NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 31 - Mousiki, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 pm

EUSK1 providing partial results after the first round of voters of Phase II....

Points left to be awarded: 121 points
Countries who've been awarded all of their points have been marked in blue.

1. Nightom, 19 points
2. Artsakhestan, 16 points
3. Euskirribakondara, 15 points
3. Mercedini, 15 points
5. Kalosia, 10 points
6. Cosneolta, 10 points
6. Ethane, 10 points
6. Tödlichebujoku, 10 points
9. Normandy & Picardy, 9 points
10. Zeganas, 5 points
11. Izmedu, 5 points
11. Kwadai, 5 points
11. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, 5 points
17. Anollasia, 0 points
17. Besini, 0 points
17. Estogium, 0 points
17. Kannap, 0 points
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Stela: The next nation is up for their votes to be revealed is Ethane. Like Nightom, they scored 10 points from Phase I, getting their 5s Anollasia and Estogium. Alright, I can reveal to you that Ethane received...

8 POINTS

As Ethane's votes were added, it only looked more tighter at the top. However, the crowd were once again cognizant of the fact that again, only a small amount of points were rewarded... As Phase II continued on, eventually, one of the big hitters had to hit.

Stela: Congratulations to Ethane, you end the night with 18 points! Well done. Alright, things are only getting more intense.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Stela: Up next on the voting floor is Todlichebujoku. Similarly to the two previous nations, they received 10 points in Phase I, having quite the comeback by scoring 5 points from Ethane and Nightom. How will they fare in Phase II? Alright, producers just chattered in my ears, and I got the number... Todlichebujoku received...

2 POINTS

It had been the lowest Phase II haul since Zeganas', causing the crowd in the Macjena to be stunned to a near silence for a few seconds at the ensuing result. After a few seconds, the crowd cheered for the Todlichebujoki entry in a show of support.

Stela: I am so sorry, Todlichebujoku. However, it's not all gloom, Satu Sorge & Jiro end the night with 12 points regardless of what happens. So, well done. Alright, still many more nations to go.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Stela: The next nation up for their votes to be revealed is Kannap. Now, we're back to a nation that did not receive any Phase I votes. So, you know the deal. I can reveal to you that the amount of votes that Kannap received is...

9 POINTS

Things were looking up once again, though as soon as Kannap's votes were recorded, anxiety began to develop within the crowdgoers and people at home. This was as close to the halfway point as one could get, something major was bound to happen quite soon.

Stela: Congratulations Kannap, you end the night with 9 points on our leaderboard. Once again, well done.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Stela: Next on our line is Kwadai. They received 5 points from Phase I, getting their one set of 5 from Todlichebujoku. How will they fare for Phase II? Ah, I got their points... And I can reveal to you that Kwadai received...

10 POINTS

There were cheers to be had at Kwadai's entry receiving this many points. However, it was short-lived for some as Kwadai's points had meant that the halfway mark for Phase II had passed, giving much anxiety to those whose nations haven't been announced yet.

Stela: Congratulations Kwadai! On your first World Hit Festival, you end your debut outing with 15 points. Well done.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Stela: Alright, we got Estogium's votes waiting to be revealed. They did not receive any Phase I votes, so hopefully this Phase bears some good news. Hmm... I got a number, and I can reveal to you that Estogium received this amount in Phase II...

6 POINTS

It was another moment of brief silence, followed by a cheer. This was where the crowd truly got anxious, with it being down to the last 6 nations after Estogium.

Stela: I am so sorry, Estogium, you end the night with 6 points regardless. Well done.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Stela: Alright, the next nation up is one that we all know, because we're in it and we're the ones hosting. Yes, yes, it's Izmedu's turn. If it wasn't possible for the anxiety level to go from maximum to stratospheric, it's possible now. Alright, Izmedu received 5 points from Phase I, getting a 5 from Kannap. How much do we receive from Phase II? Ok, I received the result, and I can reveal to you that Izmedu received...

21 POINTS

This caused the Majcena Foruma to go haywire, the home crowd clearly in utter joy seeing Izmedu attain that many points from Phase II. The rather loud cheer caused Stela to have to hold back for a few seconds to let the crowd run through its paces.

Stela: Whoa there! Alright, let's all calm down, we have 5 nations left still, hold your horses! Congratulations to Izmedu, the host nation ends with 26 points, well done.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:00 am

Stela: We have Anollasia's vote in store for you now. We're back to a nation that did not score anything on Phase I vote, so who knows where our friends from Anollasia will end up. Alright, I got their Phase II vote. Anollasia received...

9 POINTS

In the final lead up with only 5 nations, now 4, remaining. It was a return back to the mid-sized points that largely dominated the majority of Phase II. Many had noted that something was bound to happen at the very end, considering who has yet to have their votes revealed. Regardless, the Macjena cheered in support for the Anollasian entry.

Stela: Anollasia end the night with 9 points, well done.
Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:15 am

Stela: We have Besini's vote for you. Like Anollasia, they received no points in Phase I. Alright, I got a number on my head. Besini received this many points in Phase II...

8 POINTS

Only three nations were left standing after Besini's vote. Another mid-sized points haul. The crowd were getting antsier by the minute, what would it be like in the last three votes?

Stela: Besini end the night with 8 points, well done. Alright, we're down to three nations. This is gonna be tense.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 am

Stela: Ah, this next nation is a mouthful. We got Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles on the line. They got 5 points in Phase I. Alright, I can feel the tension flaring, so I'll reveal the points now. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles received...

8 POINTS

This caused the crowd to go haywire. With Monaero now revealed to have not gotten any points to contend, it was now down to the last two nations that haven't been revealed yet...

Stela: Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles end the night with 13 points! Well done. Alright, I can feel my hand shaking, and I can surely feel all of you about to positively panic in the Majcena. Only two nations left!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:00 am

Stela: Alright, we're down to our final two votes, which we have a special procedure planned for this. After the last vote, only three nations are left standing that may well win the World Hit Festival tonight. Izmedu, Mercedini, and Euskirribakondara. Izmedu has received all of their points for the night, in the lead with 26, but neither Mercedini nor Euskirribakondara have gotten all their points left, and there's a lot left on the table.

It was now down to the last three nations that, for now, looked primed to take home the trophy. There was Izmedu, sitting with 26 points, and Mercedini and Euskirribakondara, who have yet to receive their points. With the songs being massively popular in the Macjena, there was no telling who was supporting who. As Stela said each nation's name, a three-way split screen appeared for a moment as Gabrijel & Anita, Leanne, and Nadija all waved at the sudden appearances of the cameras. The tension was palpable in the Majcena.

Stela: We'll go through Mercedini's vote first. They received 15 points in Phase I... Now, I can tell you that Mercedini received...

19 POINTS

The crowd went into a frenzy seeing Mercedini now clinch the lead, but it was an atmosphere of uncertainty since many knew that Euskirribakondara was left standing, there was no time to waste.

Stela: Mercedini end the night with 34 points, their best ever total yet and no matter what happens, guaranteed their best result! They're now in the lead. Congratulations! Now...

Stela had to quickly accelerate the process in order to make sure that the crowd wasn't at risk of taking over the show entirely.

Stela: Only Euskirribakondara are left standing. They received 15 points in Phase I like Mercedini. However, have they gotten enough points to topple Mercedini's lead? They received...

21 POINTS

The crowd had well and truly lost it. Despite it not being revealed, the winner was clear at the outset when the points were applied to Euskirribakondara's total. There was no escaping the pandemonium of the Majcena Foruma, there was a winner.

Stela: Incredible! Euskirribakondara end the night with 36 points!!!
Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:05 am

As soon as Euskirribakondara's votes were added to the scoreboard, it was no secret anymore. Nadija Djokanovic had won for her nation, and suitably, the Majcena Foruma was suddenly overcome with the dual glows of the Euskal national colors, causing the crowd to go into such an excited cheer that Stela couldn't help but be at awe by the reaction. The scoreboard making itself known to the crowd as soon as Stela had said the vote didn't help matters, and thus, Stela was left having to wait a bit before she could have the chance to speak. With no end to the cheering, Stela put the microphone to her mouth.

Stela: Folks! We have a winner! With an astounding 36 points, Nadija Djokanovic and Euskirribakondara have won with “Po, Daj Mi Ljubavte!” Congratulations!

The leitmotif of the 31st World Hit Festival was played as shower sparks were released from the stage. Even the exterior of the Majcena Foruma was coated in the Euskal colors, with the camera taking a few moments to an aerial shot of the arena's exterior, showing the Euskal flag proudly projected on the architecture, before fading back to the stage. As the stage was prepared for the winner's reprise, and with Katarina Zunic on the wings read to hand over the World Hit Festival trophy to Nadija Djokanovic, this was where the camera re-focused back on Stela, looking rather emotional as the crowd finally calmed down.

Stela: Once again, congratulations to Euskirribakondara and Nadija. As with any show, we have to wrap it up and end, and unfortunately, this marks the ending of the 31st World Hit Festival.

The lights began to darken as a spotlight traced itself onto Stela.

Stela: It's been an honor being your hostess, and it's also been an honor for my country to have had the chance to host this contest, three times in a row now. You're all probably tired of being here, and we now have new places to explore! Three editions in one nation is probably a little bit maddening haha. Just ask our financial department.

The crowd shared quite the hearty laugh, but it died down as Stela was ready to speak once again.

Stela: From all of us here at RTI, thank you. Thank you the 17 nations that participated with us tonight, thank you to the 17 artists that worked hard to craft their songs, and thank you, the fans, for being here tonight. All of you make the World Hit Festival, the World Hit Festival.

Stela: It's time to say goodbye, we'll let Nadija take it from here. It's been a pleasure.

With an 'ok' and 'peace' sign in succession, that was Stela's sign-out before her hostess duties were relieved. It was time for Nadija to perform her winning song...
Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm

EUSK1 providing partial results after the second round of voters of Phase II....
(late posting, I know, but I love doing this XD)

Points left to be awarded: 65 points

1. Izmedu, 26 points
2. Nightom, 19 points
3. Ethane, 18 points
4. Artsakhestan, 16 points
5. Kwadai, 15 points
6. Euskirribakondara, 15 points
6. Mercedini, 15 points
8. Tödlichebujoku, 12 points
9. Kalosia, 10 points
10. Cosneolta, 10 points
11. Kannap, 9 points
12. Normandy & Picardy, 9 points
13. Estogium, 6 points
14. Zeganas, 5 points
15. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, 5 points
17. Anollasia, 0 points
17. Besini, 0 points
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:34 pm

EUSK1 providing partial results before the two last countries are announced....

Points left to be awarded: 40 points

1. Izmedu, 26 points
2. Nightom, 19 points
3. Ethane, 18 points
4. Artsakhestan, 16 points
5. Kwadai, 15 points
6. Euskirribakondara, 15 points
6. Mercedini, 15 points
8. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, 13 points
9. Tödlichebujoku, 12 points
10. Kalosia, 10 points
11. Cosneolta, 10 points
12. Kannap, 9 points
13. Anollasia, 9 points
14. Normandy & Picardy, 9 points
15. Besini, 8 points
16. Estogium, 6 points
17. Zeganas, 5 points
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:44 pm

EUSK1 providing the final scoreboard (text version) of WHF31....

1. Euskirribakondara, 36 points
2. Mercedini, 34 points
3. Izmedu, 26 points

4. Nightom, 19 points
5. Ethane, 18 points
6. Artsakhestan, 16 points
7. Kwadai, 15 points
8. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, 13 points
9. Tödlichebujoku, 12 points
10. Kalosia, 10 points
11. Cosneolta, 10 points
12. Kannap, 9 points
13. Anollasia, 9 points
14. Normandy & Picardy, 9 points
15. Besini, 8 points
16. Estogium, 6 points
17. Zeganas, 5 points

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:56 pm

WINNER'S REPRISE
Tune: Poli Genova - If Love Was a Crime
Title Transcription: "Po, Daj Mi Ljubavte"
Title Translation: Come On, Give Me Your Love
Language(s): Sirbadian, Euskal, Hinga, Portuguese

Lyrics by: Nadija Djokanović, Dago Txabes
Music by: Nadija Djokanović, Borislav Milanov, Poli Genova

Nadija Djokanović hadn't stopped crying yet. It was all happy tears of course, but forever in her mind the memories of the sixth Euskirribakondaran win would have a blurry filter because of her tears. Watching the whole Majcena Foruma explode in joy with the announcement of the Euski win was just too much for this girl from Viskuncagrad, who two years ago wouldn't have even dreamed to step on a WHF stage, let alone step twice to perform the reprise of a winning entry. Euskirribakondarans have an almost inexplicable love for their country, and watching Izmeduans "fly" the national colors with such love was just heartwarming for everyone in the Euskal delegation. They tried to fix Nadija's makeup, but it was useless.... She just couldn't contain herself.

She received the WHF trophy from Katarina Zunic after a very heartfelt hug, and a small exchange of words. "Hvala lipa" said Nadija, to which Katarina replied "Čestitam (congratulations) Nadija, you deserve this moment". The stage rapidly turned pitch black and the stage crew gave Nadija a microphone. It took a few seconds before the seven additional screens dropped from the ceiling in several parts of the Foruma. Nadija stood in the center of the square, as the crowd roared awaiting the beginning of the song. Finally, the spotlights from the roof began projecting the beams of bright white light that formed a cylinder around the frontal square of the stage. And the song began.

The mosaic of screens showed Nadija's face. One screen showed her left eye, one screen showed her lips, another her nose, and so on. The makeup was completely messed up, but she was so happy no one would care... one could see in her eyes that she felt as proud as she had never felt before. Each screen had a different color filter, building a pop-art image effect. The cameras showed this mosaic of colored screens as the song started. Nadija had her eyes closed and smiled before delivering the first lines of her song, in Euskal language, the nation-wide official language of her country. As she sang, the screen images were beating to the rhythm of the song and exchanging colors.
[0:19 - 0:25]
Unea izan, exnaraki. (It's time to wake up.)
Axatzeapu, zu ikartuta... (When you are getting up, are you...)
Izanári zerbaki? (Afraid of anything?)

The camera zoomed out and changed its angle, breaking the mosaic illusion. All these screens changed to an orange filter, and all of the spotlights and stage outlines also changed their color to a yellow-orange-red hue palette (the stage floor was still black). The dancers appeared and began performing their choreography (two men and one woman on each side of Nadija). For this next verse, the camera began horizontally panning from left to right showing the backing dancers/singers and Nadija. Unlike in the original performance, the screens stayed, showing the words "Thank You" in the languages of the other sixteen participating countries.
[0:27 - 0:34]
Orduan kilak, zu jansa... (Why then, do you put on..)
Egunero sopalak goian... (Daily over your shoulders...)
Hurk' irribixea karsa? (That load that drags down your smile?)

Attention shifted over to back of the stage, where Irina had appeared with a white canvas screen behind her (she had been hidden so far from the cameras and the audience with lighting tricks). A large portable spotlight was placed in front of her. With her body and some props, she was creating shadows in that canvas, that were being captured by the camera (conveniently located between her and the canvas, but angled so that it wouldn't cast any shadow over any of the two). These shadows were the graphic description of the lines of the following verse, sang by Nadija in her native language (Sirbadian).
[0:35 - 0:43]
Stavljate seb (Imagine)
Siluetu nožnici (The silhouette of scissors)
Za dlja razbite (To break)
Lance tih steni (The chains of those shadows)

Now the camera was taking a panoramic shot of the stage (circling around) and the bits of the stage floor that could be colored were beating with orange (as in the Euskal flag) light. As Nadija sang, the camera was zooming in. The backing dancers kept on dancing, their choreography being minimalist and urban-hip-hoppy in style. On the background screens, blue (as in the Euskal flag) arcs appeared, one behind the other, synchronized with the song's tempo.
[0:44 - 0:50]
Ustvaranje črno (Creating black)
Je teže naći svitlo (Is harder than creating light)
No je vsegno najtemnje... (But it's always darkest...)

With the last note, the stage went pitch black; and with the sound effect of 0:52 (and like in the OOC video), yellowish spotlights from all over the arena were turned on and rapidly focused on Nadija. She profited the small pause to shout...
Thank you everyone!

To then continue with the song...
[0:53 - 0:55]
... pred zore; uvzit skok vjere! (... before the dawn; take the leap of faith!)

A fast flash of pyrotechnics illuminated the arena from the stage, and the stage came back to life with sky blue colored light on every screen, spotlight and stage outline. Nadija now joined her people dancing (she had been only singing and gesturing until now), the camera work being very similar to that in the OOC video (horizontal pans in circular motions, zooms both out and in) and a lot of light and energy overall. The camera was now also showing the audience of the Majcena Foruma who was dancing and singing with Nadija: it was definitely the climax of the night.
[0:55 - 1:13]
Po, daj ti silate (Come on, give yourself your own strength)
Ti si silate (You are your own strength)
Po, daj mju silate (Come on, give out your strength)
Samo tvoje, lancuhi i ključi! (Only yours are the chains and the keys)

Po, daj ti silate (Come on, give yourself your own strength)
Ti si silate (You are your own strength)
Po, daj mju silate (Come on, give out your strength)
Samo tej kto, mevažaje tovo! (You're the only one hindering this!)

Everyone froze as the chorus ended with an audible loud cheer from the audience (which the sound engineer had already decided not to tune down for the broadcast). The cameras were on Irina and her canvas again, who again, with her body and props, was casting shadows over the canvas that echoed the lyrics of the song (the language had changed back to Euskal). Nadija was giving the performance of her lifetime, for sure; we couldn't hear her much anyway, though, so if she ever missed a note, we will never know, because the roar of the Foruma was much louder than her own voice.
[1:17 - 1:23]
Unea izan, nouro kosteaki (It's time to start over)
Krozeapu, gure'baguneak... (Growing up, will we...)
Alfirrarípari? (Waste our opportunities?)

Irina left to the backstage. The stage was less lit than during the chorus, but it still was colorful. The camera now focused on Nadija, who made a 360° turn (her dress gracefully flowing with her) and began walking forward as she sang, looking directly into the camera and using her arms to convey the message of her lyrics. During the time in which the back of the stage was not visible, the stage crew took away the canvas and the spotlight of Irina. The Izmeduan crew interspersed her images with those of the crowd: we could see all kinds of people, young and old, men and women, having fun. Most of them singing too, the lyrics being shown on the seven screens provided by EUSK1.
[1:26 - 1:32]
Orduan kilak, zu ez... (Why then, don't you...)
Egunero aitortzen zuhá... (Everyday acknowledge yourself...)
Kisa benkogizanez*? (As a benkogizana*?)

*A 'benkogizana' is a concept in Euskal philosophy which represents the true nature of mankind: a human being with both virtues and flaws that can fail and succeed throughout his life in a duality universe where balance is achieved acknowledging both sides.

Now a panoramic view of the stage allowed us to watch the backing dancers again, who began the corresponding part of the choreography (without Nadija). The screens now showed water patterns (like a window in the rain, with a lot of drops and some lines of flowing water), and the floor looked like rippling water. Nadija changed back into Sirbadian, as the cameras were dynamically moving around the stage to show both her and her dancers.
[1:34 - 1:42]
Mi vsi majemo (We all have)
Naše otvoreni rani (Our open wounds)
Vsi majemo (All of us have)
Naše istoriji (Our own history)

Suddenly, all the crew fell down and gradually tried to get back up again. The camera "fell down" with them as well, creating a nice visual effect for the broadcast. They were supposed to get up, but all of them (the six dancers, who were WHF die-hard fans) and Nadija were so ecstatic that they decided to stay lying on the ground. Blue fire flames were surrounding the main stage, growing in size as the song continued. For the last line (the first one in Portuguese, by the way), which Nadija and her backing singers sang passionately, the fire flames "exploded" and changed into orange/red.
[1:43 - 1:51]
I ako padajemo (And if we fall down)
Mi vraćamo znovu, ne? (We get back up again, don't we?)
Što se bojitem?... (What are you afraid of?)
Não tenha medo de tentar! (Do not be afraid to try!)

The stage was now entirely lit, the spotlights stage contours in orange, and the floor showing a red beating heart. Nadija and her crew stood up, visibly joyful; and they altogether decided to add a twist to the performance. They would sing in Izmeduan. The seven screens showed the six dancers and Nadija; in a filter of the Izmeduan flag. A camera was traveled from the back of the arena to the stage, showing the different screens in a brisk manner, flying over the audience. The camera then caught the audience in the Majcena Foruma screaming even louder than earlier, the Izmeduan home crowd proudly waving their flags in celebration of Nadija's win and to the appearance of the Izmeduan language in the reprise. One screen showed Izmeduans waving their flags, another would show the Euskal audience cheering with the same, unbridled energy of excitement.
[1:52 - 2:10]
Ej, daj mi ljubaur (Hey, give me your love)
Daj mi ljubaur (Give me your love)
Danas je sad, tamo ništo drugo! (Today is now, there's nothing else!)

Daj mi ljubaur (Give me your love)
Danas je sad, tamo ništo drugo!... Oh-oh-oh! (Today is now, there's nothing else! Oh-oh-oh!)

For the next few lyricless seconds, different cameras among the stage audience showed people from different countries and backgrounds dancing to the song, enjoying themselves with the Euskal entry; with orange and yellow spotlights illuminating everything and everyone (the seven additional hanging screens changed to show the Euskal flag). The stage was turned off entirely except for the floor of the main frontal square, which shone brightly focusing on the crew, who was standing and smiling behind Nadija in a triangular layout (the four men on the back; in front of them the two women; and in front of them, Nadija). The last line of this verse was also changed to Izmeduan, so the Izmeduan crowd was again pumped up with more excitement as Nadija sang that last line in Izmeduan.
[2:18 - 2:26]
Os dois podemos caprichar... (Both of us can work it out...)
Não pense que não vai dar... (Do not think that we're not going to succeed...)
Deixa acontecer o amor... (Let the love happen freely...)
Imamo među, to je buosta! (We have each other and that's enough!)

The stage went again pitch black as Nadija breath heavily to the beat and the dancers distributed themselves along the stage. When the music started over, almost magically, the lips, eye lids, shin bones and hands of the whole crew and Nadija were the only thing that could be seen (thanks to glow-in-the-dark make-up). They began dancing, with the stage still dark, and the effect on camera was beautiful. The light was gradually increasing, revealing them and the stage. The cameras were moving dynamically through and around them, and by the end of the chorus, the whole arena was bright again.
[2:29 - 2:46]
Po, daj mju ljubavte (Come on, give your love to 'us'*)
Daj mju ljubavte (Give out your love to 'us'*)
Po, daj mju ljubavte (Come on, give out your love)
Mi je vso - ništo ničnoho! (We are all we have, and that's enough!)

Po, daj mju ljubavte (Come on, give your love to 'us'*)
Daj mju ljubavte (Give out your love to 'us'*)
Po, daj mju ljubavte (Come on, give out your love)
Mi je vso - ništo ničnoho! (We are all we have, and that's enough!)

*As in 'you and me', the 'us' project of a couple.

Nadija and her crew descended from the stage and started walking into the audience. As Nadija descended, a shower of sparks was released from the main stage conduit as well as confetti, especially draped in the Euskal colors of its particular shade of orange and light blue, was launched from all sides of the stage. The camera pulled back at brisk moments to show the massive scale of the celebration, with the confetti descending onto the stage gently in celebration of the Euskal victory. During these celebrations, Nadija and her crew interacted with the lucky audience members sitting in the front wings, singing these lines directly at them. A lucky audience member was even able to have their hand held by Nadija as she sang 'Mērā hāth pakadhō,' as she sang that line directly at them with her determined smile, before turning to another audience member in pure excitement.
[2:47 - 2:55]
Amē ajēyā kacōhō (We are invincible)
Yā tūphān bēm tharābam (And we will survive this storm)
Mērā hāth pakadhō (Grab my hand)
Po, daj mi ljubavam! (Come on, give me true love!)

It was time to show the rest of the audience some love to as the reprise ended its close, with Nadija and her crew conglomerating at the middle gap that separated both sides of the audience. They proceeded to sing to the audience, holding hands and singing to as many as they possibly could despite the frenetic and high energy pace of the reprise. Sometimes, the confetti made it almost impossible to see if anyone was seeing each other. However, with the euphoric instrumentation of the song resonating through the Majcena Foruma and the radiant vocals from Nadija, she, her crew, and all 10,000 or so members of the audience all felt that mutual happiness resonating within them. Even if it was a moment soon to end, this was a night that they wouldn't forget.
[2:55 - 3:02]
Mām̐ hāmān hai kī ēkatrā (I believe that together)
Saphalā rāyā hānā (We are both prosperous and victorious)
Adhik pūch kadhōṁ? (Why do we ask for more?)

With the last line in Izmeduan, it was an impactful end to a beautiful, emotional, and euphoric reprise. Nadija and her crew had conglomerated to the front of the audience as the 8 sang that last line with pure joy. Similar to the original performance, all 8 of them raised their left hands up in the air.
[3:02 - 3:04]
Imamo među, to je buosta! (We have each other, and that's enough!)

As the vocals ceased, pyros were immediately shot from the stage causing the still-cheering crowd to cheer even louder in response. The camera lingered on the crew for a few seconds before cutting back to an aerial view of the Majcena Foruma, standing proudly with the Euskal flag projected and arched around the circular formation of the architecture. The sounds of the crowd could still be heard as the Majcena Foruma's exterior pulsed, increasing the clarity and brightness of the Euskal flag's image. The camera then faded back to an image of the interior...

Nadija held the trophy again in her hands and shouted...
Hvala lipa Mousiki! And thank you world.... See you in Euskirribakondara for WHF32!

It was a full-out celebration as the credits began to roll on the 31st World Hit Festival. The entirety of the Euskal and Izmeduan delegations had descended upon the stage to congratulate Nadija, as many in the green room had also broken off from their positions to begin the post-show mingling. The high energy of the reprise only served to show that, despite the show being over, the night certainly was not over. Despite the credits rolling on the screens, many in the Majcena and in Mousiki knew that this was the beginning of a very long night of celebration. City organizers were prepared to give Nadija a hero's celebration and after-parties were in the mix. At the credit's ending and with the RTI sign-off, that signaled the official end of the 31st World Hit Festival. However, it was only the beginning of a long night... With the cameras stopped rolling, the post-show action had only just begun.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates