NATION

PASSWORD

The Pub Two | Now Serving Outdated Movie References

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite RP Genre

Action / Adventure
27%
Thriller
4%
Horror
6%
Science Fiction
28%
Nation
18%
Doki Doki Literature Club
17%

Total votes : 71

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Now now, no cussing in languages other people have to translate, you dont see me cursing at people in rusdian or klingon do you?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue May 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Now now, no cussing in languages other people have to translate, you dont see me cursing at people in rusdian or klingon do you?

how many understands those, though?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
Zanera wrote:
GOTVERDAMMT

scheisse

That's just vulgar.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Now now, no cussing in languages other people have to translate, you dont see me cursing at people in rusdian or klingon do you?

*Raises hand*

Ok the klingon was to cuss at people and freak them out, the russian was courtesy of a friend.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue May 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

*Raises hand*

Ok the klingon was to cuss at people and freak them out, the russian was courtesy of a friend.

Okay.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Looking to pick up some last minute Sci-Fi fans who'd like to check the thread of Convergence, and see if they'd like to try their hand at a cross-over. We are offically OOC-launched. Last chance to get inb4IC, which will be going up tomorrow.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

TriStates wrote:Looking to pick up some last minute Sci-Fi fans who'd like to check the thread of Convergence, and see if they'd like to try their hand at a cross-over. We are offically OOC-launched. Last chance to get inb4IC, which will be going up tomorrow.

I know nothing of Halo, SW, and Mass Effect.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Zanera wrote:
scheisse

That's just vulgar.

scheibe
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
TriStates wrote:Looking to pick up some last minute Sci-Fi fans who'd like to check the thread of Convergence, and see if they'd like to try their hand at a cross-over. We are offically OOC-launched. Last chance to get inb4IC, which will be going up tomorrow.

I could give the abridged of all three. Wouldn't take five minutes of reading.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue May 23, 2017 9:26 pm

TriStates wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Yes. Well, i actually know SW so just Halo and Mass Effect.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 23, 2017 9:55 pm

TriStates wrote:

So Mass Effect Abridged:

The story takes place in 2180s. Mankind and a whole bunch of aliens -- the important ones are Asari, Turians, Salarians -- rule parts of the Milky Way through a Council from a space station called the Citadel; like United Nations, but in space. Theres even a race of Space North Koreans, called Batarians, that they fight and make fun of time to time. Technology is crazy advanced because of the Protheans; an ancient race who disappeared without a trace 50,000 years ago, but left a lot of cool stuff for us to find. Between 2181-2185, its discovered the Protheans didn't disappear, they were murdered. By giant space machine-ships called Reapers. Its also discovered that the Reapers have been doing this for a while, running serial killing sprees across the Milky Way Galaxy every 50,000 years, to make sure that no organic species ever became advanced enough to challenge them. Man and the Aliens don't like that. So they fight'em. We don't know who won yet.

Sidenote: Before they fight the Reapers, they put a bunch of smart scientist and their best soldiers in giant colony ships, where they were frozen and shipped to the Andromeda Galaxy, in case they lost. 645 Years later, everyone wakes up in Andromeda. This is Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Now, Halo Abridged:

In the 26th Century Mankind has achieved many space colonies, all being ruled under the United Nations Space Command. There was peace. Some didn't like this, and rebelled and became Insurrectionists. The UNSC didn't like not having peace, so they went to war with them. Meanwhile, theres an collection of religious aliens led by other aliens called The Prophets, who form the Covenant. They go on pilgrimage collecting artifacts from a long dead race called the Forerunners who they think of as gods. The Covenant stumble across Mankind, fighting amongst themselves. Discover that Mankind is messing with Forerunner relics, studying them, breaking them down, sometimes blowing them up while fighting. They don't like that.

Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years. While fighting, they find a Forerunner ring-world called Halo (dun-dun!). Then find out there are seven more of them, and that they are weapons that can end all life in the universe. So whoever controls the Halos, controls the fate of everything.They also discover the Flood. Nasty, thinking space zombies that want to make everything into more Flood. Eventually both the Covenant and Flood are defeated by Human super-soldiers called Spartans and the UNSC. Peace is restored for a little bit, until Halo 4, when the Forerunners return. Turns out they arn't gods, just really smart aliens with lots of robots. Try to kill Humanity, by turning all their AI's against them. Halo 5 ends there, so don't know if it works. Tune in next time to find out.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue May 23, 2017 9:57 pm

TriStates wrote:

So Mass Effect Abridged:

The story takes place in 2180s. Mankind and a whole bunch of aliens -- the important ones are Asari, Turians, Salarians -- rule parts of the Milky Way through a Council from a space station called the Citadel; like United Nations, but in space. Theres even a race of Space North Koreans, called Batarians, that they fight and make fun of time to time. Technology is crazy advanced because of the Protheans; an ancient race who disappeared without a trace 50,000 years ago, but left a lot of cool stuff for us to find. Between 2181-2185, its discovered the Protheans didn't disappear, they were murdered. By giant space machine-ships called Reapers. Its also discovered that the Reapers have been doing this for a while, running serial killing sprees across the Milky Way Galaxy every 50,000 years, to make sure that no organic species ever became advanced enough to challenge them. Man and the Aliens don't like that. So they fight'em. We don't know who won yet.

Sidenote: Before they fight the Reapers, they put a bunch of smart scientist and their best soldiers in giant colony ships, where they were frozen and shipped to the Andromeda Galaxy, in case they lost. 645 Years later, everyone wakes up in Andromeda. This is Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Now, Halo Abridged:

In the 26th Century Mankind has achieved many space colonies, all being ruled under the United Nations Space Command. There was peace. Some didn't like this, and rebelled and became Insurrectionists. The UNSC didn't like not having peace, so they went to war with them. Meanwhile, theres an collection of religious aliens led by other aliens called The Prophets, who form the Covenant. They go on pilgrimage collecting artifacts from a long dead race called the Forerunners who they think of as gods. The Covenant stumble across Mankind, fighting amongst themselves. Discover that Mankind is messing with Forerunner relics, studying them, breaking them down, sometimes blowing them up while fighting. They don't like that.

Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years. While fighting, they find a Forerunner ring-world called Halo (dun-dun!). Then find out there are seven more of them, and that they are weapons that can end all life in the universe. So whoever controls the Halos, controls the fate of everything.They also discover the Flood. Nasty, thinking space zombies that want to make everything into more Flood. Eventually both the Covenant and Flood are defeated by Human super-soldiers called Spartans and the UNSC. Peace is restored for a little bit, until Halo 4, when the Forerunners return. Turns out they arn't gods, just really smart aliens with lots of robots. Try to kill Humanity, by turning all their AI's against them. Halo 5 ends there, so don't know if it works. Tune in next time to find out.

Thanks, Tri. Also, what happened on page 3 on the OOC? I cannot access it, for parental control problem.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue May 23, 2017 10:02 pm

TriStates wrote:
So Mass Effect Abridged:

Now, Halo Abridged:

Covenant declare this harem, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years. While fighting, they find a Forerunner ring-world called Halo (dun-dun!). Then find out there are seven more of them, and that they are weapons that can end all life in the universe. So whoever controls the Halos, controls the fate of everything.They also discover the Flood. Nasty, thinking space zombies that want to make everything into more Flood. Eventually both the Covenant and Flood are defeated by Human super-soldiers called Spartans and the UNSC. Peace is restored for a little bit, until Halo 4, when the Forerunners return. Turns out they arn't gods, just really smart aliens with lots of robots. Try to kill Humanity, by turning all their AI's against them. Halo 5 ends there, so don't know if it works. Tune in next time to find out.

Thanks, Tri. Also, what happened on page 3 on the OOC? I cannot access it, for parental control problem.

I forgot the words haram and heresy, so I used the ones I remembered, and hoped it worked out.

Neros posted his app, which is why the parental controls went into effect :p But you didin't miss much. Neros posted a wip, and Brusia posted a jedi.
Last edited by TriStates on Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue May 23, 2017 10:08 pm

TriStates wrote:

I forgot the words haram and heresy, so I used the ones I remembered, and hoped it worked out.

Neros posted his app, which is why the parental controls went into effect :p But you didin't miss much. Neros posted a wip, and Brusia posted a jedi.

Multi-cultural indeed, Tri. :p

Ah. I see. I guess it's so...much more that the parental control went into effect.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed May 24, 2017 5:27 am

So notta on the post Arthurian Britain idea?
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed May 24, 2017 5:52 am

SaintB wrote:So notta on the post Arthurian Britain idea?

I think the thing is that there are soo many good rps going on right now, in part anyways.

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am

Shadowwell wrote:

I think the thing is that there are soo many good rps going on right now, in part anyways.

Some could say that.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 pm

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I think the thing is that there are soo many good rps going on right now, in part anyways.

Some could say that.

A canary told me you might be rebooting a certain RP where operators operate operationally. Any comment?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed May 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Anowa wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Some could say that.

A canary told me you might be rebooting a certain RP where operators operate operationally. Any comment?
Shadowwell wrote:I think the thing is that there are soo many good rps going on right now, in part anyways.

Some could say that.

Concurred. Atlas reboot when?
Cheers mates.

Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Wed May 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Anowa wrote:

No comment.
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed May 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Seems like a good idea, but you're dabbling in medieval fantasy, which is pretty much dominated by Eronis or whatever that thing's called.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed May 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Seems like a good idea, but you're dabbling in medieval fantasy, which is pretty much dominated by Eronis or whatever that thing's called.

>'Eronis'
triggered

Es Eroris
and manty manty people make RPs in the same genre all the tim. Eroris is currently not in season, too.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed May 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Anowa wrote:

I'm not a canary.

I'm an eagle.

Anowa wrote:A canary told me you might be rebooting a certain RP where operators operate operationally. Any comment?

No comment.

Comment is when.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Post Marshal

Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Thu May 25, 2017 6:45 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Anowa wrote:A canary told me you might be rebooting a certain RP where operators operate operationally. Any comment?

I'm not a canary.

I'm an eagle.

The United Remnants of America wrote:No comment.

Comment is when.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Please dont hurt me, i have reasons.

Postby Shadowwell » Fri May 26, 2017 7:09 am

RP NAME
OP NAME: Shadowwell
CO-OP NAMES: None, yet
PREMISE: Mellow-Brook Academy was founded in the early 1900s in the Northern Midwest. It was founded in the state of Wyoming, One of the least populous yet most expansive states in the Union. Its relative isolation from all civilization but the nearby town of Beaver Bay serves its purposes well. For decades it has served to educate all kinds of students, from privileged youths whose parents are too soft to send them to boot camp to teens who have had to settle for a less than ideal educational institution. Others still range from delinquents to the children of drifters and wanderers or even the occasional worth runaway.

This is not the true purpose of the academy however. The true, secret purpose is to house and secretly train those of rather unusual talents. They are Metahumans, those with abilities beyond those of normal humans. Unfortunately, humanity shuns what it does not understand, and the vast majority of them are in hiding. The Founder and the Subsequent headmasters of Mellow-Brook have secretly gathered these Metahumans to train and keep them safe. Unfortunately many Metahumans have troubled pasts and more than a few have entered the Academy bearing the title of Delinquent or Troublemaker or some similar judgmental title. For many years Mellow-Brook has peacefully operated, until recently that is.

During an in-town party held by Seniors of Mellow-Brook, tragedy struck. The party itself lasted until the early morning. When the bleary eyed youths awoke with massive hangovers, they were shocked, finding the body of a dead party-goer. It appeared to be and was ruled as an overdose, the strange thing was the Student, Sebastien Morrow had ben famously known for his lake of partaking of such things at parties. In the months since the youths death, federal agents have shown up on occasion and a new school year has started.

GENRE : Academy, Metahuman, may be some others
TYPE : Character
PROVIDE A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE RP: You will be a new or returning student to Mellow-Brook academy, which is still recovering from the death of a student the previous year. The academy holds secrets, the least of which is the fact some students possess what some might call superpowers.
IS THE OUT-OF-CHARACTER THREAD POSTED?: No
IS THE IN-CHARACTER THREAD POSTED?: No
NATURE OF REQUEST: I would like feedback and help with the worldbuilding that remains to be done. I need help finding pictures for the Academy, i can use the ones from Owl creek Academy that still work for the town adn lake.
IDENTIFICATION CODE: 1914 (DO NOT REMOVE)

i know you all do not like Academy rps, that is actually part of why i posted this here. I will have specific rules that will address fade to blacks, they will eb allowed, but not on the first night of the IC. I want someone who will help to enforce that.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri May 26, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse