NATION

PASSWORD

Council of the International Freedom Coalition (IFC ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:48 am

"If we could get word from either the Speaker or Deputy Speaker on the status of Resolution 36 that would be great appreciated..."

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Myra mumbled something under his breath: "...we shouldn't have let the Chkalovskians in to the IFC in the first place..." He locked in his votes.

The nation of Guadalupador Votes AYE on the Resolution 36.

The nation of Guadalupador Votes AYE on the Resolution 37a.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:"If we could get word from either the Speaker or Deputy Speaker on the status of Resolution 36 that would be great appreciated..."

"This is an unofficial count until the speaker gets back, he currently stepped out for a bit. At first, it would have been 8 to 3 but with the New Roman Delegation changing their vote, the following is the current vote on Resolution 36."

Resolution Number: 36
Name of Resolution: Condemnation of Colonialism Act
Link: viewtopic.php?p=30907319#p30907319
AYE: 9
NAY: 2
ABSTAIN: 0
Constantly Updated
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Resolution Number: 36
Name of Resolution: Condemnation of Colonialism Act
Link: viewtopic.php?p=30907319#p30907319
AYE: 9
NAY: 2
ABSTAIN: 0
Constantly Updated

"This is the official count on Resolution 36. As of 2200 on February 16, 2017, this vote is closed. Resolution 36 is passed with a vote of 9-2." Called Nakashima in his capacity as Deputy Speaker.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 pm

"It has come by word that the Roskian Department of Defence has authorized the purchase of several ships of the former RRF Navy. The order is as follows:

1 Gallant class aircraft carrier
2 Heroic class amphibious assault ships

The Government has authorized the purchases pending approval from the selling state."
RIP ROSKI, UNJUSTLY DELETED on 12 JULY 2016 +15,601 posts

RSS Madenska set to fully activate on October 15th
Yugoslovenski and Maldania reaffirm the Central States Alliance

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Myra spoke up as well: "The Ministry of Defense of the Federal Union of Guadalupador also shows interest, and intent on purchasing ships from the defunct RRF Naval Detachment. The Minster of Defense has kindly sent me a memo detailing the order right here... One Falchion-class Corvette, One Galliant-class Carrier, and One Heroic-class Amphibian Assault Carrier. As with the Roskian Department of Defense, our government has also authorized the order."
Last edited by Guadalupador on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Laeuwen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Laeuwen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:46 pm

"After much debate, on behalf of the Commonwealth of Laeutchia, I vote Nay on Resolution 37a however I voice the Commonwealth's absolute support for the implementation of the Kojiro Plan, which we see as a more solid option in regards to ending this crisis within the Grand Duchy of Chkalovsk and we believe it has the capability to achieve more than Resolution 37a, which appears to be some sort of one-sided condemnation rather than a practical solution to the problem at hand."

After sitting down, she slid a small note to the Chkalovskian ambassador to the IFC.

Always got your back, buddy!

She smiled slightly before composing herself.
FEDERATION OF LAERENIA

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 pm

"The Inyurstan delegation votes AYE to Resolution 37A."

"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Chkalovsk II
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chkalovsk II » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 pm

The ambassador smiled back before speaking.

"The Chkalovskian delegation requests that voting on Resolution 37A is suspended until the full implementation of the widely-accepted and supported Kojiro Plan can be achieved or talks begin regarding the implementation of what is laid out by the Kojiro Plan, and we agree with our Laeutchian comrades that Resolution 37A is a one-sided anti-Chkalovsk resolution that is not thorough or thought out for that matter, with the only intention being to score a cheap political shot, and does not help solve the ongoing situation within Chkalovsk which should be the first priority of the IFC to aid its member states in their times of need."

There was a brief pause.

"If this can not be facilitated then the delegation votes Nay on Resolution 37A."
Last edited by Chkalovsk II on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Call me Chally
I'm a female, 16 years old
I am a proud Russian
DM me for Discord tag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEaMhjYrYTw
General Dicking Around wrote:AND THEN JOHN SMASHED THE WINDOW AND FUCKED A GOOSE WITH A LIGHTSABER

Militant Costco wrote:Russia would much rather have Samsung over Kim Il Sung.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Gam Sol-Mi was prepared to vote nay but stopped short as the Chkalovskian ambassador spoke leaving Sol-Mi with a frown. "This sounds so familiar...hm where have I heard such pretentious platitudes.....?" she thought before scanning the room. "That's right the Inyurstans." "The Taisuist Republic of Kirishima Votes ABSTAIN on Resolution 37A. We also voice our support for the Kojiro plan."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Isle of Lost
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Isle of Lost » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:04 am

Ambassador Julli frowned at the Chkalovskian ambassador's comments.

If you think you can change the intent of Resolution 37A just by talking childish trash you're incorrect. If you wish to imply that this resolution is any sort of political shot at your nation you risk throwing any sympathy this council has for you under the bus. Revolution 37A is a compromise between the unwavering Chkalovskian demands and the extreme Roman Resolution 37. The intent is purely to meet each of the demands in the middle because THAT is why we have this council.

Let me make myself clear. If you don't recant your ridiculous statements and, I don't know, try giving some constructive criticism to the Resolution, I will be forced to table my attempt to reach a FAIR compromise in favor of the resolution's original form.
Last edited by Isle of Lost on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Roleplaying Nation Name: Merick Isles

Proud Member of SACTO and the IFC!

Laeuwen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Laeuwen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:30 am

"I would call as Resolution that dubs Chkalovsk as 'colonialist' for attempting to take back a part of its sovereign territory from a Stalin-esque regime and provoking the country by attempting to suspend its membership due to a legitimate security action in terms of banning the United Leftist Alliance, a political alliance which has been exposed by intelligence for arming and supporting the National Bolshevik Front and aiding in the systematic massacre of thousands of innocent civilians instead of attempting to support our fellow ally in its time of need, which should be one of the core values of this alliance, pretty anti-Chkalovsk if you asked me. Resolution 37A is not fair, nor is it a compromise and if anything your response to the Chkalovskian ambassador, whom has every right to voice his frustration, is rather childish in itself."
FEDERATION OF LAERENIA

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:59 am

"If Resolution 37A fails then we will be forced to support Resolution 37.

The banning of opposition ideologies, no matter how inherently evil and utter garbage they might be - and believe me we understand how horrible many leftist ideologies are - are not values the IFC should pounce in defense of.

Additionally, it appears there is some confusion about the territory in question: was there some sort of referendum, some vote that expressed the will of these people wished to join the Union State of Chkalovsk? More pressing, if this territory was invaded and conquered why was the IFC not alerted?
"

Laeuwen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Laeuwen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:08 am

"What can you not comprehend? The ban on the United Leftist Alliance is temporary as the Chkalovskian government systematically tracks down those linked to the February Uprising, but due to the fact that many figures from most parties controlled by the United Leftist Alliance have sufficient evidence against their names in terms of either directly taking part in, assisting through the sales of military materiel or the transfer of monetary funds, or providing political support for those that took part in the February Uprising, the Chkalovskian government is once again is well within its complete right to enforce a temporary ban as it begins to differentiate between the factions and attempt to find the parties within the United Leftist Alliance which are innocent, and it is these parties that will be allowed to return to the mainstream political spectrum once investigations are over, whilst the other ones will most likely serve a fixed period suspension."
FEDERATION OF LAERENIA

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 am

"It's okay that we commit crimes against humanity and general liberty so long as they are temporary, okay gotcha. Outstanding logic sir. I will remember to bring that up the next time someone starts pissing all over freedom of speech or human rights or something. Well done!" Ambassador de Vertrún said, mockingly, trying to comprehend the sheer stupidity of the claim her counter-part was trying to make...

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:19 am

"I must agree with my Laeutchian counterpart. While I am not going to come out and say resolution 37A is anti-Chkalovsk, reclaiming sovereign territory is not being colonialist or imperialistic. The military action in Belarus is warranted considering not only Belarus left illegally but the communist group in Belarus were killing citizens of Chkalovsk. In the case of Kazakhstan, they too left illegally and are peacefully being reintegrated. After discussing such an important issue with the Dirigeant Arata Kasuga, Kirishima has decided that the resolution is not a compromise regardless of intent. We remove our vote of Abstain to cast a new vote."

"The Taisuist Republic of Kirishima Votes NAY on Resolution 37A. While still voicing our support for the Kojiro plan."

"However with regards to the implementation and enforcement of the ban we are more inclined to agree with our Inyurstan counterparts. Kirishima feels that a ban is not needed in order to investigate suspected parties. We once again reiterate that we have faith that the Chkalovskian government did indeed enact a temporary ban and will remove it in due time. However I must say I wish the IFC was more active in aiding it's member from the beginning so that the idea and need of a ban would be much more unlikely."

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Chkalovsk II
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chkalovsk II » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 am

"I would like to thank our Laeutchian comrades for being the only delegation here to have some sort of thorough understanding of what is actually going on in Chkalovsk without some sort of false accusation of speculation involved. Now to answer your question, Belarus and Kazakhstan were originally part of the Chkalovskian Empire which lasted from the 1700's until 1923 when the Chkalovskian Civil War of 1917 to 1923 ended in a Republican victory, ending the empire and letting the two countries as well as the rest of the countries held by the empire split away.

Due to a high number of Chkalovskian ethnics and nationals within Kazakhstan and Belarus there was soon uprising and in 1925 the army was sent in to reconquer the territory. As the Republican government was less harsh, a ceasefire was agreed between the Belorussians, Kazakh's and Chkalovskians and two separate referendums in Belarus and Kazakhstan would be hosted; the first one amongst Chkalovskian ethnics and nationalist and the second one amongst the rest. These referendums showed that 97% of Chkalovskian ethnics and nationals in Belarus and 94% of Chkalovskian ethnics and nationals in Kazakhstan were in favour of joining the Chkalovskian Republic, whilst 53% of Belorussians and 51% of Kazakhs were in favour of joining the Republic, thus, the lands of Chkalovsk, Belarus and Kazakhstan were merged as part of the Chkalovskian Union.

During the time of the Chkalovskian Union relations between Chkalovskians, Kazakhs and Belorussians significantly improved, with referendums being held every 10 years, giving Belarus and Kazakhstan the option to return to 1923 status. In 1935 49% of Belorussians and 43% of Kazakh's were in favour of returning to 1923 status, in 1945 44% of Belorussians and 45% of Kazakh's were in favour it, and as the republic increased cooperation and the autonomy of the Belorussians and Kazakhs, as well as several wars where all nationalities fought side by side, in 1983 only 15% of Belorussians and 21% of Kazakhs wanted to return to 1923 status, however, due to the White Revolution of 1985 destroyed the Chkalovskian Union resulting in independence of Belarus and Kazakhstan, which subsequently joined Chkalovsk and other former republics in the Commonwealth of Chkalovskian States, a sort of half-super state, half UN-style IGO alliance, however, this was plagued by insurgency and the Commonwealth of Chkalovskian States soon broke into pieces. In 1991, fourteen independent republics emerged from the Commonwealth; as the largest, most populous, and most economically developed republic, the Chkalovskian SFR reconstituted itself as the Chkalovskian Federation and was recognized as the continuing legal personality of the Commonwealth of Chkalovskian States.

In 1993 the Chkalovskian Federation was formalized, composing of the former Chkalovskian SFR alone however dialogue for a combined state continued and the first agreements were ratified between Belarus, Kazakhstan and Chkalovsk in 1997 which is regarded by some as the unofficial founding date of the Chkalovskian Federation and In 2016, Alena Vorshevska succesfully united the Chkalovskian Federation with Belarus and Kazakhstan under the Kalingrad-Minsk agreement, as a result of democratic referenda where the overwhelming majority of people wanted to join Chkalovsk, and formed the Union State of Chkalovsk.

During the February Uprising, the Communist Party of Belarus illegally seized power through the aid of the National Bolshevik Front and United Leftist Alliance, overthrowing the democratically elected Belorussian representative government, breaking away, and initiated a brutal political crackdown that resulted in the deaths of over 12,000 civilians. In Kazakhstan, the more moderate Kazakh Revolutionary Party took power and also broke away. Major civilian opposition from both Chkalovskian, Belorussian and Kazakh nationals in Kazakhstan resulted in peace talks between the KRP and government of the Grand Duchy, supported by democratic referenda, which merged Kazakhstan back with Chkalovsk, however, despite major calls from the people, Belarus refused to agree to such talks and referenda and continued slaughtering thousands of civilians, especially of Chkalovskian origin, resulting in military intervention. A poll taken by underground forces in Belarus show that 79.92% of the population want to rejoin Chkalvosk, 11.08% of the population want to rejoin Chkalovsk or maintain independence under a democratic government and 10% want to continue under the leadership of the communist party of Belarus.

Once the communists are ousted, we plan on holding an official referendum."
Call me Chally
I'm a female, 16 years old
I am a proud Russian
DM me for Discord tag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEaMhjYrYTw
General Dicking Around wrote:AND THEN JOHN SMASHED THE WINDOW AND FUCKED A GOOSE WITH A LIGHTSABER

Militant Costco wrote:Russia would much rather have Samsung over Kim Il Sung.

Laeuwen
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Laeuwen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:33 am

Inyourfaceistan wrote:"It's okay that we commit crimes against humanity and general liberty so long as they are temporary, okay gotcha. Outstanding logic sir. I will remember to bring that up the next time someone starts pissing all over freedom of speech or human rights or something. Well done!" Ambassador de Vertrún said, mockingly, trying to comprehend the sheer stupidity of the claim her counter-part was trying to make...

"Because letting those responsible for actual crimes against humanity and general freedom walk free and maintain a political grip on the country is A-Okay."

"We also agree with some of what was stated by our Kirishiman counterpart."
Last edited by Laeuwen on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
FEDERATION OF LAERENIA

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:49 am

"Well if that's the situation then I guess that answers my question...
Regardless, La Républiqua D'Inyursta will remain opposed to the Kojiro Plan...
" She said as she gave up. Her own mind wandering to images of ragged rebel hordes coming rushing out of the jungle like a relentless hurricane smashing into the ranks of beleaguered and exhausted redcoats all in the name of independence; unfortunately it seemed not all people had such a proud heritage or desire for freedom and sovereignty...
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:48 am

The United States of Devonta votes AYE to both Resolution #36 and #37A!
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:50 pm

"I'd like to remind the delegates that the Deputy Speaker carried the vote on Resolution 36, therefore that is law and no one is to vote on it."
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:04 pm

A woman dressed in navy blue tweed, opens the Chamber doors and begins to approach the podium. Odd looks are shown her way as she isn't a face the Council has seen before.

"Mr. Speaker, and may it please the Council. My name is Vivienne Rothschild and I am the Ambassador-Delegate from the United States of Adriatican. Past incarnations of my nation's people have dominated these halls, and indeed helped build them, and, after an extended hiatus from this storied institution, my nation has opted to return.

As the Speaker and the Council well know, this coalition was built on a strong need to defend its member nations. Much has been said regarding the direction this Coalition should have and has taken, however principles much like the pillars under which they are espoused; cannot and should not be abandoned.

By abolishing the Rapid Response Force, this Council has allowed the Coalition to become derelict in its central duty to maintain a standing army. Although I am aware a new system has been put in place to counteract the dissolution of this organization's military, it is a far cry from what is needed and what is deserved.

As such, I am motioning for an immediate table of all current business present on the floor of this Chamber. Furthermore, I am motioning for the Speaker to call an immediate voice vote to overturn Resolutions 34 and 35 as well as any and all other Resolutions that contributed to the destruction of this body's military. Lastly, I would like to make an addendum to that voice vote, by requiring that upon repeal of stated Resolutions, the R.R.F be immediately reinstated, and subsequently frozen until systematic restructuring within the institution may occur.

I thank the Speaker and Council and yield the floor."
First and Third Prime Minister of the IFC
Fmr. Chair, and current Commissioner of ISEC (a W.A organization)
Member of the Board of Directors of the Bank of Yohannes
Lazarene Ambassador to the South Pacific and Europeia

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:42 pm

The military advisor to the Inyurstan delegation, Armando Villanueve, sighed and thumped his head down on the table in angst after hearing an attempted to bring back the RRF. Needless to say given the radical, roller-coaster-like changes in the IFC and their shifting relationship with SACTO, the Inyurstans were at least privy to detailed "outsider" knowledge about the RRF - which made people trying to defend the institution even less tolerable...

Ambassador Melissa de Vertrún stood up:
"The Inyurstan delegation motions against this proposal."

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Ambassador Gam Sol-Mi looked up confused not only by the sudden entrance and calls to restore the R.F.F but the Inyurtsans motioning against a motion. "Eh can you actually do that?" she thought. "The Inyurstans were always making things in the council interesting that's for sure." "Rothschild-san first of all welcome to the Taisuist Republic of Kirishima. It has been some time since your nation was here and much as changed including the council you sit in now. I simply ask due to my concern with your nation's absence, are you aware why we got rid of the R.F.F?" Sol-Mi asked.

Adriatican
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Adriatican » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:The military advisor to the Inyurstan delegation, Armando Villanueve, sighed and thumped his head down on the table in angst after hearing an attempted to bring back the RRF. Needless to say given the radical, roller-coaster-like changes in the IFC and their shifting relationship with SACTO, the Inyurstans were at least privy to detailed "outsider" knowledge about the RRF - which made people trying to defend the institution even less tolerable...

Ambassador Melissa de Vertrún stood up:
"The Inyurstan delegation motions against this proposal."

"The Adriari Delegation would like to query the Inyurstan Delegation as to the reasoning for their vote".
First and Third Prime Minister of the IFC
Fmr. Chair, and current Commissioner of ISEC (a W.A organization)
Member of the Board of Directors of the Bank of Yohannes
Lazarene Ambassador to the South Pacific and Europeia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates