NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 31 - Mousiki, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Estogium! And hey there, Karjohan! Do you have Estogium's 5 with you by any chance?

Karjohan Katejan: Hekki Izmedu! Hello and welcome to Estogium! I am in the great Alshkan to deliver the votes from Estogium. It has been quite some time since I went to the World Hit Festival, but I hope to return one day! I have the top points here...They go to...

ETHANE

Karjohan Katejan: Yay! Thank you, and see you later!

Stela: See you later, Karjohan! We'll be here all night, don't you worry. Next up is Besini.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Besini!... Besini? Are you there? I'm getting something on my earpiece, and well, it looks like we got a technical error on our signals.

Stela: Don't worry, Stela's here to save tonight. I can reveal to you that Besini's 5 points go to...

MONAEROGLISSEUREST PLEINDANGUILLES

Stela: Next up, it's Todlichebujoku.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Todlichebujoku! And... well hey there, Gazela. Can we have your Phase I vote?

Gazela Paredes: Hello Mousiki! SterGo calling, we absolutely loved experiencing all that music in Mousiki!

*she winks*

Stela: We'll hire you for the slogan next time, gorgeous. Got 5 points?

Gazela Paredes: The 5 points go to...

KWADAI

Gazela Paredes: Thank you so much Izmedu for the wonderful show so far, just as stunning as always!

Stela: Well, hvala! I'd wager just as stunning as you, eh?

Gazela Paredes: Good night and good luck all!

Stela: And just like that... The show must go on! Next up is Artsakhestan!
Last edited by Izmedu on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Artsakhestan! Hey there Luara, do you have your nation's phase 1 vote?

Luara Avetisyan-Gomez: Barev dzez Ashkharhë! Stepanarvashat calling with points from Artsakhestan for the first time since WHF13, when we last participated... And when I sang, actually. That's what brought me here tonight, hehe. We really want to thank everyone for the welcome back, and especially Izmedu for a wonderful hosting there in Mousiki.

Stela: That's... It's truly an honor, thank you so much! As we say, hvala lipa.

Luara Avetisyan-Gomez: And the five, or hing, as we say in Armenian, points fly to........

Viskuncagrad! The hometown of Nadija from

EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA

Luara Avetisyan-Gomez: Bye bye! Hvala!

Stela: Hvala! Thank you so much for the votes, that was incredible. Alright, phew, had to shake off a few chills. Next up, it's Zeganas!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53 pm

EUSK1 providing partial results after the first round of voters of the Phase I....

Countries that have voted in phase I: 6 out of 17

1. Ethane, 5 points
1. Euskirribakondara, 5 points
1. Kwadai, 5 points
1. Mercedini, 5 points
1. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, 5 points
1. Nightom, 5 points
17. Anollasia, 0 points
17. Artsakhestan, 0 points
17. Besini, 0 points
17. Cosneolta, 0 points
17. Estogium, 0 points
17. Izmedu, 0 points
17. Kalosia, 0 points
17. Kannap, 0 points
17. Normandy & Picardy, 0 points
17. Tödlichebujoku, 0 points
17. Zeganas, 0 points
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Zeganas!... Zeganas? Looks like we got another broadcast error, my earpiece is buzzing with activity, it looks like their signal output went out on us. Don't panic, we got their votes.

Stela: Alright, I can reveal to you that Zeganas gave their 5 points to...

MERCEDINI

Stela: Phew, alright, things are heating up. Alright, let's not relax just yet, we have many votes to go over still before Phase I is over. Kwadai's up next.
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Kwadai!... Kwadai? Are you there? Well... Looks like whoever in RTI is maintaining the signals from international broadcasters to ours is definitely not going to have a happy night after. Production in my earpiece is not happy right now either.

Stela: In the buzz of their commotion, they did give me Kwadai's 5 points... They go to...

COSNEOLTA

Stela: Congratulations Eva! Izmedu's proud of you. Next up is Kannap!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Kannap! And good evening Connor! May we get your nation's 5 points?

Connor Caldwell: Of course! The 5 points go to...

IZMEDU

Stela: Wow!!! Thank you very much Connor, and thank you Kannap! Well the Majcena just got even more electric, I feel slightly dizzy... Well, we can't just crash, we have Anollasia's vote next.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Anollasia! May we have your nation's 5 points?

Ann Grobe: Hello, Mousiki! Is everybody having a good time?

*audience cheers*

Ann Grobe: That's great to hear. Now, allow me to present who Anollasia is giving its five points to. And the five points go to...

ETHANE

Ann Grobe: Congratulations! Good luck to everybody participating and good night.

Stela: Thank you Ann and thank you Anollasia for your votes! It's certainly turning out to be a fabulous night. Up next is Euskirribakondara

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Euskirribakondara! Welcome back to the World Hit Festival. And hey Xabi, may we have your nation's five points?

Xabi Urkiola: Well, hello there multiverse! Hello there World Hit Festival family! Euskirribakondara is back and we could not be happier about sharing with you one more edition of this beautiful contest, Even voting has changed since the last time we participated, so I'm here only to announce the five points from Euskirribakondara. And they go....

:sings: Soaring through the sky.... to

MERCEDINI

Xabi Urkiola: Congratulations Leanne Cantrelli! And good luck everyone!

Stela: Incredible! Thank you so much Xabi and thank you Euskirribakondara! Wow, the energy in my heart... Up next is well, you might know this nation, it's Izmedu.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Izmedu! And good evening Anamarija, glad to see you again granted this guarantees that you've been here for every time we've hosted. Do you have the host's 5?

Anamarija Lubina: Likewise, Stela! Dobra vecer Izmedu. I know this will pain some of you in the audience, but this is Vodiznad calling, sorry for any of the Mousikians in there. It's been an incredible night, we've been partying hard since daylight, and well, it's been an awe-inspiring show. We pulled through in Vodiznad twice, let's see it happen in Mousiki, ready for the five points?

Stela: Woman, the anticipation is killing us here in the Majcena! So, who is it?

Anamarija Lubina: Izmedu's 5 points go.... to............

EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA

Anamarija Lubina: It's been a great show! Have fun down there in Mousiki!

Stela: Wow! Alright, I'm not sure if the Majcena can survive this much excitement, but woo! Alright, up next is Kalosia!
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:18 pm

EUSK1 providing partial results after the second round of voters of the Phase I....

Countries that have voted in phase I: 12 out of 17

1. Mercedini, 15 points
2. Ethane, 10 points
2. Euskirribakondara, 10 points
4. Cosneolta, 5 points
4. Izmedu, 5 points
4. Kwadai, 5 points
4. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, 5 points
4. Nightom, 5 points
17. Anollasia, 0 points
17. Besini, 0 points
17. Estogium, 0 points
17. Kalosia, 0 points
17. Kannap, 0 points
17. Tödlichebujoku, 0 points
17. Zeganas, 0 points

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Kalosia! Good evening Rian, looking fabulous now aren't you? Do you have Kalosia's 5 with you?

Rian Dalesso: Good evening Mousiki! I hope you all still remember me from a few weeks ago. Anyway, here I have with me the results of the Kalosian vote. And the 5 points go to...

EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA

Stela: Thanks Rian! Think we're getting to the home stretch of this phase, Mercedini's next.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Mercedini! Good evening Samuel, nice to see you as the Mercedinian spokesperson again. Do you have Mercedini's 5?

Samuel Borlaviac: Hello, Izmedu. This is Zoloroni calling and hvala for a fantastic show! We have seen some tremendous performances tonight, so a big congratulations to everyone in the green room. I would give you all five points if I could... here are our points. The 5 points go to...

COSNEOLTA

Stela: Incredible! Thanks Mercedini and thank you Samuel for your votes. And of course, congratulations to Eva once again. Alright, next up is Normandy and Picardy!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Nomandy and Picardy! Good evening Julie, can we have your nation's 5 points?

Julie Baptiste: Hello Mousiki, Hello WHF! We love you! We loved all the songs on show tonight, but one song really stood out for us and won the Normand televote in a landslide. Should we see who that is? Here we go...

NIGHTOM

Stela: Thank you for the votes, Julie! Can't believe we're near the end of Phase I. Ethane is next!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Ethane! Oh my god, Jeremy Granger! Wow! Ok... Alright we have to wait for this crowd to calm down. I don't think we're gonna be able to speak a good... ok then...

Stela: Ok, good evening Jeremy. After that crowd cheer, let's get the vote in quickly, shall we? Do you have Ethane's 5 points with you?

Jeremy Granger: Hello Izmedu! It's great to see you all again! What a great night that was! So many talented singers, it is unbelievable almost. I am so excited to be revealing Ethane's votes. So, here's the five points...

TODLICHEBUJOKU

Jeremy Granger: There they are. Oh, just before I go! To all my Izmeduan fans, I'm not finished yet.

Stela: Oh my goodness I think we're all having revelations! Thank you Jeremy, just... oh goodness we might have to revive ourselves. Alright, it's all down to Nightom.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Stela: Dobra vecer Nightom! Good evening Gvana, do you have Nightom's 5?

Gvana Duic: Hello Izmedu, Hello wonderful country and hello the best contest there is! I am Gvana and I am here to give out the top points from the Nightomese Jury. What a great show it has been in Izmedu - what fantastic fans!

5 points...

TODLICHEBUJOKU

Oh my word!

Stela: Thank you Nightom! That's the end of Phase I!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:22 pm

EUSK1 providing partial results after the third (and last) round of voters of the Phase I....

Countries that have voted in phase I: 17 out of 17

1. Euskirribakondara, 15 points
1. Mercedini, 15 points
3. Cosneolta, 10 points
3. Ethane, 10 points
3. Nightom, 10 points
3. Tödlichebujoku, 10 points
7. Izmedu, 5 points
7. Kwadai, 5 points
7. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, 5 points
17. Anollasia, 0 points
17. Besini, 0 points
17. Estogium, 0 points
17. Kalosia, 0 points
17. Kannap, 0 points
17. Zeganas, 0 points

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:15 pm

After the bevy of crowd cheer following Nightom's vote, the camera faded away from the graphic and into a wider shot of the arena, occasionally fading to a zoom-in of excited fans whose nations got votes that were waving their countries flags rather proudly.

Stela: Can you believe that? Phase I is finally over, but we've only revealed about 33% of the final result. Or, if you'd like to be more precise, we just gave out 85 points out of the possible 255, but there's still 170 points waiting out there to be given. So, fortunes can still change dramatically. Alright, before we move any further, can we have the scoreboard for Phase I?

At the advent of this scoreboard, there was a massive crowd cheer from the Euskal and Mercedinian contingent. Many were cognizant of the fact that of course, not many of the votes have been given out yet, and things can certainly change as Phase II roles along. However, it was clear that despite the advent of the Phase II vote rolling along, both entries would be going home with these considerably large points hauls.

Stela: Well, it looks like we got ourselves a two-way tie between Euskirribakondara and Mercedini! Congratulations to both nations! Both nations are currently at 15 points exactly, being given three sets of 5 points. However, as the only set of points that both nations have received are just five points, if we ended the show now, we would be facing a World Hit Festival 26 situation. For obvious reasons, we are not going to reveal who would win this tiebreaker, that'd be quite the spoiler alert.

Stela: Alright, it's time for us to take a little break and interview the contestants of both nations. Very briefly. Alright, let's get the cameras rolling in the green room. We'll start with Mercedini's entrant, the ever-gorgeous Leanne Cantrelli.

The camera faded to a split screen of the camera in the green room motioning towards the Mercedinian delegation, where Leanne Cantrelli was sitting. As soon as she was in camera shot, Stela smiled rather widely, and began to speak.

Stela: Hey there, Leanne! Congratulations on your nation receiving 15 points. If we ended this contest now, this would be Mercedini's best finish in the World Hit Festival. I have to ask the obvious question, with your nation in the lead, how are you feeling right now?

Leanne Cantrelli: Oh my, what can I say? I feel so thankful and so blessed to be in this position. We came here with hope that we could spread our message and maybe come home with a respectable result, but me nor the choir were thinking we could achieve this in a million years. I'm so happy that people realised our message and I hope that they can take solace in our song. I wish the best of luck to all of the amazing creators here, they have all done an amazing job and I wish them all the success in the world for the future.

Stela: That's some touching words there, Leanne. Alright, is there anything you'd like to say your fans?

Leanne Cantrelli: Well... for the three of them out there...[chuckle]... I'd like to thank all of you who have stuck by me thick and thin and I hope you are able to share this moment with me. Thanks for all the love and support you have given me on this journey and I hope that I did Mercedini proud tonight. Hopefully, I've picked up a couple more fans with this amazing experience and maybe if everything goes well I can come back to Izmedu to perform for you again!

Stela winked at Leanne's last comment, but even the hostess did not know of the final outcome, but she couldn't help but share a hearty chuckle with Leanne.

Stela: Leanne, it'd be an honor. Most certainly, you have more than three especially with that incredible voice of yours, but thank you so much for what you just said. Truly a heart of gold, but however, this is not a one-horse race. Euskirribakondara is right on their feet with the exact same points total. Alright, let's go over to the green room to interview the fabulous Nadija Djokanović.

The camera moved over from the Mercedinian delegation over to the Euskal one. After a few seconds, and after a near-trip from the cameraperson, the broadcast now featured a very excited Nadija and of course, a smiling Stela, who looked positively ready to interview the Euskal singer.

Nadija could not believe it. She was leading the scoreboard. Some foreign people would think she could take it for granted, coming from Euskirribakondara; but neither the country nor her took WHF for granted. As a matter of fact, the country was still let down after a very disappointing result in the last WorldVision. Would Nadija bring home joy again?

Stela: Hej Nadija! Likewise with Mercedini, if we ended this contest now, you could be walking home with the trophy. With your nation is currently in the lead, I have to ask these two questions... How are you feeling right now? And is there anything you'd like to say to your fans?

Nadija Djokanović: Ja.... Ja ne znaju.... Oh, sorry. Hahaha. I was about to speak in Sirbadian. I mean, with all the excitement it's almost impossible to think in another language. I mean, this says nothing about the final result because the phase II has a -LOT- of points to distribute; but it's just so amazing, and so... so humbling, to be sharing the first place with such a great act as Mercedini. My country's five points went to them for a reason! It was impressive. My goal here was just to bring that Euskal magic of making everyone feel something, in this case, joy , and making everyone dance; and I felt that with the Izmeduan audience... which I LOVE. VOLIM VAS IZMEDU. Also, gretsi Kalosia and shnorhakal em Artsakhestan!!! Good luck to all the countries!

Stela winked at Nadija for speaking initially in Sirbadian, doing an 'ok' sign followed by a chuckle. During Nadija's answer, Stela couldn't help but hold her free hand to her chest, it was truly a moving answer.

Stela: Ne brini, Nadija! Hvala lipa. We are immensely glad to have you on stage with us. As you said though, this show is certainly not over yet in terms of results, because phase II is yet to come.

[OOC: Massive thanks to Mercedini and Euskirribakondara for providing these answers to my mini-interviews. Thank you both so much! The order in which I posted is the order in which I received them.]

After the interview, the split-screen faded and we were back to a direct shot of Stela standing on stage. With the lights now gently dancing around and turning into a warmer blue color, the audience knew exactly what was coming up next in the next few sequences. It was time for the phase II vote. With a small podium rising from the ground, it caused the audience to begin to cheer.

Stela: I haven't even said a word yet haha! Well, some of you are ahead of me in the game. We're about to begin Phase II of the vote! This is the home stretch into finding our winner of the 31st World Hit Festival. Alright, I'll begin the process of explaining what happens here.

Stela: This will definitely be a reminder of the system used for World Hit Festival 26, but for nations that have joined us for this edition or perhaps weren't there to catch that particular edition. Let me explain what happens. We will go through each nation again to find out how many points they have received. One by one, we will see the 1 through 4 votes that each nation earned all at once, and we will break down who gave who in a quick graphic through the whole process.

Stela: It does sound admittedly very convoluted, but we'll see the process in action very quickly. We will be going in a somewhat random order, so sit tight, relax, and hold on. Your nation's fortunes could change in just me revealing who gave your nation their 1 through 4. With 170 points on offer, things can certainly change.

Stela: This is it. Let's begin Phase II!

The camera panned to the stage lights billowing down as dramatic music began to rumble through the Majcena Foruma amongst a flurry of crowd cheer.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Stela: Alright, the first nation up for their Phase II votes to be revealed is Cosneolta. They've received 10 points in Phase II, two sets of 5 from Mercedini and Kwadai. How will they fare? Alright, I can now reveal to you that Cosneolta received... ah dear...

0 POINTS

The crowd in the Majcena were at a loss of how to react. While Cosneolta would be going home with points, the dreaded '0' appeared for the singer that the Izmeduan crowd had called their own. Despite the clear result, a massive crowd cheer in support of Eva and the Cosneoltan delegation was to be had.

Stela: I am so sorry to Cosneolta and Eva. However, this does mean that Cosneolta end the night with 10 points in total. Job well done, give them a round of applause!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Stela: Alright, we got Zeganas' votes on the line here. They received no points in Phase I, so whatever points they receive here are going to be the points they will end with tonight. Alright, Zeganas received...

5 POINTS

It was another reaction of sympathy similar with Cosneolta, an audible 'awww' followed by a massive cheer for Zeganas.

Stela: Zeganas end the night with 5 points, well done. Alright, on to the next nation.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Stela: It's... Normandy and Picardy's turn. They received no votes in phase I, so how will they fare in Phase II? Let's find out... Alright, Normandy and Picardy received...

9 POINTS

Things were looking up points wise, as it was starting to look larger than the previous two votes. Despite the small points haul, the Majcena Foruma cheered in support for the Normand delegation.

Stela: Normandy and Picardy end the night with 9 points. Once again, well done, but there's still many nations and points out there running in the wild.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Stela: We now have... Artsakhestan's votes. Alright, like Normandy and Picardy before them, they received 0 points in Phase I. A lot of nations with no points getting points now, so if you find your nation got no points from Phase I, don't lose hope. Ok... Alright, I can reveal to you that Artsakehstan received...

16 POINTS

For the crowd in the Majcena, this caused them to erupt in a very, very loud volume. The Artsakhestani delegation had reason to be excited, and most certainly, so did everyone else. This was the largest amount of points given out all at once so far.

Stela: Congratulations to Artsakhestan! They end the night with 16 points, the largest so far. However, there are still many points waiting to find their home, so don't get complacent just yet.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Stela: Phew, that was exciting. Alright, the next nation up for their votes to be revealed is Kalosia. They received no points in Phase I, so whatever points they receive here will be the points they go out with tonight. Alright... Kalosia received...

10 POINTS

Another loud cheer for the Kalosian delegation rumbled through the Majcena Foruma. More nations were popping up on the scoreboard, but people began to wonder the order that these votes were posted... It certainly wasn't like the 26th World Hit Festival where the points were revealed by running order, nor was it done through the final finishing order...

Stela: Kalosia end the night with 10 points, well done.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Stela: Alright, we have quite the big hitter from Phase I on our hands, it's Nightom's turn. They received 10 points in Phase I, from Normandy and Picardy and Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, wow that was a handful on the latter. Alright, I got the votes... Nightom received...

9 POINTS

It was the first time tonight that a nation managed to score from both Phase I and Phase II, with Nightom attaining an almost equal amount of points from both instances.

Stela: Congratulations Nightom! You end the night with 19 points total, well done. There's still many more points to come through, however.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates