NATION

PASSWORD

Interstellar Retribution (IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Interstellar Retribution (IC, Open)

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Thu May 18, 2017 6:47 pm

"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Fifty years have passed since the pivotal Great Galactic Revolution, a conflict that pitted the United Systems of Andropov against the Imperium of Averius and it's supporters which eventually resulted in the capitulation of the United Systems and the Imperium's rise out of the ashes of the once oppressive empire that ruled before them. Now the Galaxy has experienced an explosion of both growth and prosperity. Countless nations have filled the void left behind by the oppressive United Systems of Andropov, not only promoting peace, but also promoting an atmosphere of growth, essentially ushering in a Golden Age. However, after fifty years without the breakout of a major Pan-Galactic Conflict taking place, dark forces habe begun to gather over the unsuspecting Aquila Galaxy, a new conflict closing in on the horizon. Signaling not only an approaching end to the Golden Age Era, but also heralding in a conflict that the Galaxy has yet to witness since the fall of the Old Vanguard.

Welcome to the era of Interstellar Retribution, a Science Fiction Roleplay based on a hybridization of both an open world environment and a plot oriented storyline depicting the era of prosperity following the defeat of the United Nations of Andropov and the events following the end of the Golden Age Era. A world where you the Rper have the ability to play as either an Empire, a Faction, an Individual Character, or even all three at the same time! In this world the sky is the limit as you reach out into the stars in order to establish your rightful place in the Galaxy. However, beware the lurking dangers that are hidden in remote areas of the Galaxy, whether these be mere pirates seeking to pillage and plunder their way to glory, or even another Empire that seeks to bask in the sunlight of power.

Rules

1. Standard NS Rules Apply
  2. Respect any ruling made by the OP or even the Co-Ops
  3. Respect Thy Neighbor (Respect Each Other)
  4. No God-Modding, Meta-Gaming, Etc...
  5. Abilities like Psionics and even Alchemy as well as Magic is allowed to be used in this Rp per the abilities of the Nexus, but if your Nexus User is able to perform feats like taking a massive army on with only one person will not be tolerated, if there are any signs of abuse with these abilities, the Op and Co-Op will act accordingly on it.
  6. If you have any questions for the Co-Ops or Myself, please feel free to ask at anytime!
  7. Create Your own Nation! As we will not be using pre-existing Sci-Fi Nations
  8. Have Fun! The Galaxy is a big place for exploration and can hold secrets that are beyond comprehension as well as those who are also hidden among the stars, there is a LOT to do here!

Last edited by The Fallen Jedi on Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 pm

The Collective, 1000 hours after arriving

The estimated time that it would take to set up the Dyson spheres and World Builders was 1200 hours. After everything was said and done, it had taken just over 1000 hours. Which had earned the hard working crew some much deserved time in the pleasure centers while the drones took over. It was a momentous occasion, for they had just completed their first excursion beyond the galaxy and with it, the first steps to expanding the Collective. The next few steps were to send out "Pings" to see if they got a response, send out a small fleet of mining ships to start gathering new resources, and prepare to meet their new galactic neighbors. Their senors had indicated that there was an abundance of planets that suited organic life. Oxygen, atmospheres, and gravity that wasn't as harsh as Collective made worlds. Which had nearly triple the gravity of an average world and completely lacked an atmosphere, which gave it a high surface temperature and radiation level, but that didn't bother the machines. The planets were designed to absorb solar radiation to assist the power core if it was needed. Give the output of the Dark Matter reactor installed on each of the World Builders, it was superfluous.

The Collective didn't bother with letting actual people drive their mining ships. After the immense amount of time that every person had spent trying to getting the Spheres operational, the leadership agreed that they deserved as much time off as they needed. So the ships were given an AI and sent off to find uninhabited planets and asteroid fields to harvest. All of the resources would go to ensuring that the Collective's equipment and bodies all remained in tip top shape. There was no way for them to predict how long it would be until they met any of the other people in the galaxy, but the Collective agreed that if they wanted to meet them, then they would make their presence known. They knew that for some species, first contact was a scary thing, even more so when the species being contacted was a race of machines, but they would do their best to make a good first impression.

Assuming no one shot at them.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Tedalonian Empire Star System, Tedstantinople
Within the Tedstantium System the planet, Tedstantia thrived. The wealth for the small government improved by the day and riches poured in. The planet could finally develop a military force to defend it, although small. The President Esteemed Alister Tomli brought wealth to the small relatively ignored planet, and made it capable to expand and colonize outer space, however the President was to late. The nations that grew before his did colonized almost all the worthwhile planets. The Tedalonian Empire was stuck in a stagnant growth.

This did not stop the citizens from being wealthy however. The citizens were content with there rich and peaceful life. Elric Travenburg was one of these people. Son of the Royal General, he had many responsibilities, however he tried his best at being comfortable at his life. His father however planned for him to be the next Royal General. He did not want this, because he didn't see the importance.

One day Elric had enough military history studies and tactics and confronted his father during there lesson session.

"Why waste cash on a military if were not going to use it?" He asked.

His father replied, "because you'll never know when you'll need it, and besides having a military scares the other nations into not attacking you."

"So it's never going to be important?" Elric asked wondering if being a General had a point if you're not going to be famous.

"Son, I want you to be a Royal General not just for you, but for the country."

"But I don't want to be a Royal General! There's no point if there's no warfare!"

"Son, being a Royal General is not about fame. It's about serving you're nation."

"I think the nation can do fine without me!"

Elric storms off heading for his room.

"Elric wait were not done!"

The door slams behind Elric, and his father sighed. Elric had been such a idealogical boy, and wanted to rule the nation, but his duty was to the Royal General bloodline. This was troubling because the Royal Generals are the commander and chief of the military hierarchy. If they were to lose there Royal General hierarchy, then their would be great change, and public discord. This was not a major issue, but it was troubling.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri May 19, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:The Collective, 1000 hours after arriving

Triarchy patrol fleet, border of Xoirraite space

Menkara Khacild sat at his captain's chair absent mindedly looking at the ship reports from his fleet. They had been sent here some time ago to scout out for pirate bases that could harass the survey ships that would be coming soon. A waste of his time and abilities, hunting pirates, he should be gaining slaves fighting strong enemies, gaining glory. He shouldn't have to degraded himself with such work. He looked at his fleet again five patrol boats, 3 frigates, and his cruiser, along with a small complement of space wings. More than enough to handle any basic threat that could come there way.

He was stirred from his thought as the fleet came out of hyperspace, when one of the sensor operators yelled out to him "Sir, we are picking up readings on the far side of the system, 30,000 thousand of them." Menkara shot up "Repeat that. 30,000 contacts sir." The captain looked around before giving the order "Give me a visual know" in a second a picture appeared in the center of the room showing tens of thousands of ships all around a single star and two constructed planets."

The captain fell back in hs chair this were no pirates, it was a whole fleet. "Orders sir", said one of the ensigns on the bridge asked him "Send the first contact package, and hail them. Menkara put on an air of confidence but secretly he was praying to the Khacild hive spirts that these people wouldn't be hostile.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu May 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Ysmault

Throneworld of the Court of Heretics

The Ruinous Cathedral

Full of gloom and melancholy alongside immaculate architecture of a civilization long extinguished, the Court of Heretics held their gatherings at the appropriately named Ruinous Cathedral upon Ysmault, where the beginnings of the Court arise. Gathered around a solid stone table were four lords and three ladies, each with a delegation behind them, forming a seven pointed star outward from the tables' center. Seating did not matter, all were supposedly equal when the Heretics were holding court, but speaking rights mattered greatly to the Lords of Infinity. Beginning with the oldest member, the Queen of Worms stood up with a solemn, yet silly grin. "Welcome, welcome, ye ol' lords and ladies of might, we have much to discuss and little time to do so. While we plot against one another, interlopers seem to plot against us, and meet untimely demises." She said with a giggle.

"Get on with it." One of the new upstart lords spouted, the King of Crows drumming his fingers violently against the stony surface of the table. The King was the newest of the Lords, having served in his capacity for less than fifty years, but his time there has earned him reputation as an enemy to the Queen of Worms and her vile, cosmic worm infestation. "I have little time for old, slimy hags that laugh at every other sentence." This outburst earned him a glare from the other Lords, who did not share his view, "I have worlds to conquer and raze, after all."

"Don't we all." The immense, beast-like Jotun, the Savage King, said with a thunderous voice, quiet to himself, but loud to everyone else. With that small bit of tension out of the way, the Queen of Worms continued with her presentation of the Court's agenda, introducing the newest expansion fields with planets ripe for conquest for their dark, magical hordes. For nearly an hour, the seven bickered over who ruled what before their invasions began, each one knowing full-well that they would have to defend their holdings from other Lords and gain at the expense of another as well, if they are to remain competitive.

Quiet and reserved, Ymir, the Chaotic King, carved a section of space for himself, his claims immediately coming under attack from Igniz Vulcan and the King of Crows, each of whom sought the lionshare of the worlds. He was simple and direct in his defense of his claim, "Come and take it, Lord." He stated, unmoving and stoic as the table he sat at. This earned him sneers from his compatriots, but it was simple enough to ignore them. What truly interested Ymir, though, was the Queen of Worms discussion on the fabled Nexus, of which many of the Seven had heard of, yet few understood, or even cared to understand.

"Perhaps it provides a link to our magical realms." She said softly, rubbing one of her worm-like tendrils.

"It is the link." Jotun answered, causing the gentle ramblings of the rest of the council to cease, the giant's immense voice carrying such weight. "The Nexus acts as the gateway to my blood magic, and all of your own magics. I have had my shamans research this phenomenon, and what little they can uncover gives us a clue to it's nature. It is something that needs to be placed under Court authority, lest one of us gains control of it." It was only natural, each of the seven were shrewd and looking to eliminate the other six, and Jotun knew that each Lord had a plan to take over the Nexus forming or somehow eliminate their dependence on it, something to get a leg up. Competition was fierce, and the only way to continue the fragile peace was guaranteeing an equitable share for each member.

This launched the Lords of Infinity into another discussion in regards to the Nexus and what it meant for them, as this information seemed alarmly dire for the seven, whose entire basis was on magic, which was somehow governed by this Nexus. Eventually, an agreement was hammered out of the arguing, and the combined might of the Lords of Infinity would be utilized to it's fullest extent to attain control and understanding of the Nexus in the coming months, but some still sweated the petty issues and personal slights that one lord had done to another and vice versa.

Regardless, the Seven Lords of Infinity eventually left the court feeling somewhat satisfied and updated on the current situation, each making way to their personal vessels above the Throneworld and setting off for their personal domains within the Protectorate, the large region of space ruled by the Court. Ymir teleported onto his flagship, the Advent Titan, which was a re-purposed orbital defense platform made into a super-dreadnought, mobile temple, and headquarters for the Knights of Chaos all rolled into one. Rather than focus on empire building, Ymir and his forces began to move past the expansion worlds and toward the known galaxy, intent on unlocking the secrets of the Nexus along the way.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Zhaas123 wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:The Collective, 1000 hours after arriving

Triarchy patrol fleet, border of Xoirraite space

Menkara Khacild sat at his captain's chair absent mindedly looking at the ship reports from his fleet. They had been sent here some time ago to scout out for pirate bases that could harass the survey ships that would be coming soon. A waste of his time and abilities, hunting pirates, he should be gaining slaves fighting strong enemies, gaining glory. He shouldn't have to degraded himself with such work. He looked at his fleet again five patrol boats, 3 frigates, and his cruiser, along with a small complement of space wings. More than enough to handle any basic threat that could come there way.

He was stirred from his thought as the fleet came out of hyperspace, when one of the sensor operators yelled out to him "Sir, we are picking up readings on the far side of the system, 30,000 thousand of them." Menkara shot up "Repeat that. 30,000 contacts sir." The captain looked around before giving the order "Give me a visual know" in a second a picture appeared in the center of the room showing tens of thousands of ships all around a single star and two constructed planets."

The captain fell back in hs chair this were no pirates, it was a whole fleet. "Orders sir", said one of the ensigns on the bridge asked him "Send the first contact package, and hail them. Menkara put on an air of confidence but secretly he was praying to the Khacild hive spirts that these people wouldn't be hostile.

Collective HomeStar 1

The drones hummed and went about their programmed duties as the people relaxed. The leadership started planning what to do in the event for first contact. In their home Galaxy, they were typically the ones coming into contact, with it being rare that another space faring civilization found them. And right as they were planning it out, several ships jumped into the far side of their solar system. That sure didn't take long, and just as they were readying up a message to open contact, they had received a signal from the ships. "My, that was fast. I certainly hope none of the drones caused any trouble." Prime-Commander Shovan mused as the computers deciphered and translated the message all the while running a scan on the ships and receiving very odd information. "This can't be correct. Their entire vessel is giving us a reading for life. What manner of ship is alive? Have the nanites check the scanner, make sure that it's properly calibrated." Nevertheless, Shovan read the message. It seemed to be some basic questions, so he gave the reply containing information that they would like to know.

"I am Prime-Commander Shovan of the Collective. We sincerely apologize for building close to your borders, and if will give us 24 hours, we can relocate our star system to a location more suitable for you if you would like. We are not native to this galaxy, having just arrived approximately 1000 hours ago. We mean you no harm, nor do we have any ill intent." He explained in response. As he was working on his response, the nanites updated him on the situation with the supposedly faulty scanner. It was functioning perfectly. Dare he ask about the ship? A better idea. He added to the response. "If you would prefer, I could send a ship out to greet you." He offered. That could work. It would allow him to get a proper visual of the ship and confirm if it was indeed organic, or confirm that something was terribly wrong with the short range scanners.

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Collective HomeStar 1

Menkara Khacild's patrol fleet, border of Xoirraite space

Menkara listened intently to the message he had received from group the "Collective" as they called themselves. They were peaceful and even apologized for intruding near the Triarchies dominion, something he would never have done if he was in their place. He wondered why build a fleet that massive if your not going to be aggressive with it. The most shocking thing was his claim they were from another galaxy surely that had to be a lie meant to cow them, why they thought they needed that when they had 30,000 ships he had no clue.

He offered to meet with them to see if his ship was organic fair enough most species didn't know what to make of the Triarchy's biotech. He authorized for a second message to be sent "Prime-Commander Shovan, this is Captain Menkara Khacild of the Xoirraite Triarchy, I would like to meet with you but i'm afraid I do not have the authority to make any promises, I will also be sending one of my frigates to word to my superiors about this."

The captain sent the message thru and gave the order for one of the frigates to return to Xoirraite space. Now all he had to do was wait for a response.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Zhaas123 wrote:

Menkara Khacild's patrol fleet, border of Xoirraite space

Shovan waited a minute and received the reply from Captain Menkara Khacild of the Xoirraite Triarchy. "Greetings Captain Mankara." Shovan replied. "I can wait for as long as required. In the meantime, I am prepared to offer you any information on us that you wish to know. I do have one question though. I've had my scanners checked no less than three times since we began our conversation. They are telling me that... Your ship is alive. Or at the very least is giving off a very strange life signal. Would you mind confirming that either you ship is some life form, or that my scanners desperately need to be repaired." He tried to inject a little humor into the situation. Humor made people more comfortable with eachother, right? Well, at least in the Collective it did. The Captain seemed wary of them, which Shovan found to be completely understandable given the situation, but he tried to be as compliant as possible.

"Perhaps you could assist us. As I previously stated, we are not from this galaxy, and have come here to expand. What you see is the fifth largest fleet in the Collective. Only within the last few hours have we just completely finished setting up our home and sending our mining drones to begin resource collection. Had we any violent intent, you would know by now." That should put him at ease. Giving him more information on why they're here should in theory help put him at ease. Along with ensuring that they weren't there to cause any trouble. "We did not want to intrude on any existing planets, so we brought and constructed our own."

Multiversal Venn-Copard
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 03, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Multiversal Venn-Copard » Fri May 19, 2017 8:57 am

Border of the Unknown Regions

"Scouts. Report in. What do you see?"

The Initiative of the Free Galaxy was, as usual, scouting along the boundary of known and unknown space, and clearing systems of pirates and rogue factions as they moved. The fleet, centered on the Relay Megatower Mayhem Central, currently sat parked above a dry world orbiting a red dwarf star, entertaining themselves with stories of close encounters with death and harrowing battles, and waiting for the scouts one system ahead to reveal some information. The scouting group consisted of a pair of Pantheon-class cruisers, named the IFGS Needle and IFGS Amulet, which worked together to map out this new system and report on anything interesting inside. It wasn't long before they relayed a response back through the tachyon comms network, alerting the FC and the rest of the fleet about an object of interest.

"B-class primary star, eight planets, four rocky and four gaseous. Nothing habitable. There's a cluster of asteroids and minor planets very close to the star that we're checking, though, and... let's see... we're picking up an abnormal concentration of metals. Looks like a spacecraft wreck of some sort. Fifty kilometers in length, I'd say, and it's wedged partway into one of the larger asteroids."

"Any active signals from it?"

"Negative. This thing's reached the same temperature as the other asteroids. It's been wrecked for years, at least."

"Light a beacon, we're coming through. Let's see if we can salvage it."

The Needle promptly broadcast a long-range FTL jump signal, which the Relay Megatower locked onto and established a link with. With a flash of light, most of the Initiative fleet vanished and instantly reappeared near the interdiction cruiser, slamming into realspace with tremendous force. The tower, flanked by a small group of battleships and frigates that hadn't jumped, then proceeded to the rest of the group at normal FTL speed, seeing as it could not jump itself, and it needed some amount of protection in the event that it was intercepted.

Within mere hours, the mysterious spacecraft's crash site became a hub of activity, as the mining ships stripped away large chunks of its hull and the heavy industry ships began reprocessing them into useful minerals. Salvagers on EVA found pieces of half-melted and micrometeorite-damaged electronics, and the occasional bone from what was presumably a crew member of this vessel. This single wreck, they figured, was tremendously valuable, and it would probably be a good idea to get the salvage operation done quickly before others turned up.

Sadly, igniting a jump beacon is like shooting off a flare into a pitch-black forest. Scanners across the galaxy had a decent chance of picking up the signal, and perhaps the more opportunistic factions might try to investigate.

For the time being, though, the Initiative was alone.
Last edited by Multiversal Venn-Copard on Fri May 19, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I guess everything really does happen at once sometimes."

The VCMR is likely far less interested in interfering with those below than it used to be.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 am

FOUNDRY SUPERCOMPUTER - 661 Illustrious
    LKV-8293, otherwise known as Foundry, Praelia Caicos system, Unknown Regions

</xlogbegin:
    SITUATION LOG UPDATED
    0111010102 c.0bra 001101001
    SITUATION LEVEL: VERY BAD \ SITUATIONAL SUMMARY : RELIC IN DANGER, POSSIBILITY OF FOUNDRY COMPROMISE
    TRAJECTORY OF THREAT CALCULATED: INBOUND TO LKV-8293 IN : 1 HR
    SUMMARY: Unidentifiedobject spotted in outskirts of LKV-8293. Designated as local "Pirate" force, threat level minimal, but the existence of Foundry to public eyes would will put the entire shield world in danger - object must be terminated before it leaves system.
    PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION - RECOMMEND THREAT BE ELIMINATED AT ALL COSTS
    x/end >

This shouldn't have happened.

The A.I. had run millions of tests - possibly even more, but nothing had prepared it for what had just happened before it. Foundry's A.I. had assessed the report over and over again, yet still managed to miss such a minor detail on such a minor and otherwise insignificant report. A breach of Foundry space? A relic in potential danger? Of all the times that this alert could have come up, it just had to pick this time to happen right now, in particular. At this point, the Foundry A.I. didn't even know - or, rather, have the slightest amount of "care" to even figure out why today was so stressful and important - the elimination of whatever threat was currently intruding on their space came first, while pondering about any philosophical problems, within current programming capabilities, came later.

As hundreds of miscellaneous drones floated in and out of the central Guardian production facility, one lone Guardian stood out among hundreds of identical others of his kind, floating closer to the titanic A.I. mainframe as it assessed the information in front of it for a moment. Turning away from the computer, the Guardian floated upwards through an open port in the ceiling, where two others of its kind linked together forming one much larger, more powerful construct than before. The now spacecraft-sized guardian aggressively shot through the air, easily breaking the sound barrier as it tore through Foundry's oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere and quickly entered orbit.

Whatever band of "Pirates" that had the audacity to park their ship in orbit right above Foundry had made a big mistake in choosing its spot to set anchor. The combined Guardians approached the already battle-scarred ship as bright, orange lights suddenly flared up over their central "eyes" constructs. This unfortunate batch of pirates was not leaving this system with word of Foundry's existence.

That is, not leaving the system alive, of course.

If the Unknown regions were akin to a climbing a massive mountain, then a frontier station like Heaven's Gate would be considered the base camp.

Alternatively, a place like Heaven's Gate could be considered more of an independent luxury amusement playground or fancy country club out in the middle of nowhere, rather than just.. well.. a colonial post, of course. And definitely not a base camp on a mountain. Whatever individual that had apparently sought to paying the fuck out of an oherwise irrelevant ring-shaped space station in the middle of nowhere evidently had a massive budget, going so far as to hiring his own private guards and defenses, not to mention bringing in a metric shitton of expensive luxury appliances and furniture inside the station. Essentially, a default Frontier Station's goal was to both function as a "rest stop" of sorts to freighter pilots or military ships on patrol, as well as provide a staging area for any further expansion by the Imperium into the Unknown Regions.

But, quite obviously, this station here had done way more than just providing a rest station for freighters. It was a rest and... relaxation spot, if you would, for a variety of individuals, both shady or otherwise normal. One of these was Zasha Farslider. She'd been around here for quite sometime, just idling around the station until either she was bored and decided to leave, or until someone came up to her for a job. Judging by the most recent events, the first option would have be the one to take, if nobody came up to her anytime soon.

The interior of Heaven's Gate automatically dimmed its artificial sun lamps and changed its digital sky and environment to a more nighttime setting when, traditionally in the system, it would've been the time for people to sleep on a typical planet. Officially, there was no enforced curfew on the station for its guests so long as those still up late agreed to not be loud or distracting for those still sleeping - if not, then the guards would be more than happy to escort them off the premises. Hopefully, not in a bodybag thanks to the no weapons policy. Rather than go to sleep, Zasha had instead took a visit to Heaven's Gate's expansive pool deck which, luckily for her, was completely vacant at this time, allowing her to retain her well-needed privacy that one would expect from swimming completely alone in an otherwise vacant pool she had to herself for the rest of the day, also eliminating the awkward scenario of some unsuspecting person suddenly walking in on her in an embarrassing position, if you understand what the context of "embarrassing" is.

Zasha allowed herself to sink to the bottom of the pool, her feet eventually touching the practically invisible glass floor as she swam towards the edge of the large pool. Aside from doing an actual EVA walk outside the station or being jettisoned into space, this was the closest that one could get to the actual experience of floating freely in space without dying, at least, aboard this station. Both the floor and the sides of the pool could optionally go completely transparent, essentially allowing the occupant(s) inside to have an experience akin to floating around in space, similar to how she was doing right now.

The silence was eerily calming - she could honestly stay all night down under here, but she personally preferred actually sleeping over having a guard rudely come pluck her out of the water in the morning. Hydrans couldn't actually "drown" as they could breath both in the air and water, but for some reason this silence and serenity was easing. The feeling of nothingness from just floating around under here was relaxing - something someone simply couldn't achieve above ground.

After what seemed like an hour to her, Zasha sprung off the floor of the pool and swam to the end where she had entered from, coming up from the water surprised to see a pair of feet and boots waiting for her at the end with a towel. She reluctantly took the towel and glared up at the man in question, who bore the uniform of one of Heaven's Gate's higher ranking guards. "I'm not distracting or disturbing anyone, am I?" Zasha tilted her head and asked sarcastically, resting her chin on her hand as she propped her elbow against the pool's end.

"I take it these are your clothes here," the man said, gesturing to the apparel in question that Zasha had laid on a pool chair moments before she entered. "Enjoying the pool?"

"There's no rules against it, are there?" Zasha challenged. "Otherwise, I'll be needing my privacy here. And the pool's great, thank you very much."

"Think about what'll happen if some lady's little kid comes in here when you're having your little skinny dipping sessions," the man replied. His eyes were practically invisible behind his onyx tactical shades. "Imagine the amount of shit you'll be in when my guards detain you for exposure and messing with a minor."

Zasha paused. "You're wasting my time."

"But here you are, sitting in my pool with no clothes on, talking to me when you could just be moving on with yourself and this conversation." He folded his arms. "Anyways, I'm not here to lecture you about the station's rules or anything. I'm in need of someone who'll do a job for me, and you, my lady, happen to be the only person here on this station that'll say yes."

Zasha frowned. "What's in it for me?"

"A payment directly to your account, free maintenance on your ship at all of my Frontier stations for 10 galactic cycles, and," he paused for dramatic effect, leaning in closer to the Hydran. "All-access to the VIP section at all of my stations. Pool included, no charge on you."

"So long as you let me stay here for a while, consider it done." Zasha said. The station owner grinned as he lowered his arms. "Great. I'll send you the info on your quarters' computer. I won't waste your time anymore. Unless you want me to."

Zasha initially coiled back at the seductive remark at the end of his proposal, but soon forgot about it after he left the area. Upon returning to her quarters later that night, Zasha found the message on the holographic screen by her bed, reading it over to herself.

To: Zasha_Farslider
    By opening this you Agree to this mission which you may start at anytime. Bring friends if you'd like.
    One of my patrol ships in the Unknown Regions has gone missing recently. It's black box has transmitted its approximate location to be in the "Foundry" system - link has been sent to your ship's NAV.
    You can start this at anytime, again, but the earlier you do so the better. I don't want to have to deal with another pirate problem again, and I can't afford sending some expensive privateers out there that I don't trust. The quicker you get in and figure out what's happened, the more I can assure you that whatever.. or whomever.. is in Foundry, will not kill you.
    Half of the payment has been transferred to your acc now, the full portion and all the other benefits will come once you deal with this for me.
    XOXO,
    - A.W.

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:24 am

Menkara Khacild's patrol fleet

The next message from the Collective came in. The message were understanding, asking for information, and offering the same in return. Once again Shovan asked about the ship, Menkara began his response. "Yes Prime-Commander this ship is alive, not as you or me, but it feels anger, pain, and fear." We let out the more complex elements of biotech, deciding to save that for later. He thought about the request for information before deciding against it "I'm sorry Commander, but I do not have the authority to share such information relating the the Triarchy."

The captain sat back down and received word from his comms officer that the frigate he sent had arrived in Triarchy space. Now all he had to do was wait for someone qualified for this could come and take this off his hands. "Prime Commander if I can ask you a question, you calm to be here from another galaxy, you claim to be in peace, yet you have the largest fleet i've ever seen in one place, what need do you have for such a large force."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 am

Qali'šitahi à Thakurewecheteko ・ Ajbitãl: 4;719・ Nykurõdeneuõ • Kerutlešištraqmerš:362

Cruiser Designation 362 entered, turning off its tachyon engines in favour of the light speed engines used inside systems, system 4;719. Admiral Wõshunãorenan stood at the observation deck, examining the system.
"Operative 624," he said, "Please read out the scan data."
"Scans indicate the presence of eight planetary bodies around the star. Neither the star nor planetary bodies have any details of note; lacking any particularly useful commodities and hazards. But I digress. The signal appears to be emanating from the inner asteroid belt," she replied, enlarging the image on her screen, "It is of Initiative origin, which appears to have sent a fleet. Their intentions here are thus far unknown. Both we and they should hope that there shan't be any hostile interaction so close to our territory. One can never be sure with nomads.
The admiral thought for a moment. He sat and held his pensive look.
"Traxišematalullayiko," he said, "Open a channel with their flagship. We must know their intents."
With that, Diplomat Traxišematalu input the coordinates for the Initiative flagship, flew nearer, and opened a channel. Now, the only thing to do was watch the screen and wait for someone from the Initiative to answer.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 pm

The Salvation's Light
Orbit of Harvos
Harvos System
The Qanme Matriarchy

The Salvation's Light, otherwise called the Salvation, was a Spire-class Hiveship. Commanded by a command form that was named At'Enota, sometimes simply called Eno, the Salvation was one of many Hiveships guarding the system. Spire-class Hiveships were the equivalent to heavy battle cruisers by other species' standards, and were a perfect combination of technology and biotechnology; it was a living ship, and its "AI" was little more than a secondary command form subject to Eno's will. Eno was doing his job, as he was appointed by Queen At'Novea. At'Novea was a new Hive Queen, born merely a century ago; one of the youngest Queens in the Matriarchy.

Eno ordered the Salvation to be brought around Harvos, to begin checking the system edge; he felt something... off in the Voice. The Voice, he knew, came from the Supreme Matriarch and the Queens' combined psionic strength. Yet something was causing some interference; and that only happened when a wormhole was first opened by a Hiveship. The fact it was happening and he didn't know what was causing it meant that Queen At'Novea didn't know, which meant the Supreme Matriarch didn't know. The Salvation lumbered to the edge of the system slowly, so as to not get caught if a wormhole did open up. Eno hoped that he was right, to some degree; and Queen At'Novea's Voice signal soothed him, as he knew his mind was hers and therefore under her protection. Reassured, the command form waited for something to happen.
Last edited by The V O I D on Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Fri May 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Reserdan, Imperial Palace
Emperor Sanji Masaki
50 ABR

He could sense it, a disturbance tingling throughout the Nexus, it was a faint disturbance yes but a disturbance nonetheless. Sanji was all too familiar to this sensation it was what the Dark Lord of the United Systems had let off during his rule over the galaxy, a slow corrupting presence that inched it's way forward with every passing day, yet oddly it wasn't being let off by a single individual oh not at all but rather it was coming from the depths of space where the Imperium did not have any jurisdiction: the Unknown Regions, a sector of the Galaxy that had sparingly been explored and was teeming with piracy, smuggling and even hidden horrors that had yet to be unleashed upon the Galaxy. "What is it trying to say?" Wondered the Emperor of the Imperium, his hand resting on his chin as he found himself deep in thought, trying to at least get an image of who or what was causing this disturbance. However Sanji would be met with failure, his perception being blinded by the mist that had descended upon the Nexus.

"You sense it too I presume?" A voice called out within the normally silent Observation Platform of the Emperor's high security Imperial Palace. Sanji smiled, his throne turning from the window and towards the inner sanctum of his chamber. Two rows of darkened silhouettes stood exactly parallel to each other, standing alongside the walkway that led into the throne room. Standing before the Emperor was his elder brother as well as the Grand Master of the Order of the Nexus: Ryaku Masaki. "We aren't the only ones who feel it..." Ryaku walked past his brother, staring out into the cityscape that was Presidium City, the hub of all Government Activity in the Imperium. It was hard to imagine just by the immaculate appearance of the upper districts of the city that a war had been fought here half a century ago that would help shape the fate of the Galaxy. "Should we convene a Council Meeting?" Ryaku asked, his hands clasped behind his back, a small smile adorning his face, the orange rays of the sun illuminating his face.

"The Nexus is clouded Ryaku, even if we were to convene a council meeting we would only end up with more questions and no answers. We need to at least obtain some insight into this disturbance before a meeting proves to be advantageous to answering the questions that already exist." Sanji explained, his throne turning back towards the circular window that overlooked the city "Right now, the Order needs to meditate on this matter further, and that is all we can do at the moment, but I can't keep the Order itself at first priority, my only desire is to protect those who join our Imperium."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri May 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Myra Wail
1 LY from The Heaven's Gate Frontier Station, Edge of Imperium Space, Unknown System

Myra touched her hair. Silver. She was nervous. She did not feel nervous, but her hair was never wrong. Even since that accident so many years ago, only the dead cells which made up long strands of thick hair follicles knew what she was feeling. It was the only way that she knew herself.

The ankle guards kept her seated on the metal bench, with the four other creatures in the same position as her. Growing up on an all human planet still left some unnecessary fears of the alien humanoids and other shapes of species found throughout the galaxy. She had no reason to be afraid, she had worked alongside many species before; generally in the mundane task of retrieving the most expensive looking bits of ships destroyed in long gone attacks. But, work was work. And she needed the money.

The ship pitched from side to side as the FTL was turned down, meaning they had arrived or were quite near to their final destination. A large, solid door slid to the left as a guard or soldier of some sorts walked into holding room. The thing said something in a language which she recognized but had little to no clue what he might have meant. The six armed alien to her right raised one of it's hands. As did the one handed alien in front of her. She felt her hair. Purple. Curiousity.

The alien guard walked up to her, placing a device in her ear. "Am I understandable now?"

Myra nodded.

"Good." He turned his attention towards the entire group, "You have all been charged with crimes against the Imperium. But, due to the lack of severity from the crime, you will not be executed. If you can pay, you can leave. Or, you can pay with your time."

Myra looked to those aliens in front of her. She knew none could pay. Not many scavengers like her could pay even the smallest fine. And all of them were scavengers. How was she to know that the ship they were all digging through was of importance to this galactic empire?

Suddenly, the ship lurched to the side. Then it came to a quick stop. Stopping in the middle of space was never a good sign when on board a prison ship. It meant arrival. Nothing was worse than arrival. Arrival meant her fate was sealed. Her hair turned dark blue, revealing more of her natural dark brown. Her emotions were more firmly in her control.

"Now?" Her transmitter picked up very faintly. The guard looked over at the same direction as she did; the two aliens in front of her had been tittering and whispering the entire trip. At least now she could understand them again. "No." It was the more brutish of the two that replied.

As a light siren beeped, the green lights on her ankle guards turned red and then off completely. Her legs were free. "Now." The alien roared, pouncing on the single guard before more had entered the room. Using it's two lower arms, it crushed the guard's face into the floor, echoing a 'ping' around the hull. The door slid open, to more guards armed with electric batons. A very old school yet effective weapon.

Myra looked down at her ankles. Lights off as well. Concentrating hard amidst all the sound, she funneled energy through her fingertips, letting them tingle lightly as she harnessed and controlled a power she had known since birth. With a soft click, her ankle guards were open. Without a second thought, she dashed towards the only entrance, leaping over a fallen guard and ducking underneath a swinging baton. The electricity hummed as it made contact with the six-armed creature, it's cry of pain ringing in Myra's ears as she through herself out of the doorway onto the main hangar floor. A human, especially one of her size was little threat, compared to the larger creatures in the cell with her. Digging into her pocket, she touched the cool plating of an old pocket-watch. She breathed out a sigh of relief. She still had it. Myra could not even think about what she would do if she ever lost it.

Strolling forward, she looked back at the ship, still floating just above the landing platform, with sounds of battle raging through it. She picked up her pace, heading towards the pack of people, all walking around minding their own business on board this 'recreational' center. She hated crowds, but she was free. Free once again.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri May 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Collective HomStar 1

A living ship? How was such a thing even possible? What kind of organic creature was capable of surviving the harsh void of space unassisted? The Collective as a whole lacked significant knowledge on biology beyond its ability to upload a consciousness into a machine. "I see. In all my years I never encounter a ship such as that. Already this galaxy has us at a loss." He replied, putting the data into the Collective Network for those who wished to read it. It was definitely something that people would have to see to believe, but it was true. Captain Mankara had complimented their fleet and asked what it's purpose was. "Well, we did not know what we would encounter when we made the journey across dark space. So, we brought a considerable fleet to ensure our safety should we encounter any hostilities. We have no intentions of using it beyond ensuring the safety of my people." Shown explained.

He didn't want to sound impatient, but the fact that the captain wasn't giving any information in return was starting to make him a little skeptical. "If you don't mind me asking, how long do you think it will be until you can properly respond?" He asked.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sat May 20, 2017 12:14 am

Institutional convoy

The convoy jumped out of hyperspace as a ship could be visibly seen on fire. "Fire in sector 5, please proceed to your designated evacuation areas." The cold metallic voice called out as personnel could be seen moving around the ship while the fire was being blasted at with chemicals, although almost nothing was being accomplished. "Milady, we need to evacuate this sector, the fire is spreading too fast." A guard said as they ran into Vivian's office away from the stream of people running out.

"Don't worry, th-" Before she could finish, an explosion could be heard as an engineer ran into the office covered in soot, panting. " Sector 5 has blown up, we've lost power to half of the engines." They said before the lights flickered slightly as the ship shook. "Okay it's time to leave." She said as she got up and left her office, followed by the engineer and guard as they made their way to the bridge on sector 1. The large convoy consisted of 5 main ships and a few more medical frigates, although some medium transports could be seen in the inner circle, carrying equipment. A distress signal was then broadcast as the convoy could not move without the ship ready.

"Damage report, now."

" Director, the experimental plasma engines have been damaged and will take a few months to repair, sector 5 and the equipment there need to be replaced and the engines will take at least 4 months to be fully repaired."

"Well let's just hope someone picks us up."
Last edited by Higher Japan on Sat May 20, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat May 20, 2017 7:22 am

Starworld Nasturcane

In the black void of space, the great, massive worldship of Nasturcane floated in utter silence. Home to nearly 30,000 Altaran as well as uncountable robotic servants, it is far from being the greatest of all the Starworlds that wander the galaxy. In fact,it is one of the least. However, Nasturcane boasts the fact that it has the highest percentage of Highborne in its population, having nearly 40% of its people as Highborne. Another thing is that unlike most of their brethren, Nasturcane is not a xenophobic realm. In truth, it embraces all who enter in good faith, something which most of the other Starworlds have suspicions towards. Nevertheless, Starworlds like Altron-Sigma and Cybron often ask for Nasturcane's magical assistance when they have wounded warriors from the wars they fight.

Bridge of the Nasturcane
The Great Highborne mage, Kheltros, sat on his chair, waiting for the rest of the vessels' council to come in. Late as always...

"Lord Kheltros.", a voice said somewhere in the hall. "We have received a distress signal from a convoy."

"Is that so...?", replied the great mage to the robotic voice. "Very well, send a scout fleet to see the situation."

"As you wish, my Lord."

Docks

2 Star Seekers and an Artificier Cruiser launched from the docks, seeking out the distress signal's source. It was not long before they found a damaged convoy.

"Opened a comms channel.", ordered the fleet commander, Lord Pernolian of the cruiser Antrochus. "See if anything's still alive."
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sat May 20, 2017 7:29 am

Home one

The comms crew quickly got to work as they received a signal on the line. The other ships sent a signal that they were fine save for one ship that was severely damaged to the point where the ship was practically immobilized. The main flagship soon sent out a message hastily as it was on the verge of being destroyed. "Send them the message that we're in need of help, and that we need someone to help us repair the entire engines." A message was then sent to the ship that they needed help with almost the entire sector of that very ship.
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat May 20, 2017 7:36 am

Higher Japan wrote:Home one

The comms crew quickly got to work as they received a signal on the line. The other ships sent a signal that they were fine save for one ship that was severely damaged to the point where the ship was practically immobilized. The main flagship soon sent out a message hastily as it was on the verge of being destroyed. "Send them the message that we're in need of help, and that we need someone to help us repair the entire engines." A message was then sent to the ship that they needed help with almost the entire sector of that very ship.

"Repairs you say?", said Pernolian over the line. "Very well! Send the repair drones!", and with that, he stomped his cane, just to emphasize what he wanted. But the helmsman wasn't so keen at first.

"Milord... We have just met them for the first-"

"Shut up you idiot! Just do as you are told!"

"But what if-"

"What did I say? Do it!"

"Uhm, okay, milord."

With their short argument settled, the Artificier Cruiser began sending out repair drones and nanites, which quickly began short work at repairing the damaged flagship.

"Your vessel is now safe, young one. May I know the name of your vessel and its commander?"
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat May 20, 2017 7:38 am

Tedstantium Solar System, Tedstantia
When Alister Tomli got reports from the trade scouts he was estatic. His election was based off of turning the Tedalonian economy into a powerhouse. He orders a trade fleet to head strait to the Collective planets. They did not know much of the collective, so they packed many different resources. From the infamous Tedalonian wines to the Tedalonian diamonds the fleet sets forth to make the trade.

They sent a long range transmission to the Collective colonies. "We are the Tedalonians we are currently on course to make a trade. We wish to negotiate trade and hope to make long term partners. If you wish to not be trade partners with us; that is understandable. We can't wait to see you."
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sat May 20, 2017 7:40 am

Home one

The crew cheered slightly as they saw droids repairing the engines before the director got on the line. The ships then went back into cruising formation as they registered the ships as friendly vessels.

"This is Director Vivian Alexei of the new world institute of science." The comms went to static for a while but then went back on.

"We were passing through this area when our flagship, the now damaged home one had a small accident aboard. We actually have a few more humble request for you, but the reward at the end will be worth it. Do you accept?"
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sat May 20, 2017 7:49 am

"A few more requests?", said Pernolian. "I will ask our Lord first..."

He then opened a comm link to the Great Mage Kheltros, who was now in meeting with the rest of the council.

"What is it, Pernolian?"

"The people we have helped have a few more requests. Should we accept? They say that the reward in the end is worth it."

"Whatever that reward may be, I believe it will help our race live on. Permission granted, Lord Pernolian."

"Thank you Milord."

With that, the commander turned back towards the other channel. "Our Lord has granted me permission to accept your request, and I do accept it."

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sat May 20, 2017 7:53 am

Home one

The crew whispered to each other softly as they did not expect someone to actually accept their request, but they were still happy for the acceptance.

"Director, what are you doing. What do we even have that will be of worth to them." The engineer said, looking mad at her decision.

"We have another plasma engine set yes?"

"No, you can't be serious."

"I am, get the comms channel back on. " She said as the crew then began working to get it on through the damage.

"Very good, our first request is this. You see, we have intel on a location that may prove vital to our research, but however the area is also full of pirates. We would go there ourselves but our guns are not enough. If you can bring us there, and bring us to a safe zone we will transport something we believe is important to you."
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote: Tedstantium Solar System, Tedstantia

Not even an hour after their first contact, they were met by another species, this one who seemed to be more interested in trading than anything else. But that could easily be used to their advantage. If they had any star charts and information on the new galaxy, mostly star charts and the know races, then they could likely at least have some vague idea of what to expect. Since Shovan was busy handling the contact with the other race, Military Commander Jackson stepped up tot he plate. "Greetings Tedalonians. I am Prime Military Commander of the Collective. We would be interested in a trade partnership. We're not native to this galaxy and only recently have just set up. We would be grateful if you had any information that we could use to better establish ourselves. Starcharts and any information on known species would be a great starting point. In exchange, we will, in return, give you 10,000 kilograms of our tungsten titanium alloy, and 5,000 kilograms of platinum." Commander Jackson replied. "If these materials are not valuable, please me know and I will arrange for something of equivalent value."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse