NATION

PASSWORD

Mercenaries: A World in Flames (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Mercenaries: A World in Flames (OOC/Open)

Postby Tayner » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:14 pm

In Cash We Trust

Welcome to Venezuela, a war-torn pice of South America. Not much, right? Wrong. This particular war-torn country sits on top of a lot of oil. I mean, enough oil to pull in Ame- I mean, The Allied Nations, and China into this little patch of jungle. What are you doing here you might ask? Well, you're a mercanary, and people with the big bucks need people like you to do their dirty work. You've founded a little PMC to get a cut of the cash, and to see some action, and set up base in western Venezuela. You have a few friends, someone who handles the contracts, someone to fly in the helicopter, and maybe you know someone smart enough to fly an airplane. You might not have some of these people, but, it wouldn't be hard to find someone with these skills.

Right now, Universal Petroleum and the People's Liberation Army of Venezuela are offering contracts for a couple hundred thousand dollars to combat each other and the Venezuelan Army. Jamaican Pirates have come south to exploit the chance to run rampant unchecked, and there's nothing anyone can do about them, because they're to busy fighting other people. UP have a long list of P.L.A.V. High Value Targets they need to use "advanced interview tactics" on, and the P.L.A.V. have a couple UP buildings that they need gone. Meanwhile the Pirates have a mile long shit list of people who owe them a couple thousand dollars too many. And each of these people have all sorts of contracts on Venezuelan Army assets, because no one likes the VZ.

Well, that's the lay of the land, and now you know all you need to know to know that there's mountains of cash to be had. You're getting an opertunity to set up a base of operations in western Venezuela for now, but soon enough you will get the opportunity to play with the big boys out east. But we'll think small for now and stick to the west. You can get supplies and money by simply searching the Amazons, or by stealing it from people who you think don't need it. You can hire a small army, and fight battles for the factions, or go solo and infiltrate the enemy's line of defense. Either way, you're still going to need a few good friends.

---
OP
Tayner
Co-OP(s)
Anowa

Rules
1: No godmoding or meta gaming.
2: Have respect for your fellow Role Players.
3: Follow NS site rules and such.
4: No applying for in game factions like the UP or P.L.A.V.
5: No Original PCs
6: OP is God, and Co-OPs are prophets
7: OP reserves the right to deny your application without explanation
8: Civilian casualties and collateral damage will be taken into account, and if you push the boundaries enough, the VZ army and P.L.A.V. along with other factions will probably post a bounty on you.

App:

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Mercenary In Charge's Name:[/b]
[b]Mercenary Bio:[/b]
[b]PMC Name:[/b]
[b]Contractors Employed:[/b]
[b]PMC Bio:[/b]
[b]Base of Operations:[/b]
[b]Assets:[/b]
[b]Anything else we should know?:[/b]
[b][color=#FF0000][1738-Do Not Remove][/color][/b]

Last edited by Tayner on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Roster
(Company Name) | (Player Name)
Vostok Enterprises | Anowa
Combined Arms Solutions | Tayner
Last edited by Tayner on Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Events!
OOC:
Anowa is your new Co-OP/prophet of OP, so listen when he says something I guess
Discord is up, drop by sometime, the link is in the OP
Due to popular vote, the real life geography of Venezuela will be used in contrast to the in-game map. This being said, do not travel beyond Venezuelan borders, or too far off the coast, unless you want your PMC to invade a country and become international aggressors.
We have a map now, courtesy of Anowa
Last edited by Tayner on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Red Party
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Party » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Tag
does smoking kill? idk

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Red Party wrote:Tag

Cool.

Also, general notice, I reserve Salano's villa, and the details of the coup are going to slightly be altered. I'll post the details later when I complete my app.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:20 pm

ECH
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Anowa wrote:ECH

¿Qué?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Tayner wrote:
Anowa wrote:ECH

¿Qué?

I don't know if I should make a male character or a female one.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:58 pm

Anowa wrote:
Tayner wrote:¿Qué?

I don't know if I should make a male character or a female one.

You could do both, and then kill one off later.

I plan on having a combined arms PMC, although I'm not sure what cheap plane for CAS I can use, and how many I should use. I'll probably just use the cheapest one on the Ace Combat BL list :/

But I have a good idea on what to use for just about everything else.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:00 am

Tayner wrote:
Anowa wrote:I don't know if I should make a male character or a female one.

You could do both, and then kill one off later.

I plan on having a combined arms PMC, although I'm not sure what cheap plane for CAS I can use, and how many I should use. I'll probably just use the cheapest one on the Ace Combat BL list :/

Thunderchief.

Will the mercs be working together?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:04 am

Anowa wrote:
Tayner wrote:You could do both, and then kill one off later.

Thunderchief.

Will the mercs be working together?

If they decide to. PMCs can always hire other PMCs to augment their forces, or two PMCs may be contracted by someone to do the same job. Otherwise I don't see much incentive unless you're on a revenge rage.

How many Thunderchiefs do you think would be reasonable? I would think two or three.
Last edited by Tayner on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:51 am

Nation Name: Tayner
Mercenary In Charge's Name: Reed Johnson
Mercenary Bio: Born in 1988, Reed was raised in Texas. It was after college when he got a commission with the Army, and served with the Allied Nations in Korea when the deck of 52 was issued. After the conflict cooled down, he had two options, be doomed to an XO's life of paperwork, or leave the army and start something of his own. He drifted around for a bit, until an idea hit him, what if he could operate a PMC like the ones he saw in Korea. He recruited some of his old military friends, former law enforcement officials, and other trained people who were for hire.
PMC Name: Combined Arms Solutions
PMC Bio: Created by Reed Johnson in 2007, Combined Arms Solutions (CAS) found work defending Universal Petroleum's pipelines in the Middle East, and later in 2009, they were contracted to facilitate an Allied Nation's incursion in Africa where a rather large sum of oil was found. In 2010, Combined Arms Solutions was contracted to rescue a Venezuelan General who was being held hostage by a splinter faction of the military.

After the infantry secured the beachhead, the fly boys dropped in some armor to pave the way. The fight was short, the VZA being easily outgunned and outnumbered. After the General was rescued, Salano met with the leadership of CAS, and gave them two options, leave the country, or be targeted by the VZA. Reed Returned to his forces, and blitzed the villa, catching the Venezuelan guards by surprise.

After securing the Villa, the PMC set up a FOB, and started search & destroy mission against the VZ. They flew in more assets and troops from the states, and prepared for war.
Base of Operations:
Assets:
5x 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Technicals
2x 2007 Unarmed Chevrolet Silverados
4x M551 Sheridans
4x Stingray II Light Tanks
1x Crocodile Patrol Boat (Captured from Venezuela)
2x Republic F-105 Thunderchiefs
15x .50 Caliber Machine Guns
5x Recoiless Rifles
8x M113 APCs
2x Huey Gunships
1x Surplus Liberator Transport Helicopter (Used for heavy lifting)
2x 155mm Artillery Guns (Secured from Salano's villa)
100x Assault Carbines
50x Pistols
3x SAM launchers
5x RPGs
$500k (Secured from around Salano's Villa and surrounding areas)
Anything else we should know?: All vehicles are painted with jungle camouflage, and are otherwise unmarked, except for the two unarmed trucks and air assets.
[1738-Do Not Remove]
Last edited by Tayner on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:40 pm

So we're using the actual map of Venezuela right? Because the M2 map compresses most of the country into a 8 minute drive.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The East Europan Imperial Alliance
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Europan Imperial Alliance » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Ooh, I love this game :D

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Nation Name: Anowa
Mercenary In Charge's Name: Anastasiya (Anya) Miloslava Semyonovna
Mercenary Bio: Born in 1970 to a Soviet Army Colonel, Anya's life was relatively easy compared to the rest of the USSR's people. She never had to experience food lines, she got a decent education and she never had to experience walking in the snow uphill and both ways her entire childhood. Eventually she experienced all of the previous when she joined the Soviet military, and subsequently the VDV. Soon after her enlistment she would be deployed to fight in the Soviet-Afghan war, where her time there would result in both physical and mental scarring, turning the once optimistic and bubbly girl into a cynical and pessimistic war veteran. All for the wasted cause of making a country communist when it didn't want it.

From her time between the end of the war to the present Anya left her country when the USSR collapsed and continued her life as a mercenary. Along with a number of fellow minded men and women from her platoon. After participating in a number of African and Southeast Asian conflicts, as well as a few operations for FARC, she began to actually put a call out for recruitment and acquiring surplus. This was the official start of Vostok Enterprises.

In the years since, she's since started taking a back seat from direct combat roles, despite this she's still a rather tough cookie. Just that her going out into the field would either mean something is too sensitive for other people, someone fucked up badly, or she's just getting bored.

PMC Name: Vostok Enterprises
PMC Bio:Officially founded in 1998 Vostok Enterprises started off as a small company run by aging members of a VDV platoon. Before soon expanding it's pool to a selection of pilots, soldiers. and non-com personnel. Eventually they bought a container ship to act as a mobile base of sorts. Eventually they came under contract with ExOps, a way they found slightly restricting, but with the pay that they got they could at least keep the maintenance cost of the container ship off their minds. They've been employed largely in African conflicts, though the Middle East as well as Central and South America has been a hotzone for them as well.

As of current, they've been employed by ExOps to cast their hand into the area, acting as technical freelancers, but still acting as a subsidiary of ExOps. As such their actions need to remain 'professional', else their support from the company will be cut and their contract cancelled.
Base of Operations: La Macolla, Falcón, Venezuela
Assets:
  • $830k USD in liquid assets and stockpiled cash.
  • Land Assets
    • BTR-80 x9
    • BRDM-2 x6
    • 2K22 Tunguska x3
    • T-72B1 x2
    • M520 Goer x8
    • GAZ-66 x12
  • Aerial Assets
    • F-15E x2 (Empire Flight)
    • Mi-24 Hind-D x3
    • Mi-26 Halo x2
    • HC-130J Combat King II x1
    • Bell 412 x5
  • Sea Assets
    • Modified Container ship x1
    • Stenka-class PT Boat x3
  • Infantry Assets
    • 170x AK-103
    • 340x MP-443 Grach
    • 80x Spectre M4
    • 8x 9K38 Igla
    • 3x OSV-96 AMR
    • 12x RPG-7 AT
    • 6x Kord HMG
Anything else we should know?:
  • All vehicles are painted an ash grey, with a White "V.I." stanciled onto the vehicle in a clear and unobstructed location.
  • Don't refuse any baked goods in any meetings.
  • Don't make any remarks towards Miss Semyonova's scars if you even suspect she may be in ear shot.
  • Toll free contact number is 1-800-VOSTOK-NOW
[1738-Do Not Remove]
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Anowa wrote:Nation Name: Anowa
Mercenary Bio: Born in 1970 to a Soviet Army Colonel, Anya's life was relatively easy compared to the rest of the USSR's people. She never had to experience food lines, she got a decent education and she never had to experience walking in the snow uphill and both ways her entire childhood. Eventually she experienced all of the previous when she joined the Soviet military, and subsequently the VDV. Soon after her enlistment she would be deployed to fight in the Soviet-Afghan war, where her time there would result in both physical and mental scarring, turning the once optimistic and bubbly girl into a cynical and pessimistic war veteran. All for the wasted cause of making a country communist when it didn't want it.

From her time between the end of the war to the present Anya left her country when the USSR collapsed and continued her life as a mercenary. Along with a number of fellow minded men and women from her platoon. After participating in a number of African and Southeast Asian conflicts, as well as a few operations for FARC, she began to actually put a call out for recruitment and acquiring surplus. This was the official start of Vostok Enterprises.

In the years since, she's since started taking a back seat from direct combat roles, despite this she's still a rather tough cookie. Just that her going out into the field would either mean something is too sensitive for other people, someone fucked up badly, or she's just getting bored.

PMC Bio:Officially founded in 1998 Vostok Enterprises started off as a small company run by aging members of a VDV platoon. Before soon expanding it's pool to a selection of pilots, soldiers. and non-com personnel. Eventually they bought a container ship to act as a mobile base of sorts. Eventually they came under contract with ExOps, a way they found slightly restricting, but with the pay that they got they could at least keep the maintenance cost of the container ship off their minds. They've been employed largely in African conflicts, though the Middle East as well as Central and South America has been a hotzone for them as well.

As of current, they've been employed by ExOps to cast their hand into the area, acting as technical freelancers, but still acting as a subsidiary of ExOps. As such their actions need to remain 'professional', else their support from the company will be cut and their contract cancelled.
Assets:
  • Land Assets
    • BTR-80 x9
    • BRDM-2 x6
    • 2K22 Tunguska x3
    • T-72B1 x2
    • M520 Goer x8
    • GAZ-66 x12
  • Aerial Assets
    • Mi-24 Hind-D x3
    • Mi-26 Halo x2
    • Bell 412 x5
  • Sea Assets
  • Infantry Assets
    • 170x AK-103
    • 340x MP-443 Grach
    • 80x Spectre M4
    • 8x 9K38 Igla
    • 3x OSV-96 AMR
    • 12x RPG-7 AT
    • 6x Kord HMG
  • All vehicles are painted an ash grey, with a White "V.I." stanciled onto the vehicle in a clear and unobstructed location.
  • Don't make any remarks towards Miss Semyonova's scars if you even suspect she may be in ear shot.
[1738-Do Not Remove]

How many mercenaries do you have employed?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Tayner wrote:
Anowa wrote:Nation Name: Anowa

Assets:
  • Land Assets
    • BTR-80 x9
    • BRDM-2 x6
    • 2K22 Tunguska x3
    • T-72B1 x2
    • M520 Goer x8
    • GAZ-66 x12
  • Aerial Assets
    • Mi-24 Hind-D x3
    • Mi-26 Halo x2
    • Bell 412 x5
  • Sea Assets
  • Infantry Assets
    • 170x AK-103
    • 340x MP-443 Grach
    • 80x Spectre M4
    • 8x 9K38 Igla
    • 3x OSV-96 AMR
    • 12x RPG-7 AT
    • 6x Kord HMG
[1738-Do Not Remove]

How many mercenaries do you have employed?

140 dedicated ground pounders. Roughly 200 support, logistics, and vehicle crew.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Anowa wrote:So we're using the actual map of Venezuela right? Because the M2 map compresses most of the country into a 8 minute drive.

That's a good question, there are pros and cons of the actual map vs the in-game map. The actual map offers a more accurate representation, but the in-game map would be easier for people acquainted with the game a better platform for representing events.

I'll put it to a poll, as soon as I figure out how...

Anowa wrote:140 dedicated ground pounders. Roughly 200 support, logistics, and vehicle crew.

Ok. I'm trying to keep it around the 100 combat personnel mark. Also, since I know you, I'll allow the ExOps backing, just don't count on them to provide NPC support unless you really get fucked up for balance reasons.

Accepted.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Nation Name: Altito Asmoro
Mercenary In Charge's Name: Jack Tama
Mercenary Bio: Jack was a Singaporean who was born on January 1978, and was raised in Singapore. Son of Indonesian father and Singaporean-Chinese mother, he had a generally-speaking normal childhood. After high school, he went into conscription service that is compulsory and soon found himself enamored deeper to the cultures of military. Eventually, he served longer in the Singaporean Army and assigned into the service of embassy, providing security. One such case was in South Korea, where the effect of Deck 52 and subsequent consequences of North Korea's new regime turned a new leaf on his own life.

He was soon mobilized alongside a small detachment of Singaporean army as part of Allied Nations' force on the assault, and saw the services of PMCs with such flexibility. After the end of the war, Jack realized that while served in the Singaporean Army has been a fine job, the thought of a more glorious career in PMC is a better one in the long-run. He soon formed a PMC with few of his friends and began to recruited those who had been deemed sufficient for the expansion of the PMC.

PMC Name: Rising Sun Warriors (RSW)
Contractors Employed: 150 (too few?)
PMC Bio: Rising Sun Warriors was a small PMC formed by Jack Tama and his friends following the end of Second Korean War. Jack Tama realized the PMC as a way to affect the world in a smaller yet more important or vital ways. Founded on 2007, soon the Rising Sun Warriors was hired to protect Allied Nations's economic interest, particularly with United States of America's interests. Soon they were able to afforded better equipment and more men. On 2009, RSW was hired by Argentina to acted as their elite support to protected their oil pipelines and economic interests, where they were able to cultivated popularity within Argentina, subsequently hired for larger contracts with other nations in South America.

Currently, they are in Venezuela as part of Universal Petroleum's insistence on them to aid in their war against P.L.A.V and Venezuelan government itself, as they began to be a troubling faction for Venezuela itself, and perhaps they in need for assistance.

Base of Operations: Pedraza, Barinas, Venezuela
Assets:

$530k in liquid assets, cash, gold.

Land Assets :
-150x FAL
-150x Glock 17
-9x RPG
-40x Minimi
-50 Armalite Ar.50
-2x Eurocopter EC725
-2x Mil Mi-24
-2x Panavia Tornado
-6x EE-11 Urutu
-6x EE-9 Cascavel
-20x Bushmaster Protected Mobility Vehicle

Anything else we should know?: N/A
[1738-Do Not Remove]
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:39 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Nation Name: Altito Asmoro
Mercenary In Charge's Name: Jack Tama
Mercenary Bio: Jack was a Singaporean who was born on January 1978, and was raised in Singapore. Son of Indonesian father and Singaporean-Chinese mother, he had a generally-speaking normal childhood. After high school, he went into conscription service that is compulsory and soon found himself enamored deeper to the cultures of military. Eventually, he served longer in the Singaporean Army and assigned into the service of embassy, providing security. One such case was in South Korea, where the effect of Deck 52 and subsequent consequences of North Korea's new regime turned a new leaf on his own life.

He was soon mobilized alongside a small detachment of Singaporean army as part of Allied Nations' force on the assault, and saw the services of PMCs with such flexibility. After the end of the war, Jack realized that while served in the Singaporean Army has been a fine job, the thought of a more glorious career in PMC is a better one in the long-run. He soon formed a PMC with few of his friends and began to recruited those who had been deemed sufficient for the expansion of the PMC.

PMC Name: Rising Sun Warriors (RSW)
Contractors Employed: 100 (too few?)
PMC Bio: Rising Sun Warriors was a small PMC formed by Jack Tama and his friends following the end of Second Korean War. Jack Tama realized the PMC as a way to affect the world in a smaller yet more important or vital ways. Founded on 2007, soon the Rising Sun Warriors was hired to protect Allied Nations's economic interest, particularly with United States of America's interests. Soon they were able to afforded better equipment and more men.

Currently, while they are still in service for the Allied Nations, they are to be deployed to Venezuela to helped the AN on their journey to help the much-ridden citizens.

Base of Operations:
Assets:
[1738-Do Not Remove]

The AN hasn't made it's incursion into Venezuala yet...

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Did some thread maintenance; roster, events list, and discord are all a thing now

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:09 am

Anowa, could you use an additional employee? What I have in mind is a Vostok hunter-killer cell operating out of Maracaibo, responsible for locating and eliminating/abducting HVTs around the Greaater Lake Maracaibo metropolitan areas.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:37 am

Cylarn wrote:Anowa, could you use an additional employee? What I have in mind is a Vostok hunter-killer cell operating out of Maracaibo, responsible for locating and eliminating/abducting HVTs around the Greaater Lake Maracaibo metropolitan areas.

If you want.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:56 am

Tag
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Finally! Something I can use Akarah for!
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse