NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Mutatis mutandis ...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:23 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
I hate to disillusion you at this age, but that's a work of fiction.

NONESENSE. Next youll tell me Violet isnt Max!

Mods don't talk about that. If boats had lips, mine would be sealed. :p
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
NONESENSE. Next youll tell me Violet isnt Max!

Well, do they have fingers?
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 am

Auremena wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:I believe it to be more of a sail boat that a lone Bostonian built at her dad's pier. :P
I'd never build any sort of boat that didn't run on nuclear power. Going to have to slightly change the term full steam ahead.
No offense meant to our coal powered moderator.

If I had a nuclear reactor, my whole crew would have died of radiation poisoning. :?
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:29 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
Auremena wrote:Dad doesn't own one of those either.
I'm an airplane gal, not really a ship gal.
Unless it's long, narrow, and filled with seamen. I like those kind of ships.
Or their Russian/Soviet counterparts, which did the same with less than a third of the seamen.

Ah yeah, that's true, forgot about that. :U

Also naughty. :P
Auremena wrote:I mean Boston is one of the places pizza as you know it today really developed.*kidnaps Sungai and takes him to see the pengiuns*
Nooooooooooo- aww lookit the penguins!
How are submarines naughty?
See? Penguins cure everything!
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Auremena wrote:I'd never build any sort of boat that didn't run on nuclear power. Going to have to slightly change the term full steam ahead.
No offense meant to our coal powered moderator.
If I had a nuclear reactor, my whole crew would have died of radiation poisoning. :?
Only if the Soviets built it. They were notorious for skimping on the radiation shielding to get a couple of knots more speed.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Pizza Hut, the food there is only edible according to Jabba the Hut.

Never enough sauce. Cheese is always stale. And its usually over-cooked. >.>

I'm allergic to tomato, so I always get white pizza and don't care about the sauce, but I don't eat at Pizza Hut because of the stale cheese.

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:Never enough sauce. Cheese is always stale. And its usually over-cooked. >.>
I'm allergic to tomato, so I always get white pizza and don't care about the sauce, but I don't eat at Pizza Hut because of the stale cheese.
I can't believe how hard that must be to avoid. Tomatoes are a brilliant thing, especially when warm. I can't imagine how it must feel to not be able to enjoy anything made with them.
COYS!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

I will admit, Domino's has a garlic parmesan sauce that's decently good.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:33 am

Auremena wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Ah yeah, that's true, forgot about that. :U

Also naughty. :P Nooooooooooo- aww lookit the penguins!
How are submarines naughty?
See? Penguins cure everything!

Indeed they do.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 am

Kannap wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Bet the criminal was on drugs or something.

The driver that police suspect caused the accident is being questioned in the hospital.

As for our track coach - original news at 10PM was that his spine was severed at the neck and he was in ICU fighting for his life. Last update I heard was at midnight and he had moved some of his fingers and was able to breath on his own.

Sounds like he has a partially severed spine.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

You poor soul. I used to be allergic to tomatoes. Grew out of it and now I can't have enough.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
They have them in both China and the US. I don't know if China has Cici's specifically, but they have pizza buffets.

Don't think I'd ever heard of them in my life. Never heard my dad talk about it either, him being a heavy commuter to China, though I imagine it's probably because he tends to eat more of the local food there instead a lot of the time.

Yeah, the pizza places exist, but they're not all that common. The local food is easier to find and it's really good. I only went to the pizza buffet in Shijiazhuang to keep homesickness under control.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Well, do they have fingers?

No... Why do you ask?

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 am

Auremena wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:I'm allergic to tomato, so I always get white pizza and don't care about the sauce, but I don't eat at Pizza Hut because of the stale cheese.
I can't believe how hard that must be to avoid. Tomatoes are a brilliant thing, especially when warm. I can't imagine how it must feel to not be able to enjoy anything made with them.

Ew, hell no. I hate warm or cooked tomatoes. Tis why I only scrape the top of spaghetti sauce. Blegh.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 am

Auremena wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:If I had a nuclear reactor, my whole crew would have died of radiation poisoning. :?
Only if the Soviets built it. They were notorious for skimping on the radiation shielding to get a couple of knots more speed.

19th century New Yorkers weren't too good with shielding either, and I really couldn't handle the added weight.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

Also, if you're allergic to one nightshade, it's not uncommon to be allergic to the others.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:39 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Auremena wrote:I can't believe how hard that must be to avoid. Tomatoes are a brilliant thing, especially when warm. I can't imagine how it must feel to not be able to enjoy anything made with them.

Ew, hell no. I hate warm or cooked tomatoes. Tis why I only scrape the top of spaghetti sauce. Blegh.

When my brother was really young, he used to ask for "tomato cookies." (Basically just slices of raw tomato.)
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:39 am

Auremena wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:I'm allergic to tomato, so I always get white pizza and don't care about the sauce, but I don't eat at Pizza Hut because of the stale cheese.

Ugh... I dislike cooked tomatoes.

I prefer them raw.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:39 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

When my brother was really young, he used to ask for "tomato cookies." (Basically just slices of raw tomato.)

I eat them like apples. :lol2:

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:40 am

Khalisako wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:And now, Domino's.

The context for that is that a few guys, looking pretty much like they were Domino's employees, were doing a promo on, looking at their website, their "Value Pizza" which basically meant that I wound up buying a small pizza that looks maybe about 5" wide for $5, so... whoop. :P

Is it good pizza tho?

Local pizza joints are better
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:41 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:When my brother was really young, he used to ask for "tomato cookies." (Basically just slices of raw tomato.)

I eat them the same way, except I put salt on them.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:41 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Don't think I'd ever heard of them in my life. Never heard my dad talk about it either, him being a heavy commuter to China, though I imagine it's probably because he tends to eat more of the local food there instead a lot of the time.

Yeah, the pizza places exist, but they're not all that common. The local food is easier to find and it's really good. I only went to the pizza buffet in Shijiazhuang to keep homesickness under control.

Ah, I see then...

Yeah, the local food is good, that much I can agree... outside of the school food.

The context is that I went on a school trip there when I was much younger and we communed with the students there for the week and there was some stuff that tasted well enough, but others... not so much. Particularly the biscuits.

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:41 am

I'm pretty sure the author of the fanfic I'm reading has played Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, because some of the quotes they're using as chapter introductions are exactly as I remember them from SMAC. I played that game a lot in my teen years. It's probably my favourite game of all time.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:When my brother was really young, he used to ask for "tomato cookies." (Basically just slices of raw tomato.)

I have issues with the texture. Of course, I've always had excuses for why I don't like *insert name of vegetable here*
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Well, do they have fingers?

No... Why do you ask?

Typing

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General