NATION

PASSWORD

Invocaret Nomen Irae Dei. [OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Invocaret Nomen Irae Dei. [OOC/OPEN]

Postby The V O I D » Thu May 04, 2017 10:12 am

click image to go to Discord.
Invocaret Nomen Irae Dei.
“To invoke the wrath of God.”

OOC [You Are Here] || IC

There has been many troubles throughout mankind's history. Wars have been fought in the name of false gods and prophets; blood shed for reasons unfathomable. Humanity has done numerous horrendous things to itself, to one another. And now, humankind may have stepped too far. Humanity knows its boundaries. Or it should. But when those boundaries have been crossed -
when that trust, that unwritten rule, has been violated? What happens then? The ancient Romans referred to it as 'Iram Dei', or 'God's displeasure'; that phrase evolved into the wrath of God. And never has there ever been a truer statement said of mankind's sins on one fateful day on January the Tenth, Nineteen Seventy-Three. For you see, it was on this day, at the hour of one o'clock in the afternoon according to United States Eastern Standard Time, that something happened. Something that would change the world forever.

The advent of Inhumans, otherwise known as Alterhumans, Althumans, Altmen, Mutants, or Metahumans. It was on this day that a human by the name of Everett Baker attempted to break the seal between dimensions, to peer into what he called "God's World", and what many religious people would call heaven, or perhaps hell in some cases. And he paid dearly for it, for as soon as his experiment started, a blast wave that incinerated and destroyed the facility and all within instantly occurred. The blast wave continued, pulsating with some unknown divine energy or source; people with certain genetic code that was somehow compatible with this energy were 'triggered' en masse, and thus gifted with powers. Some used their powers for good, some for evil,
and some to be left alone.

And ever since that day, a hole was permanently opened - that hole closes and opens as it pleases. And it brings with it what are called the Destroyers. The Destroyers are entities of mass destruction and power, and they keep getting stronger as they are brought through. In response to this never-ending threat, the United Nations became a federal, one-world government in the year nineteen seventy-nine. The UN created the Earth Defense Forces, otherwise known as the EDF. The EDF oversees all things involving Inhumans, as well as defense against Destroyers. The EDF uses what it calls Registered Inhumans, or heroes that work for the EDF and serve in its military, to fight the Destroyers and defeat them. Or at least, perhaps, send them back to their world.

The Inhuman Academy of Development, otherwise known as the Academy, recruits humans who are below the age of 18 with consent of their parents, as well as college-level kids. The Academy helps teach Inhumans to control their powers, and then either gives them the option to serve and work with the EDF, or continue on as independent heroes. Meanwhile, the various heroes of the world have formed their own various factions; alongside the villains and their own factions. The world is a scary place ever since one man got too curious, too ambitious. All it took was one man to change the world and everything about it. All it took was one man. Dr. Baker's last words have become the secret motto of the EDF, as well as being taught to scientists across the globe as to why one must never go too far. On the fateful day when everything was changed, one sentence was uttered:

Invocaret Nomen Irae Dei.

A more fitting and apt description of what Dr. Baker had done had never been found. For it was true; he had invoked the wrath of God, upon all of mankind.

Hey, all. Welcome to my next attempt at a character/superhero/supervillain RP. Partially inspired by the Worm series, partially inspired by X-Men and other properties of Marvel and DC Comics, as well as some of my own design... well, here we are. This RP is going to be generally sandbox, allowing for everyone to interact with one another. But it is going to primarily take place in one city, unless the plot demands otherwise. That city is the city with the highest festering crime rate and most corruption problems ever, and yet, it also acts as the headquarters of the Earth Defense Forces. Bay Lake Heights. Often shortened to simply 'Bay Lake' or 'the Bay', it is a city where gang wars and such can and do happen, among other issues, along with the EDF and Academy headquarters / base of operations existing here. Joy, right? You can take the role of a human (pro-Inhuman, anti-Inhuman, employee of EDF, etc.), an Inhuman hero (independent, EDF or Academy) or an Inhuman villain. The choice, of course, is yours. The current year is 2018. For more info, see below.

Inhumans: also known as mutants, altmen, etc.; these people have powers. One is either born with powers that activate around age 13-14, or,
they aren't born with powers (as the gene is recessive in rare cases), but their powers can be triggered at some point after 14. The trigger event is usually (around 87% of cases) traumatic and their powers are linked to the trauma in some way, shape or form.

Earth Defense Forces: The Earth Defense Forces are the first, second and last defense against the Destroyers from the other dimension. They employ Inhuman heroes, allow juvenile Inhumans to join their Academy if they wish to get out of a crime (as they need as many heroes as they can get), along with humans. Humans are generally in the administrative ranks, however.
The EDF also oversees crimes relating to or committed by Inhumans, and if necessary, can issue a 'kill order' on Inhuman criminals.

Destroyers: Beings from the dimension that Everett Baker accidentally tore into in his quest to see the face of God, they are extremely dangerous and deadly. Only Inhumans can stand a chance, and usually only if the Inhumans in question have a decent power. Otherwise, these beings can and do ravage cities on a predictable and annual basis. They are like forces of nature,
as well.

The Academy: The Academy is an organization run and created by the EDF for the purpose of educating young Inhumans on how to control their powers and such. Sometimes, if a juvenile / teenaged Inhuman commits a crime, they can opt for community service in the Academy rather than going to prison. The Academy recruits all sorts of Inhumans, as well as giving an actual,
regular education on the side. Academy students also sometimes help EDF heroes in stopping crimes and the likes.

The Devil's Den: Known as the worst Inhuman prison in history, in that any Inhumans who go here are considered guilty as charged and are put under max security as well as having their powers stripped from them, the Den's actual name is the United Nations Special Prison Number One. It is a prison. In space. Beyond the moon. Inhumans go here and do not come back usually. The Den is also home to the worst of the worst criminals and such. If you are innocent and come here, and somehow leave, you aren't going to leave innocent. Not in the slightest.

Bay Lake: Basically, Gotham meets Metropolis and based on Worm's Brockton Bay. A huge, monumental city with a festering crime problem that also happens to act as HQ for the heroes and the heroes-in-training. Corruption runs rampant in the Bay's government, as well.

The No-Family Rule: also known as the Identity rule, this is an unwritten rule and policy respected by both heroes and villains. If a villain or hero is outed, heroes and villains cannot target the civilian identity or their family, and in return, they pay the other side the same respects.

Tier 0: Borderline-human Inhumans. Their powers usually aren't physical, or if they are, they are usually for defense and/or self-healing only. Their powers are mostly of the mind. They tend to be as strong as normal, baseline humans.

Tier 1: Stronger than Tier 0 Inhumans, Tier 1s can actually put up a stronger fight. A Tier 1 Inhuman, unlike Tier 0, has more physical powers to do with endurance, healing, or strength and speed, than to do with mental - though they do have some mental capabilities.

Tier 2: Stronger than both the previous Tiers in that they both have physical and mental abilities beyond the human norm. Much stronger than humans, Tier 2 Inhumans and higher Tiers tend to be the ones who go up against the Destroyers.

Tier 3: Usually, these Inhumans can have more than one set of powers. Previous tiers generally have a them to their powers - super strength means super durability and such, or telepathy also can mean mind influence/mind control or control over lesser animals and such. While Tier 3s and over them can have two or three themes to do with their powers. However, Tier 3 are the last kind of somewhat common Inhumans; above them is extremely rare.

Tier 4: These Inhumans can have three themes for their powers and are generally alot more refined in basic powers rather easily, as they instinctively know how to use their various powers. Rare, but powerful, Tier 4 Inhumans tend to be able to go almost toe-to-toe with Destroyers if there are a few of Tier 4s.

Tier 5: Strongest kind of Inhuman. Usually, they have up to five themes with their powers and instinctively know how to use them all and are extremely proficient in them. Or, oddly enough, they have one power/theme, but that power is taken to its max - meaning just having telepathy can mean they can control the thoughts and minds of millions quite easily. Tier 5s are a mandatory sign-up for EDF and/or Academy; refusal is an automatic kill order as they are too dangerous in the opinion of EDF administration to be allowed to live as independent heroes and such.

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=150][i]Inhuman Hero App:[/i][/size][/align]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]EDF/Academy Status:[/b] (member/student or independent)
[b]Powers:[/b] (be reasonable; below Tier 3 must have somewhat similar theme for powers)
[b]Natural/Trigger:[/b] (did your char's powers activate naturally or from a trigger event?)
[b]Tier:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]RP Example:[/b] (at least 2)
[b]Theme Song:[/b] (optional)

WRATHOFGOD - Do Not Remove

[align=center][size=150][i]Inhuman Villain App:[/i][/size][/align]

[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]EDF/Academy Status:[/b] (wanted, most wanted, kill order)
[b]Powers:[/b] (be reasonable; below Tier 3 must have somewhat similar theme for powers)
[b]Natural/Trigger:[/b] (did your char's powers activate naturally or from a trigger event?)
[b]Tier:[/b]

[align=center][size=150][i]Human App:[/i][/size][/align]

[b]EDF/Academy Status:[/b] (employee, soldier, administrator, local director [ASK FOR PERMISSION TO BE THE BAY LAKE REGIONAL DIRECTOR])
[b]Skills:[/b]

Inhuman Villain App:

Name: Matthew McKenzie
Alias: Legion
Sex: M.
Appearance: Out of Costume. Costume.
Height: 6'3" / 1.9 meters.
Weight: 210 lbs / 95.3 kilos.
Personality: McKenzie may come across as charming, sociable; hell, he'll even patch you up. But in reality, he's a full blown sociopath. He will stop at nothing to achieve his goals, and killing people sometimes has to happen. He does have only one person he cares for, but McKenzie has not divulged this.
EDF/Academy Status: Kill Order (for Legion).
Powers:
  • Duplication: Legion can duplicate and make and control as many copies of himself as he wants to. It is generally accepted that he does this by copying himself,
    using some form of 'Copy' powers.
  • Power Mimicry: In relation to the power to copy / duplicate himself, his copies and he can copy any powers he comes into contact with temporarily - meaning as long as the copy is alive. They need to physically touch an Inhuman to copy their powers, or get zapped by one of their powers once - presuming that zap doesn't kill the copy in question.
  • Regeneration: It is suggested that Legion can even copy healthy cells and such, as well as like when he deletes copies of himself, delete unhealthy ones. This allows him to effectively regenerate lost limbs and such fairly easily, making him even more dangerous in battle.

Natural/Trigger: Natural. Gained powers aged 14.
Tier: 5.
Biography: Matthew McKenzie grew up in a family that was... well, suffice it to say, less than pleasant. His father was never really there for him, even when his father was there; and his mother was a drunk who beat him and abused him, as well as told him hating Inhumans was natural. Matthew grew to hate Inhumans as well as humans because of his parents, and was deluded into believing the propaganda that his mother fed him. McKenzie eventually discovered that he, himself, was Inhuman. When his mother accused him of being a mistake, a traitor to humanity, he killed her. McKenzie ran away, never to be seen by his family again.

Briefly using his powers for good, after joining the Academy and EDF for a few years of his life, McKenzie's connection to his mother's murder was discovered. He escaped the EDF before they could capture him and neutralize his powers, and so, he became Legion. As Legion, McKenzie continued on a crime spree that slowly allowed him to take over the Bay's underworld, becoming one of its most prominent crime bosses. Legion is feared among many because he is one of the stronger villains in the Bay overall, and indeed commands a lot of power throughout the festering cesspool of crime that the city has become.
RP Example: I'm the Boss.
Theme Song: Power Trip by Chimaira.
Last edited by The V O I D on Sat May 27, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu May 04, 2017 10:12 am

-RESERVED FOR STUFF-

Now open.

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu May 04, 2017 10:24 am

Tag
Political alignment: (0,0)

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu May 04, 2017 11:04 am

Max tier for a student?

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 04, 2017 11:09 am

Tag. Might go for a shapeshifter of sorts.
Also, unless you're using a form I'm unfamiliar with, "Invocatet Nomen Irae Dei" would translate to "The Name Invokes the Wrath of God"
A better way to say "To invoke the wrath of god" would be to say "Invocāre irae dei"
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll shut up.
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Thu May 04, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu May 04, 2017 11:23 am

Inhuman Hero App:

Name: Owen Holland.
Alias: WIP
Sex: Male.
Appearance: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 8cdfe8.png
Minus the metal on his face.
Height: 5'7.
Weight: 125 Ib.
Personality: Owen is typically reserved and quiet [Though not shy]. Though kind and respectful, he is quick-tempered and even sometimes jealous of others, but usually tries to keep that to himself. He finds it hard to work inside groups in academic work. Owen often keeps his opinions or thoughts to himself, even when it tests his intelligence.
EDF/Academy Status: Student.
Powers:
  • Can withstand INCREDIBLY high, or low temperatures
  • X-Ray vision.
  • Can run on or climb walls/buildings and/or stick his body/a body part to a wall. Also always lands on his feet, and can jump slightly higher and faster than the average person.

Natural/Trigger: Natural. 13.
Tier: 3
Biography: Owen Holland was born in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia to a Tier 4 Inhumane mother, who followed a double life of crime and that of the typical civilian, but Owen and his Tier 1 Inhumane father knew of her supposedly secret side, but thankfully the authorities hadn't, and still don't really. His father is a teacher at Dartmouth High School, and used his mental powers to aid his students and raise his reputation rather than to fight crime and solve mysteries. Owen always dreamed of going to The Academy, in Bay Lake, though feared the city itself because of its big problems, which was an understatement.

He discovered his powers at different times during age 14, all within one and a half months . From wallrunning, his imagination and sticking his pinky finger in a pan for less than a second[Which only hurt as much as a pinch] to hoping into an icey pool of water with barely any clothes in northern Alberta, which he only abandoned after getting bored, facing less than a chill. Owen's parents admitted him to the The Academy after constant nagging, even if it was on the other side, of another country, and was dangerous.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407884 / viewtopic.php?f=31&t=404298
Theme Song:

Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Tue May 09, 2017 10:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Tag. Might go for a shapeshifter of sorts.
Also, unless you're using a form I'm unfamiliar with, "Invocatet Nomen Irae Dei" would translate to "The Name Invokes the Wrath of God"
A better way to say "To invoke the wrath of god" would be to say "Invocāre irae dei"

Eh, according to google translate, 'Invocaret Nomen Irae Dei.' is indeed 'To invoke the wrath of God'. It just has to include the period at the end, hence the title and picture doing so.

Also, as for students, I'll say any Tier can be a student, it's just that they gotta learn how to use their powers more efficiently/effectively if they are higher tier.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 04, 2017 12:34 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Tag. Might go for a shapeshifter of sorts.

Eh, according to google translate, 'Invocaret Nomen Irae Dei.' is indeed 'To invoke the wrath of God'. It just has to include the period at the end, hence the title and picture doing so.

Also, as for students, I'll say any Tier can be a student, it's just that they gotta learn how to use their powers more efficiently/effectively if they are higher tier.

Google translate isn't very good at translating Latin phrases. Really any language with inflection doesn't work well.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu May 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Tag.

Void, I have a few questions about how the tiers work. You say, like a tier 3 has three levels of powers. Does that mean like 3 powers, or something else?

And also, I noticed that your powers were working in connection to each other (so super strength also went with super durability, but not, say, stretching). Is this how you are thinking of powers connected to each other, so they're not completely random?

Good to see you're doing another RP again.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu May 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Google translate isn't very good at translating Latin phrases. Really any language with inflection doesn't work well.

Meh, whatever, I went with what I went with. Loose Latin translations are still good.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu May 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Though you may have already mentioned it, where is Bay Lake located?

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu May 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Talchyon wrote:Tag.

1. Void, I have a few questions about how the tiers work. You say, like a tier 3 has three levels of powers. Does that mean like 3 powers, or something else?

2. And also, I noticed that your powers were working in connection to each other (so super strength also went with super durability, but not, say, stretching). Is this how you are thinking of powers connected to each other, so they're not completely random?

Good to see you're doing another RP again.

-Talc

1. It primarily means that after Tier 3, 2-3 'power themes' can occur. So, super strength and connected powers, super speed and connected powers, and say - I dunno - telepathy and connected powers. Below Tier 3 has only one theme - so you can have super strength, but any powers after that MUST relate to super strength in some shape or form.

2. Yeah. That's what I mean. Powers need to have a general theme, and below Tier 3 you have multiple but few powers of a single theme, and Tier 3+ you can have more than one theme and each theme can have a variable number of powers within reason. Tier 5 can either be one theme, but the powers involved are extremely powerful or the Inhuman using them is extremely proficient with them. That, or they have quite a number of themes with variable number of powers in each theme. My char, McKenzie/Legion, is the former; he has a copy-type power theme thanks to the fact he can duplicate ['copy' himself], copy powers to a degree, and copy his cells in such a way so as to 'regenerate'.

@Japan. It is located on the east coast, not sure if I mentioned it; don't think I did.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 04, 2017 1:38 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Google translate isn't very good at translating Latin phrases. Really any language with inflection doesn't work well.

Meh, whatever, I went with what I went with. Loose Latin translations are still good.

Fine by me. Not like most other people will notice. Just making sure you were aware, in case you wanted to be really accurate.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu May 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Done, but I could probably work on it s'more.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu May 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Void-

I have an idea for a hero that can turn intangible and fly. Also maybe a few side effects like glowing in the dark. Weapons would be like normal weapons, guns or blasters and so on. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Thyrgga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Thyrgga » Thu May 04, 2017 3:08 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Google translate isn't very good at translating Latin phrases. Really any language with inflection doesn't work well.

'Tis not a "loose" translation. It just doesn't make sense.

"Invocaret nomen irae dei" either means "The name may invoke of the wrath of god" or "One may invoke the name of the wrath of god"

You should use "Invocare iram dei".

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Talchyon wrote:Void-

I have an idea for a hero that can turn intangible and fly. Also maybe a few side effects like glowing in the dark. Weapons would be like normal weapons, guns or blasters and so on. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

-Talc

Sounds interesting. Work out an app for me to review and I'll tell you any tweaks I have in mind.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu May 04, 2017 4:43 pm

"... And the lamb opened the Second Seal..."
Last edited by Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States on Thu May 04, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Thu May 04, 2017 9:54 pm

May I make a character that's neutral?
Political alignment: (0,0)

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri May 05, 2017 3:10 am

Tis a sandbox RP; of course you're okay to make a neutral char. That's what independent heroes are for - they can also be anti-heroes or heroes who kill villains, etc. Alternatively, you could be a minor villain/anti-villain.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri May 05, 2017 4:32 am

Taaaag
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri May 05, 2017 4:35 am

Inhuman Hero App:

Name: Natalie Love
Alias: She prefers Pixel above all else.
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Image Not my artwork, unfortunately. Someone was awesome enough to draw this for me.

Height: 5'3
Weight: 130 pounds
Personality: Natalie hates talking to most people, and she prefers the company of machines rather than the company of humans. She finds humans to be too flawed and incorrect. They're too judgmental and hurt those around them. Sees read about the worst things humanity can do, and she'd confident in saying that she hates most of the humans in the world. Obviously her view is a bit extreme, but she seems rather certain that most humans are just scumbags.
ON top of that, Natalie absolutely hates going outside unless it's absolutely necessary, like for a mission or otherwise. When she's not outside, she'd always on her laptop or her phone, or something along the lines of that. She's always with something technological, and if she isn't she'll actually start to get anxious, almost nervous. It's like being away from anything technological or digital is a phobia of hers. Honestly, it may very well be, but she isn't going to admit it.
Natalie is a rather smart girl when it comes to technology, and she can hack into most computers if she tries hard enough. This has lead her to boast a bit to some people. She also had a very sarcastic personality most of the time. She's a pessimist to the very core and tends to look on the bad side of things, but it's good because she then tries to think of a way around them. She isn't really one to go to for comfort, either. Her people skills are absolutely terrible to the point where she even tries to just not speak to them if she can help it.
EDF/Academy Status: She's a student
Powers: She has the ability to manipulate any piece of machinery or technology. Just by touching a machine she can tell of all the inner workings and how to dismantle it and even put it back together. She can hack most computers and mainframes. Her abilities can lead her to manipulate things like computers and cell phones to things like robots, vending machines and construction vehicles like cranes and steamrollers.
Natural/Trigger: Trigger
Tier: Tier 2, I'd assume.
Biography: Natalie grew up very close to the America-Canadian border. She was in Abbotsford, British Columbia, and that was where she grew up for a good chunk of her life. At least until midway through her teen years. Her mother had died during child birth, and her father had since then held onto the child like his life had depended on it. Natalie spent a good amount of her time getting annoyed with how over protective her father was, though at the same time she was perfectly fine with being sheltered, as long as she didn't have to go outside. She was fine, then.
The one thing he absolutely loved doing with her father, though, was flying. He was a pilot for the Canadian air force, and because of that he was sometimes able to sneak Natalie onto an airplane and take her on a little adventure. Those rides were some of the best moments in her life. Being so high up in the air, feeling like they could just go into space at any moment...it was such an amazing feeling. It filled her with such happiness back then, but it wouldn't be long until the thought of flying would leave a bitter taste in her mouth.
Natalie didn't know what happened that day, but it seemed like the plane had suffered a severe malfunction in it's systems. Even today the reason why still boggled Natalie. From what she remembered, the plane was fairly new and in perfectly good condition, but she refuses to dwell on it for too long. The short story of it was that the plane was crashing. They were going down, and they couldn't do anything to stop it. When they collided with the ground, Natalie lost conscious. She was brought to a nearby hospital with wounds all over her body and her eye being completely destroyed, but she was alive. Unfortunately, she couldn't say the same for her father.
After she had recovered from her injuries, and received a prosthetic eye to replace her damaged one, the entire process taking a few months, Natalie was then brought to her uncle's house. He was an engineer, and at his house was where her powers started to show. They were on and off for a couple of weeks. Sometimes she would just be able to open the refrigerator without even thinking about it, and other times she'd be sitting by her uncle's car and it'd randomly start up, even with no key in the ignition. A week later, Natalie attempted this again, and was actually able to take it around the block and back home, but she came home to a very concerned uncle.
This was the event that had lead her uncle to take her to the Inhumane Academy of Development at the age of fifteen. This was where she learned how to control her powers, and with a surprising amount of skill. Skip to three years ahead and she's basically hid from society, staying close to the academy and refusing to go to the outside world to meet the scum of humanity that was in Bay Lake Heights unless she absolutely had to.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370777&p=27975028#p27975028 (ill show another one eventually)
Theme Song: (optional)

Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Fri May 05, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Grand Auvergne
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Auvergne » Fri May 05, 2017 8:58 am

Inhuman Villain App:

Name:Mark Sidon
Alias:Stalk
Sex:Male
Appearance:

He could not look like an everyday everyman any better even if he tried. Even his tastes in clothes are just basic (Monochrome shirt, jeans, baskets).
His villain costume is just a raincoat, good walking boots, black gloves, black sky mask, googles and a bullet proof vest under it all.
Height:176 cm
Weight:74 kg
Personality:Wiser than he should be. Prudent, borderline paranoid. Greedy, envious, thirsty for knowledge and money more than power. Pragmatic. Buisness-man at heart. Dislike wasting anything, especially time.
EDF/Academy Status: Wanted
Powers: Mark can steal or erase memories by simply touching to the head/neck of the target. He can also copy and give memories away to someone but any contact is enough (ex : shaking hands). As such, Mark as built over the years a vast "library" of memories that taught him many things from close combat, shooting, piloting planes, disguising himself, programming and so on. But otherwise, he is just a man and does not possess any inhuman strengh or speed. His tendency to stay un-noticed even if out of his villain persona is just a result of his lack of charism and noticable traits.
Natural/Trigger: Natural
Tier:0
Biography: Mark "Stalk" Sidon is a product of his time and of the corruption in Bay Lake. Son of a middle class family with one brother and a sister older than him, his school life was without stories beyond the little problems a kid face when growing. Until the day he accidentaly stole and erased all the memories of another student, up and including his name. However, this mistake was quickly corrected when Mark also discovered how to transmit memories too, Stress helping.

While shocking on the moment for a 15 years old boy, especially the part about remembering the life, actions and toughts of someone else as if you were him, and the one about seeing one of his friend transformed in a vegetable, Mark quickly returned to his mundane life, as if nothing happened, but this time, he became an "exemplar student" while his notes sky-rocketed. This sudden change of a average student into the top of his class was, of course, the result of his powers, stealing the knowledge of his better and erasing the memories of the aggression from his victims minds. This sudden surge in talent was noticed by the Academy, always screening the world's schools for new recruits and potential threats and soon, Mark was learning how to use his power, how to live with them and even got to join some heroic operations in the streets.

This, however, made Mark realize that the Academy and what it offered was not what he wanted. His second change of life was when a shady organization offered him to join them, as they could use someone with his kind of power. He accepted and as soon as he was out of the Academy, Mark was stealing thoughts and memories for his new masters. The Organization was dismantled during an Heroic raid but Mark, under his codename of "Stalk", escaped. He is now a Freelance, offering his services for the highest bidder, stealing or erasing memories of codes, events, proofs, plans and so on for industrials, buissnessmen, cheating hearts, scientists, politican... anyone who could have the utility. Protected by his clients in high society or just by the incredible mind library he built over the years of incriminating materials, and while not a villain per see himself -he worked with the EDF on some occasions if the pay was there- he is still a testimony of how Bay Lake can and will make and destroy heroes and villains alike as it please.

RP Example: (at least 2)

Last edited by Grand Auvergne on Fri May 05, 2017 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse