NATION

PASSWORD

Legends of Eroris II: Interregnum[OOC/OPEN/Fantasy-Medieval]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:13 am

Achesia wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:That depends...

Who got the victory money in that tournament, Achesia?

No one, cause the champion refused the purse.

No, the personal combat thing...
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:46 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Achesia wrote:
No one, cause the champion refused the purse.

No, the personal combat thing...

I think Finn?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Eyy, I made a post.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:43 am

Everhall wrote:Watch out Atlas.... :twisted:

Oh lord what now

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Returning to Nation Staates after some time away, I check the Portal to the Multiverse and this catches my eye.
The Lore thread is a great read.

I'm thinking about joining with a Beastman Mercenary/Agent for a Jarl/Alpha
What is the currently plot in the IC?

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Kaledoria wrote:Returning to Nation Staates after some time away, I check the Portal to the Multiverse and this catches my eye.

A Dread Invasion, Invasion of Atlas, Rise of Alaro Ashen.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Everhall wrote:
Kaledoria wrote:Returning to Nation Staates after some time away, I check the Portal to the Multiverse and this catches my eye.

A Dread Invasion, Invasion of Atlas, Rise of Alaro Ashen.

So this is the first I've heard of this. I thought we were just doing a dread invasion?
Last edited by Achesia on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Achesia wrote:
Everhall wrote:A Dread Invasion, Invasion of Atlas, Rise of Alaro Ashen.

So this is the first I've heard of this. I thought we were just doing a dread invasion?

Both.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Everhall wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Both.

Not really the route I agreed to go down.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Achesia wrote:
Everhall wrote:Both.

Don't worry, Atlas will not be conquered. A certain something is going to happen during a certain something

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Everhall wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Don't worry, Atlas will not be conquered. A certain something is going to happen during a certain something

Ah ok gotcha.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Achesia wrote:
Everhall wrote:Don't worry, Atlas will not be conquered. A certain something is going to happen during a certain something

Ah ok gotcha.

Though it will add for a little suspense with most of our characters in Atlas atm

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Okay, I think I will have to read, today, nevertheless. ;)
But I read with a focus on Atlas and Achesia's Posts.

So far, my Application:
Jack Copperhand (born Thaltrak Prince Darkspine; aka. Jone Ghongik, manservant of Jarl Asborn)

Race: Beastman
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: A noble pattern of black and white fur, a pleasent, soft face, making other Beastmen misjudgeing for 20, 22 at most.
Class: Agent?
Equipment: Mercenary stuff: Atgeir (a glaive-like spear), battleaxe and round shield, quiver with 5 wardarts, armor (gambeson, maile with plate chestpiece and gauntlets, scale-mail skirt, in battle a Barbute helmet, tailored for him.), bandages, bedroll, food-bag, water-skin, jug of meat, basic weapon and armor field repair tools
Spy stuff: paper, a quill fitted for the hands of a beastman, ink, disappearing ink, rope, grapple-hook, spy-glass, 3 smoke bombs, bag with caltrops, garotte
Magical stuff: incense (focus for comuning with nature), silver bowl (for scrying), ring of brief invisibility (15 seconds, 1/day)
Skills: Even though this is only a cover identity, Jack can compellingly prove his worth in a battle, trained in all infantry matters, especially in formation fighting.
In truth, his real strengths are his mind and his sneaky feet: Serving as Jarl Asborn's eyes and ears, Jack understands well all common languages of Eroris, excluding Aduran (Do the two elvens have a common language? If not, he does not speak Valyar either, no need to understand those southerners for a Norraväggian). While in his homeland, he can get away with earsdroppign on the Jarls political opponents in plain sight (disguised as a servant or any other low-life Lupan; Nords often ignore such), in foreign lands he can rely on hiding unseen, too (depending on the environment, anyway)
As a Lupan of noble bloodline, he holds some social and magical power, too, even if this is rarely acknoledged by humans or elves. Lower class Beastmen will often react respectful just due to his composure. Dominant (eventually other noble-born) Lupans, however, may react hostile, since his identity is secret and him acting and scenting like an alpha can be interpreted as presumptuousness, too.
Moreover, he is blessed with magical powers: Jack can call upon the spirits of nature, commune with them to share their knowledge with him. This is easiest in the light of the full moon, where Luna, emmisary of Norrav can grand the clearest visions. A rarer ability is, to have powerful spirits bless the area around him, giving it a (limited) shielding from the influences of the Dread Lords (and sometimes other forces, too. - It's a rare thing and rather unpredictable)
Weaknesses: Lupan women mostly. He does have a strong libido.
While he can usually conceal it, he has not entirely lost his pride, when faced with too many predjudice against his kin, his facades may break.
For a supposed agent, he is rather impulsive, prefering direct approaches and sometimes he is quite optimistic concerning the dangers.
While magic is in his blood, his education on the matter has been of lower quality and the results may vary.
Bio: Born to Vuncag Prince Darkspine (There is no King Darkspine anymore, but the title clearly has some connection to a specific mountain range in western Norravägg, formerly known by that name) as the second son, he would not be the heir to the bloodline but rather his birth was kept a secret and he was given to Vuncag's liege, Jarl Asborn (or rather his father Ansgar, but Ansgar was very old already), as a servant and hostage. He learned of his true family at the age of 12 but also understood, that his place in life was to be the servant of the Jarls, a lot he had come to accept already. After all, he had it much better then most Lupans, receiving a top notch education, a solid, small house right next to the Jarl's longhouse, good food and some liberties concerning discipline. Thaltrak, who went by the nord Name Jone at that time, truely was friends with - and loyal to - the Jarl.

And so his educations, in various fields, such as language, melee combat, etiquette and ambush tactics came to a conclusion, when Asborn started to send him out onto missions, gathering information or delivering very special packages or letters. He proved very effective at the task, mostly due to the fact, that many Nords simply did not expect a Lupan to be a spy. His training however was not finished. He learned the use of dagger and garotte, tools of the assassin. And finally came the day, when he was supposed to put this skills to use, too. A bard of unknown identity was traveling through the fief, supposedly slandering the Jarl and spreading lies about his ancestry, supposedly to prepare a takeover of the Jarldom by Jarl Wulfgar's brother Olaf. In fact, Jone found the bard, heard the lies and later brought the man to justice but not before following him around a bit and when he tried to figure out the human after the deed, there were some loose ends: Payment in coins, all minted recently and in the southernmost Jarldom (You know, near the gate through the Orrin's Wall), none in Wulfgard's fief; a contact with a strange accent, a fighting style not common to the Nords and a cyphered message, much to elaborate considering the fact, that him slandering Asborn in service of Wulfgar was a rather common rumor on the streets already. For all those evidences, Jone concluded, that the bard was not in fact sent by the neighboring Jarl but rather paid by outside forces to incide tension between the Jarls. When he brought this news to Asborn, the Jarl called back another Agent, who then reported of different rumors in Wulfgar's fief, suggesting, that Asborn was planing to steal Wulfgar's famous magical anchestral sword.

Asgar used all his diplomatic skills to defuse the situation and convince Wulfgar, that the two of them were being played. Jone on the other hand was given a new identity: Jack Copperhand, Beastman Mercenary and sent to find the source of these false accusations. This was just about a month before the descendant of Ayduin appeared in Yherion.

RP Sample: ...

Personality: On the surface he is a carefree, simple-minded mercenary. Below he is a brooding, torn between his nature and his duty. Having just recently killed a person after stalking him for several days, this weights heavily on his soul, because it did not exactly scare him and he does not know, whether this is the professional training he had received, or whether there really is a beast like side to his kin, as the humans often proclaim.
Likes: Good food, good meat and wine, wrenching, sports (swimming, running)
Dislikes: Hot days, zealous priests, boring stuff.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L78yVFeyvRo

The PIE! - Don't Remove; For Tracking

I'm still going over some aspects, like his approach on violence and actual combat experience.
I might eventually also introduce the Jarl, if it gets more political but would like it to be more character focused.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:10 am

Kaledoria wrote:Okay, I think I will have to read, today, nevertheless. ;)
But I read with a focus on Atlas and Achesia's Posts.

So far, my Application:
Jack Copperhand (born Thaltrak Prince Darkspine; aka. Jone Ghongik, manservant of Jarl Asborn)
Appearance: A noble pattern of black and white fur, a pleasent, soft face, making other Beastmen misjudgeing for 20, 22 at most.
Equipment: Mercenary stuff: Atgeir (a glaive-like spear), battleaxe and round shield, quiver with 5 wardarts, armor (gambeson, maile with plate chestpiece and gauntlets, scale-mail skirt, in battle a Barbute helmet, tailored for him.), bandages, bedroll, food-bag, water-skin, jug of meat, basic weapon and armor field repair tools
Spy stuff: paper, a quill fitted for the hands of a beastman, ink, disappearing ink, rope, grapple-hook, spy-glass, 3 smoke bombs, bag with caltrops, garotte
Magical stuff: incense (focus for comuning with nature), silver bowl (for scrying), ring of brief invisibility (15 seconds, 1/day)
Skills: Even though this is only a cover identity, Jack can compellingly prove his worth in a battle, trained in all infantry matters, especially in formation fighting.
In truth, his real strengths are his mind and his sneaky feet: Serving as Jarl Asborn's eyes and ears, Jack understands well all common languages of Eroris, excluding Aduran (Do the two elvens have a common language? If not, he does not speak Valyar either, no need to understand those southerners for a Norraväggian). While in his homeland, he can get away with earsdroppign on the Jarls political opponents in plain sight (disguised as a servant or any other low-life Lupan; Nords often ignore such), in foreign lands he can rely on hiding unseen, too (depending on the environment, anyway)
As a Lupan of noble bloodline, he holds some social and magical power, too, even if this is rarely acknoledged by humans or elves. Lower class Beastmen will often react respectful just due to his composure. Dominant (eventually other noble-born) Lupans, however, may react hostile, since his identity is secret and him acting and scenting like an alpha can be interpreted as presumptuousness, too.
Moreover, he is blessed with magical powers: Jack can call upon the spirits of nature, commune with them to share their knowledge with him. This is easiest in the light of the full moon, where Luna, emmisary of Norrav can grand the clearest visions. A rarer ability is, to have powerful spirits bless the area around him, giving it a (limited) shielding from the influences of the Dread Lords (and sometimes other forces, too. - It's a rare thing and rather unpredictable)
While he can usually conceal it, he has not entirely lost his pride, when faced with too many predjudice against his kin, his facades may break.
For a supposed agent, he is rather impulsive, prefering direct approaches and sometimes he is quite optimistic concerning the dangers.
While magic is in his blood, his education on the matter has been of lower quality and the results may vary.
Bio: Born to Vuncag Prince Darkspine (There is no King Darkspine anymore, but the title clearly has some connection to a specific mountain range in western Norravägg, formerly known by that name) as the second son, he would not be the heir to the bloodline but rather his birth was kept a secret and he was given to Vuncag's liege, Jarl Asborn (or rather his father Ansgar, but Ansgar was very old already), as a servant and hostage. He learned of his true family at the age of 12 but also understood, that his place in life was to be the servant of the Jarls, a lot he had come to accept already. After all, he had it much better then most Lupans, receiving a top notch education, a solid, small house right next to the Jarl's longhouse, good food and some liberties concerning discipline. Thaltrak, who went by the nord Name Jone at that time, truely was friends with - and loyal to - the Jarl.

And so his educations, in various fields, such as language, melee combat, etiquette and ambush tactics came to a conclusion, when Asborn started to send him out onto missions, gathering information or delivering very special packages or letters. He proved very effective at the task, mostly due to the fact, that many Nords simply did not expect a Lupan to be a spy. His training however was not finished. He learned the use of dagger and garotte, tools of the assassin. And finally came the day, when he was supposed to put this skills to use, too. A bard of unknown identity was traveling through the fief, supposedly slandering the Jarl and spreading lies about his ancestry, supposedly to prepare a takeover of the Jarldom by Jarl Wulfgar's brother Olaf. In fact, Jone found the bard, heard the lies and later brought the man to justice but not before following him around a bit and when he tried to figure out the human after the deed, there were some loose ends: Payment in coins, all minted recently and in the southernmost Jarldom (You know, near the gate through the Orrin's Wall), none in Wulfgard's fief; a contact with a strange accent, a fighting style not common to the Nords and a cyphered message, much to elaborate considering the fact, that him slandering Asborn in service of Wulfgar was a rather common rumor on the streets already. For all those evidences, Jone concluded, that the bard was not in fact sent by the neighboring Jarl but rather paid by outside forces to incide tension between the Jarls. When he brought this news to Asborn, the Jarl called back another Agent, who then reported of different rumors in Wulfgar's fief, suggesting, that Asborn was planing to steal Wulfgar's famous magical anchestral sword.

Asgar used all his diplomatic skills to defuse the situation and convince Wulfgar, that the two of them were being played. Jone on the other hand was given a new identity: Jack Copperhand, Beastman Mercenary and sent to find the source of these false accusations. This was just about a month before the descendant of Ayduin appeared in Yherion.

Personality: On the surface he is a carefree, simple-minded mercenary. Below he is a brooding, torn between his nature and his duty. Having just recently killed a person after stalking him for several days, this weights heavily on his soul, because it did not exactly scare him and he does not know, whether this is the professional training he had received, or whether there really is a beast like side to his kin, as the humans often proclaim.
Likes: Good food, good meat and wine, wrenching, sports (swimming, running)

I'm still going over some aspects, like his approach on violence and actual combat experience.
I might eventually also introduce the Jarl, if it gets more political but would like it to be more character focused.

Are you done?

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 am

Now considering the Lupane, are they more wolf men and women or are they other 'races'?

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 am

The United Equstrian Front wrote:Now considering the Lupane, are they more wolf men and women or are they other 'races'?

They are an entirely different race section apart from man and yaar named the Beastfolk.

Lupans:Kahjit : Reachmen:Nords

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 am

Everhall wrote:
The United Equstrian Front wrote:Now considering the Lupane, are they more wolf men and women or are they other 'races'?

They are an entirely different race section apart from man and yaar named the Beastfolk.

Cool thanks man.
I'll just stick to my Anthro Wolf Tarkus.
Last edited by The United Equstrian Front on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 am

Everhall wrote:

Except for the fact that Khajiit don't exist in this.
Raj do, but only in a certain circumstance (an exception for me that Everhall made, long story).
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Everhall wrote:They are an entirely different race section apart from man and yaar named the Beastfolk.

Raj do, but only in a certain circumstance (an exception for me that Everhall made, long story).

Cool.
Also I like how I'm making Blacksteel Tarkus furry edition.
By the way, the usage of Runes, does that make you a mage or spellsword automatically?
Last edited by The United Equstrian Front on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 am

Tarkus

Race: Lupane
Class: Berserker
Equipment:
*Reinforced Leather Armor
*Hand Axes
*Travel Pack with food and a rustic repair kit.
Skills: Blacksmithing, axemenship, Woodland Survival and hunting. Also Rune Scrying.
Weaknesses: Cooking, negotiating, trade, socializing and writing.
Bio: Tarkus's tribe was forced to live in slum after slum to reach some stability. His family numbers in the dozens and his mother and father struggle to make ends meet with servitude and other jobs, but he didn't allow this to stop him from helping out, and being the 3rd eldest did make things a bit easier. He himself took on an apprenticeship to a couple blacksmiths over the constant moving and that helped out tremendously, specially when the family cart needed a new axle and barrings. To keep food on the table his two older brothers quickly learned hunting and even gave him a few pointers and tricks, to go further he went out hunting with them when it was required. He slowly made a name for himself within the small tribe and had brief run in with a some highway men, this gave him the sense of mind to learn some self defense. So at the age of 17 he joined up with the local militia group in the small town of Wolfhelm, since then he has been practicing with his dual axes and gained a sort of proficiency with them. The small town was constantly under raid of various Orc bandit groups or the odd undead horde.

That soon changed when his unit was stationed to small outpost in the far north to keep hold of it. There was a Lich there ready for them, with a small army of undead and a few bandit parties. There was a three week siege that almost broke his unit. But with a sudden clarity of mind Tarkus discovered a book of runes and gave the mages within the unit a suggestion, after two more days the siege was broken and a runner was sent out for supplies and more men. With the knowledge and inspiration Tarkus took to studying runes and their application, in a span of 3 years he had a formidable knowledge in Rune scrying. Cut to a few years later he came back to his tribe a seasoned warrior and he taught those that were able how to fight and tactics. He even brought in a few of his friends to help with the effort.

RP Sample: My backstory is my sample.

Personality: Quiet and reserved Tarkus doesn't say much till he is either spoken to or till he feels something is needed to be said, but that doesn't stop him from caring about those around him.
Likes: Nature, runes and blacksmithing. Along with basic politics within the Lupane tribes.
Dislikes: The Undead and the magic that spawned them, also bad craftsmanship and dishonesty. Along with those who can't keep their cool.
Voice: A soft rumble with a distinct accent to it, with the occasional growl thrown in.
Theme Song: He has made sacrifices for those around him.
(Feel free to add anything else!)

If there are any problems then please do call them out.
Last edited by The United Equstrian Front on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Application done:
Jack Copperhand (born Thaltrak Prince Darkspine; aka. Jone Stareye, manservant of Jarl Asborn; aka Ghongik Threenails, some random vagrant)

Appearance: A noble pattern of black and white fur, a pleasant, soft face, making other Beastmen misjudging for 20, 22 at most.
Equipment: Mercenary stuff: Atgeir (a glaive-like spear), battleaxe and round shield, quiver with 5 war-darts, armor (gambeson, mail with plate chest-piece and gauntlets, scale-mail skirt, in battle a Barbute helmet, tailored for him.), bandages, bedroll, food-bag, water-skin, jug of meat, basic weapon and armor field repair tools
Spy stuff: paper, a quill fitted for the hands of a beastman, ink, invisible ink, rope, grapple-hook, spy-glass, 3 smoke bombs, a bag with caltrops, garotte
Magical stuff: incense (focus for communing with nature), silver bowl (for scrying), ring of brief invisibility (15 seconds, 1/day)
Skills: Jack is trained in various forms of melee combat as well as taught to control his rage in battle to the point where he can display the style, that his current cover identity would use. His most effective form is the typical Nord duel style with axe (or heavy short sword) and round shield. But even though this is only a cover identity, Jack can also compellingly prove his worth in a mass battle, trained in infantry tactics and formation fighting.

In truth, his real strengths are his mind and his sneaky feet: Serving as Jarl Asborn's eyes and ears, Jack understands well all common languages of Eroris, excluding Aduran (Do the two elven folks have a common language? If not, he does not speak Valyar either, no need to understand those southerners for a Norraväggian). While in his homeland, he can get away with eavesdropping on the Jarls political opponents in plain sight (disguised as a servant or any other low-life Lupan; Nords often ignore such), in foreign lands he can rely on hiding unseen, too (depending on the environment, anyway)

As a Lupan of noble bloodline, he holds some social and magical power, too, even if this is rarely acknowledged by humans or elves. Lower class Beastmen will often react respectful just due to his composure. Dominant (eventually other noble-born) Lupans, however, may react hostile, since his identity is secret and him acting and scenting like an alpha can be interpreted as presumptuousness, too.
The true gift of his ancestry however are magical in nature: Jack can call upon the spirits of nature, commune with them, ask them to share their knowledge. This requires a ritual of some preparation and is easiest in the light of the full moon, where Luna, emissary of Norrav can grand the clearest visions. A rarer boon granted by these spirits is a blessing of the area around him, giving it a (limited) shielding from the influences of the Dread Lords (and sometimes other forces, too. - It's a rare thing and rather unpredictable)

While he can usually conceal it, he has not entirely lost his pride, when faced with too many prejudice against his kin, his facades may break.
For a supposed agent, he is rather impulsive, preferring direct approaches and sometimes he is quite optimistic concerning the dangers.
While magic is in his blood, his education on the matter has been of lower quality (then combat and espionage) and the results when trying to call the spirits for guidance or sanctuary may vary.

Bio: Jack was born as Thaltrak, son of to Vuncag Prince Darkspine. Vuncag was (and still is today) a Chieftain to a tribe of about 160 Lupan. The title of "Prince" is unofficial and rarely used outside the tribe, there is no "King" Darkspine, but the title clearly has some connection to a specific mountain range in western Norravägg, formerly known by that name and suggests, that the bloodline once ruled a much larger area, maybe even as big as a Jarldom.

As the second son, Thaltrak would not be the heir to the bloodline. His birth was kept a secret and he was given to Vuncag's liege, Jarl Asborn (or rather Asborn's father Ansgar, but Ansgar was very old already and passed the title to his son about 10 years ago), as a servant and hostage. He learned of his true family at the age of 12 but also understood, that his place in life was to be the servant of the Jarl, a lot he had come to accept already. After all, he had it much better then most Lupans, receiving a top notch education, a solid, small house right next to the Jarl's longhouse, good food and some liberties concerning discipline. Thaltrak, who went by the Nord name "Jone" at that time, truly was friends with - and loyal to - the Jarl.

And so his educations, in various fields, such as language, melee combat, etiquette and ambush tactics came to a conclusion, when Asborn started to send him out onto missions, often under the cover identity "Ghongik Threenails", gathering information or delivering very special packages or letters. He proved very effective at the task, mostly due to the fact, that many Nords simply did not expect a Lupan to be a spy. His training however was not finished. He learned the use of dagger and garotte, tools of the assassin. When he first killed he felt a rush of emotions, not entirely negative, it scared him and he started building up mental walls to keep these feelings buried deep beneath the surface, when he had to kill.

One day, a bard of unknown identity was traveling through the fief, supposedly slandering the Jarl and spreading lies about his ancestry, supposedly to prepare a takeover of the Jarldom by Jarl Wulfgar's brother Olaf. In fact, Jone found the bard, heard the lies and later brought the man to justice. But he did not just execute him, he also investigate the man, since some parts just did not add up: When his investigation was completed, there were some loose ends: He had been payed in coins, all minted recently and in the southernmost Jarldom (You know, near the gate through the Orrin's Wall), none in Wulfgard's fief. He had been reported to have met with a Human with a Reachman accent. In his last moments, he had demonstrated a fighting style not common to the Nords. And finally, there was a ciphered message, so well encrypted that he could not figure it out. But if he used such elaborate savety measures, why was the fact, that he slandered Asborn in service of Wulfgar already a rather common rumor on the streets?
For all those evidences, Jone concluded, that the bard was not in fact sent by the neighboring Jarl but rather paid by outside forces to incite tension, maybe war, between the Jarls. When he brought this news to Asborn, the Jarl called back another agent, who reported of different rumors in Wulfgar's fief, suggesting, that Asborn was planing to steal Wulfgar's famous magical ancestral sword.

Asborn used all his diplomatic skills to defuse the situation and convince Wulfgar, that the two of them were being played. Jone on the other hand was given a new identity: Jack Copperhand, Beastman Mercenary, and sent to find the source of these false accusations. This was just about a month before the descendant of Ayduin appeared in Yherion.

Personality: On the surface he is a carefree, simple-minded mercenary. Below he is a brooding, torn between his nature and his duty. He feels a true beast inside him, a beast that enjoys the deaths he caused. Jack tries to silence this animalist nature though episodes of excessive hedonism, enjoying the good things in life, as far as money can buy them. To a point, this actually seams to work for the moment. Between these phases, he is calm and controlled and rather pleasant to be around (unless the role he is playing demands otherwise).
Likes: Good food, good meat and wine, wrenching, sports (swimming, running), clear nightsky, watching the Aurora borealis when he visits the northern parts of Norravägg

Last edited by Kaledoria on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:33 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Everhall wrote:They are an entirely different race section apart from man and yaar named the Beastfolk.

They're almost literally the same thing anyway. :p

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Sweet I get to RP now

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse