NATION

PASSWORD

Khas-Kirati Conquests (TWI Only | IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Khas-Kirati Conquests (TWI Only | IC)

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:02 pm

OOC

God's Children Will Feel The WrathImage

Srijunga had the worst childhood you could imagine. He never saw his father Wedo Hang's face and his mother had been responsible for the death of her husband. His mother took and him to a remote village and raised him as a girl. Years later, Srijunga's maternal uncle, the man who killed Wedo Hang, took his niece as a military adviser and a bride meant to kill her uncle's rivals. Whilst as a man, Srijunga raised his own band of warriors. Slowly the mysterious person named Srijunga rose in power in the hills, mountains and grasslands.

In 900 AD, Srijunga achieved the rank of Mahang or the 'Hang of Hangs' after uniting all Khas and Kirati tribes of the island known today as Athara Magarat. He made the Koyongwa Dynasty of Bhumidol help him in an invasion of Atnaia. After a stalemate, he conquered Wellsia (then known as El Mashriq) and modern-day Taziristan. He freed his people from being vassals to the Koyongwa Dynasty, returned to Atnaia again and forced the Treaty of Redwood upon the nearly defeated and routed the fabled land of Domanania.

And then, after 15 years of constant military campaigns against foreign nations, Srijung Hang (aged 35) died under mysterious circumstances while on a voyage to his capital. The world rejoiced at the death of this tyrant conqueror. People across the Isles thanked the Almighty for protecting them from the man who was the living embodiment of Satan to them. How wrong they were! Instead, the generals and successors of the Great Hang used his death as an excuse to go for more military campaigns. The Khas-Kirat Empire spread out of its cradle in the South Mesder Sea and this was just the beginning.

The Children of God would now feel the Wrath of the Yellow Dragon.

What this IC is for?

This IC will be for posting the events that occurred during the time when Khas-Kirati hordes and their vassals were rampaging throughout much of the Isles. The focus will not only be on the Khas-Kirati Empire but on other nations of that time.

You all might be familiar with the Citizens thread. This will not be all that different from the Citizens thread but we will do this in the form of letters, poems, manuscripts, songs, diaries, history books, etc clearly specifying the date. We think this is the best option for us since this IC will have to cover a vast timeline of 400 years and all of TWI.

Rules and A Thing

You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen. No god-modding and meta-gaming! And for the OOC discussion, please use this thread and in this IC, refrain from quoting everything.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:10 pm

916 AD

(The following letter was sent by an ethnic Tamang solider in the Tamang Cavalry of the Khas-Kirat Empire to his family; especially his eldest daughter. It should be noted here that Tamangs were among the first few Kirati tribes to convert to Buddhism.)

My Dear Daughter Ani,
May the Peaceful Lord Buddha Always Guide You!

I am extremely pleased to know that you attended the Kurultai on our family's behalf. You have proven yourself to be a mature woman capable of being in league with the wise men and women present in the Kurultai. I was even more pleased to hear that you have been among the ones tasked to investigate the death of our late Great Hang.

The Hang was indeed a great man. I remember my first time seeing him. He had just been made the Mahang by the then Kurultai. We were extremely surprised to see him for he did not have the fierce appearance to command men and women. He had long silky hair and feminine looks, but he had the fiercest eyes of anyone I have ever seen. Those eyes spoke everything about him.

It is indeed sad that such a great man faced an early death with no heir. The Kurultai commenced immediately after his death made a wise decision by electing among his adopted sons, a boy named Mabo after the legendary Mabo Hang. Who knows what might have happened if some lesser Hangs had used the adopted sons in their political game? You told me earlier that Mahang Mabo intends to bring great glories to our new empire by sending his forces to the north and the east. Even the lesser Hangs commanding us here in the land of Domans say so (while Srijunga Hang had made Domans his vassals military campaigns still continue as you might know). This means that I would be going even farther from my family.

I hope that you would do your duty in finding in investing the death of our late Hang whom we still mourn a year after his death. I know that the burden on you is increasing day after day but please also look after our family. Take care of your mother and younger siblings. See that they become fine warriors; if not wise men and women whose words are greater than any weapon.

Your loving father,
Gyaltsen Moktan
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:30 pm

960 AD

(The following diary entries of Ghimire Hangma; a female Khas politician provide details as to why the Khas-Kirat Empire only committed smaller raids on nations across the Isles for a century even after the death of Srijunga Hang.)

It seems that the God of the foreigners indeed favors his children. It has already been five years that our former Great Hang had perished and we still have not been able to find clues about how he died so mysteriously. We have indeed failed Srijunga Hang. So far we have not been able to to bring more nations under our feet.

In fact, we are still having troubles with the nations we conquered. The land of Domans has still not seen a full peace and there are still traitorous scums among the Domans who refuse to accept the treaty our two nations signed. A military presence has been constantly kept on the Doman lands but they still refuse to have a Khas-Kirati governor. Nonetheless, these Domans are good traders and they have been building more and more ships for our glorious empire.

Troubles are there in the coasts between our empire and Atna. Some rebellious Atnaians constantly enter the Khas-Kirati half of Atnaia and stir trouble. But like with the Domans, the Atnaians in our half of Atnaia have been proven helpful as well in many regards.

The most troubling issue right now is Akar. That little island refuses to be still under full control of our mighty empire. The Akaris in the interiors of the little island are savages and we have responded to them with equally brutal methods that I ought not to describe here.

Mahang Mabo, instead of becoming the ruthless conqueror that his adopted father was, has become a gossip among the women here and in far away lands. There are plenty of nations whose lords have ventured to our lands to give their daughters to him. He received another foreign girl today morning. For now, the young Mahang has been silent and politely refused to any marriage proposals that he has received (just like his adopted father; some politicians fear he may the man-loving tendencies Srijunga Hang had). Unlike his adopted father, he believes that information on enemy nations is essential and has sent smaller groups to raid lands they find and find out the minute details. This has caused fury among several lesser Hangs who accuse him of backtracking from his promise of bringing Khas-Kirati lands to greater heights.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 am

Fellow Lords and Ladies of Houses Great and Small, we cannot afford to be divided on this dire threat. For too long have we stood by, engaged in our petty squabbles while the Khas-Kirati expanded, conquering with impunity. And now Akar has fallen, Akaza, proudest of all cities burned to the ground, and the Emperor slain by these savages. Our kin have fled to the mountains, or taken to the ships to escape to the safety of the Empire. This is why I ask of you to elect me Emperor of Kemor. Before you I swear that as long as I live, for as long as I draw breath that no Khas-Kirat army shall step foot onto Kemor. For as long as I live we will do everything in our power to fight them and to liberate Akar. This is my oath. In the eyes of Gods and Men so mote it be.

Speech of Vayon Karma, King of Keomora, Archduke of Astraxia and Linkong, Duke of Madria, Lord of Benezandria, and Master of Kevora during the Great Council of 1009.
For Peace and Honor.

Kalorphi
Secretary

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalorphi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:59 am

1343 AD

*Dating puts this letter somewhere between the months of August and November

My Dearest Lana,

It has been three years since I’ve seen you. I know you tell me to focus on the war with Lvenc and the Horde instead of writing to you, but I had too. I miss you dearly and I hope you and the children are safe.

It has been hell here on the frontlines. The combined forces of our enemies are almost always strong enough to push us back. In ten years time, I would not be surprised if almost all of Kalorphi is overrun. It seems like for every barbarian killed, two more take their place. And they are unstoppable with the iron supplies of Lvenc and Glenthise shipbuilders.

The city of Kelhal is expected to fall in a week's time. We are holding on to what strategic location we can, but it's not much. The infighting amongst the troop doesn’t help, either. Even when our entire way of life is threatened, they cannot give up past slights.

The Dxawse have joined the fight. They finally finished their infernal, endless debating. They have brought with them a new type of bow that we have never seen before. It is taller than the average man, and can shoot farther than any of the bows we or the barbarians have. Hopefully this will help turn the tide of the battle.

I’m am not supposed to tell you this, Lana my angel, but we have reports of Lvenc and barbarian ships on the north coast. We fear that there might be an attack is eminent. You must take the children and flee from Yittura to the city of Fastwater as soon as possible. I could not live with myself if you and the children were slaughtered or enslaved. Fastwater is our last line of defence, and where we are basing our navy. You will be safe there. After all, Fastwater has never fallen in its history.

Please, Lana, be safe. Send me a message when you make it Fastwater. Father put a family silver stash at Center Tavern. It will be more than enough to get you up on your feet. Father also said that there is a deed in there to a tailor shop in the Northern quarter.

I love you, Lana. Never forget that.

With deepest affection,
Feld Vecia,
Captain of the Chieftain’s Guard
The Dominion of Kalorphi
Head of State: High King Grandle VII
Head of Government: High Admiral Thar Holkin

Never use NS stats. Check Factbook.
Telegram for Trade, Treaties and the like.

Domanania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Domanania » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:32 am

The following are a series of letters from various commanders of the Doman Resistance to the leader between the years 918-920 about the failed attempts to develop their own mobile cavalry forces.

August 918 AD
We have finally done it. We have had a successful raid against the heathen scum on a wooded path from Geranta to Vulctos. We slaughtered the bastards in their sleep and stole their horses. We now have enough horses to start a breeding program in secret. The heathens are smart and have not given the puppet government breeding grounds. They know their horsemen are their only advantage over us. We will take these horses to our base in the foot hills near Kamtorantia and on the banks of lake Doma. If we are lucky, we can develop our own horsemen and decimate their forces on this island!

-General Siw

October 918 AD
All the horses are together now. The Kirati don't suspect a thing this far north. They won't be able to find this place for months, and if we are lucky we can produce a generation by then. But we fully believe in the ability of your fighters to hold off any Kirati if we are discovered to move these creatures to the secondary breeding grounds.

-General Kub

April 919 AD
We may have been discovered. We are noticing far more Kirati soldiers moving into the area, as well as "Traders" who are interested in buying horses. They ask far too many questions and will rarely head into town to buy anything else. We may need to start moving the animals out in the near future. May Doma bless our endeavors.

-General Kub

July 9th 919 AD
We have begun to move the beasts off site, but we have gotten word of a force nearing 500 Kirati moving near the town to secure it. If we are not careful getting these warhorses off site, then we may be caught and condemn the entire town to be burned. We will try taking them around the northern path to avoid the valley where they are rumored to be camping.

-General Kub

July 25th 919 AD
General Kub is dead! Getting the last of the horses out, we ran into a small scouting party of Kirati. They questioned us about our merchant horses, but one noticed a brand on one of them, and we were fell upon by the scouting party. The general was captured and strung up in town as a warning. The last of our horses were captured. We hope the left over horses are enough.

-Lieutenant Sib

November 919 AD
We have produced our first litter of foals. However, this winter will be harsh so say the priests. We may lose these babies and have to start over. We barely have enough for this program while brave troops continue to fight in the fields and woods to keep the heathens distracted.

-Breeder Jin

January 920 AD
Only three of the foals survived out of twelve. Even then, they are starved and weak from this harsh winter. Had we stayed in the north, surely the adults would be dead too. we barely have enough food for ourselves, and so the horses must suffer. At this point, it may take us many years longer to reach our desired results. We may need to conduct more raids for horses, but they are guarded more heavily since the last raid.

-Breeder Jin

March 920 AD
We have been found out again. I don't know how these bastards keep finding us. We may have a spy in our midst. Either of the Kirati or the puppets in the capital. We found all our horses slaughtered in the night. Some seemed to be taken away. But the grain house was also burned. We must flee before a full Kirati force arrive to wipe us out.

-General Sib

May 920 AD
It is time we abandon the program. It is costing us too much food and men when we have lost so many horses. The entire breeding teams are to be put to death to prevent any spies. Our old tactics work. We don't need any silly horses or mounted men to win this fight. We have the gods on our side and we can never lose!

-Commander of the True Doman Forces, General Zuca (Written to his generals three days before his compound was found and he was killed. His troops would continue to fight on for many years)
Proud member of The Western Isles

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:19 am

(The following is a lecture given by a history teacher in a modern-day classroom in a public school of New Forest, Athara Magarat. New Forest is the ethnic town of Nyssics living in Athara Magarat right since the time of the Khas-Kirat Empire)

Good morning, students!

You may now take your seats. And keep away all other unrelated things to our topic today. That also means your earphones, Susan. Don't think I can't see your earphones just because you hid them with your long hair, Ms Barrach. And before we head to the lesson today, I want you all to submit your soft copy papers on our last topic to my email address. There are some of us who are busy texting under the table than submitting their homework. What was our last lesson, Mr MacArtair?

Um, yes. At least you remember. You can sit down, Lucas. And switch off your phone before the Principal sees you texting in class from the cameras. I won't be so kind the next time as well. And you still have to sit after the class for incomplete homework, MacArtair.

Ah, right. The last time we were discussing the status of the Khas-Kirat Empire after the death of Srijunga Hang. We had also talked briefly about the rulers. Can anyone say the names of the Mahangs after Srijunga Hang to the time the Yakthumba Civil War took place?

Very good, Ms Gall. To those who were not paying attention in yesterday's class, I shall say this once again that the four Mahangs after Srijunga Hang and before the Yakthumba Civil War were Mahang Mabo (ruled 915-964) who is not to be confused with Mabo Hang, Thulung Hangma (ruled 964-1006) the first female Mahang, Gurung Hang (ruled 1006-1048) the first non Kirat-Limbu ruler and he was of Tamu (or after his name Gurung) ethnic group and his wife Onim Hangma (ruled 1048-1094) after his death.

Even when you search on the Internet, you will be told that the Yakthumba Civil War (1094-1098) is called so since it was fought by two members of the Yakthumba or Kirat-Limbu ethnic group. There were many civil wars in the Khas-Kirat Empire as a large empire was ultimately bound to have them but the Yakthumba Civil War is best known for being fought among blood brothers of the same ethnic group. This civil war ultimately resulted in the firm grip of the Khas-Kirat Empire by Chemjong Hang but at the same time, it also ensured that the government was not centralized and many Hanagates (or as most foreigners will say: Khanates) sprung throughout the Isles.

The Great Kurultai (I think you know the spelling, class) of 1048 had elected Onim Hangma as the Mahang of the Khas-Kirat Empire. However since her sons from Gurung Hang were not pure Yakthumbas, thus most of the Kirat-Limbu nobility, who had resented Gurung Hang when he was alive, did not recognize her children to be capable of being successors to the Khas-Kirat Empire or even holding low official positions. When Onim Hangma died, there was an unrest in the Khas-Kirat Empire about who would be her successor and what would be the fate of her children who were being outcast.

Numerous warriors, generals, officials and lesser Hangs (or even Hangmas) started declaring themselves as candidates for the as the next Mahang. There were even claimants from the Koyongwa Dynasty of modern-day Bhumidol and rumor has it that even an Akari prince and an Atish lord claimed their stakes at the throne; although this is likely to be just rumor as they were the biggest enemies and hurdles of the Khas-Kirat Empire throughout its history.

Chemjong Hang was a young commander in the Yakthung Thibon who were always conquering newer lands and most of the commanders in the largest and most powerful horde of the empire were related (that is if you remember) to the previous Mahangs. The warriors of Yakthung Thibon choose Chemjong Hang as their candidate. Several sources claim (although not by Atnaian history books) that he had went far ahead as to seek support from Atish lords (who had managed to break away from the empire and reunite as Atnaia by then) and used his wife Doquma who was a Balnian convert to secure the talks. It is said that Chemjong Hang had promised the Atish lords that there would be no threat to Atnaia under his rule and Balnianism as a religion would thrive within the empire. He was in modern-day Domanania when he was issued a letter of challenge to the throne by Angdemba Hang.

Angdemba Hang had already secured alliances with the dominant Kirat-Limbu nobility as well as the Koyongwa Dynasty of modern-day Bhumidol. In Domanania, Chemjong Hang quickly convened a kurultai that elected him the Mahang. In Bhumidol, Angdemba Hang also summoned a kurultai that proclaimed him a Mahang; months later when he heard of Chemjong Hang's plan. This created two rival claimants to the throne; both of them declared as Mahang by kurultai commenced outside the Khas-Kirati homeland (at present the nation of Athara Magarat) for the first time.

Chemjong Hang was reluctant at first to fight against his blood brother who had also been a fellow commander in the Yakthung Thibon for a brief time. Both were cousins and adopted great-grandsons of Srijunga Hang through Mahang Mabo. But he also knew that Angdemba would have to listen to the Kirat-Limbu nobility who had supported him and such a move would fracture the Khas-Kirat Empire that encompassed thousands of ethnic groups and tribes. And by personality, Angdemba Hang was arrogant and hotheaded who would have to rely on sly advisers with their own agendas to rule the empire.

Chemjong Hang knew that he needed recruits and supplies from conquered lands to strengthen his army. To the conquered tribes and subjects, he presented himself as a just harmonious ruler and Angdemba Hang as a destructive usurper. He gave speeches to the Domans, Aziris, Akaris and other vassal tribes in their own tongues promising to reduce taxes imposed on them while keeping in touch with smaller Khas-Kirati tribes that often felt neglected and shunned by the Kirat-Limbu nobility. He also made friends with the sons of the late Onim Hangma and promised to give them their deserved honor and position.

For the first year, Chemjong Hang was busy securing alliances while his generals fought the battles for him. In the second year, he cleverly started a naval blockade of Bhumidol and funded some uprisings against the Yakkha-Koyongwa Dynasty. By the winter of 1096, the Yakkha-Dynasty withdrew their support for Angdemba Hang and requested Chemjong Hang to leave their nation out of the affair.

During the interim time periods of peace, Chemjong Hang recruited more personals into his army, fortified the towns and had men and ships guarding the borders of areas swearing loyalty to him. He paid handsomely to the villagers who drove out supporters of Angdemba from their localities. By 1097, most of the Khas-Kirat Empire, vassal states and tribes and several foreign nations were all on Chemjong Hang's side. In the same year, there was another rebellion by the Akaris but it was easily subdued by Chemjong Hang who made a rare show his power during the years of the Yakthumba Civil War. After being exhausted of resources and with no allies to help him, Angdemba Hang finally surrendered to Chemjong Hang in 1098 and the civil war came to its end.

In the aftermath, Angdemba was imprisoned and the Kirat-Limbu nobility that had supported him in the civil war were given a varying degree of punishments and some even executed for disobeying the laws laid down by Srijunga Hang. Chemjong Hang also called for a kurultai to decide the fate of his prisoner. He was not willing to have his blood brother and cousin killed without public support. In 1099, Angdema died under mysterious circumstances while in prison but most historians agree that he was likely poisoned secretly by Chemjong Hang.

A number of lesser Hangates emerged throughout the Isles and all of them were established by Khas-Kirati tribes whom Chemjong Hang had promised to give their own rule and lands. While most of the times, these Hangates worked side by side for better of the Khas-Kirat Empire, at time they were at odds over each other and warring for many reasons. And the status of vassal tribes was also lifted, they could hold official positions and become military commanders through merits. Newer technologies were researched and developed and foreign relations were important during Chemjong Hang's rule rather than just 'get conquered or enemy' stance of the Khas-Kirats from before. As such, Chemjong Hang came to be known as the Reformer during and after his rule.

This concludes our class today. Thank you for you attention today, class. Ms Olivia MacNeil, you know a lot better than to pass notes around the class. Like Mr MacArtair, you will be staying after the class as well. Your homework is to write a short biography of Chemjong Hang, if not you can do the summary of the Yakthumba Civil War or else you can write about the causes and consequences of the civil war if you like. Thank you, class dismissed!
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And my IC constitution

Ostehaar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:25 am

Parts of a letter from the leader of an Oster warrior group, dated to the Winter of 1204 AD and translated from Old Oster into English. Some parts of the letter were unreadable due to normal wear and tear. Translation remarks in square brackets.

[Missing section, probably instructions to the messengers]

To Ohdien of Haalban, baron [or 'earl'] of North-Poro region - Farewell and good-day. Please give my regards to Ehla; I hope this message finds you both at peace.

Your forecast about the size and nature of the invaders turned out to be correct. We owe you our gratitude, since your projections were the vision [or 'inspiration'] according to which we prepared for [this] combat.

We held our ground, and although we had to retreat for some time [or 'for a moment'] when the battle started, we soon went ahead and caused great losses to the enemy. I am writing to you now as a person that has won a battle but not the war, and the loud noises from across the river are a testimony to that; the invaders are camping there and we expect them to attack again by noon tomorrow.

Our current plan here is to surprise them with an attack of our own, at dawn, with the sun in our backs and in their eyes. They seem to believe that we are unable to form any attack due to our limited numbers, but they forget that it is our home we are defending. Also, it is my assumption that during the night, some of their supplies and equipment will freeze. We move quickly and carry less, and these conditions are ours [as in 'the conditions we are used to'].

I hope to write you another letter tomorrow, after a glorious victory.

[Partly missing section, seems to be a list of dead and wounded and lost equipment, followed by a chant of prayer]

Ohdien, brother - Please deliver the information, as well as my description of the invaders from the previous message, to The Fort in Porohare. A few there can make good use of it. We, here in the north, are still in need of more warriors, swords, spears, and shields. I trust that you will work to supply these to us.

Tolukh of Erdehare,
Leader of North-Erde protection [or 'defense'] group

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Below is a letter to Queen Magaidh (1228-1264) of the Kingdom of Nyssic by the Laerd of the Sessux Isle. It has been translated from Old Nyssic.

Magaidh, by the grace of God, Queen of Nyssic, Laerd of Dunhade, and Lady of Castle Gwynon,

I write to you, my Queen, to inform you of the current situation in the Sessux Isle, I hope that this letter reaches you swiftly as the news I must impart to you does not bode well for the Isle. Under these circumstances, I believe that I must be blunt to let you understand the situation perfectly.

On 15th January 1232, the year of our Lord, I received notice of foreign vessels entering your seas. Upon further investigation, we discovered that the ships belonged to the southern Khas-Kiratis currently around Gael. We mobilised our troops, including our levies which were sent before my men, to stand guard at the southern beaches. Upon realising that the ships were not stopping, I ordered the troops up to the Earl's Hill just north of the beaches.

Our line of defence was slaughtered due to the sheer size of the enemy force. It would appear that your Kingdom is set to be next in the Khas-Kirati Empire. I ordered the rest of my troops to the town of Laen, only to have them killed by the southern scum. We are now days away from experiencing a siege on the Ronyld Clan Seat.

My Queen, I implore you to send more soldiers to the Isle, or at least attempt to make peace with these savages. Please my Queen, if only to prevent further invasion of your blessed Kingdom.

Your Servant forevermore till death take me,

Laerd Harold Ronyld, Laerd of Clan Ronyld

Shanowinn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanowinn » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 pm

[preserved from an account written sometime during the 10th century in the region of An Clare, Shanowinn]

Strange looking men were afoot, and it was clear that they were not from our land. Everything about them looked quite different from our own appearance, clothing, and so forth. There was one man that we could recognize, at least as being from our land. He told us in our language that the strange men were from a distant land and part of some empire which I believe is Cirat [Kirat]. The foreigners began speaking in what we took to be their peoples' tongue. The Owinn man with them then told us that they were interested in our steeds, which we were managing then. Apparently they were admiring them.

The foreigners, we learned, remarked at their size and that they must be great beasts. Rhiannon, the daughter of one of the pasture men, took to her vibrant bay and coursed around the pasture for to give an exhibition. At one point, even to our well-ridden souls, she aired a spectacle of riding skill that paused our breath. When she rode and stopped near the foreigners and us, dismounting, the strange men gave signs of respect to the steed which they had to peer to a degree upwards, to view fully.

The Owinn man informed us then that the Ciratí [Kiratis] wished to gain many of the horses from us. We heard them out but were doubtful about the proposed deals and trades, for our excellent steeds were going to the Comsedlon, our others were necessary for work and breeding, and the remainder we hoped to sell for the benefit of fellow Owinns.

The foreigner who appeared to be in charge then spoke again, and when the Owinn intermediary tentatively conveyed the proposition, it was very grave. Rhiannon, daughter of Rhian, was pleasing to the foreign man, and claimed that he would give most of what he had to offer, if he could gain Rhiannon and her horse, rather than a stock of horses.

Rhian was greatly angered, most angered among the Owinn men. Rhian claimed that he would terminate the offender in combat, but nonetheless end him rightly. It did not come to blows, as the Ciratí made a great apology. However we believed their lot to be forfeited with such a display, so we and in particular Rhian took much of their goods as compensation. In return the foreigners gained one draught [draft] horse we otherwise desired naught to keep.
Last edited by Shanowinn on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats; I use factbooks

Pro: whiskey
Anti: running out of whiskey

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:47 am

(The following is a letter by Selling Hang the then Mahang of the Khas-Kirat Empire to various nations of Gael after the Nyssics had made a peaceful alliance with the Khas-Kirat Empire. Selling Hang ruled the throne of the Yellow Dragon from 1208 to 1255 and had his brother Emay married to Queen Magaidh of Noronica at 1232; hence the letter below is presumed to be dated a year or two after the marriage union.)

We, by the power of the Eternal God, the Great Hangs of the great Khas-Kirat Empire guarded by the Yellow Dragon — our command.

If this reaches the peoples of the nations of the far north, let them stand and respect in awe of it.

This is a directive in the [Atish, Bhumhalese and seven other languages] tongue sent to the leaders of various nations of North; may they take note and comprehend it, what has been written. The petition of the great Kurultai [assembly] convened in the homelands of the numerous tribes of the Yellow Dragon [the Khas-Kiratis].

If bearer of this petition reaches you with his or her own report, you, who are the Mahang [emperor] of your nation, together with all the Hangs [princes or other lesser rulers], must come in person to serve us. At that time, I shall make known all the commands of the Yassa [sacred rules to be followed].

Through the power of God, all empires from the rising of the sun to its setting have been given to us and we own them. How could anyone achieve anything except by God’s order? Now, however, you must say with a sincere heart: “We shall be obedient, we, too, make our strength available. You personally, at the head of the Kings, you shall come, one and all, to pay homage to me and to serve me. Then we shall take note of your submission. If, however, you do not accept God’s order and act against our command, we shall know that you are our enemies.

You can follow the examples of the Nyssics. Their Queen Magaidh and councilors let go of their prejudices against us and accepted my brother Emay Hang as the consort of the Hangma [queen]. They have even allowed the diverse religions that flourish in our realms to be practiced there and Balnian churches, Buddhist monasteries and animist shrines have been built. In return, I have sent the most powerful of our hundreds of hordes, the Yakthung Thibon composed of even my blood relatives and many other Yakthung [Kirat-Limbu] riders, to protect Nyssic lands from their enemies. Not only soldiers, we have gifted the Nyssic Hangma [Magaidh] with rare items and newer goods [newer technologies such as siege weaponry, larger vessels, etc to name a few] to show that we treat with kindness to all those who accept us as we are.

God willing, we ask you to open your doors if you do not want there to be more bloodshed. Your nations will submit to the will of God when you bend to the command of the Khas-Kirat Empire. Thousands of foreign tribes and hundreds of religions have bowed in front of our arrows that can reach the deepest pits of hell and the farthest point in sky. I demand you all to do the same. If you act against this command, how then can we know what will happen? Only God knows. And the Yakthung Thibon are already in Nyssic nation in your neighborhood.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Dragao do Mar
Envoy

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragao do Mar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 pm

October, 23 of 1122 AD | This document is a letter written by a emperor's informant in the Cambeba city, a important city of the Tabajara Empire.

To Emperor Yakecan, in Jacarécanga                                       October, 23 of 1122 AD

Great Yakecan, as your authority demanded, i came to Cambeba in a mission to inform you about how are going the Cambeban economy, but with this letter i will tell you other thing that is happening exactly now in your domains.

In the last season, as you already are informed, strange men were landed in the south litoral, a territory out of your domains. We know nothing about them, but the population in calling they as Caaipura (Came from the woods, the Khas-Kiratis were called as this). In the last day, some Caaipuras calling itself as messengers appeared in the city entrance asking to talk to "our Hang(Emperor)". As the local authority, the governor Ciro agreed to have a particular conversation with them. And after seven minutes, he ordered to sacrifice them to Tupã, the sky and sun god.

No one knows exactly what were discussed, but in the sacrifice ritual the governor Ciro said "Strange men came to my city demanding high tributes to the Caaipura's emperor, it will be not me to agreed in supporting this people" and the population give him applauses. Now we know that a great number of Caaipuras are marching to Cambeba, the majority bowmen in horses, a insanity! Were related too that they are bring big wooden structures and forces of our enemy tribes from the west.

Now we are expecting them to reachthe city in five, no, four minutes. I am now finally asking you, to cooperate with them in any case. There are sufficient Caaipuras to take the city completely, our warriors are despaired, i do not know what to do, they are now invading,Caaipuras are entereing the citi, peopls being kiled, its a madne [...]

Blood smudged the paper. The informer of unknown name were killed. He didn't finished his advise letter, it were too late. At this point the Khas-Kirati already had entered the city, killing the population and the governor Ciro. This letter were find in the Cambeba wreckage by archaeologists.
In 1123 the Tabajara Empire were completely invaded and destructed.
Member of The Western Isles | Latin America, Brazil, Ceará

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:19 am

1122 AD

(The following is an account of the Battle of Cambeba by Atish scribe Gospel Greyback who was travelling with the Nine Gyarong Horde.)

The Great Hang who is from the Chemjong clan of the Kirat-Limbus gave his blessings, as did the twelve-years-old Imperial Kumari. Their blessings arrived in the form of letters earlier today.

Muhrung Hang was pleased that Chemjong Hang had authorized the Nine Gyarong Horde to take on those who had insulted the might of the Khas-Kirat Empire by sacrificing the hearts of Tamu messengers to their heathen god. Ghale Hangma, the only non-Tamu commander of the Nine Gyarong Horde and filling in for her dead husband who had been a fine commander (as the soldiers claim), was devastated by such a brutal act. She consulted with me whether Atnaia would help in converting the heathens to Buddhism and Balnianism where you don't need to rip one's heart to please the Almighty. I responded kindly that as an Atish writer living in Khas-Kirati realms, I had no authority over Atnaian churches who were busy with their own state of affairs. Regardless of my answer, she was adamant that Chemjong Hang would help to establish Balnian churches, Buddhist monasteries and animist shrines and even send a Kumari to bring True Religions in this northern land once the battle would be over.

There have been unnecessary rumors of late about Ghale Hangma and me. Khas-Kirati tradition has it that a widow or widower can remarry without any hassle. It has been the law of their mountains where the life was always hard and in this era of empire-building, they are using that rule to expand their numbers [population]. And in these days, Atish people as well as many other foreign tribes are accepted by the Khas-Kirati society.

However, like I said earlier, I am just a writer assigned to this particular horde and Ghale Hangma has been tasked with overseeing the safety of me and the few other non-military personals here. If you ask me, she is a poor soul who lost her good husband and is seeking solace in religions to help herself. She herself grew up in a Buddhist family while her late husband was a follower of the Gurung Dharma [ethnic religion of the Tamu people and the Nine Gyarong Horde was composed almost entirely of Tamu warriors] while I as a writer [who could also read religious books as well as speak Tamu Kyi language] am the unofficial head Balnian head in this horde.

Lochan Hang remarked that the enemy city was much more advanced than he had thought, We all had similar thoughts. None of us had expected people who dress in bird feathers had a city with stone-made buildings and many roads.

The offensive on the city began at mid-day. Muhrung Hang, still angry that the messengers [who worked under him] had been killed, order the brutal assault and told the soldiers to destroy the city at any cost: a command no doubt Chemjong Hang sent with the letter of blessing as well.

Young Pachyu Hang, who was friendlier than other commanders of the horde and often drank with his soldiers, led a small group of less than thousand to the southern part of the city that seemed rural than other areas. Pachyu Hang and his group of Tamu warriors killed anyone they encountered; most of the victims to the rain of arrows being unarmed farmers who had no idea of what hit them.

However, once they realized that they were being invaded, the city's army gathered and started their counter-attack. A few hours later, less than a hundred Tamu warriors returned to the camps. They had returned with grim reports of the death of Pachyu Hang and around nine hundred other warriors under his command. The fallen had been hit by the arrows of a few hundred elite bowmen dressed in clothes with snake scales. The only good thing was that these snake archers [Su-úkuris; elite bowmen warriors of the Tabajara army] were all dead as well; taken out Pachyu Hang and his warriors before they died. The snake archers had apparently hit the riders from high trees and were well-concealed in the dense vegetation. The remains of Pachyu Hang's group had only returned once the snake archers had been done for: as per the young commander's death wish.

The mood in the horde was evidently bitter and sorrow after the charismatic Pachyu Hang's early death but Muhrung Hang and the remaining commanders rallied their soldiers to take down the city at any cost. The remaining warriors from Pachyu Hang's mingghan [regiment made up of 1,000 soldiers] informed us that the enemy was apparently enjoying their victory but had also placed a mingghan of spear-wielding adults in black bird plumes [Pirãanhá warriors] and youngsters in fish scales carrying wooden batons [Túcãn recruits]. This was what the horde needed: surprise.

And so, the next moment the entire horde; even the mingghan Atish and Bhumhalese siege engineers and the three hundred auxiliary foot soldiers of various conquered nations were marching to the city gates. The only ones who were not involved were the Doman and Aziri sailors and the few other non-combatants like me. So henceforth, whatever I am writing was told to me later on by the Tamu warriors whom I had befriended.

17,000 horse archers, 1,000 siege engineers and 300 conscripted foot soldiers against around a thousand defenders. It was obvious who was going to win. It is said that Muhrung Hang smiled at the enemy who were still celebrating their victory while leading the charge. The seven commanders [Rili Hang was in charge of the camps just in case] of the horde wasted no time in separating the horde into three divisions. The right and the left wings of the horde encircled the bird spear-wielders and fish warriors form almost all directions. The poor souls were easily routed with heavy rain of arrows before they could even get near the highly mobile horse riders.

When most of the enemies at the gates had perished, the horde charged into the city. The commanders gave their warriors and the auxiliaries the full freedom to do as they wanted. I better not describe what happened next other than it was a total massacre of the city dwellers. The Atish and Bhumhalese siege engineers were told to destroy all major buildings of the city and reduce its majestic monuments to nothing for standing against the Khas-Kirat Empire. The city temples were mostly targeted for it was in a temple that the messengers had been sacrificed.

After rampaging through the city, the horde found the city governor [Ciro of Cambeba] in his palace guarded by his 700 bodyguards dressed in alligator leather [Jaekarés; the best warriors of Tabajara Empire]. However they were but nothing against the mighty horde that had reduced the governor's city to rubble and wiped out its people. The alligator warriors were killed along with the governor who had dared to murder the respected messengers of the Khas-Kirat Empire.

In the end of the day, the governor's head was preserved. It was to be sent to the next city and demand their submission. The counts were made and it was around 6,000 civilian and 2,000 military deaths for the defeated city whereas the horde had around 1,000 casualties. Muhrung Hang noted that the enemy; especially the snake archers, were a foe to be not underestimated in the next battle. He said that underestimation of the enemies cost the unnecessary loss of many lives fighting for the horde. It was evident that Muhrung Hang had been expecting only a few hundred or so losses. I am sure in the letter he wrote to Chemjong Hang regarding the victory, Muhrung Hang reduced the actual losses of the horde.

However even Muhrung Hang was pleased with the victory. He was sure that the Nine Gyarong Horde had learnt a valuable lesson and would suffer lesser losses against the enemy in future battles. He was sure that the victory in this city would shake the enemy empire the horde was against and also be granted the rights by Chemjong Hang to establish an independent Hangate as a reward for the victory.

For now, all was forgotten as the fallen hero Pachyu Hang's cousin sister Ghotane Hangma was chosen to replace him as a one of the chieftains of the Nine Gyarong Horde.

(The aftermath of this victory in the Battle of Cambeba and later on the Siege of Jacarécanga saw the formation of the short-lived Hangate of Tamuwan that was eventually brought down by civil rebellions from the Tabajara people and the neighboring Keomorans.)
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed May 10, 2017 7:28 pm

1123 AD

(The following is an account of some events before the Siege of Jacarécanga by Atish scribe Gospel Greyback; a year after the Nine Gyarong Horde's victory at the Battle of Cambeba.)

The blessings of the Great Hang and the Imperial Kumari are upon us.

It has been a year since the great Nine Gyarong Horde defeated these natives at Cambeba city. No matter how wealthy, it seems that the Tabajara Empire does indeed possess enemies. Several small tribes accepted to pay tributes to the chieftains of the Nine Gyarong Horde and sought alliance with us against the empire they loathe. Whilst some have joined the horde's cause because they know what happened to Ciro [the governor of Cambeba] and his city. Muhring Hang still carries around the head of Ciro to show the natives that they only have two choices: help the horde or be perished.

Several weeks earlier earlier, another governor was beheaded. Muhrung Hang had announced that the great Chemjong Hang had finally given official orders from the Imperial City to install a siege on the Tabajara capital and force Emperor Yakecan to surrender. To gather troops and supplies, the nine chieftains met with governors of the subjected cities. The first two cities willingly agreed to the demands but the third's governor did not. This city was small unlike Cambeba; so I have not even cared to look at the governor or the city's name. The man had been paying tributes to the Tamu chieftains but this demand turned out to have crossed the limit for him. He instantly refused to send his citizens to be conscripted into the horde.

"If you Caaipuras [literally "came from the woods"; the name used for Khas-Kiratis by Tabajara] did not have enough army, then why did you invade our cities? Why do you invade others if you lack soldiers?" the foolish governor instead pridefully questioned back the nine chieftains of the Nine Gyarong Horde. This was enough to drive them furious and the city was razed to the ground, its citizens massacred and the head of the governor preserved. This was also a reminder to other subjected cities to start being serious with the demands.

Like the beheaded governor, some of the other city governors too refused to join the horde. They replied that they did not care of the consequences because they knew that their respective city's people would be killed whether they joined the horde or not. To the proud natives, dying before fighting against their own people and emperor residing in Jacarécanga.

"Fools!" Muhrung Hang shouted as he looked at the destruction of a city that had refused the horde's demands but deep inside just like the Tamu warriors, Atish siege engineers, auxiliary infantry from conquered nations and myself, even he was admiring the bravery of these people rather than pitying them.
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Wed May 10, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:08 am

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:54 pm

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:56 pm

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 pm

1208 AD

(The following is the letter sent by Selling Hang to tribal chieftains of modern-day Miklania upon being crowned the Mahang.)

Cherished by the Mandate of the Heavens [accepted by various religions], this newly crowned Great Khas-Kirati emperor Selling Hang sends this letter to the kings of south island [modern-day Miklania].

The sovereigns of small countries have for a long time been concerned to communicate with each other and become friendly. Especially since my ancestor governed at heaven's command, innumerable countries from afar disputed our power and slighted our virtue. Nations far and wide have been rendered thanks for my ceasefire and for restoring their land and people when I ascended the throne. Our relation is feudatory like a father and son.

We think you already know this.

You also know of how the Founder of Our Great Empire, Revered Ancestor Srijunga Hang the Conqueror, attempted to bring your kingdoms under our great realm [way back in 910s]. The unfortunate sea storm [typhoon] those days were seen as the Sign of Heavens by many and thus our mighty empire was focused to the north [South Mesder and Wake Islands] and the east [Samudera, Bhikkustan, New Aapelistan and Gael]. But to me that was a just a mere natural disaster. Had the invasion been carried out in a different date, your nation would have already been part of our realm for a hundred years.

In this day, I hereby let go of that belief [superstition] that the Heavens are with you. The Heavens favor those who work hard. The Heavens favor this new Dragon Emperor Selling Hang of the Great Khas-Kirat Empire!

Hereby, I command you to surrender within the next full moon [since you most likely do not know our calendar system] or face the consequences. Let us see if the Heavens are with your small kingdoms!

[The signature of the Mahang is missing.]

(However another typhoon struck the day the Khas-Kirat Second Invasion of modern-day Miklania was commenced in 1208. This prompted the religious Khas-Kiratis to see the storm as a sign that the Heavens were angry and no further invasions of the southern island took place.)
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And my IC constitution

San Montagna
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Subject

Postby San Montagna » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:02 pm

992 AD

(The following is a message sent By Deitre group and defence Army leader Onaitsk Daiku, sent to king Ozbieck by messenger, translated in 1794)

"Dear King Ozbieck, Our grateful Ruler, The Khas Kirati have landed, and were more powerful than expected, they have stormed the beaches, and taken many prisoners, Their attacked began with archers firing from their boats, and while we recovered from the attack, their fiercest warriors stormed the beaches and slayed our men, We have been forced to abandon our positions, for a hill further from the shore. Our Leaders have reported that we have lost nearly 1 000 men in the fierce attack.

The Khas Kirati Attempted to attack our positions last night but were repelled. Scouts sent last night report that they are forming with cavalry for a second attack. We Should have been more prepared for the invasion, due to the quickness with which they conquered our neighboring island kingdoms.

In case we fail to defend, I suggest building Fortifications in the mountains, to halt their advance. 2 groups have been sent to the mountains already to begin construction on fortifications.
This may be the last message I send, so if no message is received in the next 5 days, Order warriors to defend the mountains, for which they need to cross to enter the southern regions of the isle"

Signed Onaitsk Daiku

(The Warriors failed to hold their ground and soon retreated to another position)
Last edited by San Montagna on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

San Montagna
Envoy

Democratic Socialists

Another Subject

Postby San Montagna » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 pm

992 AD
(The following documents are A Letter writen to The Khas Kirati Generals, and A Message written to king Ozbieck, Translated in 1798)
Document #1: Letter To Khas Kirati
"Dear Noble Khas Kirati Generals, We request a Short stop to figthing, so that we can both Retrieve our dead and wounded from the battlefield, Your Courageous warriors have charged towards our positions several times, to no avail. We all need rest from the ferocious figthing, so Please I beg you, Stop the fighting for just a day"
(This Small Letter was sent by messenger to the Khas Kirati Generals)

Document #2: Message to king Ozbieck By Deitre Group leader Onaitsk Daiku

"We cannot hold out much longer, the fortifications in the mountains must be finished in 7 days, or they will advance into the Suthern Regions of The Isle. Since I last wrote to you, we have been forced to move back to a small Village, This happened due to the ferocity of their attack, first over 1000 archers, as claimed by my assistant, fired their bows at our positions, killing many, then, their cavalry attacked, overrnunning our frontal positions and forcing us back to our rear lines, which we held for no more than another 20 minutes, before we retreated and headed to the abandoned village. My assistant then counted the troops, it seemed we had lost 10 000, dead or captured.

in the village, Each attack By the khas kirati is Chaos, when they enter the village, We fire our arrows through windows, while they set fire to theirs and burn down houses, Every once in a while they penetrate a House, which we have to either repel them from or burn the house ourselves. We wont be able to last musch longer, and we plan to retreat in a mere 7 days, Reports say that the fortifications are nearly finished since I requested to have them built 20 days ago. I hope they are well made, since we will be defending them in 7-9 days"
(The Warrior Group had to leave 2 days earlier than expected, but luckily the fortifications were ready)
Last edited by San Montagna on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
B

San Montagna
Envoy

Democratic Socialists

Postby San Montagna » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 pm

(Painting by Native artist, representing Khas Kirati Horse Archers, Circa 995)
Last edited by San Montagna on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:39 am

1104 AD

Sabat Subasang Bügat sighed as he looked at his weary soldiers who were as usual grumbling about the place and the 'natives'. He had come to the island with 7,000 horse archers from the Thangmi Horde of Thami tribe and 3,000 troops from various vassals. There had been the usual Lortik warriors, the Doman and Aziri sailors and even Atish cavalry but no siege engineers [unlike in other campaigns]. After the invasion of Crotanos had been successful, the troops from vassal states [except for 1/3rd of the sailors] had been called back by Chemjong Hang. Now the Thangmi Horde was stuck in the hellish place for who knows till when.

"Why?" was a question that Bügat had now come to often hear from the local people. "Why are you doing this?"

"The strong dominate the weak. That is the law of nature." Bügat gazed at the weak man who had dared question him. He did not even cared to look at the questioner and outright gave a cold reply. And it was also night time and dark to even look properly. That is right. The strong dominate the weak. As a Thami, it was his duty to his ancestors to never leave his ancestral place. But the oath he had taken and the traditions he believed in were useless in front of the power of the Great Hang, who had demanded the military officer to go from one place to another; from one military campaign to another and now having to stay for a long time as the occupation force in this faraway foreign land.

We Thamis were weak. Which is why, our tribe is dying... The Children of Baln [the Atish people] and the Buddhist Tamangs now outnumbered his people in their own village. Even his name was not a genuine Thami name. Sabat Subasang was a honorific name given to him by his Hang.

Sabat was the Yakthung word for success and his career as a military officer had been quite successful. Subasang was the clan name of his fiancee. She was a strong warrior and a leader in the prestigious Yakthung Thibon. The horde of Kirat-Limbus [also called Yakthungs] was the largest Khas-Kirati hordes one of the few ones where the women outnumbered men in leadership and were equally represented. Marrying a woman from the largest horde was a nice dream but marrying a strong and smart woman he loved and who loved him in return was the best thing happening him for him in the future. The latest he had heard from her was that she was in Linaviar to help the garrisoned troops.

The man whose name nobody knew smiled briefly at the thoughts of his fiancee. Everyone now called him simply as Bügat and that was a nickname he liked and which struck forever. Everyone knew that Bügat prayed everyday to his ancestor gods to ensure that his fiancee would be safe in yet another land, far away from home.

Serious thoughts returned to his mind again. Due the Thami tradition of not leaving their ancestral place, Bügat's tribe perhaps had the smallest horde of all Khas-Kirati tribes [though he knew there might be one or two tribe in worse situation than his]. And that was a big problem. Just barely even 6,000 soldiers [some of whom had contracted illness and been sent home while others had died in the invasions].

The other problem was women.

Thanks to those stupid traditions again, only few women [around 600] joined the Thangmi Horde [unlike most other hordes where women made 2/5th of the horse archers or in cases like Yakthung Thibon even half of the warriors] because that would have meant leaving the sacred ancestral lands. And thanks to the stupid traditions again, most of those few Thami women warriors and some of the more traditionalist or religious men had sex during the Eighth Month of the Thami Calendar.

Bügat was a man who dreamed big and that was how he had achieved the status thus far. His big dreams had landed him the perfect woman of his dreams and some recognition even from the Great Hang [as evidenced by the name Chemjong Hang had given him]. The same however could not be said of his tribe. He knew they were a declining tribe. And as an important person from his tribe, it was his duty to save their legacy. Even if it meant he had to break some traditions and rules.

His plan was for the Thami tribe to have their own Hangate like the Xiangu clan or the Twelve Magar Horde's new Mogoriin Empire in Ghodakosuddabhumi [Bhikkustan]. The only reason he so dedicated his tribe to this faraway land was in the dream of one day receiving the land as his tribe's own Hangate. To have a Hangate and survive in this foreign land, his tribe needed numbers that they were lacking. They needed a new generation of Thamis to keep the tribe alive.

When he announced his idea, nobody was shocked except for the extremely religious men. The few women in the horde reluctantly agreed for the future of the tribe and they still refused to do it on other times except the Eighth Month of the Thami Calendar. The religious men were against the idea of marriage occurring outside their tribe.

"Our way is marriage between cousins and to brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law when the partner dies. Our way is to have sex only in the Eighth Month."

"You fools, can you not see that myopic tradition has brought our great tribe to decline? And whoever said that there would be marriage?" Earlier Bügat had spoken aloud as the men who supported him cheered.

"Wait? You don't mean?"

"This land was given to me to govern by the Great Hang. What I say is the rule here. Not the decaying words of our ancestors or naive morality. It is only logical to take the women from local places to ensure the continuation of our next generation...unless you do not want our tribe to survive or see it become a Hangate?"

And that had been it. Now, Bügat galloped his horse away from the weak man as his underlings dragged away the man's daughter. This was done once in every 29 days. The wife-less men who wished to engage in carnal activities and "ensure the future of their tribe" were given free reign to do as they wish with local Crotanosian women they captured. This was commander Bügat's orders and even after most of the women died or committed suicide to preserve their dignity than give birth, the trend of 'Full Moon Raids' still continued...to the extent that all became dark and his name was tarnished forever in the pages of history.

(...Once the lunar cycle would reach it's crescendo, resulting in a full moon roughly once every 29 days, Khas-Kirati soldiers would be ordered by their superiors to ride around the various tribes and kidnap at least one young woman from each. These women would then be returned to the Khas-Kirati camps where they would be passed around by the soldiers to quench their carnal desires, many of them dying in the process. In 2005, the Athara Magarati government openly apologised for the crimes committed against the Cantonosian people during the occupation -- in particular the Full Moon Raids...)

- Cantonos Factbook
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And my IC constitution

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:13 pm

The Khas-Kirati thought us as weak and easy conquests and who could blame them? We were not a martial people, our pride was not our strength of arms but our compassion. As a people the Kemori valued peace and even even our battles reflected that, for ours are not the clashes of armies. Instead they are sacred, the duel of two warriors who fight with the knowledge that they are blessed by the gods, and through their victory or death it is only their blood that will be shed. That is why in the Empire there are no conflicts that see settlements burned and innocents slaughtered. Others laughed at these display for they saw weakness.

So who could blame their arrogance when all they saw were the Eldar, the benevolent pantheon of gods? Eisha, the beloved, Goddess of Peace, Mercy and Compassion did not inspire fear. Our wealth was the envy of the world so hence they came. And they were wrong.

For they did not see the Cethai, the dark gods that lay beneath the surface of our faith. They did not know that we also called Eisha the two faced goddess, and when blood was spilled she became Khevaine, the Goddess of War, Murder. and Cruelty, and that every duel was to sate her and our thirst for blood and violence.

When they came they did not see what they were expecting, a meek, gentle folk who were unable and unwilling to fight. What they saw horrified them. With every battle, and every act of cruelty we responded in kind.
A beautiful blend of discipline and savagery encountered any horde foolish enough to invade our sacred land, and every volley from their composite bows was drowned by the rain of our arrows. Every desperate charge was met by lines of eager spearmen, who repelled every earth shattering advance. Our berserkers, crazed by their fervor to kill their enemies and their primal bloodlust were unleashed. We died in droves for the horsemen were skilled warriors but we did not care. Blood was on our mind and only blood. At last we won, and the survivors pleaded for mercy, attempting to awaken the spirit of Eisha. But we were too far gone. Screaming we dragged them to our altars, and there we sacrificed them for the glory of our gods.

-Prince Wei of Hayara
For Peace and Honor.

Deutschbismarckreich
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschbismarckreich » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:22 am

1019 A.C

The waves lap gently against the pale sand, and the thick fog prevented the fishing boats from going out earlier that morning. Women bustle through the narrow street. With the noise of business, the ceasing of seabirds calling goes unnoticed. One or two hear the sounds or oars stroking through the water but are too busy to mind.

Five dark forms approach through the mist and suddenly a great screeching noise and the wails of war horns sound. The villagers stop their business, wide-eyed in shock, many drop their things and run. Seconds later, a hail of arrows drop down, several are slain immediately. The ships land, men pouring out onto the beach and storming into the streets. They wear mail armor and have helmets that cover their faces.

They call out "Tir! Tir! Dichen sind fon Jotten!" and slay the few men who come with raised swords and spears. The Khas-Kirati invaders kick down doors and open sacks, gold and silver and iron and bread, anything... anyone of value is taken. One of the men, with the scalps of ten men tied into his scabbard, tilts his head back and lets out a deafening laugh as a housewife tries to stab at him with a short knife. Her head roles across the street where another tears a small child from her parents, punching the father in the face with the guard of his sword and then slashing the woman across the chest.

One of the Khas-Kirati attackers lacks the beard most others have, and is in fact a woman upon closer inspection, deftly parrying an incoming spear jab. An arrow pierces the defenders' chest and the raider continues her sacking. Two cages of chickens make their way back to the ships and the stench of smoke appears in the air. The raiders make their way back to their ships and push off, leaving the village in shambles, but not destroyed. Thin trails of black smoke float into the air where braziers had been overturned onto bales of hay or the sides of wooden houses.

Only three of the Deutschians were slain, and eight of the townsfolk. Six slaves lay huddled around the masts of each ship, along with enough loot that a few of the waves break over the bow.
Last edited by Deutschbismarckreich on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Storalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Storalia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 am

916 AD, shortly after news of the death of Srijunga Hang reaches Storalia.

(Fragment of a documented speech by then Koyra (Akin to Prime Minster) Forei Kutsko, who was attempting to rally together parliamentary support for action against [nation=long]Athara Magarat[/nation]. Translated from the original archaic language, to the modern form, by scholars from the Korya Tusako Sorai (Translation: University of the First Prime Minister) in Storalisburg, circa 1987 AD.)

"We are a nation of actors, not those who sit by and watch the world pass us. While some in this [unintelligible] may sit down and cozy up to our enemies, I was chosen as a leader, not a lapdog. Despite protest from some of you, we have no choice but to act against this rising threat. While many may seem content to celebrate about the death, we have reports of them re-organizing. If we don't strike now, we may never get another change again, and will crumble amongst the sands of time, our culture gone the way of many that this empire, no... raiders have crushed. I will lead our troops in a defensive war against them, and rally all nearby nations who have their wits about them to [unintelligible], or fall trying. While we may not be in the direct path of this raider group, we should no doubt ensure that we secure the glory of defeating them for ourselves! For Storalia!"

(The speech is believed to have had four more paragraphs, but no verified surviving copy of them has been discovered. The speech ultimately resulted in little action beyond small payments to some of Athara Magarat's rivals.)
Last edited by Storalia on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
No step on snek. :>
The Church of Satan wrote:
Pretty Much God wrote:Well they do, just inside of Potato Alliance

Don't give a non-existent faction credit for our achievements. Since 4AM (EST) The Potato Alliance has worked around the clock to exact its revenge on The Horsemen. UPPERCUT has played no part in this. It is just the raging fury of countless potatoes.
Canonically now named Storal.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents