NATION

PASSWORD

Eomeria Peace Summit (Invite Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Eomeria, Rezua

Lily was pushed towards the makeshift gallows that had been erected in Monarch Square, just a few yards from the palace balcony. Standing on the balcony was the Tsaress herself, Zoey Hanji. Lily reached for her mother's hand but it was slapped away by a soldier. Lily and her family were being dragged towards the gallows because her eldest brother had got to fight for Empress Ymira Everen, the true ruler of Rezua, her father always reminded her.

Lily was grabbed by another soldier and thrown onto the gallows, where two more soldiers grabbed her and held her in place. Next to her, her parents and younger brother stood behind nooses. At the front of the gallows, a Tsarist officer held her grandfather with a gun to his head. The officer began to speak "Citizens of Eomeria, many of you in this community have still refused to recognize our new leadership. Tsaress Zoey Hanji ousted the weak Ymira Everen, daughter of Yosef and Juliet Everen. I don't need to remind you that the Everens took power by working with the West in the Second World War. Augustus Everen stole our resources, leaving us patriots to rot in East Rezua. Citizens, you stand in what was East Eomeria. You and I grew up here. We know that Everens caused our empire to fall!"

Lily's father shouted out "It's a damned lie!" A soldier slammed his rifle into the man's stomach, then pulled him to his feet. Together with another soldier, they forced him into his noose and pulled a lever. Lily's mother screamed out and broke free from her guards to hold up her husband. The soldiers raised their rifled and fired on both of Lily's parents, killing them. Lily's brother began to cry and a soldier backhanded him. Lily fought back tears and looked into the crowd, praying for help. No one met her eye.

The officer continued "Your ungratefulness deserves to be give proper punishment. However, our beloved Tsaress has been willing to show mercy. Knee before the balcony, pay your new taxes, and watch an empire rise again. Or join the traitors.

Lily's grandfather pushed away from the officer and cried out "Rise up, children of Rezua! Don't listen to his lies! Praise the Evere-." Lily's grandfather crumpled as a bullet slammed into the back of his head. Lily's brother began to wail now, and the same shoulder rose his hand to beat the child once more. Lily looked heavenward and prayed for God to help her. And then she saw the blonde angel.

From nowhere a woman burst from an alleyway, crest of the Everen's upon her uniform. The blonde was young, perhaps in her early twenties. The woman opened fire on the man about to hit the child, then the two holding Lily. "Run!" the woman shouted as the Tsarists turned to face this new threat. Without eyes on them, some of the unarmed citizens rushed the gallows, punching and kicking at the guards. The blonde woman ducked as the officer fired at her. She rolled and rushed him, tackling him to the ground and blew his brains out with her pistol.

Lily grabbed her brother's hand and ran towards this angel, begging for help. Hanji had fled from the balcony as the crowd began to rush forward, taking the soldier's guns and braving the checkpoint. Armored personal carriers opened fire on the citizens, painting the road crimson. The blonde woman grabbed the children and hid them in a destroyed store. Then, the woman turned to join the fight.

Lily looked up and shouted "Wait!" The woman stopped and turned around, showing the most golden braids and eyes with the bluest hue. Lily could have swore she had seen this woman before, in a picture or on the news as a hero being given a medal. Being knighted in Rhodevus. Lily said "Please, don't leave us." The woman hesitated and added "Fear not child, my sister is coming to reclaim the throne. Pray for our Empress." With that, Princess Christina rushed back out into the riot shouting "For the Everen Line!" And the answer came "Hail to the Everens! Defenders of the people!"

Eomeria, Rezua

Snow fell heavier than expected. Ymira sat at one of the chairs of the table, looking out the frost-covered window. She could almost make out Monarch's Square in the distance where almost one thousand five hundred people fought along side her sister for control of the palace. Almost all had been killed. Yet, that day, Ymira arrived with the Rhodeve army and the Soviets arrived not long after. That riot had distracted the Tsarists, causing the enemy to be divided.

Ymira turned to face her sister when she heard a throat being cleared "They fought because they loved you." Ymira signed "I know. Yet...I don't know why. I haven't brought them peace. I've brought reform, and education, and many other things. Yet I can't bring peace. Gallons of blood stained that street. It took three days to clean it." Christina scoffed "You can't single-handedly knock down the nations of the world and make them accept each other." Ymira shrugged "Well...let's hope this meeting can help me do that." The Empress spun her chair to look at the list of concerns she had for the meeting in order of importance.

1. VSSA/Englean conflict
2. Tension between Cill Airne and Westseaxland
3. The Civil War in Friesland
4. Dealing with Chin Chin State of Eastern Ophion
5. Culling Terrorism in The Seven United
6. Attempting to bring Sultan of Hasnak to court

Ymira stood and straightened her utilitarian looking suit and walked out to the front door to greet her guests. She put on a smile and waited for the first to arrive.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Sierra Everen-Abrams could never quite figure out her wife’s obsession with the morality of the world. It was quite different than her own, growing up in Rhodevus; an ocean away, yet it was something she loved about her. It was one of the great mysteries left between two individuals who had shared so much about each other, and knew each other’s thoughts and emotions at a glance. It was one night, a few days before a large meeting called by the Empress Ymira Everen-Abrams that she woke from the sounds of her wife beside her. Sierra shook Ymira’s arm gently; reassuringly, as she had many times before. It was no surprise that Ymira woke up with a start and sat upright in their bed, pale, but relieved to feel a comforting hand on her own.

“Hey now. Was it another dream?” Sierra said calmly and lovingly.

“I wouldn’t call it a dream.” Ymira replied quietly, turning to face Sierra. “I should probably get back to work, there is plenty to do before everyone else arrives.”

“Hey, hey. You promised. No working before five.” Ymira turned to the digital clock beside her, reading the time as 3:22am. She breathed out and lay back down on her back, staring up at the ceiling. Sierra turned sideways, resting her head on her own arm.

“You’re thinking about the civil war, aren’t you. You need to put it behind you. Just think about what you have accomplished since then.” Sierra tried to change Ymira’s thoughts, but knew from her wife’s breathing it was not working. So, she changed tactics, resting her hand on Ymira’s belly. “I think I felt a kick. The little trout is going to be strong, like her mother.”

“Mothers.” Ymira corrected.
“Ya, isn’t science wonderful?”
Ymira smirked, resting her own hand on top of Sierra’s. “We still need to decide on a name. We narrowed it down to thirteen-”
“Twelve. I scratched off Maxine before we went to bed. That name just never sat right with me.”
“Okay, so twelve names. All of them are nice. I still don’t know how you got me to change all the ‘y’s to ‘i’s. Rian should most definitely be spelt with a ‘y’. Don’t you agree?”
“Hey, who am I to change tradition.”
“Are you saying nobody in Rhodevus has a ‘y’ in their name?”
“Not many, come to think of it. Ooh, I quite like Lexi or Zaira.” Sierra said, reading off some names from the list she pulled out of her night stand.
“I still like Aria, Lina or Sofie.”
“Julia.”
“Alina.”
“Mira”
“Maia.”
“Helena?”
“No, maybe take that one off the list.” Ymira said, watching as Sierra crossed out the name with a pen.
“Feeling better?”
“A bit.”
“Come on, back to bed. You’re sleeping for two.”
When they both fell back asleep, it was not Ymira, but Sierra who was dreaming many dreams.

The loud groan of tanks blocked out the conversation Sierra was having with her superior, the Major-General Daniel Abrams, who also happened to be her father. Her father, who never seized to have a smug grin on his face ever since she left the Commonwealth air force and joined the Royal Rhodeve Armed Forces. Sierra groaned herself as the tanks continued on by, followed by dozens of soldiers marching in formation. All of them turned to salute her and her father as they passed by. “Major-General, Commander.” “Major-General, Commander.” “Major-General, Commander.”

“It is still so unbelievable how nobody knows my actual name, yet they still recognize me.” Sierra fumed, exasperated. Her father doing nothing more than smirking at his inly daughter. “Well, you are quite famous.”

“Yes, as a pilot! But yet everyone recognizes me as ‘The Commander’,” Sierra used air quotations with her given title.

“Well, you are ranked as a commander. And after what you have done at your age, it is quite a fitting title. I didn’t do half as much as you have, and I’m a great deal older.”

Sierra grumbled, knowing she could not change anything about the title. It was a nice title, awarded to very few people. It was awarded to so few, was because the title was not one that is granted, but one that is earned. Only the soldiers that serve under a leader can grant that leader this particularly noble title. And once people started recognizing Sierra Abrams as “The Commander”, there was very little chance it would stop.

“Now, what I came here to talk to you about-” Sierra interrupted her father.

“Ya, I know.” Sierra said, rolling her eyes. “I should get back on the military workout regimen you gave me.”

“No. Well, yes, yes you should. But what I came here to tell you was that the Young Wolf has asked to speak with you. Asked me to come bring you there personally.”

“Queen Diana Wolff asked to see me? She mentioned me by name?” Sierra asked her father, incredulous. Her father nodded with a small smile.

“Now, why don’t we let your regiment continue with the drills under their captains’ eyes. It is a good thing that your posting is so close to Kingstown proper, only an hour or two away from the Imperial Palace. The heart of the capital.”

The Imperial Palace was the heart of the capital both figuratively and literally. For the Imperial Palace not only housed the monarch, but it was the senate and House of Commons as well. It housed the Soul Tree, which spiritually grants authority to whoever commands it over the entire island. And of course, the Palace itself was built in the exact center of the city, on top of the Soul Tree as well as a very old Catholic Church which had once been the center of a minor Cill Aireochan colony.

The drive to the city proper was dull and slow going, and Sierra recalled very little of it, both in person as well as in this dream. It was only when the great gates through to the Imperial Palace opened that Sierra’s memory clicked once more. She had only stepped foot in the palace twice before now; the first time was in elementary school, when she visited on a class trip. She had even seen King Benner Wolff walking with a few guards and a senator, discussing about some issue or other that Sierra was too young to remember or care about. The second time was when she stood alongside Christina Everen, watching her be knighted by the new queen of Rhodevus. She remembered Diana looking at her for a second, and her heart skipping a beat. Not only because it was the queen herself looking at her, but Diana was said to be, and to Sierra, actually was quite beautiful.

Now, Sierra stood once again in front of Queen Diana; though she made sure that Sierra called her Diana. Diana would have no funny business with titles. At least not with her. She looked over Sierra’s shoulder to the rest of the people in the room, including Sierra’s own father. “Please, leave us for a moment, you too Wilbur and Evanson.”

The two soldiers at her door left along with the rest of them. Sierra turned her head to watch them leave. As the door closed with a click, she turned back to Diana, who was smiling pleasantly, hands crossed over in front of her.
“Well, there is no formal way to say this; at least not one I know about, but I do have to say that you did well in your interviews.”
“Interviews?”
“Well, what did you think those talks with General Timmel and Admiral-General Timmel were?”
“They’re both my superiors. I thought… Well I thought I was up for promotion.”
“In a matter of the sense, you are. I wanted to ask you if you enjoy serving in the army.”
Sierra nodded. “I do. It is different than the air force, but nice all the same.”
“Is there anything you would like to do instead?”
“I’ve never really thought of it really. My entire life has been in the army or some form of it. I guess it’s the only thing I am good at.”
“Well, not the only thing. I hear you are a natural born leader. Great with languages. Soft spoken. Well, when you need to be of course. Perfect qualities of a leader. Of an heir.”
“Are you asking me-”
“You passed through the senate and all my inspections. It is your choice one hundred percent of course.”
“Can I have a bit of time to think about it?” Sierra said, quite nervously. She was completely taken unawares and did not know what else to say.
“I wouldn’t have asked for a better answer. Take as long as you need. Think it over and call me any time. Here,” Diana passed her a small card. “This is my personal number. Call me with whatever questions you might have…”

Sierra woke up to unfiltered light entering the room, with small flakes of snow falling onto the ground. She turned her head to see an empty pillow, and knew at once that Ymira was out, working on something for the upcoming meeting.

Sierra quickly got changed and left the room, only to run into Christina, who was as dashing as ever. Sierra made sure to let her know. It was only a few minutes of talking and catching up before they were in their winter jackets and other warm and comfortable wear and found themselves outside walking through the snow in the courtyard. And then through to a nearby school that was in session. The two continued talking, not realizing the time was passing them by, as they sat on snow covered swings, not hearing the mid-day bell ring, letting out children for lunch and recess.

“Oh, look who we have here.” Sierra said smiling, looking at the faces of the children, and even a few teachers who had caught them sitting on swings in their own yard. Christina waved and said a brief hello to them. “Should we go?” Christina whispered to Sierra. Sierra nodded. The both stood up and began walking passed everyone. Sierra stopped to retie her boot, as Christina continued forward. That is, until she felt a cold ball of snow hit her in the back of the head. She let out a small shriek, having been caught unawares. She turned back to see Sierra smiling, holding another snow ball in her hand, with a grin on her face. The children’s faces all open mouthed and wide-eyes. Never would anyone think of throwing snow at royalty.

Alas, that was one of the differences between Rhodevus and Rezua. Rhodevus was much more lenient of their monarchy, as only the acting monarch could claim to have any ounce of royal blood. Sierra on the other hand, while on duty could act royal, but off-duty as she was now, was free to do as she pleased. Just like any adult would. And, when with your best friend in the middle of winter, this often meant throwing snow. As Sierra smirked and tossed her snowball into the air and back into her awaiting hand, something odd happened. Very quickly, Sierra’s cheek was covered in snow, Sierra and Christina alike both open mouthed.

“Tommen!” Shouted a teacher. Sierra turned to the little boy who through the snowball, who was blushing furiously. And then she started to laugh, lightly throwing the snowball at another student. Very quickly, they were all engaged in an open duel of snow. “This is so unprofessional!” Christina shouted. “You should see Diana at UKip! Boy, now that was a snowball fight.”

All of them played in the snow and enjoyed themselves, feeling a great lack of tension. It was after-all a free day for Sierra, and was for better or worse, one for Christina as well.

Finally, the afternoon bell rang again, much to the dismay of many a student, who groaned and dropped their snowballs on the ground at the behest of their teachers and returned to class. Sierra and Christina shook some teachers’ hands and laughed merrily as they walked back to the palace, now covered to varying degrees, in snow and water.

When they returned they caught Ymira, who looked at them both up and down with a serious expression. The two friends looked at each other and then burst out laughing.
“Both of you are completely unprofessional.” Ymira muttered.
“That’s exactly what you sister said to me.” Sierra giggled. “Don’t worry, we both are still doing everything we need to. And you should come join us for a change. After the meeting. Baby or not. It’s good to play in the snow every once in a while. Build snow castles and such.”

Snowcastles? Don’t you mean sandcastles?“ Christina said.
“Where would I get sand in the middle of winter?”
“Duh, the beach.” Christina smiled.

Ymira just shook her head at the two of them. “Just be ready for tomorrow. All the diplomats are arriving then.”
“Of course we will. I am acting in Diana’s name starting tomorrow. I’ll have my work cut out for me, having to handle this meeting and then trying to answer all of Diana’s questions about what happened. She is quite like you, Ymira. Likes to know everything that has happened in her name and under her watch.”

The next morning was bright and cloudless. Sierra woke up early alongside Ymira and went about preparing for the full day ahead. She chose to wear her usual business suit, with two pins on the lapel, one of the golden eagle, a common sign for a Rhodeve diplomat and ambassador. The other being a half sun, commonly worn by those both in the military and those acting in the name of the monarch. She chose a light baby blue blouse under her very dark grey suit, choosing not to wear a tie, leaving on her necklace hanging underneath her slightly opened collar.

In the common area, she waited patiently, texting on her phone and replying to various essential emails, waiting for the other diplomats to arrive.
Last edited by Rhodevus on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:07 am

Eomeria, Rezua

The plane touched down on the runway and made it's way to a reserved parking area where one of the two brand new limousines was waiting with 3 other vehicles to take the now royal family of Belantica down to the Rezuan Imperial Palace located in the heart of the city. The limo was literally brand new from the Concord coach shop, with not even 5 miles on the odometer, with it's diesel engine idling in the cold weather to make sure it was warm enough for the who knows how long of a drive, hopefully not taking too much time. When the plane parked up and had its wheels chalked, a staircase moved into position and once it was in the right position, the door of the plane opened up, and soon after, Karen and Viktoria emerged from it, both of them adorning long winter coats in order to stay warm. They didn't hesitate to move a little quicker down the stairs in order to get inside the warmness of the fresh-out-of-the-box limo that stood out in it's dark blue grace, offsetting the cream colored sedan at the front of the motorcade and the two black SUVs trailing behind.

The two climbed inside, and the door was shut behind them, with complete silence from the outside world, and no vibrations from the diesel powering the 5 ton state limo, which surely how much care the coachbuilders put into the vehicle overall. Soon after, the motorcade went on its way to the palace, with the red and blues flashing and bouncing off the snow on the ground. It didn't take much time to get there, since the route that was used was not a major thoroughfare and therefore avoided whatever traffic there was.

Soon, the motorcade pulled into the palace, where the limo now had a coat of winter grime along the rocker panels. One of the Imperial guards walked over to the door closest to the entrance and opened it for the two ladies inside. Karen stepped out first, and reached back inside to help Viktoria out of the car. Then the two proceeded inside the building, which immediately Karen took off her gloves and cap and unbuttoned her coat in the presence of warmth. At the base of the staircase stood Empress Ymira, who is known to have a lot to deal with on a day to day basis, along with soon becoming a mother as it's noticeable at this point. Karen gave a quick bow to show respect to Ymira, partly for her help in the past, and for having to live in a constant state of stress. The two exchanged their greeting, and soon made their way upstairs, where Sierra was waiting. At that point, Karen hanged up her coat and readjusted her necktie and the belt around her pants, since for her, old habits are hard to brake, especially being used to wearing uniforms on a day to day basis.
Last edited by Belantica on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:54 pm

Avillon, Presidential Palace
Sitting in her main office, Alice Richelieu had been occupied with a few phone calls both within and outside the Republics. Her new government was going to be a challenge for her, without nominal control offered by Labor or the general popularity that she gained when she moved the nation to new heights of international prominence she was sort of a Lame Duck, if it weren't for the fact she had about 3 years left before her Presidency came to an end. After receiving news that the National Security Council had convened in the West Drawing Room, she stood and began to walk out her office. Dormill-Stiuraian Marines kept guard like gargoyles over the palace as she shifted towards the West Drawing Room, the paintings of her 15 predecessors plastering the halls leading to her destination. Her memories began to drift to her own beginnings here, back in 2010.

As she was sworn in during the early days of January of 2010, she anticipated her terms in office to be mostly smooth sailing. No VSSA to worry about, no new international attention to manage, no scandals that she would come to secretly support, just running the Republics. That very clearly changed with the commencement of the Rezuan Civil War a scant few months following. She thought back to her reaction and wondered Should I have gotten involved with Rezuan Affairs?, shaking her head at such a preposterous question. It WAS my involvement that propelled the UR to its current status. But what has that brought me? she continued to ponder as she entered the Drawing Room, Military Commanders and Security Experts were all seated, already conversing on the issue of national defense for the following years. Cameras were all over the room, but Alice never cared for the attention her Presidency brought her, at least not as much when she was younger. Today was just another day discussing how to defend the Republics, nothing less. As for Rezua again, she had sent her two best to speak with both Rezuan officials and leaders of plenty of other nations.

Eomeria, Rezuan Capital
Bertille Bellerose, a plucky young girl born on the Seshan Islands never saw that much snow before. A surprising fact given her occupation was to be the hub between Ventismar's nations and the President. As she sat in the cabin of Marine One, she looked past her attache to the beautiful Rezuan capital, fully restored following the Civil War of only 7 years prior. As the helicopter descended near Monarch Square, she couldn't help but notice the look on the troubled face of General Monet. "Sir, is everything alright?" she pondered, leaning in towards him. Snapping from a thousand-yard stare he caught the light brown eyes of the Diplomatic Manager "Of course, ma'am. I'm just remembering the last time I was here."

As the landing helicopter blew up some snow, the Marine who was closest to the door opened it up and stood at the normal salute, which was quickly reciprocated by both Monet and Bellerose as they walked the square. Imperial Rezuan Guards, still dressed in a flashy fashion for winter wear opened the door of the palace for the pair. At the base of the stairs was none other than Empress Ymira herself, signs of her impending motherhood clearly visible. Showing the utmost respect to the Empress that had too much on her plate, the pair bow before her as they would any other royal in Sunalaya (pretty much every Dormill-Stiuraian who matters are taught this skill, even when living in a Republic) and exchange their pleasantries before being guided upstairs by the Empress, where both Queen Sierra and Regent Queen Pearson have made themselves comfortable, and again the pair show their dignity to them before sitting down themselves.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Novus Outremer
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Outremer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:59 am

Temple of Zahlene, Emle, Emle
Friedegund sat silently on the ground next to the fire well closest to the massive statue of the two forms of Zahlene, Goddess of the Hunt. Her face was painted with an intricate design of blue dye, resembling a bear's face. A crown of branches, feathers, and fur sat upon her head, the crown of a High Priestess of Zahlene. She took the wheat being held by the man sitting to her left and the bowl of blood from the woman on her right, mixing them together after threshing the wheat. She wiped the mixture across the foreheads of each of the people around the fire well. Sitting back down, she dipped her hand in and wiped across her own forehead and down the bridge of her nose. While leading the circle in the Call of the Hunt, the temple door quickly, but quietly, opened and closed. A man hastily took off his socks and shoes and applied a simple, sloppy design using the blue dye. He hurried across the temple to Friedegund, speaking once he got there. "Your Worship, it's a-" Friedegund shoved a finger in his face, indicating him to stop. She was not very serious normally, but faith was something she poured her heart into. She had to. She finished the Call and poured the remaining mixture into the fire, the circle breaking apart and it's former members leaving. The man spoke once again, now that Friedegund had removed her finger from his face, "Your Worship, I've a message for you. From Rezua. They're holding a peace summit and invited us."
"Naturally," she replied while washing her hands off under a bottle of Tetete, an Outremerien drink similar to sake, "we are allies, afterall!" She waterfalls the Tetete into her mouth and follows the man, her royal messenger, Lażżru Delucca, back to the Palais d'Emle.

Eomeria, Rezua
Friedegund shivered as she got off of the plane. She had been here before, very recently, but spending one's entire life in a city on the edge of a desert tends to considerably alter one's idea of what is a comfortable temperature. She wore a hat to keep her ears warm and to cover the large smear of blood and wheat across her forehead, both of which it preformed spectacularly poorly. She got into a cheap Outremerien-made jeep they had flown with them and drove out to Monarch Square, where she got out to walk into the palace, while the driver, a huge mountain man from the Tovl range near Hardersfield, stayed back and slept in the jeep. Inside, Friedegund greeted the Empress and gave her a large bottle of Outremerien mead as a gift.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:51 am

Ymira

Ymira chuckled when the Dormill-Stiuraians bowed to her and said in there language "There is no need to bow to me to show respect. Titles and bows are what confidant leaders cling to. I need only a glance in the eyes, or for my words to be heard to receive respect. Your being here has already proven a great deal of respect and I thank you." Ymira pointed to the stairs above to where her sister and wife were.

Empress Ymira smiled as Friedegund entered the palace. Ymira knew that a host nation should really have its language spoken, out of respect, but knew few could speak Revon and so spoke in English "High Queen Friedegund, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. If what my sister says is true, you are both a formidable duelist and a just leader." Ymira smiled when she offered the mead "Thank you, once I am cleared to drink again, I promise this won't go to waste." Ymira smiled as she led the High Queen to the stairs but stayed and waited for more guests. Ymira found it strange someone would offer her a gift at a summit, that was a rare thing indeed.

Ymira heard Viktoria and Karen before she saw them. Viktoria shouted out praise in Revon "Your Mag- Empress! It is so good to see you again!" Viktoria remembered that Ymira was not fond of being given too many royal names and saved herself by just using empress. Ymira was a blunt woman, practical. She didn't want to be adored but wanted everyone to remember, in the back of their minds, just who it was they were dealing with. Ymira smiled and answered in Revon "My sister has long awaited your return to the Empire. She's upstairs." Viktoria took off into a spirit to go find her war buddy, leaving Karen and Ymira alone.

The empress chuckled and spoke in English "Viktoria...she always was an energetic one. Old friend of Christina's, war buddy. Anyway, I'm glad your reign has been going well. I am pleased that you have come and wish for many things to seem agreeable to us. The others are upstairs, I shall be up soon."

Christina

Before she had anytime to react, Viktoria was upon Christina in a second. Viktoria went for Christina's legs, but Christina wove to the left and jumped up, landing with a lithe step to the side. Viktoria, off balance, tumbled over and erupted into a fit of laughter. Christina smiled "Viktoria, if you planned to sneak up on me don't barge in yelling like a madwoman." Viktoria extended her hand and said "Pick me up." Christina rolled her eyes and assisted the younger woman in standing up.

Before Christina could say another word to Viktoria, Bertille Bellerose and General Monet arrived. Christina shook their hands, straightening her tie afterword. Christina worried that they might not get Viktoria's behavior and said "Monet, you and I certainly are used to Viktoria's...personality. She's energetic." Viktoria nodded "It's the caffeine...or the booze...or both." Christina was slightly vexed that Viktoria's show had been seen by these guests and politely led Vitktoria to a seat. Christina returned to the Bertille and Monet and asked "So any questions before we begin the summit?"

Hoelmon

Prime Minister Hoelmon sat next to Princess Sierra and awkwardly waited for her to look up from her phone. He coughed to get her attention and leaned down so that he was not towering over her. He spoke in French, knowing neither Christina nor Viktoria knew it well. Nevertheless, he spoke softly so only Sierra could hear, "Parliament wants me to convince you to get Ymira onto maternity leave right after this meeting. Do you think she'll take that well?"

OOC: If no one new joins by day's end I'll start the meeting.
Last edited by Rezua on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

Sierra jumped up from her phone, when Prime Minister Hoelman coughed lightly. She turned in his direction. “Oh, I’m sorry. Diana -erm- Queen Diana wanted a last minute double check on everything happening. But now,” She said, putting her phone into her jacket pocket, “I am all yours.”

Having listened to what the Prime Minister had to say, Sierra nodded. “I have actually been trying for a while now to get her to stop working. Maternity leave will be good for her. But ya, I will continue to try. But, I guess Ymira’s maternity leave will be similar to Diana’s. Did you hear? She started it last week, and will be on leave until much after the baby is due. Won’t tell anyone the gender. But, even on leave she is still trying to know what is going on everywhere, even though she doesn’t actually need to work.” Sierra gestured to her pocket where she had stored her phone only moments before.

“But will Ymira take well to Maternity Leave?” Holeman pestered. Sierra shrugged.
“I don’t think she will enjoy it, even though I believe-” She stopped herself. “Well, what I believe is between me and my wife. Just know that I will try to convince her, just as I know you all will try as well.”
“So,” She continued, changing the topic, “Do you think we can solve all the issues in this meeting? Rhodevus is already working hard in Friesland, rebuilding highways and railroads across the country. You know, uniting the people. But it is a long and difficult process.”
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Bellerose
Taken slightly off-guard by Ymira's reaction to her bow, she snapped back up and sheepishly responded to the Empress "You're welcome, Ymira. It's a shame Alice couldn't join us today, but duty calls and all" finishing as she walked up the stairs, General Monet trailing behind to have a quick word with the Empress on old matters.

As she approached the room where the meeting was to take place, she heard some yelling and guffawing Who could be doing that? she thought as she picked up her pace to the room to find Viktoria Pearson and Christian Everen, the latter picking the other up from what seemed to be a serious tumble. General Monet proceeded to materialize behind the younger woman to her surprise just before bowing before them. Bertille was confused at the conduct she was supposed to give to these royals, on most occasions she would have to show the utmost respect and courtesy to them. But here, they acted more like close friends and students than they had actual rulers then again, they are old friends as Christina "explained" the actions of her Belantic counterpart. Still she had to know about the whole deal between these royals. "So let me get things straight. You, Christina, the elder between you and Ymira, gave up the throne to your younger sister? At the same time, she married Sierra" who had been speaking with Prime Minister Hoelmon on private matters "And Viktoria is your old war buddy who is also sister to Regent Karen Pearson?"

"Almost" came from Christina who had grabbed some coffee from the nearby coffee maker. "Viktoria is very much Rezuan, who happens to be dating Queen-Regent Karen and is a Belantic Cop. She was actually the one seen kissing Karen during the Belantic Civil War if you remember. Cream and Sugar, Miss Bellerose?"

"I prefer tea, thanks anyways." the embarrassed response, much like the Westsaxen, Dormill-Stiuraians have adopted a strong tea habit and has found coffee quite revolting. Still trying to show her respect, she decided not to openly admit to this fact.

Monet
It had been a while since he was last inside the Imperial Palace, much had changed in the years since the infamous Civil War. At the time he was only a Brigadier-General, one that frequently went to the frontline to maintain command and morale of his forces. Though Dormill-Stiuraian forces fell under Rhodeve Command once Eomeria was being recaptured, he took a personal responsibility in commanding his own forces.

His memories drifted in and out while in the palace so many young men and women, it's a shame it had to come to this he pondered as he bowed before Empress Ymira. He stayed with her a moment before heading upstairs with Miss Bellerose, he simply needed to speak with Ymira of the old days. "It's been a while Ymira, much has changed in our last encounter." he began, remembering to when he found her on the balcony of the palace 7 long years ago "Of course, General. I hear you're the General of the First Army now." she responded, a grin came across her face as she spoke to the old general.

Deciding not to linger on the whole thing any longer, he bids a quick farewell to Ymira and made his way upstairs to see Bellerose gawking at Christina and Viktoria's tumble.

"I've never seen Madame Viktoria in 'action' per say" air quoting "action" to emphasize the strangeness that was the Rhodeve woman in his response to Christina, "But I do remember some of my subordinates speak about her in a time long past." he finished before sitting down next to Bertille and gladly taking the coffee offered by Christina. "It's a pleasure to see you again as well, Christina. It's been too long since I was last here"
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Hoelmon

The taller gentlemen smiled and chuckled "Actually, the Rezuan monarch is pledged to have complete transparency with all matters of the state. Since I'm going to be without an empress for a few months, I kinda need to know if she's not going to vex herself to death over not doing her job." After a few moments his smile faded "It was a joke."

Christina

The princess smiled "My dear, no one goes thirsty in our palace. You shall have yourself the finest tea in the Empire!" Christina turned to a secondary table that had tea already waiting "Hoelmon is a tea kinda guy too. You'd never guess it by looking at him though." The muscular Prime Minister glanced up upon hearing his name be called and smiled and waved to Bellerose.

Christina turned to Monet "Yes, it has been a rather long time." Christina looked briefly at the balcony, where Ymira and Zoey Hanji had fought, where a gun was lowered and Hanji was offered mercy, and where the usurper had grabbed a brick, slipped, and left go of the hand that saved her. Ymira knelt in her own blood, in Hanij's blood, and was held by Sierra for a long time. Yet, when she stood again, a crown was placed on her head and a nation hailed the Everen line. Christina was at the palace that day, but the whole time, Ymira thought Christina was off in a different country. Christina had run from the throne, run from her family, run from her shame. Her days of running were not over on that day. Christina wasn't sure if they even were done now. One sister was the example, the perfectionist. And the other was the knighted rebel, the valiant troublemaker. Christina still did not know who she was.

Ymira

After waiting a bit longer, Ymira decided that it would be a good time to start the meeting. The empress had some difficultly getting to the sixth floor and laughed when she entered the room "Next time we do this on the ground floor." The empress took a seat and gestured for the others to do the same.

"So, you all know why we are here. We are tired of war. We are tired of hearing our people cry for our help. We are tired of watching tyrants take the rights of our fellow man. We are tired of a world we cannot fix. That ends today. We are the medicine that Sunalaya needs. We are going to start with the VSSA-Englean problem, if that's okay."

"I do not like Engleberg. They suppress the entire left wing, not just those who used violence in the past. They also ban homosexual rights. It's no wonder why these groups are embittered and lash out, their leaders do not see them as people. We must address that issue, but we have more pressing matters. I also do not like the VSSA since it flaunts it's human right violates as if it were something to be proud of. It also waves the threat of war around by building a large army. Therefore, I am conflicted in acting. Their governments care only for war and ruin, yet there are innocent people who will die in their war. I think our best course of action is to try and get them to negotiate, to let the Englean people pick who they want to rule. If either the Fuhrer or Kaiser disagree with the results and go to war, we can support the popular choice and win the people's favor. But personally...I do not think it wise to pick sides. What are your thoughts?"

Novus Outremer
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Outremer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:35 am

Once a few moments had passed, Friedegund stood from her chair and cleared her throat (as is proper etiquette in Outremerien meetings) before replying to Ymira's question.
"I personally think we could try a tactic that worked during the Outremerien Latin-Germanic Wars: good, old fashioned sabotage. More specifically, we could figure out whether or not the majority of citizens support their government, or in Engleberg's case, which government they prefer. Once we have that information, we act accordingly. We could secretly fund, supply, and train rebels to topple their oppressors should the majority dislike the state. If they prefer their current government, some sort of diplomatic actions could be tried to lighten the nation's boot. With Engleberg, I say we help the kaiser regain power and leave that... Schrecklichenführer to the mercy of the Englean common folk, maybe even the refugees in Neudeck and Plettenstein. These are only my ideas for treating the cancer that is the VSSA, and I am sure they are quite extreme compared to those of you others gathered here." She bowed her head slightly before sitting back down and removing her hat after sweating a bit.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:26 am

Turning slightly to face Friedegund Ymira said "Sabotage could lead to us being found out and force us into war. I'm also not a fan of training rebels since then they just might try to take over and try to rule "their way". And we must remember that peace is our main goal. Jumping into the support of one side isn't exactly diplomatic. We might have to use war to ensure the people are ruled by they want. However, what if we could make a compromise where the kaiser and the fuhrer rule over different halves or parts of their empire. Personally, I do not like Kaiser Konrad. I do not trust his character just as much as I don't trust the fuhrer's. Both look only for war. Perhaps...putting in a new leader would be better." Ymira hesitated "if the people want of course."

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:25 am

For a brief moment, Karen sat there, taking in what Friedegund said earlier about picking sides and causing sabotage, which to her seemed like a bad idea because it meant playing favorites and would lead to the whole Englean situations to escalate when a majority of the world would rather it either return to the status quo, or simply dwindle away. She4 also agreed with Ymira, seeing that doing such may end up with the wrong results being delivered. Then she decided to chime in to see what results they could achieve at this meeting.

"Let's face it," she begun, "many of us here do not like or support either the Kaiser of the Fuhrer, let alone wanting to work with the VSSA. But at the same time, it would be a large risk to support a rebel group that we may not know if their intentions would be clear or kept hidden from view. How I see it is you have the Kaiser who believes he can waltz around with his navy and gold-laced suit covered in medals he most likely doesn't deserve, and you have the Fuhrer who's hell-bent on conquering every nation that has Germanic roots and willing to go as far as using weapons of mass destruction as a scare tactic to prevent anyone from ending his regime. Meanwhile the VSSA, are of course, fully in support of the Kaiser, and are attempting to remove the "Deutsches Reich" from the mainland while taking a risk on causing a nuclear winter if they do at it the wrong way. What needs to happen is both of those parties need to start talking and open up diplomatic channels before it gets any worse. But here lies the problem, neither sides are willing to talk with each other at this time, only wanting to resort to starting what could be a devastating war. What has to happen is that both the VSSA-backed government and the, excuse my language, mentally insane government need to be pressured into talking. How we go about doing this is entirely up for debate. Maybe we take the approach that Friedegund suggested, maybe we take Ymira's suggestion, or maybe someone else can offer another solution to give all of us some more ideas to work with before jumping to a conclusion."

After that, Karen took out a pair of reading glasses from one of her shirt pockets and put them on, a rare sight since she normally doesn't wear them. Then she proceeded to pick upa pen with her left hand, and begun jotting down notes on a yellow notepad.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
_[' ]_

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:50 am

Sipping on his coffee, Monet also considered the situation. He was well aware of the Dormill-Stiuraian strategy against the Englean Kaiserreich, and the same equally applied to the Deutsches Reich and their recent actions. He understood political subterfuge worked before, when a communist uprising in the province of Komstadt took just over three months to put down. Deciding not to stand up, he proceeded to speak his mind on the issue at hand.

"I may very well be unpopular in saying this, but Her Majesty Friedgund is correct in one aspect, sabotage works against the Engleans. Recall how the current Fuhrer gained power, it can be assumed that he poisoned the previous Reichsmarsal, a one Frederick Caridan to gain the power and clout to execute his coup. Imagine how easy it can be to have this happen again if the man is resorting to nuclear force to deter enemies. However, I don't think we should get involved."

Bertille leaned in to question the General's motives "Are you sure about this Modeste? Starting yet another Civil War is exactly what Richelieu wanted to avoid." His response came hushed as well, not wanting to draw too much attention before he continued on his point "I never said start a Civil War, ma'am. I was suggesting that taking advantage of the weak political situation down there is probably our best bet."

Clearing his throat, the General continued with his concept "I propose that we use our collective international clout to strangle both sides to treat with us and each other. We can do this through official channels such as the United Sunalayan Assembly or we may act on our own, to show that we are willing to do what most other nations are incapable of. At the end, we should support a new democratic government to take over the Englean mainland and for the former colonies to be granted self-rule, there's no real need to complicate matters any further."

Bellerose, who was fairly irked at the suggestion of overthrowing a government due to her own history with the United Republics, shot up from her seat to interject "Overthrowing any government, even an illegal one, is just wrong! Madame President Richelieu gave us explicit instructions not to consider overthrowing the Englean governments unless it was the only option available!" Though grabbing the disapproving glare of a few in the room, she was too flustered to care about her action "The only thing I will agree to in the terms of the Deutsches Reich or the Kaiserreich is stern diplomacy. I won't support any aggressive action taken on the behalf of my Republics to overthrow any government, overtly or not."

"In the interest of remaining to President Richelieu's intentions, I propose we be very careful about our next move in regards to this situation." finishes Monet, continuing to enjoy his coffee.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Ymira's lips twisted into an unnaturally cheerful smile "I would like nothing more than to do just that." But her face returned to her stoic blank expression once again "However, we cannot do such a thing. As much as I want to simply replace these tyrants its simply not right. First off, how many of our people would die conqueroring the Englean empire? And then how many innocent civilians would have to die as well? The Englean people do not care for us. They like their rulers, though we may see them as cruel. I want equality and justice just as badly as the next guy, but we can get neither if the people we save hate us and rebel. I can not bear the thought of more Rezuans dying to save people who will be ungrateful. I'm not saying I need a 'thank you' but I at least need a country that will not rise up against me after I save it."

"The people must be ready to reject their ruler before we can properly take any nation over and liberate it. However, as I've said before, this is a diplomatic mission. If we helped the kaiser maybe he would ease up on socialists and homosexuals. I doubt that very much though." Ymira's eyes stopped passing between the other members and now pierced only into general Monet's "And, general, I will not ever resort to using the USA, a peace keeping organization, to start a war. I will not be a war starter. I've seen too many pale, stiff bodies than I would have liked. I will not have another death...another murder I caused on my conscience unless war is an absolute necessary last resort. My people trust me to protect them, to keep them safe. And I keep failing to do that with every war I decide is just. I send hundreds to their death for causes I don't even know will be worth it. Suppose we take over? Do I become a tyrant to the world? Is my face the one they associate with fear? Do my people become the monsters they were considered seventy-years ago again? Or will we stand in nothing but ashes. What if we have to mow down every last Englean to end a rebellion. I won't pay a price that high. I'd rather die."

Ymira broke eye contact with the general and allowed herself a forlorn sigh and a chuckle, and a small grin " God curse my idealism. I still have faith that sanctions and negotiations can get them to let their people pick who they want to rule. As far as I know, the colonies are happy in the kasierreich. Let's not disturb the waters with more thrown stones."

Belantica
Diplomat

Postby Belantica » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:53 am

Karen at this point realized something important that was brought on by Ymira mentioning the colonies still loyal to the Kaiserreich, except it involved more than the colonies. "When you mentioned the still loyal colonies," she started," it got me thinking about both sides hold claims to both the mainland, while claiming different areas outside the established borders of Engleberg. The Kaiserreich, as much as Konrad is a pain in the arse, technically is still the would-be "rightful" government and leadership of Engleberg, as much as I hate to say that. So while both governments claim the mainland, the Deutches Reich is not focusing on ousting the Kaiser from the colonial holdings, and instead trying to wage war in Ventismar in order to bring all the Germanic nations of the continent under his rule. He already annexed the JRR, and who knows how long before they start to push into other neighboring states such as Sangaria. I can see that the Reich is willing to go to total war in order to reach their goals, without any regard to disrupting the balance of power or a nation's right to sovereignty."

"Even though we already know that this is what the Reich intends, we still don't have a clear idea of what the Kaiserreich's intentions are, except to retake their mainland. How can we trust the kaiser not to start up his own game of expanding the borders all over again? What's to say that if we help the kaiser, that he wouldn't turn around and back-stab us? It's simply I don't have much trust in either of the two governments." She then turned to Monet," and with all do respect general, the USA is for peacekeeping and cooperation, not to divide people and start wars, it would defeat the entire purpose of that organization to act as a way to wage war. Many of us here are tired of wars, and trying to get the two hostile parties to negotiate is a much better path, war should be used as the very last resort."

She then took a drink of water, then said "We have to make sure this doesn't get too out of control, or it may worsen."
_[' ]_

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 pm

With a brief pause the empress responded to Karen "Which is why I guess that a vote be held in Engleberg to see which leader the people want. Then, whoever wins gets our support. It is up to the people to decide who they want to rule them. Afterword, we help transition power -hopefully peacefully- and then help the people. If we help the people they will have less reason to hate us and will push for their governments to open up to us more."

"Now, if the newly chosen leader is hellbent on war with other Ventismarian nations with or without the support of the people...we obviously have to stop that. If a war must put the chosen ruler back, we have, sadly, fight it. But if it is a preventable war, a war wanted simply out of greed, we will put an end to it. Diplomatically of course. If that fails then we'll be forced to fight."

Ymira had changed over the years. It was a subtle difference most did not notice until they knew her for a while. She planned for the worst rather than focusing on the best case scenario. She was desperately trying to go back to pushing for the better option and not reacting when that plan failed. She wanted Plan A to be the best and only plan. Having a Plan B meant that failure was okay. It wasn't.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Monet sat in his chair, a cross look infested his otherwise smooth face. He felt that this use of diplomacy first was guaranteed to fail, as neither side of the growing conflict would treat the other with an olive branch. However, he knew who else would. "Might I make a suggestion?" he began, "It's becoming clear that neither the Vukmiri nor the Englean will sit down, the Vukmiri Ultimatum expires in the matter of a few days and no response has been sent from either Englean government." he walked towards the balcony, the same one from where Ymira ended the Rezuan Civil War so many years ago. "We do have a chance at preventing an even more important conflict, one in the Westsaxen Isles. We've all seen the news about the rising tensions between these two. I say we try to bring them to peace using diplomacy, to prove that diplomacy is more than a formality that opens the door to warfare."

Bellerose smiled as well, seeing how the tough general gave way for the peaceful option. "I agree with Monet, Westsaxenland and Cill Airne are among the core powers in Western Ventismar. Conflict between them will be even more devastating than between the Southern States." She had another drink of her tea while glancing in the direction of Karen "I propose that the leaders on all sides of this young conflict be brought here so they may bring a peaceful resolution to this issue before it grows like the one between Engleberg and Vukmire." She proceeded to write some notes on her arguably ancient Blueberry Phone, given by the Avillon Government of course, in the vein of "Report back to Mama Eagle when next possible".
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Umbrellya
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbrellya » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 pm

"I don't think the Empress will be very fond of tardiness, Almunda." Gdańsk said. She veered over, "Sir, you're not to blame for your schedule- with how it is currently. You just lifted the federal restrictions and visited Złottei for the festival. Not to mention handling Aviary's various international activities, and Thromsa in the North."

"Still, it's not a very good impression." He said. "Eh. Got me there." She responded. They both, along with Gdańsk's body guards escorting him, remained in silence until arrival. "Here we are, sir. The Royal Palace."

"We're late." Gdańsk muttered. "Oh stop being a grungy old man and get in there." She said. "I'm 34."

"Mhm, so get in there. Ernac will park the car in the parking lot, I'll wait there with him." Almunda said. Gdańsk left the vehicle and proceeded to the entrance of the palace. Upon closing his door, his two suited bodyguards followed in his footsteps. The weather was brisk, but mild. His goosebumps began to hurt when rubbing against the surface of his attire, but he himself was layered enough. "It's as cold as Morningstar out here." He mentioned quietly. The 3 of them casually climbed the introductory stairs of the palace entrance.

His left bodyguard groped the brass handle to the main entrance, and swung it open for Gdańsk. "Dzięki." He thanked. When reaching the overwhelmingly new and comfortable climate of the inside, Gdańsk could no longer see his breath. His bodyguards followed him as they were introduced to procedural security officers and measures places before him and the meeting leaders.

Once climbing through security, his bodyguards escorted themselves out down a hallway. Gdańsk positioned himself in front of the door leading directly to the leaders. He sighed, and opened the door.

Greatness awaits.
Things about me!
PRO: capitalism, liberalism, religion, free speech, business, West, choice, same-sex rights, egalitarian, free market
ANTI: far-left politics, far-right politics, social justice warriors, globalism

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 am

Ymira

The golden-haired woman sighed "Yes, that's what I've already done. I offered both Cill Airne and Westseaxaland the opportunity to meet in Eomeria for peace talks. Neither nation has answered my request. It's time to start cutting them off from trade. I will not deal with another war. If they refuse to meet and negotiate I say we all sanction them. And if that fails, I say we embargo them."

"Some possible solutions might include holding an election for the people of Cill Airne, letting them pick which nation they want to be, a free Cill Airne or part of Westseaxaland. Or, perhaps Cill Airne should be given more autonomy. Also, perhaps the soldiers who began the skirmishes should be punished. If they are not punished, one nation might be bitter towards the other after they think a solution is "bias". We must make it very clear that if they fight, they will lose thousands of people and we shall not move a finger. This war will be their own fault if they did not even try to negotiate. Of course...we'll have to protect civilians though."

Christina

With a cough the Heroine of the Commonwealth said "Now...perhaps we should pick a side in the Englean conflict. Neither side has good humanitarian rights but at least Kaiser Konrad wasn't annexing innocent countries. On the other hand, I don't want to be helping the VSSA. At all. They are our enemies, make no mistake about it."

"Now, if it comes to war, this new Fuhrer said he had no problem using nuclear weapons. Our first goal, then, is to destroy all known nuclear instillation of Engleberg. It will cut this madman off from his nukes, and also stop Kaiser Konrad from having any when we returns home."

Henry

Coffee simply wasn't doing enough this morning. The Rezuan shook as the wind blew through his coat, threatening to push his uniform open. Henry swore and pulled his coat shut. Being a guard on the outside was pretty brutal in the winter. At least the empress said extra for hours spent outside.

Henry rubbed his eyes and cursed his stupidity. His gloves were no warmer than his freezing eyelashes. He glanced at his watch, his shift was over. Finally. The thin guard adjusted his rifle to turn back inside...and saw a car pull up. Great. Henry approached the car and found another guest, Gdańsk of Umbrellya. Henry had no clue what these people spoke so just went for English. It wasn't perfect but it would do "Welcome to Rezua. Please, follow." Henry gestured to the doors and helped the guests up the icy stairs. Four minutes over his shift. And it was so cold. Henry showed the guests to the stair and said "Up stairs, top of building. Go to front balcony. Meeting inside. Good day all." With that, Henry went off to get off his shift. He looked at his watch, eight minutes over. Dammit.

From there Gdańsk was show to the meeting room where the other leaders were. The muscular Rezuan prime minister looked over at Gdańsk and waved him over with a friendly smile, keeping his attention focused on Christina though.
Last edited by Rezua on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:23 pm

After listening tot he back and forth going on between the diplomats on both the topics of the VSSA and the Cill-Airne, Westseaxanland situation, Sierra was able to speak up.

"On the matter of the VSSA, it is important to choose our battles. Do we want to go up against the entirety of the VSSA? or deal with the kaiserreich first? From what I see, there are two ways to go about this, do nothing and let the VSSA and kaiserreich fight each other, like they are preparing to do, or we choose a side in that conflict; my bets on siding with the VSSA against a more problematic enemy. Queen Diana has already suggested to the Rhodeve government that we back the nations in the VSSA against the Kaiserreich in order to handle this more pressing thread. This can also put us in better favour with the nations of the remaining VSSA. We let them fight each other, helping one side so they can still win. This weakens the VSSA since they are using their manpower to fight, as well as their wealth in this war and buying our armaments."

Sierra looked around the room to see who was paying attention. "On the matter of Cill-Airne and Westseaxnaland, Rhodevus has also asked both sides if they would like to meet in Rhodevus to settle this issue. Just like Rezua has asked, we have not yet gotten back an answer. Both nations are independent and have been at each others throats for a while. There is no way to settle the issue by an 'independence vote' because both are separate and independent entities from each other. The only thing to do is force them to sit down, or let them wage war. I say we find a way to force them."
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Ymira scowled when her wife suggested helping the VSSA. She did, however, nod when Sierra suggested forcing peace between Westseaxnaland and Cill Airne. She commented on that briefly "Yes, we have to keep peace between them or all of Ventismar will destabilize. It took me four years to pull Rezua back from the civil war. I am far too tired to do it so quickly again. I need a safe Ventismar to keep my people safe. We sanction, we embargo, we demand. That is how we stop their war. And if we do go to war we must crush one side and be done with it." The frankness the blonde monarch used to prove her point could be at times frightening. She made it sound as if destroying the fighting capability of a nation was easy.

The prime minister picked up from there "Same deal as always in the event of war. Air superiority, hit military bases. Etc. Anyway, to address the VSSA problem, I don't think we have to "help" the VSSA to put Konrad back in charge. We can just do our own separate thing and just not be hostile to each other. Again, a vote on which nut the people want in Engleberg is the best solution but if war comes, we support Konrad. Sadly. If only to keep NukeyMcNuke Fuhrer from ending the world."

Umbrellya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Umbrellya » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:45 am

Gdańsk was greeted first by the Rezuan Prime Minister as he entered the room. He noted the age of the newly identified individual, which was likely 20 years advanced of him.

Gdańsk made observations of the other guests in the room as he walked over casually. Monet, a diplomat of Dormill and Stiura was sitting at a table with a few unidentified individuals. He wondered why Alice Richlieu, the President of D & S, and good friend of Gdańsk was not present. A few other Ventismarian representatives and 2 Dogmanan leaders were here. Most notably, the executive from Rhodevus.

As Gdańsk entered the circle of conversation comprising the Rezuan Empress, her legal partner, and a few others, he was given an indication of welcome from the Rezuan Prime Minister. "Wilkommen, Prime Minister Gdańsk. We're elated to have all of you join us for this event. I'm sure the Empress is happy with your participation this day." He said.

Gdańsk probably shouldn't have done that shot in the plane. Who knew Aliet Khyme Whiskey caused such an incentive to urinate. Give it 15 minutes max. "Glad to be here Prime Minister. An event like this requires my attention, especially concerning the proposed subjects being discussed. I'm sure we'll have a word about the VSSA, the Bohin, and maybe Umbrelliet corporate whereabouts." Gdańsk replied.
Things about me!
PRO: capitalism, liberalism, religion, free speech, business, West, choice, same-sex rights, egalitarian, free market

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:35 pm

The empress put the Englean matter on pause, knowing that most nations would probably support Kasier Konrad and turned to look at Gdańsk. She smiled and greeted him warmly like the others, but her smiled faded as he mentioned the chemical weapons company. Ymira did not want to make a scene in front of the other leaders, nor did she want to let the issue of Aviary slide under the table.

The blonde monarch inhaled sharply, clearing not wanting to begin to speak about this topic, but did so anyway "Mr. Gdańsk, while I know what your government did not have a hand in making the chemical weapons created by the Aviary company, it is your responsibility to stop the production of certain...products that have been banned on the global stage. Chemical weapons are not something that can be allowed to be made. You've trying to change Aviary's ways now that we brought it up to your attention. You have my thanks. . And I'm not just saying this to Mr. Gdańsk, I'm talking to everyone here. If it is known that a company is illegally producing a harmful device they must be called into question. Lives are more important than industry. Otherwise, I think said government should be held accountable. "

Umbrellya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Umbrellya » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Whilst Gdańsk for the most part agreed with The Empress' opinion on the matter of chemical weapons, he wasn't really sure what to do about it. He knew that under precedence of the 1975 R. v Lorrest Ltd. Case, he cannot intervene in Aviary's product-line. He could really only influence the company's actions. That, or destroy all stockpiles of chemical weaponry. "I'm afraid there isn't a lot I can do about that situation Emp. Everen. Umbrelliet corporate law is complex and hard to crack through by itself, but even more so considering the sophistication Aviary exhibits with their legal and moral procedures."

He paused. Concerned his answer didn't fit the bill. "My hands are tied. There's little I can do to mend the situation." Gdańsk said. Ymira still looked unimpressed with Gdańsk's response. She wore her disappointment through her pearly blue eyes almost as well as a bride her wedding gown.
Things about me!

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:01 am

For a moment, Ymira's eyes sparkled with amusement, very few people called her "Empress Everen". Ymira remembered when she insisted to be called "Empress Everen". It never caught on, probably because most monarchs use their first names, and probably because no one cares about formality. In fact, most leaders just called her "Ymira" as if they were friends. Or as if they were talking to an inferior, a little girl. She tried to so often to erase any inkling of her girl self from her empress self. If she were to be respected, she'd need to be remembered as a monarch first and always and a girl last of all. At least Gdańsk used the correct formal title empress. Although, "Empress Ymira"worked fine too.

Ymira leaned forward in her seat a bit and said "If your companies produce goods that are a threat to my citizens, then I will make it my business to deal with it." Ymira straightened and addressed the group "Laws that forbid the government from interfering with business must be eliminated. We must remember that if businesses are left unchecked they will do illegal acts in order to boost their profit. Aviary has proved that. We cannot trust in the good will of mankind, these corporations would sacrifice their workers to slavery and torture if it got them a few extra profits." It was very clear Ymira thought very lowly of big business.

The young monarch stood and turned her back to the group, placing her hands behind her back. She began to pace a bit and turned back to them "You see, business must be reminded that, while it it allowed to make profit, it has a duty to society. It may not produce banned products, it may not underpay its workers, it may not fire its workers without reason, it may not disregard the law. Governments have constitutions so they obey the law and do not abuse their people. Why should a business get special treatment? I will warn you right now, if any of your companies - or even my companies for that matter - are caught doing any illegal activity in my empire, I will not hesitate to shut it down." Ymira paused to snap her fingers "'Like that. I do not wear a crown for fashion, this crown is a pledge to my people to care for them. I will find them better jobs myself if I have to. In your own countries, I suggest that you enforce your laws upon your companies. Otherwise, who's to stop them from committing atrocities? And then what's to stop the people from descending into anarchy if they have poor examples of how to act?"

"You see, this is our job. To live example lives. To be role models. If law and order are our goals, then we must hunt down corruption in our corporate section and in our cabinets. Without law there is disorder. Companies that are not limited in their power will become tyrannies and control the lives of their workers. I propose a new set of international guidelines to prohibit business from cutting corners anymore." The blonde ruler stopped pacing to stand over by her seat "Is anyone in agreement?" And then she waiting for a chorus of "no". Why would these people care?
Last edited by Rezua on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents