NATION

PASSWORD

Halo: Penumbra (OOC / ON HIATUS)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite Covenant?

• Brute (Jiralhanae)
No votes
• Elite (Sangheili)
54%
• Engineer (Huragok)
4%
• Grunt (Unggoy)
13%
• Hunter (Mgalekgolo)
21%
• Jackal (Kig-Yar)
No votes
• Prophet (San'Shyuum)
No votes
• Skirmisher (T'vaoan)
8%

Total votes : 24

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Finnish Republic wrote:Computer is currently out of action. Treat Matti as an NPC (Without killing him) until I say otherwise.

Cool. I'll take care of getting him to the ground, but after that it's Bei's responsibility:p

Also, I'm debating if I should keep the helmet after the sniper hit it. Wouldn't there still be shrapnel from the needle rifle in it?

It could be repaired, likely, but it'd probably be a safer bet to get a new one. However, keeping it would be a good souvenir.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed May 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Finnish Republic wrote:Computer is currently out of action. Treat Matti as an NPC (Without killing him) until I say otherwise.

Cool. I'll take care of getting him to the ground, but after that it's Bei's responsibility:p

Also, I'm debating if I should keep the helmet after the sniper hit it. Wouldn't there still be shrapnel from the needle rifle in it?

>Needle Rifle
>Impacted Helmet
>Flashbacks to Kat's death

Erm...
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Wed May 03, 2017 7:40 pm

Anowa wrote:
Tayner wrote:Cool. I'll take care of getting him to the ground, but after that it's Bei's responsibility:p

>Needle Rifle
>Impacted Helmet

Erm...

The most tragic yet unexplainable death in the entire Halo series.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed May 03, 2017 7:42 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:
Anowa wrote:>Needle Rifle
>Impacted Helmet

Erm...

The most tragic yet unexplainable death in the entire Halo series.

Her shields weren't up. Either from the broken circuit caused by her lack of helmet, thus having no time to begin their recharge. Or the EMP caused by the nigh point blank glassing.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed May 03, 2017 7:56 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:The most tragic yet unexplainable death in the entire Halo series.

As Anowa said, that cool armor is just as vulnerable as any other with its shields down.

Also, I know at least one person was going to wait until I posted, but note that my next post will be the end of the mission.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed May 03, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Vaktovian Empire wrote:The most tragic yet unexplainable death in the entire Halo series.

As Anowa said, that cool armor is just as vulnerable as any other with its shields down.

Also, I know at least one person was going to wait until I posted, but note that my next post will be the end of the mission.

*Vulnerable to Covie weapons.

It's been stated that the only human weapons getting through Mjolnir's plating are gonna be loaded with AP rounds.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 pm

Anowa wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:As Anowa said, that cool armor is just as vulnerable as any other with its shields down.

*Vulnerable to Covie weapons.

It's been stated that the only human weapons getting through Mjolnir's plating are gonna be loaded with AP rounds.

Explain the M7 and M6C.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed May 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:
Anowa wrote:*Vulnerable to Covie weapons.

Explain the M7 and M6C.

M6 series Magnums fire either SAP-HP (Semi-Armour Piercing-High Penetration) or SAP-HE (Semi Armour Piercing-High Explosive).

And the Caseless ammo the M7 fires has a tungsten core. Therefore it's inherently armour piercing to a degree.

It's explained better in Ghosts of Onyx, during the S-II's raid on New Hope.
Last edited by Anowa on Wed May 03, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Wed May 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

When are you going to post next?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Wed May 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:When are you going to post next?

I was gonna give people some time to post if they wanted to. So far only one person has posted since my last post.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Wed May 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:When are you going to post next?

I was gonna give people some time to post if they wanted to. So far only one person has posted since my last post.

I'll try and get something up

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Wed May 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:I'll try and get something up

No rush or anything.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Wed May 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:I'll try and get something up

No rush or anything.

Only reason I wanted to wait was cause I was having trouble getting the creative juices flowing, but if its the end of mission already I'll figure it out.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Wed May 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:No rush or anything.

Only reason I wanted to wait was cause I was having trouble getting the creative juices flowing, but if its the end of mission already I'll figure it out.

To be fair this was going to be one of the shorter missions (if not the shortest) so post or no post it's fine, and there'll be ample time for character interactions afterwards once we're safely back at Reach.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:Only reason I wanted to wait was cause I was having trouble getting the creative juices flowing, but if its the end of mission already I'll figure it out.

To be fair this was going to be one of the shorter missions (if not the shortest) so post or no post it's fine, and there'll be ample time for character interactions afterwards once we're safely back at Reach.

>We're
Aww, you and I both know that not everyone's gonna make it!
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Quick poll. Is anyone planning to post or should I wrap things up? Final post is ready to go whenever.

Final post of Mission 01 has been posted. Surviving members of Quasar are back aboard the UNSC Salt the Earth and, following a random jump, will be limping back to Reach for repair. My next post will be a slight time skip and will place us on Reach after the ship has been readied for redeployment.

KILLS:
    Grunt Minor x30
    Grunt Major x11
    Grunt Heavy x8

Jackal Minor x6
    Jackal Major x5

Elite Minor x16
    Elite Major x6
    Elite Ultra x1
    Elite Zealot x1

Ghost x3
    Specter x1
    Shadow x1
    Wraith x1

Greater Dmanian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dmanian » Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Will there be a short period of time between the arrival for some onboard interactions before we go into cryo?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri May 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Greater Dmanian wrote:Will there be a short period of time between the arrival for some onboard interactions before we go into cryo?

Up to you. Regardless, my next post is the time skip and you'll be able to keep interacting then.

Umcara
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Umcara » Fri May 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Standing by for drop.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Umcara wrote:Standing by for drop.

You'd be dropping in as the last human on a planet.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Umcara wrote:Standing by for drop.

UNSC is leaving. Paris IV is lost. Mission over. Maybe you can greet some of the people as they arrive back on the ship if so desired.

The next post and time skip is almost done. Will probably post later to get things moving.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm

FILED CLASSIFIED: LEVEL TS [RECIPIENT EYES ONLY]
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR TRANSMISSION WILL RESULT IN FELONY PROSECUTION UNDER PENAL CODE 18 U.N.S.C.C.
[GATHERING, TRANSMITTING, OR LOSING RESTRICTED DEFENSE INFORMATION OR INVENTORY]

DOSSIER ID CODE: O3-404113-321390
[MODIFICATION OR ALTERATION IN ANY FORM WILL LEAD TO PERSECUTION UNDER PENAL CODE 14 U.N.S.C.C. 512]

NAME: Akiyama, Aiko
BIRTHPLACE: Yokohama, Japan, Earth, Sol system
SEX: Female
AGE/DoB: 23 (2526)
FAMILY:
    UNKNOWN

APPEARANCE:
    In terms of appearance, Akiyama is rather average, standing at 6'2'' (188.0cm) and weighing surprisingly more than one would think. Face is pointed with dark eyes, sharp features, and black hair kept just longer than standard regulation. Could be considered attractive if not for her emotional aloofness. Body type is more focused on agility as opposed to raw strength. Pale skin typical of someone confined to starships for a considerable length of time. Pinkie finger is missing on right hand.

PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT:
    // R E D A C T E D //

SPECIALTY: Sniper
BDU DESIGN: Sharpshooter
    Shoulder armor has been removed to decrease weight and increase mobility.
SKILLS:
    + Advanced Training (CLASSIFIED)
    + Calm
    + Intelligent
    + Skilled Marksman
    - Injury to Hand (May Affect Performance)
    - No Leadership Experience
    - Unassertive

PSYCH EVALUATION:
    Trauma in her early childhood has left Akiyama rather detached with her emotions, and at times she can come across as robotic in tone if not outright emotionless, however, this appears to be mostly a facade as the woman cares deeply about many things but simply is unable to confront such feelings. Is the sort to focus solely on her work as opposed to the inner turmoils of her mind. Relied heavily on her childhood friend for support, but following Saikawa's death in 2549 Akiyama has shown clear signs of survivor's guilt, possible depression, and a crisis in faith (faith here referring to the woman's perceived usefulness). Despite this, Akiyama is mentally sound and has since focused her own faults into overcoming perceived obstacles. Cares for the wellbeing of the common soldier and has shown considerable effort in protecting those around her at the cost of personal injury. Working alongside others, as opposed to solo operations, will likely improve her outlook.

BIOGRAPHY:
    / / R E D A C T E D / /

DO NOT REMOVE: Gillian-013
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Posted. The UNSC Salt the Earth has been in drydock for approximately one month on Reach, and all nonessential personnel have been granted shore leave in that time (in case you needed something to do, but note that Aszod is rather removed from civilization). A new division commander has arrived as well and we are currently meeting her.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 08, 2017 10:02 pm

FILED CLASSIFIED: LEVEL TS [RECIPIENT EYES ONLY]
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR TRANSMISSION WILL RESULT IN FELONY PROSECUTION UNDER PENAL CODE 18 U.N.S.C.C.
[GATHERING, TRANSMITTING, OR LOSING RESTRICTED DEFENSE INFORMATION OR INVENTORY]

DOSSIER ID CODE: O3-404113-321390
[MODIFICATION OR ALTERATION IN ANY FORM WILL LEAD TO PERSECUTION UNDER PENAL CODE 14 U.N.S.C.C. 512]

NAME: Flanagen, Olin
BIRTHPLACE: Earth, Sol system
SEX: Male
AGE/DoB: 24 (2525)

APPEARANCE:
    Slim, standing tall at 6'3'' (190.5cm) and weighing considerably less. Built more for speed than raw strength (was a track runner in high school). Eyes are grey; hair is dark and wavy. Lightly tanned skin.

PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT:
    UNSC Dollhouse

PSYCH EVALUATION:
    Arrogant, self-serving, and having little concern for how others perceive him, Flanagen is a sometimes crude individual that constantly skirts the line of acceptable behavior. Lazy, but is good at what he does, his skill alone having kept him from being dishonorably discharged. Constantly flirts with his female coworkers much to their annoyance.

INFO:
    Coming from a wealthy family, Flanagen joined the UNSC Navy if only to escape from home. He would serve aboard the UNSC Dollhouse alongside Robyn Navarro and would follow her to the UNSC Salt the Earth if only to fill a vacant position.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Tue May 09, 2017 8:14 am

Will make a post later. I always get a brainwave whilst at work, but when I sit down at my PC to write something...nothing.
Yo, that's mad.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse