characters must have a educational degree of at least Master's Degree.
  • Remove everything in Parenthesis.
Code: Select all
[floatright][img]CharacterImageHere500x500Pixels[/img][/floatright]
[b]Name:[/b] (Obvious)
[b]Age:[/b] (Obvious)
[b]Home Nation:[/b] (Obvious)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Obvious)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (What isn't mentioned or obvious from the character picture, like height and weight, markings on the body etc.)
[b]Personal Belongings:[/b] (What does the character have in their storage locker)
[b]Educational Degree:[/b] (What type of education did they excell in?)
[b]Role in the Colony:[/b] (What do they do on the Ark?)
[b]Background:[/b] (Their life story)
[b][u]DO NOT REMOVE: 2184[/u][/b]
  • A list of Local Fauna will be compiled when the Ark lands.
A list of operational goals for the colony. Will be updated upon completion, failure, or as the situation itself changes.
  • Land on Catan
  • Get the ship up and running again
    • Access the Armory [Hard Locked]
    • Access the Hydroponics Bay [Locked]
    • Access the Manufacturing Deck [Hard Locked]
    • Access aft Cryogenics [Locked]
    • Access fore Cryogenics [Unlocked]
    • Access the Bio Lab [Locked]
    • Access the Medical Deck [Locked]
    • Access The Bridge [Hard Locked]
    • Access the The AI Core [Hard Locked]
    • Access the Chemistry Lab [Unlocked]
    • Access the Reactor Bay [Hard Locked]
    • Access the Engine Bay [Locked]
  • Set Up a Colony
    • Set up sustainable crops
    • Set up sustainable water systems
    • Set up mineral processing and manufacturing plants
    • Set up perimeter defenses
      • 0/12 Sentry Guns Built
    • Set up FTL transponder
    • Set up GPS system
      • 0/35 Satellites launched
  • Sustain a moderate level of security
    • Build a containment wall
    • Set up automated defenses
  • Ascertain the toxicity and hostility of local fauna
    • Develop a list of toxic plants
    • Develop a list of poisonous animals
    • Develop a list of venomous animals
    • Develop a list of digestible animals
    • Develop a list of digestible plants
  • Initiate First Contact with local Sapient life
  • Last 300 days
  • ODaMn - Ark AI
  • Captain Jason Greene - Commanding Officer
  • Commander Allen Whitmore - Executive Officer
  • Ensign William Lovell - Navigator
  • Chief Engineer Anastasiya Rostislavovna - Chief Engineer
  • Chief Medical Officer Bai Guiying - Chief Medical Officer
  • Flag of Europa
  • Flag of Titan
  • Flag of Mars
  • Flag of Luna
  • EVA Suit
  • Security Suit
  • ID Legend:
    • Green Outline of Flag Patch: Biology Team (Botanists, Biologists, etc.)
    • Red Outline of Flag: Medical Team (Doctors, Medics, etc.)
    • Yellow Outline of Flag: Engineering Team (Mechanics, Designers, etc.)
    • Blue Outline of Flag: Security Team (Soldiers, etc.)
    • Brown Outline of Flag: Geology Team (Archaeologists, Mineralogists, etc.)
    • Purple Outline of Flag: Chemistry Team (Chemists, Pharmacists, etc.)
    • Black Outline of Flag: Specialist Team (Linguists, Bridge Crew, Negotiators, etc.)
    • Orange Outline of Flag Outline: Team Commanders (Head Engineer, Chief Medical Officer, Ship's Captain, etc.)
Last edited by Anowa on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun May 28, 2017 7:41 am

Hey Anowa, are there going to be mechanics like us having to micromanage supplies or space? Also what entertainment does the ship have? Simulatipns, books, gametron 9000?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun May 28, 2017 10:58 am

Vacif wrote:Hey Anowa, are there going to be mechanics like us having to micromanage supplies or space? Also what entertainment does the ship have? Simulatipns, books, gametron 9000?

Well.

If there's no botanist you can't grow food, No chemist means no medication being restocked, no security officer means you can't get into the Ark's armory, etc. That's gonna be a mechanic, as for actually going out and getting supplies, that'll be settled via a dice roll to see if you found a lot of a certain thing or if it was a bust of a search.

As for entertainment, the Ark has a quantum archive of movies, TV shows, and other forms of media stored. ODaMn schedules movie nights.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Anowa wrote:
Vacif wrote:Hey Anowa, are there going to be mechanics like us having to micromanage supplies or space? Also what entertainment does the ship have? Simulatipns, books, gametron 9000?

Well.

If there's no botanist you can't grow food, No chemist means no medication being restocked, no security officer means you can't get into the Ark's armory, etc. That's gonna be a mechanic, as for actually going out and getting supplies, that'll be settled via a dice roll to see if you found a lot of a certain thing or if it was a bust of a search.

As for entertainment, the Ark has a quantum archive of movies, TV shows, and other forms of media stored. ODaMn schedules movie nights.

What other tech would the ship have besides what you mention on the OP?
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun May 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Anowa wrote:Well.

What other tech would the ship have besides what you mention on the OP?

The ship has flash smelters, forges, ceramic constructors, semi-conductor plants, and multiple 3D printers. Cryogenics, and artificial embryos remain on the ships suspended habitation deck for future colonization efforts. A rather advanced piece of tech called the Elemental Synthesizer can convert one element of an equal mass into something else, like say Lead into Gold. Though it's much less of a power draw and time sink to simply go out and find the element in most cases.

For medical there's a vat that can grow tissues for both organ/limb/bone replacement and food (not the same tissues) as well as mechanical prosthetic if the situation requires it.

The ship has a single mass driver on the roof that can be used to launch probes up to 900 kilometers, this is so teams know the position of mineral deposits that ODaMn detects with the corresponding mineral scanners.

It also has a vehicle compliment of 40 rovers, three construction diggers, and eight SSTO drop ships.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun May 28, 2017 10:14 pm

The Colony is up.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 pm

WARLORD
A Post-Apocalyptic Exploration RP
[url]IC[/url]
Pub
The Theme Song
[url]Map[/url]
Op: Imperial Idaho
Co-ops:

Introduction:

A mere, 20 or so years ago, all was well. Life had gone the way it had for years, until the Plague began. A new disease, Romanian Plague, began in Europe, marking what seemed to be the unholy return of mortality rates akin to the Black Death. Like wildfire it spread from New York to Beijing, little was spared. In the matter of a month, billions were dead. The Death Toll hit 3,596,491,385 Dead, then stopped. A genetic mutation within the disease became dominant, the one that stopped it's key symptom of total organ shutdown. While Humanity might not be wiped out, millennia worth of progress had been thrown out the window. Europe was a continent of ghosts, Asia nearly wiped itself out in Atomic Warfare, and the third world was crippled almost irrevocably. The United States Government had collapsed shortly after the apocalypse, leaving the state governments that hadn't suffered the same fate on their own. Nothing lasted long.

Rules:
1. Don't be an ass.
2. Op is Tzar.
3. No godmodding/metagaming.
4. I reserve the right to appoint Co-Ops, deny apps, and kick players from the RP if need be.
5. The Op and Co-Ops will resolve IC disputes if need be.
6. No One liners, for Dialogue however you may bypass this rule.
7. Stay active, inactive characters will be red shirted.
8. If your going to be inactive for a while but wish to come back (say your going on vacation or just got really busy) please tell an OP or Co-op so we don't kill off your character.

Setting:

Small time democracies, city states, and up to dictatorships and monarchies arose once the gasoline fire of apocalypse died. Electricity is a luxury, same with running water. Many pre-calamity items still exist, ranging from old iPods, to handguns, even on to vehicles. Ammunition is in supply, as factories in the far east still pump it out. Vehicles that haven't rusted down are still powered by gasoline supplied by Dakota Oil Merchants, or by an increasingly popular bio fuel substitute. The paper money of the old days has turned to dust by now, replaced by the use of soda can tabs for currency. A mere 20 years since the end times. And a fire still burns, the fire of war this time. And in the former United States it burns hot. From Seattle to Atlanta the kings, presidents, and generals that reside within the lands are more often than not, at each others throats.

The characters will begin on a train, one of the last still running in the northwest, heading from Montana into North Idaho through the narrow Silver Valley for their own reasons. Whether it be work, relocation, or just to see the world. Little do they know a sudden surprise is going to change things greatly. None of the Characters can be from Eastern Washington, or North Idaho, with a few exceptions, to add basically a wild card system to what the region looks like. The main point of the RP will be to explore the ways the Apocalypse changed the land and the way the people within it live, and so a system of missions, jobs, quests or whatever else you want to call it to encourage the characters to go out and find things.

Application:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Age/DOB:[/b]
[b]Pic/Description:[/b] (Use a SPOILER if picture is obnoxiously large.)

[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b] (Limited to three main skills)
[b]Weakness:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Likes:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Fears:[/b] (Optional)

[b]Bio:[/b] (Two paragraphs minimum.)

[b]RP Examples:[/b] (Your Bio will be judged as an example if you don't have one)

[size=50]DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564[/size]

Jobs:
This list will be updated as time goes by and opportunities arrive, and while optional, they are recommended to do as one can acquire gear or knowledge of the region.
Failed are marked in Red.

Current:
Union Pacific.

Completed:

JOB: Union Pacific.

DETAILS: Something is wrong with the train, but what?

GOAL: Find out what's going on and if you can help.

REWARD: 25 Tabs, Reputation with Union Pacific.
Last edited by Imperial Idaho on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 am

Hey idaho, only 3 and a half million dead? :P
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon May 29, 2017 7:08 am

I think I'll have to shut down my other idea for now because of overlap with Idaho's... Still a pretty interesting thread.
don't tread on me

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Mon May 29, 2017 8:28 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:Hey idaho, only 3 and a half million dead? :P

Ahhhhh! I meant 3 Billion Dead. Thanks for pointing it out though.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Arsfarszka
Attaché

Founded: Aug 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arsfarszka » Mon May 29, 2017 11:03 am

tagged
My nation is: Class W11: Tier 3, Type III, Regional power - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=244917
It is also: 6/0/5.5 (on the verge.) - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018
Male, straight, American, eats too much but remains skinny, really likes cheese.
I am a conservative republican capitalist.
Arsfarszka does not show my actual political beliefs.
NS Stats are semi-used; factbook overrules them, however.
Economic Left/Right: -0.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse