NATION

PASSWORD

Convergence (OOC, OPEN|Sci-FI Fandom Crossover|Halo, ME, SW)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Last Magic
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Magic » Tue May 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Athrax wrote:Interesting, I was thinking burgeoning Echani Jedi Shadow

I have a couple character concepts from other rps that could be adapted, my noghri jedi weapons master, having multiple saberstaffs and lightsabers and vibroweaponry, or a mandalorian grey jedi.

If antagonists aren't allowed then phooey, but I have a Sith Padawan from another RP I could use. She needs editing to fit this time frame (she's a Knight of Ren) but other than that it could work. But that also leaves the question of naming... Aika Ren doesn't quite work in this time frame
Some legends are told,
Some turn to dust
Or to gold,
But you will remember me,
Remember me for centuries

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Character Application
Mandatory
Name: Jack Ramirez

Sex: Male

Race & Faction: Human, Andromeda Initiative

Appearance: Normal
Armor, no N7 markings though

Universe of Origin: Mass Effect

Biography: Jack was born to a good family on the Citadel. And was fortunate, or unfortunate depending on perspective to posses significant biotic talent. The good news was that there were several biotic teachers. One of which was an Asari that he immediately took to. After the months and years passes, he got his powers under control, and was presented a great opportunity for the Alliance military. Good biotics were always were always welcome due to their rarity. And so after suffering through basic and such, he was in. Turn out that it mostly training the other handful of biotics who weren't as good as he was. He didn't mind it. It was decently fun and he had a good time teaching them how to play Bioti-ball as a training exercise. Which worked surprisingly well. Then he was sent to go assist in snuffing out some pirates that had gotten especially bold as of late. There were rumors that it involved slave trafficking. Which was one of the very few things that make him genuinely mad. Mostly because it was, more often than not, Batarians doing it to humans. He'd only met a few Batarians in his time, and all but one was was relatively normal. With the one being a straight ass.

To the surprise of literally no one, after a few days of patrolling, his squad pulled over some Batarians and caught them with human slaves. Understandably, Jack was disturbed with the idea of treating any living being as property. So despite the insistence that they take the Batarians in for a proper trial, Jack killed them all on the spot. His biotics were powerful enough to cause serious damage to an armed vehicle, to some fleshy Batarians, they might as well have been made of tissue. Unfortunately, his actions had consequences. The Alliance couldn't have someone who would murder a group of people, even if they were slavers, on the spot with no warning. However, the Alliance didn't want to lose one of it's most powerful biotics and instead gave him a choice. He could settle for a very lengthy prison sentence and a dishonorable discharge, or, he could participate in an experimental procedure and sign up for something called "The Andromeda Initiative." No points for guessing what choice he made.

The testing that he was going under was intended to try and merge an AI and an organic brain using technology based on the Geth. Along with allowing them to stick a large number of experimental augments and amps into his body that would allow them to properly sync an AI into his brain. It took many, many surgeries and tests to make absolutely sure that the AI wouldn't absolutely drive him bananas. And after praying to whatever Gods were listening that he wouldn't wind up a vegetable, he was put under and the AI core was inserted and carefully connected to his brain. When he woke he felt strange, only to be informed that he had died for 5 seconds four times before the AI was able to properly integrate into his brain. Having to hear a voice in his head that wasn't his was definitely going to take some getting used to. The AI seemed to have have imprinted from his personality, which often with Jack seemingly arguing with himself. After a few days to adjust to the AI, the scientists wanted to run some tests to see how his performance was now that the AI had taken over most of his functions. And did it definitely improve his performance. Seventy percent increase in accuracy with firearms, forty percent increase in physical stamina and strength, and reaction time nearly equal to that of an actual computer. The experiment was a success.

Now that the tests were completed, he was told that he would have to not be affiliated with the Alliance for a few years until the Initiative was ready to go. So he did what anyone would do after they became a super solider and had free reign of the galaxy for a few years: He went to Omega. And boy did Jack have the time of his life. Alcohol, alien women, idiot mercenaries making the mistake of trying to extort him, more alien women, and tons of barfights which his AI seemed to enjoy almost as much as he did. And then one day, something very strange happened. A small Geth cruiser parked at Omega, which had the locals absolutely terrified. Him being the kind of man he was, marched straight to them to fight them off, only to realize that they were here solely because they needed fuel, and had no intentions of hurting anyone. Which was a definite shock to him. They were also surprised that he could speak to him and have him understand what they were doing. Jack explained that he had an AI installed in his brain to make him a super soldier for something called the Andromeda initiative, only to realize that he was telling the Geth probably the most top secret information in the galaxy. He was realizing that he definitely wasn't the kind of person that should be trust with high level secrets. To his surprise, the Geth said that they already knew and were planning a voyage soon. Well, he hoped that they wouldn't mention him if they met up.

Jack spent the next few years going through the motions. Screwing with mercs, drinking, seducing women, more messing with mercs and drinking until he got the Email telling him that it was time to return to Earth since the Arks were launching in a few weeks. He returned, and after going through orientation, was put into cryosleep to await his adventures in the new galaxy!

Powers/Abilities: Pathfinder Prototype Set: Jack has an AI in his head that greatly increases his speed, strength, agility, reaction time, and allows for him to achieve superhuman levels of thought speeds along with being able to use virtually any power, though he prefers his biotics.

Biotics: Jack was a considerably powerful biotic even before he got his amps and AI. After training with an Asari in his late teens, he's capable of using virtually every biotic power, including: Charge, Nova, Lance, Pull, Throw, Barrier, Blink, Backlash, and Sphere.

Optional!

Likes: His AI. Fights. Drinking. Aliens. The Geth. Hot food. Biotics.

Dislikes: Whiners. Complainers. People who take themselves too seriously. Slavers. Seriously, fuck slavers.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWnEiVxMWM

Tropes:
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu May 25, 2017 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Will this become the OOC or will a new thread be created?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 23, 2017 8:43 pm

The Last Magic wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I have a couple character concepts from other rps that could be adapted, my noghri jedi weapons master, having multiple saberstaffs and lightsabers and vibroweaponry, or a mandalorian grey jedi.

If antagonists aren't allowed then phooey, but I have a Sith Padawan from another RP I could use. She needs editing to fit this time frame (she's a Knight of Ren) but other than that it could work. But that also leaves the question of naming... Aika Ren doesn't quite work in this time frame

Let me clarify, there are playable antagonists. A Sith Star Wars Character, a Covenant Remnant Halo character, and a Mass Effect Renegade character. There are also unlimited options for anti-heros, troubled protagonists, and villians with a heart of gold. As one of these characters, you would undoubtedly antagonize the other Lawful Good factions (UNSC, Andromeda Initative, Old Republic).

The main antagonists (Flood, Kett, etc.) are only for the GMs, but thats hardly a majority of the factions :)

The Republic of Atria wrote:Character Application
Mandatory
Name: Jack Ramirez

Race & Faction: Human, Andromeda Initiative

Appearance: Normal
Armor, no N7 markings though

Universe of Origin: Mass Effect

Biography: Jack was born to a good family on the Citadel. And was fortunate, or unfortunate depending on perspective to posses significant biotic talent. The good news was that there were several biotic teachers. One of which was an Asari that he immediately took to. After the months and years passes, he got his powers under control, and was presented a great opportunity for the Alliance military. Good biotics were always were always welcome due to their rarity. And so after suffering through basic and such, he was in. Turn out that it mostly training the other handful of biotics who weren't as good as he was. He didn't mind it. It was decently fun and he had a good time teaching them how to play Bioti-ball as a training exercise. Which worked surprisingly well. Then he was sent to go assist in snuffing out some pirates that had gotten especially bold as of late. There were rumors that it involved slave trafficking. Which was one of the very few things that make him genuinely mad. Mostly because it was, more often than not, Batarians doing it to humans. He'd only met a few Batarians in his time, and all but one was was relatively normal. With the one being a straight ass.

To the surprise of literally no one, after a few days of patrolling, his squad pulled over some Batarians and caught them with human slaves. Understandably, Jack was disturbed with the idea of treating any living being as property. So despite the insistence that they take the Batarians in for a proper trial, Jack killed them all on the spot. His biotics were powerful enough to cause serious damage to an armed vehicle, to some fleshy Batarians, they might as well have been made of tissue. Unfortunately, his actions had consequences. The Alliance couldn't have someone who would murder a group of people, even if they were slavers, on the spot with no warning. However, the Alliance didn't want to lose one of it's most powerful biotics and instead gave him a choice. He could settle for a very lengthy prison sentence and a dishonorable discharge, or, he could participate in an experimental procedure and sign up for something called "The Andromeda Initiative." No points for guessing what choice he made.

The testing that he was going under was intended to try and merge an AI and an organic brain using technology based on the Geth. Along with allowing them to stick a large number of experimental augments and amps into his body that would allow them to properly sync an AI into his brain. It took many, many surgeries and tests to make absolutely sure that the AI wouldn't absolutely drive him bananas. And after praying to whatever Gods were listening that he wouldn't wind up a vegetable, he was put under and the AI core was inserted and carefully connected to his brain. When he woke he felt strange, only to be informed that he had died for 5 seconds four times before the AI was able to properly integrate into his brain. Having to hear a voice in his head that wasn't his was definitely going to take some getting used to. The AI seemed to have have imprinted from his personality, which often with Jack seemingly arguing with himself. After a few days to adjust to the AI, the scientists wanted to run some tests to see how his performance was now that the AI had taken over most of his functions. And did it definitely improve his performance. Seventy percent increase in accuracy with firearms, forty percent increase in physical stamina and strength, and reaction time nearly equal to that of an actual computer. The experiment was a success.

Now that the tests were completed, he was told that he would have to not be affiliated with the Alliance for a few years until the Initiative was ready to go. So he did what anyone would do after they became a super solider and had free reign of the galaxy for a few years: He went to Omega. And boy did Jack have the time of his life. Alcohol, alien women, idiot mercenaries making the mistake of trying to extort him, more alien women, and tons of barfights which his AI seemed to enjoy almost as much as he did. And then one day, something very strange happened. A small Geth cruiser parked at Omega, which had the locals absolutely terrified. Him being the kind of man he was, marched straight to them to fight them off, only to realize that they were here solely because they needed fuel, and had no intentions of hurting anyone. Which was a definite shock to him. They were also surprised that he could speak to him and have him understand what they were doing. Jack explained that he had an AI installed in his brain to make him a super soldier for something called the Andromeda initiative, only to realize that he was telling the Geth probably the most top secret information in the galaxy. He was realizing that he definitely wasn't the kind of person that should be trust with high level secrets. To his surprise, the Geth said that they already knew and were planning a voyage soon. Well, he hoped that they wouldn't mention him if they met up.

Jack spent the next few years going through the motions. Screwing with mercs, drinking, seducing women, more messing with mercs and drinking until he got the Email telling him that it was time to return to Earth since the Arks were launching in a few weeks. He returned, and after going through orientation, was put into cryosleep to await his adventures in the new galaxy!

Powers/Abilities: Pathfinder Prototype Set.

Optional!

Likes: His AI. Fights. Drinking. Aliens. The Geth. Hot food. Biotics.

Dislikes: Whiners. Complainers. People who take themselves too seriously. Slavers. Seriously, fuck slavers.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWnEiVxMWM

Tropes:

Looks cool. Accepted, I'll link when I can.

Shadowwell wrote:Will this become the OOC or will a new thread be created?

This will be the OOC
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue May 23, 2017 8:43 pm

This will become the OOC, and effectively has. Tri just hasn't updated the title yet.

NINJA'D

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 23, 2017 8:45 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:

This will become the OOC, and effectively has. Tri just hasn't updated the title yet.

NINJA'D

Nice try m8 ;)

Ain't never been ninja'd. Ain't never will.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm

That needs to be a meme tri.

Would get an app up tonight but i got to be up early tomorrow.
How would those not with factions arrive?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Tue May 23, 2017 8:49 pm

If the Star Wars faction is coming from around thr Clone Wars, can there really be actual Sith in this fleet, what with the rule of two and all? Dark Jedi, sure, but Sith? Unless of course they just call themselves Sith, since, you know, new galaxy

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue May 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Athrax wrote:If the Star Wars faction is coming from around thr Clone Wars, can there really be actual Sith in this fleet, what with the rule of two and all? Dark Jedi, sure, but Sith? Unless of course they just call themselves Sith, since, you know, new galaxy

We're not going strictly by canon. Feel free to fudge it a bit.

Lycanth
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycanth » Tue May 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Tag. Friend of Temp's. Sounds interesting.
Bees?

Tired of things not going your way? Sick of wondering if you're screwing up your life?

#BlameVoid
might just be for you!

'Ever since I learned how to #BlameVoid, my life has been so much easier!', says satisfied customer Charlia. 'I don't have to worry that I'm doing something wrong, because if something's messed up, I can just #BlameVoid. #BlameVoid solved all my problems overnight!'

Using this product may result in overinflated ego, lack of responsibility, and a habit of redirecting blame. Ask your doctor if

#BlameVoid
is right for you.

Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.

It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Lycanth wrote:Tag. Friend of Temp's. Sounds interesting.

Whoa, ly. Been a while.

Lycanth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycanth » Tue May 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Lycanth wrote:Tag. Friend of Temp's. Sounds interesting.

Whoa, ly. Been a while.

Yea man. How ya been?
Bees?

Tired of things not going your way? Sick of wondering if you're screwing up your life?

#BlameVoid
might just be for you!

'Ever since I learned how to #BlameVoid, my life has been so much easier!', says satisfied customer Charlia. 'I don't have to worry that I'm doing something wrong, because if something's messed up, I can just #BlameVoid. #BlameVoid solved all my problems overnight!'

Using this product may result in overinflated ego, lack of responsibility, and a habit of redirecting blame. Ask your doctor if

#BlameVoid
is right for you.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Lycanth wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Whoa, ly. Been a while.

Yea man. How ya been?

Good, been helping people with their rps recently and i had one of my own, Once We Were Villains, a metahuman rp concerning supervillains.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Debating between a Jedi or an ME doctor... Are we allowed to have more than one character?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue May 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Brusia wrote:Debating between a Jedi or an ME doctor... Are we allowed to have more than one character?

Totally

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Brusia wrote:Debating between a Jedi or an ME doctor... Are we allowed to have more than one character?

Totally

Awesome :) Now just to debate which character to get started on first :p

Oh, and before I get started, might I suggest adding a section for the character's age in the app?
Last edited by Brusia on Tue May 23, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Well damn.. just poke me with my major fandoms why don't you. I am not even sure what I want to do.. I just know I want to do it.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Lycanth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycanth » Tue May 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Lycanth wrote:
Yea man. How ya been?

Good, been helping people with their rps recently and i had one of my own, Once We Were Villains, a metahuman rp concerning supervillains.

Nice! I've been busy as hell with college and what not. Country's been dead for almost 2 years XD

Now I'm back and ready to be a Sith. A rogue one anyways.
Bees?

#BlameVoid
might just be for you!

#BlameVoid
is right for you.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Lycanth wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Good, been helping people with their rps recently and i had one of my own, Once We Were Villains, a metahuman rp concerning supervillains.

Nice! I've been busy as hell with college and what not. Country's been dead for almost 2 years XD

Seems like there will be quite a few Starwars characters

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Shadowwell wrote:That needs to be a meme tri.

Would get an app up tonight but i got to be up early tomorrow.
How would those not with factions arrive?

You'd arrive with the faction of your fandom, then skedaddle. There are some lore events that could work to your advantage. If your a Halo character, the confusion of surviving the battle and sudden slipstream event between the UNSC and Covenant Remnant would leave plenty of time for the less scrupulous sorts to say "Fuck it." And head out on their own, with "borrowed" supplies of course.

If your a ME character, there was a revolt against the Andromeda Imitative called the Nexus Uprising that was put down hard. Those who survived, split and headed for planets in the Helios cluster, banding together to form the Renegades, or truly lone wolfing it, like a real alpha.

Star Wars characters might find it a little harder, but I'm sure you could logic your way into leaving the group.

Athrax wrote:If the Star Wars faction is coming from around the Clone Wars, can there really be actual Sith in this fleet, what with the rule of two and all? Dark Jedi, sure, but Sith? Unless of course they just call themselves Sith, since, you know, new galaxy

Atria touched on this, so I looked up some lore on the subject in order to help fudge.

Apparently Dooku and Sideous were running around and making Acolytes out of force sensitive people. Basically, a Sith without the title of apperintence. The Sith Lords would use these people (like Asajj Ventress) like bodyguards, hitmen, or all around Force-wielding goons, never really considering them as proper replacements.

I'd recommend casting your Sith character as one of these Acolytes, who partially charge with overseeing the CIS naval fleet that arrived in Andromeda.

We don't have a Jedi yet. Why not be the first :p
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 pm

TriStates wrote:

We don't have a Jedi yet. Why not be the first :p

Good point, one Jedi coming right up :)

Lycanth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycanth » Tue May 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Lycanth wrote:

Seems like there will be quite a few Starwars characters

It is my favorite out of these options. Though the others are fantastic too.
Bees?

#BlameVoid
might just be for you!

#BlameVoid
is right for you.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Tue May 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Character Application
Mandatory
Name: Nile Antilles

Race & Faction: Human (Cyborg) | Independent

Appearance:

Universe of Origin: Star Wars

Biography: WIP

Powers/Abilities:
Bionic Physiology: Nile is more machine than man, coming fully equipped with the cyborg package. His entire physical condition is better, and through his power supply, he's able to generate insane amounts of energy used in attacks and defenses. Most of his brain is augmented, yet still partially biological, as well as some organs here and there to retain some sense of originality to his prior form.

Cyberneticist: Nile was one of the better cybernetic doctors of his time, able to restore and even improve functions of lost limbs and entire body systems. His expertise was so great, that he is able to routinely preform radical operations on his own cybernetic body while conscious, though, the intensive procedures that require him to go under are preformed by his robotic assistant.

Optional!

Dislikes:

Theme Song:

Tropes:[/url]
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue May 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Tri. Tag.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 pm

One Jedi, as ordered :)

Character Application
Mandatory
Name: Martius Shan

Race & Faction: Human, Galactic Republic

Appearance: Martius

Universe of Origin:Star Wars

Biography: Martius Shan was born on Coruscant, and like most Jedi was taken by the Order at a young age when it was discovered he was force sensitive. He was raised in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, where among many other things he studied the Force and trained in the use of the lightsaber, eventually becoming quite skilled in Forms II and III. He completed his Jedi Trials a few years before the onset of the Clone Wars, and as a Jedi General led a battalion of clone troopers in battles throughout the Galaxy. He proved to be a talented strategist, and unlike most Jedi, tended to focus on the long term benefits and detriments of his actions, rather than their immediate consequences. This led to Martius developing a sort of "Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" mentality, and though it helped him win no small number of battles, it would also eventually come to backfire on him.

Not long ago, Martius was informed that the CIS had occupied the planet of Tinnel IV, and was ordered to drive them off the planet. When he arrived however, he quickly learned that his task would be far more difficult than was originally thought, as the super tactical droid commander employed a strategy similar to that used at Nabat on the planet Ryloth, only considerably more refined. The droid commander on Tinnel IV occupied a major port on the planet, and instead of grouping his proton cannons in a small area with a small amount of civilians near the weapons to deter a direct assault, it had proton cannons placed all throughout the port, using all of its denizens and infrastructure to deter an attack. The super tactical droid was also intelligent enough to bring far more cannons than were used at Ryloth.

After driving the Sepratist flotilla out of the system in a short naval battle, Martius' fleet orbited the planet, and after examining the situation Martius and his advisors decided to try and replicate Obi-Wan's plan, and after night fell on the port city Martius and a group of some 200 clone troopers set out in ten gunships towards the planet's surface in an attempt to land outside the port, sneak in, and disable the guns. Unfortunately, the super tactical droid expected the Jedi to do precisely that, and shortly after entering the planet's atmosphere the gunships were subjected to a massive barrage of AA fire. In a matter of seconds seven of the gunships were destroyed, and with no hope of making it to the surface intact, Martius ordered the remaining gunships to return to the fleet.

Upon returning to his flagship, Martius discussed the situation with his advisors and the situation wasn't pretty. They'd received reports that the flotilla they drove out of the system had linked up with a Separatist fleet, and that fleet seemed to be headed towards the Tinnel System. Martius' subordinates had already contacted the Republic to request reinforcements, but had been informed that the Republic fleet was overstretched as it was, and that they simply didn't have any reinforcements to send. Meanwhile, it appeared that the much of the droid army in the port city was preparing to mobilize and begin its conquest of the rest of the planet. Martius knew that if the droids weren't defeated before their fleet arrived and established a blockade, the droids would likely be able to conquer the entire planet before the Republic could muster enough forces to attempt to drive them from the world, and if they managed to set up more of those proton cannons on the surface by then the Republic would almost certainly sustain extremely heavy losses in any such campaign; losses the Republic simply could not afford at this point in the war. With little time to think, Martius weighed what few options he had and ultimately decided that the lives of the people of an entire planet outweighed those of the people in a single city, and ordered an orbital bombardment of the port.

Within minutes, the proton cannons and the entire droid army was destroyed as the port city was reduced to ash. When the Separatist fleet learned of the bombardment, they decided it was simply not worth the resources to attempt another invasion, and were diverted to other systems. The battle for the Tinnel System was won in a single stroke, but at a heavy cost; over 50,000 civilians were killed in the bombardment, and the ripples through the Force as those countless souls cried out in terror only to be instantly silenced would haunt Martius for the rest of his life. Despite the importance of the victory, and preventing a new major front being opened in the war, when the Senate learned of his actions they immediately called for Martius to be relieved of his command; denouncing him as the "Butcher of Tinnel IV." The Jedi Council was torn on what to do with Martius; some called for his immediate expulsion while others argued that his actions were taken out of strategic necessity.

Eventually they reached a compromise, and when Martius was ordered before the Council, they informed him that he was to be relieved of command of his battalion, and reassigned to a new expeditionary fleet the Senate was preparing to send on an exploratory mission into a neighboring galaxy. Though disappointed he would no longer be contributing to the war effort, Martius understood the Council's decision and agreed to do as they said without protest. Little did he know, he was about to embark on the greatest adventure of his life...

Powers/Abilities: Highly skilled in lightsaber Forms II and III (Makashi and Soresu), and is able to use the usual assortment of light-side and universal Force powers such as Force push, Force barrier, Force jump, Force heal, Comprehend speech, Mind trick, Tutaminis, etc. He also has considerable experience leading soldiers into battle, and has basic training in diplomacy and piloting.

Equipment: Armor and vented lightsaber (both as seen in image), comm device

Optional!

Likes: The Jedi, history, clone troopers, Venator-class cruisers

Dislikes: The CIS, the Sith, politics, incompetence, Munificent-class frigates

Theme Song: https://youtu.be/Y1MrZUmMpZM?t=5m49s

Tropes: The Leader (Levelheaded), Four-Star Badass, A Father to His Men, Good is Not Soft, The Paladin, Master Swordsman, Heroic Lineage, The Atoner, Badass Bookworm, [will probably add more based on his actions in the RP]
Last edited by Brusia on Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse