NATION

PASSWORD

The IAO ( International Aid Organization)

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
New Cla
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

The IAO ( International Aid Organization)

Postby New Cla » Thu May 18, 2017 4:19 pm

International aid can help a lot of people in developing countries but we can do much more if the world assembly has a organization helping distribute international aid and making sure it get their.

Article 1
- the IAO is founded
- the IAO distributes international aid and makes sure it gets their
- all nations in the world assembly have to give at least 0.5% of government spending to international aid

Article 2
- however the world assembly can dismiss the leader if he does any crimes and does not give a nation in need any international aid.

And therefore the IAO is now established. What do you think?

New Cla
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Gonna make it a proposal

Postby New Cla » Thu May 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Gonna make it a proposal if no one responds

New Cla
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cla » Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 pm

I released it

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu May 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Wow. A whole 39 minutes.

By the way, it's illegal. Committee only. If you had given it a little more than 39 whole minutes, you could have avoided the embarrassment.

Recommend reading:
Passed Resolutions
Rules and Procedures
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Thu May 18, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 pm

The Empire would never donate .5% to this committee. That's more then we donate to the general fund, which we consider is foreign aid. The Empire doesn't give money to GA institutions we do not use.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Fri May 19, 2017 5:47 am

Submitted​ version also contradicts GA Res. #51. If you plan to resubmit, remember this is a marathon, not a sprint; and you should draft it over days or weeks (not minutes!) if you want any helpful feedback. This isn't an afternoon's random entertainment, it's​ a real project (yes, for a web browser game, but one that requires commitment to be any good at).
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri May 19, 2017 10:00 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:Submitted​ version also contradicts GA Res. #51. If you plan to resubmit, remember this is a marathon, not a sprint; and you should draft it over days or weeks (not minutes!) if you want any helpful feedback. This isn't an afternoon's random entertainment, it's​ a real project (yes, for a web browser game, but one that requires commitment to be any good at).

It contradicts GA Resolution #2, as well: The WA can not "remove" national leaders...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri May 19, 2017 10:03 am

New cla wrote:however the world assembly can dismiss the leader if he does any crimes and does not give a nation in need any international aid.

What is defined as a leader's "crimes"? Does it mean going out on the street, joining a gang to be "closer to the people", killing some random citizens, and finding themselves in court? Or does it just mean "refusing to give a nation foreign aid"?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Covenstone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Covenstone » Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 am

Tinhampton wrote:
New cla wrote:however the world assembly can dismiss the leader if he does any crimes and does not give a nation in need any international aid.

What is defined as a leader's "crimes"? Does it mean going out on the street, joining a gang to be "closer to the people", killing some random citizens, and finding themselves in court? Or does it just mean "refusing to give a nation foreign aid"?

Plus I can't help noticing the very specific wording of this clause. Because I am not a he. Neither is the leader of Calladan (when they were a member of The WA). So if this clause only applies to male leaders of The WA, does that mean both of us can go on genocidal rampages without being dismissed as leaders of our respective nations? Because that would be cool!
CP A Winters, Queen of The Witches. ("I suffer from an overwhelming surplus of diggity.")

"Every time the Goddess closes a door, she opens a window.
Which is why the Goddess is NEVER allowed in a spaceship."

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Fri May 19, 2017 11:09 am

"Oh, good point. Our president is samar, so that wouldn't apply to them, either." Iksana flicks his tail. "If that's the leader the proposal refers to, Princess Winters. I suspect it really means the head of the IAO, which means that it's either saying that the leader of the IAO must be a man, which I believe is illegal by WA rules, or is trying to claim 'he' as a gender-neutral pronoun. Now, I admit my knowledge of this language is a bit less than perfect, but I'm almost certain that's not a true claim."
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Covenstone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Covenstone » Fri May 19, 2017 11:32 am

Essu Beti wrote:"Oh, good point. Our president is samar, so that wouldn't apply to them, either." Iksana flicks his tail. "If that's the leader the proposal refers to, Princess Winters. I suspect it really means the head of the IAO, which means that it's either saying that the leader of the IAO must be a man, which I believe is illegal by WA rules, or is trying to claim 'he' as a gender-neutral pronoun. Now, I admit my knowledge of this language is a bit less than perfect, but I'm almost certain that's not a true claim."

So no genocidal rampages for Lucinda and me? Well that blows. (On a related note, if neither of us can be appointed to head the IAO that is also kind of bad, and possibly the kind of thing that would trigger genocidal rampages, if you know what I mean :))
CP A Winters, Queen of The Witches. ("I suffer from an overwhelming surplus of diggity.")

"Every time the Goddess closes a door, she opens a window.
Which is why the Goddess is NEVER allowed in a spaceship."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly