NATION

PASSWORD

Hand of the Adversary(IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Hand of the Adversary(IC/OPEN)

Postby Charlia » Tue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Hand of the Adversary
Lore & Archive|OOC
The Third World War began in the year 2023. Two years into the war, the United States of America was devastated by a terrible bioweapon, and only a year after that, the war was over. Despite how short it was, however, it had severe consequences. Countries had been brought to their knees, populations decimated. Those who had survived gathered together in large cities, and began doing their best to rebuild.

This is not their story.

In 2085, the first experimental mech, or NUE, was created in Europe, in a place that had once been the country known as France. At the same time, construction work began on an experimental spacecraft, designation Tsukuyomi. Approximately 14 years after this, the dream of creating the first genetically engineered NUE pilot became a reality, and twelve years after that, Tsukuyomi was launched.

Six years later, it was officially declared missing--and it was two years after that that they appeared.

Since they had no name for the creatures, humanity named them the Oorjawashindi. A year after their arrival, all the humans remaining on the American continents had been killed.

Humanity seemed doomed--even with the NUE, they had no knowledge of their enemies' weaknesses, no way to tell how to fight back. Then came the beings calling themselves the Enchis. Declaring themselves the enemies of the Oorjawashindi, they gifted humanity with great power, and taught those who remained of their adversaries.

It was two years later that Project Job was founded. Gathering together NUE pilots and those the Enchis had bestowed their abilities onto, Project Job aimed to defeat the interplanetary menace once and for all. By 2127, the organization had become what most considered to be humanity's last hope.

The year is 2150, and Project Job is filled with brave ones who are willing to fight and lay down their lives for humanity's sake.

This is their story.

"Simulation complete. Please exit the simulation pods."

By now, the even, modulated voice had become quite familiar to those working for Project Job. Almost every day, every single pilot and magical warrior in the program was gathered for these simulations, testing their abilities and training them further. Every time they had to fight, they wanted to be better, stronger.

Almost as familiar was the sound of Madeleine Victoire crowing gleefully as she jumped out of her pod. Tugging the headset off, she tied her hair up in its normal style and grabbed her ID card from the long row. Once again, she'd flaunted her abilities in front of the others, feeling more than a little superior at her level of power. She shot a thumbs-up at the blonde woman overseeing the simulation, to which the woman responded with little more than a curt nod, having long become used to Madeleine's antics.

A little farther away, another of the magical warriors exited her pod, silently taking her headset off and being careful not to damage it, simply taking her own ID card and tucking it into her pocket. She wasn't the only subdued one, of course. In the pod next to hers, a green-haired girl stood, trying to hang on to the feeling of security she'd had in the simulation. It wasn't like being in Kaguya, not really, but it was close, and that was really all she could ask for. Still, she could hardly wait to experience the real thing again.

Heaving a quiet sigh, she climbed out of the pod and performed the normal routine--headset off, headset down, ID, move on. She wanted to see her machine, she wanted to talk to her. She wanted to get away from all the other people, the ones who belonged, the ones who talked and laughed and dreamed. She wanted to be alone with her own thoughts, with only her NUE for company.

She wanted... she wanted...

...What did she want?

"Lysander!" the blonde woman said abruptly, glancing towards the one cyborg member of the group. "You didn't push yourself too hard this time, did you?" Ajax Lysander was one of their most valued pilots due to his unique nature, and of course, having him overwork himself and have to shut down again wouldn't be useful at all. Everyone had to be ready at all times in case of another attack; having a reduced force might end in disaster. No one knew what was going to happen next, after all.

"Simulation shut down correctly," the shorter, dark-haired woman at the controls reported. "No glitches, and the team performed pretty well. We should be okay for the next attack if they keep this up." Winking, she reached over and rapped sharply on a wooden panel she kept next to her workstation for that specific purpose. Even if it was just a superstition, no sense in jinxing yourself, right? The blonde just sighed quietly at her assistant's antics, turning back to Ajax and waiting for his answer.

"Charlotte, are you okay?" The redhead looked up as a small, blue creature landed on her shoulder. "You didn't hurt yourself again, did you? Oh, you did... You should stop, you know? Here, let me see." Obediently, Charlotte lifted her hands, displaying her wounded palms. The small creature placed one of its own hands over hers, and in a burst of blue energy, the wounds vanished.

"Thanks, Myouren," Charlotte said quietly, and Myouren nodded.

"We have to keep you all in good working order, right? Otherwise you'll have no hope of winning."

"Hey, Chai!" Madeleine had moved on from fetching her ID, and was now draping herself over the boy's shoulders. "Nice job in there. You're pretty good, I don't think I've told you that before. How's it feel being a pilot, anyway? I've always sort of wondered..."

"Mayumi!" Another of the Enchis had flown over to the white-haired girl, landing on her head as this one seemed to enjoy doing. "How'd you do? Are your powers still serving you well? I should hope so," it continued, idly playing with her hair. This one, Rengeteki, was one of the more childish ones, but it seemed to do its job well enough anyway. It also seemed to have quite the attachment to Mayumi.

The others were left alone for the time being, but then again, with so many people around, it wouldn't be difficult for them to find something to do...

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Rowan Graftson

Rowan emerged from his pod pissed.

Not only had he gotten tagged by the Jotun one too many times in the game, he missed the thrill of battle. He missed the feeling of punching a hole in an Oorjie's brain and watching it's energy drain out. He missed his mech, Blue Bullet. And above all, he was bored. It wasn't like he had nothing to do, it was just that the things he COULD do never quite alleviated the symptoms of what he felt. Not even his little "mock-mission" exercises.

"Hey, Madeleine. Maybe Chai will like you if you get off him and stop showing off," he said matter-of-factly to the girl who was practically laying on one of his foster siblings. This is what having siblings must be like, he thought with an eye-roll. The magic warriors annoyed him. Their powers confused him, and they didn't have the right attitude about the whole, grim business. Grabbing his ID roughly, he strode off to the barracks.

It would be okay, though. They were Project Job- humanity's last stand.

It had to be okay.
Last edited by Cruxa on Tue May 23, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue May 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Emerging from a simulation always had this sense of surreality for Chai. Nowadays, the animation and graphical fidelity of video games, which is what the simulations actually were, made it feel as if reality was in the machine and the dream, the game, was in the barracks, sitting in the mess, and out in Phi Tai Hong. It certainly didn't help that the Oorjawashindi had such a cartoonish look to them as well. The black oil slick that made up the outside of their bodies combined with the fizzing blue lightning that weaved its way lazily and erratically through them combined to make them very, well, unearthly figures.

Finally realizing that the simulation was over and that he had been sitting there staring at a blank screen for about fifteen seconds, Chai slowly set down the headset and ran a hand through his pulled back hair. Eventually, his fingers hit the band that was holding it in a ponytail and they automatically plucked it out gently. Giving his head a shake to throw his hair back into the comfortable mess he usually wore, the Thai then slowly made his way out of the simulation pod and out onto the walkway. As always, sitting in that strange position in the pod for so long made his muscle cramp, so he gave his entire body a well-deserved and refreshing stretching. "Ahhhh!" the moan escaped his mouth involuntarily, but he didn't care so much. Suddenly, a memory of a time when such a loss of control would make him angry enough to scream passed before his eyes, but he quashed it before he got absorbed into it. "Guess it's time to head on out for lunch... or breakfast. Or is it dinner?" Chai muttered, trying to find a clock but failing. "They keep us in these things for so long that I lose track. Don't think I've had the correct idea of what meal it was since... last mission. And that was only because I saw the sun..."

Making his way over to the table where they kept their IDs, Chai smiled quietly at the two women controlling the simulation before attaching his card to the chest of his uniform. While some of the others pilots and EMs (Enchi Magicians, as Chai called them) didn't like to wear the card like they were supposed to, he didn't have a problem with the regulations. "Uhm, miss? Do you mind telling me the time? I seem to have lost track." Chai asked the dark-haired woman, his constant smile widening a bit as he focused his mismatched eyes on her. Suddenly, though, he was brought out of his polite, smiling reverie.

Charlia wrote:"Hey, Chai!" Madeleine had moved on from fetching her ID, and was now draping herself over the boy's shoulders. "Nice job in there. You're pretty good, I don't think I've told you that before. How's it feel being a pilot, anyway? I've always sort of wondered..."

Blinking and barely stopping his innate reaction from the sudden contact, Chai reached up his hand to Madeleine's arm as if he was about to throw her over his shoulders and put her into a hold. Instead of following through with the move, though, the shorter pilot merely patted her arm. "Checkmate!" he said, quickly separating himself from her and giving the beautiful EM a bright smile. "You gotta be more prepared if you want to sneak up on somebody for real, Maddy." Tapping a finger against his nose for a moment, Chai was about to answer her question when...
Cruxa wrote:Rowan Graftson

"Hey, Madeleine. Maybe Chai will like you if you get off him and stop showing off," he said matter-of-factly to the girl who was practically laying on one of his foster siblings. This is what having siblings must be like, he thought with an eye-roll. The magic warriors annoyed him. Their powers confused him, and they didn't have the right attitude about the whole, grim business. Grabbing his ID roughly, he strode off to the barracks.

"Don't mind Rowan." Chai explained, glancing at his fellow pilot with a concerned look before focusing his attention back on Madeleine. "You did a great job as well, Maddy. As always, of course. Though, I would say you're a bit too showy for my tastes. I had to kill at least fifteen Oorj that were coming at your back because of all your flashy moves." he jokingly complained. "Now, if you wanna know what's it like to be a pilot, I can see if I can pull a few strings with the mechanics I know and get you a simulation pod. Maybe even teach you a few things?"

Chuckling, the pilot then waved to his two friends, James D'Villiers and Kace Faust. Kace and Chai had been fast friends since before they had gotten mechs, since they had similar pasts and such. The two of them made for a strange pair, the tall blonde Austrian and the shorter dark-haired Thai. James, on the other hand, was a newer addition. Chai and James were partners out in the field, Chai protecting the others back since his mech was always laden down with new tech that could malfunction at any minute.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:"Don't mind Rowan." Chai explained, glancing at his fellow pilot with a concerned look before focusing his attention back on Madeleine. "You did a great job as well, Maddy. As always, of course. Though, I would say you're a bit too showy for my tastes. I had to kill at least fifteen Oorj that were coming at your back because of all your flashy moves." he jokingly complained. "Now, if you wanna know what's it like to be a pilot, I can see if I can pull a few strings with the mechanics I know and get you a simulation pod. Maybe even teach you a few things?"
"It's 11:45," the dark-haired woman replied quickly, nodding. Meanwhile, Madeleine just grinned.

"Who says I was trying to sneak up on you? As for Graftson, well, if I cared about what he had to say I'd probably have given him a piece of my mind ages ago. Thanks for the compliment, by the way, although I guess you're right, I've got to be a bit more careful. Then again, as long as I've got people like you at my back, I guess I'm okay, right?" Her smile grew wider. "As for that offer... well, that's tempting. I might just have to take you up on it some time..."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue May 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Here it was again. Another day, another simulation, another pointless lesson that the blonde-haired boy could care less for. It was always the same tactics, after all; the same plan...did they think they were stupid? Of course they knew what to do, when to do it, and where to do it. What was new? A few more enemies? A new terrain? It all looked the same to Kace. He wished more than anything that he could just skip out on all of the simulations, but he knew they were mandatory. With a sigh, he unraveled himself from the pod's set and stood, for a moment not bothering to fix his light strands, those of which had been pulled back into a small ponytail. Finally realizing this factor, he pulled the band from his hair and let it fall to its natural position over his right eye. His hair was thin enough to where it still looked silky and straight even after being tied up for hours on end. He didn't even have to touch it.

Becoming bored of just standing there, the Austrian boy began to look around for what it was that he could do. First order of business seemed to be retrieving IDs. He grabbed his and, instead of hooking it on his shirt or holding it as others had, He latched his onto one of the loops of his pants, where it wasn't exactly noticeable at first glance. He didn't care much for people knowing exactly who he was when they first met him. His next order of business was to either return to his bunker or find someone to talk to; while the first option seemed more enticing, his eyes quickly caught sight of Chai waving in his direction as their eyes met. Seeing nothing better to do, Kace approached, only to find Chai chatting it up with one of the magical girls, Madeleine. "Do you really have to flirt with every girl you cross paths with?" He asked in somewhat of an annoyed tone. "It's going to bite you in the ass one day. Flirting with that many girls so often can't have good outcomes."

After the simulation was over, Elliot quickly disconnected himself from the pod, feeling a rush of good energy after the session. He'd done so well this time; he'd gotten a new high score of how many enemies he could hit! It was so awesome! Practically bursting with happiness, he bounced his way to the ID area where he picked up his own and clipped it to his shirt, a warm smile on his face. From there, he simply looked over the group of people in the area, wondering who exactly he could start making friends with first.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue May 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Ajax Lysander

With that sentence another simulation was complete, and training was complete. Ajax Lysander took a moment in the pod as he assessed his own performance. After a few moments, and determining that his actions and performance in the simulation was up to standard. So he stepped out after removing the headphones, and was instantly assaulted by a yelling blonde.

He turned and looked toward her, "Negative." He said and grabbed his ID card, "I was only operating at 75 percent efficiency to avoid possible over working. Though I could have operated at higher percentages, if not for all your worrying. Is there anything else you require or am I free to go?"

Mayumi Chayse

Mayumi sighed as she stepped out of the pod and grabbed her ID card. Why did they have to train and work in such a large group? All she needed was one or two people to work as melee fighters while she provided the fire power. Also, if it was only one or two, then maybe she wouldn't cause them to much trouble. Too many people leads to much more trouble. Her inner ramblings were interrupted by the rather annoying Enchis that went by the name of Rengeteki.

"Stop. Playing. With. My. Hair." Mayumi said and made a swip at the annoying alien. "I did alright. I probably should try to avoid collateral damage. I still don't see the need to practice with all these people."
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Tue May 23, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue May 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Evaelyn

Why me?

It was a question that was never answered, no matter how many times she asked it, as she dejectedly slid out from her pod, another successful practice mission out of the way, now. As she began to leave, her hand trailed along the row of cards until it came up on her own, picking it up gently and wearing it properly. There was no reason for her to not do so as she walked out, altogether bothered by the lack of action, having not felt Abner's cold axe in its, her, hands for quite some time now.

Of all people, why in the Hell did it have to be me? Chosen for this god-forsaken project to be cast aside when I can no longer fight. She wasn't really in a social mood, but that wasn't altogether unusual as she walked, letting her hair down, the dark strands tumbling down the girl's shoulders before she looked around the room. I suppose we're all in pretty much the same boat, though.

She dismissed the conversation that the Graftson boy had with Chai and Madeline, and everyone, really, leaning against the wall and closing her eyes for a moment. Even if these simulations were obnoxiously common, even she had to admit that they were mentally tiring, but she'd take that over the pain of feeling her machine taking damage that she could feel for herself.

Once Evaelyn opened her eyes again, they fell on a particularly overexcited young man, Elliot, was it? "Just what, exactly, are you so ecstatic about?" The pilot's head tilted only slightly, trying to deduce just what he could've been so happy for. Could they be cooking his favorite dinner tonight, or something of the like?
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue May 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Charlia wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:"Don't mind Rowan." Chai explained, glancing at his fellow pilot with a concerned look before focusing his attention back on Madeleine. "You did a great job as well, Maddy. As always, of course. Though, I would say you're a bit too showy for my tastes. I had to kill at least fifteen Oorj that were coming at your back because of all your flashy moves." he jokingly complained. "Now, if you wanna know what's it like to be a pilot, I can see if I can pull a few strings with the mechanics I know and get you a simulation pod. Maybe even teach you a few things?"
"It's 11:45," the dark-haired woman replied quickly, nodding. Meanwhile, Madeleine just grinned.

"Who says I was trying to sneak up on you? As for Graftson, well, if I cared about what he had to say I'd probably have given him a piece of my mind ages ago. Thanks for the compliment, by the way, although I guess you're right, I've got to be a bit more careful. Then again, as long as I've got people like you at my back, I guess I'm okay, right?" Her smile grew wider. "As for that offer... well, that's tempting. I might just have to take you up on it some time..."

Giving a quick bow in thanks to the dark-haired administrator, Chai then returned to his original conversation. "Well, that's a little rude to Rowan, but I can understand. He's a good chap, handy with a mech, even if he's a bit difficult to get on with sometimes. Saved my backside once or twice." Chai explained, and then cocked his hip a bit. "I dunno, maybe you weren't sneaking. I can't tell, since you act the same when you're sneaking as when you're blowing up buildings on missions." He quickly stuck his tongue out at her in a playful manner. "If you really want to, I'll see what I can do. Always like to show you EMs what it's like inside a cockpit. See how the other side lives, you know! But no promises. The guys I know might not have the pull to do stuff like that."

Castle Crashers wrote:Seeing nothing better to do, Kace approached, only to find Chai chatting it up with one of the magical girls, Madeleine. "Do you really have to flirt with every girl you cross paths with?" He asked in somewhat of an annoyed tone. "It's going to bite you in the ass one day. Flirting with that many girls so often can't have good outcomes."

"Kace!" Chai exclaimed, smiling and trying to throw an arm around the taller pilot's shoulders, failing terribly. "I'm not flirting! I'm just offering Maddy a chance to see what it's like to be me! You know, incredibly good in a mech, stealthy, wonderfully handsome!" The Thai then rubbed his fist playfully into the Austrian's side. "Besides, you know no girl could make me stop loving you!" he said, adopting a strange demeanor and making kissy faces at Kace. It was his usual joke, since many people had confused them as a couple due to how much time they spend together. And because it annoyed Kace to no end.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue May 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Ajax Lysander

With that sentence another simulation was complete, and training was complete. Ajax Lysander took a moment in the pod as he assessed his own performance. After a few moments, and determining that his actions and performance in the simulation was up to standard. So he stepped out after removing the headphones, and was instantly assaulted by a yelling blonde.

He turned and looked toward her, "Negative." He said and grabbed his ID card, "I was only operating at 75 percent efficiency to avoid possible over working. Though I could have operated at higher percentages, if not for all your worrying. Is there anything else you require or am I free to go?"
"...You know it's the Major who's uptight about you risking yourself, not me, right? No, you're free to do whatever you want," the blonde replied, "...although it would be nice if you would actually try talking to your teammates. You might actually like some of them," she added sarcastically. "In all seriousness, though, and not saying exactly what the Major told me to say to you, you can't perform as a cohesive unit if you're all complete strangers... and it's not as if you're the only one with that problem. Which is why she insisted that you and the others all eat lunch together today, and socialize while you're at it..."

She wouldn't have been nearly so annoyed if her friend and colleague hadn't also decided that she should be the one to supervise and make sure they were actually talking to each other.

Sometimes I really hate you...
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Mayumi Chayse

Mayumi sighed as she stepped out of the pod and grabbed her ID card. Why did they have to train and work in such a large group? All she needed was one or two people to work as melee fighters while she provided the fire power. Also, if it was only one or two, then maybe she wouldn't cause them to much trouble. Too many people leads to much more trouble. Her inner ramblings were interrupted by the rather annoying Enchis that went by the name of Rengeteki.

"Stop. Playing. With. My. Hair." Mayumi said and made a swip at the annoying alien. "I did alright. I probably should try to avoid collateral damage. I still don't see the need to practice with all these people."
Rengeteki started laughing, a low, pleasant sound, and jumped into the air, hovering over Mayumi and smiling. "You have to make friends! Besides, I have it on good authority that the situations some of the other magical warriors were found in were about as unpleasant as yours, so you might even understand each other, right? I won't tell you which ones, though. That would be rude. But you should try talking to a few of them! I promise I'll be right here if anything bad happens, so everything will be fine! Besides, if you don't talk to them now, they're going to make you talk to them at lunch," it whispered. "The doctor told me that you've all been playing lone wolves long enough, so they're going to make you make friends whether you like it or not! You humans are so strange," it added, almost fondly. "It would be much easier if you were all connected like we are! Then you'd all get along."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Ajax Lysander

"Oh great... Let me guess, its going to be forced..." Ajax said and sighed, "It's not like I want to get to know them. It's just... I'm bad at it. And it's not absolutely necessary."

He paused and looked to the group of people not far from him and then sighed, "When is lunch then?"

Mayumi Chayse

"I don't need friends." Mayumi said, I will only end up causing trouble for them anyway... besides, I already have a friend.

"And does the doctor really think that they can make us all become friends just like that." She shook her head, "They really are a fool then aren't they. Make the situation awkward... Like that will work."

With that Mayumi began walking to the exit of the training room.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue May 23, 2017 8:50 pm

"Oh great... Let me guess, its going to be forced..." Ajax said and sighed, "It's not like I want to get to know them. It's just... I'm bad at it. And it's not absolutely necessary."

He paused and looked to the group of people not far from him and then sighed, "When is lunch then?"
"In about fifteen minutes," the woman said with a slight shrug. "As for being bad at it... trust me, you're hardly the only one in this group who isn't exactly good with people. I dare say there are a good amount who will be downright horrified when they hear about this..."

"I don't need friends." Mayumi said, I will only end up causing trouble for them anyway... besides, I already have a friend.

"And does the doctor really think that they can make us all become friends just like that." She shook her head, "They really are a fool then aren't they. Make the situation awkward... Like that will work."

With that Mayumi began walking to the exit of the training room.
"Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the Major's decision. That's the risk you have to take when one of the highest-ranking people in Project Job is also one of the most concerned..." Rengeteki shrugged, following after Mayumi. "Where're you going now?"
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Charlia wrote:"It's 11:45," the dark-haired woman replied quickly, nodding. Meanwhile, Madeleine just grinned.

Giving a quick bow in thanks to the dark-haired administrator, Chai then returned to his original conversation. "Well, that's a little rude to Rowan, but I can understand. He's a good chap, handy with a mech, even if he's a bit difficult to get on with sometimes. Saved my backside once or twice." Chai explained, and then cocked his hip a bit. "I dunno, maybe you weren't sneaking. I can't tell, since you act the same when you're sneaking as when you're blowing up buildings on missions." He quickly stuck his tongue out at her in a playful manner. "If you really want to, I'll see what I can do. Always like to show you EMs what it's like inside a cockpit. See how the other side lives, you know! But no promises. The guys I know might not have the pull to do stuff like that."

Castle Crashers wrote:Seeing nothing better to do, Kace approached, only to find Chai chatting it up with one of the magical girls, Madeleine. "Do you really have to flirt with every girl you cross paths with?" He asked in somewhat of an annoyed tone. "It's going to bite you in the ass one day. Flirting with that many girls so often can't have good outcomes."

"Kace!" Chai exclaimed, smiling and trying to throw an arm around the taller pilot's shoulders, failing terribly. "I'm not flirting! I'm just offering Maddy a chance to see what it's like to be me! You know, incredibly good in a mech, stealthy, wonderfully handsome!" The Thai then rubbed his fist playfully into the Austrian's side. "Besides, you know no girl could make me stop loving you!" he said, adopting a strange demeanor and making kissy faces at Kace. It was his usual joke, since many people had confused them as a couple due to how much time they spend together. And because it annoyed Kace to no end.
At this, Madeleine put on a face of mock offense. "Well, now," she scoffed. "If I'm not good enough for Your Royal Highness, I suppose I'll just have to..."

She paused, clearly for dramatic effect.

"...do absolutely nothing about it," she finally finished, smirking. "I think you're going to drive Kace out of his mind, though."

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue May 23, 2017 11:46 pm

James D'villers
Sim-centre
Project Job

James felt his body spasm slightly as the screens around him flickered from vibrant colour to simple blackness, his mind recoiling from the almost-connection he'd been experiencing with the pod. It was like Aurora - too much like Aurora for him to be entirely comfortable with it. Especially given the damage his simulated mech had taken in the last bout. Sucking in a deep breath, he tried to clear his mind and move past that. He'd done his job to the fullest extent of his abilities: they couldn't ask him to do anything more than that. Especially when even the simulated equipment they were giving him had the reliability of an Enchi playing tennis.

James sighed to himself, collapsing back into the chair.

In dark, silent isolation he lay in the pod, mulling over the last few hours' of practice bouts, wondering what he was forgetting. Frowning slightly, his hand traced up his neck, finding the cool, smooth wire there and following it up to the headset over his ears. Gently tugging it off, his hand moved by pure instinct to the ID card on the dash, sliding it into his pocket as the back of the pod split open and he emerged, blinking under the newly-glaring light, into the room. Squinting and glancing around, he made out the outline of Control and shot her a small, almost apologetic, smile before he heard Madeleine's exuberance and turned to head off in that direction.

As his vision cleared he managed to find Chai, on the other end of Madeleine's arm, and making smoochy-smooch faces at Kace. Again. With a sigh of mock long-sufferance, he picked up his pace to link up with the group, inserting himself on the far side of Kace so as to shield himself from Chai's attentions. And Madeleine's wrath, should he happen to incur it. He'd had one too many run-ins with unusual and ill-explained explosions to feel safe around her without a human shield for security. Not that he would ever say so to her face, of course. He enjoyed not being on fire far too much.

"The voice of reason has arrived." He announced, grin widening, "And also wonders when you three are going to go public and just share a room."
Last edited by Spindle on Tue May 23, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Wed May 24, 2017 6:11 am

Rowan Graftson

Rowan got off his bunk. He couldn't sit here forever, and he did want to talk with Chai. So, after five minutes of brooding, he emerged into the training area once more, and strode up to Chai and his friends. "Hey, Chai. Hey, James. Hey, Kace. How are y--" Here he was, trying to start a conversation, but Chai was too busy making smoochy faces at Kace, who was recoiling, and clinging to Maddy's arm. Jason, who seemed to have just arrived, looked reasonably disappointed in his best friend.

"What on earth is going on here?" said Rowan, trying not to sound disappointed. He didn't want to be a buzzkil, it just turned out that way all the time. Come to think of it, it was kind of annoying. "Get a room, you three. It's not like it would be hard..."
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed May 24, 2017 7:18 am

Ajax Lysander

"Okay." Ajax said and took another look around. I still need to make a report up for Dr. Muir... after every mission and training session he wants that report... But I could also try to socialize with others...

He sighed, "I'll get going then. I have a report to write up and I rather do that then socialize..."

And with that he started to walk away.

Mayumi Chayse

"For a walk." Mayumi said, "Don't worry. If I have to go do that thing then I will be there. Despite how stupid it is, and how much I am against it. I only bring trouble to others after all."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 24, 2017 7:28 am

"Okay." Ajax said and took another look around. I still need to make a report up for Dr. Muir... after every mission and training session he wants that report... But I could also try to socialize with others...

He sighed, "I'll get going then. I have a report to write up and I rather do that then socialize..."

And with that he started to walk away.
"...All right, then." The blonde nodded, turning back to her own work.

"For a walk." Mayumi said, "Don't worry. If I have to go do that thing then I will be there. Despite how stupid it is, and how much I am against it. I only bring trouble to others after all."
Rengeteki settled down on her head again, dropping its face down in front of hers and smiling. "You haven't brought any trouble to me. Plus, you have nice hair. I don't know what's wrong with you humans, you're always so self-destructive. It's so illogical! ...Also, your names are all so weird."
She felt sick.

She always did after simulations, missions, every time she entered her magical form and remembered exactly what she was. A hero, ha. Myouren had said she'd be one, but she wasn't. She couldn't be. She couldn't change.

Why couldn't she have been born as a pilot? Short lifespans or not, at least they didn't have to suffer just to get power. None of them would understand how much it hurt. None of them would understand at all. Why couldn't she have that? Why couldn't she have that wonderful ignorance?

Besides... she'd have welcomed a shorter life. If it weren't for her responsibilities...

I hate this.

Even so, she did notice one of the pilots leaving. Male. Of course. But maybe she could try to talk to him anyway, without getting caught up in one of the group conversations that seemed to be happening around her. Maybe there was something she was missing about being a pilot, something that would make her more content with her own role. Maybe.

She had to at least try, right?

"Um--hey, wait a second, please," she called out, hurrying to walk next to him. "Um... hi... Can I talk to you for a bit? Or, um, are you busy? If you want me to leave you alone, I can..."
Last edited by Charlia on Wed May 24, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 am

Ajax Lysander

Ajax turned around and looked at Charlotte when she called out. Someone wants to speak with me. Just relax, its just conversation. Do I really have time to talk? I guess... he thought to himself.

"Sure... I can talk." He said, "So what do you want to talk about?"

Mayumi Chayse

"Yet." Mayumi stated, "I haven't brought you trouble yet. And I wouldn't call it self destructive, just looking out for others. And our names are not weird, they are normal since this is our world after all. As such your names are the weird ones. If roles were reversed though... Yeah are names would be weird. But they aren't."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 24, 2017 8:11 am

"Yet." Mayumi stated, "I haven't brought you trouble yet. And I wouldn't call it self destructive, just looking out for others. And our names are not weird, they are normal since this is our world after all. As such your names are the weird ones. If roles were reversed though... Yeah are names would be weird. But they aren't."
"You're so pessimistic," Rengeteki observed. "I don't understand you at all. Besides, trouble just naturally happens, right? Luck is just a construct you humans came up with to explain why bad things happen. But it's not as if they need a reason. They just... happen. They happen to everyone! Besides, in a way, what you call 'trouble' is actually good for the rest of humanity, since it gained you as a warrior to defend them. See? It's not all bad!"

Ajax turned around and looked at Charlotte when she called out. Someone wants to speak with me. Just relax, its just conversation. Do I really have time to talk? I guess... he thought to himself.

"Sure... I can talk." He said, "So what do you want to talk about?"
"Um... I, I was just wondering, what's it like? Being a pilot, I mean. Is it hard?" she asked nervously, clasping her hands behind her back to keep them from shaking. "I just... sometimes I wonder, you know, what it's like for all of you, so I thought I'd ask... everyone else seems to be busy talking to other people, and I didn't want to bother them, so I thought I should ask you... I'm not bothering you, am I? I can go if you want. It's... it's not that important, I was just curious anyway, so..."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 am

Ajax Lysander

"Well... Things are slightly different for me then other pilots." He said and raised his left arm, "The first and only experimental cybernetically enhanced and genetically modified pilot. But to answer your question. Yes, it is hard. You have to wire in to your mech, as such any damage taken by it is felt by the pilot. Lose an arm, you'll feel like your own arm was removed. Though, due to a pain inhibitor implant, I feel less pain then other pilots. Though, I still have to be careful about pushing myself."

Mayumi Chayse

"Say what you may, but I am very unlucky." Mayumi said, "Luck may just be a construct to you, but to a lot of people, including me, it is very real, and it is something. Also, it is still bad. As much as I can help now, I can't change what happened in my past."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 am

"Say what you may, but I am very unlucky." Mayumi said, "Luck may just be a construct to you, but to a lot of people, including me, it is very real, and it is something. Also, it is still bad. As much as I can help now, I can't change what happened in my past."
"No one can," Rengeteki replied with a shrug. "Not even me. I've had my share of trouble too, you know, but hey, here I am! I'd love to say I'm over it, but I'm really not. All I can do is try to make things better."

"Well... Things are slightly different for me then other pilots." He said and raised his left arm, "The first and only experimental cybernetically enhanced and genetically modified pilot. But to answer your question. Yes, it is hard. You have to wire in to your mech, as such any damage taken by it is felt by the pilot. Lose an arm, you'll feel like your own arm was removed. Though, due to a pain inhibitor implant, I feel less pain then other pilots. Though, I still have to be careful about pushing myself."
"...I... I see," Charlotte replied quietly. "I guess it must hurt a lot, then. So I suppose the shorter lifespan would... almost be a relief, wouldn't it? Because the pain wouldn't last so long... or is it different for you guys? I mean... I don't really understand how any of that feels, so I wouldn't know for sure, all I can do is guess..."

I'm still jealous... I wouldn't mind feeling like I'd lost an arm... It wouldn't be so bad.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed May 24, 2017 10:39 am

Ajax Lysander

"I don't know, some may consider it a relief." Ajax said, "But I can tell you losing an arm is very painful. The shortened life span is result of genetic engineering plus the strain on the pilot by the mech, according to Dr. Muir that is. Part of the reason I was created was to see if they could extend the life of pilots by decreasing stress on them from their mechs. What's your name anyways?"

Mayumi Chayse

"You don't think I know that?" Mayumi said, "I know I can't change my past. By the way, what troubles have you ever had? You are way to cheerful for it to have been to bad. But if it was that horrible, then how can you be so freaking cheerful."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 am

"You don't think I know that?" Mayumi said, "I know I can't change my past. By the way, what troubles have you ever had? You are way to cheerful for it to have been to bad. But if it was that horrible, then how can you be so freaking cheerful."
"..." Darkness crossed Rengeteki's face, and it muttered, "I'd rather not talk about it. Let's just say I'm trying to move on and make things better. That's all anyone can do, right?"

"I don't know, some may consider it a relief." Ajax said, "But I can tell you losing an arm is very painful. The shortened life span is result of genetic engineering plus the strain on the pilot by the mech, according to Dr. Muir that is. Part of the reason I was created was to see if they could extend the life of pilots by decreasing stress on them from their mechs. What's your name anyways?"
Charlotte's eyes widened, and she started stammering. "O-oh, I'm s-sorry, I forgot to s-say, sorry, sorry, um... my n-name's Charlotte... Sorry... I completely forgot... sorry..."

She glanced around nervously, looking anywhere except in Ajax's direction as if afraid he was going to be upset. Most people would have realized that someone was unlikely to be angered by something as simple as forgetting to introduce oneself, but then again, Charlotte wasn't exactly 'most people'.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Ajax Lysander

"It's alright." Ajax said and sighed, "Ajax. That's my name. Now, may I ask you a few questions? What is it like being a magic person?"

Mayumi Chayse

"Never seen that expression on you before." Mayumi stated and sighed, "Its kinda scary. I understand, I won't push... I guess I should get myself prepared for this coming awkwardness..."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 24, 2017 1:00 pm

"Never seen that expression on you before." Mayumi stated and sighed, "Its kinda scary. I understand, I won't push... I guess I should get myself prepared for this coming awkwardness..."
Rengeteki brightened up again, smiling. "I'll help! Are you going to do something special? Humans do special things when they're going to eat with other humans, don't they? I'm still not familiar with all of your customs, so perhaps I'm wrong..."

"It's alright." Ajax said and sighed, "Ajax. That's my name. Now, may I ask you a few questions? What is it like being a magic person?"
Charlotte's eyes widened slightly, and she sighed. "I guess it's different for everyone, but... for me... it's not fun, being a magical girl. You've noticed... how we have different power levels, right? The amount of power we have... it's directly proportional to how much we've suffered in our lifetimes. Those who are the strongest are the ones who've been through the most. But... I guess it's not all bad. After all, we get to help fight for humanity, right? For the part of it that's worth fighting for... and the parts that aren't, I suppose. And... there's... there's cool costumes and things like that, I guess, for the people who like that sort of thing. It's all a bit too flashy for me..." And humiliating... "But I know some people like that. So for them, I guess that's a bonus. It's... it's okay, I guess, as long as I get to help people. It's... almost worth it, even."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed May 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Ranoria wrote:snipperoo

Elliot looked over as he heard the voice, and while he hadn't been sure at first if it'd been directed to him, it was soon easy to tell as she was looking right at him. She looked a little confused as to why he was in such a good mood, but he only put on a bright, wide smile. "I beat my high score of how many enemies I was able to kill in the past simulation, a new record--for me, atleast!" He announced proudly, not entirely expecting her reaction to be negative, but rather supportive of his achievement. "Isn't that great!?"
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Charlia wrote:snippetet

Kace only watched as Chai attempted to throw his arm around his shoulders, seeming both amused and bored by the action as he failed. He tried to explain that he wasn't flirting, but that he was only going to show her what it was like to be him...with a description of himself that most definitely proved he was flirting. He allowed him to playfully rub his fist into his side, but only because it was, well, playful. Had he done it any longer than he had, though, Kace probably would've put his palm against his cheek with harmful force. Chai then changed his attitude and claimed that no girl could make him stop loving the Austrian, and even added kissy faces to his demeanor, but Kace was not amused. In fact, it had done what it was supposed to; he grew more annoyed. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "I honestly don't understand why I put up with you sometimes." He replied with a dull but annoyed tone, his gaze becoming an icy glare as he looked to the black-haired boy. He shook his head in disappointment and looked back to Madeleine. "I wouldn't listen to anything he says. He'll probably honey coat any quality about himself to please you, just so he can get in your pants." He explained with a sigh. Sure, to others it would seem incredibly rude and unfriendly to shoot down one's best friend while they were trying to score with a girl, but it was only Kace's demeanor to do so. Chai was used to it by now.

It was around then that James showed up at Kace's side, deciding to push the flirtatious joke further; and the blond boy had to resist the urge to choke Chai for what he'd caused then. "You know very well that Chai is only being the dimwit he is. As if I would even consider dating someone as stupid as him..." He replied, casting only a moments glance to the brown-haired boy. "Not to mention that polygamy has been outdated for centuries now." Of course, then Rowan showed up, and basically made the same comment as James. One could almost tell how hard Kace was trying to restrain his annoyance. "As I've said before, and I'll say again, there's no way in hell I'd consider dating that idiot. So please, if you could stop with such comments...I might just be able to restrain myself from strangling all three of you."
Last edited by Castle Crashers on Wed May 24, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Charlia wrote:At this, Madeleine put on a face of mock offense. "Well, now," she scoffed. "If I'm not good enough for Your Royal Highness, I suppose I'll just have to..."

She paused, clearly for dramatic effect.

"...do absolutely nothing about it," she finally finished, smirking. "I think you're going to drive Kace out of his mind, though."

"Ho-?" Chai's mouth began to form the question, his mind wanting to know how Maddy knew that nickname. How did she know his pas-

"Well, well, well, Your Royal Highness!" Achara said, smiling at Chai from her taller height. "Not wanting to share your toys again, huh? I keep telling you, you gotta share if you wanna make friends! And starting with your brother is important practice!"

A flash, another vision, Achara getting her heart ripped out of her chest by an Oorjawashindi Tall Man,
the sight slightly obscured by panels of wood.

"I don't mean to be selfish..." a younger Chai complained, about four years old. "But he keeps trying to take them without asking!" The toy in question lay about five feet from the teen and the two toddlers,
a wooden soldier painted immaculately by their mother.

A second flash, a vision of Chai's mother being ripped limb from limb by another Oorjawashindi, the same panels of wood obscuring some, but regretfully not all, of the sight. They also did nothing to stop the blood-curdling screams.

"Well, its not my fault mom gives you all the good toys, Chai! I'm your freaking older brother but she always favors you... I thought I was supposed to get all the good stuff and you get the hand-me downs!" Aroon whined, punching his brother in the arm meekly.

Aroon's head getting his head squished under the foot of an invader, the toy they argued over just a few days ago inches from his hand, where it had fallen when he was attack.

Chai sniffled a little and then looked over at the toy on the ground. Feeling ashamed at his actions, he waddled over and picked it up, offering it as a form of appeasement to his brother. "I'm sorry Aroon... I didn't mean to be angry." he muttered.

Taking the toy, Aroon chuckled and ruffled his younger brother's hair. "It's fine, Chai. We can both play with it!"

"It's fine, Aroon, it's fine." Chai chattered, the toy and his hands covered in his brother's blood. "It'sfineitsfineitsfineitsfienjustakeititsfineIdontwanttheytoytakeit... just come back..."

Blinking his way out of the vision, Chai smiled. It had only been a two second lapse, but his smile had faltered to a slight frown, barely imperceptible to normal people. Soon it was back on his face, and the pilot disentangled himself from Kace, giving Madeleine an even brighter look than normal, gracing her with a mischievous look highlighted by his mismatched blue and green eyes. "I mean, you're certainly good enough look-wise, Maddy, but... your personality could use some work. Seriously, look at Kace! Isn't he just a pot of honey and sunshine!" With a gesture at his best friend, Chai highlighted him for his next response.
Castle Crashers wrote:He sighed and rolled his eyes. "I honestly don't understand why I put up with you sometimes." He replied with a dull but annoyed tone, his gaze becoming an icy glare as he looked to the black-haired boy. He shook his head in disappointment and looked back to Madeleine. "I wouldn't listen to anything he says. He'll probably honey coat any quality about himself to please you, just so he can get in your pants." He explained with a sigh. Sure, to others it would seem incredibly rude and unfriendly to shoot down one's best friend while they were trying to score with a girl, but it was only Kace's demeanor to do so. Chai was used to it by now.

It was around then that James showed up at Kace's side, deciding to push the flirtatious joke further; and the blond boy had to resist the urge to choke Chai for what he'd caused then. "You know very well that Chai is only being the dimwit he is. As if I would even consider dating someone as stupid as him..." He replied, casting only a moments glance to the brown-haired boy. "Not to mention that polygamy has been outdated for centuries now." Of course, then Rowan showed up, and basically made the same comment as James. One could almost tell how hard Kace was trying to restrain his annoyance. "As I've said before, and I'll say again, there's no way in hell I'd consider dating that idiot. So please, if you could stop with such comments...I might just be able to restrain myself from strangling all three of you."

"See?" Chai said, looking up at Kace with a look of complete and utter love, so over pronounced that it was obviously an act. "My own little bundle of sugar and love, he is, he is!"

Finally deciding that he had gone far enough with the act, Chai let it go by bursting out into laughter and grabbing his knees, doubling over from the force. As soon as he recovered, he patted Kace on the shoulder gently. "Oh, you know I'm just kidding you, Kacey. I like it when you get annoyed." Focusing on James, he hit his partner and friend on the shoulder.
Spindle wrote:
James D'villers
Sim-centre
Project Job

"The voice of reason has arrived." He announced, grin widening, "And also wonders when you three are going to go public and just share a room."

"Voice of reason indeed! And the only sane pilot for miles! Maybe even on the globe!" Chai exclaimed, gesturing around at the group that had suddenly formed around him and Maddy. "I mean, look at the selection pool. We've got one sane kid out of four, and I know the others aren't any better."

Glancing around at each of the faces around him, Chai laughed and then tried to wrap his arms around James and Kace's shoulders, failing to do so again. "Well, then, what do all say to the idea of getting lunch together today? From what I overheard from blondie number one over there, it might even be required, so think carefully about your responses!"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse