NATION

PASSWORD

Prepare for Augmentation [pmt, war, IC,]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Prepare for Augmentation [pmt, war, IC,]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun May 21, 2017 12:53 pm

"Incoming!" Cyberiad soldiers ducked for cover as artillery shells rained down around them, boiling the earth with eruptions and downpours of dirt and stones. A squad leader frantically radioed high command. "High Command, this is squad Alpha-Foxtrot-2, we are under heavy artillery bombardment, need airstrike one klick north. " The response came back distorted with static.

"Rogjer that Alph*...*2, *...*rstrike inbound.

About 40 seconds later, an AB-170 streaked overhead and unloaded several tons of explosives on the artillery site.

"You are clear for approach Foxtrot Squadron, safest route to objective has been marked on HUD, High command out."

The seven surviving squads of the Foxtrot Squadron moved forward to the crater that used to be an artillery encampment. The Soldiers split into their respective squads and took up tactical positions near the perimeter of the objective.

The Alpha Batallion contained roughly 1,000 men and was tasked with securing an area west of the test site. The number of Augmented was small, but they had managed to repel two direct assaults, prompting a more tactical approach. The artillery site had caught the army off-guard. Commander Jedidiah had begrudgingly ordered Alpha-Foxtrot Squadron to secure the location. The wooded mountainous area had made it nearly impossible to attack with a mechanical division. The foot soldiers prepared to clear the twisted mountains of rubble left from the airstrike. The squadron leader gave the signal and a soldier clad in a GOLEM suit moved in with soldiers in basic EEP suits following behind.

As soon as a few soldiers began to move, they heard the high pitched humming. Like an army of angry hornets, a cloud of nanites began cannibalizing the metal armors, and rending flesh from bone. Then the Augmented emerged from their hiding spots. The damage they had sustained from the airstrike already repaired by their nanites. They opened fire and quickly cut down the assailants...

Orwell rushed into the Council Chamber, where the Cyberiad council were seated in an emergency meeting. Instead of taking his seat, Commander-in-Cheif Orwell stood on the central dais. "Whats going on Orwell?" Sebastian Bartimaeus, the Commander Prime of the Cyberiad looked concerned. "We can't contain the Augment. I need the authorization to mobilize all military assets." After receiving nods from the other members of the Council, Bartimaeus looked down at Orwell "Granted." Orwell without a word turned and began to leave so he could return to High command. "And Bennett," Orwell called back, "I need help. contact all of our allies..."

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 am

Ruskland-Preuben

"So they're dealing with nanites," inquired the Imperator, "Am I correct?". " Aye mein liege, correct you are." Responded the messenger. "And nanites are, well, nano neurological warp spawn?" He asked again. "Yet again mein liege, you hit the mark." The messenger answered. "Well, call me a dreamer but we can use that stuff," Johann II said, "I mean, think of the possibilities when we successfully use this tech! And since we'll know their weaknesses after this war, we can quash any breaches.". " Yeah, I guess you're right my lord.". "Well then, I call upon the respective Hordes: the Iron Horde, the Imperator's Finest, and The Preachers," he decreed, "A total of 300,000 men, I also call upon the Grand Warmaster Abbadon of Soissons, he'll lead them all with the respective Hordes Warmasters.", " Isn't that too many men my lord?" Inquired the messenger, "Isn't that defiance messenger?", " Okay okay, should I tell them?" He asked. "Yes you should, off you go." Began the Imperator, and off the messenger went to declare a 300,000 man mobilization.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Mon May 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Evan Empire Capitol Building, Official Communications Room, 9:00 AM:

Stephen Bartone, a new secretary working under high security inside the EE Capitol Building’s official communication room sat at his desk scrolling through his inbox when an official message from the Cyberiad Council’s government appeared reading:

Official Message From The Commonwealth of the Cyberiad Council
To Our Most Esteemed Ally

We are in desperate need of military assistance. A failed nanite weapon test has resulted in "augmented" individuals that have shown extreme hostility. We cannot contain this by ourselves. Please contact Commander-In-Cheif Orwell as soon as possible.
Bartone immediately got the attention of his leader and sent the message to the room’s live feed as well as the Emperor’s personal inbox. Bartone then bolted towards the Emperor’s office to brief the Emperor.

Evan Empire Capitol Building, the Emperor’s Office:

Emperor Evan Barrineau sat at his desk drafting new regulations on the state-funded mega business Evco Incorporated when a secretary exploded into the room saying: “Excuse me sir, we’ve just received word from the Cyberiad Council that they are under direct threat from a nanite enhanced collective calling themselves “The Augment”. They call to us for our immediate assistance.”. Following the news Emperor Evan immediately stood from his desk and began instructing Bartone: “Prepare for an official response from the Evan Empire and make sure all Department Leaders receive the message, I’m calling an immediate Emergency Imperial Council meeting.”. In a matter of minutes all department leaders of the Evan Empire were called to the Evan Empire Capitol Building to decide the Evan Empire’s response.

Evan Empire Capitol Building, Imperial Council room, 1:00 PM:

Emperor Evan sat around the large conference table of the Imperial Council room along with 11 of his department leaders. 12 department leaders would be present but the Leader of the Department of Empire Health was unable to come in time but had a large interest in the meeting so instead of forfeiting her possible vote on the council, her secretary was present acting as proxy in contact with the leader via the most secure communication available under the rushed circumstances. Security personnel from the EE Capitol Building and various security personnel from their respective departments were also armed and present in the room. Emperor Evan cleared his throat and brought in the council’s attention: “Good afternoon Leaders. I’m sure you are all aware of the situation that the Cyberiad Council faces.” Pointing towards a wall with a projected image of the Cyberiad Council’s message he continued: “Approximately 4 hours ago we received a message from the Cyberiad Council that they were under attack by a nanite augmented collective called “The Augment” My fellow Leaders now it is the job of this Imperial Council to propose our Nation's response to this threat and present it to the people of this Nation for their approval. The Department of Intelligence has some information to share on the forces that the Cyberiad Council are facing. Department Leader: ”. With the verbal cue the Leader of the Department of Empire Intelligence stood and addressed the room: “Fellow Department Leaders, our department has been monitoring the situation in the Cyberiad Council after we got word of the incident. So far we know that these individuals posses superhuman traits as a result of their augmentation and seem to be directed by a central figure. It appears at the moment that if we were to target the Augment, the most effextive way would be to target the leading figure or figures if we can.”. The Department of Intelligence leader then stood down and was replaced by Emperor Evan: “Now that we have a better understanding of the threat we face we must decide what we will do against this threat. I believe that as an ally the the Cyberiad Council and fellow member of the NatCoDE (National Coalition of Defense and Economy) we are obligated to provide maximum assistance to the Cyberiad Council with Military Force”. Around the room nods and signs of approval resounded and the Leader of The Department of Empire Military stood to address the room: “I believe I speak for everyone in this room when I say that the Evan Empire should provide the upmost aid to the Cyberiad Council in combating and containing this threat to all nations”. Emperor Evan then spoke up again: “Very well, then the Council will decide to propose an official declaration of war against the Augment and pledge to aid the Cyberiad Council in this crisis. All in favor say aye!.”. All department leaders of the room then stood declaring their vote including the proxy for the Department of Empire Health. Emperor Evan scanned the room saying: “Very well, that is 12 department votes along with Emperor's vote of 3. That's 15 votes in favor to none against. We have reached a majority of at or over half. I will propose this to the Imperial Senate for approval. In the meantime I want our Military mobilized and coordinated with the Cyberiad Council's Commander-In-Chief Orwell to combat the Augment. I will also prepare a press release and coordinate the Evan Empire's official responses to both the Augment and Cyberiad Council. Godspeed Leaders.” And with that Emperor Evan left the room in order to inform the Imperial Senate.
Last edited by The Evan Empire on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Democratically elected capitalist government managed by Imperial Council of Emperor and his 12 Department Leaders. An Imperial Senate acts as oversight, ratifies Council laws, and approves Council actions. State funded corporation Evco Inc. ensures business competition and jobs. Education is provided free by the government for productivity. Laws are loose with criminal punishments carried out via community service or all the way to lifetime hard labor instead of death. Strong Military in all branches. Hosts the National Coalition of Defense and Economy (NatCoDE); defense and economic pact for members who maintain the NatCoDE Charter’s standards.

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Tue May 23, 2017 8:04 pm

It was raining outside of IOTA Corps headquarters. Agnew's office was dark, illuminated by periodic flashes of lightning. Agnew himself was asleep in his chair with his feet propped up and his chin sunk into his chest. His secretary walked into the room and to her bosses desk, the sound of her heels echoed off the black marble floor and lofty ceiling. She waited for a moment to see if he was really asleep. Receiving no recognition of her presence, she quickly rapped her knuckles on the cold surface of the desk. Waking with a start, Agnew grabbed the side of his desk to keep from falling out of his chair.

"Mary! You have got to stop doing that!"

"Says the man sleeping at his desk in the middle of the day?"

"I don't need your sarcasm. What do you want?"

"The Cyberiad has asked for our help."

"Now you're just trying to be annoying. Help with what?"

Tapping the desks touchscreen surface, Mary brought up the briefing sent over by the Cyberiad.

"With nanites Mr. Agnew."

Agnew's eyes focused and poured over the reports. "This is interesting; the nanites appear to have formed a neural interface of some kind. That would be a gold mine if we could replicate it. Tell them we'll help."

"Oh, the board already voted to help, I was just letting you know." With a smug smile on her face Mary turned and walked out, shutting the door behind her, leaving an angry Agnew to sulk in the Dark.
Last edited by IOTA Corp on Wed May 24, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Thu May 25, 2017 5:20 am

Cruxa
Capital City
President's Office

The heavy oak doors burst open, and the President look up from a bill he had been reviewing. The person barging in was Brigadier General Andrew Briggs, and the Secretary of War Anthony Tennant.

"What the hell is the matter? Why are you barging in like this?!" growled the President in an angry voice, shooting up out of his chair.

"Sir, the Cyberiad has sent us a desperate plea for help. A military experiment of theirs has gone awry, and it's damaging their population. Should we go help them?" said Tennant.

The brigadier general's face, already quite red naturally, turned a delicate shade of purple. "With all due respect, Mr. President, I think we need to drop some soldiers in right now and shoot them the fu--"

"That is enough, General. Mr. Tennant, what is this experiment that went wrong? How can we help?" inquired Mendel, leaning on his desk.

"Nanites. They released nanites designed to heal wounded soldiers, but they instead turned their population into zombie-like cyborgs."

"Is this technology in any way salvageable?"

"Not according to them."

"Send ten thousand soldiers, and ten thousand marines. We need to get the jump on these bots."
Last edited by Cruxa on Thu May 25, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

The Red Snow
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Red Snow » Thu May 25, 2017 10:13 am

It was a cold day in the Zone, the wind whipped and howled as the blizzard pelted the Cities's Titanium doors.

The Zone Capitol Draceus's Office, War room:

Draceus: Gen.Vladimr do you have the information we need on this Mechanical Menace threatening the Cyberiads?

Gen.Vladimr: Yes Premier, they appear to be a renegade group calling themselves the augmented.

Lt.Boris: They appear to be fused with these nanites, from what our spies have gathered it replaces destroyed tissue with mechanical components.

Draceus stood up from his desk and looked out the window.

Draceus: This could escalate quickly, and the people depend on me to protect them from all who seek to seize this land. Prepare five Katyusha MLRS and one SCUD launcher. Radio to the Cyberiads and any who are trying to help them to hold off their assaults. They may resume after the bombardment

Gen.Vladimr and Lt.Boris: Yes sir!

The Augment
Civil Servant

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Augment » Thu May 25, 2017 8:40 pm

"They're calling in reinforcements."

The rumbling sinthesized voice echoed and reverberated through what was left of Halleck's skull.

"It is inconsequential."

"They will come for us."

"Let them come. They will be augmented like the rest." The Cyberiad had tried in vain to recapture the testing site. The Augment had pushed them back several kilometers Eastward and had secured some of the Western coast. "For every one we fell, we raise another." Halleck could feel all of them; feel their thoughts and their pain. He could feel their anger, and they felt his hate, his burning desire to raze the Cyberiad to the ground. All of the augmented screamed to him in the darkness and he answered with a battlecry. This test site became his throne. He could feel the searing pain were the metallic limbs contacted his own flesh, and he could feel the nanites crawling through him. Halleck looked down at what once was his left arm now black, metal, and robotic; built from the very nanites that killed him and brought him back. He began to laugh, deep and maliciously, laughing with all the mirth he could fathom. He had transcended the pathetic bonds of the flesh, to stand in the precision, power, and, unbendable power of the machine.

All throughout the front, as the Cyberiad soldiers fought bravely to hold the line, the enemy began to laugh. They began to cackle as they opened fire, as they were cut down and stood back up, repaired and improved. They laughed for the pain they didn't feel, they laughed for the fear that wasn't there. And the Cyberits shook in fear.
Last edited by The Augment on Thu May 25, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Red Snow
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Red Snow » Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 pm

The Radio Crackled to life.

"Cyberiad Army are you getting this?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Fri May 26, 2017 4:50 pm

The Red Snow wrote:The Radio Crackled to life.

"Sir we are receiving a radio broadcast from what I think is the Red Snow." Orwell was currently inside the command Floor of the Panopticon, the location of the Cyberiad High Command during domestic conflicts. "Where are they​ broadcasting from?"

"They have not specified Sir."

"Send them an encrypted message as follows..."
Official Message from the Commonwealth of The Cyberiad Council

Red Snow, we thank you responding so quickly to our call for help. Please direct any naval forces to the waters off the West of the Cyberiad to await reinforcements. Please direct any Red Snow Officials to Port Gilead in the North East, from there they will be transported to our capital of Citadel to coordinate our efforts. Do not attempt a beach head landing unaided.

"Has anyone else responded to our distress?"

"Not as of yet Sir..."
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Fri May 26, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Red Snow
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Red Snow » Sat May 27, 2017 6:42 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
The Red Snow wrote:The Radio Crackled to life.

"Sir we are receiving a radio broadcast from what I think is the Red Snow." Orwell was currently inside the command Floor of the Panopticon, the location of the Cyberiad High Command during domestic conflicts. "Where are they​ broadcasting from?"

"They have not specified Sir."

"Send them an encrypted message as follows..."
Official Message from the Commonwealth of The Cyberiad Council

Red Snow, we thank you responding so quickly to our call for help. Please direct any naval forces to the waters off the West of the Cyberiad to await reinforcements. Please direct any Red Snow Officials to Port Gilead in the North East, from there they will be transported to our capital of Citadel to coordinate our efforts. Do not attempt a beach head landing unaided.

"Has anyone else responded to our distress?"

"Not as of yet Sir..."

"Sir we are reciving a transmission!"

"Let me have a look."
said Trostky as he walked to the Communications Officer

After throughly reading the message, Trostky picked up the radio.

"Cyberiads this is Commodore Trostky of the Red Snow Navy, we are currently sailing to the rendevous point. We have 7 Destroyer ships in account, we will not be landing any troops, but we brought a substancial amount of firepower. General.Vladimir and Lieutenant. Boris will be arriving via air."
Last edited by The Red Snow on Sat May 27, 2017 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat May 27, 2017 7:04 am

Off the Cyberiad Coast

After a week or so of travelling, the troops finally arrived. First, a message had to be sent requesting not to be fired upon when drones start flying all over the place alongside missiles, after that, a forward operations base would have to be established, the nearby small range of coastal hills would do nicely. After all that, drone strikes, missiles and finally, send in troops to overwhelm the battered Augmented and save the day. But first, message.

Code: Select all
To Cyberiad Council
From Grand Warmaster Abbadon

Greetings, we request landing and the capability to send anything into the air.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat May 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Off the Cyberiad Coast

Code: Select all
To Cyberiad Council
From Grand Warmaster Abbadon

Greetings, we request landing and the capability to send anything into the air.

"Sir, We have just received a Message from The Empire of Ruskland-Preuben."

Orwell turned and looked at the communications officer. "What did they say?"

"They request landing and our permission to, and I quote 'anything' into the air; they neglected to clarify any further."

Orwell sighed, "Landing without any reinforcements is near suicide. Respond with the following."
To: Grand Warmaster Abbadon

Landing is currently strongly advised against, we ask that you come to Citadel to coordinate with the rest of the allied forces before getting yourselves in trouble without backup. We will not be able to promise you support if you attack now. Send all landing forces to rendezvous with the others at 18°44'28.4"S 118°50'58.0"E.

I am going to put a map of the Cyberiad in the OOC thread with major cities and ports and the area that the Augment has captured by tomorrow.
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sat May 27, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Sun May 28, 2017 3:01 pm

300 nm East off Cyberiad Council Port Gilead:

Major General Helman of the Evan Empire's 1st Naval Group stood onboard the bridge of the Evan Empire Aircraft Carrier Allegiance surrounded by various personnel operating comms as well as the ship's commanding Minor General Steiner. He, along with 5 other Major Generals, were part of the initial force of 6 Naval Groups headed to support the Cyberiad Council. Amid the background noises were scattered radio communication from the 3 Flight Groups launched from the Carrier headed towards the Cyberiad Council's coasts. The scout group of 15 tri-engined Evan Interceptors launched from the Allegiance along with 75 more from the other Naval Groups were to be the first from the EE to make direct contact with the Cyberiad Council. As the Allegiance's scout group closed in on the coast, one of the Interceptors radioed in to a minor officer's control station: “Allegiance this is Flight Group 2 Interceptor 5, we have radio contact with friendly forces off the Cyberiad Council's​ coast. They appear to be in distress and asking for immediate support. We are currently 20 nm off the coast. How Copy?” The Communications Minor Officer then got the attention of the bridge personnel of the Allegiance and spoke to the Interceptor: “Copy that Group 2 Number 5, we are patching bridge communication through your Flight Group's communications please continue towards the coast and continue radio contact with friendly forces. Maintain high airspeed, prep your Air to Ground Missiles for combat, and await for orders from the flight operations Major Officer. Over.”. As soon as the Minor Officer completed his contact Helman sprung off his chair and turned to the Allegiance's Minor General Steiner: “Prepare our Interceptor Flight Group of bombs and ground missiles for possible launch and rearm the 2 remaining Flight Groups with 66% 33% split of air and strike weapons. Also tell our Missile Cruisers to prepare to receive targeting information for a possible salvo of Long Range Surface Missiles. I will also pass this information to command and Naval Groups.

Port Bluewater, Evan Empire’s Eastern Coast:

Major General Harrison of the 21st Battalion Group stood near a large cargo ramp sloping into a department of Empire Logistics transport ship. Around him men from of his own Battalion Group along with many others from the port's staff were loading men, armor, and supplies onto the many ships present. “Sir we’ve loaded the last of Sub Battalion 4’s Dragonslayer Tanks and have begun loading their Foundation AFVs” One of his Minor Generals reported. “Excellent, we are right on schedule then. Tell our Transport Ship and Escort​ Naval Groups that the 21st will be ready soon.”. Approximately an hour after his update; Harrison’s 21st along with 209 more Battalion Groups and 21 Special Forces Groups in various military, civillian, and logistics ships carrying nearly 100,000 men, set sail from Port Bluewater along with 18 Escort Naval Groups on a distant journey towards the nearest Cyberiad Council Port.

Each Evan Empire Naval Group contains 1 Carrier, 2 Missile Cruisers, 2 Support Ships, and 1 Submarine.

Carriers carry 36 Evan Interceptors while support ships carry and deploy various vehicles such as “Hummingbird” light helicopters, “Dragonslayer” tanks, “Foundation” IFV’s, and inflatable watercraft for infantry personnel.

Evan Empire ground forces personnel and the Semi-Automatic Bullpup Carbine (SBC). Each Vessel contains 3 Units of 12 infantry personnel.

Battalion Groups consist of Infantry Personnel Organized into 6 Sub-Battalions of 72 each totalling to 432 Infantry Personnel.

Infantry Personnel use the SBC (Semi-Automatic Bullpup Carbine) as their primary rifle.

Each Sub Battalion contains 3 “Hummingbird” light helicopters (18 in total Battalion), 3 “Dragonslayer” tanks (18 in total Battalion), and 3 “Foundation” IFV’s (18 in total Battalion) . While Special Forces Groups contain 6 “Hummingbird” light helicopters per Sub Battalion (36 in total Battalion).

Evan Interceptors and “Mongoose” Bombers are used by the Aerial Forces to support the Ground Forces
Last edited by The Evan Empire on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Democratically elected capitalist government managed by Imperial Council of Emperor and his 12 Department Leaders. An Imperial Senate acts as oversight, ratifies Council laws, and approves Council actions. State funded corporation Evco Inc. ensures business competition and jobs. Education is provided free by the government for productivity. Laws are loose with criminal punishments carried out via community service or all the way to lifetime hard labor instead of death. Strong Military in all branches. Hosts the National Coalition of Defense and Economy (NatCoDE); defense and economic pact for members who maintain the NatCoDE Charter’s standards.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon May 29, 2017 7:33 am

Gregory, our team leader, urged us onward. We were team Delta-Echo-2 serving under Commander Maxwell. Maxwell's forces were the furthest West, meaning that we were the furthest away from help. Our squadron was fresh from Depot 5 near Lexhold, we had fresh armor and guns ready to take the fight to the Augment. We had reported to Maxwell's Echo squadron after teams 2,3, and 6 were completely wiped out. High command needed a suitable landing area so friendly forces could land and surround the metal freaks, so we were dispatched with half of Echo Squadron to scout the Western coastline and determine where heavy Augment activity was, and we stumbled right into them.

"Keep tight formation, and stay close to the ridgeline."

We were just north of the last reported Augment position, walking south. The pine trees around is offered virtually nothing in terms of cover. We began to traverse down a particularly steep hill, with our right flanked by a ridgeline with the ocean just a few meters beyond it. To our left, the hill stretched down into a low valley. We climbed up the next hill in front of us, the brown pine needles on the ground muffled our footsteps. The coastal hills formed a 'U' shape, and Team 5 was on overwatch about two klicks East on a peak of a neighboring hill.

"Team 2, this is team 5. Be advised we see some movement at your 1 o'clock.

Gregory radioed back, "Roger that team 5."

We reached the crest of the hill and we took defensive positions and kept an eye open. We had hardly been there for five seconds when we heard the humming start. James was a little more exposed than the rest of us and took a 51mm round just under his right clavicle. Luckily it glanced off his EEP suit and just knocked the wind out of him. "Michal, get up here!" I crept up and took a more aggressive position behind a boulder with Charlie, our second gunner. Team 5 began offering suppressive fire and marked enemies on our HUDs. Walsh, our Marksman popped up from behind his cover and put a round right through one of their heads. He dropped, but after about 70 seconds he sat up again and began spraying our position with machine gun fire. "Zok dur! They won't even stay dead." Then frantic shouting came over the radio. "Echo squadron, this is Echo 4, they've flanked behind and cut us off!"

Gregory began to radio for help, "Mayday, Mayday! This Cyberiad Delta-Echo-2 in need of emergency support, anyone copy?" Receiving no response he tried again. "I need support from anyone in the area, anyone copy?" The receiver finally crackled to life, "This is Flight Group 2 Interceptor 5 of EE carrier Allegiance, hearing you loud and clear" "Lot kogaan nau Bo!"Gregory whispered to himself. "We need immediate airstrike at coordinates 19°00'05.3"S 121°36'34.0"E, how copy?" ""Hard Copy Echo-2, support inbound."

Moments later, the EE planes streaked overhead and unleashed fiery hell on the Augment forces that had cut off our team. Gregory radioed the rest of Echo squadron, "We wont get another chance, full retreat!"

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Mon May 29, 2017 8:29 pm

-Montauk-
-Data Collection Centre-

The normal mood of the Black Hand was always one of veiled disinterest in the world's affairs, for a secret society as great and old as theirs there was little that could surprise or even disturb them, with a world wide network of ELINT data collecting ships and aircraft and spies planted on every corner of the world, there was little that could catch them off guard... thus it was not completely unexpected that a briefing would pop up on the screen detecting a disturbance, the officer in charge of communications began reading over the latest datafeed with the usual look of disinterest... until the screen began flashing a red M located in Cyberiad, causing his expression to turn to a perplexed frown to a dawning look of horror. "Shit."

He swiftly began forwarding the data to the necessary processors before he picked up the simple phone that sat beside the desk, the man making a single phone call to the right person who picked it up instantly on speaker. "We have a class M emergency, I repeat we have a class M emergency... uncontrolled cybernetic outbreak detected... I repeat, Uncontrolled Cybernetic outbreak detected!"

-Command and Communications-
The flashing alert was quickly transmitted along the various assets, such a situation could easily spiral out of control if left unchecked, and for a situation like this, nothing less than total lethal force was necessary, and for a man like Johan Vector that meant he himself would have the first call. "I want a full Purifier division readied for airlift with fully air and artillery support... yes I'll be joining them.. alert Slavik as well, he knows well enough the risks of leaving this un-contained." Of course these things will take time... they only could hope that this wouldn't spread out of hand before their preparations were complete.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Tue May 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Agnew walked briskly down the corridors of the Panopticon with Cyberiad security forces yelling at him to stop. Finally they stopped in front of the elevator and unholstered their weapons. Agnew sighed and removed his sunglasses which he hung in his breast pocket.

"Mr. Agnew, you are not allowed to be here. You will be retained and ejected from Council Property."

Agnew nearly doubled over laughing before wiping a tear from his eye and folding his hands in front of him. "So not only do you know who I am, but you are also so incompetent that you think I can't be here?"

"Yes... I mean no... You just have to come with us."

Agnew reached inside his suit jacket and retrieved a piece of paper. "I have a legal right to be here according to the NatCoDE charter. Since you asked for help, I am allowed to help in the best way I can, and if you refuse my help, I can pack up and go home and not waste millions of credits to save you from yourselves."

The guard looked over the paper multiple times, "Well I guess..." "Good man." Agnew patted his shoulder as he brushed past him walking to the elevator. The last thing the guards saw was Agnew putting on his sunglasses as the doors closed.

Agnew exited the Elevator and walked across the command room before jumping into a chair and making it spin. "So Orwell, what's going on?"

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 am

Orwell whirled around to see the young CEO spinning slowly in an office chair while swiveling his head to look at him. "Zok dur Agnew! How did you get in here!?" Agnew opened his mouth to speak but Orwell cut him off, "Never mind, I don't want to know. Did you at least bring some firepower with you?"

"Of course I did, I'm obliged to because of NatCoDE. They're waiting at our port."

Radio Chatter came in and a comms officer called over to Orwell, "Sir we have confirmed reports of an EE airstrike near Delta-Echo's position."

"Wait here." Orwell gave Agnew a death stare, in response to which, Agnew raised his arms in mock surrender.

"Have we welcomed our friends properly?"

"We haven't had radio contact with their fleet until a few minutes ago."

"Message the Commander Prime and inform him of our allies arrival." Orwell walked to the elevator and threw on his long brown coat and put on his peaked cap.

"Where are you going?" Agnew called.

"I'm going to my ship, it's high time I join our allies. I'm taking the ODIN, Ergasger, Cormorant, Phoenix, Arbiter, and Maelstrom. Send your troops to rendezvous with us, were prepping for a combined beachhead assault. High Commander Sullivan." A tall blonde man in a High Commanders uniform looked up from his terminal. "I'm leaving you in charge of High Command. Coordinate with the arriving generals and help me coordinate from the ODIN."

"Yes sir," High Commander Sullivan saluted.

The Red Snow
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Red Snow » Wed May 31, 2017 11:39 am

"Citadel control this Red-1 requesting permission to land."

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed May 31, 2017 6:27 pm

The Red Snow wrote:"Citadel control this Red-1 requesting permission to land."

"Red-1, This is Cyberiad High Command, we have taken over for Citadel control and will be directing you to a Military airstrip; standby."

Red-1 was directed to a military landing strip at Depot 1 near the Council building and Panopticon. As the aircraft landed The Commander Prime, Sebastian Bartimaeus was waiting. As the Miliary leaders of Red Snow exited the vehicle Bartimaeus gave the traditional Cyberiad greeting for a military Ally "Drem yol lok Grah-Zeymahzin. Welcome to the Cyberiad, I only wish it was under better circumstances. Please follow me to the Panopticon where we will give you the necessary equipment to coordinate your troops. You will have to forgive Commander Orwell's absence, he has gone to meet with the troops at the rendezvous point. The group boarded a Magrail that took them directly to a private terminal near the Panopticon where High Commander Sullivan was waiting for them. "I now leave you in High Commander Sullivan's capable hands, I must return to the council building."

High Commander Sullivan lead the RS to a secondary control Room where Agnew of the IOTA Corporation was sent after being 'removed' from the Cyberiad control room. "This control center is yours to operate as you see fit. Here you have access to the Panopticon's communication equipment, which you should find is amply strong enough to broadcast to all of your troops. This is Communications Officer Reed," Sullivan said gesturing to a man standing near the elevator door, "He will be the liaison between our forces in the field. You are free to look around here or tour the city. We will be haveing a conference with the other military leaders once they arrive. Until then, if you need anything just ask Officer Reed. I will be in the High Command room if I am needed directly." With that Sullivan went to the elevator and ascended to the High Command floor.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Wed May 31, 2017 7:48 pm

To: The Commonwealth of The Cyberiad Council
Subject: Augment situation
Your Nanomachine outbreak has been noticed and marked... we will not allow this threat to leave your nation and are prepared to dispatch reinforcements to aid in the containment, the officer in charge of these reinforcements will be Commander Johan Vector, we will be sending one amphibious fleet with full air support, we need access to a land based airfield for our bomber wing and airmobile support. We are prepared to bring full fire and air support on your operation and will be willing to send armored and infantry support if the situation proves to be too much for your current allies. We must not let them succeed.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:
To: The Commonwealth of The Cyberiad Council
Subject: Augment situation
Your Nanomachine outbreak has been noticed and marked... we will not allow this threat to leave your nation and are prepared to dispatch reinforcements to aid in the containment, the officer in charge of these reinforcements will be Commander Johan Vector, we will be sending one amphibious fleet with full air support, we need access to a land based airfield for our bomber wing and airmobile support. We are prepared to bring full fire and air support on your operation and will be willing to send armored and infantry support if the situation proves to be too much for your current allies. We must not let them succeed.

To: NRI PMC
Subject: Requests Acknowledged
We thank you for your aid in this matter. We will be attempting a beachhead assault once more forces have arrived. Until then we will be Rendezvousing at 18°44'28.4"S 118°50'58.0"E. We will grant you access to our airfields at Depot 17 in Armast, and Depot 35 in Himmel.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Panopticon Communication Center, Cyberiad Council:

Emperor Evan Barrineau alongside the Leader of the Department of Military James Bednar and two secretaries exited the EE motorcade and began walking up the steps towards monolithic structure ahead of them. The building ahead of them wasn't just any government building, but an informational nerve center for the entire Cyberiad Council known as the Panopticon. Looking up at the building Bednar spoke to Emperor Evan saying: “Damn, I can only imagine the kind of technology the Cyberiad Council has crammed in there.”. “More than we probably want to know” The Emperor chucked. As the group and their respective bodyguard personnel approached the entrance a group of Cyberiad Council guards approached with a stressed look: “What's the nature of your visit? This building is restricted to Cyberiad Council officials and dignitaries only.”. Emperor Evan's personal secretary then stepped ahead of the group and produced official NatCoDE papers and cleared her throat: “We are officials from the Evan Empire here for military assistance in legal accordance with the NatCoDE charter.”. The guards then straightened up and the leader responded: “Our apologies, if you would follow us we will direct you to the Cyberiad High Command room”. Soon the group found themselves surrounded by the Cyberiad Council's state of the art High Command room. Emperor Evan then stepped forwards and greeted high commander Sullivan with a steady handshake saying: “Greetings from the Evan Empire! I wish we could've met under better circumstances but unfortunately it is the threat of the Augment that brings us to the Panopticon. I am joined here with my personal secretary as well as the Leader of the Department of Military James Bednar.”. Bednar then stepped forwards and greeted the man with a handshake: “Pleasure to meet you High Commander. You keep an Incredible facility here, the Evan Empire is privileged to visit and utilize this buildings incredible power! With regard to my position directing Department of Military, I look forwards to learning to use your advanced communications to coordinate with the Evan Empire.”. Sullivan then spoke to both of the men: “Good to finally meet you Emperor Evan and Department Leader Bednar. The Cyberiad Council welcomes their close ally with open arms! We will be providing you with a command room within the Panopticon to Communicate with your government and help command your forces. If you’ll follow this Communications Officer he'll show you to the other representatives present at the Panopticon and your command room.”.

Onboard the Aircraft Carrier Allegiance 200nm Northeast of the Cyberiad Council Rendezvous point:

Major General Helman was eating lunch in the primary mess with the ship's Minor General Steiner when the Major Officer in charge of the ship’s various minor officers stepped in: “Naval Group 116 has just made radar contact with the Cyberiad Council and their allies at the rendezvous point and we expect to be with them by the end of the day. High Command has also notified us that the ground forces along with their naval groups will be reaching the Cyberiad Council in approximately 5 days.”. Helman turned to the Major Officer and spoke: “Very good! tell Naval Group 116’s Major General that Helman is looking forwards to operations with the Cyberiad Council and its allies”. With that the Major Officer returned to his post on the bridge as Naval Group 1 and 116 along with the 4 other Naval Groups in the formation sailed towards the rendevous point.

Each Evan Empire Naval Group contains 1 Carrier, 2 Missile Cruisers, 2 Support Ships, and 1 Submarine.

Carriers carry 36 Evan Interceptors while support ships carry and deploy various vehicles such as “Hummingbird” light helicopters, “Dragonslayer” tanks, “Foundation” IFV’s, and inflatable watercraft for infantry personnel.

Evan Empire ground forces personnel and the Semi-Automatic Bullpup Carbine (SBC). Each Vessel contains 3 Units of 12 infantry personnel.

Battalion Groups consist of Infantry Personnel Organized into 6 Sub-Battalions of 72 each totalling to 432 Infantry Personnel.

Infantry Personnel use the SBC (Semi-Automatic Bullpup Carbine) as their primary rifle.

Each Sub Battalion contains 3 “Hummingbird” light helicopters (18 in total Battalion), 3 “Dragonslayer” tanks (18 in total Battalion), and 3 “Foundation” IFV’s (18 in total Battalion) . While Special Forces Groups contain 6 “Hummingbird” light helicopters per Sub Battalion (36 in total Battalion).

Evan Interceptors and “Mongoose” Bombers are used by the Aerial Forces to support the Ground Forces
Last edited by The Evan Empire on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:30 am

Panopticon Communication Center, Cyberiad Council:

Emperor Evan and Department of Military Leader James Bednar strolled past rows of high security clearance rooms and server equipment following the Communications Officer to meet one of the building’s guest operators. As the officer opened the door to a command room Emperor Evan and the group as a whole paused for a split second. “Oh my God” thought Emperor Evan sarcastically as he stepped towards the CEO of IOTA corporation across the room from him. “Agnew! If it isn't my rival businessman and fellow NatCoDE Member! If I knew you were here I could've brought Romney from Empire Economic Management! I trust you have some aces up your sleeve for our newfound foes the “Augment”?”. Although Evan served primarily as the Emperor of the Evan Empire, the department of Economic Management influences the economic activity of the EE through it's enormous state funded corporation Evco Incorporated, of which Evan was also the honorary CEO. “Oh please." Agnew looked up from his phone. "Just an ace Evan? I thought you knew me better, I brought the whole deck. But you'll have to wait like the rest. And as I recall, I helped your country make a lot of money, so be careful with terms like 'rival'" Agnew gave a mischievous smile and returned to his phone”. After their brief meeting with Agnew the Communications Officer then led them to another command room where the leaders of Red Snow were operating from. Emperor Evan then extended his hand formally to General Vladimir and Lieutenant Boris: “Greetings from the Evan Empire, I am Emperor Evan Barrineau and this is the Leader of The Department of Military James Bednar. We have also come to the aid of the Cyberiad Council with a naval fleet 36 strong and a force of approximately 100,000 soldiers and 108 ships on the way. It’s a pleasure to be working alongside your military and the Evan Empire hopes to make good ties with your nation. As your nation is probably as interested in the situation before us as the Evan Empire is, I was wondering if your nation had any information to help or any requests of the Evan Empire in the coordinated effort to take down the Augment.”

The Augment
Civil Servant

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Augment » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 pm

The Augmented Soldier lay sprawled on its back, a hole through his chest was slowly closing as the nanites worked their magic. After a few minutes, the soldier gasped as its new artificial heart started. The soldier slowly rolled over and stood on its feet. Looking up while gripping its side, the soldier saw the Cyberiad soldiers gleaming as the sun glared of their armor. Then the soldier felt a thousand voices speaking in its head. It reached down and pick up its fallen rifle and charged the Cyberiad line with countless other Augment soldiers. Using a burnt out tank as momentary cover, the soldier leaped over the tank and the Cyberiad front line. Faster than humanly possible the Augmented fired single rounds into the weak points in the Cyberit armors. One Cyberit attempted to fire several rounds into the back of the augmented, but the bullets just ricocheted off. The Augmented turned in an instant and grabbed the Cyberit's neck with a vise-like grip, lifting him up and slamming him to the ground. The impact broke the soldier's neck, and the Augmented left his hand on his neck allowing a swarm of nanites to eat through his armor and begin to repair the damage. The corpse of the fallen Cyberit was revived by the nanites, and began to open fire on what were once his friends. The Cyberiad's front line began to break, the Augment began to slowly advance towards Armast.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:57 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
To: NRI PMC
Subject: Requests Acknowledged
We thank you for your aid in this matter. We will be attempting a beachhead assault once more forces have arrived. Until then we will be Rendezvousing at 18°44'28.4"S 118°50'58.0"E. We will grant you access to our airfields at Depot 17 in Armast, and Depot 35 in Himmel.

To: Cyberiad High Command
Subject: Reinforcements en-route
18°44'28.4"S 118°50'58.0"E, understood reinforcements will be arriving by air at 0400 hours local time tomorrow, artillery, armor and aircraft primary transport, infantry secondary... any data streams on Augment capabilities requested but not necessary. Weakness to heat, electromagnetic weaponry, and common weaponry requested. We will see you on the ground and in the air.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents