NATION

PASSWORD

Demens Chosen [PL: Into the Abyss - CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Romy, Kale, Rmw, and Venla are on Last Chance, Cer.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Nope, you'll know when. Next posts are wrapping up all loose ends aside from PC actions.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:32 pm

rightoz @Cer
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Chedastan wrote:Romy, Kale, Rmw, and Venla are on Last Chance, Cer.

TY. Added.

Giovenith wrote:Nope, you'll know when. Next posts are wrapping up all loose ends aside from PC actions.

Whew! Thought I was losing my mind. Couldn't find the post.

Tiltjuice wrote:rightoz @Cer

TY!

Going to work on transferring chars over to the Archive.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:40 pm

No prob!

Also added a couple of my chars as backups in case people need to back out for RL biz (added to version that's on my board).
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Cerillium wrote:Whew! Thought I was losing my mind. Couldn't find the post.

I am a master of psychological warfare!
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 pm

lel. Yer both nuts. Wouldn't be PL without you.

DROPPED PLAYERS:
Granis - not posting

SOON TO BE DROPPED:
UEA - minimal participation, failure to check OOC threads. She needs to post here, in this OOC, by Monday (13 Mar) to let me know she wishes to continue in PL.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 pm

I am making a post right now

I would like to volunteer my character for Tilt and Mins dystopia story
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Gotcha sah! *EARBEND*
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Also, we're all over here in the Madhouse IRC. PLeeps are welcome, of course. https://discord.gg/Anv9SGh

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 pm

Looking back at his old old app, it was severely lacking. so I revamped the character, I hope its good! :p

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname:Lykos

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate

How often can you post?Often enough

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character First Name: Sigtrygg

Character Surname: Karlsson Snjalli

Character Title: Prince, Guardsman

Character Gender: Male

Species : Human

Appearance: A 6’7” tall Norseman from the height of the Viking age, with fairly straight golden blond hair and hazel colored eyes. He’s very well built and large, dwarfing most people during his time by a good margin. He has a few scars from close calls with attackers, mostly on his torso and arms, as well. He’s normally clad in the sort of lower class rough clothing his time had, rather than the higher class and expensive garments, in browns and whites due to a lack of dye.

He does also possess a full suit of early Varangian guard armor, with segmented metal (lamellar) chestplate and chainmail hauberk rather than the later full plate. Along with this are metal vambraces and arm protection, chain for protecting the neck, and simple leather boots. His helmet has an added noseguard, and optional facemask that he’s able to add for extra protection. This is made of Byzantine steel and iron, and is about as durable as one can expect from this.

Being a kind and overall gentle person, he’s usually smiling and jovial, despite his size and physique.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i.imgur.com/r52Tavh.png

Character Occupation or Specialty: Varangian Guardsman

Character's biggest strength:Literal strength, and combat ability. He’s an epitome of why vikings were considered some of the most vicious fighters of the era

Character's worst flaw:He’s not the smartest person ever, and slow to learn modern technology and beyond due to just how distant it is from his time. It might be easier to just tell him “It works because of magic”

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS

Primary Objective: Aid the defense of everything in the name of his gods, he’s always been a protector and guardsman so sees no reason why he can’t make it his aim to protect these new people from the various dangers of the multiverse.

Minor Goals:
  • Study more about his gods, and maybe even meet them again (after his brief encounter with Loki)
  • Learn about modern things, and get ‘caught up’ so to speak. He wants to not be so ignorant.
  • Improve his skill at arms, weapons, and warfare. His strengths lead him towards being a fighter so why not cultivate it.
  • Truly get past the loss of his family, even after all these years.
  • Make some good friends here! Life is boring without people to enjoy it with.
  • Learn about the nature of the multiverse, even if he’s not the brightest, he’s curious.

MUNDANE SKILLS
(These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.)

List Mundane skills here
  • Speaks Byzantine Greek and Old Norse, Barely any proper English
  • Basic fitness training, Norse style
  • Hand-to-hand combat
  • Reading Nordic runes
  • Survivalism - hunting, basic tracking, cooking. Nothing spectacular but it keeps him alive.
  • ‘First Aid’ - Medieval level, dressing and cleaning flesh wounds and crude methods of keeping someone alive.
  • Basics of how to use most medieval or ancient weapons, save bowmanship. If it’s a melee weapon he probably knows how to use it.
  • Impromptu weapons. That treebranch certainly can be used as a club, can’t it?
  • Nordic culture and religion, he’s very devout
  • Basic history, and legends of Nordic peoples.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
(These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here, no more than 4 points in each skill or talent. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc. You must take a skill pertaining to a supernatural power if you plan to use that power.)

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Weapon Specialization - Swords 3
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Weapon Specialization - Shields 2
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Weapon Specialization - Axes 2

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
(You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities, no more than 4 in each. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly: list wings. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed: list speed and give us its stop speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.)

• Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

• Ability 2:
    Power Level:

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths (what it does):
    Weaknesses (what counters it):
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
(If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet. Magical items have 7 points to spread among all of them. No items may be over 4 in power.)

List:
[*] None, unless a holy book counts

EQUIPMENT
(This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker. You have 7 points total to spend on magical items. No single item can be more powerful that 4.)

List:
`
  • Varangian Armor
  • Two-handed Long Axe
  • One-handed Axe
  • Varangian Sword
  • Varangian Shield, with the Imperial styling on it.
  • Astaru Edda - Norse holy text
  • A bit of hard bread

BACKGROUND
(Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.)

Education or Training: Tutoring from his parents, Clansmen, and experience of decades in combat.

Character Background/Biography:
I, like my elder brothers, was born on the island of Aland, in the castle our father had built to solidify his rule over the Finns. The old Capital was still the center of the Council, but father prefered to rule from Aland himself. There was simply something he liked about the island, and it made a good home for us as children. Away from the mainland father could teach us how he wanted, and without the Jarl's and Priests breathing down his neck for constant attention.

While the war against the old king of Sweden was before my time, it still colors my life as it is. The kings renouncement of our ancestral ways sickened my father Karl. He, along with allies he found who refused to give into the king’s attempts at converting the whole of the land, would rise up and declare their lands for the gods and our ancestors. It was a rather bloody civil war, but ended quickly with my father’s fleet landing near Uppsala and the death of the old king and his family. The Jarls crowned my father that very night, and he promised to make the old ways able to stand against this assault by the disciples of Christ.

What resulted from this was a holy book, a hierarchy of the priesthood and giving the King a new title: the Fylkir. This made the king the head of the faith, and protector of all worshippers of the old ways, or Asatru as it's being called now. Of course, not every jarl was content with these changes, especially outside of the Realm. But this has yet to come to any sort of blows outside of the King’s Hall.

I grew up with this new way of following the gods, with scribes writing tome after tome of this thing called a book. Our runes had never been transcribed in such a medium before, and it inspired others in our rule to begin putting down all of our legends and stories and sagas in similar ways.

I was betrothed to a princess of the Danish holdings in Angleland, from a township called York. This was soon into my life, around my tenth winter. We needed ties to the older families of our lands, even those who had settled in far away islands. I did understand, and Aren did turn out to be the love of my life. We were properly married when she came of age, and I did end up siring one child before I lost her for good.

Like our ancestors, I took up being a víkingr upon marriage. Raiding, slaying those who wished to destroy this reborn kingdom of ours, and marveling at the riches of the southern lands. It was a wonderful life, for a time. Living as our people had for generations, my stature making me a good víkingr. Loot for our homeland meant we could trade it abroad too, with our ties to the new settlers of Rus’ our goods started even making it to Miklagard and further. It was a good time.

Though this of course ended with the Pox making its way to our lands from one of our raids into Francia. I remained untouched, but much of my family perished. Including my beloved wife and child. Following this, I made a, in hindsight, irrational decision to leave the nation. I was never slated to inherit anyway, nor did I wish to marry again. I left with one of the boats of warriors wishing to join the Roman Guard in Miklagard.

So I followed them, my eventual brothers-in-arms, to Miklagard and into the service of an Emperor. This time passed quickly, a distraction from the heartache inside of myself. I trained, learned this strange tongue to navigate the city better, and protected the Emperor of Miklagard.

At least for a while. During a battle against the hordes of the Moslem Turks, a... opened in the battlefield in front of me, depositing myself in a strange place, far away from where I once was. With strange, giant lizard creatures who called themselves ‘Raptors’. This new place became a home for a while, and helped me actually have time to think. My brethren must have thought me dead on the field, to disappear as such.

But good things don’t last forever, and after meeting the god Loki, I was brought back to Miklagard. I went back into my work, making up a story about being lost following the battle and struggling to make it back through Turk territory. A reasonable enough story. Though I found going home to be... boring. The place I had found was magical, fantastical, and even stranger than the strangest legends.

I knew it unlikely I would ever return though. Such a fantastical world I wished to see once more, and learn even more about. The strange teleporting room, the lights without fire, everything new and strange. Though if it happened once, it very well could happen again, aye?

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture and description: http://i.imgur.com/diZj9FK.png
An apartment roughly following 10th century Greek/Byzantine stylings, though with Nordic touches such as an altar to the Norse pantheon with a miniature runestone and a copy of the Norse holy book, the Ásatrú Edda. Though, it does seem to have some modern(actual modern) conveniences, such as a proper bed and lights. Though he does strangely have an old style firepit and cookware, rather than anything new or modern.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Lykos
Character Name: Sigtrygg Karlsson Snjalli
Character Image Link: http://i.imgur.com/r52Tavh.png

Sig is a classic Viking, and Varangian guard from the Norse Kingdom. Years ago he had a brief stint in the building thanks to the Raptors, but this time he’s back to properly aid in the fight.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Cerillium wrote:Also, we're all over here in the Madhouse IRC. PLeeps are welcome, of course. https://discord.gg/Anv9SGh

Well, many of y'all are. :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:15 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Also, we're all over here in the Madhouse IRC. PLeeps are welcome, of course. https://discord.gg/Anv9SGh

Well, many of y'all are. :P

We're beyond hope.

Holy Lykos wrote:Looking back at his old old app, it was severely lacking. so I revamped the character, I hope its good! :p

#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname:Lykos

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate

How often can you post?Often enough

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character First Name: Sigtrygg

Character Surname: Karlsson Snjalli

Character Title: Prince, Guardsman

Character Gender: Male

Species : Human

Appearance: A 6’7” tall Norseman from the height of the Viking age, with fairly straight golden blond hair and hazel colored eyes. He’s very well built and large, dwarfing most people during his time by a good margin. He has a few scars from close calls with attackers, mostly on his torso and arms, as well. He’s normally clad in the sort of lower class rough clothing his time had, rather than the higher class and expensive garments, in browns and whites due to a lack of dye.

He does also possess a full suit of early Varangian guard armor, with segmented metal (lamellar) chestplate and chainmail hauberk rather than the later full plate. Along with this are metal vambraces and arm protection, chain for protecting the neck, and simple leather boots. His helmet has an added noseguard, and optional facemask that he’s able to add for extra protection. This is made of Byzantine steel and iron, and is about as durable as one can expect from this.

Being a kind and overall gentle person, he’s usually smiling and jovial, despite his size and physique.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i.imgur.com/r52Tavh.png

Character Occupation or Specialty: Varangian Guardsman

Character's biggest strength:Literal strength, and combat ability. He’s an epitome of why vikings were considered some of the most vicious fighters of the era

Character's worst flaw:He’s not the smartest person ever, and slow to learn modern technology and beyond due to just how distant it is from his time. It might be easier to just tell him “It works because of magic”

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS

Primary Objective: Aid the defense of everything in the name of his gods, he’s always been a protector and guardsman so sees no reason why he can’t make it his aim to protect these new people from the various dangers of the multiverse.

Minor Goals:
  • Study more about his gods, and maybe even meet them again (after his brief encounter with Loki)
  • Learn about modern things, and get ‘caught up’ so to speak. He wants to not be so ignorant.
  • Improve his skill at arms, weapons, and warfare. His strengths lead him towards being a fighter so why not cultivate it.
  • Truly get past the loss of his family, even after all these years.
  • Make some good friends here! Life is boring without people to enjoy it with.
  • Learn about the nature of the multiverse, even if he’s not the brightest, he’s curious.

MUNDANE SKILLS
(These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.)

List Mundane skills here
  • Speaks Byzantine Greek and Old Norse, Barely any proper English
  • Basic fitness training, Norse style
  • Hand-to-hand combat
  • Reading Nordic runes
  • Survivalism - hunting, basic tracking, cooking. Nothing spectacular but it keeps him alive.
  • ‘First Aid’ - Medieval level, dressing and cleaning flesh wounds and crude methods of keeping someone alive.
  • Basics of how to use most medieval or ancient weapons, save bowmanship. If it’s a melee weapon he probably knows how to use it.
  • Impromptu weapons. That treebranch certainly can be used as a club, can’t it?
  • Nordic culture and religion, he’s very devout
  • Basic history, and legends of Nordic peoples.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
(These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here, no more than 4 points in each skill or talent. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc. You must take a skill pertaining to a supernatural power if you plan to use that power.)

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Weapon Specialization - Swords 3
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Weapon Specialization - Shields 2
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Weapon Specialization - Axes 2

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
(You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities, no more than 4 in each. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly: list wings. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed: list speed and give us its stop speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.)

• Ability 1:
    Power Level:

• Ability 2:
    Power Level:

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths (what it does):
    Weaknesses (what counters it):
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
(If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet. Magical items have 7 points to spread among all of them. No items may be over 4 in power.)

List:
[*] None, unless a holy book counts

EQUIPMENT
(This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker. You have 7 points total to spend on magical items. No single item can be more powerful that 4.)

List:
`
  • Varangian Armor
  • Two-handed Long Axe
  • One-handed Axe
  • Varangian Sword
  • Varangian Shield, with the Imperial styling on it.
  • Astaru Edda - Norse holy text
  • A bit of hard bread

BACKGROUND
(Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.)

Education or Training: Tutoring from his parents, Clansmen, and experience of decades in combat.

Character Background/Biography:
I, like my elder brothers, was born on the island of Aland, in the castle our father had built to solidify his rule over the Finns. The old Capital was still the center of the Council, but father prefered to rule from Aland himself. There was simply something he liked about the island, and it made a good home for us as children. Away from the mainland father could teach us how he wanted, and without the Jarl's and Priests breathing down his neck for constant attention.

While the war against the old king of Sweden was before my time, it still colors my life as it is. The kings renouncement of our ancestral ways sickened my father Karl. He, along with allies he found who refused to give into the king’s attempts at converting the whole of the land, would rise up and declare their lands for the gods and our ancestors. It was a rather bloody civil war, but ended quickly with my father’s fleet landing near Uppsala and the death of the old king and his family. The Jarls crowned my father that very night, and he promised to make the old ways able to stand against this assault by the disciples of Christ.

What resulted from this was a holy book, a hierarchy of the priesthood and giving the King a new title: the Fylkir. This made the king the head of the faith, and protector of all worshippers of the old ways, or Asatru as it's being called now. Of course, not every jarl was content with these changes, especially outside of the Realm. But this has yet to come to any sort of blows outside of the King’s Hall.

I grew up with this new way of following the gods, with scribes writing tome after tome of this thing called a book. Our runes had never been transcribed in such a medium before, and it inspired others in our rule to begin putting down all of our legends and stories and sagas in similar ways.

I was betrothed to a princess of the Danish holdings in Angleland, from a township called York. This was soon into my life, around my tenth winter. We needed ties to the older families of our lands, even those who had settled in far away islands. I did understand, and Aren did turn out to be the love of my life. We were properly married when she came of age, and I did end up siring one child before I lost her for good.

Like our ancestors, I took up being a víkingr upon marriage. Raiding, slaying those who wished to destroy this reborn kingdom of ours, and marveling at the riches of the southern lands. It was a wonderful life, for a time. Living as our people had for generations, my stature making me a good víkingr. Loot for our homeland meant we could trade it abroad too, with our ties to the new settlers of Rus’ our goods started even making it to Miklagard and further. It was a good time.

Though this of course ended with the Pox making its way to our lands from one of our raids into Francia. I remained untouched, but much of my family perished. Including my beloved wife and child. Following this, I made a, in hindsight, irrational decision to leave the nation. I was never slated to inherit anyway, nor did I wish to marry again. I left with one of the boats of warriors wishing to join the Roman Guard in Miklagard.

So I followed them, my eventual brothers-in-arms, to Miklagard and into the service of an Emperor. This time passed quickly, a distraction from the heartache inside of myself. I trained, learned this strange tongue to navigate the city better, and protected the Emperor of Miklagard.

At least for a while. During a battle against the hordes of the Moslem Turks, a... opened in the battlefield in front of me, depositing myself in a strange place, far away from where I once was. With strange, giant lizard creatures who called themselves ‘Raptors’. This new place became a home for a while, and helped me actually have time to think. My brethren must have thought me dead on the field, to disappear as such.

But good things don’t last forever, and after meeting the god Loki, I was brought back to Miklagard. I went back into my work, making up a story about being lost following the battle and struggling to make it back through Turk territory. A reasonable enough story. Though I found going home to be... boring. The place I had found was magical, fantastical, and even stranger than the strangest legends.

I knew it unlikely I would ever return though. Such a fantastical world I wished to see once more, and learn even more about. The strange teleporting room, the lights without fire, everything new and strange. Though if it happened once, it very well could happen again, aye?

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture and description: http://i.imgur.com/diZj9FK.png
An apartment roughly following 10th century Greek/Byzantine stylings, though with Nordic touches such as an altar to the Norse pantheon with a miniature runestone and a copy of the Norse holy book, the Ásatrú Edda. Though, it does seem to have some modern(actual modern) conveniences, such as a proper bed and lights. Though he does strangely have an old style firepit and cookware, rather than anything new or modern.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Lykos
Character Name: Sigtrygg Karlsson Snjalli
Character Image Link: http://i.imgur.com/r52Tavh.png

Sig is a classic Viking, and Varangian guard from the Norse Kingdom. Years ago he had a brief stint in the building thanks to the Raptors, but this time he’s back to properly aid in the fight.

Approved. He's been parked. Won't need a lobby intro, unless you want one, and the you'll have to wait. :p

You're free to move him to the dining room, otherwise.

Left off app transfers at Gio's chars.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:14 pm

>20 years old
>Loses mom in the mall because distracted by choo choo train

We gotta fucking genius present here, guys.
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Giovenith wrote:>20 years old

The distraction train has no brakes tho *nodnods*
mumblemumblemumble

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:02 pm

But choo choo train. How can anyone not get distracted by those?

Alright, all PLeeps are invited to join, of course: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=405207 Madhouse, it lives! Well, okay, it's been alive a while, but we're finally in a thread on NS. The OSF is still the same (http://madhouseproductions.boards.net/) but with a pretty new coat.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:24 pm

After a week of hemorrhaging money, I finally have crap to show for it!

I'm posting this from my brand new, insanely overpowered gaming PC I built today. And because Bran turned into a gun-nut, I also now own a Norinco SKS rifle. :p

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:

But choo choo train. How can anyone not get distracted by those?

Alright, all PLeeps are invited to join, of course: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=405207 Madhouse, it lives! Well, okay, it's been alive a while, but we're finally in a thread on NS. The OSF is still the same (http://madhouseproductions.boards.net/) but with a pretty new coat.

I'd join, but my plate is already big enough as it is.

Learning how to do knife cuts while not chopping off fingers isnt easy!
Last edited by Tsuyoi Tekikoku on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:29 pm

@Swith: Hmmm, does "dwarven sword" count as old-fashioned?

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Stormwrath wrote:@Swith: Hmmm, does "dwarven sword" count as old-fashioned?

Not sure. If for my game, I'll take warriors with sword skills. Ninjas, pirates, Crusaders, etc.

A lot of peeps have finals next week, so we're sort of in limbo out of courtesy to them. I need Torro and Agy or my story won't work, so I'm delayed.

Bran... nice!!!

And I don't see UEA checking in. Was today her deadline, or tomorrow?
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:And I don't see UEA checking in. Was today her deadline, or tomorrow?

Tomorrow.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:40 pm

For the love of the heavens above, I'm free from school and test and piano recitals.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Saldinado wrote:For the love of the heavens above, I'm free from school and test and piano recitals.

o///

*offers penguin*
mumblemumblemumble

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Saldinado wrote:For the love of the heavens above, I'm free from school and test and piano recitals.

o///

*offers penguin*

...I love penguins. I love penguins so much.

*takes and snuggles penguin*

So I'm kinda out of the loop big time; what has happened that I am missed oh so much on?
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
o///

*offers penguin*

...I love penguins. I love penguins so much.

*takes and snuggles penguin*

So I'm kinda out of the loop big time; what has happened that I am missed oh so much on?

Pie. *nodnods*

In IC, meeting broke up, though some people are still chatting among themselves.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse