NATION

PASSWORD

Fire and Ice [Gladiator Match][Open for Betting]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Who Will Win?

Anthony Castle
63%
Morrius Tedgustus
38%
Draw
No votes

Total votes : 8

Athapaska
Attaché

Founded: Apr 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Fire and Ice [Gladiator Match][Open for Betting]

Postby Athapaska » Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 am

Amphitheater Tedviun II, Tedstantinople
Imperial Republic of Holy Tedalonia

Snow showered down from the heavens, blanketing the streets of the Tedalonian capital, Tedstantinople. The setting sun did little to quell the sense of tension and excitement across the city, and spotlights illuminated the crowd of locals who had gather around a small amphitheater in the heart of the city, hopping and praying to snag a seat in order to witness the spectacle that would shortly commence. Inside, the atmosphere was just as tense. Locals lined the seats, with Tedalonia flags flying through the stadium in show of support for their own dog in the fight. To counterbalance this of course, there were some... peculiar faces. Clearly out of towners, bundled from head to toe in winter clothing, yet still held a passion in their eyes, waving Athapaskan flags through the blizzard that engulfed the stadium.

In the center of the Amphitheater, was a wide empty pit, a few workers fighting the snow that ever piled up on the ground, attempting to keep in even. After several minutes of trying, they appeared to give up, packing up their tools and scurrying off to one of tow gates on opposing ends of the pit. As they did, they were replaced by a flamboyantly dressed man, with a unnerving smile, stretching from ear to ear. He held his arms out wide, basking in the cheers from the crowd as he approached the center, carrying a microphone in his hand.

"Welcome welcome welcome!" The man roared, as the crowd began to agitate, chatting and yelling in anticipation, "My name is Cassius Zoilus, and it is my honour to be hosting you on this momentous evening." He said, "In days gone by, Kings of the old Empires would settle their disputes like men... With honour, on the battlefield! The served their nations bravely, and with the courage and commitment required to earn the respect and adoration of the masses! But today it seems that honour has long been forgotten, and the leaders of the new world are nothing but lazy bureaucratic suits, who couldn't kill a fly if their lives depended on it. But today my friends, we take a step back in time. To a day in which leaders were real men! Today's challenger is not stranger to conflict. He served in the Afghanistan war with the Canadian Army, and later formed an army of his own. On the front lines he lead his men to victory, building his nation on his own shoulders. Ladies and gentlemen, the Soldier, the Revolutionary, the healer and killer and father of his nation, Anthony Edgar Castle!" One of the gates rose, revealing the Director of the Athapaskan Federal Republic.

He was a young Métis man, still in his early 30s, with thick black hair and a beard covering his weathered face. He wore a thick winter coat and boats, and a black army cap on his head, emblazoned with a black and red star. He walked forcefully towards the center of the ring, carrying a long wooden staff, with tape wrapped around for grip. His face was cold and emotionless as he strode into the pit, facing jeers and booes from the locals, and the desperate attempt by some of the Athapaskans in the crowd to scream "Solidarity Forever!" over the chaos.

"Impressive resume, Mr. Castle, but will it be enough!?" The announcer said in a mocking tone, "Facing this poor challenger today is a man you all know. This man hails from a long line of military might, culminating in one brave soul who birthed through fire and the deepest pits of hell. He freed us all from the Corruption of the old Empire, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Liberator! The Great Reformer! The Traitor-Lord, and father of the Rebellion himself! Your Own! Morrius Tedgustus!" The crowd erupted as the second gate opened, and an older man walked confidently out, a sly grin across his face as he approached the Athapaskan Director. He was an older man, mid 50s, yet built like a tank, truly an imposing sight to behold. As he approached, he waved his wooden sword through the air, testing it's weight in his hands, and making a few half hearted jabs in Castle's direction.

"By the end of this day, we will see which of these men is the strongest... most worthy of their title!"

OOC: This fight is only between the leaders of Athapaska and Holy Tedalonia, but is open from others to place bets and spectate if they so wish too. Let the games begin!
Last edited by Athapaska on Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE ATHAPASKAN FEDERAL REPUBLIC
Heaven, but with more Weed

White Canadian Male
Pro: Fully-Automated-Luxury-Gay-Space-Communism
Anti: Manual-Dilapitated-Straight-Earth-Capitalism
Embassy Program
Athapaskan News Service: Fire and Ice Gladiator Match underway between Director Anthony Castle and President Morrius Tedgustus, place your bets!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun May 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Morrius Tedgustus

When Morrius had walked into the arena the glaring orange light shined into his eyes. He heard the cheers of his people. To excite the people he raised his wooden greatsword. He checked the weight and did half hearted jabs in Castles direction.

Morrius has always enjoyed showing his ancestry of his people. He wore a fur cape, chainmail, and a Roman helm. This made Morrius prideful of his people's ability to adapt and fight off the cold. He knew the chainmail may appear to be cheating, but the weapons were to cause blunt damage more than tearing skin. If anything the chainmail would slow Morrius down. He did not care for being mobile however. He had taken his fair share of beatings, and have become quite tolerant of physical pain.

He intended to use is left arm as a shield, so he can block blows. He grips onto his wooden greatsword tightly, prepared for the match. Night encompassed the coliseum. Bright lights turn on to let the aundience watch. The air was filled with snow and frost.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Sun May 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Castle sneered, gesturing with his staff at his opponents gear. "Well damn old man... You're making me feel under dressed! You really that scared I'll hurt you?" He twirled the long, heavy pole around in his arm cinematically, "I promise I won't hurt you too badly."

"Two great warriors, but only one can claim victory!" The anouncer, Cassius boomed into the microphone, and the crowds of spectators, "The best of two nations, Athapaska and Holy Tedalonia, alone an on equal ground! Who shall we praise as the Champion, and you shall fall? Now, ladies and gentlemen, we find out!" The crowd roared in anticipation as the men stared each other down. Snow fell from the heavens, while winds blew sharp enough to cut the tension between the two.

"Round one! Begin!" Cassius quickly darted out of the way as Castle began to circle the Tedalonia leader, carrying his staff in his right hand and under his arm, slowly building up to a jog before he lunged into the the air to swing his weapon.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program
Athapaskan News Service: Fire and Ice Gladiator Match underway between Director Anthony Castle and President Morrius Tedgustus, place your bets!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun May 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Morrius smiled when he blocked the staff with his arm. The staff hurt his arm a bit as the chainmail dug into his skin. He swings his greatsword to Castle's side.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Sun May 21, 2017 11:11 pm

The sideswipe caught castle across the rib cage, and he landed with a cough and a grunt, staggering forward. It didn't take long to put himself back together, though, and he was back up right in seconds. He laughed off the strike as he continued to circle the older man, keeping his distance now. His fingers gripped his staff tightly as his boots plowed through the snow, looking for an opening.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 am

Morrius breaks from his defensive position and charges to Castle. He does not attempt to strike Castle, but knock Castle over. He keeps his greatsword ready in case of a counter. He holds the sword behind his body dragging it through the snow. He charges towards Castle.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Mon May 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Castle rocked on the back of his heels as Morrius charged, springing into action as soon as he got close enough. Feinting towards Morrius' sword hand before lunging in the opposite direction. He sidestepped his opponent, moving his hands to the far ends of his staff, enabling him to strike with less force but with greater speed. As he moved to the side, he struck out with his staff at the side of Morrius' head.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue May 23, 2017 6:06 am

The crowd cheers as Morrius gets hit in the head. The impact did damage, but not enough to give him a concussion. He swings his sword and turns in hopes he hits his intended target. The crowd roars louder and the wind blows hard.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Tue May 23, 2017 9:38 am

Castle spun his staff around to block the sword, striking it dead center and sending the Athapaskan staggering, his weapon vibrating painfully. He staggered back, the blow catching him off guard but he recovered quickly enough. Holding the staff by the base he made a jab at his opponent.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue May 23, 2017 9:47 am

Morrius gets jabbed in the stomach. The pain made him lurch. Morrius swings the greatsword towards Castle again. The crowd roars louder with excitement. Several men in there seats jumped up and their food fell from their mouth.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Tue May 23, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Tue May 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Castle attempted to block the swing again, this time with just a with a hint of more grace the before, parrying with a weak swing at Morrius' ankles trying to throw him off balance. Castle saw his best chance of winning as simply out maneuvering his foe, using his speed and agility to his advantage and waiting for the old man to tire under the weight of his armour, hopefully sooner rather than later, as fatigue couldn't ignore Castle forever as well. Despite the cold, beads of sweat dripped down his face.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Morrius felt the wack at his foot and stumbled a bit. He knew removing the staff would be his best bet. He removes one hand from his greatsword and does a weak swing while reaching for the staff. The crowd cheers even louder and wind blows harder bringing with it freezing air.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Tue May 23, 2017 8:34 pm

As Morrius reached for Castle's Staff, the Athapaskan readied himself. Instead of pulling his weapon away, cemented his stance, waiting for him to take hold. Preoccupied, Castle failed to see the sword until it was too late, only managing to turn his shoulder to absorb most of the strike. It hurt, but soon Castle felt the old man take old of the Bo Staff, and exhaling all the pain in one roar he lunged forward, trying to send his shoulder colliding with Morrius chest.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue May 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Castle's charged knocked Morrius back; dropping the staff in the process. The President backs away preparing for another attack. He sweated profousely and breathed heavily. He removes his cape and tosses his helmet on the ground. The crowd cheered at this, because gladiators have always tossed their equipment on the ground to make the match more exciting. Morrius had to end this quick. He is not as young as he use to be and this battle put strain on him. He made ready for battle.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 am

Castle was now disarmed, his weapon lying uselessly several feet away from him. Crouching low, his hands ready to act as he slowly crept through the snow without taking his eyes off Morrius. He grinned slyly as he watched the gladiator remove his helmet, laughing in between heavy breaths, "You wanna put that mask back on old man, I'd rather not have to look at your ugly as mug..." As he circled, slowly moving towards his staff resting in the snow.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 am

Morrius laughs at Castle's words and charges towards him with greatsword at hand. He knew Castle was unarmed and would make the battle easier, however Castle was not a fool and would likely have a trick up his sleeve. Morrius swings the sword at Castle in hopes to end this.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Wed May 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Castle rolled to the side, his clothes rippling due to the wind coming from Morrius' Sword. He quickly pivoted and launched himself at the man, placing all his weight behind his shoulder.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu May 25, 2017 10:54 am

Being rammed by Castle's was a surprise. Their was pain in his back and he grumbled. He hadn't expected it. Morrius stumbles about and regains his balance. Sword ready for Castle and turns to face him. He swings at Castle once again and attempts to send a knee to Castle at the same time. He was tired, worn, and ready to end this.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Thu May 25, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Thu May 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Castle sidestepped the sword, only to walk straight into Morrius' knee. It drove home straight into Castle's gut. The blow winded Castle, and he staggered backwards gasping for breath, as he desperately tried to regain not only his breath but his fighting stance, though it appeared he had been taken off guard.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Morrius swings his greatsword wildly at Castle hoping to end the fight. He was exhausted and tired. The end of the fight drew near.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Fri May 26, 2017 7:05 am

Castle dove out of the way, rolling past the sword. He reached out, trying to grab onto Morrius' arm with his left hand, while he prepared to punch him in the face with his right.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri May 26, 2017 7:08 am

In a attempt to dodge the fist; Morrius shoves himself into Castle hoping that it would free him, but with a loose grip he drops his sword by accident when he shoves Castle.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri May 26, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Fri May 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Castle staggered backwards, wiping sweat from his brow, grinning. "Now this is more like it..." He said, raising his fists and slowly approaching Morrius, now disarmed. In a flash, Castle feinted to the left before jabbing with his right fist.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat May 27, 2017 8:26 pm

The fist hit Morrius' left side. He smiles weakly as he tries to push seven blows. He tries to back up, while ready to strike in hopes to get the greatsword, however he had to be wary of Castle's moves.

Athapaska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Athapaska » Sat May 27, 2017 10:12 pm

Castle raised his hands to protect his face, his exposed arms taking a hell of a beating, and throbbed in pain. Finally he let up, backing up as Castle advanced on him. Laying in the snow not far away was the greatsword, and Castle had no intention of letting Morrius take it. Holding his arms defensively, he tried to herd the older man away from the sword, before he pounced. He tried to grab the man by the collar to keep Morrius in place, so he could deliver blow after blow. But his arms were numb and sore. He only hopped he could get a hold.

White Canadian Male
Embassy Program

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates