NATION

PASSWORD

GAMA: White and Gray [OOC] [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

GAMA: White and Gray [OOC] [OPEN]

Postby Monfrox » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:13 am

IT'S BACK!

IC Thread

The quintessential mechs vs. zombies roleplay you may not know and may not love as a direct result of not knowing about firstly is finally getting it's second season with a fresh start and new cast. So, time for a recap exposition!

In the year 2020, a Russian engineer named Vladislav Harmanov invented a massive war machine, which he called an M.G.W. (Mechanical Giant Warrior). He eventually gave his idea to the Russian government in hopes that they would share it with the rest of the world. However, the Russian government saw it as an opportunity to be one step ahead of the US, so they kept it to themselves. Because the Russian government did not honor his wishes, Vlad moved to the US and created a better mech. He was eventually able to get the United States to share his mechs with the world. Eventually, due to the great power of these mechs, The United Nations decided that they would be used only by a single organization. The organization is today known as Gama. Gama is an international security and intelligence organization which specializes in the use of these mechs, now called VALKs. The machines are far too complex to be used by a single human pilot, but advancements in nanotechnology were able to solve the issue by making the pilots and the machines into one entity. The nanotechnology that merges the human with the mech must be used before the individual hits puberty. It also only works with people who are AB+. Those who have been made VALK pilots by Gama are called Valkyries.

In January of 2050, a new virus began to spread. It started out with a few individuals experiencing strange symptoms in China, India, The United States, Russia, Australia, Nigeria, The United Kingdom, and Mexico. Nobody knew how these individuals got this virus, nor did doctors know what to do about it. After a few days of feeling the affects of the virus, all the people felt perfectly fine. Because of this, most of them were released from the hospital. Bad idea. The next day, people in all of the above countries reported getting bitten by the same people who were said to be sick with the new virus. In a few hours, the people who had been bitten became zombified and began attacking people as well. The virus is now quickly spreading to other countries.

To make matters worse, a rogue religious extremist group (assumed to have originated in Europe) known as Proteus, began attacking resistance camps and research facilities. The United Nations has reason to believe that Proteus was responsible for starting the spread of the virus in the first place. The United Nations and Gama are now working to stop Proteus and rid the world of this deadly virus before all humans are turned into zombies.

After years of hard fighting and working to restore some semblance of civilization beyond that of the few last bastions of humanity, Gama has stagnated in the face of overwhelming opposition. It is currently 2077, and Gama has been on the defensive, chasing Proteus forces away only for them to reappear somewhere else. They're stretched thin and outnumbered. Humanity's last hope may have started with them, but you can decide whether or not it will end with them.

Now, onto the new stuff:

During the first years of the infection, China and India were largely unstable. With such crowded populations, the infection spread like wildfire. Soon enough, places like Paris, Hamburg, London, New York, and Tokyo were starting to encounter their own string of problems and difficulties. At around 2060, the United Kingdom gave up the ghost and evacuated all it's remaining healthy citizens to Canada in hopes that the northern climate would stifle the infected's advances. It did, but only for a time until the massive mega horde that had engulfed the entire Eastern seaboard and much of the first states, had begun moving and growing across the rest of the US. Canada closed off and fortified all along it's border, but it was a largely futile endeavor. With infected numbering in upwards of millions of bodies and most military efforts at culling their numbers turning out more failures than successes, what few remained had sought to get out in hopes of being able to outrun the hordes.

This part, ironically, was largely successful and has resulted in the formation of what we will call "Exodus Battalion". After 2070, the world was 90% infected with only a few beacons of civilization remaining in places like South Africa, Germany, Japan, and Norway. Exodus Battalion, being small as it was, had avoided being counted. Based up in Alaska, surrounded by lush forest and mountainous terrain, here the battle for survival is focused more against the elements than the infected, as the human factor has taken precedence. Fort Richardson and Elmendorf AFB are the headquarters of this new front. And though it may seem quiet, there is still a large number of infected being sited since 2075, and their sightings continue to grow in frequency and grouping. Perhaps this sanctuary is in danger.

Clarifications:

Now I know what this is. "Mechs vs. Zombies". That's probably what hooked you here in the first place. I'll tell you now that we will not have mechs readily at our disposal here in the Exodus Battalion. Now, hold on a minute. Does that mean we won't have any mechs at all? No. A lot of what we'll do here will have impacts on the universe, you'll see. The mechs are taking a backseat for now as we get into a more realistic approach to the zombie apocalypse. Now, that all being said, if you're still on for this then great. Let's get on to meeting the rest of the Battalion.

The State of Operations in Alaska:

Exodus Battalion itself, formally known as the Northern Anglo Alliance, is made up of former units folded in and folded in again during the big withdraw from most of the North American continent. You'll find anywhere from National Guard units whose home states have been overrun, to Delta boys who still have some fight in them. Canadian Armed Forces regulars, to Joint Task Force 2. Even a few of the British have made it here all the way from England, having been spared the fire. Royal Marines and SAS are some of what they bring to the table. Now, this was all done years ago. Many of these hardcore grade-A Special Operations Forces guys and gals are pushing their forties and fifties, with the younger guns fast approaching thirty, thirty-five. Your usual Army regulars are now in their late twenties, early thirties. These guys have been through hell and then some, but are still brimming with the indomitable human spirit. They will not quit until they or every other infected is dead. However, they are not the only ones here.

Though China and Russia are largely (un)dead for the most part, their navies have managed to withstand the worst of the collapse. Mutinies have seen most ships destroyed either themselves of by docking at an infected harbor in a vain attempt to fight the infected to try to rescue crew family members. Those that had calm collected captains and crews and nuclear reactors to power their vessels have fled their home countries in hopes of finding new places to live. Many settled around the Pacific islands, ones that had seen bloody fighting back in the days of the World War 2 island-hopping campaigns. But, a few have made it to Anchorage and other places through the Bering Sea. The only ships still running are the aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines (though there is a Kirov battlecruiser).

The PLA Navy and VMF Rossii have docked around the Southern harbors in Alaska, and in the years since past, they've converted some of their few nuclear subs into impromptu power plants. Such was a necessity in the harsh Alaskan wintry months. Though the survival of all the community rests on these good deeds, the factions of the last three great superpowers are still very much fresh in their rivalries. In an effort to defuse the political warring, each of the three factions were given their own towns to renovate and live in around Anchorage. A diplomatic meeting place was established at the Anchorage City Hall for meetings of "the Tribunes": Three elected individuals from each faction to discuss the needs of their people and what problems have arisen. They meet once a week to ensure relations are kept fresh and peaceful.

Where you come in:

You are a member of Exodus Battalion. Perhaps you were with us for the bleak days in the beginning stages of the infection spreading through New York, perhaps you were one of the Brits who were too stubborn to die after the fall of London. Or maybe you're a fresh recruit, having been picked up along the way for only the sheer miracle of being in the right place at the right time during the withdraw. Maybe you choose to remain with Exodus Battalion after the Chinese and Russians split their claims and decided they wanted to work semi-independently. You could even be the resultant offspring of one of the soldiers and his or her significant other, and ran with your family to safety to escape the undead menace. Whoever you are, you're here in this mess now and you gotta earn your place. Don't worry, you're in good hands.

Much of the old SOF guys have been hanging around the Army regulars, the Weekend Warriors, and the civvies since after the first few months. These guys are your lifeline to survival. They haven't taught you everything, but your schooling consists of the basics of firearms and wilderness survival. When you're ready to step up, then the training gets tougher. Experience is the best teacher, and these guys will make you experience The Suck just as they have in their days. Just because your enemy wants to eat you alive don't mean nothing to these guys. To them, it's the same basic concept: Kill the enemy before he kills you. With their help, you can either learn how to get by and survive like most everyone else, or you can learn to be a true zombie killing machine. The choice is yours.

What you have to work with:

Due to the ingenious insight of some of the brainier guys, Exodus Battalion grabbed everything it could carry and then some in their withdrawal from the States. This included a number of firearms and uniforms, along with other equipment. You could have some civvie made body armor (not that it'd do you much good), some old M81 Woodland BDUs to wear, and an old Henry lever-action rifle. Surplus is the name of the game, as much of the higher-end gear is given to the guys who go out on Kill Teams. Because they're the one's who need it most, that's why. Stop whining about your ALICE pack. Now, that doesn't mean all your shit is older than you are. You could have some MOLLE vests around and some assault packs, but don't expect to be rockin' Crye Precision level gear like those SEAL guys do. Don't think that you'll get a nice Daniel Defense M4 with all those laser sights and ACOGs and handstops with the one-point sling, either. Put that back where you found it before you wake up to a bucket of ice cold water and 100 push ups.

You're going to run with a mish-mash of stuff if you're a civvie, which despite being a "Battalion", is the main majority of the population. Well, that's because a lot of those old CIA spooks and other intelligence officer types they picked up outside D.C. and shit aren't technically military either. Still, lot of the Nat Guard's gear has seen better days too, so don't think they're any better off just cause they're military. Things are tough for everyone. You gotta make do with what you have, but don't feel bad about it. Gear like that gives you character, and that's the name of the game here. Now, onto the good stuff you've been reading all this shit for.

Rules:
1. I am OP. My word is the Word of God. Trust and respect your OP and the CO-OPs I may appoint.
2. This is an intermediate/advanced Role-Play. That means I expect a couple paragraphs in your posts at the very least. Unless you're a FT RPer (or your name is Kassaran) and you constantly write small novels for your posts full of a lot of filibuster that I can avoid by just reading the first and last line, then I won't rag on you for writing too much in your post.
3. You will play nice or you will be kicked out of the sandbox
4. This is an anime RP in the sense that your character's picture should be drawn.
5. I will not tolerate godmodding or metaknowledge.
6. RP Samples are a requirement unless I don't need one due to having an extended history with you as a player.
7. Please be brief when TGing me ideas. I have a short attention span and as of writing this am a midnight shift worker.
8. If you absolutely positively have to Role-Play as an SOF character, I will expect you to give me an RP sample of you at your most operator of writing. I will not hand out such characters just because you ask nicely.
9. Going with the topic of the above rule; This is a very tactical RP. I will not expect you to know how to breach and clear an entire 2 story building all by yourself, but I will expect you to know when is a good time to fire your weapon and what trigger discipline is.
10. Doing stupid things will get you killed. I don't wanna see people free-running with a Glock, popping zombies as they go like they're God's gift at killing zombies. That's not what his RP is about. Play it safe, play it smart.
11. This RP can be slow or quick, but keep the flux minimal. One post from each of you a week at least.
12. Mandatory fun is in full effect.

Character Application:
Code: Select all
[b]Nationstates Name[/b]: (nicknames can be listed alongside your name so we can address you properly)
[b]Character name[/b]: (if you want to run a military character, please put their desired rank in their name)
[b]Character sex[/b]: (are you a boy or a girl?)
[b]Character age[/b]: (the age of your character will determine much about them)
[b]Character role[/b] : (civilian or military kinds of jobs. Either or. Get creative and think out of the box)
[b]Character appearance[/b]: (if you can't find an image, a description will suffice)
[b]Level of training[/b]: (the extent to which the SOF guys have taught you. Should coincide with your age and role)
[b]Strengths[/b]: (what is your character good at? avoid too many)
[b]Flaws[/b]: (no one is perfect)
[b]Personality[/b]: (give a brief description so we can gauge how they'll act ICly)
[b]Biography[/b]: (what has your character done in the days before and after the infection? what's their history with Exodus Battalion?)
[b]RP Sample[/b]: (link directly to posts. Please do not link to an entire thread because I will not be able to sort through the whole thing)
[b]Theme song[/b]: (this is not required, but gives us a good feel for your character. Think about what would play when they walk into a room or something that speaks to their character)

Accepted Characters:
Dr. George "Geo" Liner
Lieutenant Marshall Danielson 'Pops' Graeves
Xinyi Lu
Corporal Elizabeth Doyle
Sergeant Danielle "Punisher" Jackson
Eden Walker
Lieutenant Colonel Liam Blackburn
Casey Holmes

Trivial things:
OP's recommended reading list for those who love zombies:
The Remaining by D.J. Molles
FUBAR and associated books
World War Z by Max Brooks
Last edited by Monfrox on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:14 am

Obligatory tag of consideration because Skype messages.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Well, since you asked so nicely...
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:09 pm

I feel as if I already have too much on my plate.

But fuck it, I have enough time.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Greater Valkyria
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Valkyria » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Wolfgirl tag.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Kassaran reporting. Prepare for inbound application. Good to see the gang gettin' back together!
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Ehhh, why the hell not, Tag.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Kassaran wrote:Kassaran reporting. Prepare for inbound application. Good to see the gang gettin' back together!

"We're putting the band back together."
"Forget it. No way."
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:06 am

oh shiiiiit.
...!?!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:23 am

I vaguely remember seeing this waaaay back. Never got round to joining though, so I guess its time to change that this time.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:37 am

Wow. Despite constantly leaving the old RP I'm really excited to see it come back. I promise I'll be more consistent this time.
Signatures are so 2014.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:53 am

Out of town right now, but I'll appy once I'm back.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:02 am

"Mech Vs Zombies Vs Extremists."

Will slap my silly and call me Sithspawn, this is and actual first for me, holy shit.

Taggity, So I take it once the Mechs start coming in, out OCs, those implanted with the nanites, will become pilots?
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:26 am

Nationstates Name: Malshan
Character name: Dr. George "Geo" Liner
Character sex: Male
Character age: 42
Character role : Engineer
Character appearance:

Level of training: Doomsday Prepper hobbyist
Strengths: Survival skills, jury-rigging, and running.
Flaws: Dissociative Identity Disorder, hears voices, somewhat paranoid.
Personality: 1. Baseline: Very intelligent. Personality is the original. Calm, typically. Considers himself a rationalist. 2. Alternate 1: Mr. Nicholas "Neo" Sikes. Very talkative. Chain smoker. Nervous. 3. Mr. Leon "Leo" Lerean. Fearless. Athletic. EMT training.
Biography: Geo went through life living under the radar, off the grid, and off his rocker, so to speak. He did alright in school, never excelling but never falling behind either. A completely unremarkable student, though it seemed he had a particular flair for shop classes, churning out piece after piece of fine woodwork.

This was reflected by his behavior outside of the classroom. His family let him use the garage in their backyard for tinkering, and he could often be found holding lengthy conversations with himself while he fiddled with scrap metal and electronics. Sparks flew regularly, and odd gizmos turned up from time to time.

When the hordes began appearing, Geo, Leo, and Neo all collaborated and began creating caches and drops of weapons and food. They moved north, away from their family home, burying a few shipping crates in a relatively remote area of wilderness about five miles outside of what would become known as the base of Exodus Battalion. The trio poured funds and time into preparing their little bunker facility, accumulating stores of food, medical supplies, and ammunition, cutting themselves off from the rest of humanity, isolated though the species was already.

Exodus picked him up one day while he was out hunting for fresh game. Or rather, they spotted him, followed him back to his bunker, and ransacked the place. Geo, Leo, and Neo then followed them back to the base, insisting that he be allowed access to his things wherever his things ended up being.
RP Sample: ****
Theme song: Later.
Last edited by Malshan on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:28 am

Lunas Legion wrote:I vaguely remember seeing this waaaay back. Never got round to joining though, so I guess its time to change that this time.

Meanwhile, I think I might have made an app in one GAMA RP, though I can't remember much. Pretty sure I never did much more than post an app, unfortunately (could've been one of those times when I joined tons of RPs simultaneously without thinking of the consequences).
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:33 am

Parcia wrote:"Mech Vs Zombies Vs Extremists."

Will slap my silly and call me Sithspawn, this is and actual first for me, holy shit.

Taggity, So I take it once the Mechs start coming in, out OCs, those implanted with the nanites, will become pilots?

Honestly, I'm going to retcon a little canon because it doesn't make sense. In the first threads, we said that it was like Pacific Rim style unless you had the nanites in you to help mitigate neural overload. When really, it's kinda dumb now that I look back on it. Nanites would really only allow you to work better with your VALK than a normal person, giving you that slight edge in battle. Or would allow you to run more high-intensity mechs that require more focus and shit.

But, we don't have VALKs in Alaska.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Miraaki
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Miraaki » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 pm

I'll be here. Hopefully will make an app.
P2TMs Cuddly Trap
Formerly Mirakai. Fucked up and got DEATed

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Nationstates Name: Kassaran (AKA Kass, AKA Shitter)

Character name: Lieutenant Marshall Danielson 'Pops' Graeves

Character sex: Male/Man/Fleshbag of Testosterone and Muscle

Character age: 35

Character role : Lieutenant in charge of the Special Aviation Operations Communications team, he's one of the few figures amongst Exodus often being the one called upon to work on, if not repair or create, brand new radio and satellite communications transceivers and hubs.

Character appearance: 6 feet tall and running close to 200 pounds, he's a built man for one so aged in years. Benefits of modern medicine most suppose.

Level of training: Having joined the United States Army, back in 2060, he's obtained over 15 years of experience -primarily as an enlisted member of the Army's 25-series- but recently was given a commission as he was reattached to Exodus. He's likewise received basic training in most forms of radio communications repair courtesy of his own participation during the Fall of New York and Operation Torch and Operation Bastion in northern Manhattan. His experience in fighting the undead threat has been considered to be crucial to most field operations, but his newfound rank has limited the extent to which he has been utilized. Considered the leading expert however on current and legacy-era radio communications and satellite equipment, and having in his possession the entirety of the copies of Army manuals under FOUO Unclassified status and a few under Classified status for further usage in training new operators of such systems, he's also had to begin picking up the basics behind many more systems.

Strengths: He's a scholar and a gentleman at heart, and by gentleman, we just mean jovial and good-natured. There's hardly anything in his harsh verbiage or generally unkempt demeanor that would state otherwise. His taste and thirst for knowledge is only surpassed in his pursuit of seeing to the extermination of the undead threat. He's seen too many good men die, and as such, he's also learned much about the enemy that Humanity now faces in the undead scourge. Years of experience, knowledge, and training have given him among some of the best attributes suited to surviving a world where everything is trying to kill... or eat... you.

Flaws: He's a generally disorganized, ill-mannered, crude, and overall irresponsible person. While his own charms have a way of oft worming him out of trouble, eventually trouble always catches up to those who bid it enter and he's seen his fair share of injuries. A few issues in his joints and muscles have left him with a weak right knee. He's still listed as active and combat capable, but that's only through a mix of his own pulling of strings in the local military chains of command and his exploitation of the Army's need for seasoned and capable veterans of the conflict in its ranks. He's liable to use information against someone for his own good and his own laziness in some aspects could be seen as complacency where there should be soldierly discipline.

Personality: Your general, all-aspect, lovable shitbag officer with a tenacious attitude and disposition that brings most others to heel, he's a well-humoured man with a taste for crude jokes, fine wine, and women. Oh, and I guess his general inability to admit when he's wrong, unwillingness to waiver from his position, and overall desire to always be right. It's not that he's arrogant out of rank, he's just arrogant out of experience. He's good at his job, and he knows it.

Biography: Born March 12, 2042, the Lieutenant grew up in a well-manned Christian home in Minnesota. His family was large, with four siblings of which he was the oldest. After the plague went worldwide, he'd heard of the fate of three of the four, but figures all have died by now. His parents both live in exile in Canada among the refugee camps, being among those evacuated from the Northern United States of America during the final days of the resistance against the undead hordes.

Going to school and making generally below-average grades, the spotlight upon him was cast due to outstanding test scores. In spite of his best efforts, he was recognized as a modest intellectual and the eventual resulting pressure from his parents led into his joining the military in 2060. Joining up with communications, he quickly became noticed amongst his peers, streamlining his own performance and focusing his attention upon something that finally struck his fancy. Progressing through the ranks quickly, serving as an instructor for 25-series soldiers during 2072, he eventually was reassigned to Exodus Battalion where he acted as the lead communications specialist and has gone on a few low-risk missions up to the present in order to ensure communications are properly established.

RP Sample: Do I gotta? I'll give you that one, just for fun.

Theme song: No Values - Elia Cmiral
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:46 pm

I was thinking of making either a one eyed ex French foreign legion officer turned armaments sergeant. That or a Italian chef with a seedy past

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:35 am

Rygondria wrote:I was thinking of making either a one eyed ex French foreign legion officer turned armaments sergeant. That or a Italian chef with a seedy past

I'm curious as to how you'll justify that, but go for it.

Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Rygondria wrote:I was thinking of making either a one eyed ex French foreign legion officer turned armaments sergeant. That or a Italian chef with a seedy past

I'm curious as to how you'll justify that, but go for it.

I too look forward to seeing the justification of the French Foreign Legion Officer, but the Italian chef seems a little... cheesy. :}

I'll be leaving now.

bloody hell, mate.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 am

Still maybe somewhat of a WIP. And you know what they say about WIPs, don't ya'all?
WIP it good.
You know you should.
Nationstates Name: Occupied Deutschland, OD, Patton
Character name: “Xinyi Lu. Some call me 'Zen'. I dislike that.”
Character sex: “I am a girl.”
Character age: “I am Nineteen."
Character role : “‘Scavenger’ is the closest. I go out as extra protection and ‘assistance’ for the real civvies. I guess it frees up someone who’s a better shot to be on the kill teams. It annoys me. I dislike babysitting adults."

***Excerpt, testimony from lieutenant Dale Henderson***
"Zen kind of straddles the fence between military and civilian more than anybody else here, honestly. She's not military. That should be stated explicitly. But I--we encourage her to take on jobs that we otherwise might have to detail someone military out for. It saves us a job and...well...sometimes some of the civilians can be a bit touchy about having a uniform looking over their shoulder, you know? Xinyi gives some of the same benefits to having someone with a calm head who knows how not to get et around those folks without making them angry. At least, not immediately angry. She has a tendency to rub them the wrong way, somehow."

Character appearance: "Pale-brown skin. Black hair. Bob haircut--or sometimes a ponytail. One-twenty pounds. Five-foot six. No tattoos. No distinctive marks. Brown eyes."

***Excerpt, statement from lieutenant Dale Henderson***
"Well she's Asian, so that makes her relatively easy to identify around here. Slight thing. For a long time we all thought she was going to be about as tall as the barrel of a rifle. She hit a growth spurt since then, though. Now she's about as tall as the barrel of a rifle with it's bolt open. Heh.

Other than that? If you need to pick her out in a crowd--especially if something crazy is going on--just look for the calm gal. I ain't seen anything yet that sets her off. I remember when she was twelve or thirteen we were demonstrating grenades to her group--just in case, you know? But we told them the mock-up we were using was real, and Peters dropped it. Which rather ruined the illusion of seriousness we were going for afterwards, but at the time we had a bevy of freaked-out kids on our hands. Except her. She just hunkered down and crossed her hands over her head.

I'm pretty sure that's where the whole 'Zen' thing folks call her got started, though it might've been around before that, that made everyone her age pick it up. I don't think she appreciated it.

Level of training: “I am not yet as good as the special forces. My shooting scores are below their minimums. I intend on officially entering the military only when those scores are high enough to guarantee me a spot on a kill team.”

"Xinyi's a military brat that grew up on table-scraps and quietly listening-in on exaggerated stories told by the SOF guys, so she might have some issues in what she sees as the right response to things. But we've slowly worked most of that out of her. She's not the worst shot. In fact, for someone who has to train off the ammunition allotment she gets, she's pretty decent.

Besides shooting though? We had some issues teaching her any doctoring. The collective effort of everyone in a uniform has managed to drill the basics of first aid into her head, but she gets disgusted and less than helpful with anything beyond slapping bandages on. What she really needs is some improvement in her--nevermind.

Strengths: “I’m quiet on my feet. Off my feet as well, I suppose. But I don't sneak around on my stomach that often. Too slow."

"She's quiet. She can easily sneak up on me, that's for damn-sure, and two or three times I've even seen her surprise that CIA spook Mendez by showing up behind him when he wasn't paying attention."

Flaws: “I am too ‘hotheaded’. Not sure how that is a flaw, but it is what I'm told. The point of a kill team is to kill jiangshi, no? I don’t like waiting for that opportunity is all.”

"You know I mentioned she's quiet? Yeah. She doesn't seem to have thought of actually applying that. If she runs into infected out there, she's never tried to avoid or sneak around them. She's sent the civvies back towards safety and then she's popped the zombies. At least seven-eight times she's pulled that crap. Twice she ran through all her ammo and had to use a fricken' axe to finish off the last of the ones she was dealing with.

And that's why I've been pushing her as hard as I can to put off officially joining the military. I've been hoping she'd eventually ease-up a bit without needing someone to jump down her throat. That...May not be a hope that's going to come true. I just can't keep a close eye on every kid around here..."

Personality: “I am not sure what kind of answer you want. Perhaps ask Lieutenant Henderson?"

"How to characterize Zen? That's a good question. One I've been trying to answer for a few years now. I might be the closest thing she has to a father figure alongside the rest of the Army guys the orphans typically hang around. But I still don't think we've had anything resembling what you might call a real conversation. Very no-nonsense girl. Takes things serious when she’s out and about. Maybe a little too serious sometimes, but not everyone can be as cheery as me!

Attitude? No. Not that bad. More just a preference. I don’t think she’d lose her cool and go loud when she’d been told not to. She wouldn’t even complain. She’d just give you one of these stares she does that twists a knife in your gut and makes you wish she’d verbally complain so you wouldn't feel like such a scumbag. It makes you feel like you just ran over her puppy when you try to tell her not to kill a zombie.

The only thing that would cause problems is any work we do with the PLA folks that are left. I’m half-convinced she’d just as soon shoot one of them as an infected—actually, that might be wrong. She wouldn’t want to waste a precious bullet on them so she’d challenge them to fisticuffs or something and try to choke them to death. Real bad blood there, but that’s one we can’t do much about. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Hopefully.

Other than that? Well, haven't you heard the rhyme of advice about her? 'You don't tug on superman's cape, you don't piss into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' lone ranger, and you don't mess around with Zen'. One of the spec-ops guys came up with it when she beat him at pool a few years ago and it's just kinda' stuck.

Biography: “I was born in Taiwan. We had managed to practically eliminate the jiangshi. Then the gongfei got it into their minds to use our island as a refuge.

That went badly.

Evacuations were organized by lottery.

I 'won'.

The rest is the same as anyone else here, really.”

"Besides showing up a little later, Xinyi grew-up tailcoating soldiers just like the rest of the orphans in Exodus Battalion. We were the only ones who could spare scraps for them for a long while, and we were certainly the only ones that could show them enough to survive. What they needed were a bunch of Saints. Instead they got us miserable, overworked and constantly-dying bastards.

Not a healthy environment to grow up in, right? Zen was surrounded from the first day she was here by foul-mouthed idiots with too much machismo and not enough sense to flip the bird to military service and get into something more survivable. It's probably buggered every one of 'em up something good but...Hell, who hasn't been screwed-up by this whole mess, right?

Anyhow, if you've got any question about what happened before she was with us you're pretty much out of luck. You can ask her and get single-sentence statements of what happened in Taiwan if you like. Her version doesn't track very well with the 'official' version the PLA-Chinese claim, so chances are we'll never know who's really responsible for whatever kind of shitshow went on over there.

RP Sample: If I really gotta…
Theme song: Here we go
Last edited by Occupied Deutschland on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 pm

I'll work on an app, probably for a Civil Affairs officer - partly because I know a lot about that side of the Army, and partly because if civilization collapses and you need people with the widest possible range of skills, Civil Affairs is going to be very important to your survival.
Last edited by Reverend Norv on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:47 pm

are all the jobs that involve going outside the base SOF only? because I had an idea for a native (as in lived in Alaska her whole life) scout/ supply gather.
Last edited by United Kingdom of Poland on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse