NATION

PASSWORD

LibreNS++ 0.1.2 | Secure NationStates++ Alternative

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Baconbacon123
Secretary

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

feature request

Postby Baconbacon123 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 pm

the number one feature I'd like to see in librens++ is live updating for not just the RMB, but also a regions WFE, polls, and Regional Happenings

Leveat
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Baconbacon123 wrote:the number one feature I'd like to see in librens++ is live updating for not just the RMB, but also a regions WFE, polls, and Regional Happenings

Hmm... These are all possible but expensive and difficult to do in an aesthetically pleasing way. AFAIK there aren't AJAX points for any of these (this device doesn't have dev tools so I can't check), we'd need to load a fresh copy of the region page to check for those, and who knows what that does on NS's end. Once that's done adding the content itself isn't too difficult but making it not just jump around if it's longer/shorter is difficult. I might do this if I have time.
The Leveat that can be spoken of is not the true Leveat,
but it is a pretty close alternative, in any case. You can talk about it if you want.
History · Constitution · That One Issue · All Hail · Miscellany · Meet Levball (drawn by Ismeil)

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Will you be doing a regional legislature as part of the plugin?
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:49 am

Bug report: On the Rift theme, with the floating sidebar, tabs that appear when hovering (such as Your Posts) are covered by elements of the nation's page (flag, banner, region...)
Also, why does the browser tab keep loading?
Last edited by Bedetopia on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smaunia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Smaunia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Just switched to LibreNS++ from NS++ and the site seems to run a bit faster than it did when I had NS++ enabled on Chrome

Smaunia
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Smaunia » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:46 pm

I was searching around and found out that Microsoft has added extensions for the EDGE Browser that comes with Windows 10 see here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/#available-extensions for more information it's not fully rolled out yet, but when it does get implemented will you be making this available for MS EDGE.

South Jarvis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby South Jarvis » Sun May 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Smaunia wrote:I was searching around and found out that Microsoft has added extensions for the EDGE Browser that comes with Windows 10 see here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/#available-extensions for more information it's not fully rolled out yet, but when it does get implemented will you be making this available for MS EDGE.

I'm not familiar with Edge, but LibreNS++ uses userscripts, which are browser-agnostic. If userscript functionality is made available in Edge, either natively or through an extension, LibreNS++ should work. I have no plans to release specific extensions or builds for Edge, though.

Smaunia
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Smaunia » Mon May 02, 2016 2:28 pm

South Jarvis wrote:
Smaunia wrote:I was searching around and found out that Microsoft has added extensions for the EDGE Browser that comes with Windows 10 see here https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/#available-extensions for more information it's not fully rolled out yet, but when it does get implemented will you be making this available for MS EDGE.

I'm not familiar with Edge, but LibreNS++ uses userscripts, which are browser-agnostic. If userscript functionality is made available in Edge, either natively or through an extension, LibreNS++ should work. I have no plans to release specific extensions or builds for Edge, though.

I'm keeping a eye on the release date for Edge extensions and I'll post here with whatever Microsoft releases about it

Baconbacon123
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Baconbacon123 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Do you plan to release any further updates to this extension? When?
Btw, thank you so much for making this in the first place.

Smaunia
Civil Servant

Father Knows Best State

Postby Smaunia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Microsoft Edge has Tempermonkey as an extension I just tested it and all you have to do is install Tempermonkey on Edge through the Windows Store on Windows 10 and then click the GitHub download and it will work.
Last edited by Smaunia on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:10 am

Clicking on 'Manage Puppets' under 'Puppets' is returning the following error.

Last edited by LollerLand on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

South Jarvis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Version 0.1.2

Postby South Jarvis » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:52 am

Oh, hi there! I just logged into my NationStates to see what's been happening, and noticed the puppets menu appears to be broken, so I've just pushed out a quick update to fix it.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:19 pm

So, I'm considering switching over to this considering NS++ is abysmally maintained and has many experience-breaking visual and display bugs, but want to ask about a few features.

It does appear you have the flipped and infinitely scrolling RMB's, as well as the puppet lists. "Do you have the op's posts are highlighted in a different color" bit for the forums? I would rank those as the top three things I use. Some other features, like the regional population record, influence number display on nation page, extended nation/region happenings, the addition of a control page link to the top bar (as well as the banhammer and built in recruitment features), bold/easier to read sidebar text, telegram search feature, clickable BBCode tags for Telegrams, and so forth are other core features NS++ has that may or may not be working as features that I'd expect to see carried over before considering fully switching over as well. Are there any intentions of including these features?

Thank you.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Founder of the Commonwealth Federation
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Founder of the Commonwealth Federation » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:44 pm

My main concerns are getting the Newspaper functions to work and getting the IRC bit out of the way in the regional settings

Miencraft
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Miencraft » Tue May 02, 2017 3:37 pm

So aside from some NS++ features that I'm hoping can be brought over to Libre some day, there are some little RMB things that's been bugging me a little bit:

With infinite scroll RMB turned on, the "New" notification either won't appear or, if it does, vanishes almost immediately. Seems to alternately do both.

And then also with infinite scroll RMB turned on, spoiler tags tend to close themselves a few seconds after being opened. I've only experienced this on a rather active RMB though (that region is the only time I've seen spoiler tags in an RMB since getting Libre) so it might just be some weird kink with the RMB updating itself.

So, are either of these things that can be fixed? They're only minor annoyances, but still.

Baconbacon123
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Baconbacon123 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:So, I'm considering switching over to this considering NS++ is abysmally maintained and has many experience-breaking visual and display bugs, but want to ask about a few features.

It does appear you have the flipped and infinitely scrolling RMB's, as well as the puppet lists. "Do you have the op's posts are highlighted in a different color" bit for the forums? I would rank those as the top three things I use. Some other features, like the regional population record, influence number display on nation page, extended nation/region happenings, the addition of a control page link to the top bar (as well as the banhammer and built in recruitment features), bold/easier to read sidebar text, telegram search feature, clickable BBCode tags for Telegrams, and so forth are other core features NS++ has that may or may not be working as features that I'd expect to see carried over before considering fully switching over as well. Are there any intentions of including these features?

Thank you.

I second this.

If this included the telegram search and the regional population record it would make everything so much easier.

Miencraft
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Miencraft » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Is this still being worked on? There's no reason to use this over NS++, which has far more features, if this is going to have the same problem it does, which is that the people in charge just disappear without saying anything about the project for months.

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Miencraft wrote:Is this still being worked on? There's no reason to use this over NS++, which has far more features, if this is going to have the same problem it does, which is that the people in charge just disappear without saying anything about the project for months.

NS++ is now glitching out and is barely being updated anyways...
Last edited by Alusi on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,
and yet I am still let down.
More funding for adaptive education (EX: XQ), funding for military, funding for IT Industry and Government funded Scientific advancement, Police needs to be a branch of the military, you can a own a gun if you are military, police, or a citizen with a licence given to only those without any criminal charges, and THE ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION OF POLITICAL PARTIES!
War going on? No problem! Call 1-800-555-9151 to get your opponent's leader assassinated! You save more when you bundle: 2 for the price of one! Buy now!
Join the United Alliance of Nations (UAN) today! Free food :3 The extreme lack of war!
We have a Pact and a World Map...

Miencraft
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Miencraft » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:55 am

Alusi wrote:
Miencraft wrote:Is this still being worked on? There's no reason to use this over NS++, which has far more features, if this is going to have the same problem it does, which is that the people in charge just disappear without saying anything about the project for months.

Exactly. This works, which is nice, but it has half the features that NS++ has and has the same problem that's killing NS++.

If nobody in charge is going to show up for months, why use either this or NS++ at all?

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Miencraft wrote:
Alusi wrote:

Exactly. This works, which is nice, but it has half the features that NS++ has and has the same problem that's killing NS++.

If nobody in charge is going to show up for months, why use either this or NS++ at all?

I know coding but I don't know much about google chrome ext. and altering websites based on code... Otherwise I would have made one and dist. myself by now. :/
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,
More funding for adaptive education (EX: XQ), funding for military, funding for IT Industry and Government funded Scientific advancement, Police needs to be a branch of the military, you can a own a gun if you are military, police, or a citizen with a licence given to only those without any criminal charges, and THE ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION OF POLITICAL PARTIES!
War going on? No problem! Call 1-800-555-9151 to get your opponent's leader assassinated! You save more when you bundle: 2 for the price of one! Buy now!
Join the United Alliance of Nations (UAN) today! Free food :3 The extreme lack of war!

Miencraft
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Miencraft » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:58 pm

And of course the guy CTEs.

Might as well just go back to NS++ and hope the site staff gets off its ass and starts working on it, or better yet gives the project back to someone who isn't site staff.

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Miencraft wrote:And of course the guy CTEs.

Might as well just go back to NS++ and hope the site staff gets off its ass and starts working on it, or better yet gives the project back to someone who isn't site staff.

Or figure out how to make your own, make it free, publish it, then make a paid version of it, make money, and from there you go.

Capitalism :)
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 am

You know nobody on this site gets paid, right?
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Funkadelia wrote:

You know nobody on this site gets paid, right?

YES! Well one does and that is Max Barry... you know that guy who all nations worship as God? Yeah. That one.

But yeah mods are fine its just that this along with NS++ are dying out. The mods have control over NS++ so... yeah at some point the blame does fall on them. I mean if someone else were willing to take it on, I mean the mods won't probably mind. (Just as long as they are supervised.)
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Alusi wrote:The mods have control over NS++ so... yeah at some point the blame does fall on them.

Uhh, no. The admins have it. It's specifically Eluvatar's charge, with [violet] backing him and Ballotonia occasionally available to assist. In all three cases, RL concerns have trumped working on that project. Yes, the prior owner was much quicker to add and change stuff, but that wasn't always a good thing ... and there were problems. You'll just have to deal with the current ownership situation as it is.

Alusi wrote:Well one does and that is Max Barry

If you think ads and stamps do much more than pay our server and bandwidth fees, you're sadly mistaken. I don't have access to Max's tax records, but I can assure you that the site is more a labor of love than a get-rich-quick scheme.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical