NATION

PASSWORD

War In Heaven (OOC|Semi-Closed|Sci-Fi|Mature)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Anowa wrote:
Walrusvylon wrote:Ok. What planet could he be from, then?

A fictional one.

I know that. Can I just make up my own planet, or are there some already established fictional planets that I should choose from?
Last edited by Walrusvylon on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.
'Equality is the opposite of quality.'
'I strongly urge you to read Moldbug!'
'I am an excellent proof-reader... after I click submit.'

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Walrusvylon wrote:
Anowa wrote:A fictional one.

I know that. Can I just make up my own planet, or are there some already established fictional planets that I should choose from?

Just make one up friend.

Hey Anowa, do we have pistols? Also how many mags do we have? Grenades? Knives/E-Tools?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Vacif wrote:
Walrusvylon wrote:I know that. Can I just make up my own planet, or are there some already established fictional planets that I should choose from?

Just make one up friend.

Hey Anowa, do we have pistols? Also how many mags do we have? Grenades? Knives/E-Tools?

I think we have bayonets, and gas-masks, along with a ceramic chest plate, a probably shitty helmet, and knee pads that Anowa already said we have.

Also, Posted, Dick basically runs to the trench, and stays in cover because he doesn't want to get shot.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Vacif wrote:
Walrusvylon wrote:I know that. Can I just make up my own planet, or are there some already established fictional planets that I should choose from?

Just make one up friend.

E-Tools, Rifle, Helmet, Shoulder pads, Chest plate/Rigging, knee pads, Cod-Piece.

E-Tool is your knife.

Grenades will come with the next supply shipment.

Pistols come with the Full-Auto/Burst firearms.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Edited Edited Application

Postby Walrusvylon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Name: Werner Fleming
Appearance:
Werner is quite gangly, somewhat resembling a scarecrow. His unkempt golden hair reached all the way down to his shoulders before he was forced to shave his head when he was drafted. His amber eyes are deeply embedded in his face, which appears as if it was chiseled from stone. His skin is as pale as snow, as little sunlight was able to penetrate the dark cloud of pollutants that hung over where he lived. He has not shaved his face once, and thus sports a walrus mustache and small beard.
Height: 71 inches; 180 centimers
Weight: 207 pounds; 94 kilograms
Biography:
Werner was born on the highly industrialized moon Yiatov II, in a large iron-mining city. He grew up surrounded by the noxious smell of smog and the neverending noise of machines pounding away. His parents were both crushed to death in a tragic mine collapse when he was 13.

With nobody to take care of him, Werner was forced to fend for himself, living on the streets. Going to an orphanage was not an option— no such things existed anymore. He got a job in a steel mill, making barely enough money to scrape by. Life was miserable for him, every day a struggle.

Living on the streets taught Werner how to think on his feet. He formed an emotional shell around his mind to protect himself, realizing that the only person he could count on was himself. Slowly, it dawned on him that with no life and no family, he would be drafted as soon as he reached the minumum age of 16. And yet, he was not afraid to die.
RP Examples:
Gandalf had greatly enjoyed his vacation in the Undying Lands. (Also called Aman, or Valinor. This is where they go when they sail into the West at the end of the Return of the King.) It was much needed, as he had spent about 2,000 years in Middle-Earth before returning to Aman. But his vacation would be short lived...

Gandalf was relaxing in the Gardens of Lórien, the most beautiful place in Valinor, which was also where he dwelt before he was sent to Middle-Earth. The land was decorated by many trees with silver leaves and needles, which hung over enchanting pools of water. The stars twinkled in the night sky, and the air was filled with the songs of nightingales and the aroma of the various flowers that dotted the landscape.

He was glad to be back. Gandalf blew into his pipe, producing a large smoke ring that fluttered about, changing from one color to another. After blowing smoke rings for a while, he grew sleepy, and a yawn escaped his lips. He soon nodded off to sleep under the stars.

When Gandalf woke up, he saw that he was not in the same place where he went to sleep. Above him was a black, starless, sky. Standing up, he found himself in a seemingly infinitely spanning cityscape, with dark skyscrapers that reached up to the heavens and never seemed to stop. (Metropolis) On his left side stood his white horse, Shadowfax. The ground was littered with broken glass, abandoned vehicles, and newspapers written in a language that he could not recognize. The roads were cracked and withered, and the elevated highways and railways were in a state of disrepair.

In all his years, Gandalf had never experienced anything quite like this. There were so many things that he had never seen before: How could buildings be so unfathomably tall? What were these metal things with wheels? Why were there no stars? How did his horse get here? He was utterly baffled and very curious as to what this place was and how he got here, and also quite pissed that his vacation was so abruptly interrupted.

"Hello, is anyone there?" he cried out. "Where am I, and what is this place!"
Followers -
Males: Larry, Barry, Harry, Gary
Females: Mary, Kari, Sheri, Perry

Eru was deeply troubled, for he had no way to keep his follower's bellies filled. The berry bushes were exhausted, and they would not be enough to sustain his people. He gazed far and wise across the face of Godshome, searching for a source of food. Suddenly, a large field of wheat caught his eye. Seeing that this wheat sustained the many villages that surrounded it, he knew that it could sustain his people also, if they had access to it. Unfortunately, it was too far away for his followers to harvest. Eru also saw that the field was barren of trees, and thus the villages that surrounded it would be in need of wood. He also recalled that there was a forest to the east of his village. And then the solution occurred to Eru, as plain as day of before him: The villages surrounding the wheat field needed wood, and his people needed food, and thus he would trade them lumber in exchange for wheat! He rejoiced greatly, for he was very pleased with his brilliance.

"Hear me, and obey!" he exclaimed joyfully to his followers. "You must travel to the forests to the west of here. I shall give my next command when you arrive there," he told to Harry, Barry, Larry, and Gary. "You shall ponder my wisdom, and use it to devise new technologies," he told to Mary and Kari. "You shall pray to me, for I require more faith," he told to Sheri and Perry. They did as he commanded, trusting in his wisdom.

Soon enough, Harry, Barry, Larry, and Gary arrived at the forest. They marveled at the trees, feeling their rough bark, for they had never seen a tree up close until now. Larry tried to eat a tree, which did not end well for him. After Larry finished spitting out bark, Eru gave his next instructions: "You shall climb up a tree, and break off as many branches as you can from them, dropping each branch onto the ground," he told to Barry and Harry.

After a while, a large pile of branches had accumulated. "Cease your collection of branches," Eru commanded, seeing that Barry and Harry were tired. "You shall gather acorns from the ground and then return home to rest," he told to Barry and Harry. They collected the acorns from the ground and returned home, wondering why Eru wanted them to do this. "You shall grab as much branches as you can carry, and travel to where I guide you," he told to Gary and Larry, who began collecting the branches, and then set off.

Eventually, Gary and Larry arrived at the lovely and prosperous village of the Maenads, which Eru had steered them towards. "Tell them that you are here to trade wood in exchange for their wheat," he said to Larry.

Larry obeyed, and spoke: "We have brought wood, which we will trade in exchange for wheat. What say you?" he cried. He then paused, awaiting a response.

2 followers collect wood and acorns.
2 followers pray.
2 followers generate innovation.
2 followers bring the wood to the village of the Maenads.
Seated on his silver throne decorated with luxurious pillows, the Wise Man stroked his immensely long, fancifully styled beard with his left hand, as he was left-handed, his eyes closed, deep in thought. He wore a plain white toga, and no shoes, as was customary, and had a handlebar mustache. On the index finger of his left hand was a lovely silver ring. A crown of silver adorned the bird’s nest of grey-tinged ginger hair atop his head. In his right hand he held a silver scepter decorated with intricate engravings. The torchlight danced about the planked walls of the room, which was empty save the throne that he sat on, and a large, round window overlooking the port city of Eglarest. The steward, Faramund entered the room. He had a walrus mustache, and wore an olive green toga, which was the same color as his eyes, and a leather belt with a silver buckle, which his curly brown beard was tucked into. Sensing his presence, the Wise Man’s eyelids snapped open, revealing a pair of deep-set, storm grey eyes.
“The preparations for the voyage are in order, sire,” informed Faramund. “It is time to depart.” The Wise Man stood up.
“Very well,” he replied. “You shall stay behind and look after Umbar while I am away, as is your duty. We will be off now.” The Wise Man and Faramund exited the room, and walked down the hallway, which opened into many rooms on either side, and was dug into the side of the hill at the highest point of the highest hill in Eglarest. Faramund opened the round door at the beginning of the hallway, and they stepped outside into the city of Eglarest. Eglarest was located on the eastern side of the Bosphorus strait, and was built into several large hills, which every building was carved into. Each hill had 4 levels, which were connected by a large flight of stairs. Farmers lived outside of the city. Other manual laborers, mainly silver-miners and silver-smelters, dockworkers, and fishermen lived on the bottom level of the hill. On the second level lived the craftsmen and artisans, mostly blacksmiths, jewelers, potters, bakers, and clothiers. Thus, the markets were located on the second level. On the third level lived the scholars, primitive versions of mathematicians, philosophers, scientists, and engineers. Finally, on the 4 and highest level lived the Wise Man. It was a windy summer day, good for sailing, and the air was filled with the smell of salt and the cries of gulls.
"A fine day, is it not?" said The Wise Man.
"Indeed, it is a lovely day," replied Faramund. They walked down the large flight of stairs that ran up the hill, and arrived at the docks, where all the people of Eglarest were gathered to watch the departure of the ship. The crowd parted to make way for them. Collette, the master shipwright, was already there, along with several other ambassadors, about 30 large, muscular, men, and about 20 sailors. Collette had amber brown eyes and the same color hair, which was braided and reached down to her feet, and she also smelled somewhat foul. She wore a light brown toga and a beret. As usual, her clothes were dirty, covered in sawdust and stains. It was sunset, and the water shone beautifully in the sunlight. There was a beautifully engineered ship moored to the pier, which had been designed by Collette, and would be sent on the voyage. The Wise Man stood next to Collette, and Faramund joined the crowd. The Wise Man then turned to adress the crowd.
“Today, we leave on our first diplomatic mission!” he exclaimed. “We are embarking on a journey to Akopienos, to negotiate a formal alliance for our mutual benefit. This will mark the beginning of a golden age of exploration and expansion!” The crowd clapped and cheered, obviously pleased, and excitement and anticipation were in the air. The Wise Man, Collette, and the rowers and sailors then walked across the gangplank, in single file. Once they were all on the boat, they raised the gangplank, and the crew waved goodbye to the people of Eglarest, who waved back, cheering. The sails were raised, and they sailed off into the sunset, bound for Akopienos.

The Wise Man’s meditation was interrupted by a cry of “Land ho!” from Collette. He rushed up the stairs and onto the deck of the ship, nearly tripping on his beard. It was the middle of the night, but sure enough, his old eyes could barely make out a city on the horizon. Finally, after traveling west for about 2 days along the coast of Umbar, they had arrived at Akopienos. It was not of Umbar, as made evident by the architecture. The entire crew stood on the deck, chatting amongst themselves. After sailing for about another ½ hour, they reached the shores of Akiopienos, and the entire crew was anxious to land. However, before they could let down the gangplank, they were approached by armed guards.
"We come in peace!" shouted the Wise Man. "As you can see, we bring no weapons, and have only 1 ship. We wish to negotiate a formal alliance with Akopienos, and have brought silver to trade. We would appreciate it if you took us to your leader, whom we also have a gift for, so we may conduct the negotiations." He then paused, awaiting a response.
Last edited by Walrusvylon on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.
'Equality is the opposite of quality.'
'I strongly urge you to read Moldbug!'
'I am an excellent proof-reader... after I click submit.'

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Walrusvylon wrote:Name: Werner Fleming
Appearance:
Werner is quite gangly, somewhat resembling a scarecrow. His unkempt golden hair reached all the way down to his shoulders before he was forced to shave his head when he was drafted. His amber eyes are deeply embedded in his face, which appears as if it was chiseled from stone. His skin is as pale as snow, as little sunlight was able to penetrate the dark cloud of pollutants that hung over where he lived. He has not shaved his face once, and thus sports a walrus mustache and small beard.
Height: 71 inches; 180 centimers
Weight: 207 pounds; 94 kilograms
Biography:
Werner was born on the highly industrialized moon Yiatov II, in a large iron-mining city. He grew up surrounded by the noxious smell of smog and the neverending noise of machines pounding away. His parents were both crushed to death in a tragic mine collapse when he was 13.

With nobody to take care of him, Werner was forced to fend for himself, living on the streets. Going to an orphanage was not an option— no such things existed anymore. He got a job in a steel mill, making barely enough money to scrape by. Life was miserable for him, every day a struggle.

Living on the streets taught Werner how to think on his feet. He formed an emotional shell around his mind to protect himself, realizing that the only person he could count on was himself. Slowly, it dawned on him that with no life and no family, he would be drafted as soon as he reached the minumum age of 16. And yet, he was not afraid to die.
RP Examples:
Gandalf had greatly enjoyed his vacation in the Undying Lands. (Also called Aman, or Valinor. This is where they go when they sail into the West at the end of the Return of the King.) It was much needed, as he had spent about 2,000 years in Middle-Earth before returning to Aman. But his vacation would be short lived...

Gandalf was relaxing in the Gardens of Lórien, the most beautiful place in Valinor, which was also where he dwelt before he was sent to Middle-Earth. The land was decorated by many trees with silver leaves and needles, which hung over enchanting pools of water. The stars twinkled in the night sky, and the air was filled with the songs of nightingales and the aroma of the various flowers that dotted the landscape.

He was glad to be back. Gandalf blew into his pipe, producing a large smoke ring that fluttered about, changing from one color to another. After blowing smoke rings for a while, he grew sleepy, and a yawn escaped his lips. He soon nodded off to sleep under the stars.

When Gandalf woke up, he saw that he was not in the same place where he went to sleep. Above him was a black, starless, sky. Standing up, he found himself in a seemingly infinitely spanning cityscape, with dark skyscrapers that reached up to the heavens and never seemed to stop. (Metropolis) On his left side stood his white horse, Shadowfax. The ground was littered with broken glass, abandoned vehicles, and newspapers written in a language that he could not recognize. The roads were cracked and withered, and the elevated highways and railways were in a state of disrepair.

In all his years, Gandalf had never experienced anything quite like this. There were so many things that he had never seen before: How could buildings be so unfathomably tall? What were these metal things with wheels? Why were there no stars? How did his horse get here? He was utterly baffled and very curious as to what this place was and how he got here, and also quite pissed that his vacation was so abruptly interrupted.

"Hello, is anyone there?" he cried out. "Where am I, and what is this place!"
Followers -
Males: Larry, Barry, Harry, Gary
Females: Mary, Kari, Sheri, Perry

Eru was deeply troubled, for he had no way to keep his follower's bellies filled. The berry bushes were exhausted, and they would not be enough to sustain his people. He gazed far and wise across the face of Godshome, searching for a source of food. Suddenly, a large field of wheat caught his eye. Seeing that this wheat sustained the many villages that surrounded it, he knew that it could sustain his people also, if they had access to it. Unfortunately, it was too far away for his followers to harvest. Eru also saw that the field was barren of trees, and thus the villages that surrounded it would be in need of wood. He also recalled that there was a forest to the east of his village. And then the solution occurred to Eru, as plain as day of before him: The villages surrounding the wheat field needed wood, and his people needed food, and thus he would trade them lumber in exchange for wheat! He rejoiced greatly, for he was very pleased with his brilliance.

"Hear me, and obey!" he exclaimed joyfully to his followers. "You must travel to the forests to the west of here. I shall give my next command when you arrive there," he told to Harry, Barry, Larry, and Gary. "You shall ponder my wisdom, and use it to devise new technologies," he told to Mary and Kari. "You shall pray to me, for I require more faith," he told to Sheri and Perry. They did as he commanded, trusting in his wisdom.

Soon enough, Harry, Barry, Larry, and Gary arrived at the forest. They marveled at the trees, feeling their rough bark, for they had never seen a tree up close until now. Larry tried to eat a tree, which did not end well for him. After Larry finished spitting out bark, Eru gave his next instructions: "You shall climb up a tree, and break off as many branches as you can from them, dropping each branch onto the ground," he told to Barry and Harry.

After a while, a large pile of branches had accumulated. "Cease your collection of branches," Eru commanded, seeing that Barry and Harry were tired. "You shall gather acorns from the ground and then return home to rest," he told to Barry and Harry. They collected the acorns from the ground and returned home, wondering why Eru wanted them to do this. "You shall grab as much branches as you can carry, and travel to where I guide you," he told to Gary and Larry, who began collecting the branches, and then set off.

Eventually, Gary and Larry arrived at the lovely and prosperous village of the Maenads, which Eru had steered them towards. "Tell them that you are here to trade wood in exchange for their wheat," he said to Larry.

Larry obeyed, and spoke: "We have brought wood, which we will trade in exchange for wheat. What say you?" he cried. He then paused, awaiting a response.

2 followers collect wood and acorns.
2 followers pray.
2 followers generate innovation.
2 followers bring the wood to the village of the Maenads.
Seated on his silver throne decorated with luxurious pillows, the Wise Man stroked his immensely long, fancifully styled beard with his left hand, as he was left-handed, his eyes closed, deep in thought. He wore a plain white toga, and no shoes, as was customary, and had a handlebar mustache. On the index finger of his left hand was a lovely silver ring. A crown of silver adorned the bird’s nest of grey-tinged ginger hair atop his head. In his right hand he held a silver scepter decorated with intricate engravings. The torchlight danced about the planked walls of the room, which was empty save the throne that he sat on, and a large, round window overlooking the port city of Eglarest. The steward, Faramund entered the room. He had a walrus mustache, and wore an olive green toga, which was the same color as his eyes, and a leather belt with a silver buckle, which his curly brown beard was tucked into. Sensing his presence, the Wise Man’s eyelids snapped open, revealing a pair of deep-set, storm grey eyes.
“The preparations for the voyage are in order, sire,” informed Faramund. “It is time to depart.” The Wise Man stood up.
“Very well,” he replied. “You shall stay behind and look after Umbar while I am away, as is your duty. We will be off now.” The Wise Man and Faramund exited the room, and walked down the hallway, which opened into many rooms on either side, and was dug into the side of the hill at the highest point of the highest hill in Eglarest. Faramund opened the round door at the beginning of the hallway, and they stepped outside into the city of Eglarest. Eglarest was located on the eastern side of the Bosphorus strait, and was built into several large hills, which every building was carved into. Each hill had 4 levels, which were connected by a large flight of stairs. Farmers lived outside of the city. Other manual laborers, mainly silver-miners and silver-smelters, dockworkers, and fishermen lived on the bottom level of the hill. On the second level lived the craftsmen and artisans, mostly blacksmiths, jewelers, potters, bakers, and clothiers. Thus, the markets were located on the second level. On the third level lived the scholars, primitive versions of mathematicians, philosophers, scientists, and engineers. Finally, on the 4 and highest level lived the Wise Man. It was a windy summer day, good for sailing, and the air was filled with the smell of salt and the cries of gulls.
"A fine day, is it not?" said The Wise Man.
"Indeed, it is a lovely day," replied Faramund. They walked down the large flight of stairs that ran up the hill, and arrived at the docks, where all the people of Eglarest were gathered to watch the departure of the ship. The crowd parted to make way for them. Collette, the master shipwright, was already there, along with several other ambassadors, about 30 large, muscular, men, and about 20 sailors. Collette had amber brown eyes and the same color hair, which was braided and reached down to her feet, and she also smelled somewhat foul. She wore a light brown toga and a beret. As usual, her clothes were dirty, covered in sawdust and stains. It was sunset, and the water shone beautifully in the sunlight. There was a beautifully engineered ship moored to the pier, which had been designed by Collette, and would be sent on the voyage. The Wise Man stood next to Collette, and Faramund joined the crowd. The Wise Man then turned to adress the crowd.
“Today, we leave on our first diplomatic mission!” he exclaimed. “We are embarking on a journey to Akopienos, to negotiate a formal alliance for our mutual benefit. This will mark the beginning of a golden age of exploration and expansion!” The crowd clapped and cheered, obviously pleased, and excitement and anticipation were in the air. The Wise Man, Collette, and the rowers and sailors then walked across the gangplank, in single file. Once they were all on the boat, they raised the gangplank, and the crew waved goodbye to the people of Eglarest, who waved back, cheering. The sails were raised, and they sailed off into the sunset, bound for Akopienos.

The Wise Man’s meditation was interrupted by a cry of “Land ho!” from Collette. He rushed up the stairs and onto the deck of the ship, nearly tripping on his beard. It was the middle of the night, but sure enough, his old eyes could barely make out a city on the horizon. Finally, after traveling west for about 2 days along the coast of Umbar, they had arrived at Akopienos. It was not of Umbar, as made evident by the architecture. The entire crew stood on the deck, chatting amongst themselves. After sailing for about another ½ hour, they reached the shores of Akiopienos, and the entire crew was anxious to land. However, before they could let down the gangplank, they were approached by armed guards.
"We come in peace!" shouted the Wise Man. "As you can see, we bring no weapons, and have only 1 ship. We wish to negotiate a formal alliance with Akopienos, and have brought silver to trade. We would appreciate it if you took us to your leader, whom we also have a gift for, so we may conduct the negotiations." He then paused, awaiting a response.

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Vahltunskhja
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vahltunskhja » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Would the soldiers be wearing gas masks? The things that make it so we don't all die of terrible terrible xenos diseases?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Vahltunskhja wrote:Would the soldiers be wearing gas masks? The things that make it so we don't all die of terrible terrible xenos diseases?

Yeah.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm interested, but I've some questions.

1) How frequently are we expected to post?
2) Would it be possible for me to play a cybernetically de-crippled veteran, and what might that entail?
3) Would it be possible for a character to have narcotics and/or alcohol on their person and/or know people who could acquire some?
4) Would it be possible for a character to have any personal effects?
Last edited by Post War America on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Post War America wrote:I'm interested, but I've some questions.

2) Would it be possible for me to play a cybernetically de-crippled veteran, and what might that entail?
3) Would it be possible for a character to have narcotics and/or alcohol on their person and/or know people who could acquire some?

1) At least once every 72 hours.
2) It would entail the rank of Corporal. And several prosthetic parts.
3) Narcotics no. Alcohol... If you can make a distillery. The 'food' -fist sized, chalky and dry wax blocks- you receive can be fermented. Granted it tastes like shit, but it's alcohol regardless.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:44 pm

What do our gas masks look like? Just want to know how much vision is obstructed, and if it is very clunky.

So we have wax nutrition blocks instead of nutrient sludge huh? Fun.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Anowa wrote:
Post War America wrote:I'm interested, but I've some questions.

1) At least once every 72 hours.
2) It would entail the rank of Corporal. And several prosthetic parts.
3) Narcotics no. Alcohol... If you can make a distillery. The 'food' -fist sized, chalky and dry wax blocks- you receive can be fermented. Granted it tastes like shit, but it's alcohol regardless.

Duly noted, will have an application up for the morrow, probably, but for now I desperately need some sleep.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Vacif wrote:What do our gas masks look like? Just want to know how much vision is obstructed, and if it is very clunky.

So we have wax nutrition blocks instead of nutrient sludge huh? Fun.

A lot of visibility

A 8cm x 3cm x 1cm bar gives about 2400 calories. A lot of them come in a pallet.

Water is a lot more precious a resource. To the point that the pallets they come on are legit armored.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Will have an app up soon.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Changed the Atsatyr a bit to be less jarringly different.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Anowa wrote:Changed the Atsatyr a bit to be less jarringly different.

>Original Atstayr: Biologically most like humans
>Females literally have wings

Glad you changed it though, even if it decreases my chances of survival.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Tayner wrote:
Anowa wrote:Changed the Atsatyr a bit to be less jarringly different.

>Original Atstayr: Biologically most like humans
>Females literally have wings

Glad you changed it though, even if it decreases my chances of survival.

They were supposed to be decorative anti-grav packs.

Realized that was a bit too different than the guys.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Name: Jordan Arkenson

Appearance: Jordan has light brown, tanned skin. He has large brown eyes and black hair (but it is shaved off). He is tall and muscular. Numerous scars can be seen all across his face and body (including a gunshot wound, now healed, in his left arm) due to the constant fighting he has been involved in from a young age.

Height: 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm)

Weight: 190 pounds (86 kilograms)

Biography: Jordan was born on the outer colony of Zion. Jordan's life is marred by violence and destruction, as he was literally born into it. 10 years before his birth, Zion came under siege by alien forces. The once prosperous outer colony became a ruined hellhole; the planetary governor became a military dictator, and with only limited assistance from the Colonial Defense Force in the beginning, vast swathes of the population had to be organized into militias.

Jordan never knew his mother and father, as he was abandoned shortly after birth. He was taken in and raised by one of these militia groups, and was trained to use a variety of guns and melee weapons from birth. Over the course of his short life, Jordan has suffered numerous injuries from fighting the alien forces (including a gunshot wound in his arm that nearly killed him), but nevertheless continued to fight gallantly. Jordan has become desensitized to the fighting, as it is all he has known; in fact, he has taken somewhat of a liking to violence. He enjoys the thrill of killing anything that isn't human, and he despises any alien with a strong passion.

The siege is being lifted on Zion, as the CDF sends in more and more reinforcements, and the situation is beginning to normalize on the colony. As a result of this, with the CDF needing more meat for the grinder, Jordan was conscripted into the 1st Platoon, 6th Company, 3145th Battalion of the CDF.

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=340421&hilit=terminus+alpha
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greater Dmanian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dmanian » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 am

I don't appear to be on the roster?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 am

Greater Dmanian wrote:I don't appear to be on the roster?

Please wait as Anowa updating the roster.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 am

The Orson Empire wrote:Name: Jordan Arkenson

Appearance: Jordan has light brown, tanned skin. He has large brown eyes and black hair (but it is shaved off). He is tall and muscular. Numerous scars can be seen all across his face and body (including a gunshot wound, now healed, in his left arm) due to the constant fighting he has been involved in from a young age.

Height: 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm)

Weight: 190 pounds (86 kilograms)

Biography: Jordan was born on the outer colony of Zion. Jordan's life is marred by violence and destruction, as he was literally born into it. 10 years before his birth, Zion came under siege by alien forces. The once prosperous outer colony became a ruined hellhole; the planetary governor became a military dictator, and with only limited assistance from the Colonial Defense Force in the beginning, vast swathes of the population had to be organized into militias.

Jordan never knew his mother and father, as he was abandoned shortly after birth. He was taken in and raised by one of these militia groups, and was trained to use a variety of guns and melee weapons from birth. Over the course of his short life, Jordan has suffered numerous injuries from fighting the alien forces (including a gunshot wound in his arm that nearly killed him), but nevertheless continued to fight gallantly. Jordan has become desensitized to the fighting, as it is all he has known; in fact, he has taken somewhat of a liking to violence. He enjoys the thrill of killing anything that isn't human, and he despises any alien with a strong passion.

The siege is being lifted on Zion, as the CDF sends in more and more reinforcements, and the situation is beginning to normalize on the colony. As a result of this, with the CDF needing more meat for the grinder, Jordan was conscripted into the 1st Platoon, 6th Company, 3145th Battalion of the CDF; he has been trained as a machine gunner.

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=340421&hilit=terminus+alpha

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:08 am

Roster has been updated with the names and images of the remaining Platoon Commanders.

PFCs Garcia and Macvitie have been promoted to Squad Lead. And will be informed ICly after the battle.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 am

Anowa, do the soldiers also have sidearms, or we only have the rifle as our weapon?
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Anowa, do the soldiers also have sidearms, or we only have the rifle as our weapon?

Rifles only. Pistols come with the shipment of Auto/Burst weapons.

I'll also note that the Atsatyr have the same hand shape of humans, and roughly the same ergonomics.
Last edited by Anowa on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am

Anowa wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Anowa, do the soldiers also have sidearms, or we only have the rifle as our weapon?

Rifles only. Pistols come with the shipment of Auto/Burst weapons.

I'll also note that the Atsatyr have the same hand shape of humans, and roughly the same ergonomics.

Alright, mate. Thanks.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse