NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen [RWBY RP|OOC 3|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best new character so far? (Volume 5)

Leonardo Lionheart
0
No votes
Sienna Khan
4
33%
The pilot
3
25%
Weiss' summoned knight
3
25%
Vernal (could she be...)
0
No votes
No. Spoilers. Storm.
1
8%
"Actually these four episodes have been out for a we-" SHUSH, NO SPOILERS.
1
8%
 
Total votes : 12

User avatar
Altito Asmoro
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33371
Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Apror wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Privileged little shits. Makes me wanna revolution. :P

See? Commrade, let the proletariat rise! Also, we're going to work on my app tomorrow.


Clearly, the needs of fixing is in order.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

User avatar
Apror
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10914
Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Apror wrote:See? Commrade, let the proletariat rise! Also, we're going to work on my app tomorrow.


Clearly, the needs of fixing is in order.

Yes......the great cleansing is needed.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

User avatar
Durmatagno
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7126
Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Given the universal assent, then, I will put a team application up tomorrow so that Ozpin can form Team CLAL at the start of the semester!


Technically we'll have been a team since we joined, the first big event is getting your team, it's just that now (in the shows terms) this is when we get confirmed as a team to the viewers.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

User avatar
Ormata
Senator
 
Posts: 4529
Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ormata » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Image

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Sienna Fekete
Age: 17
Sex: Female
Race: [x] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits: N/A
Biography:
    Sienna was born in the kingdom of Vacuo, in the desert areas of Sanus, to a pair of rather curious parents. Her father, a former blacksmith from the Vale region, ran his own shop in the city, working alongside the more disreputable portions of the populace to build their weapons. He survived by virtue of keeping the best and brightest weaponry to himself and using it against any who dared threaten his home. After the move, it only took a single demonstration of his ability to make such weapons for the criminal element to back off. Her mother was a former soldier of the Atlas variety, having come to the kingdom to escape one charge of murder there. She survived by virtue of knowing precisely how to do such things. Sienna was born with her mother’s tenacity and her father’s ability to make the most interesting things.

    When at home, she would watch him work, even from a young age, and once Sienna got older she worked alongside him. Judging the Vacuo school system to be inadequate, which it was, at the age of ten the couple pulled their daughter from it to home-school her. Which working the forge, her father would quiz her on mathematics. While her mother practiced kendo, she would tutor Sienna on, well, physical education. As a result, she became quite learned and quite adept at running.

    Such a thing didn’t last, though. Sienna would help running errands for her father, and her father ran with the less joyful crowd in Vacuo. He survived by virtue of being strong enough to stay independent. She was not under the umbrella of his protection. While on a run, the young girl was found and intercepted by a gang. While she was fit, they were both that and outnumbered her, and Sienna was beaten. They dragged her into a warehouse and left the girl there. Luck wasn’t on her side; for one reason or another it caught fire. Sienna would be found with third-degree burns on both arms, along with intensive infections. She would go to the ICU and both arms would be amputated. Sienna would stay there for half a year, in recovery.

    Her father was unhappy, to state the least. Half the slums were burnt-down in his rage and the gangs were cut to a third of their former size. Sienna’s mother stayed at her side as the gang wars were cut-short by her husband. The hospital was flooded with injured gang members who brought their own hatreds with them, and before too long a wave of stabbings came there, too. Nothing was safe, for those months.

    A bombing at that hospital, in the ICU even, brought the gang wars up there, and Sienna was forced to go and live in Vale for security reasons. Years have passed since then, her parents having gone into hiding in Mistral, and Sienna has gone into Hunting, to learn to protect herself.

Personality:
Image

    Sienna’s deliberately distant from most other students, attempting to not be close to anyone out of concern for both her own safety and for others. A natural combatant, contrasting her quiet nature outside of such scenarios, Sienna is more than headstrong, at times even able to be considered to be outright aggressive in her actions in combat. Despite her nature, Sienna views loyalty as being quite important in life, and to that degree finds that, while casual relationships aren’t conducive at all, strong, solid relations are.
Appearance:
    Sienna stands at 6’1”, being rather tall for her age. With a rather slim body, her skin is paler than most, despite hailing from Vacuo. Her hair, often tied in a ponytail, is a dark brown, as are Sienna’s eyes. Her most notable physical trait, however, is the fact that her arms are replaced by two prosthetic arms. The prosthetics extend, however, from her arm to the shoulder blade, along with extending partially down the torso. They can only be partially removed.

    In terms of clothing, Sienna prefers to wear more simple clothing, such as dresses, though they are particularly annoying when there’s any sort of wind, as Vale often has. To this degree, jeans are also worn at times. She dislikes jewelry, a byproduct of her Vacuan lifestyle before moving, though Sienna does wear a stainless steel necklace with a little dagger pendant, sheathed.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Iris
Appearance:
    A meteor hammer, Iris consists of two weights held-together by a chain the length of 2 meters. Each weight is about the size of a human head with one having perforations in a 360 degree manner. A circular slot is aside the chain connection, for a Dust capsule slot.
Capabilities:
    With each weight weighing 20 pounds, simple impacts by the weapon can be considered deadly enough. With the strength of two robot arms, the meteor hammer can be swing at 100 mph, along with being capable of being thrown at enemies. However, impact sensors inside one weight trigger a Dust capsule, which then explodes in a spherical pattern. The type of effect is determined by the type of Dust inserted and only one explosion may be generated by one capsule, making it a one-use weapon unless reloaded..
Semblance:
    Sienna is capable of, as a fight goes on, increasing her strength exponentially. This is triggered by adrenaline levels, having a maximum of increasing her strength by five times, though this is rarely reached. The downside to this, however, is that as her strength increases, she becomes increasingly tired. Sienna can, simply put, only stay at the maximum for a few minutes.
OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: Fairly Frequent. Currently going to school.
RP Example (link or one shot): Do I need One?
Did you read the rules? Jawohl

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.
Last edited by Ormata on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar
Lanternton
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 178
Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanternton » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:42 am

'Sup.
Formerly known as Shyluz, so add ~7000 posts.
Shylant Green, the best cracker for the starving RPer!
*Ingredients cannot be disclosed at this time.

User avatar
Icrum
Senator
 
Posts: 4684
Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Icrum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 am

Ormata wrote:

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Sienna Fekete
Age: 17
Sex: Female
Race: [x] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits: N/A
Biography:
    Sienna was born in the kingdom of Vacuo, in the desert areas of Sanus, to a pair of rather curious parents. Her father, a former blacksmith from the Vale region, ran his own shop in the city, working alongside the more disreputable portions of the populace to build their weapons. He survived by virtue of keeping the best and brightest weaponry to himself and using it against any who dared threaten his home. After the move, it only took a single demonstration of his ability to make such weapons for the criminal element to back off. Her mother was a former soldier of the Atlas variety, having come to the kingdom to escape one charge of murder there. She survived by virtue of knowing precisely how to do such things. Sienna was born with her mother’s tenacity and her father’s ability to make the most interesting things.

    When at home, she would watch him work, even from a young age, and once Sienna got older she worked alongside him. Judging the Vacuo school system to be inadequate, which it was, at the age of ten the couple pulled their daughter from it to home-school her. Which working the forge, her father would quiz her on mathematics. While her mother practiced kendo, she would tutor Sienna on, well, physical education. As a result, she became quite learned and quite adept at running.

    Such a thing didn’t last, though. Sienna would help running errands for her father, and her father ran with the less joyful crowd in Vacuo. He survived by virtue of being strong enough to stay independent. She was not under the umbrella of his protection. While on a run, the young girl was found and intercepted by a gang. While she was fit, they were both that and outnumbered her, and Sienna was beaten. They dragged her into a warehouse and left the girl there. Luck wasn’t on her side; for one reason or another it caught fire. Sienna would be found with third-degree burns on both arms, along with intensive infections. She would go to the ICU and both arms would be amputated. Sienna would stay there for half a year, in recovery.

    Her father was unhappy, to state the least. Half the slums were burnt-down in his rage and the gangs were cut to a third of their former size. Sienna’s mother stayed at her side as the gang wars were cut-short by her husband. The hospital was flooded with injured gang members who brought their own hatreds with them, and before too long a wave of stabbings came there, too. Nothing was safe, for those months.

    A bombing at that hospital, in the ICU even, brought the gang wars up there, and Sienna was forced to go and live in Vale for security reasons. Years have passed since then, her parents having gone into hiding in Mistral, and Sienna has gone into Hunting, to learn to protect herself.

Personality:
    Sienna’s deliberately distant from most other students, attempting to not be close to anyone out of concern for both her own safety and for others. A natural combatant, contrasting her quiet nature outside of such scenarios, Sienna is more than headstrong, at times even able to be considered to be outright aggressive in her actions in combat. Despite her nature, Sienna views loyalty as being quite important in life, and to that degree finds that, while casual relationships aren’t conducive at all, strong, solid relations are.
Appearance:
    Sienna stands at 6’1”, being rather tall for her age. With a rather slim body, her skin is paler than most, despite hailing from Vacuo. Her hair, often tied in a ponytail, is a dark brown, as are Sienna’s eyes. Her most notable physical trait, however, is the fact that her arms are replaced by two prosthetic arms. The prosthetics extend, however, from her arm to the shoulder blade, along with extending partially down the torso. They can only be partially removed.

    In terms of clothing, Sienna prefers to wear more simple clothing, such as dresses, though they are particularly annoying when there’s any sort of wind, as Vale often has. To this degree, jeans are also worn at times. She dislikes jewelry, a byproduct of her Vacuan lifestyle before moving, though Sienna does wear a stainless steel necklace with a little dagger pendant, sheathed.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Iris
Appearance:
    A meteor hammer, Iris consists of two weights held-together by a chain the length of a meter. Each weight is about the size of a human head with one having perforations in a 360 degree manner. A circular slot is aside the chain connection, for a Dust capsule slot.
Capabilities:
    With each weight weighing like a small child, simple impacts by the weapon can be considered deadly enough. With the strength of two robot arms, they can be used much like a whip with the same speed, along with being capable of being thrown at enemies. However, impact sensors inside one weight trigger a Dust capsule, which then explodes in a spherical pattern. The type of effect is determined by the type of Dust inserted.
Semblance:
    Sienna is capable of, as a fight goes on, increasing her strength exponentially. This is triggered by adrenaline levels, having a maximum of increasing her strength by five times, though this is rarely reached. The downside to this, however, is that as her strength increases, she becomes increasingly tired. Sienna can, simply put, only stay at the maximum for a few minutes.
OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: Fairly Frequent. Currently going to school.
RP Example (link or one shot): Do I need One?
Did you read the rules? Jawohl

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

Accepted.
Lanternton wrote:'Sup.

Hey ghost.
Some kind of dessert involving ice cream, hard liquor, and a blow torch
Main wrote:A petition to redesign the flag incites violent riots that eventually destroy the entire nation.

-Ebola- wrote:I don't want to kill you all. I want primates, humans included, to stay around so my descendants will have the same variety of hosts to choose from as I do.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not being able to buy an AR most certainly is a travesty.

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Durmatagno wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Given the universal assent, then, I will put a team application up tomorrow so that Ozpin can form Team CLAL at the start of the semester!


Technically we'll have been a team since we joined, the first big event is getting your team, it's just that now (in the shows terms) this is when we get confirmed as a team to the viewers.

To do that we would have to retcon everything that Clover and Layla did previously and the entire conversation that we just had, considering that Lucius Aurelius introduced himself as a stranger to Layla and merely an acquaintance of Adan.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:Then two rich/noble boys, a rich/noble girl, and a Maid-turned-Hunter in training shall group together, and they are led by the Maid/Hunter-to-be

Privileged little shits. Makes me wanna revolution. :P

Hey, hold on - Lucius Aurelius is at most a low-ranking eques!
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Lunas Legion
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30307
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:
Technically we'll have been a team since we joined, the first big event is getting your team, it's just that now (in the shows terms) this is when we get confirmed as a team to the viewers.

To do that we would have to retcon everything that Clover and Layla did previously and the entire conversation that we just had, considering that Lucius Aurelius introduced himself as a stranger to Layla and merely an acquaintance of Adan.


Layla hasn't done that much (since the rest of my team vanished along with that entire plotline) and that can be adjusted really.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

User avatar
Durmatagno
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7126
Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:
Technically we'll have been a team since we joined, the first big event is getting your team, it's just that now (in the shows terms) this is when we get confirmed as a team to the viewers.

To do that we would have to retcon everything that Clover and Layla did previously and the entire conversation that we just had, considering that Lucius Aurelius introduced himself as a stranger to Layla and merely an acquaintance of Adan.


It's the way it works, all teams are formed year one, first semester, and are supposed to be the team for the full education. Only way to change teams is losing a member (Dropped out, killed, ETC)
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Durmatagno wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:To do that we would have to retcon everything that Clover and Layla did previously and the entire conversation that we just had, considering that Lucius Aurelius introduced himself as a stranger to Layla and merely an acquaintance of Adan.


It's the way it works, all teams are formed year one, first semester, and are supposed to be the team for the full education. Only way to change teams is losing a member (Dropped out, killed, ETC)

That is all that we have seen in the show, yes, but it does not mean that teams might be reformed by necessity later on. We have seen nothing to confirm or deny it.

Also, Sonitusia, I'm afraid to say that this isn't an Egyptian 'kopesh' [sic](generally spelled 'khopesh'); it is, in fact, a Greek kopis. Easy mistake to make, considering the fact that the latter's name may have been derived from the former.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Durmatagno
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7126
Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:
It's the way it works, all teams are formed year one, first semester, and are supposed to be the team for the full education. Only way to change teams is losing a member (Dropped out, killed, ETC)

That is all that we have seen in the show, yes, but it does not mean that teams might be reformed by necessity later on. We have seen nothing to confirm or deny it.

Also, Sonitusia, I'm afraid to say that this isn't an Egyptian 'kopesh' [sic](generally spelled 'khopesh'); it is, in fact, a Greek kopis. Easy mistake to make, considering the fact that the latter's name may have been derived from the former.


"The day after arriving at Beacon Academy, first-year students (such as Ruby Rose, Jaune Arc, etc.) are gathered at the edge of Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest where Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch stand before them and explain the procedure of the Beacon Academy Initiation that they will soon undergo. After being launched from the Cliff and landing in the forest below, the first pair of students to make eye contact with each other are partners for the rest of their time at Beacon, which consists of four years.

Team JNPR formed at Beacon
To complete the team of four, as seen in "Players and Pieces", the two pairs of students who pick matching relics found at the abandoned temple are combined to form a team, and Ozpin chooses the leader based on who displays the best leadership skills during the initiation.

As of "The Badge and The Burden", the team members of each respective team share a dorm. Even Team JNPR, a co-ed team, share a single dorm."
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Durmatagno wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:That is all that we have seen in the show, yes, but it does not mean that teams might be reformed by necessity later on. We have seen nothing to confirm or deny it.

Also, Sonitusia, I'm afraid to say that this isn't an Egyptian 'kopesh' [sic](generally spelled 'khopesh'); it is, in fact, a Greek kopis. Easy mistake to make, considering the fact that the latter's name may have been derived from the former.


"The day after arriving at Beacon Academy, first-year students (such as Ruby Rose, Jaune Arc, etc.) are gathered at the edge of Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest where Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch stand before them and explain the procedure of the Beacon Academy Initiation that they will soon undergo. After being launched from the Cliff and landing in the forest below, the first pair of students to make eye contact with each other are partners for the rest of their time at Beacon, which consists of four years.

Team JNPR formed at Beacon
To complete the team of four, as seen in "Players and Pieces", the two pairs of students who pick matching relics found at the abandoned temple are combined to form a team, and Ozpin chooses the leader based on who displays the best leadership skills during the initiation.

As of "The Badge and The Burden", the team members of each respective team share a dorm. Even Team JNPR, a co-ed team, share a single dorm."

Again, there must surely be some kind of protocol for unanticipated dropouts which would necessitate reformation of teams... Anyway, what happens when the number of students in a year group is not a multiple of four?
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Durmatagno
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7126
Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:
"The day after arriving at Beacon Academy, first-year students (such as Ruby Rose, Jaune Arc, etc.) are gathered at the edge of Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest where Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch stand before them and explain the procedure of the Beacon Academy Initiation that they will soon undergo. After being launched from the Cliff and landing in the forest below, the first pair of students to make eye contact with each other are partners for the rest of their time at Beacon, which consists of four years.

Team JNPR formed at Beacon
To complete the team of four, as seen in "Players and Pieces", the two pairs of students who pick matching relics found at the abandoned temple are combined to form a team, and Ozpin chooses the leader based on who displays the best leadership skills during the initiation.

As of "The Badge and The Burden", the team members of each respective team share a dorm. Even Team JNPR, a co-ed team, share a single dorm."

Again, there must surely be some kind of protocol for unanticipated dropouts which would necessitate reformation of teams... Anyway, what happens when the number of students in a year group is not a multiple of four?


My guess is they only accept multiples of four, and I previously said that UNLESS there was a dropout/killing/ETC the teams are formed first semester, and the teams you have for all four years. There's been no known exceptions, and I highly doubt 12 people all dropped out/left all around the same time, allowing for four TOTAL straners to form a team. A retcon is more fitting for the canon then what you're proposing.
Last edited by Durmatagno on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 pm

---
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Lunas Legion
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30307
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 pm

As i said earlier, you can just alter the context and a few small parts of the conversation, keep the main gist and it'd still work out.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:As i said earlier, you can just alter the context and a few small parts of the conversation, keep the main gist and it'd still work out.

You have a point. Editing - now!

Okay, editing is done. Looking through, I suggest that we remove any quotations from our posts (as I have done), perform the necessary editing to make the thing flow in accordance with the narrative that three of the members of the conversation are in a team and then, once we are agreed that they align, put the quotations of the edited posts back in.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Apror
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10914
Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Apror wrote:

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name:Coal Marks
Age:17
Sex:Male
Race: [x ] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits (Omit if human):
Biography:: Coal was born in Atlas. His life was relatively interesting, and much expected of him. His parents immigrated from Vale, who came from a long line of Knight like warriors. His Grandfather a renowned fighter in the Great War, know for saving his Platoon by leading them to victory using a variety of tricks, treacherous tactics, and sheer brilliance to kill, injure, route, or capture an entire Minstrel Battalion. A big part was making it seem there was more Soldiers defending than they realized. Ever since then, his family was famous. Though the people before his Grand Father did great multitudes of things, this was the most seen and heard.

Training from the age of 12, he was determined to life up to the expectations given to him. Training from dawn to dust. He was also rather open, and when it came to making friends, he had a fairly good time of doing it. Human, or Fanus. He'd go to the poor districts and play with the Fanus children, though it wasn't exactly approved of by a great many people close to his parents. They tried to convince the child to stop playing with the ‘trash’ and the ‘rodents’ but instead, his parents simply cut those people off.

In his youth, he had one particular relationship with his only sibling. His sister named Autumn. She was of a cold nature, which might think one to believe they had a off relationship, but it wasn't the case. His older sister of two years had always a close relationship, and a protective one of her little Brother. Not that he needed it, but people were weary of being aggressive to the younger out of fear of the older ones wrath. Two years earlier, she left for Vale's academy. They kept contact throughout the time there, but one day, she stopped responding to her brother's messages. Not just his, but the Family in general. The School contacted, they demanded here whereabouts. She had disappeared. Where, why, or even exactly when were unknown.

The Family, especially Coal was devastated. What had happened to their older child, the Autum so close to Coal? Her friends attempted to help, and found out she went out into the wilderness of Vale. No one knew why. Going after his Daughter, Coal's father tried tracking down his daughter, but it took him to the most dangerous areas of Remanent. The fights grew tougher, longer, deadlier. The beasts bigger and more numerous. Soon, he stopped reporting back, and when ships were sent to find him, they only brought back part of a corpse.

A father killed, and a sister missing. This drove Coal into training, trying to find a way to keep his mind off the losses. Unfortunately, it drove his mother to drinking, and she went on a down hill spiral.

He had gained through the years of training an acrobatic style, but also hard hitting. He was very limber, and made sure through his time in Atlas to remember never to grow lax on that aspect of his training. He spent years at other fighting schools, and his own personal traing.

After years of training, he went to Vale to become a Hunter. Why? Well, mostly to live up to his expectations. Or, that's what most people thought. He felt his sister wasn't dead. He knew it in his gut she was still alive. He was going to rise above his family's past actions and accomplishments and find his sister.

Personality: He is very outgoing, kind, and cracks many jokes. He though had a dark side, willing to kill if it suits the greater good, or if he is genuinely enraged, which is hard to do. Also unduly obsessive when it comes to certain things like his wanting to find his Sister. He finds it hard to be honest with himself at times, and seeing what his emotions were, when it was so easy to see others. He could be loudest and most obnoxious in a room, but at other times be silent with readings of death vibrating off him. He is organized in sometimes, but absolutely cluttered in others. A booming voice when needed to be, and fairly deep. His voice sounded more his age when with friends, but when going about daily life, it was deep, giving many people the impression he was older than he actually was.
Appearance:His appearance is Black skin, with light blue eyes. He is slim, but muscular. He facial features are a maturing, handsome look. However still retains some of his youthfulness. His hair resembles John’s a little, however his hair is dark brown. Normally just wears a pair of dark jeans and a black t-shirt. He said he did not like cloths that he regarded as too attention seeking. He needed to shave twice a week, or would begin to noticeably start growing hair. He has no idea what a beard or mustache would look like on him considering he sister and mother we're hell bent on him to keep shaving, and continued so out of habit.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: His weapons are a Crusader resembling shield and sword, however the sword doubles as a Shotgun. The Sword's name is Red Redeemer. The Red representing the blood shed by his Ancestors, adversary and their own. Forged using Ancient techniques only known to his family, the Metal is very strong, and the source would have to be extremely powerful to even dent the blade. It is powerful in itself, but the Shotgun continues to fire Red Dust, symbolized as a fire shotgun, burning at the armored foes, and utterly disintegrating the non-armored foe. It is decorated with a family decoration, showing his family story ending with him. However, to everyone outside the family, it is just a beautiful design. It's an ancient type of writing in reality.
Appearance:Looks like a Crusader knight, but the armor though very protective, is light allowing him to move at good pace, however speed isn't his strength. Also the there is no helmet. Red outlines on his armor, with armor covering light metal, but very strong. Its metal also a secret to the Marks family. His family seal, a crimson cross, decorated the armor. On the hilt of the sword, it says in scribbling 'Deus Vult.' God wills it.
Capabilities:He is a brawler like fighter striking hard and taking damage with the ability to switch shotgun with sword at a moments notice. He can run quickly on walls, and uses his shield to bash. He's very analyzing, making the ability to analyze things at a moment’s notice and come up with ways to react. No stranger to fighting Grim, he tends to get sadistic when playing with Grim. Studying the human body, he also knows where best to hit his opponent, but unfortunately, most those techniques he had devised, most after his father's death, were excruciatingly painful, many lethal, and would only ethically be used in rare situations. He may not care about the ethics part however.

Semblance: His Semblance is: Not available at this Moment.

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity:I RPd in Aftermath and 1810 expansion.
RP Example (link or one shot):viewtopic.php?f=31&t=401550
Did you read the rules? I did read the rule. That seems kind of important.

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

I made some edits, but still needs work.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Here it is!

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Image

TEAM INFORMATION
Team Name: Team CLAL ('Celestial')
Team Members (with short description):
  • Clover Nocciola (Team Leader) - A kind-hearted, determined husky Faunus and former combat maid from Mistral.
  • Layla Ajanus - A conceited, immensely stubborn disowned daughter of a Mistralian family of architects.
  • Albastru Nostradamus - A conservative, scarred Atlesian orphan, former petty thief and sponsee of the Schnee Dust Company.
  • Lucius Aurelius Firmus - An unrelenting, principled Mistralian son of an assassinated caeli mercatori (trader of the sky).
Team Loadout:
  • 'Jacks of Spades' (Clover's weapons) - A pair of black tonfas that join to form a battle rifle.
  • 'Scorpion's Claws' (Layla's weapons) - A pair of heavy gauntlets, each holding two chain-tethered blades that can be launched like harpoons from internal Semblance-powered coilguns.
  • 'Overseer' (Albastru's weapon) - A battle rifle, capable of extension into a sniper rifle or division to form two shortswords.
  • 'Ultor' (Lucius Aurelius' weapon) - A hilted pole that can either be inserted into a hollow blade to form a gladium hispaniensem or detach its chain-held top while connected to one of five spiked balls, which can then in turn be launched as a Dust grenade.
Team Semblances:
  • Banshee (Clover's semblance) - Can distort the sound around opponents to disorientate them.
  • Static (Layla's semblance) - Can channel static electricity which builds up naturally in her body while engaged in physical activity into objects with which she is in contact.
  • Telekinesis (Adan's semblance) - Can apply force to objects without physical interaction.
  • Opacity (Lucius Aurelius' semblance) - Can render objects more or less able to interact with visible light.
Team History: Since I don't have anything, here's a random piece of trivia that I just made up: Team CLAL was formed from the pairs who retrieved the black king pieces during their initiation.
Year Level: 1

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: Pretty good; three times a week is the lowest value given.
RP Example (link or one shot): Please see character applications.
Did you read the rules? We did indeed!

#RWBY RP TeamApplication
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Icrum
Senator
 
Posts: 4684
Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Icrum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:

TEAM INFORMATION
Team Name: Team CLAL ('Celestial')
Team Members (with short description):
  • Clover Nocciola (Team Leader) - A kind-hearted, determined husky Faunus and former combat maid from Mistral.
  • Layla Ajanus - A conceited, immensely stubborn disowned daughter of a Mistralian family of architects.
  • Adan Lazuli - A stoic, insular son of weaponsmiths; the only member of the team without Mistralian roots.
  • Lucius Aurelius Firmus - An unrelenting, principled Mistralian son of an assassinated caeli mercatori (trader of the sky).
Team Loadout:
  • 'Jacks of Spades' (Clover's weapons) - A pair of black tonfas that join to form a battle rifle.
  • 'Scorpion's Claws' (Layla's weapons) - A pair of heavy gauntlets, each holding two chain-tethered blades that can be launched like harpoons from internal Semblance-powered coilguns.
  • 'Winter's Bite' (Adan's weapon) - A grey-blue blade with a pistol built into the hilt that can extend into a glaive with a carbine built into the shaft.
  • 'Ultor' (Lucius Aurelius' weapon) - A hilted pole that can either be inserted into a hollow blade to form a gladium hispaniensem or detach its chain-held top while connected to a flail-head, which can in turn be launched as a Dust grenade.
Team Semblances:
  • Banshee (Clover's semblance) - Can distort the sound around opponent to disorientate them.
  • Static (Layla's semblance) - Can channel static electricity which builds up naturally in her body while engaged in physical activity into objects with which she is in contact.
  • Crystallization (Adan's semblance) - Can form and manipulate rock, gem and, with difficulty, ice crystals.
  • Opacity (Lucius Aurelius' semblance) - Can render objects more or less able to interact with visible light.
[/list][/color]
Team History: Since I don't have anything, here's a random piece of trivia that I just made up: Team CLAL was formed from the pairs who retrieved the black king pieces during their initiation.
[color=#666666]Year Level: 1

OOC INFORMATION
[color=#666666]RP Activity:
Pretty good; three times a week is the lowest value given.
RP Example (link or one shot): Please see character applications.
Did you read the rules? We have indeed!

#RWBY RP TeamApplication
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

Accepted, though everytime I see CLAL I think of Claw, not Celestial.
Some kind of dessert involving ice cream, hard liquor, and a blow torch
Main wrote:A petition to redesign the flag incites violent riots that eventually destroy the entire nation.

-Ebola- wrote:I don't want to kill you all. I want primates, humans included, to stay around so my descendants will have the same variety of hosts to choose from as I do.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not being able to buy an AR most certainly is a travesty.

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1755
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Icrum wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:

TEAM INFORMATION
Team Name: Team CLAL ('Celestial')
Team Members (with short description):
  • Clover Nocciola (Team Leader) - A kind-hearted, determined husky Faunus and former combat maid from Mistral.
  • Layla Ajanus - A conceited, immensely stubborn disowned daughter of a Mistralian family of architects.
  • Adan Lazuli - A stoic, insular son of weaponsmiths; the only member of the team without Mistralian roots.
  • Lucius Aurelius Firmus - An unrelenting, principled Mistralian son of an assassinated caeli mercatori (trader of the sky).
Team Loadout:
  • 'Jacks of Spades' (Clover's weapons) - A pair of black tonfas that join to form a battle rifle.
  • 'Scorpion's Claws' (Layla's weapons) - A pair of heavy gauntlets, each holding two chain-tethered blades that can be launched like harpoons from internal Semblance-powered coilguns.
  • 'Winter's Bite' (Adan's weapon) - A grey-blue blade with a pistol built into the hilt that can extend into a glaive with a carbine built into the shaft.
  • 'Ultor' (Lucius Aurelius' weapon) - A hilted pole that can either be inserted into a hollow blade to form a gladium hispaniensem or detach its chain-held top while connected to a flail-head, which can in turn be launched as a Dust grenade.
Team Semblances:
  • Banshee (Clover's semblance) - Can distort the sound around opponent to disorientate them.
  • Static (Layla's semblance) - Can channel static electricity which builds up naturally in her body while engaged in physical activity into objects with which she is in contact.
  • Crystallization (Adan's semblance) - Can form and manipulate rock, gem and, with difficulty, ice crystals.
  • Opacity (Lucius Aurelius' semblance) - Can render objects more or less able to interact with visible light.
[/list][/color]
Team History: Since I don't have anything, here's a random piece of trivia that I just made up: Team CLAL was formed from the pairs who retrieved the black king pieces during their initiation.
[color=#666666]Year Level: 1

OOC INFORMATION
[color=#666666]RP Activity:
Pretty good; three times a week is the lowest value given.
RP Example (link or one shot): Please see character applications.
Did you read the rules? We have indeed!

#RWBY RP TeamApplication
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

Accepted, though everytime I see CLAL I think of Claw, not Celestial.

Thank you!

Well, now that our characters are officially a team, I suggest that we apply for Leika's escort mission, given that it is the only one of the fieldwork opportunities remaining.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Stormwrath
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6898
Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:-snip-

Noted. Will add it to the Teams list in a minute.

User avatar
Sonitusia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6723
Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:
It's the way it works, all teams are formed year one, first semester, and are supposed to be the team for the full education. Only way to change teams is losing a member (Dropped out, killed, ETC)

That is all that we have seen in the show, yes, but it does not mean that teams might be reformed by necessity later on. We have seen nothing to confirm or deny it.

Also, Sonitusia, I'm afraid to say that this isn't an Egyptian 'kopesh' [sic](generally spelled 'khopesh'); it is, in fact, a Greek kopis. Easy mistake to make, considering the fact that the latter's name may have been derived from the former.

Actually it is a khopesh, that considering a khopesh has a hooked area to it.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

User avatar
Ormata
Senator
 
Posts: 4529
Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ormata » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Sonitusia wrote:Actually it is a khopesh, that considering a khopesh has a hooked area to it.


General sword shape says it's a kopis and the hook makes absolutely no sense. What's that used for, anyhow?
Last edited by Ormata on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sonitusia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6723
Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Ormata wrote:
Sonitusia wrote:Actually it is a khopesh, that considering a khopesh has a hooked area to it.


General sword shape says it's a kopis and the hook makes absolutely no sense. What's that used for, anyhow?

Look, don't ask me about how it's designed or not, but the khopesh itself focused around hooking the opponent's blade out of their hands (this required long amounts of studious training, hence only the Egyptian royal guard typically used this weapon)

Image

The one who made the concept art may have taken inspiration from a kopis as well, but in its basic form this weapon is a khopesh (and they even titled it as such), that being:
A typical khopesh is 50–60 cm (20–24 inches) in length, though smaller examples do also exist. The blunted edge of the weapon's tip also served as an effective bludgeon, as well as a hook...

The blade is only sharpened on the outside portion of the curved end.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cybernetic Socialist Republics, Dentali, Free Ward Marchers, Gordano and Lysandus, Joohan, Sanabel

Advertisement

Remove ads