NATION

PASSWORD

Formula E Championship: Interest and Planning Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Megelan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Formula E Championship: Interest and Planning Thread

Postby Megelan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:42 am

en.wikipedia.org

Formula E, officially the FIA Formula E Championship, is a class of auto racing that uses only electric-powered cars. The series was conceived in 2012, and the inaugural championship started in Beijing on 13 September 2014. The series is sanctioned by the FIA. Alejandro Agag is the current CEO of Formula E.

[...]

The Formula E championship is currently contested by ten teams with two drivers each. Racing generally takes place on temporary city-center street circuits which are approximately 2 to 3.4 km (1.2 to 2.1 mi) long. Currently, only the Mexico City ePrix takes place on a road course, a modified version of the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.

[...]

All events begin with two practice sessions in the morning, an opening 45-minute session followed by a further 30-minute session. Drivers each have two cars at their disposal with 200 kW available throughout.

The qualifying session normally takes place at noon and lasts one hour. The drivers are divided into four groups of five, with each group having six minutes to set their best lap. Full power of 200 kW is available throughout with drivers only able to use one car. Since the second season, the five fastest drivers then go out again, one-by-one, in the Super Pole shoot-out to determine the top five grid positions.

The race itself lasts for approximately 50 minutes with drivers making one mandatory pit stop to change cars. Tire changes, unless caused by a puncture or damage, are not permitted during this pit stop. In race mode the maximum power is restricted to 170 kW. Points are awarded using the standard FIA system.

[...]

For each race, fans can vote for their favourite driver via various social media channels to give them an extra power boost. Voting starts about two weeks prior to an event and is also open during the opening six minutes of the race. The three winning Fanboost drivers each receive an extra 100 kJ of energy to be used in a power window between 180 kW and 200 kW.

[...]

Points are awarded to the top ten drivers using the standard FIA system. Three points are also awarded to the driver securing the pole position, while the driver setting the fastest lap receives an additional point (two points during the first two seasons). The championship consists of both a drivers’ and teams’ championship. A driver's end of season total is made up a driver's best results. A team's total is made up by counting both drivers' scores throughout the season.

"For each race, fans can vote for their favourite driver via various social media channels to give them an extra power boost. Voting starts about two weeks prior to an event and is also open during the opening six minutes of the race. The three winning Fanboost drivers each receive an extra 100 kJ of energy to be used in a power window between 180 kW and 200 kW."

This thing alone makes Formula E deserve a NationStates championship of its own, don't you think so? :p

And the cars make a nice sound, too.
Last edited by Megelan on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:14 am

I'm interested
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 am

As a Formula e fan, I'm definetly interested. But we shouldn't call it 'Formula e', like the real version. We got WGPC, WGP2 is planned... What about e-GPC, or something? I don't know much about scorinators, but I guess it should be scorinatable (or however you'd call it) with normal motorsport scorinators.

Just, how do you want to implement the fanboost?
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:47 am

I can mabye enter with a track, a driver or two, or maybe a team.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:47 am

West-East Timor wrote:But we shouldn't call it 'Formula e', like the real version.

I vote for Formula Η (as in, Η/η, the first letter of ηλεκτρισμός, electricity, in Greek).

West-East Timor wrote:Just, how do you want to implement the fanboost?

Maybe by making people vote, after each race, for the player(s) who will get a bonus in the next race?

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Megelan wrote:
West-East Timor wrote:But we shouldn't call it 'Formula e', like the real version.

I vote for Formula Η (as in, Η/η, the first letter of ηλεκτρισμός, electricity, in Greek).

West-East Timor wrote:Just, how do you want to implement the fanboost?

Maybe by making people vote, after each race, for the player(s) who will get a bonus in the next race?

Well, if let anybody vote, but nobody participating may vote for themselves, yeah. Might work. I'm afraid not many people will vote at the end of the season, but we could try.
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:48 pm

I think formula H is better
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

Somersville
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Formula E

Postby Somersville » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:09 pm

I have 2 questions.
1. I so want to join!
2. When are signups?

Mount Pleasant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Pleasant » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:46 pm

I'll be in!

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:19 pm

Formula E doesn't fit the NS vibe. Its gotta sorta correleate with the mother of NS Racing in the WGPC.
But e-WGPC doesn't have the right ring to it.

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:35 pm

I wouldn't support a voting system as that could rig the system. What about basing fanboost based solely on rping and doing it over a cultimative amount of time -- that way its an open race and rping won't guarantee points.

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Somersville wrote:I have 2 questions.
1. I so want to join!
2. When are signups?

The first Formula E season had 10 teams, so we could start to sign people up when at least 10 players will be interested.

So far we have:

Darkmania
Megelan
Mount Pleasant
Kep (?)
West-East Timor
Somersville

But each nation could enter more than one team and more than one track, just like in the actual Formula E.

Kep wrote:I wouldn't support a voting system as that could rig the system. What about basing fanboost based solely on rping and doing it over a cultimative amount of time -- that way its an open race and rping won't guarantee points.

This could work, too.

Anyway, since in Formula E the chassis is the same for all cars, could someone turn this picture into an easily editable blank slate?

Last edited by Megelan on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 pm

If this is really going to happen, count on Lisander. But I personally wouldn't like to use the 2019 car. It wasn't publicly tested, then our opportunities of RP would be tragically decreased. I'd stick with good-old "Spark srt-01e".

Here's an image, if someone's interested in rework a little.
Last edited by Lisander on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:54 am

Lisander wrote:If this is really going to happen, count on Lisander. But I personally wouldn't like to use the 2019 car. It wasn't publicly tested, then our opportunities of RP would be tragically decreased. I'd stick with good-old "Spark srt-01e".

Here's an image, if someone's interested in rework a little.

This image is good too:

Kep
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:11 am

Ice Bear Motorsporting would participate
Its not great but its a start
Last edited by Kep on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 am

Kep wrote:Ice Bear Motorsporting would participate
(Image)
Its not great but its a start

How about...

Radanax
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Radanax » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:23 am

Puppet of Kep speaking:
That would be a good poster for the rping thread but not a logo.
| Main nation of Razenthuria | Direct tgs for forum-related stuff to here |
| Occasionally used as number-puppets |
| Check out my factbooks |

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:13 am

Radanax wrote:Puppet of Kep speaking:
That would be a good poster for the rping thread but not a logo.

How about:

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Offical comfirmation of team.

Postby Darkmania » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:28 am

Dëritee is the most popular car brand in Darkmania as they are from Darkmania. Today, they announced that they will form a racing team called "Dëritee Offical Racing Team" (D.O.R.T for short) to race at the NS version of Formula E. The only thing now is they need now is two drivers. The skin for the car will come very later.

Darkmania will also be looking for places to host an e-Prix.

If you want a driver to drive at DORT when this starts, please apply here!

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][b]Appication for a driver driving in DORT![/b][/align]
[b]Driver`s full name:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Experience of driven series:[/b]
[b]Racing nr (02-99):[/b]

[b]Why do you think him/her fit for DORT?:[/b]
[/box]
Last edited by Darkmania on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Today, it's been revealed that a team based in the Duchy of Megelan will take part in the first Formula η Championship: Nuraghi Formula η Team. To race for the team, founded by the former driver Jarno Nuraghi and headquartered in the city of Lugan, in the far north of the Duchy, will be two young drivers born and raised in the country: Alex Fonte and Kevin Genovese.

Alex Fonte (born August 5, 1992) (#92)

Kevin Genovese (born November 8, 1993) (#21)

The drivers have a similar career: both found early success in karting, before graduating to other minor series and finally debuting in Formula C to a varying degree of success; both hope they will win the race scheduled to take place in the streets of Megelan City, the Megelan City ηPrix: a 3,15 miles long, counterclockwise street circuit.

Last edited by Megelan on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radanax
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Radanax » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:33 pm

If we're actually to do this, we need a sign-up thread and one that has a proper way to sign-up.
| Main nation of Razenthuria | Direct tgs for forum-related stuff to here |
| Occasionally used as number-puppets |
| Check out my factbooks |

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Radanax wrote:If we're actually to do this, we need a sign-up thread and one that has a proper way to sign-up.

I agree, but I put all my stuff in here nonetheless so I'll only have to copy and paste it later. :p

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:01 pm

The WGPC does not command all NS racing. That is one person's creation. If this person wants it to be Formula H, let him call it that. We don't have to steer him towards the other leagues or have that stamp on his idea based on Formula E.

There are Hodori's series as well as random events like the rally that took place a few months ago which have nothing to do with the WGPC. People just chose to make a WGPC-2.

The only question I have is which scorinator will be used? I'm sure the creator here has an idea.

And having people vote on the boost is not a good idea. NS is too much of a popularity contest. RP bonus is the NS sport standard. Just as there should be fair and unbiased hosts..
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megelan
Attaché

Postby Megelan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Vangaziland wrote:The WGPC does not command all NS racing. That is one person's creation. If this person wants it to be Formula H, let him call it that. We don't have to steer him towards the other leagues or have that stamp on his idea based on Formula E.

There are Hodori's series as well as random events like the rally that took place a few months ago which have nothing to do with the WGPC. People just chose to make a WGPC-2.

The only question I have is which scorinator will be used? I'm sure the creator here has an idea.

And having people vote on the boost is not a good idea. NS is too much of a popularity contest. RP bonus is the NS sport standard. Just as there should be fair and unbiased hosts..

The latest version of xkoranate seems good enough, unless you guys have a better idea.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:17 am

Sounds great! Someone just had to ask though. Somebody pretty much has to. Because there have been some proposals that just didn't understand that. But I saw you've been around since 2015. I figured you knew, but people will want to know.. Now it's there, the usual scorinator. Well, I'll probably submit a team and a driver or two.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports