NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Change {IC|OPEN|Sign-Up in OOC}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Age of Change {IC|OPEN|Sign-Up in OOC}

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun May 07, 2017 8:55 am

Click for OOC

Age of Change

"How did we get here? From the chaos and confusion of the Sizaan Bok as described by Diistmindokahdrog; to the Usolokoltuv Bok, a time of settling and founding of order among peoples; to the Lokoltuv Bok, a time when the known world was almost untied completely under the banner of man. Finally we arrive to the now, the Mindinlokoltuv Bok, a time in which the Empire of man has falling apart and the world seems to once again be on the way to returning to the chaos of the Sizaan Bok. The gods are uneasy, and have lost trust in each other. What does the future hold? Will a new powers rise to bring order or will the lands of Niazesh return to the chaos of the Sizaan Bok? Or will the world of mortals be dragged into a war between gods while the Hokziidrog return to this world? I can't say, for the future is clouded even for me. Whatever happens though, it will make an interesting story."
- Ymir, the God of Fate (and other stuff) at the start of the Human Civil War in 3 MB

Arena, Cat Goddess of Discord and stuff
Temple of Dishonor
The Great Steppes
Tiph, 25th of Bylu, 396 MB

"Boring." Arena said as she wandered the halls of the Temple of Dishonor. "Lets see... what to do? Doodle in the Tome of Ymir? Already did that. That was fun. Though, never expected him to over react as he did. Oh, I know maybe I should wake Tha. That would be fun. But then again, Ro would just get even more angry at me..."

She sighed, never had she felt a feeling of boredom such as this.

"Maybe you can stop commenting on my boredom and give me something to do?" She said and looked up to the ceiling waiting for an answer that would not come, "Seriously, you created all this stuff and you can't even give me something to do. How boring. Even the name is boring. Age of Change. How uninspired where you when you made that. And how about my name. Arena. What did you do, just open up a random name generator and pick one at random. Sheesh, maybe put some more thought into things."
Arena was right of course, but that was not the point --

"Yeah yeah. I get it. I'm supposed to be bored, not giving some random guy behind a keyboard a hard time." She said, "You know if you had an idea for a story then maybe you can give me something to do? No. No story idea. Oh that's right, you wanted to give the people behind mortal characters the freedom to make there own story."

A smirk appeared on her face as an idea came to mind, "OH, I know what I'm going to do. This is going to be fun..." she said before leaving the scene and the narrator a little frightened.

Agnimukha Vasuman
Bayikoyunlu, Ra'shiq Sultanate
Ra'shiq Desert

"GET THAT HUMAN!!" One of the Ra'shiq guardsman shouted as a group of them chased a single human man through the streets of Bayikoyunlu. This man was Agnimukha Vasuman, son of Xephine, and a well pain in the rear of most Ra'shiq nobility. Now, why was Agnimukha being chased by angry guards, well, long story short, he may have pissed off a powerful Ra'shiq lord last night when he may or may not have ripped him off. Either way, Agnimukha had his hands quite full.

"How about you let this human go?" Agnimukha said and looked back at the guards before picking up the pace after an arrow whizzed past his ear. "NEVERMIND! It was just a suggestion!"

The chase continued on for a while, until Agnimukha made a few wrong turns, and almost tripping over a cat, he came to a dead end in a rather narrow alleyway. Upon literally running into the dead end, he began looking for an escape as he knew the guards were not far behind.

"No where to run now, human." A guard said as they rounded the corner into the alleyway. "No one makes a fool of our lord."

"Umm... I'm pretty sure that's not right." Agnimukha said as he watched the guards, and finally spotted his way out in the form of a small window, "Cause I'm pretty sure I managed. Anyways, I best get going. Farewell."

Before the guards could react, Agnimukha was diving through the window and into the building. He hit the ground inside the building with a roll before getting up and looking back at a guard who was now stuck in the small window and looking straight at Agnimukha. He simply smirked, gave a mock salute, and opened a door to wander further into the building.
Upon stepping through the door into the heart of the building, Agnimukha was greeted by the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Of course he didn't get to enjoy it for long before he was forced out of the front entrance of the building. He closed the door, with his back against the door just as the blade of a sword could be seen poking out from the inside just above Agnimukha's head.

"Whoa...." Agnimukha said and walked away from the door, trying to fix his clothes and hair, "That was... just wow."

With that Agnimukha faded into the vast masses at the Bayikoyunlu Bazaar.

Mor'dur the Giant
South of Ogun Dhed, Along the Nah River
The Great Steppes

There was shouting. A lot of shouting. That was all that could be heard if someone was to approach the warband that had made its camp along the Nah River. Why was there so much shouting coming from this specific warband's camp. Well, you could call it early morning entertainment. In fact, some over confident Orc from Qozoz Ghuz decided it was a good idea to challenge this specific warband's warlord to a duel. The foolish Orc thought he could stand up against the son of Zoysus, the mighty Mor'dur the Giant.

"FACE ME!" The unlucky challenger shouted as he stood in the centre of a makeshift ring surrounded by very excited Orc warriors. A single cat could be seen sitting on a nearby ledge. "Let's see this Mor'dur the Giant. How tough can he be?"

Through the crowd a single figured could be seen approaching, mainly due to the fact that it towered over the other Orcs, and that Orcs were making way for the figure. When the figure stepped in the ring, the challenger had suddenly seemed to be at a lost of words.

"Who dares to challenge Mor'dur?" Mor'dur said and lifted the Hammer of Zoysus over his shoulder. The hammer was a large weapon, and usually would need two hands to wield. However, Mor'dur was capable of holding it as if it was only a simple mace. The challenger stood there for a moment before pulling his axe out. "I, Ogruac, dare to."

Mor'dur looked down on the challenger and nodded, "Very well. Come at me."

The challenger shouted and charged at Mor'dur. The battle ended then and there. Before the challenger could get close enough to land a hit on Mor'dur, Mor'dur swung the Hammer of Zoysus and made a direct hit. All that was left of the challenger in the ring was his lower half.

"That was disappointing." Mor'dur said to himself before looking to his followers, "Mor'dur claims victory again!"

The warriors began shouting once again, to which Mor'dur simply raised an arm signaling for silence.

"Tonight, we feast. Tomorrow, we take Qozoz Ghuz"

The camp was once again a blaze with shouts from the warriors, excited for the opportunity of
battle. The warband would march to war.

Nahlonsikkendaar
In a forest East of Aerilon, Azemar Territory
Juskouria

It was quiet. Normally Nahlonsikkendaar would like that, but there was something eerie about this silence. Might have been the fact that a nearby village had reported strange sounds coming from the forest, or maybe it was the obvious lack of sound of any animal. Nahlonsikkendaar stood in a small clearing for a moment and focused on his surroundings.

Nothing. he thought as he reached for his bag, Not even a breeze. Therefore, either demonic creature or very powerful monster...

He pulled out a single stone from his bag and threw it into the air, "Koraavut." He spoke and the rune activated. He closed his eyes and focused. If there was anything that would point toward what was in the forest, he'd be able to feel it soon.

Umm... he thought, turned around and opened his eyes, Coming to me are you?

Nahlonsikkendaar reached for his blade, and pulled it just as a rather large Daemon jumped from the tree line. It was monkey like in shape and movement, with rather sharp claws that Nahlonsikkendaar had to jump back from. The Daemon began to circle him.

Single Daemon. Nahlonsikkendaar thought and started to circle the Daemon, This should be easy.

The Daemon came at Nahlonsikkendaar. Nahlonsikkendaar repelled the Daemons attack, and made a swing of his own. The Daemon jumped out of the way, and Nahlonsikkendaar reached

into his bag, and threw a rock at the Daemon.

"Gron." Nahlonsikkendaar said and the stone exploded into magic chains, which wrapped around the Daemon to hold it in place. The Daemon struggled as the Draken approached. He pulled out another stone and placed it on the Daemon's head. He brought his sword down on the stone a spoke a single word. "Fustir."

With that the Daemon disappeared with a scream and into a black mist. The chains disappeared and Nahlonsikkendaar sheathed his blade. He turned and took flight, leaving the forest, heading for Aerilon.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun May 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Olivia D'elle
Campsite
Ra'Shiq Desert

Another day. Another failure. She hadn't expected this particular slimy dealer to actually have anything worth paying gold for, but his trinket had been more sophisticated than what she'd seen before. Still, she'd worked it out before she'd actually handed him anything. In hindsight, his intentions were more obvious and it had been a surprisingly long chase before she'd been forced to expend one of her soulbound Jorogumo to subdue the pickpocket, and Olivia had needed to render her unconscious in order to retrieve her money. It had been a shame, but the girl would recover soon enough, even if she didn't receive any medical attention.

You should have killed her.

The voice slithered through her mind and she failed to suppress a wince as it cut through her thoughts like a knife. Her mind wasn't fully regimented again, and her thoughts were susceptible to the whisperings of the Daemons bound into her very being. It was something she didn't like to consider, but it was a fact that she was going to have to come to grips with: when her thoughts were at their most scattered, she was going to have to contend most vigorously with the voices which slithered through the back of her mind. Fingers biting into her palm she brought her thoughts forcibly back into line, red liquid welling up around her fingers.

It would have been so easy.

It was a moment before she reacted to the blood on her fingers. Flicking them several times, she let the blood drip down before wiping her fingers on the floor. The red smear caught Serian's attention and his own fingers dragged through the soil, crumbling it slowly and letting it fall out of his hand and back to the ground. For a moment, the Daemon revealed its teeth in what could have been described as a grin in something with a true soul. Turning its face towards her, Olivia felt the power hidden underneath the thin veneer of control which she had spun over the Daemon. It was not a pleasant sensation.

"You harm yourself to drown out my brethren." It rumbled, amusement colouring its voice, "And yet you chose to bind them and take their souls for yourself."

"It is necessary." Olivia said tersely, "I have no control over myself - over the world around me - without it."

"And it is necessary for you to control the world around you." The Daemon stated bluntly. The conversation was one which the two had trod out dozens of times beforehand and the words were well-worn.

"If not, then I will be controlled." Olivia sighed, "And I cannot allow that."

"Because you must carve out your legacy."

"Yes."

There was a slow silence between the two of them as Olivia pulled out a handful of dried berries and slowly began to chew on them. The sun was low in the sky, its waning beams beating down on her as she pulled restlessly at her loose, native, clothes. She'd long since given up on wearing her armour in this desert, even if she was in the middle of combat. And, as she heard the first howl from the Daemons congregating around her, she smiled grimly. That was another reason that she no longer wore armour - if there was someone here who could deal with her coterie, armour would hardly do her any good.

"It is odd that such places exist." Serian said, gesturing to the water glittering barely five metres from where they were sitting, "Water amongst the hot, dry sand."

"And yet, I am thankful for it." Olivia shrugged, "With phenomena such as this, I will gladly accept that they happen in return for the services they provide me."

The Daemon laughed once more, the sand around it jumping madly as it did so. Raising her hand to shield her eyes from the leaping grains, Olivia narrowed her eyes at her servant.

"What is so funny?" She asked, voice low.

"That is how you view all things, is it not?" Serian replied, fangs bared, "You tolerate their existence in return for the services they provide you."

The only reply was the baying of the Daemons as the stalked around the edge of the oasis, and the renewed, booming laughter of the Doom Crier.
Last edited by Spindle on Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 07, 2017 1:02 pm

Celio Bianco
On the way to Aeston

A rather weirdly looking boy was walking on a road on the river Wyk, heading for the city of Aeston. The road seemed to be empty for now, with no other travelers in sight, and as such, there was no one there to wonder about the boy's strange appearance. His clerical like robe made him look slightly like a priest, even if the light armor beneath was at least somewhat weird. And the big scythe that he was holding in his right hand clearly showed that he wasn't here to preach anything, with its black handle, the blood red blade that was slightly shining in the light of the sun, and the magical symbols encrusted over it. But perhaps the weirdest thing about him was, well, that he was a human boy. He had a messy, light gray hair, a pale skin, and dark gray eyes, and his youth greatly contrasted with his attire. His juvenile appearance reduced the threatening way in which a person dressed and equipped like that would have normally been perceived like.

And that was probably the reason for why not before long, three people wearing mantles and hoods appeared from the woods nearby. They followed the boy for a while, even if other people were now in sight. Of course, the clothing of the boy wasn't shouting out his profession, so people weren't going to realize what he was from the beginning, but it was enough to ensure that no one would have jumped to his rescue. And once they realized that the boy was indeed traveling alone, the three bandits suddenly rushed forward, surrounding him, while the group of merchants nearby simply continued to walk, not wishing to get into any trouble. The boy remained quiet, as the leader of the three pointed the tip of a sharp sword at him. "Come on, little boy. Give us all your money, and we'll just go on our separate ways." For a moment, the boy seemed to try to fight back, but the second bandit stopped his vague attempt of moving his scythe with what seemed to be an axe. The boy moved his left hand to try to invoke a spell, while the third bandit took out what looked to be a dagger, only to mask a similar intent. And with that, the four people there remained stuck in a pretty tense situation.

And while this would have looked like a normal robbery attempt to anyone looking at it..the boy quickly realized the truth, as he prepared himself to fight with the three bounty hunters.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Tue May 09, 2017 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Charlotte
Somewhere outside Paethsmouth

She couldn't feel her legs.

Each step was automatic, no conscious choice telling her to keep moving, keep running. She was propelled forward by her own momentum, nothing more--and even that was failing. Her muscles burned(but she barely realized). She hadn't had to exert herself this much in... oh, how long had it been, how long? She couldn't even remember. Her head was spinning, the world turning around her as her body finally started to give up. She didn't have much time to realize what was happening, but it was enough. She let the little girl she'd been holding down(never had she been so thankful for the younger one's abnormally small stature) and looked back.

She couldn't see anything. Had she gone far enough? The blood staining her fingers almost seemed to speak(no, she hadn't, she'd never be able to run away from what she'd done)...

...but I...

She blinked, and realized that there wasn't any blood there after all. Of course not. She'd cleaned herself up before running. Mara would've been scared if she'd seen the older girl covered in dripping red(not that she wasn't scared anyway, but it was better this way, better that she never know).

She was on the ground... when had that happened? She blinked again, trying to clear her vision, and saw nothing but blue for a moment. That was odd. Normally when she started losing her sight it was either black or white--after the fact she was never really sure what she'd seen at the time--but blue was an entirely new color. For a moment, she realized how strange it was that she was thinking about such a thing, until her vision cleared somewhat and she realized that she was looking at Mara's worried eyes.

The girl was saying something. She couldn't figure out what it was, she was never sure what was said when she was like this. That had always been a blessing before. But she wanted to hear now, she wanted to know what Mara was trying to tell her.

Her eyes closed, and she realized that she'd failed. She was on the verge of unconsciousness, and as much as she tried to tell her body to wake up, as much as she screamed in her mind that she couldn't just leave a little girl alone for who knew how long before she woke up again, the emptiness still wouldn't go away.

...sorry, she thought, but couldn't make the word leave her mouth. I really did try.

Ouna, please... please keep her safe... I can't... I...

Please...

And then, there was nothing.

Nothing disturbed the stillness around the fallen woman, save the frightened cries of the little girl she had come so far to protect.

And in her mind, there was only hated darkness.
Alyss Hartryne
Bayikoyunlu

"Remind me, please, why I did that?" the dark-haired girl asked absolutely no one, and, as expected, received a response from absolutely no one. That wasn't to say she was being ignored. Alyss Hartryne was never ignored, at least when she was in a populated area. Whether it was her wings or her style of dress(although she knew full well that no one who was looking at her for that was actually looking at her clothing), something was always drawing attention to her.

She would have said she liked it that way; unfortunately, she'd had a good while to learn that what she wanted and what she received were two very different things.

The only thing that had kept her on the path she walked was the knowledge that if she gave up, if she accepted the truth of the matter and dealt with life accordingly, it would have meant that everything she had done was for nothing.

And that was one thing that she just could not accept.

So she continued walking, adding a side glance here or a smirk there, playing the people she made eye contact with like fiddles. It was easy, really, what with how many vices people had. She just happened to take advantage of one of the most common ones.

Was it worth it?

That was a question she never asked herself.

After all, you shouldn't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to.
Calliope Starshine
Outside of Aeston

"No, really, do you think I need to sharpen my swords again? I just did that earlier today. You're such a perfectionist."

Calliope wasn't exactly talking to anyone, unless the glowing orb that floated by her side counted as a person.

How she considered that a conversational partner was anyone's guess, really.

"I do not let them get dull! That wouldn't be useful at all! If you keep being annoying, I won't let you follow me anymore!"

What was she doing?

Wandering.

That tended to be her style, and the Order of Ouna had sort of given up on trying to rein her in. She still killed as many demons as she could, when she came across them, at least, and gave whatever help she could, so it wasn't as if she was compromising her usefulness. Besides, when people did try to keep her in one place for too long, if they refused to let her leave when she wanted to...

Her oddness tended to go to full-on madness.

"What's that? You--" She froze, and reached back towards her blades. "Hang on..."

Four people, appearing to be in a rather sticky situation. That didn't exactly look good... and one of them looked rather like a young boy.

She would have thought he could have taken care of himself(that scythe looked dangerous), but there seemed to be a stalemate going on.

Maybe the addition of a new player would help?

She let her hands fall back down to her sides, and in almost a blink went back to her normal, carefree, and slightly airheaded demeanor.

"Hey hey," she interrupted, walking calmly up to the four. "What's up? Having a staring contest, or what?" She waved her hand in front of one of the men's eyes, laughing. "Can I join? You seem to be enjoying it. I think it looks boring, but who knows? Maybe it's more fun than it looks. So what do you say, will you let me in on this?"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun May 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

"Umm... Looks good." Agnimukha said to himself as he looked over the fruit stall. He picked through the fruit until he found one to his liking. "I think I'll take... this one. This looks good don't you think?"

He smirked and payed the fruit vendor before walking away. After a few minutes, he turned a corner, only to see guards walking through the Bazaar, obviously looking for someone, and that someone could have easily been him. When this came to mind, Agnimukha ducked back around the corner and began running again.

Really... I might have to skip town again. Agnimukha thought as he made his way through the crowd, not really paying attention to the faces in the crowd. And I was just starting to like this place... Oh well.

It didn't take long for Agnimukha to run into trouble. He turned a corner, and found himself once again face to face with a pair of guards. Upon seeing him, they started to approach him, to which he responded to by running off in the opposite direction. After a while of dodging people and lots of shouting, Agnimukha managed to lose the guards. However, he was not aware of this, so he kept running. He kept running until he was forced to stop.

The force that stopped him was that of him running straight into another person, a woman. The force of running into the unsuspecting passerby knocked both the woman and Agnimukha to the ground. Agnimukha was lucky enough though to avoid landing in an awkward position by falling backwards, and on to his butt.

"Oooo..." Agnimukha said as he slowly stood up, "Sorry about that."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun May 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Luna, Somewhere near Aeston

For a long time, Luna had been traveling on her own. She'd foraged her own food, made her own camps, and had no problem drinking from the water sources she found. She could even make her own, if she really needed to. Ice could melt, after all, and she found herself nearly enjoying her solitude. It was only when stragglers noticed her that they ran in fear, her horns, her wings, and her tail being horribly infamous. Not specifically to her, but to her species. Even if it did momentarily make her feel bad, it only reaffirmed her need to complete her mission; to become a hero. Which...brings us to right now. While Luna often flew long distances, today she decided to take a stroll and use her feet. It was a nice day, anyway, especially to be wandering about a forest.

Her feet crunched on the twigs and leaves, and the sound made her smile. The birds tweeting, the trees rustling with the wind...and the distant threat of someone grumbling for money. Her ears perked at the sound and her smile faded; she flew into the sky to get a better view from the treetops. It was there that she spotted the commotion, one that a white-haired girl seemed to have interrupted only now. Three men had their weapons at a boy's throat, that of whom looked around her age. Argh, this is horrible! She thought, looking at the situation with worry. I'd better do something about it...

And then, gently, she landed behind the five of them, and while she'd been wearing a hood, it quickly floated from her head to reveal her horns. Her wings only slightly peered from under the hem of the hood, but her light blue tail swung about. It was clear what race she was, and she didn't look too happy, either. "Ehem, excuse me...I don't really think that's very nice of you to do to that poor boy!" She pointed out, before the three men were incased in a shell of ice up to their necks, rendering them with a lack of mobility. Her smile returned and she clasped her hands together. "Now that that's solved, I think you three should run along! Get a job, perhaps, and get some money then! I know plenty of human cities would welcome work from strong, young men like you all!" She said before she pushed their icy bodies away from the boy, and offered her hand to him, ignoring the white-haired girl nearby. "Are you alright? Seemed like a sticky situation...good thing I stepped in before things got bad!" She giggled a little, and waited for him to take her hand, her tail swinging about gently.

Beowulf, near the perimeter of Paethsmouth

He was hungry; that was all he could think about. Besides the crunching of his feet on the grass, the shifty sound of his clothes rubbing against each other, or the squeak of his boots, all he could hear was his growling stomach. It was an awful, gnawing sensation, but he'd grown used to it by now. How couldn't he be? The kind people that offered him food were dwindling, and more and more people were shooing him away as a simple orphan child with no home. Sometimes, they were so cruel, he could almost be tempted to cry...but he didn't. He held it in. It would do nothing to cry. It wouldn't change what they thought of him...so here he was. Traveling once more, to the next city, in hopes that maybe someone would be willing to help. If he knew how to hunt, he'd probably be fine...but at ten, with no father to teach him, he was worthless in that respect. At the very least, he had water. It didn't change his hunger, though.

Not to mention, he had no friends. He had no one to talk to, no one to keep him company. He was lonely out in the wilderness, and most other travelers simply passed him by. Some even acted like he didn't exist, and while it bothered him, he did nothing to fix it. While there were many negatives to his situation, he could atleast travel and see anything he wanted to...he wasn't tied down to anyone or anything. He could see everything, if he dreamed it. And it was probably then that, in the distance, he saw the fiery red hair of a girl that looked only slightly younger than him. His heart leaped...A friend! He thought excitedly, atleast until he realized that she was screaming. Something was wrong. With a frown, he quickly ran to where she stood, and the closer he got, the more he could see the situation. A woman was lying unconscious on the ground, with the same red hair. Her mother. He thought, and he bit back the jealousy. Now wasn't the time for that. Now was the time to help a person in need. "What's wrong?" He asked, slinging his bag to the ground as he knelt next to the woman and made sure he could hear her heartbeat. "What happened?" He looked to the girl, Mara. "Do you know?"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"Sorry about that."
Alyss Hartryne
Bayikoyunlu

Alyss's eyes widened slightly, and she covered her embarrassment with a laugh. "Oh, there's no need to apologize," she said flippantly, rising to her feet with ease. "Some people are into that sort of thing, I'm rather used to it by now. It's nice of you to be considerate, though. I don't meet many gentlemen."

She flicked her eyes up and down, taking in the person who'd knocked her over and ignoring the multiple pairs of eyes on her as she straightened her dress. He seemed to be younger than her, but she had already guessed that much.

"I can't help but wonder why you're in such a hurry, though," she mused, tapping her chin with one long finger as if deep in thought. "I certainly hope you're not in some sort of trouble. It'd be a pity for a nice young man like you to be locked up--it'd almost be a guarantee that you wouldn't come out the same, after all. So how about it, what brought you my way in such a rush?"
Castle Crashers wrote:"Are you alright? Seemed like a sticky situation...good thing I stepped in before things got bad!"
Calliope Starshine
Outside Aeston

"..."

Calliope blinked.

"You're rude," she said flatly. "I'm here too."

And I don't like being ignored, she added in her mind. Don't ignore me. Pay attention to me, too! Look at me, too! LOOK AT ME, WHY DON'T YOU--

She coughed, shaking her head for a moment as if trying to shake the thoughts out of it.

I hate it when that happens.
Castle Crashers wrote:"What's wrong?"
Mara

As soon as Mara realized someone else was there, she looked up from where she'd been shaking the fallen woman and stared at the boy. "She fell," she said, and then realized that that was, perhaps, unhelpful. "She's always tired an' she ran all the way here an' she fell over an' now she won't wake up."

Mara had never seen someone who was unconscious before. She hadn't seen many people at all, really. She did know that Charlotte was tired often, though, because she'd seen the woman leaning against the wall to support herself after she stood up, and sometimes not even being able to stay upright then... and when she'd asked what was wrong, she'd always received a thin smile and the reassurance that Charlotte was fine...

"I'm just... really tired right now. Don't worry about it, okay?"

But Mara had worried. And when Charlotte had found her, looking like a hunted animal, and said that they had to go, right now, when before that they'd never left the house, she'd worried more. As Charlotte's steps faltered and her breathing grew ragged, Mara had begged to be allowed to walk on her own, so the older girl wouldn't have to carry her--but Charlotte had refused.

And now she wouldn't wake up, no matter what Mara did.

"Please make her wake up," she begged, tears beading in her eyes. "I'm scared."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun May 07, 2017 6:24 pm

Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

"Well, your only in trouble if you get caught. As for the rush..." Agnimukha said as a few guards rounded a near by corner. Shit... I need to get out of here... but how... he thought and took a quick look around before stopping with his gaze on Alyss. Hopefully this will work.

He stepped beside the winged woman and turned so that they couldn't see his face, "How about we talk about this somewhere else? Less public. Sound good to you? I promise I'm not planning anything shifty."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

"Well, your only in trouble if you get caught. As for the rush..." Agnimukha said as a few guards rounded a near by corner. Shit... I need to get out of here... but how... he thought and took a quick look around before stopping with his gaze on Alyss. Hopefully this will work.

He stepped beside the winged woman and turned so that they couldn't see his face, "How about we talk about this somewhere else? Less public. Sound good to you? I promise I'm not planning anything shifty."
Hiding his face... and at the same time talking like that... Oh, I don't even know what he's trying to say! Still, I can cover both possibilities with one move...

"You might want to breathe," she warned, and gave him a second after that before kissing him, hard, and starting to draw him back and away from the guards.

If this is an escape plan, then this should work fine. Most people with a Y chromosome would be too busy wishing they were in his place to actually pay attention to him. Then again, if I misjudged him so quickly, then this should also work out just fine...

So, I've done well enough for now. Asking questions can come later.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun May 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:"Are you alright? Seemed like a sticky situation...good thing I stepped in before things got bad!"
Calliope Starshine
Outside Aeston

"..."

Calliope blinked.

"You're rude," she said flatly. "I'm here too."

And I don't like being ignored, she added in her mind. Don't ignore me. Pay attention to me, too! Look at me, too! LOOK AT ME, WHY DON'T YOU--

She coughed, shaking her head for a moment as if trying to shake the thoughts out of it.

I hate it when that happens.
Castle Crashers wrote:"What's wrong?"
Mara

As soon as Mara realized someone else was there, she looked up from where she'd been shaking the fallen woman and stared at the boy. "She fell," she said, and then realized that that was, perhaps, unhelpful. "She's always tired an' she ran all the way here an' she fell over an' now she won't wake up."

Mara had never seen someone who was unconscious before. She hadn't seen many people at all, really. She did know that Charlotte was tired often, though, because she'd seen the woman leaning against the wall to support herself after she stood up, and sometimes not even being able to stay upright then... and when she'd asked what was wrong, she'd always received a thin smile and the reassurance that Charlotte was fine...

"I'm just... really tired right now. Don't worry about it, okay?"

But Mara had worried. And when Charlotte had found her, looking like a hunted animal, and said that they had to go, right now, when before that they'd never left the house, she'd worried more. As Charlotte's steps faltered and her breathing grew ragged, Mara had begged to be allowed to walk on her own, so the older girl wouldn't have to carry her--but Charlotte had refused.

And now she wouldn't wake up, no matter what Mara did.

"Please make her wake up," she begged, tears beading in her eyes. "I'm scared."

Beowulf, somewhere near Paethsmouth

Analyzing what the girl had said, Wulf thought for a moment. From what he could gather, she'd probably overworked herself. Exhaustion. He wouldn't be surprised; it sounded like she ran a pretty far distance, especially when carrying a child of Mara's size. He was surprised she'd even made it this far. He sat back on his behind, leaning his arms on his knees. He then rubbed a hand over his forehead as he tried to think some more. He'd been silent for a little bit, he realized, and the girl was probably only getting more worried. "I don't think we can really do much besides wait, she probably just needs rest..." He said, before a thought struck him. A terrible, horrible thought. He didn't want to be bothered about trying to take care of a screaming, crying girl, though, and this was probably the only viable option at the moment. "...I suppose I can try something, but it might not be the nicest thing." He frowned. "and you're gonna have to take a few steps back...would that be okay? It should only take a second...if it works. If not, we'll consider other options."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun May 07, 2017 6:58 pm

Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

Wait... What's happening? Agnimukha thought as the strange woman, who'd he'd just met, started kissing him. If he said that he didn't enjoy it, he would be lying. How could he not help enjoying the fact that some random, but not bad looking woman, just started to kiss him. He couldn't help but notice the guards as they just simply walked past, not bothering to look in his direction. Ah... I see. Kissing in public makes people uncomfortable, and as such they over look it... Clever.

Once they passed, Agnimukha started to wriggle his way out of the kiss. "A little more warning next time." He said and shook his head as he slipped into an alley and avoided looking straight at Alyss, "Thanks by the way. Thanks for helping me lose those guards. Though, there were other ways... Not that it was bad... That said, thanks."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:"...I suppose I can try something, but it might not be the nicest thing." He frowned. "and you're gonna have to take a few steps back...would that be okay? It should only take a second...if it works. If not, we'll consider other options."
Mara

Mara looked at the taller boy inquisitively, but moved back as he requested. "If you can wake her up, then okay," she said with a tiny nod. "She... She hasn't ever done this before... She falls over sometimes but she never does anything like this... Please wake her up, please make her be okay..."
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"A little more warning next time." He said and shook his head as he slipped into an alley and avoided looking straight at Alyss, "Thanks by the way. Thanks for helping me lose those guards. Though, there were other ways... Not that it was bad... That said, thanks."
Alyss Hartryne
Bayikoyunlu

"I did," Alyss said flatly. "I told you to breathe. And you're welcome, although it's not like it's the first time I've pulled a stunt like that. But most of the other times I did something like that, I ended up killing the person myself, so you'd better have a good reason as to why you were running away from them. Otherwise, I'll either drag you back by the scruff of your neck or just end you here and now."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun May 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:"...I suppose I can try something, but it might not be the nicest thing." He frowned. "and you're gonna have to take a few steps back...would that be okay? It should only take a second...if it works. If not, we'll consider other options."
Mara

Mara looked at the taller boy inquisitively, but moved back as he requested. "If you can wake her up, then okay," she said with a tiny nod. "She... She hasn't ever done this before... She falls over sometimes but she never does anything like this... Please wake her up, please make her be okay..."

Beowulf, somewhere near Paethsmouth

Getting the approval from the girl, he sighed and pushed himself back up onto his knees. He rubbed his hands together, and looked at the older woman with a grimace. I'm sorry... He wished he could tell her. But this is for your daughter. He closed his eyes, then, and focused on the woman in his mind. He imagined pain. Nothing too crazy, He reminded himself, Just enough to wake her. Now, focus...concentrate...concentrate on your breathing, on the girl, on what you want her to feel... It was a quote, really, from the old sorcerer he'd learned from. He'd taught him the trick. Then, it happened. For him, it was as simple as sweaty palms or his heart skipping a beat or two. For her, it was the pain of being slapped, or maybe even punched in the face, a burning sensation from deep within her being. It was not an external pain. It was deep, internal. It was uncomfortable, and it probably hurt, atleast a little. He steadied the pain for a good minute or two, and when he opened his eyes, the pain would stop has he lost his focus. Then, he waited for some kind of response...if there was one.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:Now, focus...concentrate...concentrate on your breathing, on the girl, on what you want her to feel...
Charlotte
Somewhere outside of Paethsmouth

She wasn't sure if the total darkness was a blessing, or a curse.

Darkness had never meant anything good before, but at the same time, wasn't it better to just wait, drifting in the herald of pain, than to truly feel the pain?

None of these thoughts truly crossed her mind, of course. Her mind was empty.

Until the pain started.

It wasn't like the pain she was--not 'used to', never 'used to', but familiar with--and for that very reason, it was almost welcome.

It didn't hurt as much. But it was enough to draw her mind out of the blackness, and push it back into existence where she was supposed to be. Once the emptiness was filled with something, she awoke, and her eyes opened.

She'd expected to see Mara.

Instead she saw a boy she didn't recognize, and felt fear. Not for herself, but for the little girl she'd tried so hard to protect. "Where's Mara?" she demanded, trying to sit up and failing as dizziness overwhelmed her again. "Where is she?!"

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun May 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Aseela Zakaria

The Ra'shiq Desert

A lone figure was visible trotting through the dunes of the desert, seemingly unfazed by the heat of the sun or concerned with its lowering figure in the sky. Soon, the deserts temperature would begin to drop and Aseela would continue on as usual. Covering up, although sensible would not be typical of Aseela, who instead preferred to showcase the body that Aogi had surely blessed with voluptuous curves and an alluring figure. At most, she would continue to don her scarf which she often wore on a daily basis. Behind her, trekked three Ra'shiq warriors of her choosing; all zealots of Aogi. Present was a slim man who carried a bow on his back, shirtless and covered in purple tattoos covering his torso and neck. In addition were two other female Ra'shiq, dressed in only similar garments to Aseela, or lack of to be precise. Even for the desert and culture of the Ra'shiq nomads, the choice of attire was surely scandalous in most foreign cities, but not to the Slavers, and cultists of Aogi to boot.

"We give ourselves unto the Mistress of Pleasure in this hour of solitude. As we journey in peace, we must remain ever vigilant, and be prepared to act whenever our Mistress demands it of us. Her being, infinitely supreme to our own is our purpose in life, to serve her whims and act as instruments of her will. In doing so, we elevate ourselves above the infidels of this world who seek solace in their false Gods. They repress their desires and in doing so only harm themselves. We, are forever superior by acknowledging our depravity and giving ourselves unto it. This acceptance of our true selves only serves to make us stronger in all ways." Aseela preached as she walked among the desert, not too far away from the Raiding Party as it trailed behind by about four miles. Her bodyguards, and 'partners' when the time called for it listened eagerly

"The Succubi and Incubi, her messengers have rewarded us diligently for our service and dedication to our Mistress. Our clan thrives thanks to our embrace of our decadence." Aseela happily recalled the last time a Succubus had visited the camp only three nights ago. A caravan leaving Al-Fawia after conducting trade there had been ambushed by the Slavers, intent on making a nice profit of the human caravan's belongings and the humans themselves. Most were captured and brought to Al-Fawia once more to be auctioned on the Slave market. Others that had been chosen would serve as worthy sacrifices to Aogi, or join the Slavers in their hedonistic worship. Throughout the night, fair maidens and handsome lads were bled dry on the makeshift altar constructed, while the Slavers engaged in sinful debauchery up until the summoning of the Succubus. Aseela could scarcely recall a more beautiful or enticing creature, but with her own inhibitions and self-control practically destroyed thanks to no shortage of alcohol and sexual bliss, she had a hard time remembering the later parts of the night. It mattered little, as it would surely return in time. What mattered most was the words of the Succubus, alluring and exciting as she promised that Aogi truly favored them and their devotion.

"What is that?" One of the Ra'shiq females spoke, snapping Aseela out of her reverie. In the distance, a lone figure among the Oasis that the Slavers often visited for the purpose of making camp. An opportunity perhaps. A sacrifice? A convert? A slave? Who knew what this individual would be this time.

"A stranger my dear. I do believe it would be terribly rude not to introduce ourselves." Aseela grinned, her bodyguards taking on a similar albeit more malicious grin as they understood her intent.

"As you command Mistress." The trio referred to the Priestess respectfully, and so continued to trot towards Olivia.
Last edited by Imperial--japan on Sun May 07, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon May 08, 2017 5:45 am

Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

Okay... Think about this carefully... Agnimukha thought as he took a step back and took his time to examine the situation. There was a woman, with wings, threatening to kill him if he didn't give her a good reason not to. Of course, she likely didn't know his secret, and he figured that if he needed to, frying her would be relatively easy. His surroundings weren't that useful for escape. No windows to dive threw, no doors to run through. No other ways out of the alley. Blasting off wasn't an option either. Wings meant flight, which meant if he tried to escape by propelling himself upwards, she'd be able to follow. With no means of escape, Agnimukha had one option, the truth, and hope that he wouldn't need to defend himself.

"Wellll... Funny story." Agnimukha said and scratched the back of his head as he chuckled, "I may, or may not have pissed off a local lord when I may or may not have technically ripped them off. Honestly, he obviously over reacted. Like come on, it was just enough to buy food for a few days, not like he needed it."

Arena, Cat Goddess of Discord and stuff
Near Aeston, Amaurri Territory
Juskouria

Little did the three, and bandits for that matter know, but they were being watched. Up a near by tree Arena was sitting on a branch, chuckling to herself and grinning madly. Normally, she'd send Tricksters to mess with mortals, however -

"I was bored." She said, "You know, when you explain to much you make things boring. I was bored, so now I'm going to mess with these three, and the bandits. Honestly, you three really like the less realistic images. Like seriously, what's the big deal with those big eyes? Also, you, name starts with a Ch and ends in an arlia, reusing character names? Come on, are you as uninspired as the guy whose currently face palming due to my expert fourth wall breaking. Now, back to business... What to do... Umm..."

She looked back to the three unlucky mortals, "Well, technically only one is unlucky. Calliope, misfortune is her middle name, and a member of the Order of Ouna. Selah, a hybrid, no even better a bastard hybrid technically, uses fire and ice magic... Ummm connection to a Song of Fire and Ice maybe.... And finally, Celio, a little necromancer... Not much to say about him. So, what to do? Should I just let them carry on happily.... Nah. Maybe I'll summon up a Graag Qo Wyvern... Nah, I'm not that mean... I'll just do this."

With that she snapped her fingers, turned into a reddish colored cat, jumped down from the tree, and ran in between the three mortals and the bandits and then into nearby bushes. The forest went silent long enough for the three to notice, if they were paying attention that was. Something was on its way, and it would arrive soon.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Mon May 08, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon May 08, 2017 6:29 am

Celio Bianco
Somewhere on the way to Aeston

For a few good moments, the gray haired boy was really angry with himself. This entire situation had begun because of his negligence. This region.. it reminded him of a lot of things. Had he not been daydreaming, then those three bounty hunters would have never managed to corner him like that. But he could have never imagined that he was going to be attacked in such a place. And the situation in which he was stuck right now.. it was pretty dangerous. Under normal circumstances, he would have been more than able to fight those three, without any problems. But the presence of a wizard among them ensured that any of his attempts to fight back with magic would have most likely ended in all of them being hurt, and the scythe was extremely impractical in really close combat situations. He would have never managed to react in time before the other two would be able to use their weapons. And hoping that someone would help him.. that was foolish. He knew better than to hope for something like that.

That is why, just when he was prepared to risk everything in a rather desperate that should have combined a swift move of his scythe with some fire magic... someone approached them. A white haired woman, from the looks of it. Her sudden appearance shocked all four of them, especially since she seemed to want to join the fight. The three bounty hunters were clearly pretty confused, but the gray eyed boy that she was probably just another bounty hunter or something. There was still no way for him out of this.. even if he was ready to use the confusion to his advantage. But the presence of four enemies changed his plans a little..summoning a demon would have probably evened the odds a little..

And then, out of the blue, someone else appeared, interrupting them again. Something landed behind them, and all of them quickly realized that she was no human. She, because it seemed to be a girl, was at least half Draken, from how it looked like, with horns, and wings, and.. a tail? And just when the boy thought that he couldn't be more confused than how he was right now..the girl used her ice magic to constrict the movements of the three bounty hunters. The boy didn't even manage to run away like he had planned to, as the girl gave the three "bandits" a small lecture, before she offered her hand to him, completely ignoring the white haired girl from earlier. Perplexed, the scythe wielder accepted her help, taking her hand, just as the other girl reacted, probably feeling pretty annoyed.

But of course, the three bounty hunters weren't going to just stand there and accept their defeat. With a muttered incantation, the wizard managed to use his fire magic to melt the three ice shells a little, allowing the three of them to break free. The wizard immediately entered a battle stance. "What are you trying to do, little girl? Why are you trying to defend him? Why would you even try to help a disgusting necromancer?" Hearing that, the ashen eyed boy immediately stepped back, letting go of Luna's hand, tilting his sword, ready for battle, as if he expected the half-dragon girl to attack him immediately upon hearing that. And it was a pretty normal reaction. "I have a better proposal. Help us capture him, and we can split the bounty that exists for his head. And you can end the day by doing a good thing for this world." But just as the boy prepared himself for the fight..something else happened.

A red cat appeared from the woods, running straight in between them, before disappearing in the bushes on the other side. While that wasn't exactly odd on its own.. the forest suddenly became really, really quiet. Something.. something was coming. Something pretty big. It was enough for the three bounty hunters to suddenly decide that whatever was coming.. the risk coming with it was far too great to be worth facing.. so they just started to run. Booking back and forth at the two girls, expecting them to attack him as soon as possible, and clearly scared, the so called necromancer made a step back, preparing to summon a demon with his left hand.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Tue May 09, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon May 08, 2017 7:22 am

Jailyn Nepveld
Woodland, west of Doveport
Azemar territory

The stone foundation of the woodland house in front of her was covered with moss, and the wood making up the walls was rotten. The door had fallen off of its hinges, and the curtains were now nothing but rags, hanging from the ceiling, which hadn't collapsed just yet. It wouldn't be long until it did, though, Jailyn suspected. Hand on the hilt of her blade, she carefully stepped inside. Locals from a nearby village had spoke of a haunted house - the building she had now set foot in - and had asked her to investigate. Certainly, something had transpired here, judging by the old, dried-up blood staining parts of the floor. She knelt down, running a finger across the surface, some of the wood breaking away under her leather glove. Rotten beyond repair. She slowly got up onto her feet again, letting out a sigh. The villagers had been rather useful at providing any details on what exactly had happened here. She had killed a Daemon several miles to the east of this place a few days prior. Perhaps this was related to it, perhaps it wasn't. There was only one thing left to do, only one way to find out exactly what was going on here, it seemed.

Taking in a deep breath and letting out a grunt, she clenched her fists together, her eyes glowing as around her, the world turned into a grey, swirling mist, only the rough outlines of the ruined house visible through it. She heard sobbing. A light-blue silhouette of what she presumed to be a woman appeared in front of her. Slowly, Jailyn stepped closer. "You there." The sobbing stopped, the ghostly figure letting out a loud gasp in shock as it turned to face the demon hunter. "W-Who are you? Why are you here?!" it exclaimed as it shuffled backwards a little. Jailyn tilted her head. The ghost was... confused. "I'm Jailyn. I am... help. Which is why I'm here. Can you tell me your name?" The ghost let out another sob, before responding. "Amabelle. I... my name is Amabelle. Did.. did Braeden and Quint get you? W-Where are they..?" Jailyn's eyes narrowed. The ghost did not seem to realize it was dead, instead living through the past... most likely again and again. She suspected the poor woman had died not long after this particular moment, with someone entering the house, in reality. "Where did Braeden and Quint go?" The ghostly woman looked up at the demon hunter in front of her, stepping a bit closer. "T-They chased after that t-thing, of course! I-It killed the cows, the sheep, t-then it knocked on... it knocked on our door. I-It sounded so... strangely calm, b-but..." Jailyn took a few more steps forward, coming to a halt in front of the woman, before squatting. She could see the ghost's features more clearly, now. The woman had been young when she died. Pretty, too. "Amabelle... they're dead. They chased a Daemon. It killed them. It's gone, now, though. I killed it."

Panic washed over the dead woman's face. "W-What? But they... I... how? That can't be..." She shook her head, confused. Jailyn let out a soft sigh, moving her hand to brush across the ghost's cheek, although incapable of actually touching her making the gesture regardless. "Hush. Amabelle, I don't know how else to break this to you, but you're... you're dead. That Daemon killed you, too. And I think that down there, somewhere inside of you, you know it's true." The demon hunter stared at the ghost, watching a mixture of confusion and even more panic wash over the woman's face, until suddenly, the ghost blinked in realization, almost immediately calming down. "How... for how long have I been... dead?" The ghost tilted its head. Jailyn shook her head, sighing. "I don't know for how long exactly. Decades, at the very least. Maybe a century. Maybe a bit more than that." What was left of Amabelle frowned at that. "Have they... have they forgotten about me? About us..?" The demon hunter tilted her head just a little again. "Most of them have. They know people lived here. They know something terrible happened here. They know you're still here, after all those years. Or, well..." She nodded, slowly. "It's... it's time for you to let go, though. The fiend that did this to you, your family, is dead. You've been avenged. It's time for you to join them. Be at peace, Amabelle." The ghost gave a solemn nod, before suddenly looking into the eyes of the human in front of her. "Jailyn... will you remember me? Please?"

Jailyn climbed back up on her feet, giving the ghost a nod. "Of course I will, Amabelle. I'll make sure of it." Another promise to keep. The ghost gave a soft smile in response. "Thank you, Jailyn..." The demon hunter returned her smile, before turning around, giving one final look behind her as she stepped outside. She closed her eyes, and let out a deep breath. When she opened her eyes again, the world was back to normal. The ghost was gone. That was good. The woman deserved some peace. Smiling to herself and running a hand through her hair, she walked away from the house, to her horse, tied to a tree nearby. Untying the beast and taking the reins, she climbed into the saddle, and rode back to the village close by. She shot one last look at the ruined house behind her.

By all that was holy, did she hate daemons.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon May 08, 2017 7:31 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"Wellll... Funny story."
Alyss Hartryne
Bayikoyunlu

Alyss waited, and stared, and then started giggling. "That's it?!" she exclaimed in disbelief. "The way you were acting, I thought you must've killed someone, or something else equally heinous! As it is, I'm not particularly inclined to do anything. In fact, I might say I'm a little impressed. I've ripped a few people off in my time, but never a member of the nobility." She smirked, and then folded her arms. "But in exchange for my kindness, what are you going to do? It's only polite to be grateful when someone assists you, after all. You might start with telling me your name."

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon May 08, 2017 7:59 am

Olivia D'elle
Campsite
Ra'Shiq Desert

"It would be best if we started a fire."

Olivia glanced up at Serian as the Daemon watched her with thinly-concealed amusement. He was shifting his form again, digits lengthening and taking on a more skeletal form. His skin was growing paler, stretched tighter over increasingly-obvious bones. It was one of the many methods the Daemon had refined over the past year in order to very effectively get on her nerves. Ignoring the Daemon, Olivia took another berry and popped it in her mouth, chewing slowly on the sour fruit as Serian bared his teeth once more in a predatory grin, chuckling to himself.

"Is this form not to your liking?"

For a moment, Olivia considered that before she replied:

"No." She said, "The other one, please."

"Again?" Serian sighed, "It is degrading in the extreme."

"Again." Olivia smiled. The Doom Crier sighed explosively before its form shifted and rippled and the skeletal creature shrunk down, its form lengthening and fur pushing through its skin. Its skull lengthened and ears sprouted, canine teeth bursting through gums before a dog was sat before Olivia, glowering up at her. A small smile cracked Olivia's face as Serian held form for several seconds before his skin rippled once more, flesh and muscle rearranging as fur retracted and crimson skin became visible, forelimbs turning into arms and thickening as the Daemon stood fully, eyes cast behind her.

"We have company." It rumbled.

Olivia turned to see four figures approaching towards their small oasis. All seemed to be Ra'Shiq, hand raising as the howling of the Daemons died down. Standing and brushing the sand from her clothes, she watched them draw nearer before taking a step forwards. Behind her, Serian made no move to rise, eyes roving lazily across the line of newcomers with naked amusement burning deep within them. Turning back to the Daemon for a moment, she fixed it with an accusing gaze, jabbed a finger at it and narrowed her eyes:

"Keep quiet and don't do anything." She warned it.

"I won't." Serian grinned, "Although that one looks particularly-"

"No." She warned him before turning back to the strangers.

"Greetings." She welcomed them, "It's always interesting to meet new people on my travels. I'm Olivia - you are?"
Last edited by Spindle on Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am

Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

"Well, if they caught me, death would have been very likely." Agnimukha said, "It's all about knowing your target. If you know what they like, then ripping them off is easy. Also, age helps too, older they get, the harder to rip off they get, up to a certain point that is. As for payment for your kindness... Well, I never asked for your help did I? The words help me never left these lips, so I actually don't need to pay you for your kindness now do I?"

He smirked, "That said, I still say thank you. The names Agnimukha Vasuman. Now, what would yours be?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"Now, what would yours be?"
Alyss Hartryne
Bayikoyunlu

"Oh, come on," Alyss replied scornfully. "You may not have explicitly asked for my help, but you obviously wanted it." She winced as soon as she finished speaking. Wow, good choice of words there. You're just a master at your craft, aren't you?

"Anyway, my name is Alyss. Alyss Hartryne. And if you're not going to give me any tangible rewards, then you could at least give me information. Tell me your story, hmm? Give me all the details. I love hearing about other people, it helps me figure out what they want. Yes, I'm being quite up-front with you here. Might as well return the favor."
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"Calliope, misfortune is her middle name..."
Calliope Aeryn Starshine
Outside of Aeston

While Arena was busy mutilating the names of popular series, Calliope was still in a huff about being ignored. When the world around them went silent, though, and a cat dashed by, she reached for her swords immediately. Please don't let this be another incident, she prayed silently. Please? Those are worse than anything else I've had thrown at me. Ouna, have mercy, this had better not be another incident...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon May 08, 2017 9:15 am

Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

Agnimukha just smirked and waved his finger, "Ah, no. Let me ask you again, did the words help me leave my lips at anytime before you kissed me? No. As such, I need not repay you because with out those two words, a deal could not have been made." With that he sighed and looked up to the sky, "That said, I have no reason to give you my life story now do I? You see, that's a two way street. A deal if you would. If I was to give you my life story, then you'd know me, and therefore it would only be natural for me to want your life story. To balance the scales if you would. Though, the life story of a Nephilim could possibly more valuable. Anyways, short answer, I'm not going to give you my life story. But I will give you what you are really seeking, my deepest desire. In one, simple but beautiful word... Revenge."

With that he smirked, "Now, if you really want to get to know me, then maybe travel with me for a bit. What better way to learn about someone then to spend every day with them." With that he extended his hand, "So, does that sound like a deal?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon May 08, 2017 9:40 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"So, does that sound like a deal?"
Alyss Hartryne
Bayikoyunlu

Alyss quirked one eyebrow. This was interesting. It was very rare for her to be told 'no', and even more rare for her to continue to be told 'no'. And this... this boy didn't even seem to be trying to hide interest--that wasn't unusual in and of itself, what was unusual was that he seemed to have no interest to try and hide!

Oh, probably goes the other way, then, she thought, nodding to herself. Still...

This could be it.

She extended her own hand in response, taking Agnimukha's and shaking it quite firmly for someone who looked as delicate as she did. "It's a deal, then," she replied with a smirk. "I look forward to getting to know you, Agnimukha Vasuman."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon May 08, 2017 11:27 am

Agnimukha Vasuman
Ra'shiq Desert

Agnimukha smirked and strated to walk out of the alley, "Of course, I will be wanting to get to know you more as well." He said and stopped at the alley's entrance, "Now then, lets go."

After a while longer of wandering through the Bazaar, both looking and purchasing, he started to the main gates of Bayikoyunlu. "It might be best to skip town now, I should be able to resell some of this for a nice profit." Agnimukha said as he looked through the small bobbles , herbs and stuff in his newly purchased satchel, "I guess ripping of the lord was a good call. Anyway, I'm thinking of heading south. To the Red Rock Mountains. Do you got any problems with that?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse